Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 10, 2013 3:43 PM
Sep 2013
Vladz0r said:
By the idea that they're rushed, I think people wanted events to not feel retconned in other routes, and less potent in other routes, etc. Lucia's route conflict was much more internal, for instance, and had less to do with Gaia/Guardian.
Some routes completely toss out ideas about Gaia and Guardian and events turn out sharply differently more of because it's a different writer, rather than because of it being a different natural outcome through Kotarou's different choices. His character being sharply different also makes him seem inconsistent, but that also gives him some character variety, if you don't consider it to be a negative thing.

I can't give enough specific examples because I didn't notice everything, but with how intricate they made the story, and the lack of communication between the writers, (and even having multiple writers in the first place) make it feel inconsistent to some people. /a/ mentions a lot of stuff I said.

Character variety always exists in great VN because those VNs always have multiple scenario writers. Tomoya of Clannad have some big differences among some routes as well. Same person in different parallel worlds doesn't have to have same personality anyway, Science says. I do love the variety including the story. Romeo did it intentional. He just provide a frame to other writers and let go.
Dec 10, 2013 3:49 PM
Sep 2013
hyperknees91 said:

I don't think Rewrite is a rushed VN at all. The length of the VN is incredible and the conclusion makes me feel AIR final moment again. It is only because Moon and Terra route is somehow cryptic and many people confused about it even stronger than AIR.
I'm kind of reader who familiar with Key and similar cryptic style, so I didn't take long time to understand it. I'm so satisfied with the conclusion which makes me like Tennouji at the same level of Kyousuke.
Some people in Japan based LB, AIR or Clannad too, it doesn't matter to me.

P.S. For the diversity of the scenarios, I think it is one of the shining points of Rewrite. Each route shows different point of view about one thing - the key and conflict and then two major factions. Each story uncovers different things about the truth. It is just like solving the puzzle and you'll finally get a whole picture of it.

It's mostly the plot holes and the second half of Terra as well as the handling of Kagari's character. The writers admit she was a dummy heroine, but I feel like that's just an excuse to not write her well.

Like Vladzor said, there was a lack of communication between the writers and it really shows. I still love the game regardless but I do wish they had spent more time on it to make it all work together better.

Dec 10, 2013 10:59 PM

Oct 2013
I gotta ask this. Why are people talking about the Rewrite VN? Am I in the wrong thread? Oh wait I'm not.
Dec 10, 2013 11:06 PM
Nov 2013
Rin>Kurigaya=Haruka>Kud
Dec 14, 2013 7:31 AM
Oct 2013
Kurugaya, followed by Futaki :)
Dec 14, 2013 7:57 PM

Feb 2008
Rin is not in first.

This list is a lie.
Dec 14, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2012
Veronin said:
Rin is not in first.

This list is a lie.

She was done poorly in the anime, sadly. Kurugaya budget too stronk.
Dec 15, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:
Veronin said:
Rin is not in first.

This list is a lie.

I actually loved Rin even more in the anime :< My only concern is that she should have gotten much more screentime in the Refrain season. Can never have enough of her :D
Dec 16, 2013 1:55 AM

Sep 2013
Vladz0r said:
Veronin said:
Rin is not in first.

This list is a lie.

Kurugaya budget which shipped RikixRin in her own route! xD!!! :P
Dec 16, 2013 11:03 AM
Sep 2013
Vladz0r said:
Veronin said:
Rin is not in first.

This list is a lie.

Her route in VN is only a prequel of Refrain and she's characteristic is getting weak in her route. So actually anime enhanced her actually. xD
Dec 16, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2012
Veronin said:
Rin is not in first.

This list is a lie.

Saya not being first (or at least in the top three) is the biggest blasphemy in the universe.
Dec 16, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2013
julyan04 said:
Veronin said:
Rin is not in first.

This list is a lie.

Saya not being first (or at least in the top three) is the biggest blasphemy in the universe.

If this was a poll saying "Who is best girl in Little Busters! EX"

Between Kanata,Sasami and Saya. Saya would obviously take 1st place.

btw, many people havent even played Little Busters! EX. And Don't even know who Saya is. also the fact that it hasnt even been aired yet. only VN players would know Saya. Just saying :P
DeathyZADec 16, 2013 1:00 PM
Dec 16, 2013 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
DeathyZA said:
julyan04 said:
Veronin said:
Rin is not in first.

This list is a lie.

If this was a poll saying "Who is best girl in Little Busters! EX"

Between Kanata,Sasami and Saya. Saya would obviously take 1st place.

btw, many people havent even played Little Busters! EX. And Don't even know who Saya is. also the fact that it hasnt even been aired yet. only VN players would know Saya. Just saying :P

Also her route isn't even translated yet.
Dec 16, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
I have a feeling Saya will disappoint me because of how much people hype her up.
Dec 16, 2013 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
http://fuwanovel.org/novels/little-busters-ecstasy

sigh.. I want to do EX so bad, but its only 57% translated atm..

