Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2015 12:20 AM

Apr 2008
Protaku94 said:
lol, cue the next anime to be criticized for not following the source material verbatim.

THey better since some pretty epic stuff happens in the next volumes. More epic than JD
Jun 23, 2015 12:46 AM

May 2015
I don't even know how to feel about this season.
Of course it was enjoyable to watch but everything felt weird and really rushed as someone above stated.

For example they showed Ravel in one episode and she disappeared for the rest of the season. Same with Sairaorg, now I don't know if the volumes covered this or not but I felt that they should have had more appearances.

Also can any LN readers please tell me if there is a chance for season 4 or not?
Jun 23, 2015 12:56 AM

Dec 2011
There was a drop in quality unfortunately but its not butchered imo. Went from 9/10 first 2 seasons to 7/10 this season. The first 6-7 episodes or so were really the saving grace because I thought that part was every bit as good, but then things just kind of got boring there for a while. Last half of episode 12 was decent enough at least.

What I'm hoping is they did this to get some things out of the way and plan to get back to canon in S4. I have no interest in reading ecchi LNs myself but I do have a lot of fun with the DxD anime and can tell when it just isn't clicking the right way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2015 1:02 AM
Apr 2013
the way he got her normal on could be better

but the kiss they finally got was great!

and ofc the oppai song 10/10

xD

love this show more seasons please!
Jun 23, 2015 1:10 AM

Apr 2008
LucidSky said:
Of course it was enjoyable to watch but everything felt weird and really rushed as someone above stated.

For example they showed Ravel in one episode and she disappeared for the rest of the season. Same with Sairaorg, now I don't know if the volumes covered this or not but I felt that they should have had more appearances.

Also can any LN readers please tell me if there is a chance for season 4 or not?

There are chances. I'm just not sure I trust TNK to not fuck up future seasons the way they did with 3. Precedents are a nasty thing. As for Sairaorg worry not. He will get his time to shine in later volumes. He's the only guy in the series that can make me fanboy hard at this point XD
Jun 23, 2015 3:03 AM
Feb 2013
Tokoya said:
ZeroChaos said:
Except that people feared how this season would turn out, after hearing it would be 3 Volumes instead of the normal 2. Whether he has a plan or not, doesn't change the fact it was poorly done.
Poorly done from a LN purists point of view*

You don't have to be a LN purist to notice that this season obviously had rushed parts and was badly done.

ZeroChaosJun 23, 2015 3:09 AM
Jun 23, 2015 3:33 AM

Jul 2013
ZeroChaos said:
Tokoya said:
Poorly done from a LN purists point of view*

You don't have to be a LN purist to notice that this season obviously had rushed parts and was badly done.

Yes it was badly done but the plot itself was still easy to follow and the action still remains top notch including more fan service
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2015 4:09 AM

Jul 2007
So 1 week before the 3rd season started airing I started Highschool DxD. Generally speaking it was very shitty with cliche plot, dialogues, heroes and villains in addition over the top fan service. I seriously considered dropping it at the first 3 episodes thinking that this was too much for me ( I dislike harem and ecchi in general). Yet the more I watched the more the character grew into me and the more interested I became. I also started laughing quite a lot after some point. All in all it was really entertaining for me. I'm amazed with all the boob jokes they came up with. Especially with how they focused main parts of the story in all seasons in them. Like how Issei powered up because Vali would half the size of Akenos and Rias bust. I laughed so much there. xD

For me second season was the best. Third and first one were kinda the same! Well I never expected that I would say this but damn I want a fourth season too!!!

PS> Koneko best girl!
Jun 23, 2015 6:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
IceTaKu said:
Darklight0303 said:

You're both goddamn morons if you think that was out of place given the PRICE Fafnir takes every time he comes out during battle later down the line. Hell the END of season two. That whole Rant from Issei. By your warped standards that was out of place too. THat's pretty much on tier with the Oppai Song snapping Issei out of JD like it did in the novels. Seriously stop pretending like the silliness is bad. But hey it's much better to see Rias get slapped around like a ragdoll and have her uniform get completely ripped at her chest. CLEARLY SO MUCH MORE SERIOUS AND PROPER! Stupid.

