Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 23, 2015 12:22 AM

Nov 2012
people who only care about action are stupid, the story development is more important
Jan 23, 2015 12:26 AM

Apr 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Tokyo Ghoul's second season so far has consisted of turning Kaneki into a pussy, and removing fan favorite and important manga scenes while keeping the boring shit no one cares about.

103 wasn't even important for the plot progression if that's what you're talking about.

Jonesy974 said:
Kaneki - human turned ghoul who absolutely abhors causing any harm to humans....joins aogiri. goes on mission where a bunch of CCG cops get killed. k...

Yeah that's the point because he changed although his real motives are still not shown yet.

Jonesy974 said:
At least they kept the Hidei and Touka scene. Although it's importance was super minimal. Not nearly as good or important as the Kaneki and Minami trip to the book signing which was completely changed.

Who the hell is Minami?
Jan 23, 2015 12:42 AM
Dec 2014
Am i the only who doesn't know who the author is. For some reason i just cant think who she is
Jan 23, 2015 1:02 AM
Dec 2011
Jonesy974 said:
T
At least they kept the Hidei and Touka scene. Although it's importance was super minimal. Not nearly as good or important as the Kaneki and Minami trip to the book signing which was completely changed.

uhh... Hide/Touka scene is one of the most important scene in TG. It revealed one of the biggest part of Kaneki's character that actually made people go back and re read TG and found out how genius is the mangaka how the mangaka really did an excellent job in building his character.

CeissaDesiste said:

So just curious - Why is everyone still comparing this to the manga when we already know that this season is an original story and not adapted from the manga?

The plot is still the same but only in different situation. When they mentioned anime original, I totally thought that it would go a whole different story from the manga. But still good enough for me to keep watching, I guess. Nonetheless seeing those scenes adapted from the manga, I couldnt help but to think, they could've adapted the manga if the final destination ends up the same as manga.
Jan 23, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2013
Liked this ep, blue hair fucker is pretty cool

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 23, 2015 1:16 AM

Jun 2013
MORE SPICY KANEKI HAHAHAAHAHA looks like the nutjob tsukiyama is back XD

This season continues to be amazing.

We get the book signing part with you know who.. I think her body movements give it away.

White haired Kaneki = best Kaneki
Jan 23, 2015 1:23 AM

Jan 2013
It was a good build up episode.
Hide should get more screen time here than in the manga.
Jan 23, 2015 2:16 AM

Oct 2013
lucidbrandon said:

White haired Kaneki = best Kaneki

*cough*
Jan 23, 2015 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
wow I was right.. Sen was definitely that bondage ghoul girl... since her habit of waving her legs gave away her secret identity immediately...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jan 23, 2015 2:53 AM

Oct 2011
Best episode so far. Finally, something (other than walking, running, dying and sighing) is happening.

Animation is pretty nice. Ending fanart is gorgeous. Touka showed some balls (she was too emo lately), Hinami is cute as always, Nishiki is lovely and Tsukiyama... is Tsukiyama. Happy to see Naki, he's annoying bastard, but still - I missed him ;D

I love how Sen was done, although they made it too much obvious who she really is.

So much hints that Kaneki's acting, too...
Jan 23, 2015 3:45 AM

May 2013
After that talking, I feel like I'm starting to know who that masked girl with the bandages is.

Touka is still worried about Kaneki. I hope she moves on soon.
Tsukiyama going on about his obsessiveness on Kaneki.
Kaneki and Ayato infiltrating that facility. Looks like they'll be some secrecy soon to be revealed.
Jan 23, 2015 4:04 AM

Oct 2014
Hide please dont die D:
Jan 23, 2015 4:11 AM

Oct 2013
buildin up pre good
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 23, 2015 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
TAMinator said:
Hide please dont die D:
i agree with you, beautiful.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 23, 2015 4:17 AM

Oct 2014
I loved Hinami in this episode and who was that guy crying for yamori he's such a crybaby and he can't even write down his name.
He should man up and get his revenge and Gourmet being a sick bastard as always
Jan 23, 2015 4:23 AM

Nov 2014
Really enjoyed this episode.The suspense is building up plus we get to see a bit of how Hide and Touka feels about this.The introduction of Takatsuki Sen is pretty interesting too wonder how she will contribute to the story.
Jan 23, 2015 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
I can so see Kaneki killed hide

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 23, 2015 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
The author looks so cooooool!! :D
Jan 23, 2015 6:03 AM

Sep 2014
Overall good episode. I can see the parts where the Anime is different from the Manga. Like Hinami going alone to the author. And most likely the author could be a ghoul here. Curious to see what happens next.
Jan 23, 2015 6:36 AM

Sep 2013
"Spicy Kaneki" lmao! He reminds me of one of those actors that always act excessively on stage XD

Great episode, I can't wait for the rest of the season! (Pls don't break my heart ha h a ha hide ha h)
Jan 23, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2013
The might as well have kept following the manga, it's pretty much the same thing but better.

