Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 21, 2010 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
This catch and release scheme of blissful forgetfulness would be totally awesome if he had to sleep with all the girls as well (^.^)

Elcea's tantrum about not getting to wear a dress at the party was my favourite scene, not sure why but it just made me laugh xD
Oct 21, 2010 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
darkerealm said:
Oh wow he actually kissed Mio.

Keima is one of the luckiest guy (well, he is a God after all) who isn't deprived of the lack of kisses (which most of the male leads in an anime don't usually get). That's why he's awesome.
Oct 21, 2010 11:06 AM

Jul 2009
What's funny about this is that I actually find Mio's character quite realistic...
One of my school friends was rich, always bought designer clothers, kept up an appearance and shown snobbery towards cheap stores, yet once her dad got arrested, her mum had to get a store job and she had to slowly adjust to a working class lifestyle, yet still bough stuff she couldn't afford anymore.

On topic; great episode, it's astounding how accurate Katsuragi's visual novel is when it comes to personality types, I would actually like one of these games and I wish they were popular within the Western world.

Wondering what type of girl is next on the list; I'm hopeingfor someone who shows empty affection, as that would be a challenge.

Oct 21, 2010 11:16 AM

May 2010
I found the episode a little boring. Although Mio was funny.
Oct 21, 2010 11:19 AM
Mar 2009
Orion1 said:

^^^^^^^^^
Uh Oh! Manga Nazi Alert! If you take this offensive I'm just kidding. The manga is valid input when discussion the overall directional approach of the adaptation, but without reading the manga All I have to say about this episode is STRESSMAN!!!

I'm not offended, because I'm really a Manga Nazi! XD
Joking aside, I know that I could seem a bit nitpick ( probably specially for the ones that don't read the manga), but Keima Katsuragi is one of my favorite manga characters, so I just want that they keep his great personality. He is simply amazing and funny. ^^
Oct 21, 2010 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
3 episodes covering two girls already. Judging by the opening and ending I'm assuming they are going to only cover 4 girls this season so that leaves Kanon and the library girl left.
Oct 21, 2010 12:47 PM
Nov 2009
Good episode :)
Oct 21, 2010 12:51 PM

Jul 2009
darkerealm said:

O gawd, Mio isn't a virgin anymore. Be prepared to face teh otaku's wrath!!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 21, 2010 1:03 PM

Aug 2010
-Quasar said:
Zalxoras said:
They're probably keeping her for Hakua. She's tsundere as well.

Oh please no. I don't want my Haqua to be voiced by Kugumiya. It will not fit her since she isn't a loli but only a tsundere.

I want Satou Rina personally.

I would also like Satou Rina to voice Haqua. Would probably enjoy it more though Youko Hikasa would be a good choice as well. Oh yeah and the Zaku head was freaking win.
Oct 21, 2010 1:40 PM

Oct 2009
Why do I have to be a maid? I want to wear a dress to!
Oct 21, 2010 2:57 PM

Dec 2008
I found it really funny when she was teaching him how to dance and he was memorizing it following button patterns from his not PSP.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Oct 21, 2010 3:24 PM
Dec 2007
Still the same ending as the first episode. Hope there will be some development soon, the fact that all the girls forget everything about their love story is simply too convenient. Good episode however.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 21, 2010 3:31 PM
Jun 2010
Zaku head and Konami code in the same episode, this anime is awesome
Oct 21, 2010 5:19 PM

Aug 2009
BitchMaster said:
darkerealm said:

O gawd, Mio isn't a virgin anymore. Be prepared to face teh otaku's wrath!!!

WHAT!

(prepares to burn his manga collection and rip heads of figures)

:P
Oct 21, 2010 5:20 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
This anime is so interesting. Too bad girls forget the glasses guy after the kisses.

Oct 21, 2010 5:50 PM

Jun 2010
K0S-M0S said:
Too bad girls forget the glasses guy after the kisses.

