Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 5, 2016 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
There's that yaoi bait again. I kinda hope they really do put some gay characters in here. I'm not a big yaoi fan but my latent, inner fujoshi cries tears of joy when Viktor does something gay with Japanese Yuri. If not straight up yaoi then some hardcore BL.

I want to see the other skaters from all around the world. I'm kind of tired of seeing Viktor and Japanese Yuri all the time (yes, he's the MC, no fucking duh) but they usually start parading the other characters around the fifth or so episode.

The gayness in this is so strong that even Minami ships Viktor and Japanese Yuri together.
臭い-
Nov 6, 2016 7:37 AM

Apr 2010
It gets better and better each episode...though this one made me genuinely embarrassed but it was super cute! The ship sails!
Nov 6, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
yuriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! i'm rooting for him so much!!!! i'm curious to see phichit's skating, can't wait for the next ep
Nov 6, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
Cannot get over how great of a character Victor is. Supportive, funny, and blunt. Living for the Victor/Yuri dynamic. This series is crazy good!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 12:47 PM
Jul 2015
I LOVE MINAMI
little nugget bby
im probably gonna make so many edits of him hes so cute
Nov 6, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
I loved Yuri's speech at the end about his own interpretation of "love", and then the reaction of his sister.

Also more homoerotic humour, for some reason I'm really enjoying it I find it hilarious. I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously, I'll let the fujoshis interpret it however they please.

Hope this gets 2 cours but if it's only 1-cour I don't mind as long as the animation quality stays this good. Really impressed with it so far.
Nov 6, 2016 6:17 PM
Apr 2016
there's obvious quality in this series but I don't think it's for me, and I love watching artistic figure skating.
Nov 6, 2016 8:45 PM

Mar 2016
I love this episode the best so far. Two routines in one episode. Love it. I especially love the nose bleed hug part. Poor Yuri, thought he was going to get a hug. Can anyone tell me what category does this anime go into? Is this supposed to be shounen ai or is it that the characters' personalities are just that way? (I'm confused)
Nov 7, 2016 12:41 AM

Dec 2012
eli-chi said:
I love this episode the best so far. Two routines in one episode. Love it. I especially love the nose bleed hug part. Poor Yuri, thought he was going to get a hug. Can anyone tell me what category does this anime go into? Is this supposed to be shounen ai or is it that the characters' personalities are just that way? (I'm confused)

So far it's just kind of a Sports/Comedy/Drama show, it will very likely never be focused on the main characters' relationship (romantic or not). It's definitely part of the story by now and not just fanservice, but no one knows how far they will actually go with that.
Nov 7, 2016 2:07 PM
Nov 2016
I LOVE how Yuri and Viktor's relationship is developing, and how he is coming to understand the feelings he has towards those that support him (although he still has a way to go). I wonder though... Viktor's actions towards Yuri are certainly sincere, but in what direction will their relationship go? (My inner fujoshi wants the gayness to happen).

The Yuri on Ice OST used for his free form skate was just beautiful - like I need this in my playlist man. I was almost crying from how pretty it was!

Minami-kun on the other hand, omg he is just adorablllleeeeee!!! I don't want to see that little-un get left behind~
Nov 8, 2016 2:14 AM

Aug 2016
That fucking instagram photo in ep 6 preview BE STILL MY HEART
Yuri!!! on Ice is so gay, I love it
Nov 9, 2016 5:59 AM
Jan 2011
At this point I need new episodes of Yuri on Ice like a fish needs water. Yuri just declared to national television that he's in love with Victor!
Nov 12, 2016 10:31 PM
Dec 2009
The love between Yuri and Victor seems a little over the top at times, I don't mind it but I hope it doesn't turn off less hardcore anime fans that might have started watching the series because they're big figure skating fans. That young skater with the dyed hair is so cute and such an amazing performer already! He's definitely got a lot of potential, and I love how he fanboys Yuri! haha
Nov 14, 2016 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm I can ignore the yaoi vibes because of the beautiful animation.. but its getting a little too much lol.
Yuri's neck is a bit long during the skating scenes.. especially those jumps hmm.
Nov 14, 2016 1:27 PM

Mar 2014
RIP animation
RIP my ovaries
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 16, 2016 2:07 PM

Oct 2009
Wowie this is gay.
Dec 12, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
Its about time Yuri should start making some fans..
Dec 21, 2016 8:18 AM

Sep 2013
It's interesting to see how Yuuri's skate programs evolve a little bit with ever performance. Through his monologues, it's easy to see that he's a really stubborn character, but he learns to take in other people's advices and change little by little.