Just noticed Fuwanovels xmas theme.. its Kud and Rin! BEST! :D
Dec 17, 2013 1:46 AM

Dec 2013
hyperknees91 said:
I have a feeling Saya will disappoint me because of how much people hype her up.

I have the same feeling.
I just started VN and who can tell me how to let Rin beat Sasami...... Completely helpless......
Komari is the cutest apart from story imo. In terms of appearance and personality she is probably my favorite in all anime I watched. I know that her story is poorly written, and different people have different definition about "the best girl".
Inside my feelings
Inside my justice
邪魔しないで
居場所はどこ
Dec 17, 2013 2:06 AM

Sep 2011
hyperknees91 said:

There's a possibility that you may get annoyed from her when she began to talk to herself and making some weird voice such as "UNGA!".

ssdcgaddq said:

I just started VN and who can tell me how to let Rin beat Sasami...... Completely helpless......

Just take 3 or more playthroughs and Rin can beat Sasami.

Dec 17, 2013 2:18 AM

Sep 2012
I like how my entire impact on the EX routes rests in the hands of JC Staff...
Sub Editing is suffering~ *Kyousuke tears.png*

Tennouji_ said:

There's a possibility that you may get annoyed from her when she began to talk to herself and making some weird voice such as "UNGA!".

No, this sounds amazing!
Dec 17, 2013 2:24 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know hyperknees' tastes on female characters so I just assumed. And I never even found her annoying and she wouldn't be on my favorite Key heroines if I found her one.

Also, I never heard something negative about Saya so it's hard to think of some negative examples about her.

Dec 17, 2013 3:45 AM

Aug 2008
Nah it's near impossible for me to get annoyed with a female anime character. Unless we are talking about Kazusa from WA2, she can go to hell.

Sometimes I like females based on moe qualities I won't lie. But for the most part I prefer depth and character development to anything.
Dec 17, 2013 6:17 AM

Dec 2009
How come Haruchin only has 20 votes?

And only 9 votes on Mio? Oh, the horror.

Anyways, Haruchin > Mio > Sasasasawa Sasasami.
Dec 17, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2008
Because Haruka's route got the most butchering out of any route in the game. Though ironically it was still adapted better than the Tomoyo and Kyou arcs in Clannad from what I could tell.
Dec 17, 2013 4:28 PM

Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Because Haruka's route got the most butchering out of any route in the game. Though ironically it was still adapted better than the Tomoyo and Kyou arcs in Clannad from what I could tell.

Kurugaya's budget didn't make up for the story quality, to me.
Her farewell is absurdly melodramatic and has no buildup of emotions, but is something more quick and tragic, and reliant on the audience already liking her character, which isn't hard since she's the sexy one among the Little Derpers in the anime.

Still better than Kyou and Tomoyo's arcs as adaptations, probably, save for her route having a bit of JC Whiplash with characters. The buildup in the VN made her breakdowns better for me.

I also felt like comedy-wise, pretty much everyone became weaker in the anime.
Kurugaya and Haruka felt like they ruled the VN comedy for me. Haruka is just silly and throws in stuff like "Haru-chin Flash!" and stuff about mayonaise and marbles.

In terms of charm, Kud+Kurugaya+Haruka were pretty high up for me last season when I had just finished the VN, but I can't even tell anymore. My awesome memories of the common route hilarity sorta faded away, so I'd say that Komari is awfully charming in the anime right now.
Dec 17, 2013 5:04 PM

Nov 2011
I wonder how many people will vote for Saya after Little Busters EX debuts in anime form.
Dec 17, 2013 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
I'm not sure what you consider the best heroine route Vlad (for me it's Haruka) but yeah. Kurugaya's I just kind of took as them doing their own thing to help build for refrain if anything. If we take it as an adaption of her character route, then yeah it's meh. If we take it as something to just give the audience more clues then it's not so bad.

I can imagine the reaction of rewrite players if they give Lucia the treatment that Haruka got in this anime. Maybe it needed the romance to work, but it certainly needed her parent situation at home revealed to work.

You know what I find funny. Somehow people love Tomoyo and Kyou with a passion. Yet I swear they only gave us like...1/3 of their character or something. How in the hell did that even happen?
Dec 17, 2013 5:18 PM
Jun 2013
hyperknees91 said:

I can imagine the reaction of rewrite players if they give Lucia the treatment that Haruka got in this anime. Maybe it needed the romance to work, but it certainly needed her parent situation at home revealed to work.