He is not the glasses guy! He is the God of Galges and on Earth goes by the name of Katsuragi Keima... xD
But putting that aside: Is it just me and my paranoia or at the begining of the ending song in the 3rd episode the voice is more squiki than in episode 2 (like it was sung by someone else?)
Oct 21, 2010 6:18 PM

Aug 2009
helski666 said:
But putting that aside: Is it just me and my paranoia or at the begining of the ending song in the 3rd episode the voice is more squiki than in episode 2 (like it was sung by someone else?)
It was song by Mio with some addition of more violins + lightened tone. Although I'm complete nub on any sort of pop music, perfect pitch really helps me identifying differences.

I liked it though... I just love its lyrics and arrangement.
Oct 21, 2010 6:37 PM

Jun 2009
I love how the girls always forget Keima in the end. It completely denies this series the ability to turn into a harem cluster......
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Oct 21, 2010 7:20 PM
Oct 21, 2010 7:46 PM

Oct 2007
other than a few minor differences, very well done. to those complaining about keima blushing so much, it bothered me at first too but i think it only seems that way because the anime is so colorful, going back and reading the chapters, theres hardly any extra blushes
Oct 21, 2010 8:16 PM

Apr 2009
-Quasar said:
Overall, pretty funny episode. It's just that Keima blushes too much and it isn't like him to be like that

I was under the impression he was blushing at will,on purpose It wouldn't surprise me :D

ringoo4 said:
Keima is religion.

*THE ANIME OF THE FUCKIN YEAR*

Truer wasn't spoken yet
Oct 21, 2010 9:07 PM

Jun 2007
loved it. manga to anime transition is kind of flawless, and i can't wait till next episode. keima ftfw. "let me tell you something good" line always makes me crack up. that and the code sequence really made this episode enjoyable to the max (not that anything was bad at all, it just exponentially incresed it) i myself can't wait till they show hakua
Oct 21, 2010 9:26 PM

May 2008
Wow, i just caught up yesterday with all 3 episodes.
wasnt really a priority/interest for me in the beginning but now i must swallow my words.
Being a sucker for romance, this series sure ticks all the boxes that would make me enjoy it. im actually loving it! :D
Keima sure knows what to do ^^
*loved also the taxi scenes
Oct 21, 2010 10:42 PM

Sep 2009
ringoo4 said:
Nevertheless, extremely faithful to manga, yet extremely entertaining. Keima is religion.

QFT

Another good episode. Looking forward to Kanon, woooo!
Oct 21, 2010 11:59 PM

Feb 2010
this show continues to be amazingly cute!
Oct 22, 2010 3:12 AM

Mar 2010
Two Heidi references in this season.I think Japan is trying to tell us something.What could it be...
Oct 22, 2010 3:14 AM
Feb 2010
Centent said:
ringoo4 said:
Nevertheless, extremely faithful to manga, yet extremely entertaining. Keima is religion.

QFT

Another good episode. Looking forward to Kanon, woooo!

QFT x2

Anyways, awesome ep.
I lol'd at the changing taxis (Which, is several times funnier here compared to the manga)
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Oct 22, 2010 1:12 PM

Aug 2009
I think I fell in love with Mio, slightly =o
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Oct 22, 2010 3:41 PM
Feb 2010
I think the manga is better, but I will continue to watch this.

That was a good ep. :)
Oct 22, 2010 5:09 PM

Feb 2010
I really like this show, especially the OP for many laughs because of many failsubs.
Oct 22, 2010 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
This anime seems great, but i still think thats no reason to say that this is the anime of the year lol. I prefer bakuman. But thats me ofc.

Great episode
Oct 22, 2010 8:28 PM

Jun 2009
Day 1-5 bike modification, lol

Dance moment
Mio: right, right
Katsuragi: up, up, down, down, L, R, L
wahahaha gaming syndrome so LOL

I was thinking, that the loss of memory due to the expelled soul is the cause well perhaps if not if he dated a hundred of them its gonna be WWIII
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 23, 2010 12:55 AM

May 2010
damn, elsy in maid outfit was awesome
mio is so cute lol
great ep

~Nyaaa~

Oct 23, 2010 6:06 AM

Mar 2010
MusashiRose said:
this show continues to be amazingly cute!

