Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2022 9:49 AM

Aug 2022
Ei_Sei said:
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN THIS EP
mappa completely ruined this episode best scenes with their garbage cgi. even manga looks better. didn't you noticed how ugly curse devil look?

dalmatinac_sam said:
too much cgi for my taste.
exactly bro...and fanboys pretend it don't exist... and anyone who complaint about it are toddlers lmaooo....
DaOnePieceIsRealNov 29, 2022 9:52 AM
Nov 29, 2022 9:49 AM

Feb 2012
I. Love. This. Episode!!! I asked for stakes in the plot, and they put a cross on that land.
I feel sad, BUT the tension is so heavy and dark, I am soo invested in the story now, I might put life insurance on me, 10/10, HYPED, LEZZZGOOOO!!! \m/,
Nov 29, 2022 9:50 AM
Oct 2016
Best episode yet I'd say. The first episode since episode one that I enjoyed more than average. I will say that the art in the first half of this episode did not look good. I wondered the whole time why it looked paler and less defined. Some of the worst art of the series so far. If the reasoning is more focus on the action heavy latter half then I'm actually ok with that. Because we got to see Aki go balls to the wall against the Katana Devil! Other the the excessive use of CG in the fight, which there was a ton, it looked great. Aki very smooth with his strikes jabbing Katana Man to summon that curse. Loved how the Katana Devil looked swinging his sword arms and sword head. It all looked great aside from the not well integrated CG. Himeno making the sacrifice for Aki was sad, despite how creepy she was I liked seeing her be the one to lay down their life this time since many had done that for her in the past. All for naught as that other girl working with the Katana Devil just picks him back up and chomps on the Ghost Devil. The most devastating sneak attack.
Nov 29, 2022 9:51 AM
Jun 2022
some real shit is happening
Nov 29, 2022 9:53 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
You be the judge of how it looks

Tho the way
Ri-KoRinNov 29, 2022 10:00 AM

Nov 29, 2022 9:56 AM
Jun 2011
All the anime original stuff with Himeno was great! A little disappointed with the Katana Devil first phase, but thats to be expected. Really hard to top the 4th wall break possible in the manga. All in all, great episode! Loved the ED

Sep 2011
Ri-KoRin said:
You be the judge of how it looks, IMO I will be slightly disappointed if the Gun,
devils are animated in this style of GCI. (It is not about the use of CGI, but the way it look instead, the slug is perfectly animated)

Tho the way

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2018
...hard to describe this rollercoaster, another new ED was goosebumps, can't wait for more (:
Nov 29, 2022 9:57 AM

Feb 2015
The Future Rocks

Ball kicking contest incoming.

Joel77 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Damn how will shounen jump ever recover from having 3 of the most profitable series of the past decade.

I feel like it starts to change after this point and get more experimental but I also dont wanna hype up the false expectation that its just a non stop thrill ride that subverts expectations from here on out cause it really is a gradual shift into what it becomes rather than one big blowout moment. Id say if there really is a specific spot to hype up as, oh here where it hits its stride and never loses it till the final chapter wraps it'd be the stuff i imagine mid S2 is gonna get to with
I think anime onlies will get a taste of what CSM's actually gonna be like after watching this episode. And yeah starting from the
CSM's gonna be getting much better
Bomb arc is season 2, this season will stop after they finish the Katana Man arc.

DaOnePieceIsReal said:
curse devil looks so ugly lmaooo... it's over cgisaw man. this is what csm fans hyping for like ages? lmaooo... that gun shot was still great tho, rest was meh.cgi completely ruined this episode
ugly cgi!! ugly cgi!! ugly cgi!!
Yeah, CGI wasn't great, the final shot from the Curse Devil should've been 2D. It's just one image, there is no movement, there was no need to use CGI aside of "hey we already have the model, why not use it?" well bc it looks like ass if you look at it for over a second, without it moving in 3D space.
SteelingMaxNov 29, 2022 10:02 AM

Nov 29, 2022 9:58 AM
Apr 2021
What the hell just happened
Nov 29, 2022 9:58 AM
Jun 2019
Amazing episode in general.
Nov 29, 2022 9:59 AM

Mar 2020
this episode felt like a fucking movie, the cinematography was insane!! every detail has been brought to perfection. for me, this and OP1015 are the 2 biggest contenders for the episode of the year. I'm truly speechless. so incredibly thankful that CSM is done by people it's done by!
cs
Sep 2020
i thought she is one of the characters that will not die until the final arc

Aug 2019
Woah, I've read the manga and I still had goosebumps throughout the 'ghost' fight sequence.
Csm starts from now onwards!

