Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2023 9:39 AM
Sep 2018
Probably the best anime for me this season!
Jan 8, 2023 9:47 AM

Oct 2010
Well that went from 0 to 100 quick with ep 11 setup and ep 12 finale.
Allot of things happen in this episode, pacing suddenly went into overdrive.
Suletta was manipulated quickly with the  same move forward to take two BS..
At least it was way more entertaining than the previous episodes.

Happy times are over, what is season 2 gonna bring?
Jan 8, 2023 9:51 AM
Oct 2019
Holy tomato smash
Jan 8, 2023 9:55 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Holy shit, what an ending. 
Jan 8, 2023 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
This episode took a dang dark turn. Guel just commited patricide. Suletta took no problem making a kill. Oh man. The ending was bloody.
Jan 8, 2023 10:17 AM
Jun 2019
I think the issue here is that she does this with a big smile on her face and that's pretty unsettling to say the least when she could've  just used her Gund-bits to shield Miorine and Delling from getting shot at or swept that guy away, but because of her mom's influence and manipulation she does that instead.
manofhonor1
Jan 8, 2023 10:25 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Suelleta Splatta moment, finally a real gundam protagonist.
Jan 8, 2023 10:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bloody last episode!!! kekeke

waiting for th second season1!!!!!
Jan 8, 2023 10:35 AM

Jan 2009
I know it's a Gundam show but that post credit scene still got me. I really hope we get Suletta back to her original self. I have some theories about what's going on but I still want a nice happy Yuri ending dammit!

Also the OST in this episode absolutely slapped.
Jan 8, 2023 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
tetrix1993 said:
Miorine calling Suletta who save her a "murderer" when she was about to get murdered. Ok. The end was creepy. Time to wait 3 months.

Ye calling her a murderer is so fucking dumb. That part was fucking bullshit.
Jan 8, 2023 10:38 AM

Mar 2019
That was fucking great. Jesus Christ, the animation in this episode... Gorgeous stuff, so freaking good.

Sophie was fucking annoying again in this episode, but other than that I loved everything I saw. Poor fucking Guel... Bro can't catch a break. Show creators are really torturing the bastard, lol. Post credit scene was fucking incredible. I know it clashes with who Suletta has been, but fuck it I welcome it. I want to see a different Suletta when this returns because I can't stomach more stuttering nervous stupidity.

Really excited to see where this goes now that the shit has hit the fan. I can't imagine they'll be returning to space high school for more duels after the attack on Delling and so many people dying. Hope we have some high stakes shit to look forward to on a normal basis moving forward.
Jan 8, 2023 10:55 AM
Aug 2007
Whoa wtf... that ending. So the series actually began only on episode 12.
Jan 8, 2023 11:00 AM
May 2021
For those who haven't been reading between the lines or paying attention to the all of the grim foreshadowing... all of the misdirection... I've been saying this from the get-go.. Don't trust this series.

Lurking behind the school settings, duels, and seishun quarrels is a dark story waiting to unfold. Now those who complained about Suletta being too frail/innocent will be begging to have giddy Tanuki back.

I've been holding on for dear life to my friggin' seat belt since ep 6, and still wasn't ready to see homicidal Suletta. It's been an hour, and I still have chills...
Jan 8, 2023 11:04 AM

Nov 2015
Welcome noobs, this is Gundam.
Seeya o7
Jan 8, 2023 11:33 AM

Dec 2008
Finally, Utena in space ended and Gundam proper begins.

I find the scene between Bob and his father similar to what happened between Kamille and his mother in Gundam Z, I wonder whether it was made only for shock factor or was it thought as a call back.

Suletta and Aerial have a bright future in ketchup industry ("If you're happy, clap your hands ♫" - sung to the beat of We will Rock You). Given that she was completely unfazed by the soup she just mashed, her past must have made her mind block some external stimuli just to keep her up and running. Alternatively, Prospera's  "If you run, gain one. Move forward, gain two." is a subliminal command similar to  "Would you kindly" from Bioshock, this might have some weight behind it, later Suletta didn't stutter. The jump between Suletta being scared for life wile dealing with life-threatening situation and looking at corpses to making Miorine terrified of tomatoes for the rest of her life is quite a leap. She had to somehow safe Miorine, but normally bubbly, and at times socially scared, Suletta not reacting to viscera covering her suit raises more than one eyebrow.

Also, I find Miorine calling Suletta a murderer seconds after almost being shot dead silly at best. Shock is the only saving grace here, calling her saviour a murderer after receiving education in school clearly preparing for combat operations and being a daughter of head of a company prospering from armed conflicts is quite hypocritical.

Lastly, as a fan of Zone of the Enders I grew to like the pattern that appears on pilots when they activate the system, it reminds me of Orbital Frames and energy patterns on their bodies.

