Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 22, 2017 12:05 PM

Aug 2016
Inoffensive enough looking show. Shirou seems like a hero that a kid would write without thinking too hard, though. I'm interested in generally everything else.
Nov 28, 2017 11:03 AM

Sep 2013
Decent first episode. During the opening scenes, I thought the whole thing was going to be set in a fantasy setting. At some point, someone turned on a tv and I was like, huh?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 28, 2017 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
Actually I can't believe that people keeps ranting about Ufotable's version being a lot better if it comes to visuals and music. Music in ufotable version sucks as hell, like Hollywood blockbuster. Art is atrocious, undetailed and ugly. Animation? Just flashy fight scenes with ugly 3DCG models and ridiculous camera movement.
I'm far from defending Deen, it's one of my least favorite studios, but in this case they have done grat job. Far better than UFO.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 21, 2018 6:14 PM

Mar 2012
i started with this, watched and finished the whole UBW series yesterday night and now i'm back to start this over because people told me the ending is different.
for one thing i think this first episode is a lot slower than lbw's, but it's only the first anyway.
Sep 13, 2018 12:20 PM
Nov 2015
finally we started watching this first episode. looks amazing. Rin is very cute
Sep 22, 2018 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
Urgh, Saruka...

Its a good start I guess... its nice seeing the characters animated though its a bit too fast like they expect you to have read the VN.

I'm sure it'll get better.

I hope...
Jan 1, 2019 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
Well, good start so far. I like the animation in this one. For its time is pretty nice.

yup.
Feb 15, 2019 4:25 PM

Aug 2018
We’re off to a slow start but it’s got some potential. To the next episode we go.
Mar 9, 2019 10:12 PM
Mar 2019
Es genialmente buena y la recomiendo
Jun 5, 2019 7:15 AM

Dec 2018
When someone sits on the corner near the window, it's an important character.

Poor Emiya. Hope he doesn't become an idiot after that hit.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 30, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
started watching it after the 2014 version..hoping for a different ending
Apr 24, 2020 5:18 PM

Mar 2019
I've heard a lot about the Fate Series, hopefully this is good.
Even if it is Deen's Adaptation
Dec 12, 2020 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
As other comments have stated, it's a slow start. I'm hoping that it picks up and gets interesting as the story progresses.
May 13, 2021 2:03 PM
Oct 2019
it was ok. 6/10 start. has potential, but could also totally flop

typical altruistic, wanna-be hero MC. dude has magic skills but not very useful ones in terms of combat, apparently. wonder if his "dad" knew this kid had magic when he found him. or, maybe that's how the kid was the only one to survive 10 years ago...because the kid unknowingly used his magic to save himself? idk...

we've met 2 other magi user people things. so there are 4 more to go, assuming this space heater repairman kid is the 7th
Aug 24, 2021 1:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, I knew this wasn't going flashy or impressive looking for that matter, but it's got a okay retro vibe so I'll take it for now.

No mention of Saber this episode, I'm looking forward to that iconic scene of her entrance soon. Also, the whole master-servant idea hasn't been established yet but I'm interested for sure.

Giving me a bit of Mirai Nikki vibes.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 22, 2021 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
So it has turned into a school anime now. After the majestic first part we have kids now. But seriously what's with the lame art? This would have been way better with art style like the first part. It's Studio Deen after all. I shouldn't expect too much.
Niveen_SleemOct 25, 2021 6:07 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 23, 2021 12:25 AM

Jan 2017
Niveen_Sleem said:
So it has turned into a school anime now. After the majestic first part we have kids now.

This Anime is the first part (Zero is more the 4th/5th Part actually) , and Fate always has been an Anime with school & kids , nothing new.

But seriously what's with the lame art? And why does Gilgamesh look like this? He's so lame. This would have been way better with art style like the first part. It's Studio Deen after all. I shouldn't expect too much.

The Art is perfectly normal. (Takeushi's old style + 2006 Anime. Not really something about Deen.)
With time , Takeushi's style changed , and Ufotable did their best to match it , and even tried to polish it. (If you have watched Kara no Kyoukai , you can clearly see the difference in design/style between 1-8 and Mirai Fukuin-Extra Chorus : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En3yN2sW4AMjPuS.jpg)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 24, 2021 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
Niveen_Sleem said:
So it has turned into a school anime now. After the majestic first part we have kids now. But seriously what's with the lame art? And why does Gilgamesh look like this? He's so lame. This would have been way better with art style like the first part. It's Studio Deen after all. I shouldn't expect too much.

I see zero research was done before starting this.

You didnt even read the anime's page did you?
Oct 25, 2021 5:09 AM

Jun 2015
@Alexioos95 you can go to hell and @ssjokg you can go to hell I don't care. I'm watching in the story order not the date of release. I didn't pay attention to the dates. That thing with Studio Deen is something personal. It's none of your business.
Niveen_SleemOct 25, 2021 5:15 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 25, 2021 5:16 AM

Jan 2017
Niveen_Sleem said:
@Alexioos95 you can go to hell.

Dunno why you are so worked up , i didn't said anything offensive...

I'm watching in the story order not the date of release.

The story order is still not Zero first... it's last.
If you mean chronologically , you also watched Naruto from the flashbacks of Minato in Shippuden , then got back at Naruto Episode 1 too , right ? (I won't even talk about Ashura & all)
But i guess you didn't...

That thing with Studio Deen is something personal. It's none of your business.

Then why do you post in a public forum on internet... ?

I'd say it's you who needs to go for a walk in hell.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Oct 25, 2021 5:18 AM

Aug 2009
Niveen_Sleem said:
@Alexioos95 you can go to hell and @ssjokg you can go to hell I don't care. I'm watching in the story order not the date of release. I didn't pay attention to the dates. That thing with Studio Deen is something personal. It's none of your business.

