Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2013 5:20 PM
Apr 2011
I'm just waiting ferociously for next episode. Due to my favorite character showing her style. Obviously people who play the game and people who see spoilers already know who I'm talking about. Just Viva la Genocidala.
Jul 26, 2013 5:26 PM
Apr 2013
OK well from the case evidence i can gather certain things. First of all the Genocider only kills male, so either this genocider is crazy or that one girl that died is actually a guy. Second, the person obviously killed because they knew that there secret would get out anway. Know I would have to assume that the killer is a girl clearly and becasuse this person is said to have personallity disorder i would have to guess someone unstable. And also with the fact that the Togami lover is acting strange and knew of the case and was avidly in the library, I shall presume that she is the killer.
If she is i am sad because she is my favorite, ilove her craziness.
Jul 26, 2013 5:33 PM
Jan 2013
trannon1 said:
I'm just waiting ferociously for next episode.

Really... Is putting on a spoiler tag that difficult?
Jul 26, 2013 5:46 PM
Apr 2013
suynk said:
trannon1 said:

I don't see why this needs a spoiler...It doesn't give anything away except killer is female which is easily concluded.
Jul 26, 2013 5:51 PM
Jan 2013
ponygon123 said:
suynk said:
trannon1 said:

I don't see why this needs a spoiler...It doesn't give anything away except killer is female which is easily concluded.

Jul 26, 2013 5:55 PM
Apr 2013
suynk said:
ponygon123 said:
suynk said:
trannon1 said:

Because a guy can't enter the girls bathroom
Jul 26, 2013 5:57 PM

May 2012
I actually liked the ED of this episode. This ED video included Leon who died in episode 3 and Chihiro who died in this episode apart from Sayaka and Junko who both died in episode 2.

I was shocked seeing Chihiro's death. I want her (or his) killer to be exposed as well.
Badges: C.C.O / T.C.O / TFCC admin ID | Previously known as kazumi-san95
Jul 26, 2013 6:01 PM

Jul 2009

Lol this getting more interesting with each post XD

I still don't understand why people want to drag a long investigation to a 13 episode series, it's impossible to put too many hours in 20ish minutes.
Jul 26, 2013 6:03 PM
Jan 2013
ponygon123 said:
suynk said:
ponygon123 said:
suynk said:
trannon1 said:

Umm -_- First of all, there's a MAJOR difference in first-time viewers trying to figure out things from the evidence and someone who already knows the story going "Yep, this is what happens. obvious right?" Besides,
Jul 26, 2013 6:07 PM
Apr 2013
Oops think I missed something obvious ><
Jul 26, 2013 6:08 PM

Dec 2007
They cramed a lot of stuff in 1 episode, well its bound to happen given that the series has only 13 episodes. They at least put all the important stuff though.

Wow, there's a lot of pretentious people in this thread.. ^^;
Jul 26, 2013 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
I wasn't expecting to see Naegi in the shower, that really caught me off guard :/
Also, I'm starting to find Togami to be more of an interesting character because of this episode, it also seems like he knows who the culprit is already. Also, I didn't think that Touko would be the type of person to have feelings for somebody, but the faces she made were just hilarious.

I already have a theory on who the culprit judging by all the evidence and how everyone was acting, so I hope there's another one of those threads about the case like the one for episode 2.
Jul 26, 2013 6:12 PM
Apr 2013
suynk said:
ponygon123 said:
suynk said:
ponygon123 said:
suynk said:
trannon1 said:

I don't see why this needs a spoiler...It doesn't give anything away except killer is female which is easily concluded.[/quote

Umm -_- First of all, there's a MAJOR difference in first-time viewers trying to figure out things from the evidence and someone who already knows the story going "Yep, this is what happens. obvious right?" Besides,

I don't know the story. I am just drawing conclusions that were in this episode. I could be wrong and seeing other theories I already found I hole in mine possibly. If you didn't notice I am not the person that gave the "spoiler". I was just stating that I don't think he needed a spoiler tag.
Jul 26, 2013 6:17 PM
Jan 2013
ponygon123 said:
suynk said:
ponygon123 said:
suynk said:

I don't know the story. I am just drawing conclusions that were in this episode. I could be wrong and seeing other theories I already found I hole in mine possibly. If you didn't notice I am not the person that gave the "spoiler". I was just stating that I don't think he needed a spoiler tag.

