Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2023 7:16 PM

Apr 2023
This episode felt really short. I always love slice of life Mushoku Tensei. The interactions between Rudy and Sylphy were so cute.

Aug 13, 2023 7:46 PM
Dec 2021
would have liked him to buy some hot sexy slave to fuck. Nonetheless, its a great episode.
Aug 13, 2023 7:51 PM

Mar 2007
Sat down to watch this with the family.

Yay, finally an episode without the Roxy comfort panties being shown!

Wait, SLAVERY, again?? Why??? So it's another rescue the slave by buying them, like Raphtalia. And I thought things were going well ....
Aug 13, 2023 7:55 PM

Feb 2014
My dude, if you are aware that someone is a male and their smile and other things that they do makes you attracted to them, you are gay. It is as easy as that. "Oh but she actually is her childhood friend in disguise so Rudeus know deep inside she is Sylphi." Nope, he is gay for Fritz.

Rudeus is comparing how he was bullied to a child that was forced to become a slave as if both things are comparable.

Also, who cares about the other slaves, right? Only Rudeus is a poor baby because he was bullied in school and all the slaves suffered the same or less than he did. /s

What's wrong with this writing?
Aug 13, 2023 8:12 PM
Oct 2013
The fact people forgot that Rudeus and Ruijerd annihilate the slavery team to free the dog and beastmen is very apparent in the response of commenters here like seeing slavery for the first time in this anime 🙄 and no, the last slave trader who died fighting Rudeus is no way looks like an arabic guy, so there's that too.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Aug 13, 2023 8:14 PM

Oct 2015
average tourists commenting on new anime
nothing to see here
Weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but female and not incel: :soyjackwow:
weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but male and incel: :npcangry:
Aug 13, 2023 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
this dude compared his old life to that of a child slave like WHAT? that aside this scene at the slave market is easily the most interesting one in this second season so far which TBH has been quite boring for the most part

also i dont get this plan, he cant make a figurine on his own so he buys a child to teach them how to make them for him? huh
Aug 13, 2023 8:19 PM

Jun 2012
I-I dont like seeing lolis suffering ...
Aug 13, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2019
silversaint said:
this dude compared his old life to that of a child slave like WHAT? that aside this scene at the slave market is easily the most interesting one in this second season so far which TBH has been quite boring for the most part

also i dont get this plan, he cant make a figurine on his own so he buys a child to teach them how to make them for him? huh
Zanoba is a Blessed Child and has superhuman strength and is clumsy when the job requires a lot of precision and dexterity, which he just does not have whatsoever (hell his clumsiness basically killed his brother with a lack of control over himself nor his power). He won't ever be able to learn to make anything close to figurines, let alone what Rudeus showed him basically. The dwarf girl being young and having good dexterity could develop her mana pool and practice enough earth magic to do basically what Zanoba cant. Obviously he knows Rudeus cant just help him with that all the time either since he has his own things to do so that was his alternate, somewhat.
Aug 13, 2023 8:48 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi teaches a slave
Aug 13, 2023 8:56 PM
Nov 2019
I wonder how many hints Sylphie will have to drop before Rudy finally realizes what going on. Or if he never does and she has to just tell him.

The whole slave market subplot felt really weird. Unless it comes up again I feel like you could've done without it.
Aug 13, 2023 9:03 PM

Dec 2019
AnimeNerd99 said:
I wonder how many hints Sylphie will have to drop before Rudy finally realizes what going on. Or if he never does and she has to just tell him.

The whole slave market subplot felt really weird. Unless it comes up again I feel like you could've done without it.
It's weird but I don't think its a bad subplot since it does a good job in reinforcing the moral differences this world has compared to what Rudeus experienced in the past. I remember in s1 when Ghislaine killed some folk that kidnapped Eris in cold blood, as Rudeus panicked, Eris was casually running to her to thank her. Hell she even killed someone herself without batting much of an eye. Same can go with the idea of slavery here, since Zanoba and Sylphie lived among many nobles and have seen enough to not cringe at the idea, especially since for that world, this is a widely accepted concept for that area and reflecting the medieval period elements. In the end, Zanoba is the one making the choice to go for Julie and as far as Rudeus goes, obviously if Zanoba treats her properly and gives her hope with this opportunity while being taken care of properly, then he would help like he did. But I do think in some ways, this shows Rudeus adapting somewhat to that world now and not just treating it completely like a game-like outsider world, now there is a little bit of integration there somewhat. Even the portrayal of controversial themes were pretty balanced enough to work with the world and not go too distasteful overall. No glorification of it is there either

Aug 13, 2023 9:07 PM

Jul 2016
The Rising of the... Flaccid Hero? Also no way Rudeus just compared his previous high-school life to the life of a literal child slave. Dude gtfo.

