Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 7, 1:04 PM
May 2017
breathtaking animation and scenery; huge plot reveals; incredible episode
Jan 7, 1:30 PM
Dec 2022
The Animation was so Amazing. so excited!
Jan 7, 1:34 PM

Jan 2020
Honestly one of the best directed episodes in the series. 10000/10 opening, nice new ED, new eyecatchers, That end with robin and chopper was all nice additions.

The Imu scene, the OST and the atmosphere was just so perfect and I love the new art style. Greatness

Jan 7, 1:35 PM
Apr 2020
I love this episode and I like new animations looks great
Jan 7, 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
Now I'm hyped again, a new island and this new power that is worse than buster call.

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Jan 7, 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
Beep boop, endgame One Piece has initiated.
Jan 7, 3:13 PM

Nov 2017
Why would they do a Memories reference NOW at all times of the show????
Jan 7, 3:18 PM

Dec 2013
I already miss the high-quality looking style they had previously.

Now we're stuck with this. Hopefully it won't last the entire year.
Jan 7, 4:06 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What a come back. It's the year of One Piece again it seems.
Jan 7, 5:27 PM
Sep 2021
not sure if i like the new animation or not
Jan 7, 5:47 PM
Nov 2020
Mattuzmk said:
@Lovely_Hollow Don't know what substance are you on, but if you have extra to share, then please do.

Don’t you like it?
Jan 7, 6:18 PM
Jul 2013
Mother of God, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS?

But ODA

What a great chapter!!
Jan 7, 7:11 PM
Dec 2023
Loved the new animation
Jan 7, 7:13 PM
Dec 2014
Lulusia part was so epic
Jan 7, 8:23 PM
Feb 2021
peak fiction !!

the new art style is amazing
Jan 7, 9:13 PM
Apr 2021
peak. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 7, 10:02 PM

May 2015
It's gonna take me time to get used to the new cartoonish art style
Small Bonney is so cute
Peak Piece
Jan 8, 3:51 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to falkenjg
What island? I never heard of that Island....
@falkenjg

It's easy to forget, but actually we saw the princess of Lulusia before

On her way to the Reverie she got kidnnapped by pirates and Koby and Helmeppo saved her

One chapter later a pirate under Blackbeard's flag attacked a twon in their kingdom and the 4 Revo captains came to the save. That was their introduction

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 8, 5:44 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Damn, that was a strong start for the series this year! I wonder if there’s some kind of big reason or is it just the start of the final stages of the manga? Whatever the case, it’s always fantastic to have Ishitani Megumi-san directing.

Lulusia decimated in no time seemingly, god damn. What is this secret weapon? Are all kingdoms being monitored by a race-eradication weapon like this at all times? That’s a freaky thought! Hopefully, Sabo wasn’t taken out and will be able to get the info across. The directing during that whole scene was just sublime.

Meanwhile, it looks like the situation is getting a little worrisome for the Straw Hat crew. I’m afraid running away like that wouldn’t amount to anything, Usopp. Seemed like Zoro was gearing up for a move but will it be fast enough is the million dollar Qs.

I really liked, “the Peak”, and kind of wished it stuck around for a bit longer. But hey, that’s not to say I’ve any issues with the current one. A lot of nostalgia packed into the visuals and got to give it to the iconic performers! What a treat from the wonderful folks over at Toei!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 8, 6:22 AM
May 2019
One of the best the series has to offer, Nozomu Shishido's directorial debut (after a great storyboard debut in 1086) is amazing to behold! It's up there with the likes of Ishitani, Michibata, Tanaka, and Nakamura! Hope he becomes a regular on the team. Having Mori as an AD certainly levels the episode up since his style complements the character design change that Mori make for the arc. The entirety of the ep is beautiful and haunting.
Jan 8, 6:30 AM
Jun 2017
the new animation was awesome
Jan 8, 8:23 AM
Dec 2020
Egghead arc, Kuma's backstory!! Let's gooo!!!
Jan 8, 9:49 AM
Mar 2010
I don't usually post here but this episode felt different to a point that I will leave this here

It felt lke it was a completely different quality than what we've been getting for the past hundreds episodes

I don't mean the animation that is still quite the same and it's not something too brag about (tho I admit there were some quality shots) but the content quality and pacing....was just superb than the usual...crap ?