Victor's monologues during Yuuri's FS adds so much detail and background imagery to the song, 'Yuri on Ice'. He practically tells everyone that his entrance in Yuuri's life is what picks him up from his slump.

Minami is such a cutie pie! His jazzy FS totally fits his character image. I love how he's so unashamed about idolising Yuuri, which goes to show just how strong of a skater Yuuri really is. Yuuri really doesn't give himself enough credit even though he's the best of the best in Japan. XD

Also, Yuuri's ability to shout his love on live TV during the press conference was simply heartwarming and beautiful.
Dec 21, 2016 4:08 PM

Apr 2014
What a horrible animation.
Dec 28, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2013
Super impressive amount of animation this episode. Sucks to see all those mistakes though.
Dec 31, 2016 7:47 AM
Mar 2012
Minami so cute great dance there, reminds of Furouta from Concrete.
Jan 8, 2017 12:27 AM

Apr 2016
LOL!! Yuri's reaction when he was first to go was so cute!! XD

Minami is such a cutie!! =D I love that he openly spazzed at seeing Yuri pick first place again... Haha but Yuri didn't remember him xDD

Hehe...Yuri had to remind Victor that he bombed the previous year's Nationals. LOL, I think I would have assumed that Yuri was injured too, but nope, it was his mental state... xP And Victor's casual "wow" response <3

LOL!! Minami is full-out fanboying at Yuri, yet Yuri is just "I feel someone staring at me..." Yuri just can't see that he has fans!! :P

LOL, Victor wore a suit, and the girls around him were gushing.. xD Minako was too accurate; "That Russian coach stands out more than the skaters."

WOW!!! When Victor told Yuri to turn around and gave him that back-hug!! *___* OMG!! YES, YURI!! SEDUCE THE AUDIENCE! Congrats to Yuri on beating his previous record! :D

Victor was too cute when he held the puppy tissue and talked behind it...><

AWE!! Poor Minami, Yuri couldn't see his performance!! But AWE!! Yuri cheered on Minami and our little boy was so overjoyed!! XD And his performance was really, really great!! <3

OH. OH. OMG. The way Victor placed the lip balm on Yuri's lip and their hug!!! The hug was so intimate!! One hand on the neck, and the other hand on the back!! OMG ><

Yuri!! Victor's right - because he's impatient, you can't help but keep your eye on him - GAH!! YURI! Oh no >< He hit his head!!

AH! When Victor answered his own question - he wondered who Yuri took after to be rebellious to his coach, yet it's Victor himself :P

LOL, Yuri skated to Victor for a hug, but whoops! He fell. :P Yes, indeed, watch that nosebleed!

I love how sincere Yuri was when he announced his theme!! >< It's great that he describes his relationships with everyone around him as "love." :)) LOL, poor Phichit...I hope a cool video was uploaded eventually. :P Hmm...the preview makes me curious...Victor's natural skinship to Yuri <33
Jan 20, 2017 2:12 PM

May 2015
I thought Minami was just going to be another competitive prick, but he’s a sweetheart. He quickly became my favorite character in the show just because of how adorable he is. Too bad he likely won’t be a regular.

I feel bad for Yuri’s friends and family, who were basically a second thought when he was thinking about love. Yuri’s really grown, though not completely for the better.

I jokingly call this series “Lesbians!!! on ICE”, but damn is that irony starting to show. Kind of hilarious in retrospect. Then again, Free! was basically the same. Rin was so aggressive because of his pent-up gayness for Haru. Fortunately, Viktor is more open with his gayness.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 25, 2017 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
Victor was right, you just can't look away!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2016
It was an average episode. Enjoyed it, tho. The wall scene was unexpected. Victor is cool as usual.
Feb 7, 2017 6:31 PM
Feb 2017
OrangeJP said:
Yuri actually has fans

Yuri's face

Hahaha. Lol. Love your gif there. Ummmm yes yuri katsinski and victor nabokev are so affectionate towards each other. Victor nabokev is so damn sweet towards yuri katsinski. Yuri katsinski is obviously really talented.
Feb 8, 2017 6:40 PM

Apr 2009
minami is sooooooooooo annoying omg. i hope he isn't in the show too much after this episode
Feb 13, 2017 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
Oh goodness what an episode. Minami tugs at the heartstrings and Yuri swept me off my feet. I just wanted his performance to go on and on. His description of love was very profound, it really does touch the soul deeper when the word that means the greatest form of affection can't begin to convey his feelings for Victor and those around him.
Feb 20, 2017 9:49 AM

Dec 2015
Doesn'nt Viktor's motivation game (on the hero) seem extremely pushy?