On other news, Sylphie can't stop dropping hints but of course MC's most logical conclusion to this is that he's turning gay smh.
And they really bought a slave for the sole purpose of making figurines for this Zanoba weirdo to nut on them... man, where is Ruijerd when you need him?
Aug 13, 2023 9:08 PM

Jul 2021
aw man we are already halfway through this season :/

another lovely lovely episode as usual. it's nice to see rudy all settled at the uni.

lmao rudy is really questioning his sexuality.

sylphie and rudy's interaction are so cute and nice. i really like their conversations. it's nice how she is able to talk freely with rudy like that even after they were apart for so many years.

julie giving off must protecc vibes. i hope we find out about her past life too.

also i think i noticed rudy being a little troubled by the slavery thing. he's a modern world man, it's safe to say he doesn't like it. also considering his past experience where he came face to face with slavees being smuggled, he must really hate being there.i hope he's able to do something about the slavery in that world.

10/10 episode. i want to watch the new ep asap but also don't want this season to end. only 6 episodes left :(
TsutanaiFuunAug 13, 2023 9:33 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 13, 2023 9:56 PM

May 2015
I want to think of Julie as Rudeus and Sylphy's child, and Zanoba her funny uncle
One can only dream
Aug 13, 2023 9:59 PM

Jul 2022
That was a rather interesting way to portray slavery. MT condemns slavery and has made it pretty clear that slavery is messed up regardless of what world it is. However, slavery is normalized in that world and the characters' uncomfortable, yet somewhat acceptable stance on this issue is merely a reflection of this fact.
Aug 13, 2023 10:07 PM

Aug 2020
Ngl I kinda felt bad for the slaves. We got a new character though so that's interesting. 

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Aug 13, 2023 10:12 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Cute episode, enjoyed it.

Why doesn't Slyphie tell Rudeus who she is again?
Aug 13, 2023 10:16 PM

Dec 2016
"Am I turning gay/bi?" the episode. 
Aug 13, 2023 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
A pretty solid episode, but the fake-deep emotional manipulation with Juliette was just beyond stupid. 

It's not a "mercy" to kill a starving child in a cage when you can save her and give her a better life, baka!
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 13, 2023 10:47 PM

Jan 2013
MadanielFL said:
Rudeus is beginning to see the appeal of femboys.

Good episode covering how they got Julie, but they did skip the dialogue where Rudeus specifically said the slave had to be a girl, kinda of as nod to Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo, which the author of MT was fan of and was inspired by it.
Why would it be a reference to that? It's not like that dude was going to pick a male sex slave, I'm not seeing the correlation. 

Rudy is definitely the type of guy that would prefer a young slave girl, even if he wasn't going to do anything shady. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 13, 2023 10:56 PM

Apr 2012
Arkaniet said:
RobertBobert said:
This reminds me of ReZero, where, due to the simplification of a number of dialogues, the motivation of the characters was very much lost in a couple of important scenes.
Yeah that rings quite true. The anime does try but reading the LN made a LOT of the interactions clearer and gave them more depth and meaning. Especially seeing Rudys train of thought is quite interesting because he truly thinks some awefull things. Then again I wouldn't want people listening to my unfiltered thoughts either. Haven't read ReZero but I can attest that I was lost here and there while watching the anime.
There were a lot of nuances in ReZero's case that I can't explain properly, but if you've read the web novel before the anime, you might be very surprised to hear some of the dialogue in the third arc, as White Fox simplified it a lot and changed some things from -for the changes made by the author to the official novelization of LN. For example, in the web novel, he gradually comes to realize that he loves both girls and is tormented by moral doubts because of this, while in the anime it is simplified to a couple of lines and then periodic reminders.
Aug 13, 2023 11:26 PM

Feb 2021
LostSpectre said:
MadanielFL said:
Rudeus is beginning to see the appeal of femboys.