It felt like watching one of those 12 episode animes and totally not like One Piece where every episode is a slog, 1/5 of it is a recap, not much happens in single episode and shit is dragged sooooooo much to a point where you just run episodes as a background to something actually more interesting

That was weird surprise but a welcome one. I hope that's some indication of what is to come and that they will stop making boring episodes, stretching the content so much that you can easily grab 3-4 EPs, cut the unnecessary crap and combine it into one actual episode

Iz good, iz nice
Jan 8, 9:54 AM
Feb 2021
Choppers "hehehe"

Jan 8, 11:17 AM
Jun 2022
i Thought a buster call was brutal but this is a howl new level and dammm was zhis fish big
Jan 8, 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
Sunny is already huge. For a monster to be bigger than it, that's really something.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 8, 12:26 PM
Aug 2020
The egghead island arc begins with a bang. Beautiful episode. Lulusia kingdom gone, Sabo lost and the world is upside down while a giant shark is attacking the Strawhats. But the mmost important thing is the appearence of Jewelry Bonney.
Jan 8, 1:02 PM
Jan 2022
dude what an episode to start the saga
Jan 8, 1:27 PM
Jan 2024
Very good ark starting episode
Jan 8, 4:02 PM
May 2021
I love the new take on the animation, It just keeps getting better and better! And all the memories till now... I truly Love One Piece. Thank you Eiichiro Oda for giving us this masterpiece.
Jan 8, 4:03 PM
May 2021
I love the new take on the animation, It just keeps getting better and better! And all the memories till now... I truly Love One Piece. Thank you Eiichiro Oda for giving us this masterpiece.
Jan 8, 5:00 PM
Nov 2023
Best anime ever in history
Jan 9, 2:55 AM
Jan 2024
saks lang, egghead na sa wakas (yey)
Jan 9, 3:52 AM
Nov 2021
amazing animation and the Imu scenes were fantastic
Jan 9, 11:14 AM

May 2020
amazing start for 2024
the animation style looks really good
cant wait for more

Jan 9, 1:38 PM
Jul 2022
episode was amaziing
Jan 9, 3:03 PM
Apr 2023
Im loving the new animation style nice and crisp kinda funny though how its vibrant and colorful but the episode its self was depressing
Jan 9, 3:41 PM
Jun 2020
Amazing episode, cant wait for egg head to finally start
Jan 9, 6:00 PM
Jan 2024
Best Anime everrrr.
Jan 9, 9:02 PM

Mar 2020
Time for the new opening!!!
It is such a banger! Not behind the song yet, but its Hiroshi Kitadani. Its his 5th opening now. It will probably grow in time!
So many interesting things in the openings
They're no longer long shounen generic openings now
All of them are well directed and stylized af!!!!
Wonder if this one was also directed by Megumi Ishitani.
So many wonderful choices, but my favorite is probably the part where all Straw Hats are cycled through all of their outfits in all the different arcs from the beginning to the end

As soon as the episode begins, we begin to notice the new artstyle for the new arc. Ho boy, here we go!!!!
So much is going on, we definitely needed a breather with Morgans about it all
The world has become so dynamic after Wano man
We're seeing all the big players and their happenings

Sabo seems to be astounded with what he saw at Mariejois. And the black figure seems to be Imu that we're seeing, could it be... Sabo knows about Imu and his one chair now?

The king of Lulusia is such a bi**h.

Some big shit is going on. They even framed the Communications Department.
A new OST for this too..