Marinate1016 said:

Lastly, may be reading too deep into it but I wonder if the Earthian witches meant anything more with that “suletta onee-chan”… we’ll sadly have to wait like 4 months to find out, man life without lesbian gundam will suck.
To me it sounded like them akcnowledging kinship between the witches. 
desuminatorJan 8, 2023 11:43 AM
Jan 8, 2023 11:40 AM
Jul 2021
Watch this then do the prologue. It's so fking good, been a while since I've cried my shit out. F
Jan 8, 2023 11:42 AM

Jun 2011
Utterly shocked at the ending scene, I've come to really love Suletta so it really hit me hard.

Best Gundam show I've seen in a while, can't wait for next season.
Jan 8, 2023 11:50 AM

Aug 2020
This season put my hopes up and then threw it away with this sudden conclusion of season, but in a positive way. I'm looking forward to the 2nd cour definitely. What a conclusion of the first part...

May Miorine and Suletta have a better end than where they are now.

Jan 8, 2023 11:51 AM

Aug 2020
CaptLolicon said:
Utterly shocked at the ending scene, I've come to really love Suletta so it really hit me hard.

That smile was the very other end of what her mom told her lol

Jan 8, 2023 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
Good finale for the first season.  Possibly two dead dads and loads of trauma.  I will say the post credits scene was a bit forced and I found it a bit eye roll inducing how quick Miorine shifted to "ew murderer" after Suletta saved her.
Jan 8, 2023 12:04 PM

Jan 2015
Suletta saved her from dying and the only thing she could say was “murderer”???? So fucking dumb.
Anyways, absolutely amazing series and what a finale.

10/10
Jan 8, 2023 12:06 PM

Jun 2011
KitsuFreeze said:
CaptLolicon said:

That smile was the very other end of what her mom told her lol

Really just shows how innocent she is. I have my own guesses as to what's really going on with her and her "mom", and this pretty much cemented it.
Jan 8, 2023 12:12 PM

Nov 2021
I'm surprised people are feeling pretty mixed about the show. Personally, I think it deserves a 9, and at least an 8. This is my first Gundam show and it was an amazing experience. This show has some of the best sound design and OST I've heard, and the 2d animation for the Gundam fights were done perfectly and I was always on the edge of my seat. Hopefully season 2 is even better because the story has so much potential
Jan 8, 2023 12:13 PM

Jun 2011
I also want to add, the part where Guel starts crying and says he doesn't want to die. That crazy change of how I saw him as a character really hit. At that moment, he was just a scared guy. Really makes you think about mortality and how we take it for granted.
Jan 8, 2023 12:19 PM
Feb 2021
This episode made my jaw drop. The battles, the deaths, the father and the son... the final kill. Everything was awesome. This is my first Gundam
Jan 8, 2023 12:50 PM

Mar 2014
Brutal, I was expecting only a fight between Gundams, not a whole bloodfest xD

Pretty cool way to end the season.
Jan 8, 2023 12:51 PM
Oct 2020
yagakimilover said:
I'm surprised people are feeling pretty mixed about the show. Personally, I think it deserves a 9, and at least an 8. This is my first Gundam show and it was an amazing experience. This show has some of the best sound design and OST I've heard, and the 2d animation for the Gundam fights were done perfectly and I was always on the edge of my seat. Hopefully season 2 is even better because the story has so much potential

Wouldn’t be the first time gundam fans are mixed on one the series. So don’t be too surprised.

The divisiveness of this one reminds me of the divisiveness of Gundam ZZ. Which was equally light hearted for a long while in the first half, about 19 episodes or so. Both this and zz are over hated. This series, reception wise, is the zz of modern gundam.
Jan 8, 2023 12:54 PM
Apr 2020
Did not think i'd end up pitying guel poor guy has had it rough ever since suletta entered his life . Also an acceptable reaction from miorine i mean she is seeing someone die right in front of her for the first time that sure is traumatic .  Suletta just casually smashed that earthian lol lets see how thr relationship progresses
Jan 8, 2023 12:55 PM
Dec 2020
now we are beginning with a proper Gundam
Jan 8, 2023 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
Suletta fired, with no something anything explained to the masses. Just like putin and his lot likes it, everything among those who knowns already. Sad, sad. At least Miorine-chan is alive.
Jan 8, 2023 1:17 PM

Sep 2012
This ending omg, epic !
Can't wait for April !
Jan 8, 2023 1:20 PM
May 2014
This 180 at the end I LOVE IT! Also always wanted to see what happened at the last scene. So visceral.
Jan 8, 2023 1:25 PM
Aug 2020
Fuck Nika all my homies hate Nika
Jan 8, 2023 1:30 PM
Aug 2020
PrecureHunter said:
the only thing that really bothered me was the amount of holes the planet thingy had busted into it and none resulted in a vacuum... aside from that Suletta was way too quick to be okay with murder after a few words with her mom, but i guess she never really had any character aside from being insecure but having complete faith in her mom, so it fits
This is something I take issue with. Aside from the fact the Aerial fight was incredibly short and not particularly good in comparison to other duels, this being the climax of the season and the final fight one would expect Suletta to take out one of the earth witches crating an intense rivalry with the other one and setting something up for next season. Instead she literally just swats some NPC and seemingly traumatizes Miorine. It seems like a wasted moment only made to create a rift between the two right after they spent a solid scene reconciling.
Jan 8, 2023 1:36 PM
May 2017
Imagine if it would air without delays on Christmas. Great episode - solid direction and new BGM that slaps.
Jan 8, 2023 1:37 PM
Aug 2019
fuck Miorine, all my homies hate Miorine and likes Guel 
Jan 8, 2023 1:40 PM