Really aggressive for no reason.

You realize that some stories must be watched be order of release right? Even the creators say it. Nice example from @Alexioos95. Or with Bleach did you start with the Past arc?

I have no idea what you mean about Deen. I didnt even talk about it.
Oct 26, 2021 5:18 AM

Jun 2015
@Alexioos95 @ssjokg I would go with the classic "no one asked for your opinion" but then again this is a public forum. I will stick with go to hell.

WHICH PART OF I DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE DATES CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND! FATE/ZERO IS LISTED THE FIRST WITH NO PREQUELS ON MAL DATABASE!

I don't need babies to tell me, me a person who has a degree in literature and is a seasoned anime watcher, how to watch my anime!
scram!
Oct 26, 2021 5:51 AM

Jan 2017
Niveen_Sleem said:
@Alexioos95 [...] I would go with the classic "no one asked for your opinion" but then again this is a public forum. I will stick with go to hell. [...] scram!

We are calmly pointing your errors so you can understand them , but you keep being aggressive and offensive for no reason.
So I'll just say that you got a seriously loosen up screw and stop to reply there.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Oct 26, 2021 8:31 AM

Jun 2015
Alexioos95 said:
Niveen_Sleem said:
@Alexioos95 [...] I would go with the classic "no one asked for your opinion" but then again this is a public forum. I will stick with go to hell. [...] scram!

We are calmly pointing your errors so you can understand them , but you keep being aggressive and offensive for no reason.
So I'll just say that you got a seriously loosen up screw and stop to reply there.

I don't care

p.s that was not calmly otherwise you wouldn't have had all hell broken loose in your faces.
Niveen_SleemOct 26, 2021 8:51 AM
Dec 18, 2021 2:52 AM

Jan 2021
decided to start in fate stay night and ngl im actually confused on whats happening right now.

watching the first episode i dont really see anything special about fate franchise and why its so popular.. well this is just the first episode im sure this will get better (hopefully)
Jun 4, 2022 12:54 PM
Nov 2020
whatever i'll just watchthis series by release date
Jun 12, 2022 1:42 AM
May 2021
Ngl I actually I enjoyed this episode my biggest mistake was to start the series with zero I watched 4 ep then I dropped it.Doesn't matter if the adaptation are not good release order is better than chronological order.
Sep 15, 2022 1:43 PM
Apr 2022
didnt rly understend whats going on but it was just the first ep and its contained enough information to be interested in the story
May 22, 2023 1:19 PM

Dec 2007
bit of slow start. but i think they aimed well to develop the characters, specially emiya. 

seems the action gonna start next episode

the art feeling bit dated, so i feel the critics about this series art.
but it's not that distracting though
May 28, 2023 12:26 PM
Oct 2018
Music, graphics, art direction, characters, mood, atmosphere. Amazing!!!
Jul 28, 2023 6:51 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly, after hearing how shit of an adaptation this is, I'm not seeing it rn. It's established Shirou's character pretty well early on.

The animation is really the only thing to complain about, I guess, but it's pretty much fine. It looks more like the VN than Ufotable does and captures the atmosphere of being a 2000s eroge pretty much perfectly, though, idk if that's particularly a good thing.
Aug 4, 2023 9:37 PM
Jul 2023
Wow! People hate on this show so much that i started to believe it. But this looks like a great show.
- Oh, so saber and archer of the 4th war fought after? Or is it just to look cool
- The use of moonlight as well as the camera angles are such a vibe
- "Hero of justice" is kinda cringe but hey its anime everything is cringe
- OMG KEREI YESSS
- Aw Kuritsugu is dead? :(
- Oh, Rin gets archer like her father before her, sick
- Ooo, Shirou's ability to see how an object was constructed and works is cool
- Ah, Fuyuki is making up excuses to keep people away from the war this time, i like it
- Irisviels daughter! I believe her name was Illya? Sad to see her get dragged into something she doesn't deserve to be, especially since she could turn into a cup XD
- Is Gilgamesh still running around if Kirei is still alive?
- Tf? A skeleton? Is it a servant?
- I wonder if sakura will be a master in this war
- Shirou keeps dreaming of excalibur, I wonder if Kuritsugu planned for this
- The building hopping with Rin and Archer gave me happy vibes
ApreggiAug 4, 2023 10:11 PM
Aug 7, 2023 3:15 PM

Dec 2022
I've decided to watch this series despite my concerns on where to watch first lmao and i chose this one first.

Aug 21, 2023 1:47 AM
Apr 2023
Good pilot I enjoyed it
Sep 12, 2023 11:51 PM
Jan 2023
It was kind of weird but it probably set up the rest of the series well
Dec 9, 2023 12:52 PM
Dec 2022
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
Feb 12, 1:47 PM

Dec 2022
I'm pretty late to the party but now I've started the Fate series.

The graphics are incredible, especially for 2006. Can't even compare it to Glass no Kamen from 2005 which I recently completed.

Emiya is pretty likable so far, Saber is cool. As an Umineko fan, Emiya's name is pretty funny to me.

The start was good, and I hope the series will draw me in.
May 1, 6:08 PM
Feb 2022
Lets try the Fate franchise. People say Fate Stay night 2006 is bad, and i know someone can't have an opinion after just one episode, but the first episode was good. I hope people was just exagerating, and this first part is going to be good.

Spanish translation:
Probemos la franquicia Fate. La gente dice que Fate Stay night 2006 es mala, y se que uno no puede tener una opinión después de solo un episodio, pero el episodio uno fue bueno. Espero que la gente solo estuviera exagerando, y la primera parte va a ser buena.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.