Jun 2015
This episode really made justice to the manga. I also don't think the CGI was that jarring.
Nov 29, 2022 10:00 AM
May 2021
Reliving those manga moments again, sad and excited

Dec 2018
The best episode so far.
Now I remember this chapter... During Makima inside those train, I already knew what's going on... I can't really remember this part before since after this arc are far better.
Oh dear, I doesn't even remember Katana man human face... Just look how generic that guy is... But I do remember how Denji
Hehehe
Aki is amazing in this scene, and Himeno... Farewell best Chainsaw Man early arc best girl... Her death are animated beautifuly.

Sep 2020
jaunis said:
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
curse devil looks so ugly lmaooo... it's over cgisaw man. this is what csm fans hyping for like ages? lmaooo... that gun shot was still great tho, rest was meh.cgi completely ruined this episode

I swear, most people who complain about CGI are actual toddlers. this is why I hate when an anime gets too popular, because of people like this.

I do understand it. I do wish it was 2D. The CGI is very noticeable but it is incredibly done. It’s nothing to bash MAPPA over. It was very funny though in EP1 where people were complaining about CGI in scenes with no CGI, they were rotoscoped.

Also a lot of the CGI will most likely be better in the blu-ray
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2018
HOOOOOLY SHIT. BEST EP YET!!
Nov 29, 2022 10:01 AM
May 2021
crzy how fast they can change things in this anime love it!

Dec 2012
So many deaths..
And I doubt Makima is dead.

Oct 2020
Frecking loved it. It was perfect
Nov 29, 2022 10:02 AM
Feb 2021
AbhiCh123 said:
xacier2006 said:

Fr KNY is the best anime ever made and have the best animation of all time
Grow up kid and start watching anime for real. DS is not even Top 100 of all time.

You’re right it’s top 1
Nov 29, 2022 10:02 AM

Jan 2021
Oh, right, so here starts the episode where it shows that Chainsaw Man doesn't know how to do and how to handle deaths of characters.
Nov 29, 2022 10:03 AM

Dec 2019
Ive been waiting for this part and they did it so well

This ep felt like 2 mins lol
Sep 2022
Rip Himeno!!🥺♥️...Bloody and intense episode!!!..come on!!! come on!!!!..
Jun 2020
BRUH WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT I DIDNT KNOW HIMENO DIED THIS EARLY
Nov 29, 2022 10:04 AM
Sep 2022
GosuDRM said:
So many deaths..
And I doubt Makima is dead.

ofc not...they can't kill my love so fast
Nov 29, 2022 10:05 AM
Jan 2021
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
jeffery_dahmer said:
ah yes, this bot fucker is here again. i was waiting fro u to take a dump here once again. u do realise that all u r doing is making yourself look like a clown ryt? if not, then bro i don't think u should watch the episodes. i don't get why u watch every episode that comes out and crap on all csm forums when u hate the show this much. just drop it the fuck off and shut up. the animation here was better than the animation one piece had i it's 1 million episodes combined and yet u r such a big op fanboy.
why do you sounds like that @King_KK guy?
not just taht guy but literally everyone hates u in this forum if u didn't know. just do everyone a favor and drop this show. if u really hate it so much then why not drop it and let other enjoy? shouldn't be that hard for anyone if they r not a troller or a prick who likes to shit on anything people enjoy and is popular. go and watch your one piece bro. shit on one piece forum, not here.
Nov 29, 2022 10:06 AM

Apr 2021
SteelingMax said:
The Future Rocks

Joel77 said:
I think anime onlies will get a taste of what CSM's actually gonna be like after watching this episode. And yeah starting from the
Bomb arc is season 2, this season will stop after they finish the Katana Man arc
SteelingMax said:
The Future Rocks

Joel77 said:
Bomb arc is season 2, this season will stop after they finish the Katana Man arc.

DaOnePieceIsReal said:
Yeah, CGI wasn't great, the final shot from the Curse Devil should've been 2D. It's just one image, there is no movement, there was no need to use CGI aside of "hey we already have the model, why not use it?" well bc it looks like ass if you look at it for over a second, without it moving in 3D space.
Yeah man, Season 2 is gonna be a blast :)
Aug 2022
Watching Himeno die was really sad , Aki's cursed sword was soo cool ... Can't wait for the 9th episode to get released

Apr 2018
SAY GOODBYE HIMENO, WELCOME THE KATANA MAN.

fucking dope ass ED from TK, visual-wise a spectular job from MAPPA.