Holy shit, did we just see an entire country get slaughtered by a single cross on a map by someone?
Could it be Imu's power?
They're asking them to forget Lulusia, like the God Valley.

New eyecatchers are pretty amazing!
But I kinda dont like that they're gonna be the same all the time, not specific to each character.

We're getting so much out of Straw Hats' scope right now.

"It's cold" *sees Zoro half naked*

Zoro to the rescue!
Cuts a fking Eddy like its nothing

Aww Chopper is so light, he's flying away

So it was Jewelry Bonney stuck in there

Hey a slow motion audio effect in One Piece, that's a first time.
That thing in the sea, could it be a monster like the one in Thriller Bark.

The singer of the first ending ever, Memories, Maki Otsuki is back too now T_T
It's a great time to be alive man...
I've missed this..
And so many Straw Hat moments with it
Dear Sunrise.

Now they've also added a chibi filler at the end like the ones in Black Clover and HxH
Hehe, anything to pad the runtime for Toei.
But hey, I haven't really felt a clutch in pacing in the recent episodes
The events happening are so big after Wano, they definitely can afford to have it a bit slower. Although, its probably because I've basically binged the last 12 episodes.
I guess they're gonna give us character profiles from now along with their best of moments.

The next episode seems to be heading towards this new location of Egghead, can't wait to see it soon!!
Jan 9, 11:02 PM
Sep 2023
what the actual fuck is even happening
Jan 10, 5:56 AM
Oct 2021
Best Episode Anime!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘‘
Amazing & Smooth Animation.โค๏ธ
I Can't Wait for coming Arc Egghead and so Many peak battle Final Saga!! ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ”ฅ
#OnePiece1089 My Favorite Episode..
Jan 10, 10:02 AM

Apr 2018
This episode is CRAZYYYY ! One Piece peak again dayum
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Jan 10, 7:08 PM
Jun 2016
I dont know... but, that episode IMHO, was way better then most of wano arc episodes !!! the animation was way better and fluent! story was quick, monologues were so typical to one piece characters, i have almost forgot how good the series was... wano had a shameful adaptation..
I hope one piece will continue with the new path.!
Jan 10, 10:36 PM

Aug 2019
I’m loving the new opening and ending! It feels quite special to have endings now for the final saga.

The new animation is insane!
Jan 11, 2:13 AM

Mar 2017
Reply to thebrentinator24
Holy shit they made the Lulusia part way more terrifying here than in the manga. The slow buildup to the eventual destruction with the Elder's voiceover was ominous as fuck. They nailed that part.

We got another art style change and I'm loving it. From the Lulusia part, to Zoro slicing the eddy, they've already shown off a little in terms of animation too. We're eating good for the upcoming big fights.

Speaking of big fights, yea the new OP spoils them but thats not a surprise anymore this far into One Piece. I don't think Japan cares about spoilers the way non-Japanese people seem to, plus, still being anime-only for One Piece at this point is crazy. Anywho, the song is fine and I like how vibrant it is but the ED is what really got me. A manly tear was shed, seeing the emotional moments of each Straw Hat along with Merry...damn man. The nostalgia hit hard, especially with it being the same singer as the very first ED. It's fitting for the series' 25th anniversary that the OP/ED singer combo is the same as when the anime first started.
yeah I'm crazy

and more characters here, done
Jan 11, 6:46 AM
Sep 2023
new animations is so goood
Jan 11, 9:54 AM
Sep 2023
The end of an arc has put a wonderful polish on the start of a new one. I can't wait to watch this every week.
Jan 11, 10:56 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Amazing , the Goberment can destroy a island in minutes just!!
The tiburon face, agonic!!!
kekeke
Jan 11, 1:28 PM
Jan 2024
MÜKEMMELDฤฐ BOลžALDIM BÖLÜME
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

43 by -hzl »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikey625 - Apr 21, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1085 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Nov 25, 2023

92 by OddlyCasual »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 678 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 17, 2015

143 by Kurusu_kun »»
12 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.