Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 31, 2023 8:06 PM

Nov 2020
soulgoodguy said:
SanessyAdversary said:

Huh, so you also would disrespect a director like that without respecting while he didn't do a good job at directing? so ig perfection exists for delusional people.
Criticism is fine as long as it doesn't lead to certain bad aspects yk.
Perfection doesn't exist end take.
STFU! ive read Fire punch and chainsawman before the freaking anime, and I didn't enjoyed the adaptation one bit. The director sure likes to go "realism and cinematic" but he avoided making use of "anime" medium to go all out! FFS! its anime go bonkers! instead we get a middling adaptation thats try to be TO DEEP and cinematic that it ends up fucking FLAT!

K-k-kINO?! right CHAINSAW KEKS!
I swear I've only heard chainsaw cringelords use the word kino. They use it as much as other fans use "peak" and "mid" lmao.
Hard coping fools
Jan 31, 2023 8:15 PM
Jan 2023
Well, even if the BDs didn't sell that well I'm sure the streaming license and the TV broadcast money made up for it.
Jan 31, 2023 8:15 PM

Mar 2021
Ctes said:
V1P3R0P said:

Thats what you call advertising. Japanese people even started a petition to remake the Chainsaw man because they hated this adaptation.

yes there will always be people complaining especially when its that popular but its a very small amount of people.

if it wasnt popular already there would be no point i advertising and spending that much money, just as we dont se as much eva stuff in the rest of the world.

Do you even hear what you are talking or are you just speaking without thinking?
Advertisements are done to increase popularity and not vice versa. And in Japan, Blu-Ray sales matter because the shows are streamed on TV.

Could ypu otherwise explain why Bocchi the Rock or My Hero Academia have better BD sales than CSM? Fuck!! even an Isekai like Eminence in Shadow has better sale than Chainsaw man. And these shows did not advertise like CSM.

CSM failed to spark within the Home audience. Yes, it was very popular among Foreign audience and it was a highly viewed show in streaming sites like Crunchyroll and like I said earlier in my other comment, this was probably kept in mind. If you still want to believe that its popular in Japan, then I'll leave you to that. Its a real pain to convonce someone who can't agree to disagree...
V1P3R0PJan 31, 2023 8:21 PM
Jan 31, 2023 8:17 PM

Nov 2007
WhorneyGirl said:
soulgoodguy said:
STFU! ive read Fire punch and chainsawman before the freaking anime, and I didn't enjoyed the adaptation one bit. The director sure likes to go "realism and cinematic" but he avoided making use of "anime" medium to go all out! FFS! its anime go bonkers! instead we get a middling adaptation thats try to be TO DEEP and cinematic that it ends up fucking FLAT!

K-k-kINO?! right CHAINSAW KEKS!
I swear I've only heard chainsaw cringelords use the word kino. They use it as much as other fans use "peak" and "mid" lmao.
Hard coping fools
Seconded, im sure the delusional chainsawkek fan boys are saying KINO! when the anime aired and KINO again when the director said his views on anime....KINO!!!!
Jan 31, 2023 9:13 PM

Dec 2019
gakupoid said:
I have watched hundreds of shows that are unlike this one. I still gave this a 7. But it needs to be said that what it was trying to do was just not engaging for the majority of anime fans. The Makima scenes were the most unbearable because they kept panning to different parts of her face and body while she's talking for no reason. Aki cooking scene was fine but it still felt like "look at our budget". Just all around a joke. 
You are literally complaining that they put effort into it. Fucking anime fans lol, so used to bland trash that any kind of upward deviation in direction or production quality is unfathomable lmao
Jan 31, 2023 9:21 PM

Nov 2007
JesseBoi said:
gakupoid said:
I have watched hundreds of shows that are unlike this one. I still gave this a 7. But it needs to be said that what it was trying to do was just not engaging for the majority of anime fans. The Makima scenes were the most unbearable because they kept panning to different parts of her face and body while she's talking for no reason. Aki cooking scene was fine but it still felt like "look at our budget". Just all around a joke. 
You are literally complaining that they put effort into it. Fucking anime fans lol, so used to bland trash that any kind of upward deviation in direction or production quality is unfathomable lmao
LOL says the NHK enjoyer HAHAHAHAHA
Jan 31, 2023 10:01 PM
Jan 2016
V1P3R0P said:
Ctes said:

yes there will always be people complaining especially when its that popular but its a very small amount of people.

if it wasnt popular already there would be no point i advertising and spending that much money, just as we dont se as much eva stuff in the rest of the world.