Oh sorry about that. I confused you with the first guy. I still think people who already know the story should put all they know under the spoiler tag instead of getting it out so matter-of-factly.
suynkJul 26, 2013 6:22 PM
Jul 26, 2013 6:23 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:

GUYS
HIS SMILE

THAT IST HE ENTIRE ANIME BUDGET WENT INTO ANIMATING THAT SCENE AND I AM OKAY WITH THIS

yes yes yes xdd
Jul 26, 2013 6:25 PM

May 2010
terrible pacing
one dimensional characters
purple blood
stupid murder messages

= 2/5
Jul 26, 2013 6:29 PM

Oct 2011
Had a feeling she would die. Time to deduce the case
Jul 26, 2013 6:32 PM
Apr 2013
Oh New evidence I found. Bloody fever could relate to the guys taking the spa thing. I would doubt the student council guy would do it so it would be the other guy.
Jul 26, 2013 6:38 PM

Oct 2010
dat op
Jul 26, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
VoidNoodle said:
Raisken said:
desna said:
People are way better coming up with what happened in the murder than I was when I played the game. I guessed zero of the cases even close to right, but now that I know them all it seems so obvious what happened.

Although some people seem TOO right... kinda makes me think they already know and just act like they don't

I am the same, played the game and never got the culprit until the class trial, and their testimony not right or just something don't adding up like they knew something beforehand the class trial started and never was mentioned to anyone.
Case 1 with Leon, I deducted it was a dying message and to rotate it, I got 11037 which I made into LEO but didn't think of 11 to be N xD. But Leo was good enough already if you checked their names.

Like you I am in disbelief when they can name culprits WITHOUT class trial, which is near to impossible, until you knew about some things before. To add it up anime DON'T GIVE us all evidences and testimony's, so how the hell can they give already a name of the culprit with so little information.
If the same will be for Case 3, which is a mass twist of a case, I AM CERTAIN THEN that they knew it already and are trying to show off...

Same here, Case 1 was the only case where I am sure who the killer is. I never got who the killer is on Case 2 until the Class Trial itself(the evidences where pretty vague, they were explained more, and also more evidences were added I think, during the class trial.)

And yes, Case 3 is twisty as hell. But kinda obvious if you look at it closely. Case 4, on the other hand...

Shhh let's not talk about Case 4 please
Jul 26, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2012
dunno why people still whining about the pacing *facepalm*
somebody has already stated last episode,
that the anime's main purpose is obviously to promote the game,
if you want more detailed explanation and characterisation, just play the game (has it been translated already ?)
Jul 26, 2013 7:08 PM

Oct 2011
Fukawa said she wouldn't let Genocider Syo do as SHE pleases, so its a girl then? is it problem with the sub or its correct?
Signature
Jul 26, 2013 7:19 PM
Apr 2013
Eh rewatched it and i still think Fukawa is the killer from what i can draw. It is far from concrete but just makes the most sense at this moment.
Jul 26, 2013 7:21 PM
Jan 2013
xKirix said:
Fukawa said she wouldn't let Genocider Syo do as SHE pleases, so its a girl then? is it problem with the sub or its correct?

She didn't use any gender specific pronouns in the japanese audio.
Jul 26, 2013 7:38 PM

Dec 2012
Celestia is as cute as ever <3 :D:D

It's getting better, I might play the VN after watching the anime, seems like it would be fun.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 26, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
Peten00b said:
Celestia is as cute as ever <3 :D:D

It's getting better, I might play the VN after watching the anime, seems like it would be fun.
its way more fun to do it the other way around, VN then the anime

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 26, 2013 8:00 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, I am surprised so many fan girls like Togami.
Jul 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Dec 2012
NO NOT FUJISAKI ;_; Fujisaki was my favourite- even if he was a trap.. I wonder who killed Fujisaki :'c
And Togami is a little shit.
Jul 26, 2013 8:09 PM

Oct 2011
suynk said:
xKirix said:

She didn't use any gender specific pronouns in the japanese audio.