Honestly, you can't deny that there were too many close up perspective shots. It did feel like you could position yourself as Aki or Himeno, but nontheless, it had incredible animation. There's no problem with that, it's just that the fights are mixed with a lot of realism.
SideCharacterKalNov 29, 2022 1:22 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 29, 2022 10:07 AM

Nov 2021
Man seeing Himeno death hits even harder than in manga. The ending is beautiful tho, probably my favorite so far
Nov 29, 2022 10:07 AM

Dec 2020
Holy shit, my heartbeat started to increase when every passenger on train bowed down and it just increased even more as the Ep progressed, rip himeno,. Best ep so far, truly cinematic, this is cinema, 10/10, peak shit.
Nov 29, 2022 10:09 AM

Jun 2015
Was that rotoscoping on the first part? Looked awful and immersion breaking, especially the scene where Himeno is entering the room and Denji is on the bed, coming into frame. Denji's hand rotating with the sandwich also looked weird, but I can't even describe what was going on there.

Seemed like they were trying to recreate the little "needlessly well animated" moments from the previous episodes, except on a much larger scale, and had to take many shortcuts because of time. If that's the case then it makes sense why they wouldn't have had time then to fix it afterwards.
Nov 29, 2022 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
Ionliosite2 said:
Oh, right, so here starts the episode where it shows that Chainsaw Man doesn't know how to do and how to handle deaths of characters.
Bruh imagine saying that as a dragonball fanboy hahaha

jeffery_dahmer said:
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
not just taht guy but literally everyone hates u in this forum if u didn't know. just do everyone a favor and drop this show. if u really hate it so much then why not drop it and let other enjoy? shouldn't be that hard for anyone if they r not a troller or a prick who likes to shit on anything people enjoy and is popular. go and watch your one piece bro. shit on one piece forum, not here.
Stop getting baited by someone with single dig iq.
Nov 29, 2022 10:11 AM
Oct 2021
WHY IS EVERYONE DYING ALL OF A SUDDEN???????
Nov 29, 2022 10:14 AM

Aug 2022
Vone_80085 said:
WHY IS EVERYONE DYING ALL OF A SUDDEN???????

bcs mangaka is an incompetent hack... who don't know how to handle characters death and can't come up with decent story without shock factor.
Nov 29, 2022 10:14 AM
Dec 2018
0 to 100 real quick
Nov 29, 2022 10:15 AM
Jun 2020
Best episode so far, the direction is nothing short of masterful

Aug 2022
This episode is a damn masterpiece.

Aug 2020
4/5

The prologue is officially over. CSM has finally kickstarted it's overarching storyline with a literal bang and although the animation, direction & sound design were astounding, the choreography of some sequences could've been better along with the CGI but I can't complain

We start off with an anime original scene of Himeno which was an obvious parallel to Aki's soothing mundane day-to-day scene in ep 4. The episode was mostly dedicated to both of em so the incorporation makes sense. They gave Himeno more screen time for an appropriate catharsis at the end of the episode. Animation, atmosphere and sound designs were immaculate during these scenes. Very intrusive shot compositions as well. Mappa did push the the "sex scene" to it's limit but presented it in a very realistic matter. Denji’s and Himeno's post convo was greatly executed too with some very interesting rotoscoping action. Himeno even brought up the "minor" issue herself which should put an end most of the hate she garnered from the casuals last week

Then, the bomb drops in the most unexpected way ever, a jaw dropping sequence of executions via guns in the world of filled with devils. I absolutely loved the Makima train sequence but the montage of executions that followed was probably the highlight of this episode for me. Day to day life with soothing serene music and as the viewers are still in shock of what transpired prior, it hits you again with Kobeni and Arai being targeted by this unassuming old lady while the ost crusendo's to a perfectly executed hard cut. I can't gloat over this montage enough!! Katana man's introduction and VA was on point. The Kon sequence was fine but definitely a downgrade from what was shown in the trailer. The Aki and Katana man fight sequence was good but not extravagant by any stretch. The choreography was a bit sloppy but after many rewatches, I've grown into it. The curse devil sequence was probably the most jarring moment in the episode for me and the CGI usage for a brief scene like that bothered me a bit.