Do you even hear what you are talking or are you just speaking without thinking?
Advertisements are done to increase popularity and not vice versa. And in Japan, Blu-Ray sales matter because the shows are streamed on TV.

Could ypu otherwise explain why Bocchi the Rock or My Hero Academia have better BD sales than CSM? Fuck!! even an Isekai like Eminence in Shadow has better sale than Chainsaw man. And these shows did not advertise like CSM.

CSM failed to spark within the Home audience. Yes, it was very popular among Foreign audience and it was a highly viewed show in streaming sites like Crunchyroll and like I said earlier in my other comment, this was probably kept in mind. If you still want to believe that its popular in Japan, then I'll leave you to that. Its a real pain to convonce someone who can't agree to disagree...

i can easily agree to disagree, you never said we will just have to leave it at that its fine by me, if we cant argue we wont get anywhere but theres no point in just yeeling to the internet.

Blu rays can easily be explained, by perhaps they arent selling that many because they dont need to.

maybe they dont advertise or stock high amounts of blu rays, exactly because they dont need the sales like bocchi.

if you look at streaming numbers i can almost guarantee the numbers are wildly the opposite, no where did bocchi do better than csm and in no way did csm do poorly thats just a crazy statement, a series that popular earns you money there is no argueing in that.
Jan 31, 2023 10:10 PM
Aug 2022
Ctes said:
V1P3R0P said:

i can easily agree to disagree, you never said we will just have to leave it at that its fine by me, if we cant argue we wont get anywhere but theres no point in just yeeling to the internet.

Blu rays can easily be explained, by perhaps they arent selling that many because they dont need to.

maybe they dont advertise or stock high amounts of blu rays, exactly because they dont need the sales like bocchi.

if you look at streaming numbers i can almost guarantee the numbers are wildly the opposite, no where did bocchi do better than csm and in no way did csm do poorly thats just a crazy statement, a series that popular earns you money there is no argueing in that.
lmao the streaming numbers are high outside Japan where they give dogshit revenue. Do you think crunchyroll is some considerate company? Crunchyroll will keep most revenue for themselves and give only fraction to studio
Jan 31, 2023 10:11 PM

Mar 2021
DeFa- said:
CrazyFrogz said:

Remake is possible but you need at least to wait 10-20 years more.

Different studio for season 2 - Bad things to production will happen if change studio. Same thing happen like OPM season 2, hataraku maou sama season 2 and 7 deadly sins. If you care for csm anime, different studio is worst thing.
True but then again this surprised me that its getting remade only after 2 years.

Yeah its a risky move, iam not a fan of the current direction but id rather it continue like this than something horrible happening

I wish it was so but there is no way for that to be a remake

Jan 31, 2023 10:21 PM

Feb 2019
V1P3R0P said:
I think these numbers are only Japanese sales. It is well known that CSM is not very popular in Japan compared to the rest of the world. So probably MAPPA has been aiming for overseas sales fhan home since the beginning.

It’s the 8th best selling manga of 2022 and the most popular manga on manga plus so I’m pretty sure it is popular in Japan
Jan 31, 2023 10:22 PM
Jan 2016
Badguy_oncel said:
Ctes said:

lmao the streaming numbers are high outside Japan where they give dogshit revenue. Do you think crunchyroll is some considerate company? Crunchyroll will keep most revenue for themselves and give only fraction to studio

you are aware that most earnings these days come from streaming
Jan 31, 2023 10:23 PM

Mar 2021
HoesEatinDogFood said:
V1P3R0P said:
I think these numbers are only Japanese sales. It is well known that CSM is not very popular in Japan compared to the rest of the world. So probably MAPPA has been aiming for overseas sales fhan home since the beginning.