I see, then as I suspected. The sub group might play the game before.
Also, Fukawa is the most suspicious, but I don't know how she managed to lift that dumbbell, so... maybe not her.
AkagatariJul 26, 2013 8:33 PM
Signature
Jul 26, 2013 8:19 PM

Feb 2013
characters that are "female" have male VAs.
so from the beginning I assumed that this character is a transvestite
that voice bothered me too much not to think that
Jul 26, 2013 8:27 PM

May 2011
Wow, ever since I started playing the game I notice even more how rushed this is. They left out a lot information for the viewer, like how Ishumaru and Oowada fought, how creepy Fukawa is, and why Fujisaki was trying to work out. I don't know if everyone can tell Ishimaru and Oowada were having their challenge in a sauna, and Oowada offered to keep his clothes on to show how manly he is.

This adaptation is fine, but I'm glad I'm playing the game first. They throw out all the evidence you're supposed to search for so fast.
Jul 26, 2013 9:09 PM

Feb 2012
Mkay, first of all, where did you guys get geocider syo = biker gang member? They're like hell`s angels here, tough, gets into trouble, and makes old people nervous. Genocider Syo sounds more like a yakuza or serial killer IO to me.

Yakuza is out cause they're students, so that tells me one of them
A: really DID NOT want their past coming out.
B: Is a killer pre-anime

My suspects...

sisgoodJul 26, 2013 9:28 PM
Jul 26, 2013 9:16 PM

Jun 2008
LEGOF said:
Wow, ever since I started playing the game I notice even more how rushed this is. They left out a lot information for the viewer, like how Ishumaru and Oowada fought, how creepy Fukawa is, and why Fujisaki was trying to work out. I don't know if everyone can tell Ishimaru and Oowada were having their challenge in a sauna, and Oowada offered to keep his clothes on to show how manly he is.

The producers specifically said that "you might want to play the game first".
And like I said previously, the anime has a more subtle approach on how things are shown and tell, the anime doesn't have the time to spell it out loud. They don't need Mondo to speak out, they just need to show him visually.

By now, the ones who already played the game should think carefully before posting anything from their experience playing the game. If it doesn't exist in the anime, let it be. What happens in the game stays in the game.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 26, 2013 9:21 PM

Apr 2013
I love it how some people around here couldnt figure it out themselves and post out of envy that "they are cheating" .
"I think the kind of you are annoying and should be banned" - deshou?
A deja vu with the sentence above?
Yeah , me too . It's the stereotypically thinking of a .... not so uhm mentally evolved creature.

Like I said , "youtube search" . Good idea , Imma go do that 'cuz I really didnt thought of searching anything , thanks for the idea.
Go ape , mon ami join your monkey friends if "I think the kind of you are .... and should be banned" is your way of thinking .
Glad I havent spoiled anything....shit would go serious.
FluffyFleshJul 26, 2013 9:25 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 26, 2013 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
yeokso said:
From what I've seen, it was pretty good, logically as well. It makes sense considering the anime will not have the luxury to ever show Naegi ultilizing "Free Time".

The time they could have spent animating Free Time was spent on animating naked Naegi.
Jul 26, 2013 9:45 PM

Feb 2012
VanishingKira said:
I suspect

So...you read in my above spoiler tags, huh? I used them for a reason, you know.
Jul 26, 2013 9:52 PM
Jul 2012
so i still think that chihiro is a guy, meaning that it was one of the girls that killed him, so i'm going to say fukawa

Edit: ok, after rewatching parts of the episode, i'm sure the rooms were switched, so my theory on fukawa is bust, so now i think it's Togami, probably not though, it's just he knew about the murder case thing(xenocide?)
tbh, i have no idea this time
DetrimontJul 26, 2013 10:09 PM
Jul 26, 2013 10:24 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode. The events that followed in this trial were presented in a much more organized manner. Naked Naegi was odd and ludicrously unnecessary though!
Jul 26, 2013 10:26 PM

Sep 2011
Coldness said:
Naked Naegi was odd and ludicrously unnecessary though!
maybe its there to negate showing kirigiri's ass in the game

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 26, 2013 10:35 PM

May 2013
leeo268 said:
Wow, I am surprised so many fan girls like Togami.