Couldn't agree more, Elsie voiced by Itou Kanae is amazingly cute too ^^

Oct 23, 2010 8:38 AM

May 2009
OH GOD THE CHEESE

...still loved it
Oct 23, 2010 10:13 AM

Oct 2007
I am one of those few people who will never understand the hype of this show.

Dropped.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 23, 2010 7:13 PM
Jun 2008
Siva said:
I am one of those few people who will never understand the hype of this show.

Dropped.
LoL
The World God Only Know WHY
Oct 23, 2010 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
The more I think about it, the more I think Katsuragi is kind of a dick for doing this. He toys with their feelings by making girls fall in love with him. Sure, he's doing it to save his & Elsie's lives, and the girls end up becoming "better" people, but I still don't know how I feel about it ethically. Anyway I get the feeling that as time goes by, Katsuragi is gonna want to stop because it'll start to bother him as well. So maybe that balances out?

And doesn't anyone realise Elsie is walking around with a broom all the time?

There's something missing about this show and I can't put my finger on it. It's just not connecting with me.
yamakasiOct 23, 2010 8:55 PM
Oct 23, 2010 9:35 PM

Aug 2009
yamakasi said:
The more I think about it, the more I think Katsuragi is kind of a dick for doing this. He toys with their feelings by making girls fall in love with him. Sure, he's doing it to save his & Elsie's lives, and the girls end up becoming "better" people, but I still don't know how I feel about it ethically. Anyway I get the feeling that as time goes by, Katsuragi is gonna want to stop because it'll start to bother him as well. So maybe that balances out?

Bide your time. Something'll happen (depending on how far this adaptation gets between here and next season)
Oct 23, 2010 10:20 PM

Jun 2009
yamakasi said:
The more I think about it, the more I think Katsuragi is kind of a dick for doing this. He toys with their feelings by making girls fall in love with him. Sure, he's doing it to save his & Elsie's lives, and the girls end up becoming "better" people, but I still don't know how I feel about it ethically.

Yeah, because helping out girls to drive out those runaway spirits (who are spirits of evil people before) out of them, in which in the future, will cause major problems for the girls and also will jeopardize their life, makes him look like he was toying with them and also making him a dick. Good grief!
Oct 23, 2010 11:37 PM

Oct 2007
yamakasi said:

And doesn't anyone realise Elsie is walking around with a broom all the time?

There's something missing about this show and I can't put my finger on it. It's just not connecting with me.

Ever hear of the greater good?
Oct 24, 2010 6:41 AM

Nov 2007
-Quasar said:
yamakasi said:
The more I think about it, the more I think Katsuragi is kind of a dick for doing this. He toys with their feelings by making girls fall in love with him. Sure, he's doing it to save his & Elsie's lives, and the girls end up becoming "better" people, but I still don't know how I feel about it ethically.

Yeah, because helping out girls to drive out those runaway spirits (who are spirits of evil people before) out of them, in which in the future, will cause major problems for the girls and also will jeopardize their life, makes him look like he was toying with them and also making him a dick. Good grief!

So far we haven't seen anyone being negatively affected by these spirits. Sure, Elsie said they were bad and that's why she's there to retrieve them, but then again she's supposed to be a demon from hell... and just look at her. So forgive me for not taking her very seriously!

I would ask just what the spirits would do if left in the girls & how negatively they would affect them, but I won't in case the anime has an episode which covers that.

Anyway, my point is that I understand that it's supposed to be "good" for them that he does this, but I feel ambivalent about it -- and I'm sure Katsuragi will, too.
Oct 24, 2010 7:49 AM

Jun 2009
yamakasi said:
So far we haven't seen anyone being negatively affected by these spirits.

Because Keima acted on it fast.

yamakasi said:
Sure, Elsie said they were bad and that's why she's there to retrieve them, but then again she's supposed to be a demon from hell... and just look at her. So forgive me for not taking her very seriously!

I believe hell has a different definition in Kami Nomi.

yamakasi said:
I would ask just what the spirits would do if left in the girls & how negatively they would affect them, but I won't in case the anime has an episode which covers that.