Also Vali lost his moments of awesome when they butchered the whole thing with Loki. You should stop relying on summaries and actually get off your ass and read the damn novels.

i'm not saying the ridiculous ecchi moments are bad at all...they are a defining trait of the series...however, comparing a state of what basically amounts to unfathomable rage over asia's death to the fucking pantsu dragon is ridiculous...they aren't even remotely comparable...imagine if your friend was just shot dead in front of you and you're in shock...now some random idiot walks up to you and says "oppai"....are you seriously gonna start giggling and snap out of it? no fucking way, pervert or not, that shit ain't happening
Oh I agree wholeheartedly with that notion. All I'm saying is that in this in this particular scene, it didn't work at all, but you got the gist of what I was saying
Jun 23, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
Tokoya said:
IceTaKu said:

i'm not saying the ridiculous ecchi moments are bad at all...they are a defining trait of the series...however, comparing a state of what basically amounts to unfathomable rage over asia's death to the fucking pantsu dragon is ridiculous...they aren't even remotely comparable...imagine if your friend was just shot dead in front of you and you're in shock...now some random idiot walks up to you and says "oppai"....are you seriously gonna start giggling and snap out of it? no fucking way, pervert or not, that shit ain't happening
Oh I agree wholeheartedly with that notion. All I'm saying is that in this in this particular scene, it didn't work at all, but you got the gist of what I was saying

i was replying to darklight :P
Jun 23, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2013
Issei saved Rias and then kicked his own ass! (^_^)
Great Red looks pretty badass.

Awesome how Rossweisse became Rias' rook.
Issei still dreams of becoming a harem king.

My least favorite of the three seasons.
Since Season 4 is quite possible, hopefully it'll satisfy both LN readers and non-LN readers.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 23, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
Oppai dragon song..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 23, 2015 2:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
IceTaKu said:
Tokoya said:

i was replying to darklight :P
Oh lol xD
Jun 23, 2015 2:44 PM

Nov 2012
I have one word to sum up this season..

HAM-MER!!

But yeah, not so good.
niaxatoJun 23, 2015 2:50 PM
Jun 23, 2015 3:33 PM

May 2012
This was a horrible season. It started off great, but then just kept getting worst and worst.

This episode had all this built up for nothing. So I guess demons can pray now. Don't see have they muted Iseei when him and Rias was having their moment. Clearly he said her name. I mean was it suppose to be a secret?

Overall this was a disappointment coming from the DxD camp. If they make a season 4 I hope its a lot better than this.

2/10.
Jun 23, 2015 11:50 PM

Jan 2011
Ignorance is bliss~~

Though I could tell that this season was somewhat lackluster compared to the first 2, it was still entertaining with all the action and more uncensored goodness.

That kiss by the sea was really nice but is there any need to censor Issei saying Rias' name? And then they can't remember all of what happened.

Rossweisse becoming a devil for dem good insurance deals. Best reason ever.

Overall I'd give it 8/10. If there's gonna be a S4, I'll be sure to watch it and even more so if it's uncensored. Definitely love those bedroom scenes with everyone in it.
SkyTateJun 23, 2015 11:54 PM
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jun 23, 2015 11:53 PM

Sep 2013
As to be expected, sexist armor it was, but Rias' Scale Mail armor was pretty badass...

Also, no season 4 announcement, WTF.
Jun 24, 2015 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty sad how this season turned out hard to put my finger on it besides the awful animation what was wrong just felt like something was missing,i enjoyed season 2 far more so was pretty hyped for more DXD but that died off within the first few weeks.

6 or a 7/10 take a few laps DXD hope to see you again in the not so distant future.
Jun 24, 2015 4:37 AM

Apr 2013
Well, the scene at that shore was cute.

Overall, the whole season sure didn't reach the level of it's predecessors.
Jun 24, 2015 5:39 AM
Jun 2013
The biggest bull#### was that fight... they could have just used dress break to rip off that armor or bilingual to get through her, hell even that certain messenger could have been used, what would be an way to get everything back on track... but hell, lets make up random shi#...
Jun 24, 2015 5:41 AM

Apr 2008
BL-Noire said:
The biggest bull#### was that fight... they could have just used dress break to rip off that armor or bilingual to get through her, hell even that certain messenger could have been used, what would be an way to get everything back on track... but hell, lets make up random shi#...

