Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 19, 2014 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
I need all the questions answered. A lot of questions were answered but now I want to see all of them answered. Really good episode.
Aug 12, 2014 4:50 PM

Aug 2013
An alright episode, though the mystery is still unsolved, more questions need answered.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Aug 18, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
These last two episodes have thankfully returned the show to form. I was really nervous after episodes 2 and 3 pretty much wasted their run-times, but thankfully episodes 4 and 5 picked back up. Hopefully it stays this way for the rest of the season.
Sep 3, 2014 6:14 PM

Sep 2013
jobocan said:
windy said:
and wtf was up with the nurse? in on it with the van people i guess?

Don't forget that Satoko was hated by almost everyone in Hinamizawa and probably some other people out of the village, so maybe the nurse was just someone who hated her.
Why did Satoko have to die(again)? I wanted to understand Rena's "message" too :(

I have to say from my perspective, what you said doesn't add up to an extent about how the houjou family were disliked among the town probably even despisedenough to be killed,the initial reaction of the nurse was right after ooishi said that Satoko had blinked, judging by the expression of fear this led me to believe that she is either part of the organisation that had planned the attack or was some kind of undercover double agent in a sense and was under pressure knowing that if Satoko remembered what had happened with rika and talks about the situation about being followed with ooishi their operation would have failed/leaked, I mean that she would relay information on to her contacts with her life being at stake? I also got the impression of some sympathy which then supports my second theory as she seemed hesitant going through with everything.
Sep 22, 2014 3:15 AM
Dec 2011
oh...my....god...believe it or not i was just like oiishi san at the end of the episode i hit my computer chair so hard with my hand i felt like i was almost there to grasp the truth of whats going on in hinamizawa! damn it ! and these men in the van is insane and brutal beyond imagination i mean to kill a kid like that these people aren't human they hunted satoko down like an animal with there night vision goggles that moment was so chilling i was thinking "where can a kid run" it was horrifying :3

who are they? what exactly going on? i know its about the parasites and covering it up , make it seem like a act of god by punishing people who sinned or go against the village but i wont to know exact people who are involved and how they pull these stunts ! i have an idea now but want proof that i am right ! we will see! next episode look epic cant wait :3
Oct 22, 2014 7:27 PM

May 2014
So mad >_>
stupid unknown organization.
Oct 28, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
Damnit, I felt as screaming with Ooishi. ''This is bullshit!''
I'm starting to think that Ooichi is somehow representing the viewer :P

Fuck, man. So close, yet so far away. In the end, even if she had survived and told Ooishi, it wouldn't have solved anything. Rika would still be thrown into another universe.

Here is was I got and my theory so far : a group from the Hinamizawa village, we''ll call it the group X are the cause of the bizarre incident (and they we're damn well equiped...). On the other end, there is a another group, the group Y, that try to escape that fate. In that group, we can count our youth (Rika, Rena, Keichi, maybe Mion) and other people like the doctor, Miyo, etc. So far, I don't think that Satoko has ever been part of that group, she always seem to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. In the group X, I still can't figure whose part of it. I think we're missing too much information on that part, but I'm pretty sure that all the 20 people who are missing are part of the group X.

Anyway, the way the group X seem to opperate is by poisonning people. The people in the town look like they all died like Keichi did in the first arc and like the photograph always dies (they probably also killed Satoko the same way). On the other end, Rika and Rena got stabbed to death. For Rena, I can understand the method, since she escaped what could be a poison or whatever it is. But for Rika, it's really odd the way she die. Each time, her body his dropped at the altar and killed there. Why is that? Are they trying to make a message?

Fuck, I thought that episode would bring some answer, but it rose more questions.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 3, 2014 11:07 PM

Nov 2013
WHOA! The intensity of this episode was palpable!

Seeing Ooishi flip out at the end really got me on the edge of my seat! "DON'T FUCK WITH ME!"

I wonder why those "van people" murdered Rika and Rena...

Was not expecting Satoko to die that way? That nurse had me VERY suspicious, I felt like she had some part in this.

Seeing all those corpses after the great disaster was horrifying!

Now when I think about it, why were all the kids in the school in the middle of the night anyways? Looks like we're gonna be having an answer arc! That makes me pretty damn happy!

I don't understand Rena's message. Hope this all gets explained soon.

Awesome episode!

