Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2023 2:46 PM
Oct 2022
Kana's shirt 😭
Jun 14, 2023 2:48 PM
Sep 2020
SantielQuiro said:
i dont know who is the best character in this episode, Mem or Kana?
I would say Mem since we get her back story and really get to see more of her character. Helps to round out her role in the story.

While a lot of Kana's crucial character development is starting here, I anticipate she will steal the spotlight later on. 
Jun 14, 2023 2:49 PM
Aug 2020
It was a good épisode, interesting the way of adaptation for Akane songs.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 14, 2023 2:49 PM

Apr 2022
Another brilliant ep, last 2 episodes on the horizon. It will be sad when it finish.
Jun 14, 2023 2:53 PM

May 2018
Kana-chan is just too good at what she does, it's just the mentality that's not there yet! I hope she goes back to her glory days soon :3
Jun 14, 2023 2:55 PM

Sep 2018
How can this be ending when it feels like it's totally in full flow.

So much still to be explored

Kana still needing to be kissed (and more)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 14, 2023 2:55 PM
Oct 2022
Lordbricktrick said:
SantielQuiro said:
i dont know who is the best character in this episode, Mem or Kana?
I would say Mem since we get her back story and really get to see more of her character. Helps to round out her role in the story.

While a lot of Kana's crucial character development is starting here, I anticipate she will steal the spotlight later on. 

Thats true, im really interested in Kana's history
Jun 14, 2023 2:57 PM
Jan 2021
people finally realize who best girl is
Jun 14, 2023 3:20 PM

Apr 2018
Wow so they really made a character song out of this for Kana, with a pretty well-done MV! Everybody who thought this episode is gonna be relatively bland must be blown away. I'm really moved, almost shed tears of joy :)

(In the lore, Kana is supposed to be the one with the best singing abilities in the current group. Han Megumi actually mentioned in her interview that the audition also included a singing part. She thought she acted well, but was afraid that she didn't sing that well, and she was quite surprised upon hearing the news that she was selected for the role.)

The よくわかる ("easy to understand") series of books is what Kana has been reading throughout the series. Why is each book always about some weird animal though lol. For example, in chapter 22/episode 5 she was reading about frilled lizard. In this episode, the book Aqua was reading on the bench is the same as the one Kana later read on the sofa, and it's about "Internet sea slug" (インターネットウミウシ).

Not sure if this is a gag or some inside joke by Aka and Yokoyori, or they just deliberately came up with some exotic book name so that people can't easily ignore this item.

(I remember in a certain episode Kana was reading a book from the same series about managing parking lots… which makes some more practical sense.)

Not sure if the series are something bought by Kana herself due to her curiosity and Aqua later rented, or something Kana rented from Aqua, or something the agency has to kill time.

The music around 6:50 sounds like some uplifting music from a JRPG lol.

Seeing that Mem also only has her mom making an appearance (same as Akane and Kana), it seems that every character in this story has their dad either missing or evil… Does Aka has a dad issue 😅. Or I guess this is also a deliberate theme of the story (similar to how
).
Jun 14, 2023 3:24 PM
Mar 2019
BANGER EPISODE GOD DAMN
Jun 14, 2023 3:37 PM

Dec 2018
Beautiful song from Kana! Her video song is animated beautifully too! She's obviously going to be the center girl.

Ruby's is still the less achievement for now, hope she shine more like her mother soon.

MEM-cho is 25? Not so old... But maybe it's old for Japan Idol standard...*shrugs*
Almost everyone surprised MEM on her mid twenties... It's super normal for some to have younger look than the real age. I'd remember some 18 years old kid thinks I'm under 18 (younger than her) that time while I'm actually already 25 with 1 daughter on year 2018. Ahaha. Now I'm 30.... Even a old lady surprised on this year hearing I already married and think I'm a young girl..

Jun 14, 2023 3:47 PM
Jun 2022
MEM-cho is a MILF!? 
Jun 14, 2023 4:30 PM
Mar 2020
jesus cristo amado
Jun 14, 2023 4:32 PM
Aug 2018
First I'll Go With Sweet Today, and now this music video! This show is too gorgeous and has too many cute girls just to give Kana these sakuga shots. Her tsundere act annoyed me, but she's a teen, and it fits her personality.

God, the second it was revealed that Mem-cho lied about her age, I hoped she was 20-23, not 25; I just graduated from university at 24 and will turn 25 next month. Her story hit too close to home. We both were on the cusp of our dreams, but life threw a wrench into it.
Jun 14, 2023 4:45 PM
Jan 2021
very good show !!!
Jun 14, 2023 4:45 PM
Mar 2011
I thought she was gonna reveal she was in her 30s. That over the top reaction to 25 seemed excessive for how young she is.
Jun 14, 2023 4:51 PM
Apr 2021
Arima definitely best
Jun 14, 2023 4:53 PM
Aug 2021
vreyyyyy ggooooooood
Jun 14, 2023 4:58 PM

Oct 2022
sorta underwhelming after i felt the show really hit its stride with akane's plot, but i still prefer the idol-industry stuff to the plot of the first few episodes.
Jun 14, 2023 5:06 PM
Jan 2023
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebs
Jun 14, 2023 5:08 PM

May 2022
Arima Kana really likes Aqua and I feel sad for her. ;-;

So Mem-Cho apparently is that old??? That was unexpected.