Good episode covering how they got Julie, but they did skip the dialogue where Rudeus specifically said the slave had to be a girl, kinda of as nod to Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo, which the author of MT was fan of and was inspired by it.
Why would it be a reference to that? It's not like that dude was going to pick a male sex slave, I'm not seeing the correlation. 

Rudy is definitely the type of guy that would prefer a young slave girl, even if he wasn't going to do anything shady. 
In the Isekai Meikyuu LN, the MC specifically wants a female slave otherwise he would treat his male slave poorly, so it became kinda of a running joke in the novel, and as it happens, the author of MT was inspired by Isekai Meikyuu, which was after all, one of the very first true isekai web novels to ever exist. 
Aug 13, 2023 11:27 PM

Apr 2022
the only episode so far i felt was kinda meh, the end bit with julie was nice though. was pretty much exactly like with raphtalia though, the whole slave deal.
Aug 13, 2023 11:29 PM

Jan 2013
MadanielFL said:
LostSpectre said:

In the Isekai Meikyuu LN, the MC specifically wants a female slave otherwise he would treat his male slave poorly, so it became kinda of a running joke in the novel, and as it happens, the author of MT was inspired by Isekai Meikyuu, which was after all, one of the very first true isekai web novels to ever exist. 
Was that in the anime at all? He wanted a sex slave, so I'm still missing why a male slave was ever a consideration at any point, but I digress. 
Aug 13, 2023 11:30 PM

Feb 2021
LostSpectre said:
MadanielFL said:
Was that in the anime at all? He wanted a sex slave, so I'm still missing why a male slave was ever a consideration at any point, but I digress. 

He wanted a warrior slave, not specifically a sex slave.
That was when he was buying his second slave.
Aug 13, 2023 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
MadanielFL said:
LostSpectre said:

He wanted a warrior slave, not specifically a sex slave.
That was when he was buying his second slave.
Alright, but he definitely only wanted a female slave after finding out he could have sex with her, naturally. lol
Aug 13, 2023 11:38 PM

Nov 2007
LostSpectre said:
A pretty solid episode, but the fake-deep emotional manipulation with Juliette was just beyond stupid. 

It's not a "mercy" to kill a starving child in a cage when you can save her and give her a better life, baka!

He saw a reflection of his old life in her eyes and projected how he felt back then onto her. He had given up hope of ever crawling out of his hole on his own and was just passively waiting for everything to end. He wanted to see if Juliette has not yet reached the point of no return that he crossed in his old life. Her saying that she doesn't want to die confirmed that she could recover. It's projection and wharped and flawed but it fits his point of view.

AOD-san said:
I think you're not supposed to know yet. Try to empathize with her pov and don't forget that she used to be quite timid and sensitive. It might get properly elaborated later. Might not. There's multiple pov chapters that go into what she's feeling but the anime has stuck to Rudys pov and skipped all the pov chapters so far so I wouldn't get my hopes up that this one will make it. It will most likely get adressed in some shape or form later on.
Aug 13, 2023 11:48 PM

Jan 2013
Arkaniet said:
LostSpectre said:

He saw a reflection of his old life in her eyes and projected how he felt back then onto her. He had given up hope of ever crawling out of his hole on his own and was just passively waiting for everything to end. He wanted to see if Juliette has not yet reached the point of no return that he crossed in his old life. Her saying that she doesn't want to die confirmed that she could recover. It's projection and wharped and flawed but it fits his point of view.
Nah bro... I don't need you to try and justify this stupidity to me. Regardless of his point of view, it's completely illogical.

All I have to say, I won't reply.
Aug 13, 2023 11:57 PM
Apr 2021
Wow this season is incredible, the amount of times I’ve had to rewatch fights is breaking my brain. It’s a bummer that it seems to be slowing down the pace but I am still loving it!
Aug 14, 2023 12:58 AM
Oct 2018
Arkaniet said:
LostSpectre said:

AOD-san said:
I think you're not supposed to know yet. Try to empathize with her pov and don't forget that she used to be quite timid and sensitive. It might get properly elaborated later. Might not. There's multiple pov chapters that go into what she's feeling but the anime has stuck to Rudys pov and skipped all the pov chapters so far so I wouldn't get my hopes up that this one will make it. It will most likely get adressed in some shape or form later on.
Thats not a point of no return though. Wanting to die is never the end  of the road and you can 100% recovery from this state, even rudeus has. So him not believeing its possible to recovery from that is hypocritical and shows he is still a dumb ass 
Aug 14, 2023 1:46 AM