That would be spoilers. Even if it's spoilers, it's not right to pre-judge him because have you ever seen Keima doing this just because he just wants to play with their feelings or have fun? I don't think so and you can see by the end of episode that he actually cares about the girls he worked on, though he doesn't want to admit it.

yamakasi said:
Anyway, my point is that I understand that it's supposed to be "good" for them that he does this, but I feel ambivalent about it -- and I'm sure Katsuragi will, too.

Still couldn't comprehend why you labeled him a "dick" for doing something "good". Besides, It's not like Keima took their chastity away or act like a pervert and take advantage of them. It goes only as far as a kiss and you can tell that Keima is actually sincere about the girl he is working on and in fact, Keima makes them feel special just like the case of Ayumi (He showed how sincere he is by cheering for her everyday although he was continuously getting shunned by her) and Mio (He treated her like a princess). That's hard work and perseverance and even in RL, girls fall for those type of guys.

TL;DR Anyway, If you still feel the same for him... I rest my case.
Oct 24, 2010 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
This story was really good but kind of unfortunate that the first episode was better than the conclusion. The last episode was really awesome. Anyway the tsundere story is over. The girl was certainly a fool but as a classic tsundere she had a really nice heart somewhere deep inside.
I kind of expected him to do a little more during the passing of days than just being her carriage boy though. I wanted a few more romantic attempts before the kiss and not be successful from the first smart attempt. Also i expected to get a view of her gentle side more than a smile and the ending scene. The whole thing looked like it needed three episodes to be better.

The one really awesome thing about this anime is the fact that the male lead isn't just an idiot like other harem romantic staff but his actually very cool in his own strange way. Comparing this guy to the guy from Amagami SS than am also currently watching, this guy is 1000 times better.
Oct 24, 2010 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
Monad said:

I kind of expected him to do a little more during the passing of days than just being her carriage boy though. I wanted a few more romantic attempts before the kiss and not be successful from the first smart attempt.

Well it seems like the key to a tsundere's heart is to just be a part of their life, no matter what it is you are doing, until it gets to a point where if you suddenly dissapeared, it would be something they wouldn't want, so thats when you can make the capture, lol. As can be seen as how she was acting with the whipping scene, she already felt that interacting with him was completely normal until she caught herself doing it.
Oct 26, 2010 3:51 PM

Nov 2009
Not bad. I was expecting a lot of fan service but it actually did not have much of it. I almost avoided it.
It's kinda like a bunch of mini love stories. Though it's just one guy.

I like how he did not take advantage of the fact that only he knows about her secret. Instead he just supported her(now that her chauffeur has quited).

This anime is one good romance comedy.
Oct 27, 2010 5:00 AM
Mar 2009
darkzero999 said:
Not bad. I was expecting a lot of fan service but it actually did not have much of it. I almost avoided it.
It's kinda like a bunch of mini love stories. Though it's just one guy.

I like how he did not take advantage of the fact that only he knows about her secret. Instead he just supported her(now that her chauffeur has quited).

This anime is one good romance comedy.

Kami nomi's manga is not ecchi, so I think also anime won't have a lot of fanservice.
RyutaiOct 27, 2010 5:12 AM
Oct 27, 2010 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
yeah this is a new type of harem. the main char is really cool.
Oct 28, 2010 5:30 AM

Mar 2008
I'm a little surprised that none of you noticed the blatant racism portrayed in this episode. Mio and her father are both clearly foreigners (pale skin, blonde hair). When the businessmen step out of the party and see Mio in the courtyard, they laugh and snicker about her father being dead. That's pretty fucked up right there.

Although not as bad as the kids who bullied a girl into killing herself, because her mother wasn't 100% Japanese.
Oct 28, 2010 6:34 AM

May 2007
She referenced Marie Antionette, doesn't she know how that ended.

Another fun episode, I really can't wait to see this dude break under all this, so far he has totally fallen in love with two girls(with a third next week) and they can't remember.
My anime list
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2010

195 by little_raven »»
May 20, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2010

251 by little_raven »»
May 19, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

199 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

248 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

346 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 19, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.