WEll it worked since look at all the apologists that defend these heinous last episodes
Jun 24, 2015 7:04 AM
Feb 2013
Cloudy said:
So 1 week before the 3rd season started airing I started Highschool DxD. Generally speaking it was very shitty with cliche plot, dialogues, heroes and villains in addition over the top fan service. I seriously considered dropping it at the first 3 episodes thinking that this was too much for me ( I dislike harem and ecchi in general). Yet the more I watched the more the character grew into me and the more interested I became. I also started laughing quite a lot after some point. All in all it was really entertaining for me. I'm amazed with all the boob jokes they came up with. Especially with how they focused main parts of the story in all seasons in them. Like how Issei powered up because Vali would half the size of Akenos and Rias bust. I laughed so much there. xD

For me second season was the best. Third and first one were kinda the same! Well I never expected that I would say this but damn I want a fourth season too!!!

PS> Koneko best girl!

It gets even better after these volumes imo.
Jun 24, 2015 10:42 PM
May 2013
LucidSky said:

Well there are still a lot of sources available from the light novels to create a season 4 but after this ending could be to end the whole series or the rush to reach further into the light novel volumes to continue adapting from there. Anyway everyone can hope for another season ^_^
Jun 24, 2015 11:21 PM

Oct 2011
Issei and Rias kissed

Rosswieze joins the family. Dat health benefits and other things too

Oppai Dragon Song <3
Jun 25, 2015 2:48 AM
Sep 2014
Ok, this has been really bugging me. During the beach scene Rias said she did not want Issi for herself. Is that an accurate translation? Because it sounds like she doesn't want him for herself and is fine just being another member of his harem. In the light novels she does want him for herself and wants a romantic relationship with him. Its not until she has an established relationship with him and knows she is number 1 in his heart that she ok sharing him a bit. Does this also mean her insecurities are now gone? How are they going to adapt vol 10 if her insecurities and her drive for wanting a relationship with him are gone? those are some of the major driving factors of the story!!!! God this is driving me insane. what are your guys thoughts! thanks
Jun 25, 2015 2:49 AM

Apr 2008
BlackCatLuna said:
Ok, this has been really bugging me. During the beach scene Rias said she did not want Issi for herself. Is that an accurate translation? Because it sounds like she doesn't want him for herself and is fine just being another member of his harem. In the light novels she does want him for herself and wants a romantic relationship with him. Its not until she has an established relationship with him and knows she is number 1 in his heart that she ok sharing him a bit. Does this also mean her insecurities are now gone? How are they going to adapt vol 10 if her insecurities and her drive for wanting a relationship with him are gone? those are some of the major driving factors of the story!!!! God this is driving me insane. what are your guys thoughts! thanks

Just pretend these last three episodes never happened. It's for the best
Jun 25, 2015 4:41 PM
Sep 2014
Believe me i wish i could!

To try and get my head around it all I just re watched it and I might be reaching for straws here so I don't feel like my shows ruined, but tell me what you guys think of this theory I just came up with. What if the whole beach scene never really happened? I mean it did happen, but not in the context most people think it did. What if the whole beach scene was something going on internally with inside Rias. In the this scene Rias might have come to the realization that she originally thought all she wanted was to be called by her name like everybody else but now infect realizes she wants more in her relationship with issei. Throughout the whole seasons she has been questioning herself why she feels so insecure. She says she doesn't want him just for herself but her actions from last season and parts of this season negate that fact. She would not compete with Akeno or get Jealous of Asia if that were in fact the case. The scene instead represents her coming to the realization she is in love with issei and her desire for him to call her name normally as well as her desire for them to get together as a couple. The kiss represents the desire of her wanting a romantic relationship with issei while him calling her name represents how she desires him to remove the barrier of being just master and servant.

The evidence

The beach dialogue

Rias: I never wanted you for myself nor did I ever think so.