5/5
FunnyRatmanNov 3, 2014 11:17 PM

Feb 2, 2015 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
Tbh this arc is somewhat boring, between the whiny kid and all.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 23, 2015 8:03 PM
Nov 2014
Wow, that ending confused me alot. The mindfuck is real.

Overall it wasn't the best of arcs but I still liked it.

On to the next arc.
Apr 17, 2015 10:36 AM

Nov 2010
Conspiracies! Illuminati! Raptors! Government control over aaaaaall...
May 2, 2015 12:57 AM

Jul 2008
So we have mystery van people killing everyone for no reason and then the nurse killing Satoko? Once again we get more questions than answers.
May 18, 2015 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
FateSyka said:
"Come on Ooishi, go go GOOOO."
Haha. Really good episode though. I'm extremely excited about the next arc.

Same goes for me. "Ruuun b*tch, ruuuuun!" Poor dude keeps getting dead-end leads.

minouneetzoe said:
Damnit, I felt as screaming with Ooishi. ''This is bullshit!''
I'm starting to think that Ooichi is somehow representing the viewer :P

That's actually not a bad point there. I like that idea. Maybe I'll re watch it in his perspective.

suicune141 said:
windy said:
and wtf was up with the nurse? in on it with the van people i guess?

That's what I was thinking. She creeped me out right at the start when she looked scare that Satoko was becoming responsive. I had a bad feeling about her. But yeah, I'm guessing she's definitely apart of the same "league" as those guys, stationed there to kill any survivors possibly? Who knows. But all I know is that Satoko did NOT die naturally from heart failure. >.> That nurse induced it with something in her IV, I just know it. Dx[...]As with everyone else, I'm still wondering about the people in school - Keiichi, Mion and Shion... why did they die there if the gas leak was at night? It *looked* like they died of gas poisoning, but perhaps something else tragic happened beforehand... If only Satoko regained consciousness from her fall sooner.

P.S. I don't really want to say for sure that the way we saw Rika die in this arc is for sure. I don't wanna glean anything from that other than, it's almost a given she *actually* dies from disembowelment. However, is it the van guys every time? With Higurashi, I feel like I need to wait a while before drawing conclusions.

I can believe the nurse theory. She had a really smug look on her face after answering the nurse button call. She may have even turned it off deliberately so she could delay the response time. And yes, she might have poisoned her IV.

But yes, who are those men in the white vans? What is their purpose there? Are they linked to the alien/demon theory in any way? Find out on the next episode of...Higurashi!!
May 22, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
I love how Higurashi can continue to create and answer questions in later arc without getting to boring. Hopefully the van dudes are explained at some point.
May 27, 2015 10:24 AM

Feb 2013
I felt really bad for Satoko, such a messed up episode for her :/. The scene where they showed everyone dead on the school floor was also really disturbing.

Then there was Ooishi, once again getting there just a second too late. I swear hes probably the key to stopping it, the one time he gets there on time will be when everything changes. Rika should just tell him everything, maybe even *predict* some of the deaths before they happen so he'll believe her.

But yeah, this was a great episode and chapter overall. I'm also not minding the slower pace of this season so far, it adds to the suspense.
Jun 23, 2015 2:08 AM

Feb 2015
Satoko cannot catch a break.
Jun 25, 2015 7:04 PM

Oct 2014
I think Rena's message was that the gas leak that killed everyone was by those van people and not volcanic sulphur and possibly a reason to why Rika was killed. Poor Satoko 😭
Jun 26, 2015 7:31 AM
Mar 2014
Man, it was pretty stupid of Satoko to go running off after strangers who could kill her. She should've just stayed hidden and not done something that stupid. =_=;

And Ooishi's a bro, putting forth the challenging questions in order to save the day. It's unfortunate he couldn't save Satoko in time.
Jul 6, 2015 1:06 PM
N/A

Jan 2014
That was intense. Sadly Ooishi was one step behind there.

I've seen those grey suits and that van so many times now lol. That nurse was in on it too.