Feb 2017
show is unironically shaping up to be one of the best gundam stories of all time, filtering people who've been conditioned on goyslop like seed wing and ibo like crazy
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Jan 8, 2023 1:43 PM
Aug 2017
Great ending!!! It really drives home why the Gundam technology is so feared.
Jan 8, 2023 1:51 PM
Feb 2018
After ED scene, one of the best written and produced shows in the past 2 decades alongside Edgerunners.
Jan 8, 2023 1:58 PM
Feb 2015
This ep 12... jeez... Why so much drama for that ending? We had enough the whole season. Stop! Just a vent..
Jan 8, 2023 2:01 PM
Jul 2016
The episode kept lagging on the site I used. So I downloaded it in 360p - it's like a tribute to the original 1979 anime!

Anyway, wtf Suletta!!!!!! "Run away, gain one. Move forward, gain two" is a terrible catchphrase if you can just use it to justify anything!
Jan 8, 2023 2:12 PM

Sep 2016
The gnat experience
Jan 8, 2023 2:19 PM
Feb 2019
I sincerely hope that the second part of this anime will feature a time-skip with these teenagers who are already adults in this second part of the anime and I also hope that there will be a ship between Miorine and Guel. guel hope you win a gundam too.
Jan 8, 2023 2:34 PM
Sep 2014
if only the entire season had been like this episode it would be a 10/10. What a fantastic season finale
Jan 8, 2023 2:40 PM

Jun 2016
What a great tragic episode! Suletta is so pure and naive, she crushed that guy and then get out of Aerial laughing while Miorine was traumatized, and Guel that accidentally killed his father.
Lady Prospera is both caring and creepy at the same time.
Jan 8, 2023 2:52 PM
Oct 2013
The OST, the animations, the last bloody splash.. everything was on point, 10/10 episode.
Now lets wait for the second cour.
7/10 overall
Jan 8, 2023 3:03 PM
Mar 2015
Suletta to the rescue She ends it with a bloody smash
landofthekwtJan 8, 2023 3:07 PM
Jan 8, 2023 3:12 PM

Sep 2008
everyone: wow that was shocking and violent
me: wow it was shocking that something gundam-like happened in a gundam show after 12 episodes of school sol yuribait.
they sure love taking risks, trying to please fans in the last minute.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 8, 2023 3:25 PM

Jan 2018
KuroNavi said:
haha imagine, your "fiance" killed someone who was trying to kill you to save you and you call them a murderer, well would you have preferred to have been killed instead? 

That's how a normal person would react. Can you remain unfazed after seeing someone literally squashing a person like a tomato?

Hell before that, even Suletta questioned her mother when she shoot that guy. But since Prospera has full grasp over Suletta that she looked over it. And because of Prospera, Suletta was completely oblivious of what she did. So Miorine's reaction to that is completely understandable. 

ARK-13Jan 8, 2023 11:20 PM
Jan 8, 2023 3:56 PM
Jan 2018
There is nothing more Gundam than killing people who aren't supposed to die. It took 12 episodes, but this show finally graduated into being a proper fucking Gundam show. Bravo.

I'm actually curious how season 2 is gonna be tonally. I want more psychological trauma, that delicious Gundam torture we have been conditioned to expect. But I want it to make sense. You can only get away with tonal whiplash so many times, word to Samurai Flamenco.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by that guys mosquito impression. Code Geass often had the most over the top violence and gore. I'm glad the spirit of Code Geass lives on in G-Witch.

I give this season 8 out of 10. Hopefully the next season will bring everything together in a fabulous fashion.

Speaking of fashion, Kill la Kill had a great, BELIEVABLE lesbian relationship with Ryuko and Mako. IMO, it because their relationship wasn't used as bait and had time to build into a couple you could believe in. I don't think most watchers have an issue with this show actually being yuri. They have a problem with the yuri bait. IMO, you gotta commit to the bit or leave it alone. But I guess my opinion doesn't matter, as a new Gundam show hasn't been this popular in the mainstream in a long, long time.

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A question

Shubhamb1996 - May 24

6 by AngelaWolter »»
Jun 3, 11:05 AM

» Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise Reaches Sales Record of 145.7 Billion Yen in 2024 Fiscal Year

deg - May 12

8 by Zedlin »»
May 13, 11:03 AM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

12 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 17, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.