Risa: Instead of calling me president I just wanted you to call me Rias instead.
It was a small desire of mine. That's ALL IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Issei walks up to her

Issei: let’s go home (not audible) Rias <- which is what we all think he said

She tears ups and cries they smile at each other and kiss

End of scene

When we look at this scene there are a couple of hints that this might have not really happened.

1. There is no way in hell Rias would tell issei that she wanted him to just call her by her name. If she did then there would be no way they could animate vol 10.

2. Issei would not be so calm calling her by her first name. In the light novels it takes him about a whole novel to get used to it. He just acted way to calm for to be real.

3. When they got back he did not remember anything that happened on the beach and he continued to call her president even when they were alone. That did not change.

4. Rias seems to be the only one to recall and still feel emotion from what occurred on that beach. Which means it might have been something that she internally imagined to come to terms about what happened to her.

5. They followed big red. I do not think the dragon would make a pit stop on a beach for these two to have a heart to heart. They are supposed to be following him to get out of the dimensional gap. If they did just go straight through the gap this would explain why issei does not remember anything passed defeating isei’s evil doppelganger.

6. She asks if he remembers what happened and he didn't. She says that fine and she likes him just the way he is right now. Which goes back to what I said in reason 1.

7. At the end she fine the way things are for RIGHT NOW meaning she hopes things will eventually change between them in the future.

8. The final scene is with issei and Rias on the beach. It’s implied that she is thinking about that. Her thinking of that scene possibly shows her hope of them getting that far eventually in their relationship.

If they meant it to be seen this way then her insecurity could still remain and her and issei issues will then still need to be resolved. This allows vol 10 to keep its original story line. If I am correct then this scene might have just been put in to given the audience a glimpse of what was going on with Rias on a deeper level internally. Thus making it a possible tease for season 4.

So what do you guys think? Is it possible or am I just reaching for straws here?
Jun 25, 2015 4:45 PM

Jun 2014
As an anime only watcher, I really enjoyed this season! Overall I gave it an 8/10!

Hoping we get a fourth season as I enjoy the series for what it is and don't take the story too seriously as it is mainly about one guy's desire to become "Harem King"!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jun 25, 2015 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
BlackCatLuna said:
Believe me i wish i could!

To try and get my head around it all I just re watched it and I might be reaching for straws here so I don't feel like my shows ruined, but tell me what you guys think of this theory I just came up with. What if the whole beach scene never really happened? I mean it did happen, but not in the context most people think it did. What if the whole beach scene was something going on internally with inside Rias. In the this scene Rias might have come to the realization that she originally thought all she wanted was to be called by her name like everybody else but now infect realizes she wants more in her relationship with issei. Throughout the whole seasons she has been questioning herself why she feels so insecure. She says she doesn't want him just for herself but her actions from last season and parts of this season negate that fact. She would not compete with Akeno or get Jealous of Asia if that were in fact the case. The scene instead represents her coming to the realization she is in love with issei and her desire for him to call her name normally as well as her desire for them to get together as a couple. The kiss represents the desire of her wanting a romantic relationship with issei while him calling her name represents how she desires him to remove the barrier of being just master and servant.

The evidence

The beach dialogue

Rias: I never wanted you for myself nor did I ever think so.

Risa: Instead of calling me president I just wanted you to call me Rias instead.
It was a small desire of mine. That's ALL IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Issei walks up to her

Issei: let’s go home (not audible) Rias <- which is what we all think he said

She tears ups and cries they smile at each other and kiss

End of scene

When we look at this scene there are a couple of hints that this might have not really happened.

1. There is no way in hell Rias would tell issei that she wanted him to just call her by her name. If she did then there would be no way they could animate vol 10.

2. Issei would not be so calm calling her by her first name. In the light novels it takes him about a whole novel to get used to it. He just acted way to calm for to be real.

3. When they got back he did not remember anything that happened on the beach and he continued to call her president even when they were alone. That did not change.

4. Rias seems to be the only one to recall and still feel emotion from what occurred on that beach. Which means it might have been something that she internally imagined to come to terms about what happened to her.

5. They followed big red. I do not think the dragon would make a pit stop on a beach for these two to have a heart to heart. They are supposed to be following him to get out of the dimensional gap. If they did just go straight through the gap this would explain why issei does not remember anything passed defeating isei’s evil doppelganger.