Unlike Haruka's, Lucia's route with no romance is fucking nothing.
Dec 17, 2013 5:19 PM

Sep 2012
I have no clue why Tomoyo and Kyou are even that liked.
They're better in the VN, but even then I didn't find a lot special about them.
Baby's first tomboys~

Um, as for the best heroine route?
It's too hard for me to choose and what to base the merits on.
Some have shit pacing that I ignore or don't ignore. Some were overly dramatic for some people and not for others... etc.
If I re-read every one of them now, it would probably be a lot different in how I rate them, and I'd be desensitized to a lot of things and rate more on writing, pacing, and focused buildup than I was before.

I still think Haruka's was probably the best side heroine route in the VN.
Mio's is very magical and metaphorical, and Kud's is too but there's a lot of suffering that some people might put off as "lol lolibait 2deep4me KEY MAGIC 2/10"
Sadly, LB's stuff is really hit or miss, and I think it could've worked better if maybe the stories aimed for a heartwarming and realistic conclusion like Haruka's more often. Komari's conclusion was also pretty heartwarming for me, but I think the drama can be overly dramatic, especially with that voice acting...
Haruka's had so much buildup that the extreme parts of her route didn't feel melodramatic.
Kurugaya's is completely hit or miss as well, and reliant on whether you like her character, and how much of the dream world stuff you understand, because it's a lead-in to Rin and Refrain in the VN as well, imo.
Vladz0rDec 17, 2013 5:28 PM
Dec 17, 2013 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
I figured as much or they are just shippers who hate Nagisa for some reason (seems like a lot of people like to pin her of stuff for some reason).

Tomoyo is a poor mans Meiya. An extremely poor mans Meiya. Based on the anime at least.

Believe it or not though, I enjoyed every route in LB! quite a bit. Though I felt like Komari as a character was too simple and her "problem" was what made her, rather than her as a character.
hyperknees91Dec 17, 2013 5:36 PM
Dec 17, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
Tomoyo's "struggle" is one of the most melodramatic things I've ever seen.
I think I just don't get the whole "forbidden love" situation that they're in.
Even in the VN, I felt that I couldn't really relate to it at all. It was still interesting somehow, but maybe it's something that works better for the Japanese readers, or if you just really like Tomoyo.

I think I could relate to Tomoya feeling like he's holding her back, and maybe it was more of a big deal while I was reading it, but I don't think it was anything groundbreaking in the least.
Dec 17, 2013 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
It's melodramatic regardless. I think the main issue should have focused more on Tomoya realizing himself that he's a loser in comparison to Tomoyo and he feels personally that he is holding her back without all that melodrama. Basically it added unnecessary elements to what should have been more of a personal struggle.

I think what the story stands for is good, but it feels artificial with the student council being the cause of him being like that.
Dec 17, 2013 8:03 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
I wonder how many people will vote for Saya after Little Busters EX debuts in anime form.

Just check the LB:EX sub-board, particularly the poll, since this will be abandoned once this is finished airing.

As for your question, let's see... Since her route will get 4 fuckin' episodes, as long as her likable traits will retain, it will definitely beat most of the LB heroines, possibly even Kud too or Rin. Expect that she'll be deadly likable on, assuming, episode 3 and especially episode 4 of EX anime.

Dec 19, 2013 9:35 PM

Nov 2009
Tennouji_ said:
Stark700 said:

Just check the LB:EX sub-board, particularly the poll, since this will be abandoned once this is finished airing.

As for your question, let's see... Since her route will get 4 fuckin' episodes, as long as her likable traits will retain, it will definitely beat most of the LB heroines, possibly even Kud too or Rin. Expect that she'll be deadly likable on, assuming, episode 3 and especially episode 4 of EX anime.

+ How can you dislike a girl who knows how to use a gun -cough-
Yurippe fans from Angel Beats will probably flock Saya here. XD
Her story isn't that hard to adapt, and she has her own special track for her own special emotional scene. ...just hope that she can be portrayed the right way, like Tennouji said.
Dec 19, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
Rin and Refrain (at least I don't think) were that hard to adapt, but you still have JC Staff making erroneous mistakes in some of the simpler parts.
Just go in with no expectations for Saya's route.
Dec 19, 2013 10:25 PM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:
Rin and Refrain (at least I don't think) were that hard to adapt, but you still have JC Staff making erroneous mistakes in some of the simpler parts.
Just go in with no expectations for Saya's route.

I always go in with 0 expectations when it comes to J.C Staff adapting a show.

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Jul 6, 2014 8:22 AM

Feb 2014
Easily Kurugaya because it's a character I can very much relate to.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Sep 4, 2014 11:13 PM

Feb 2010
Honestly, we all know it's the guys who are the stars of this series.

Rikki X Kyousuke OTP.

Okay fine. Haruka.
Sep 6, 2014 7:16 PM

Jun 2014
The boys are the best, those route thou.

For the girl... Mio, I am weak against blue haired silencious girl qwq
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.