It's nice they are now exploring Ruby's group.
Jun 14, 2023 5:09 PM

Jun 2021
2 episodes to go!! Really hope they announce a season 2 right away like they did with eminence of a shadow... I really don't want to wait a couple years to get it adapted :'(
Jun 14, 2023 5:26 PM
Oct 2019
Mem-Cho joined B-Komachi!!

Kana bad singer? stop the cap right now!!
god damn, she is really good.

now we know who should be the center of B-Komachi.
Jun 14, 2023 5:36 PM
Aug 2020
I loved that story. That episodes content was great.
Jun 14, 2023 5:53 PM

Oct 2021
Kana's pretty good for a failed singer, she's definitely talented enough to be B-Komachi's centre.
Jun 14, 2023 6:30 PM
May 2023
another episode full of character developement, great music and outstanding art and animation!
Jun 14, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2019
Arima prob should be the center cuz she the best at singing.
Jun 14, 2023 6:41 PM

Oct 2021
PHENOMENAL! I'm giving this episode 5 stars out of 5 just because of that "Full Moon" insert song from Kana Arima! Oh boy! What a show this is!

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 14, 2023 6:44 PM

Dec 2012
Whoa that was smooth

Jun 14, 2023 6:50 PM
Jun 2022
this entire anime is a masterpiece
Jun 14, 2023 6:55 PM

Jan 2011
i kinda enjoyed this episode outta most of them quite a lot lol (while nothing to write home i prefer the idol plot over the edgy find Ai's killer plot)  and  mostly because there wasn't really any super dumb stuff 

didn't really need the last scene to get the point across that Kana is super good why'd she show up on her own lol?

...sheesh  MEM-cho  now i see why she wasn't really gunning for anyone on the show 18 or even 19 would've been fine but 25...  well i guess i understand her desire to be a idol since she missed those prime years even if shes considered a ol baba  by idol standards  but with the power of anime she forever looks 17 anyways 
Jun 14, 2023 6:56 PM

Oct 2021
IamAnaRCHy said:
there has to be another season or 2 right?
Studio Doga Kobo has to announce it by the end of episode 11. I hope with all my heart that the studio will announce it right after episode 1 of the anime aired. Not doing it with be like forfeiting/missing out on all the profits of this popular anime. 

Marianne

Jun 14, 2023 7:11 PM

Aug 2017
The revived Komachi-B gets another member! Mem-cho will make a great addition to the idol group.
Kana Arima's full moon song is wholesome af. It was such a breath of fresh air seeing this part of the manga get animated.
Yup. Kana rightfully deserves to be the center of the group. This girl is multi-talented and cute.

Jun 14, 2023 7:18 PM
Jun 2023
I feel you Kana, sometimes we are very tought with ourselfs. The episode was ok, give us some context.
Jun 14, 2023 7:31 PM

Apr 2022
yet another banger of an episode. memcho has joined b-komachi by conquering her age troubles.
the pacing is just perfect, real clever to put arima's song right before the ending song.
her songs do slap as well, the bell pepper exercise one as well lmao.

as good as ruby and memcho are, best girl arima does deserve to be in the center.
Jun 14, 2023 7:32 PM
Jun 2022
Arima Kana enjoyers rise up
Jun 14, 2023 7:34 PM
Mar 2019
another great episode! Hoping Ruby can improve her singing to be the center she was destined to be.
Jun 14, 2023 7:57 PM
Nov 2022
Full idol's episode xd

I loved it, we could see how MEM joined the group and wow, I didn't think she would be 25 years old haha

It seems that Aqua broke Kana's heart, but hey, if she's not direct either, it's really not Aqua's fault xdd

What a goooood song, it goes straight to my playlist, Kana's VA sings very well.

We didn't see Akane this week, hopefully next week we'll see some interaction with Ruby or something.
Jun 14, 2023 8:08 PM
May 2023
it was pretty good story wise but pacing wise, it felt like hardly anything happened. I hope they are planning on doing more then 12eps because waiting for a weeks or two for the ep to be so lack luster is kinda of sad, especially when the animation quality is top notch in this.
Jun 14, 2023 8:13 PM
Aug 2020
IamAnaRCHy said:
there has to be another season or 2 right?
nothing confirmed yet but the manga is still ongoing and this season will only adapt until chapter 40(last chapter as of writing this comment is 120) so high chance of a second season(or most likely seasons). also according to comments online the next arc that will supposedly be in season 2 is the most popular and loved arc in the manga so far.
of course there is always a chance of a sequel movie like bunny girl senpai so yeah nothing sure until a confirmation from the studio
Jun 14, 2023 8:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
While I think this might be one of the lesser episodes of the series so far, I do think the idols needed some focus after being in the background for most of the show so far. With the newly added Mem-Cho we actually have a decent sized group now and she’s already fit in nicely with Kana and Ruby, but I’ll say I was surprised to find out she’s 25 lol, she’s a decent amount older than Ruby and Kana then.