6. She asks if he remembers what happened and he didn't. She says that fine and she likes him just the way he is right now. Which goes back to what I said in reason 1.

7. At the end she fine the way things are for RIGHT NOW meaning she hopes things will eventually change between them in the future.

8. The final scene is with issei and Rias on the beach. It’s implied that she is thinking about that. Her thinking of that scene possibly shows her hope of them getting that far eventually in their relationship.

If they meant it to be seen this way then her insecurity could still remain and her and issei issues will then still need to be resolved. This allows vol 10 to keep its original story line. If I am correct then this scene might have just been put in to given the audience a glimpse of what was going on with Rias on a deeper level internally. Thus making it a possible tease for season 4.

So what do you guys think? Is it possible or am I just reaching for straws here?

My take on is that either Chichigami or Great Red made a dream land-ish thing for them and it "happened" but didn't as you said. I don't know if it just happened to Rias, but it certainly was caused by either Chichigami or Great Red.
Jun 25, 2015 5:44 PM
Sep 2014
Maybe that what the author was referring to when he said the final episode would be kind of like Rias in wonderland. She was thrown into a world that was not real
Jun 25, 2015 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
It's a shame but this season just wasn't up to par compared to the previous two.
Jun 26, 2015 1:13 AM

Apr 2008
CeissaDesiste said:
As an anime only watcher, I really enjoyed this season! Overall I gave it an 8/10!

Hoping we get a fourth season as I enjoy the series for what it is and don't take the story too seriously as it is mainly about one guy's desire to become "Harem King"!

You couldn't be any more wrong
Jun 26, 2015 3:27 AM

Jan 2013
That was very underwhelming.
The second season was way better...
Jun 26, 2015 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
The kiss scene was sweet, but too bad Issei doesn't remember about it, i love the 3rd season despite all the flaws, High school DxD is my favorite Harem anime after all.

I want to see The Akeno arc more, that's my minor disappointment and i want to see more Isse x Rossweisse moment, in fact he should includes her to his harem kingdom !

Overall score 9/10, i really hope for a 4th season or at least OVA
Jun 26, 2015 12:04 PM

May 2012
Lol that ending xD Pretty funny to finish this with a rather open ending like the previous seasons, but still pretty lovely to see this season once again as the humor, action and fanservice is very well balanced imo so all in all another pretty lovely season!
Jun 26, 2015 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
I watched last episode again trying to see it with eyes of anime only watcher and I must say that I still disliked this... This was an ending? That was boring and I did not enjoy watching this even as this was something new for me and everyone.
After season 2 ending I was so pumped that I started reading LN (was my first LN), because I couldn't live without DxD. And I am sooo glad I did that. If I would wait for season 3 then I would never read LN.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 26, 2015 7:54 PM
May 2014
i tried to ignore it but i must finish every anime i watch and oh god my eyes, the poor shit it ende up as ruined any chance of them trying to patch up the messed up season
Jun 27, 2015 11:47 AM
Jun 2013
BlackCatLuna said:

Honestly? I think they just give a shit and don't care about logic or the (future) Novels at all...
Jun 27, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
CeissaDesiste said:

someones opinion can't be wrong

but this is laughable how serious ur taking a show that revolves around tits
Jun 27, 2015 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Most people don't seem to know so I'll just put it here:

A new OVA is coming in December and will actually be a canon adaptation of a side story from the LN's.
Jun 27, 2015 3:44 PM

Mar 2008
08/10

season 4 issei vs loki
Jun 27, 2015 6:08 PM
Dec 2014
I agree the ending was meh ( really the whole I dont remember anything cliché being used) but as someone who does not reads or cares about LN's, it had some really great moments.
Jun 27, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2008
ogorhan said:
I agree the ending was meh ( really the whole I dont remember anything cliché being used) but as someone who does not reads or cares about LN's, it had some really great moments.

Were any of those moments in the last three episodes? Cause if not you're still liking the novel sourced material
Jun 27, 2015 6:17 PM
Dec 2014
Darklight0303 said:
ogorhan said:

Were any of those moments in the last three episodes? Cause if not you're still liking the novel sourced material

Now that you mention it youre right I believe EP9 (?), where issei tranformed was awesome as hell, so yeh I admit the whole saving Rias thing and how it resolved was pretty crap.