It’s the 8th best selling manga of 2022 and the most popular manga on manga plus so I’m pretty sure it is popular in Japan

The popularity in question here is not of the manga. The manga was popular even before the anime aired. We are talking about the Anime over here. Just go through other threads in this topic and you'll probably get a picture of what the discussion over here is....
Jan 31, 2023 10:26 PM

Jun 2016
Lmao, I only read the manga part and its like around 2021 jan, don't remember most stuff but remember the gist of it and yet to watch the anime as its got so much praise but now I see that's mostly because of the western audiences. I hope they do something about the direction as if this continues Season 2 might be in danger if it actually happens. 
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Jan 31, 2023 10:27 PM

Mar 2021
Ctes said:
V1P3R0P said:

How hard is it for you to understand that my point from the beginning was them focusing on Overseas popularity. Even if the stocks were limited, less than 2k sales in a week is still a pathetic number. Even for a limited stock sale, The numbers should have been atleast 5k or more. It not even crossing 2k Just shows how badly it is viewed in Japan.
Jan 31, 2023 10:41 PM

Sep 2016
Chainsawmid
thanks to the anime-hating director and the biggest miscast in the history for Makima
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 31, 2023 10:51 PM
Sep 2012
Badguy_oncel said:

Not talking about oversea since there is no publish data. CSM literally top in Japan streaming site and TV rating. Episode 9,10,11 & 12 have TV viewership of 6 Million. Bleach have tv view around 2 Million. Bocchi not appear on tv rating at all from episode 1-12.

EurycomaJan 31, 2023 11:14 PM
Jan 31, 2023 10:51 PM
Jan 2023
The failure chainsaw man,
RIP

JJK will always remain as modern masterpiece
Jan 31, 2023 10:54 PM
Jan 2016
V1P3R0P said:
Ctes said:

How hard is it for you to understand that my point from the beginning was them focusing on Overseas popularity. Even if the stocks were limited, less than 2k sales in a week is still a pathetic number. Even for a limited stock sale, The numbers should have been atleast 5k or more. It not even crossing 2k Just shows how badly it is viewed in Japan.

i do understand, i agree blu ray numbers were bad, but i disagree with that meaning anything or saying anything about the popularity and how well it did.

if its the most streamed thing in japan, then it doesnt really matter that they only sold 2k blu rays.
Feb 1, 2023 12:24 AM
作画

Nov 2019
SanessyAdversary said:
nwssx said:
you sure are coping a lot fam. Chainsaw Man was a complete failure thanks to Nakayama's cringey interpretation and horrendous direction, imagine letting a guy that quite literally hates anime direct a project this big, it was BOUND to end up in failure.
Huh, so you also would disrespect a director like that without respecting while he didn't do a good job at directing? so ig perfection exists for delusional people.
I'm not seeking perfection and I know it doesn't exist at all, I'm just calling Nakayama's direction bad to the point of no return (they can't possibly change the "cinematic" approach he tried to achieve, failing), he ruined this project because he hates anime (https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2054498)
nwssxFeb 1, 2023 12:30 AM
Feb 1, 2023 12:44 AM

Nov 2007
nwssx said:
SanessyAdversary said:
I'm not seeking perfection and I know it doesn't exist at all, I'm just calling Nakayama's direction bad to the point of no return (they can't possibly change the "cinematic" approach he tried to achieve, failing), he ruined this project because he hates anime (https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2054498)
If he wanted to direct an anime and apply IRL cinematics, the best example to go with is black lagoon, since that setting is grounded. AND NOT FREAKING OVER THE TOP like CSM
Feb 1, 2023 8:14 AM

Apr 2020
I know that it will do a lot better when it gets an international release but its pretty funny to see how horribly its being received in Japan
guess that petition wasn't just the loud minority lol
I can't even function as a human being anymore.
Feb 1, 2023 10:41 AM

Mar 2021
DeFa- said:
meyve said:

I wish it was so but there is no way for that to be a remake
I'm pretty sure it is. They are remaking it faithfully so they can fully adapt later stuff in the manga.

I do not think so. They never said they would "remake", the only reason people say that is because the title has the word "restart" in it. I don't think they will entirely re-animate an anime that was made 2 years ago.

Feb 1, 2023 11:36 AM

Mar 2021
DeFa- said:
meyve said:

I do not think so. They never said they would "remake", the only reason people say that is because the title has the word "restart" in it. I don't think they will entirely re-animate an anime that was made 2 years ago.

what do you think it means when it has "restart" in the title then?

I'm not sure maybe it's just a season 2 announcement. (Idky they didn't say so then) But my guess is that they would animate the content cut from the manga and add it into the footage of season 1. (something like season 1.5) It even may be a movie announcement, the remake is the least likely option here

Feb 1, 2023 12:12 PM

Jan 2008
I am not surprised. CSM was not made for anime fans. I could actually feel a hatred for anime fans by the way it was directed. Now you guys are saying that the director hates anime, and that makes so much sense to me. Some things seemed to have been done to deliberately piss anime fans off.
DmonHiroFeb 1, 2023 12:25 PM
Feb 1, 2023 4:45 PM

Mar 2021
Even with the bonus video, case, and event registration ticket, this is the number of copies sold...not many.