And this episode kinda reminded me of one aspect I don’t like about idols, and that’s the fact they have to have a center, I think every member of the group is important kinda like a band and having a center takes a lot of attention away from the rest of the group, but I do get why a center is needed as well, just a bit of a shame lol, I guess the same could be said about the lead singer of a band in a lot of cases.

And lastly, damn wasn’t expecting Kana’s music video, it was nice and also surprising to see, and I noticed she had an awesome score at karaoke at the end there so she’s apparently an amazing singer, this makes me wonder if they’ll end up using one of Kana’s songs for their performance which would be really cool to see.
Jun 14, 2023 8:41 PM

Oct 2021
Oh my goodness! I didn't even noticed the "Baking Soda" shirt until someone pointed it above and screenshoted Kana's shirt! LOL!

Marianne

Jun 14, 2023 8:47 PM

Oct 2021
Nymbris said:
What I'm seeing is, I'm pretty sure that this is PEAK.
She looks adorable! She is the lovely picture who represents the summer and the sun!

Marianne

Jun 14, 2023 8:54 PM

Oct 2021
pixelante said:
Ah damn it, Aqua and Kana came so close to talking things out and the opportunity slipped away. Aqua might be really smart, but he doesn't seem to understand why kissing Akane on Love Now would upset Kana. I really do hope they patch things up.
I was surprised by this, too. As a viewer, I got goosebumps when Aqua had the audacity to approach Kana even if she bad-mouthed him ealier in the episode and called him a "womanizing house steward" or something like that. LOL! I thought he'd initially get the idea that she's avoiding him and that it's best to stay distant from her even for the meantime. But no...Aqua coolly walked towards her like a cucumber and handed her a bottled water... 

And Kana...what even was that response that you gave earlier?! Studio Doga Kobo could have used "lady killer" or "philandering cad" instead... 😂.

Anyway, if I was in Kana's position and a guy like Aqua (who's my close friend) approached me, tried to talk to me to patch things up, etc. and he said that he'll be hurt because of my bad mouth, aggressive tone, and all that...honestly, I would be dumbfounded and flustered like Kana, too. I would react in the same way that Kana called out to Aqua...

So, in many ways, I guess girls can relate to Kana a lot more than they can relate to Akane because of reasons like floundering around the guy you like...

Marianne

Jun 14, 2023 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
Phantom667 said:
I really wanna see more of the whole murder mystery stuff. But I understand that isn’t the whole focus of the show.

Mem’s easily my favourite character.

you might not see this or someone would have already replied, but the manga right now is super focused on thr revenge plot. it has been so for the past 15-20 chapters. so you could maybe read the manga to know more.

(there is another important arc related to the revenge before the ongoing arc too)
Jun 14, 2023 9:05 PM
Aug 2019
Como a Kana é perfeita, meu Deus do Céu.
Jun 14, 2023 9:47 PM

Oct 2020
Awkward dialogue that was lacking in logic, Kana’s surliness feels forced, really not big on all the time jumping, and all that just for the end reveal? Waste of time.

Watching the scene of Aqua and the producer just felt off.  The dialogue felt so robotic, there’s no flare to what either says, it comes off as exposition for the sake of it.  Aqua acts surprised at one point and asks why the producer says as much as he does about himself. Aqua, aren’t you the one who got him interested enough to speak about someone who, oh I don’t know, is dead, and to a so-called obsessed fan?

Then there’s Kana… Gotta say, thought I’d love her after she re-entered the story in eps 3-4 but after that Kana’s enjoyability went down the drain. I don’t mind the reveal about her singing but that took forever to reveal and isn’t a worthy cliffhanger. Everything about her now is unfunny and a bit forced compared to her likability in episode 3.

Mem-cho is undoubtedly the best part of today’s episode.  I just wish the rest was as high quality but alas it dragged it’s feet s bit.
Jun 14, 2023 11:12 PM
Feb 2022
The Animation is better and better every episode, cool
Jun 14, 2023 11:17 PM
Apr 2021
Not as emotional as the previous few episodes but I like that Arima is being fleshed out! 5/5 because oshi no ko’s lesser episodes are still better then most other shit
Jun 14, 2023 11:26 PM

Dec 2021
We finally get a Ruby focused episode! YES! BEST GIRL WINS AGAIN!
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular?

Mattenan - Yesterday

47 by Kaze1214 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.