A nice competition episode, I liked the young "champion" 's dance style. Though I sometimes broke out of the show thanks to the pretty weird proportions distortion affecting Yuri during his performance. (I guess it's a technique to have better animation to the detriment of drawings conservation)

4/5
Mar 7, 2017 3:54 PM

May 2010
Uhh I loved cold and focused Yuuri so much! The change of narration in this part was great, finally we got to hear some of Victor's thoughts, and see Yuuri from a different perspective.

Minami was suuuch a cutie too >w< I'd love to see more of him in the future~
Mar 8, 2017 5:44 AM

Sep 2016
That Maccachin tissue box is super cute.
Yuuri hitting his head on the wall looked painful as hell. I’m wondering if that really happened in reality.
Mar 18, 2017 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
Takes balls to convey your "love" towards your coach.
Surprised he won since he made so many mistakes allthough it's kinda obvious he would ... being the MC and all, also they keep saying his "presentation" is usually the one thing that pulls him through.
Apr 7, 2017 1:29 AM

May 2013
EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY KNOW YOU'D WIN, I'M STILL SO PROUD OF YOU YURI BB <33333333333333333333333

That wall slam LOLOLOL. Poor thing hahhahaha. No pain, No gain amirite? :PPP
Jan 9, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
While the first half was fine, what was the best in this episode took place in the second half of it. Minami's and Yuri's performances were spectacular. Choreography went so well with the music tracks they decided to use. Ice skating dances are indeed the best and the most beautiful element in this anime.
Feb 26, 2019 9:17 PM

Aug 2017
I didn't like this episode. Minami is annoying and the episode was so boring until Yuri's last performance. Also, the animation is bad in some scenes.

Next episode looks promising.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 8, 2019 6:29 PM

Sep 2018
Victor is so sexy kyahhhh!!! I never ship 2 guys in romance but I like them! Hahahhahaha

The hugs!!! Kyahhhhhh
Apr 13, 2020 2:01 PM

Mar 2019
Migumi is really good skater nice that he looks up to Yuri.

Highlight of the episode
Aug 6, 2020 7:06 PM
Aug 2020
I'm so mesmerized by the way they skate it's just amazing !!!!
Oct 21, 2020 4:53 AM

Jun 2020
i loved what yuuri said about the abstract love, that was beautiful.

...but i've never thought about "love" until now. though i was blessed with support, i couldn't take full advantage of it. i always felt like i was fighting alone. but since victor showed up to be my coach, i've seen something totally different. my "love" is not something clear-cut like romantic love, but the more abstract feeling of my relationships with victor, family, and hometown.. i was finally able to realise that something like love exists all around me. victor is the first person i've ever wanted to hold on to. i don't really have a name for that emotion, but i have decided to call it "love". now that i know what love is and am stronger for it, i'll prove it to myself.....

ALSO HOW CUTE

minami was so cute too, what great sportsmanship as well. his little fang was sooo adorable!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 22, 2021 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
The performances were some great stuff again.

And I'm not a fundanshi, but this episode got me a bit weak lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2, 2021 4:55 PM
Sep 2018
frankly I didn't think I would have so many emotions in an anime like Yuri on ice, this episode is by far the best since the beginning, I will even give a 6/5, beautiful.
Nov 22, 2022 3:10 PM
Nov 2021
ADORABLE AF. Characters are lovable are it all goes together wonderfully. And the art is great, the fluid animation for this is yes
Nov 21, 2023 6:36 PM

Mar 2018
Minami is really a tanned, bratty, acentric shota with his own unique bag, no one really does it like him, very unique routine, everyone else follows a pretty similar pattern, tricks and so on, while Minami just turnt up.
hello hello
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2016

289 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

206 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

386 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 8:48 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Hickykissy - Apr 18

57 by LaGata7 »»
May 6, 5:36 PM

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.