Can't wait to see how this unfolds. Next arc hype.
Aug 11, 2015 12:13 AM

Dec 2014
Really depressing arc. I was rooting for Satoko so hard but it was all for not. It'd be so great if this show ends with a happy ending and Rika finds a way to stop everything from going wrong. That's my dream at least :P
Oct 17, 2015 2:40 PM

Oct 2014
Wait, if the disaster happened at midnight then why were all the kids at school?
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Nov 25, 2015 12:53 PM

Nov 2011
Imma take a guess here and say they use Rika's organs as part of the "Disaster" thing. Also poor Satoko always becoming the victim. I kinda want her to become a psychopathic killer for once.
Jun 14, 2016 10:45 PM
Mar 2016
I just noticed that Satoko's room number consisted of 3 and 4, while Takano's journal is now known as File #34. I wonder of the number 34 has to do with revealing the truth or something, as Satoko got a "vision" about Rena's "message" in that room
Jul 6, 2016 8:23 PM

Sep 2013

ayy lmao i dun jewed m'self
Jan 13, 2017 12:14 AM

Sep 2016
fuck those white van simps and that nurse better not have been apart of that heart failure
Facta Non Verba
Jun 13, 2019 5:36 PM
Feb 2014
My guess is that, by Rena's message, Satoko certainly knew the "van people" were going to go after her, just as they were going after Rena to kill her, that's why she wanted to call the nurse asap, probably to inform Ooishi and also to ask for help, because she knew was in danger. Little did she know, the "van people" had agents among the hospital staff members too (like this nurse). Satoko might have also presumed that the "van people" had something to do with the disaster too, but we didn't get any hints for that.
Nov 6, 2019 1:59 PM

Aug 2017
so falling from the bridge is the only way to survive the gaz... interesting, I wonder if it's just because that will make you lower than the gaz can reach or if there is another reason...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2020 1:29 AM

Nov 2013
Damn this is getting intense!
Oishi was so close, if only Satoko hadn’t pushed the button.
In hindsight, she had no way of knowing the murderers were within the hospital as well.

Really liked this arc, Satoko was really close to uncovering the mystery of it all, this is the closest anyone’s gotten in any arc so far. Sucks that the arc ends, but let’s see if Satoko will retain her memories like Keichi did.

Satoko is definitely my favourite character! She went so far to help her friend, and she has one of the saddest backstories from S1.
Apr 1, 2020 12:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
So close yet so far, Oishi-san. Damn it! Hopefully, we'll get to the reality of this in an upcoming arc. Here's my guess: Rena survived the previous (Arc 6 and S2 E1) as a result of what we saw earlier and fell down the river surviving the "attack".

Lots of questions again but we've finally gotten proof that it's not a natural disaster (not that I suspected that either tbh). I wonder how falling down the cliff is an essential piece for this though but, boy, am I excited to see all this come out into the open!

New arc next and sounds like it's going to be especially gruesome, huh...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 24, 2020 2:46 AM

Feb 2018
No blood episode is not Higurashi... Rika was die.
May 6, 2020 3:31 PM
Apr 2019
I loved this arc, showing Satkos perspective on Rena's downward spiral really fills in the puzzle pieces. Plus, we finally got a taste of what Keichi saw when Satako pushed him off that bridge on the night of the incident; Hoping that soon, we'll final find out the true motive behind Rika's killers and the ultimate fate of Rena.
May 23, 2020 9:46 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Melcookie96 said:
Imma take a guess here and say they use Rika's organs as part of the "Disaster" thing.

I agree, though I personally think it has something to do with the fact that Rika is the host of Oyashiro-sama.

Rena, next time you go running through the woods at night, don't forget your cleaver.

I have a feeling that the goals of Ooishi mostly align with the goals of our protagonists, but I still can't stand the guy. Shaking a comatose girl is the exact sort of thing that ends up with people being completely uncooperative with the police. He needs to be fired stat.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 27, 2020 12:11 PM

May 2018
rip everyone

Ooishi is always too late xD
May 27, 2020 5:30 PM
Oct 2019
Byniavo said:
rip everyone

What is your signature gif from?
May 27, 2020 5:31 PM
Oct 2019
Thank god this episode didn't have any of that childish junk in it.

Good episode all around. But I still have no clue what's going on. *derp*
May 28, 2020 1:54 AM

May 2018
HagePotPotato said:
Byniavo said:
rip everyone

What is your signature gif from?

it is an Altera steam gif
May 28, 2020 1:56 AM

May 2018
ylight67 said:
My guess is that, by Rena's message, Satoko certainly knew the "van people" were going to go after her, just as they were going after Rena to kill her, that's why she wanted to call the nurse asap, probably to inform Ooishi and also to ask for help, because she knew was in danger. Little did she know, the "van people" had agents among the hospital staff members too (like this nurse). Satoko might have also presumed that the "van people" had something to do with the disaster too, but we didn't get any hints for that.