Nov 2007
Ploxyfoxy said:
Arkaniet said:

Thats not a point of no return though. Wanting to die is never the end  of the road and you can 100% recovery from this state, even rudeus has. So him not believeing its possible to recovery from that is hypocritical and shows he is still a dumb ass 
Of course he is a dumbass. He has a fuckload of character flaws. It's really hard to argue Rudys point because I fundamentally agree with you I'm trying to make sense of his pov and why he would react this way. Let me just find the section in the LN real quick and spoiler it. It goes into more details on HIS pov on the matter and I'm bad at articulating this so I'll leave it at that.

I just noticed that he doesn't go for her throat in the LN like he does in the anime.
ArkanietAug 14, 2023 1:50 AM
Aug 14, 2023 2:27 AM
Jun 2009
thebrentinator24 said:
Man it's so frustrating as the viewer to know Fitz's secret while Rudy remains oblivious. I just want to tell him so bad 😭😭

So Zanoba is so....into statues that not only does he do lewd things to them, but he, Fitz, and Rudy went out of their way to get a slave that they'll teach how to make figurines for Zanoba lol. Rudy having that conversation with Julie was depressing, but in the end she didn't want to die and is now being cared for so that's nice. A slower episode this week, but it still went by quick as usual.

ChickenDan said:
Isekai & unnecessary slavery

name a more iconic duo
An isekai with a medieval fantasy setting has slavery? No way 😱😱😱
Oh shit, there was slavery in the past!? I never knew.
Aug 14, 2023 3:59 AM
Aug 2021
I mean, Rudeus I feel like is lowly getting closer to realizing who Fitz is.
and they got a slave?
I mean good they got her out but I was slightly hoping he would be a bit more hesitant.
and also a lofty goal to buy a person for no? ah different times I guess.
Aug 14, 2023 4:22 AM
Oct 2019
Rudy "am i Gae?" arc begun!!

OF COURSE THERE IS A SLAVE TOO... GOD DAMN IT. JUST WHY?
YEAHH RISING THE SHIELD HERO?
Aug 14, 2023 4:27 AM
Mar 2018
MemersDankers said:
Its interesting that they portray the slave traders like a real life Arab slave traders

Well every culture has its own dark history on slavery so Don't point the blame only on arabs
Aug 14, 2023 4:38 AM
May 2022
This season is painstakingly slow. It’s not even taking it slow in an entertaining way. There’s almost nothing going on. Feel like I’m watching a slice of life at this point, only a depressing one.
Aug 14, 2023 4:39 AM
Apr 2022
Does someone know how to start a new discussion or post?
Aug 14, 2023 5:06 AM
May 2023
Loved the previous episode but found this one head scratching. I know this is a different fantasy world, but the plan was to buy a depressed child slave so that this one rich dude could have homemade porn sculptures?
Aug 14, 2023 5:06 AM

Apr 2020
Embient said:
Does swinging like that actually achieve anything? I've seen it in a loooot of anime but I still don't get it.
Also is it just me or the screen is always slightly moving? It's most noticable in scenes with little to no movement like 1:57. It's like in old movies, I like it.
Check out the full opening btw, it's good: https://youtu.be/fE9trKOuT3Q
7:44 This really reminded me of season 1 when they first met.
Poor Zanoba :'(
Slave market huh... This is going to get controversial.
Oh, so that's why Rudy has so damn much mana. I'm not sure if there was already an explanation though.
Languages! It's been a while since we've heard someone speak in a non-human language.
The title of the episode! I personally think that saying that she doesn't actually want to die makes her very strong.
Very good episode, it flew by.
I do kendo (I started kendo before getting into anime lol) and we practice the swinging to perfect the form and also it also trains the muscles that are needed for the swing, it also maintains the muscles.
Here's an a paragraph from this article I found

Why do suburi?
Suburi is good for building and maintaining strength in your kendo muscles, especially in your left hand and arm. For children a little bit of strength training is a good thing but don't overdo it. Teenagers who are not naturally strong, particularly girls, will really find their kendo improves from a technical point of view. They might also find kendo becomes more fun because they achieve more winning cuts by having a sharper cutting action.
As you get more experienced, strength becomes secondary. Suburi becomes more like what practicing scales is to a musician: they keep you in touch with your instrument. Even if you can't get to training, you will notice a big difference in your kendo if you do suburi in between trainings, as compared with if you do nothing.
Keep checking with your sensei that your technique is good. Doing regular suburi at home is only useful if it is correct suburi.
Aug 14, 2023 5:07 AM

May 2015
isadoroclay said:
This season is painstakingly slow. It’s not even taking it slow in an entertaining way. There’s almost nothing going on. Feel like I’m watching a slice of life at this point, only a depressing one.

