Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 24, 2022 3:31 PM
Jan 2021
final episode of DIY CGDCT and they finished the treehouse, its so cute and cool... dont forget he finally got a software update!! such a cute ending this season. 
Dec 24, 2022 10:38 PM

Dec 2016
Minor animation issue @16:08 where Purin is no longer wearing tights but still bittersweet episode overall.
Dec 25, 2022 6:20 AM

Jun 2015
They delivered on yua x purin so I am satisfied.

All in all a great show. Will be missed!
Dec 25, 2022 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
i don't think a ton of people were watching this one in favor of much more exciting fall season shows, but i do hope it gains some traction over time. although so many CGDCT shows have their fair share of yuri-bait i feel like this one, for once, actually feels incredibly earnest in the way that it conveys the complicated feelings that end up surfacing as you and your friends get older ... this one resonated a lot with me. along with that, the art style and animation throughout was an absolute blast. not sure if i'll come back to it per say but i'll definitely be highly recommending it to any and all slice of life fans.
Dec 25, 2022 2:04 PM
Apr 2020
wonderful finale ; ) a bit sad jobko left but she will keep hold of the memories she made with DIY . Wonderful heartwarming series
Dec 25, 2022 5:26 PM
Mar 2012
Tree house looks nice. The sunflower stained glass good job Takumi.
Some episodes were good, some lost bit interest somehow. a few characters seem annoying but improved after. Purin had such an amazing development as a tsundere. Cute swing bench moment.
Was hoping for more educational bits on wood species/types, waterproof techniques for all those outdoor structures, clamp/nail types etc but overall was fine. I only did few diy haphazardly like Serufu at the start, so this is quite inspiring to build stuff better in the future.
Dec 26, 2022 4:22 PM
Apr 2022
it was such a cozy anime, i will miss it <33
Dec 26, 2022 4:26 PM

Feb 2021
Such a wholesome ending to an amazing series! Seeing Purin and Serufu together in the end just made me smile:) Its been really fun watching how the DIY club has developed overtime, really hope to see some extra mini series, OVA or any specials for this series! I also get a feeling that the OP song will be really nostalgic in the future if I ever hear it again!!
Dec 27, 2022 8:56 AM
Oct 2019
Jobko remain the best girl of the show.
Serufu and Purin friendship was too precious.

Good Job!
Borrowing Jobko catchphrase to describe all the staff and the VA's hard work for this Anime.
Absolutely love the cast and their chemistry.

What a beautiful and wholesome ending. kinda tearing up when Jobko goes back to America.

Until we meet again.
8/10
davidyodo24Dec 27, 2022 9:01 AM
Dec 27, 2022 10:54 AM
Jul 2021
The perfect ending to a first season but It is only worth it if there's a season after it.
Dec 29, 2022 6:09 AM

May 2015
Fresh and entertaining anime.

Do it Yourself !
Dec 30, 2022 5:49 AM

Aug 2021
Thank you for these laughs and your ingenious woodworking club ideas. The young men will want to follow in the girls' footsteps.
Dec 30, 2022 10:46 AM
Apr 2015
god tier cozy, enjoy
carrots!
Jan 1, 2023 8:57 PM
Sep 2022
I don't know why this was a Female Only world but it was very neat and relaxing to watch on tea time, gonna miss it
Jan 2, 2023 12:28 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This was a cute and sweet anime. One of my favorite parts was definitely Yua and Purin's interactions. Like I've said before, they actually feel like best friends (or maybe even more later on in their lives) and I thought that was really nice. This was a relaxing anime and I'm glad that they finished the treehouse/hideout without much trouble. Honestly, I can't imagine potential members staying away too long. I know at least at my college we had a little shack the students built called "Narnia". I only got to see the remains, but it was just a little shack on the hill that the students (mostly ceramics kiddos) would hang out in. Everyone was welcome though. People started smoking a looooot of weed there though, so the college got rid of it. But people would also just hang there and eat lunch on unique ceramic plates and such (since it was the ceramics class shack in the first place). I can only imagine that girls at the school will use it to hang out and probably get it torn down for doing whatever the heck in there. RIP Narnia
Anyway, nice anime. loved the animation. I do wish the other characters could have had a little more to them-- like poor Shii just...?? She just came out of nowhere, did her cat stuff, and didn't really have much else said about her. Even Jobko had a little something going on. Once Takumin's little join or don't join thing was done that was kinda the end of much meaningful with her too. And I guess Rei could have had more to her too. But overall, I enjoyed myself.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 2, 2023 4:43 PM

May 2021
It was a great final episode, though I noticed Miku somehow removed her tights at 16:10.
Jan 3, 2023 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
spacecrap said:
Luxeraph said:
Hm, Purin-chan do you have some feelings for Serufu you would like to share with the rest of us?