And you were never annoyed by Asahina, of course. Those who hate Togami are most likely male, blinded by the beauty of Asahina.
Jul 26, 2013 10:55 PM

Jul 2013
Leapling said:
Those who hate Togami are most likely male, blinded by the beauty of Asahina.

Hey, Asahina's my favorite character and I'm not physically attracted to her in the slightest! I didn't like Togami at first because he was being a prick to everyone. Yeah, he definitely made the story more interesting but I still didn't like him. Arrogant, entitled, elitist, etc people are not people I admire or people that are going to inspire or impact me. Of course, Togami has his good qualities (logical and wise come to mind) and Asahina has her bad qualities. Characters all have their quirks and picking favorites is a subjective thing - everyone has their own reasons for liking someone. So please don't generalize why people like/hate a certain character; it's a pretty shallow thing to do.
ChanaynayJul 26, 2013 11:06 PM
Jul 26, 2013 10:57 PM

Sep 2011
Leapling said:

And you were never annoyed by Asahina, of course. Those who hate Togami are most likely male, blinded by the beauty of Asahina.
They are jsut acting tsun tsun man or woman they all want togami

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 26, 2013 11:26 PM

Sep 2012
Well the end of this episode was interesting. Thought it was cool how they kinda lulled us to sleep with SoL moments in the first half, then we get a murder in the second half. The suspects for this seem pretty obvious (I haven't played the game), so it's gonna be interesting to see if there's a surprise or not wrt who the murderer is next episode or if it's gonna be an obvious choice.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jul 26, 2013 11:39 PM

May 2012
^I'm female and don't like Togami. Stop trying to generalise people.
Jul 26, 2013 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
Naked Naegi at the beginning was quite odd. The OP was absolutely hilarious. Monobear singing it and a combo at the bottom appearing reminded me of Taiko. xD Ishida and Mondo battled it out in the sauna and suddenly became best friends LOL! xD This time Chihiro died. The Genocider Syo concept is pretty creepy. Fukawa totally loves Togami but man she's pretty weird. I wonder who's the murderer this time. Maybe it is Togami? Overall great episode. Also, I stall can't get enough of the ED <3
Jul 26, 2013 11:59 PM

Jun 2012
My favorite character died. DONE.
Jul 27, 2013 12:01 AM

May 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Leapling said:

They are jsut acting tsun tsun man or woman they all want togami

Exactly. Very manly of you to admit that.

MEanimaniac1 said:
My favorite character died. DONE.

I know that feeling.
Jul 27, 2013 12:31 AM

Feb 2010
I both hate an love Togami. I'd probably have to give an essay to explain my way of thinking, but I've decided I'll just leave it at that.
It's a complicated love and hate relationship, except I'd probably have to say I love him a little bit more.

People who hate Togami are probably butt hurt that he probably spent hours in the library reading a perfect way to kill Chihiro who is
probably their favorite character. The things is...I really do think that having Togami be the actual culprit would be highly unlikely. Too obvious. He's not a dumb character who would act in a way that would get himself killed, he's at least smarter than that.
Jul 27, 2013 12:40 AM

Mar 2012
Chanaynay said:
Leapling said:
Those who hate Togami are most likely male, blinded by the beauty of Asahina.

Hey, Asahina's my favorite character and I'm not physically attracted to her in the slightest! I didn't like Togami at first because he was being a prick to everyone. Yeah, he definitely made the story more interesting but I still didn't like him. Arrogant, entitled, elitist, etc people are not people I admire or people that are going to inspire or impact me. Of course, Togami has his good qualities (logical and wise come to mind) and Asahina has her bad qualities. Characters all have their quirks and picking favorites is a subjective thing - everyone has their own reasons for liking someone. So please don't generalize why people like/hate a certain character; it's a pretty shallow thing to do.

Respond with game spoiler
leeo268Jul 27, 2013 12:51 AM
Jul 27, 2013 12:51 AM

Nov 2012
sisgood said:
VanishingKira said:
I suspect

So...you read in my above spoiler tags, huh? I used them for a reason, you know.

Spoilers,I just guessed based on the obvious signs that were shown in the episode.You'd have to be blind not to figure it out on your own.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.