Takatsuki had brown hair last time and now its green :O guess it was the lighting in the room.

Hope Shachi appears next episode :(
Jan 23, 2015 7:53 AM

Oct 2014
Easily the best episode so far for me I loved having more focus on Kaneki.

The Touka and Hide seen was pretty cool and I'm sure someone else has mentioned this but that foreshadowing with the chin thing and the being a good actor sounds like Kaneki is trying to pull off something big.

Hinami was so cute at the beginning getting an autograph for her one-chan.

I feel like the green haired girl is the owl even if she had brown hair last ep.

Not gonna lie I want some of thnat spicy Kaneki xDD
Jan 23, 2015 8:38 AM

Mar 2014
So far is interesting to see what Kaneki is doing in Aogiri
Jan 23, 2015 10:46 AM

Mar 2013
Liked this ep the most :) :)
Jan 23, 2015 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
hopenheim said:
This is worst episode so far, and boring AS FUUUUUUUUUCK! I simply couldn't stand watching it, but at end I managed to force myself just for plot(wasn't worth it).

And what the faq man, that fight at beginning is joke!!!!

Its unwatchable, but I gave it rating 1 only cuz that was lowest number on scale. Total crap, if it doesn't became fun in next episode Ill quit.

Such a shame...

I agree with this comment the series kind of episodic for a while now :/.
Jan 23, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2014
LelouchR said:
hopenheim said:
This is worst episode so far, and boring AS FUUUUUUUUUCK! I simply couldn't stand watching it, but at end I managed to force myself just for plot(wasn't worth it).

And what the faq man, that fight at beginning is joke!!!!

Its unwatchable, but I gave it rating 1 only cuz that was lowest number on scale. Total crap, if it doesn't became fun in next episode Ill quit.

Such a shame...

I agree with this comment the series kind of episodic for a while now :/.

Episodic? Wow this is new.
Jan 23, 2015 5:03 PM

Oct 2013
Tokyo Ghoul keeps adding more on it's plate each episode, which does make things interesting. I just hope that it remember's that it has to actually offer some answers and end on a conclusive note this time.
Jan 23, 2015 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
They made Naki even more of a drama queen than the manga. I was laughing so much the entire time. On a side note, I always imagined his hair to be white, not blond

Tsukiyama was amazing as usual. I think I've ended up looking forward to his parts the most(besides kanekis)
Jan 23, 2015 9:35 PM

Apr 2014
Earame said:
Best episode so far. Finally, something (other than walking, running, dying and sighing) is happening.

Animation is pretty nice. Ending fanart is gorgeous. Touka showed some balls (she was too emo lately), Hinami is cute as always, Nishiki is lovely and Tsukiyama... is Tsukiyama. Happy to see Naki, he's annoying bastard, but still - I missed him ;D

I love how Sen was done, although they made it too much obvious who she really is.

Ending Fan Art?, dude that's Ishida Sui for you.
So much hints that Kaneki's acting, too...
Jan 23, 2015 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
I like it when they focus on Kaneki part but when they went to the cafe scene,it feel boring to me. More Kaneki and Aogiri, less Anteiku please.
ZapredonJan 24, 2015 3:03 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 23, 2015 9:44 PM

Jan 2013
Kaneki is still acting mysterious. Good episode.
Jan 24, 2015 1:07 AM

Jan 2015
Fuchsia_ said:
Am i the only one who skips the opening every time?
Nope, it's really bad.
Jan 24, 2015 1:11 AM

Jan 2015
It's interesting that Kanetsuki Sen is apparently a member of the Aogiri. Nice episode overall.
Jan 24, 2015 1:17 AM
Aug 2012
Was this a build up episode for something or what? "Meh" episode.
Jan 24, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2014
I somehow feel that the one who sign hinami's book is the clown girl in from the aogiri ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2015 2:24 AM

Feb 2014
well, that naki is so funny lol

''kantai ! omae, ii yatsu da na! arigato na!''

you will see that ii kantai, naki. dont be hurry lol
EustassKiddo !
Jan 24, 2015 3:17 AM

Nov 2014
While not being the best episode, it is certainly very enjoyable. A lot of haters dislike
it for it's popularity and spill crap on every discussion post without justification.