I was literally waiting for her to confess her feelings but yeah it would have been too good to be true

Except, she's not actually in love with her (at least not romantically) she just misses her best friend. She got hurt by Serufu telling her she didn't have to keep looking after her, then they end up going to different schools, and this is the whole reason Purin acts stuck up about her technological school compared to the DIY club, even though she clearly seems to enjoy DIY stuff too. I can understand how this is confusing as most tsundere characters act that way towards a romantic love interest.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 3, 2023 12:43 PM
Jan 2018
A perfect slice of life anime :) i love this girls, they need to be protected.
Jan 4, 2023 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
Comfy show with all the fun DIY stuff and also, while bit of a repetitive joke, the pig scared for his life and Purin's robot denied an update were also fun.

Jan 8, 2023 12:29 AM

Jan 2021
A great end to a great show. Probably the best CGDCT anime I've watched since Non Non Biyori or Yuru Camp (just counting seasonals), at least that I can remember.

Jan 8, 2023 5:31 PM

Jan 2020
Serafu and Miku essentially did everything except kiss. No one can tell me otherwise that they don't end up getting married. Yuri life!

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 9, 2023 12:59 AM

Dec 2018
I think It was so romantic. Miku made it very clear she wanna be with her girlfriend Serufu for the rest of her life and take care of her. Because it makes her so happy, and she won't take no for an answer

Awwwwww the little lesbian lovebirds are so cute together,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

For me, that was quite clearly a love confession and proposal. And Serufu accepted Miku to be her future lesbian bride by taking her hand,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Anime!! To be honest, I didn't think much about your stupid ass at first, but you proved me wrong.  It was so gay overall,  I love the strong Yuri and I think It was one of the best CGDCT In 2022

ALL my girls were so well-behaved and NEVER spoke about boyfriends or anything else that piss me off. Well ofc they didn't, because IMO they are all confirmed lesbians and don't like boys,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Pure well-behaved angels get 10/10 from me  

Yuri-CrusaderJan 9, 2023 2:03 AM
Jan 9, 2023 1:01 PM

Aug 2019
I really don't want to say goodbye to this show ;_;

I hope it gets another season but even if it doesn't, I think that's completely fine :')

Such a wholesome and cozy show!
Jan 14, 2023 10:58 AM
Dec 2022
It was a wonderful relaxing anime to watch... Lot's of
Good Vibes!!! especially after a hard week
Jan 14, 2023 12:02 PM

Oct 2018
Took me a while between the 11th and the final episode. While this didn't end up as my favorite from last season, it had my favorite premiere of the season. Love how the 2nd half is simply dedicated to Purin and Serufu.

What happened to the pig though??

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Jan 22, 2023 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Woodworking + vibes + anime girls = good anime
Jan 25, 2023 3:03 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
And so their secret treehouse club hideout has been completed (although it's not really that secret since it's pretty much in full view of both schools), and it looks very well made- apart from some floor boards. Yes with Serufu's quirky nature, she has succeeded in messing up again and it just wouldn't be her if she didn't mess up a little bit now would it? No worries at all even if you still haven't learned how to drill a nail in properly after an entire term. Sure it adds character for sure, but idk if I'd want to sacrifice functionality for mere character. They're going to be spending a lot of time there, it would suck to get a foot or something stuck in that gap. But hey haha it's funny right? Serufu messed up a little, but it's ok because it's funny! HEHEHEHE

Goodbye to Jobko, whose backstory is quite sad. I personally didn't quite pick up on it before, but yes her mother has indeed passed away. And that has left Jobko's father left shunning his own daughter in mourning the passing of his wife. In the midst of all the turmoil and pain, I'd like to think that Jobko found true happiness, peace even, with the short time she was with DIY club. Should there ever be a season 2, it just wouldn't be the same without her and her weird engrish and weird-ass nickname. Yes her "GUD JAWB" and stuff are actually funny, but I still want to see an actual english speaker be cast for an english-speaking character one day. Are they that hard to obtain? Are none of them willing to learn a little Japanese? Anyway, no biggie, these are just very minor nitpicks. This show was good.