The van people are after Satoko. The nurse is just another person who hates the houjo family I think.
Jun 27, 2020 7:32 AM

Apr 2020
Oh shit. Satoko is dead. Fuck those nurse. Dang Ooishi is late. Sigh
Jul 14, 2020 12:11 AM

Aug 2018
wow Satoko really didnt deserve to die, she could have helped solving Rika's murder. oh well

Jul 27, 2020 7:37 PM

Nov 2016
I half expected Ooishi to start beating tf out of Satoko after he started shaking her
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 11, 2020 3:45 PM

Jul 2017
Ooishi is really the worst. ive never liked him but in this arc he is really awful. shaking unconscious Sakoto because she can't give him answers. then she passes away and he's just upset that he couldn't get the answers in time with no care for her. fuck this guy
Sep 20, 2020 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
So these van people are always after Rika, Rena and Keiichi I guess? Hmm can't really make much sense out of this yet.
Oct 24, 2020 6:23 AM
Oct 2019
The Great Hinamizawa Disaster again...
Well at least we knew a little bit how Rika die..

Omg that's disturbing scene right there showing everybody is dead...

I have a theory i think those van people are the 20 people who are missing like oshi said, just maybe

Satoko-chan was supposed to be the solo survivor in this arc, but omg that fucking nurse killed her... It must be, that nurse seems so sus...
Probably the nurse was part of the van people or she just hating the Houjou Family...

Damn Oshi look so frustrated, he can't solve it 😔
Oct 27, 2020 9:08 AM

Feb 2020
poor satoko having to witness all that ):

calm down oishi but lowkey hoping he'd make it in time

that damn nurse
Nov 5, 2020 4:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh shit! Oishi san almost solved the huge puzzle mystery behind Hinamizawa disaster. However, as Rika said, no shit could prevent the mystery to unpacked, at least on these arc....

Oh man, they finally revealed the whole new scenes including the death of everyone except Satako that helping much Rika for these timeline. What to surprised me that the whole Great Disaster was actually an intentional event using the death of Rika as their blames. But, as an outsider peoples took the whole event as a disaster, which was make their intentions success with the flawless. No wonder with their real purposes used that massacre, for now. Its still a hella mystery for me, because Satako lately death on the hand of that an unknown peoples that creeping behind her neck. Its literally really different from what i thought before.

The theory among them as an aliens, still became my hot mark. The way they killed Satako at the hospital, means, that they already spreading among Japan. The great disaster awaits the Japanese people as a whole when Rika and the whole friends of her death miserably ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 16, 2020 2:42 AM

Oct 2016
Man, this arc was just pure depression Jeezuz. This has been a question since season but, damn who the fuck are those white van motherfuckers. And also that nurse is very fucking sus. What the hell is happening in this damned village but, I love it and I can't wait to find out the answers.

The way Rika was killed though is gruesome, I always hate seeing Rika's corpse but, what reason do they have by putting her there in that shrine thing. Everytime that happens the great hinamizawa disaster always follows. But, this time it was Satoko that survived instead of Keiichi. What could Rena's message possibly be, I wanna know. I liked that arc, very depressing but, had a lot of substance.
Nov 22, 2020 11:30 PM

Nov 2018
I swear some people shouldn't comment at all instead of writing something this stupid...
Lots of questions answered , lots of questions appeared.Still no info about Takano-san , not even how exactly she died , no proof of her death other than words.

Rena knows something.People that killed everyone are working for government I guess?
I hate everyone equally
Feb 6, 2021 3:53 PM

Mar 2020
Every time an arc ends:
Mar 18, 2021 3:48 PM

May 2020
Super intense episode, I am glad it answered a lot of questions from previous arcs but it certainly brings forth many new questions as well.
May 21, 2021 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
Now I'm depressed. Why does Satoko have to go through all of this? And who are those guys with the van?

It was a good arc, I have to say. This time Satoko was the only one who survived the disaster. Was it truly a natural disaster? And who was that nurse that was acting suspiciously? I'm betting that she was the one that killed Satoko.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

365 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.