Himeno's parting scene was done justice. It somehow felt more impactful than in the manga which was not surprising at all because her death was one of the reasons this series pulled me in like none other shounen series had before. The dialogues, haunting ambience and the absolute masterclass direction choices of shadows & perspective reiterated to me that yes, this show is something still very special and I guarantee that most of the anime - onlys felt the same. To top it off, TK came out with a banger ED befitting for a Himeno homage plus the visuals continue to surpass expectations with references & foreshadowing galore

Overall, a great episode. It's definitely the best episode so far this cour but I expected something even more glorious. I have to blame my own very high expectations when it comes to CSM and I can take accountability for that
2Birds1StonedDec 5, 2022 4:20 PM
Nov 29, 2022 10:17 AM
Nov 2022
I already saw the manga so I dunno what to say expect it's a good turning point of the anime.
BUT i don't know why I really can't with the animation, there's something so clunky and weird about it and not in a good way, there's like a lag I don't know how to explain it.
And apparently it's not CGI but it's worse if the 2D is so weird that it's look like a bad CGI.
Nov 2021
EmreH said:
Overall it was a good episode, but some scenes could be better and more detailed, the curse devil scene wasn't very good and the blonde woman's monster just disappeared. Aki and katana man fight was pretty good though

You gotta re-read chapter 24/25 again cause it was perfected adapted IMHO.

Jan 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
Ionliosite2 said:
Bruh imagine saying that as a dragonball fanboy hahaha

I don't know what's the correlation between these, but, ok?

Jan 2021
Wow, what an episode lol.

Himeno's POV of how doing the romantic part with Denji, but then they don't i assume, well they had a nice breakfast though and enjoyed it and Denji still insists that his first time will be with Makima so Himeno made an proposal that he helps her with Aki and then she will help Denji with Makima.

Makima going on an business trip and then holy shit, Gun Devils men jumped out of nowhere and killed Makima, like what the actual fuck, Makima was brutally killed on the spot. I really hope that something happens and she comes back alive or if that's not the real real Makima.

Denji, Himeno, Aki & Power eating ramen and they get interrupted by some dude (probably again an Gun Devils men) and man pulls out his gun and starts shooting Denji and Himeno, Aki calls out his "Kon" and he thinks he has the guy but the guy turns into Katana man. Katana man and Aki have an fight and Aki calls out his curse to defeat him but a girl turns out of nowhere and goes and heals Katana man, the girl seems like an hunter as well. Katana man makes his second attempt and stabs Aki with his Katana, holy shit what's actually happening here. Himeno then calls out her ghost to save Aki and defeat the Katana man but her ghost is first like "nope" but Himeno still wants Aki to be saved. The ghost did her best but sadly got defeated by that girls Snake. Himeno then disappears into thin air and Aki is shocked seeing only her clothes remaining, holy shit.

The ep literally ends there, I can't even say anything more, so much shit happened, wow.

RIP Himeno & Makima (although i really hope it isn't like that) and I sincerely hope Denji, Power & Aki will survive the snake girl and Katana man.
__andre__Nov 29, 2022 10:27 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
The direction in this episode more than overshadows for the CGI. After all, some flaws are to be expected in compensation.

RIP Himeno
Nov 29, 2022 10:18 AM

Apr 2019
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
jeffery_dahmer said:
ah yes, this bot fucker is here again. i was waiting fro u to take a dump here once again. u do realise that all u r doing is making yourself look like a clown ryt? if not, then bro i don't think u should watch the episodes. i don't get why u watch every episode that comes out and crap on all csm forums when u hate the show this much. just drop it the fuck off and shut up. the animation here was better than the animation one piece had i it's 1 million episodes combined and yet u r such a big op fanboy.

I like how I live rent free in your head. The fact that you think of me whenever someone calls you out for being the good for nothing piece of trash that you are is hilarious. My words must have hurt you real bad. That's a win in my book.
Dec 2021
I will say two disappointments for me: the first is the Fox Devil scene which had low quality animation, unlike the first trailer, another is the Curse Devil scene which was static, in the manga there is an idea of ​​movement, they could have shown the two skulls biting the Katana Man.

May 2016
Man I'm really sad she is gone so soon, but what an episode full of epic moments.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - Yesterday

11 by Naveen6662246 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

986 by lcljosh »»
Yesterday, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.