Well considering the vast majority of MT is SoL, it be safe to say you are watching a SoL
Aug 14, 2023 5:28 AM
Mar 2022
Perfect isekai which I ever watched in my live till now
Aug 14, 2023 5:38 AM

Mar 2019
hh_astolfo25 said:
MemersDankers said:
Its interesting that they portray the slave traders like a real life Arab slave traders

Well every culture has its own dark history on slavery so Don't point the blame only on arabs

I don't blame them, of course, I just think it's the first time i've seen slave traders who don't look european
【LESSSS GOOOOOO】

- Convertible car
Aug 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Feb 2022
Comander-07 said:
Even with everything going on in this show I have to say even if I disagree with it I can atleast understand it, well you can probably guess the very specific issue I am talking about, but Rudeus just naturally beeing okay with slavery is something I really dont buy.
Not even a single line about the moral issue of slavery from him? He was an adult in modern japan and he doesnt see any issue with slavery? Thats the most disgusting thing I have seen from this show, which is really something considering the disgusting things he already tried in S1..
This is really surprising to me, I thought his bad behaviour was supposed to be a thing from the past which he is aware about, but this wasnt even portrayed like a big deal?
Yes he wasnt a fan of the individuals situations once he saw them but he really had 0 issue with the concept itself..

Ps: The cure for ED are traps, this anime confirmed it
As far as story telling goes, the fact he had a previous life seems to serve only the purpose of having the viewers angry at him.
It's kinda funny how he has this history with him but it doesn't affect at all how the people in his world view him, no attempt to translate any real world influence or morals through him.
Heck for the purpose of the story you could remove the past life entirely and it would work just the same, all his problems could very well be the same in a regular troubled youth.
The only difference would be the moral questions that the viewers have, his private life and past as far as the story went so far in the anime exists only for us.
Aug 14, 2023 6:49 AM

Feb 2021
He got a slave now :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 14, 2023 7:31 AM
Sep 2017
I absolutely hate this episode, why did we have to do the slave trope? There was zero reason for this storyline and it actually tarnishes so much for this show, hugely disappointed. Here’s hoping they can come back from it but I have little hope.
Aug 14, 2023 8:02 AM

May 2015
JoycelynB said:
I absolutely hate this episode, why did we have to do the slave trope? There was zero reason for this storyline and it actually tarnishes so much for this show, hugely disappointed. Here’s hoping they can come back from it but I have little hope.

If you're going to virtue signal about slavery, you might want to hide Shield Hero is one of your higher rated shows
Aug 14, 2023 8:34 AM
Apr 2023
Emad0140 said:
can someone explain this to me? Has Sylphiette lost her memory? Why doesn't she tell Rudeus about herself ?
Are you not watch the episode 0 yet?, it will answer every question you ask right now
Aug 14, 2023 8:36 AM
Apr 2023
El-Melloi said:
I wish Ruijerd was here, he would have freed all of these people. Apart from that, it's cute to see Syphie spend time with Rudeus, the ED made it seem like she was always going to be on her own and watching him from afar.
but then the problem remain, where will those kids go. There is no way Ruijerd can afford to take care all of them. beside unlike other children that are saved from kidnapping. most of the slave are sent  there because of debt
Aug 14, 2023 8:38 AM
Apr 2023
CorayyAnime said:
Like save some slaves what the hell?
Weird episode tbh.
bruh... they buy slave not because they want to save her. but because they want to find someone who can make figure for Zanoba. watch the episode smh....
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

355 by lasodamos »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

454 by eddy_spaghetti »»
May 21, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2023

509 by Selltar »»
May 15, 12:12 PM

» Who was this blue haired girl from the badigadi ep?

Kitsune_089 - May 5

14 by Bertrammollen »»
May 11, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

299 by sharosharo »»
May 4, 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.