It's simple, if you don't like it, stop watching it. No one wants to hear some half assed crap being posted everywhere when it is clearly a good anime. The numbers don't lie.
Jan 24, 2015 3:33 AM

Oct 2013
Not sure the episode properly elaborated on the purpose of the "missing person" posters for Kaneki, but I really like the direction this is going otherwise. Gourmet's sudden appearance was gold.

And damn, I really felt the feels for Naki, feels I did not feel in the manga, so props for that for sure. ;_; KANEKI IS A NICE GUY.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 24, 2015 8:44 AM

Nov 2013
This is moving very fast now. This season will definitely end where the manga of Tokyo Ghoul ended. However, whether it will have the same ending or an anime-original ending is something that's hard to predict, especially if they have no plans to adapt Re (which is what I'm hoping for since I dislike Studio Pierrot).
Jan 24, 2015 10:21 AM

May 2013
I'm falling in love with the ED! <3
Oh man, what a nice buildup episode. Wait, what if they're all buildup episodes that buildup to nothing? (O_O)

I liked how they kept some scenes from the manga.
That includes Hinami meeting Sen Takatsuki, Hide talking to Touka, and Suzuya getting his quinque, Juzo's Jason.
That also includes Hide investigating and Banjou and Tsukiyama looking for answers.

Lol, so weird to see Kaneki and Ayato working together to free Naki, but they are so badass.
Lol, Kaneki wrote down Yamori for Naki, when he in fact killed Jason. Or at least, ate him almost to death.

I like how it transitioned from Hide to Touka to Kaneki. Interesting how Kaneki was a star of a play before.
I expect a conversion coming up soon.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 24, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2013
Jan 24, 2015 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
Grouchio said:

No
Jan 24, 2015 1:02 PM

Feb 2011
Fuchsia_ said:
Am i the only one who skips the opening every time?
nope, me too, it sucks so bad..
Jan 24, 2015 7:17 PM

Feb 2013
Nice seeing more Touka... but... mostly boring setup.
Jan 24, 2015 8:04 PM

Jul 2010
Kaneki being edgy.
This season in a nutshell.

Overall enjoyable episode nonetheless, I'm pretty sure that Kaneki's habit is gonna be significant somewhere in the future.
Jan 24, 2015 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
Definitely better than the first 2 episode, I hope it keeps getting better from here. Suzuya’s weapon is so cool. I wonder what that annoying Yamori follower would do when he finds out that Kaneki is the one who defeated Yamori? Hide and Kaneki’s designs this time around are way better than season 1.
Jan 24, 2015 10:19 PM

Dec 2013
Lots of things happened in this episode, so...

Juuzou gets his new quinque, it really fits him.

Takatsuki Sen is introduced! Didn't imagined her hair color to be like that but she's still gorgeous...

Kaneki still has that kind nature of his, i see.

Kuro and Shiro are revealed to be one-eyed ghouls too!

That Tsukiyama!! He's so...Tsukiyama, i can't help but smile when i see him.

The best episode by far, tons of build up and content. This Root A just keeps surpassing itself, good work Ishida-Sensei.

5/5. I love that we get different ending arts each episode.

They're making it too obvious!
PriestSlayerJan 24, 2015 10:23 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 24, 2015 10:21 PM

Jun 2014
Something that seemed really interesting is when hide tells touka about how ken holds his chin when he is lying i predict that touka will meet whit ken again and she will ask her about why he joined aogiri tree and he will hold his chin and lie about it and the real reason would be because he is probably trying to take them down or figure something out idk just a prediction XD
Jan 24, 2015 10:46 PM

Jan 2014
Sen is Eto obviously..
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Jan 24, 2015 11:18 PM

Dec 2013
Slow episode, with the added melancholy mixed in to build things up for the coming ride.

Hide is brave as heck to be snooping around the Doves by himself. He's a true bro. Just hope he doesn't dig too deep before someone decides to off him.

They just made it way too obvious about Eto's identities. Her interest in Kaneki is spiking. Wonder if Hinami will be dragged along after that, I expect that Eto already knows that she ain't human.

Oh and I just can't get enough of Suzuya. He has Mado Sr.'s fearlessness, but with an added ten shades of crazy. I really can't wait to watch him butcher ghouls again.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

35 by _fumetsu »»
Yesterday, 9:40 AM

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

34 by AriKitaruKatoka »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.