Since video distribution has been enhanced, I felt that this must be having an impact....

Feb 1, 2023 9:31 PM

Jul 2017
That is a really sad number to witness for a series like this, especially with how it got trumped by some others in the very same season. I did hear that there were some critical opinions/conflicts that some fans had with the director of CSM online for how the series was adapted in a different fashion so maybe that played some part?
Feb 1, 2023 11:47 PM

Oct 2010
good, maybe now the fraud will be replaced with an actual capable director who reads manga
Feb 2, 2023 11:36 AM

Jan 2009
Ctes said:
deg said:

more like fans have too much expectations like it will beat demon slayer or at least jjk in profit but it will not happen if it cannot beat those on disc sales alone

show me anything from streaming and tv views, thats something worth discussing and believing in, it will constant top 3, spy family is insanely popular in japan so it light be up there on nr 1

ok we wait for this years oricon yearly top franchises report like this https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJOricon/status/1618060837113196544
Feb 2, 2023 3:06 PM

Jan 2021
From a financial standpoint, that number of sales is appallingly low. But anyway, they'll 100% take a risk and continue the anime.  

I don't read the manga, so I'm taking your opinions with a pinch of salt. Is it really that bad of an adaptation? 
Feb 2, 2023 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
kycnui said:
From a financial standpoint, that number of sales is appallingly low. But anyway, they'll 100% take a risk and continue the anime.  

I don't read the manga, so I'm taking your opinions with a pinch of salt. Is it really that bad of an adaptation? 
I find it funny that people just regurgitate the same buzzwords, I've yet to see a good take on why the "directing" or "cinematic" nature was bad. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Feb 2, 2023 4:24 PM

Sep 2016
kycnui said:

The anime is just very different compared to the manga in terms of overall tone. The anime is extremely grounded and goes for a hollywood movie aesthetic while the manga is super over the top with lots of humour and just a certain... "coolness" to it that the anime didn't quite catch. It's essentially the same story, with the same characters but presented in two entirely different ways.

I personally think the realistic approach for the anime was a two edged sword and worked very well in dialogue and slice of life scenes but less well in action scenes.
Feb 2, 2023 9:40 PM
Jan 2016
deg said:
Ctes said:

show me anything from streaming and tv views, thats something worth discussing and believing in, it will constant top 3, spy family is insanely popular in japan so it light be up there on nr 1

ok we wait for this years oricon yearly top franchises report like this https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJOricon/status/1618060837113196544

deal, i will whole heartedly admit my fault if it comes out that bocchi is over csm or csm isnt top 3.
Feb 2, 2023 9:41 PM

Dec 2015
I guess that's what happens when you try to pander to western audiences with "realism" instead of sticking to the charm the manga had. The fact that western audiences are the ones who pirate the most as well it's safe to say that those sales won't be affected much, #csmflop
no
Feb 2, 2023 9:43 PM
Jan 2016
deg said:
Ctes said:

but we can already see here that those numbers doesnt reflect the blu ray sales
Feb 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Oct 2019
Kinda crazy that people still bring Viewership here.

CSM is a shonen anime so lot of people will jump to the hype train.  it get tons of viewership is not surprise since it's one of the most anticipated anime of 2022

BD/DVD Sales also may not important this day BUT Due to the fact that MAPPA Is the only one on Production committee, BD/DVD Is really important for them

BD/DVD are not cheap and they are mostly treated as a collection piece or a mean through which one can show their apprecation to the staff and studio which is a point that should be mentioned more often but with that in mind the expectations surrounding this release were outstanding.

BD/DVDs are intrinsically niche products targeted at the "core" of your audience (they cost quite a lot).
BD sales mantter less in this day and age where streaming reigns supreme but those numbers do reflect how the "core" audience feels about product. Does it spell doom for CSM? No, but it is something to keep in mind for future

Feb 2, 2023 11:26 PM

Jan 2009
Ctes said:
deg said:

oricon includes disc sales dude
Feb 3, 2023 12:20 AM
Jan 2016
deg said:
Ctes said:

ofcourse which is why it being a quarter of jjk in just two-three months is impressive, and show how little blu rays matter, bocchi isnt even on the list.
Feb 3, 2023 2:03 AM