But im not saying that the source material is bad rather then I just love watching an anime adaptation rather then reading it.
Jun 27, 2015 7:11 PM

Sep 2008
Worst season so far but I'll watch the next one if it comes. Bit bored with all the rescue plots, hope there won't be any in the next season if it comes.
Jun 27, 2015 8:35 PM
Feb 2013
Moodie said:
Darklight0303 said:

someones opinion can't be wrong

but this is laughable how serious ur taking a show that revolves around tits

DxD actually has a decent story, and isn't focused just around Issei wanting to be a Harem King.

Also, I thought we were "filthy westerners".
Jun 28, 2015 11:48 AM
Jan 2015
I love Highschool and i dislike the LN lovers. So i just want to say that the 1-7 episodes people were crazy here about the show because they are doing VERY WELL even the LN guys said it here.

After that it was a bit rushed, i felt it. The important events and battles didnt have the impact they should have. The final battle and ISSEI saving RIA wasnt dramatic as it should be.

About some guy here that raised a very important question about RIA's love for Issei. It's clear that she wants him for herself, she wants to marry him. But in the final momentos of episode 12 you can see her saying "its they way it should be, for now". She's saying that for now she can share him with the girls but it can last forever.

Which is incredible since Issei's goal is to be a harem king. So eventually Issei WILL HAVE to choose between being a harem king or marrying Ria.

I was really upset and cried when i saw that he didnt remember the kiss.
Jun 28, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2008
Hiei3x said:
I love Highschool and i dislike the LN lovers. So i just want to say that the 1-7 episodes people were crazy here about the show because they are doing VERY WELL even the LN guys said it here.

After that it was a bit rushed, i felt it. The important events and battles didnt have the impact they should have. The final battle and ISSEI saving RIA wasnt dramatic as it should be.

About some guy here that raised a very important question about RIA's love for Issei. It's clear that she wants him for herself, she wants to marry him. But in the final momentos of episode 12 you can see her saying "its they way it should be, for now". She's saying that for now she can share him with the girls but it can last forever.

Which is incredible since Issei's goal is to be a harem king. So eventually Issei WILL HAVE to choose between being a harem king or marrying Ria.

I was really upset and cried when i saw that he didnt remember the kiss.

No he won't. Rias's father is a harem king.
Jun 29, 2015 2:45 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah, let's not get revisionist on what this is all about. Issei wants to be a harem king, and the underworld isn't a jurisdiction where serial (sort-of) monogamy is the law of the land. Rias will be first (and possibly only official) wife, but the rest of the girls will be part of the harem. There is no indication that Issei is going to have to make a forced choice between one and the rest of the harem. If anything, that makes his life a bit more difficult because trying to keep all of the women happy in that sort of relationship is not an easy thing--even if they all consider themselves sisters.

My take on the last three episodes is that they didn't add anything to the story, but I don't think they were a total disaster. It wasn't quite a Bobby Ewing--it was all a dream--cop out, but the convenient memory lapse accomplishes the same purpose. It allows a later resolution of the relationship between Issei and Rias which follows the LN timetable. Even though I'd love to see another 7 seasons of the show, so we could fit in all the volumes, we can't legitimately expect more than another two or three cours at the most. So obviously they're going to have to take a tuck in the story at some point. I'll wait till I'm finished both the LN and the ultimate complete series before I decide how mad I'm going to get. At this point I'm still at the "Oh really.....I'm not too sure about that decision." level of concern.

All in all an ok series with some great moments but a lot of missed opportunities. Something that sadly may be inevitable when an excellent but long series of LN's is adapted.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 29, 2015 10:35 AM
Jan 2015
You two above made me think but you didnt adress my point about RIA's wanting Issei for herself, it's clear that she seriously ressent sometimes sharing him with the girls.

She is mad at Issei and sad the whole season not just because he didnt call her by her name but also because she ressents that he gives more attention and love for the others.

What is exactly stoping him from being harem king anyway?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

142 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.