But if you will let me continue on with my nitpicks with our main lead Serufu herself. It's a CGDGT, I get it. Problem is for me personally, I kind of hate them unless they're called Yuru Camp (or Lycoris Recoil, but that's just part-CGDGT). Serufu fits the bill and fits the role she was meant to lead. But I just kind of hate her HEHEHEHE's and do it YUA SERUFU'S and just her dumbass air-headed grin that she always has. Sorry for being rather harsh, I just needed to let it out somewhere after 12 episodes of holding it in. Maybe you dislike Purrin's tsun tsun attitude. But I love it, and when paired up with Serufu, it honestly looks like an adult beside a child in comparison. Thank goodness there was no hardcore lesbian sex scene amirite So don't ship these two. One is a grown up compared to the other. But hey, Serufu's really good at art. Those drawings made me feel like a little kid again, dreaming of the ultimate treehouse. 

Anyway it's easily a solid 7/10 at least. But this is my rating, and I still hate most CGDGT, and this one still isn't any different really despite it clearly taking some new angles to the genre. So I'm just bumping it down a point to a 6/10. Please, no hard feelings if you absolutely adored this show. You don't care about my opinions, right? And besides, even if you do, I still think it's good. It's not just as good for me. 

I'm really glad they ended with the usual ED though. Once they started playing the upbeat goofy OP at the end, I was a little disappointed. But the ED started playing almost immediately after it ended after showing the completed wind chimes, so all is good in the hood- because the ED was like one of my favourite parts of the whole show. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 25, 2023 6:36 AM

Oct 2021
It was perfect, I don't recall being sad about finishing a series but oh boy that one hit. Also Purin and Serufu are in love ^^ -denial is a river in Egypt.
E
Jan 25, 2023 6:42 AM

Apr 2011
Great to see the treehouse finally done. Sad to see Jobko leave and it made it clear for me her mom passed away. Also some nice moments between
Purin and Serufu.

Such a nice and chill show. Seeing them build things and having fun was enjoyable to watch.
Jan 28, 2023 2:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fantastic finale and that is one heck of a secret hideout there! As a Mechanical Engineering student lmao, I can tell that they planned things out really well and executed them just as well, if not better. A beautiful touch to see the various new additions from the different members, and the picture in the end just tops it! 

A lot of Engrish moments, I didn't think it was bad as it made the show more quirky and whatnot, but there was maybe a bit too much of it to stop myself from cringing a little. Jobko-chan's and Purin's mother's little interaction was sweet, I hope she gets along with her dad once she returns. Purin-chan and Jobko-chan's synergy was fun to keep up with. Hikage-san sort of felt unnoticed in a lot of scenes but her spark of inspiration were really cool and it was really pleasing to see her breaking out of her shell on multiple occasions (like that whole scene with calling Purin-chan by her nickname). 

But, of course. the winner was the main duo in Purin-chan and Yua Serufu-chan. So the idea of the secret hideout on top of a tree was to fulfill Yua Serufu-chan's dream, after all. That's just too sweet. I wish they showed us more of Kouki-chan and Sensei's relationship though, pretty much all we know about them is that they are very well off, and that kind of brought them together, xD. As for the best character though, I can't help but the Pres. Loved her from the first episode! And it was really nice to see her parents helping out too with their expertise, she's got a bright future ahead of her I'm sure. 

It was nice to have both the Op and ED play this episode in succession, I really loved both of them. 

On a personal note, I wish this is what Engineering would be all about instead, xD. Nevertheless, the show definitely reminded me of some of my past hobbies and dreams, and for that and many more, this was just a pleasure to watch and I'm glad I took my sweet time with it!