Jan 2021
Damn this is quite low. People should actually accept the fact that these are pretty low sales ESPECIALLY for an anime that was hyped so much. Also BD sales almost never do good overseas so I dont think we should expect much better sales from the rest parts of the world (that is if they are sold there).
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 3, 2023 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
Ctes said:
deg said:

ofcourse which is why it being a quarter of jjk in just two-three months is impressive, and show how little blu rays matter, bocchi isnt even on the list.

bocchi is part of 2023 report so thats why its not in here yet same with lycoris recoil
Feb 3, 2023 3:22 AM
Jan 2016
deg said:
Ctes said:

bocchi is part of 2023 report so thats why its not in here yet same with lycoris recoil

how is csm then not lycoris came out before?
Feb 3, 2023 3:25 AM

Jan 2009
Ctes said:
deg said:

the manga and merchandises of shueisha helps with csm way before the anime

youre new to this i see
Feb 3, 2023 3:28 AM
Jan 2016
deg said:
Ctes said:

youre new to this i see

makes sense thought it was series.

yeah im new to earnings since it never really mattered to me, i just have an extremely hard time believing csm didnt do well, and i dont think blu rays say anything about actual earnings.
Feb 3, 2023 3:34 AM

Jan 2009
Ctes said:
deg said:

youre new to this i see

makes sense thought it was series.

yeah im new to earnings since it never really mattered to me, i just have an extremely hard time believing csm didnt do well, and i dont think blu rays say anything about actual earnings.

it did well but there is only small anime boost as they call it and im sure shueisha is thankful they did not invest in the anime
Feb 3, 2023 11:41 AM

Jun 2015
Uh oh chainsaw sisters????
I don't feel so good...
KNY, JJK, and even that new CGDT anime bocchi the rock has at least 10x the sales...

I though we were supposed to be AOTD.
I thought this was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ???
So why did we only sell 1735 BD copies???

Can someone explain please?
For all the money poured into marketing, the millions of youtube views, and the
hype that every single anituber gave for this anime, why did we fail to outsell generic isekai slave harem #576???

I am worried about season 2...
I think i'm going to huff on some copium now...
Feb 3, 2023 6:22 PM

Sep 2016
Pakuu said:
Uh oh chainsaw sisters????
I don't feel so good...
KNY, JJK, and even that new CGDT anime bocchi the rock has at least 10x the sales...

I though we were supposed to be AOTD.
I thought this was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ???
So why did we only sell 1735 BD copies???

Can someone explain please?
For all the money poured into marketing, the millions of youtube views, and the
hype that every single anituber gave for this anime, why did we fail to outsell generic isekai slave harem #576???

I am worried about season 2...
I think i'm going to huff on some copium now...
*THIS IS MY LAST COPE* NA NA NA NA NAAA~
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 3, 2023 8:59 PM

Jun 2015
Enri_eu said:
Ochinchu said:
blu-ray sales in Japan is still relevant and many people in Japan will buy it as an appreciation for studio if they like the adaptation.  Shows like jjk and ds had ridiculous high blu-ray sales even in this streaming Era. I was expecting atleast 10k lol but these numbers are pathetic for s1 of hype show.

Most anime make huge profit during s1 were everyone will watch but the sequels will get less views and sales. Not everything can be aot Final season were many people who dropped starting watching it again
So the sequels always have huge drops and the first season is the one that sells the most? Are u sure? But thanks for the information
Probably the only exception are Love Live, Uma Musume and Gundam SEED.
Feb 3, 2023 10:19 PM
Jul 2015
AHHAHAHAH COPING CHAINSHOWFANS
Feb 4, 2023 11:18 AM
Jul 2015
Reading this board is the equivalent of witnessing a total breakdown in disbelieve lmao

Chainsaw Broke fans have the audacity to justify the poor sales because "streaming is popular nowadays, how old are you boomer" in circles. Mate, your most overhyped show somehow getting clown in 10:1 ratio by a no name pink hair slice of life show. It's just piss poor excuse at this rate. People vote their wallet for their favorite shows, you are just doing them dirty don't you think? 
Feb 4, 2023 4:09 PM

May 2019
Feb 7, 2023 7:19 AM

Dec 2022
https://twitter.com/SxFisthebest/status/1622879561389346816
Second week numbers for BD+DVD = 325
Oof
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

987 by Johny_Hotbody »»
2 minutes ago

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - Yesterday

11 by Naveen6662246 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.