Solid 8/10, that's why we love our CGCDT, SOL and Iyashikei mixture of shows!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 12, 2023 9:04 AM

Dec 2018
I think this is going to be Serufu next big do-it-yourself project. Maybe that will be something for a season 2 Hehehehe 

A place for her and Miku to have some lesbian fun together,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 12, 2023 10:53 AM
Feb 12, 2023 12:17 PM
Sep 2007
It's over so soon? :(

Well, that's quite a long pre-opening introduction. Just kiddin' :).

Calling it a "secret hideout" doesn't make much sense since pretty much everyone knows about it.

Nice shoutout to the "workers' lunch" photo at the break :)

Jobko is leaving. Hope she'll get back soon. In the next season, if there will be one.

Purin going all tsundere on Serufu, lol.
Apr 13, 2023 1:07 PM

Sep 2017
Swagernator said:
NO! Don't do it Serufu, life is much more than this, hang it there!

KIRUUU YUA SERUFU!!
Apr 21, 2023 9:25 AM
Dec 2022
I can't find the manga anywhere, i guess no one interested? I only found volume 1 chapter 4 which is eps 2 where Takumi decided to join the club? With no access on volume 2 i hope we can get a second season.
May 1, 2023 4:44 AM
Mar 2021
fucking sucked. most stills i have ever seen in my life. might as well go to a museum or watcha powerpoint presentation. ending very not satisfying + garbage garbage queerbait caiashjdijf
May 26, 2023 7:21 PM
May 2023
é um anime muito fofo e relaxante e os personagens são muito cativantes
Jul 7, 2023 5:32 AM

Feb 2018
Well now they've finished it looks like its holiday time and everyone is going home, quite a way to wrap it up.
Jul 30, 2023 3:53 AM
Dec 2022
basic story line, average animation, but good message to be understood about friendship...
Oct 16, 2023 10:17 PM

Jul 2019
I though I saw some red flags the last couple of episodes (don't rememeber what it was) but forgot that these kinds of iyashikei anime often just ends with soft fluffyness.

I'm glad they got to finish their treehouse while Jobko-chan was there and I'm glad it looks like they have two new members.

This was a really chill and sweet anime. I like the art style and animation, likeable characters and nice interactions. Wish they had shown some more of Haruko-sensei's background but what we got is good enough.

9/10
Mar 4, 9:58 PM

Dec 2019
Damn, this anime was really good ignoring some of its imperfections. Wish it would have lasted longer, it kinda cured my soul.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 29, 9:01 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to LostSpectre
spacecrap said:
Luxeraph said:
Hm, Purin-chan do you have some feelings for Serufu you would like to share with the rest of us?

I was literally waiting for her to confess her feelings but yeah it would have been too good to be true

Except, she's not actually in love with her (at least not romantically) she just misses her best friend. She got hurt by Serufu telling her she didn't have to keep looking after her, then they end up going to different schools, and this is the whole reason Purin acts stuck up about her technological school compared to the DIY club, even though she clearly seems to enjoy DIY stuff too. I can understand how this is confusing as most tsundere characters act that way towards a romantic love interest.
@LostSpectre I think the problem is that Purin's tsunderness was too cartoonish, which made the way she acted and got angry at Serufu ignorance create very ambiguous dialogue out of context. In general, this is a kind of Bakugo x Deku version, where excessive melodrama creates a very ambiguous impression out of context. Especially when they even use the MariMite visual in one place, lmao. Although, of course, people literally declaring them a couple after this are in a very big hurry (I'm not even surprised that people seemed to perceive their every interaction as ship baiting). Whatever Pudding's feelings were, Serufu still didn't understand them.
RobertBobertApr 29, 9:08 PM
May 21, 12:28 PM

Jul 2021
That poor workshop though; if they keep tearing out walls and floorboards to make stuff there isn't going to be anything left of it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

240 by The-Black-Terror »»
May 1, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 12, 2022

173 by Wonderlust_Arte »»
Apr 24, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 26, 2022

106 by ANDRZEJ11121 »»
Dec 11, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 14, 2022

62 by HanamiDango »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:05 AM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

86 by HanamiDango »»
Sep 30, 2023 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.