Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2022 11:32 AM

Nov 2021
I keep saying this every week, but that was my favorite episode. The story is finally starting to kick off, and everything was adapted perfectly IMO.
Nov 8, 2022 11:35 AM
Oct 2022
Every week it just keeps getting better. Period.
Nov 8, 2022 11:45 AM
Mar 2022
grandy_UiD said:
The boob grab scene just confirmed once and for all that Makima's voice is ludicrously terrible. I just had to mention it again, for the last time. I know I will get jumped by delusional people who defend it, claiming it's perfect for tricking people into believing she is not a manipulator (despite her never trying to trick anyone into thinking that, ever), but whatever.

In the manga, we never she her getting overly excited or shit. A lot of people say that her voice is like that for manipulation and for me, rather than any active manipulation, its more about her character. She doesn't really get that impressed and excited herself but tries to get others excited by using her charms. It's her way of showing others that the authority is with her and her showing them affection should be seen as a blessing. They shouldn't start feeling like they have captivated her and she is in love. She knows men like Aki and Denji are smitten by her because they see her as this pure maiden girl in her 20s who is just mind numbingly beautiful.

An animated, milf kind of voice as of Shinobu would just look odd on her for how her character reacts in most tense situations, i.e, looking calm and unaffected.
MoistGNov 8, 2022 11:59 AM
Nov 8, 2022 11:48 AM
Oct 2017
i loved the exchange between Denji and Makima
Nov 8, 2022 11:49 AM
Dec 2021
Great episode!!! Pancuronium Bromide.
Nov 8, 2022 11:50 AM
Jun 2020
i like boobs a lot!
Nov 8, 2022 11:51 AM

Jul 2021
that's it man anime of the season right here.

bro was flabbergasted after he got to touch makima's.

loved the sex lessons from makima san.

easily the best episode till now.

the house blowing up startled me so bad lol. i'm sure aki wants to kill the gun devil himself and he should.

denji running to kill the devil after the offer of french kiss though ahaha. he changed his tracks fast given his speech before that.

nice ed.

5/5.

Nabaat said:
Of course, the gun devil originates from America. Who could've seen it coming.
haha exactly my thoughts when makima said that.
TsutanaiFuunNov 8, 2022 11:56 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 8, 2022 11:54 AM
Aug 2022
aki's backstory was the best part by far, but everything in this episode is better then the others. this episode is without any doubts the best one yet
Nov 8, 2022 11:57 AM
Aug 2017
Maybe too much sexual tension for my taste but this episode was great just like every episode.
Nov 8, 2022 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
EVERY. EPISODE. IS. BETTER. THAN. THE. LAST.

I'm not even really a fan of themes of perversion in anime, except in rare cases, but for some reason I really savored it in this anime. Contrary to my usual preferences, I enjoyed every second of this episode. Knowing how some people have read the manga and knew what to expect, the week leading up to this episode's release must've been the longest week in some peoples' lives. Here I am thinking the Power scene was intense, and then they up the ante tenfold with Makima.

The second half of the episode was cool too, just seeing the dynamic of the team overall in the apartment building.

And the ED, damn. How many other anime have a different ending sequence (song/animation) for 12 episodes. Absolutely incredible song and animation.
Nov 8, 2022 11:59 AM
Jul 2019
Possibly the two most significant foreshadowing events happening in the same episode, both beautiful adapted.
Nov 8, 2022 12:01 PM
Apr 2020
another peak episode, mappa is doing an amazing job with this adaptation.
Nov 8, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2017
Can the pace go any slower? Did we need 5 minutes for a boring backstory? Just a "we're going after the Gun Devil, f**ker killed my family!" is all we needed and we can get on with the action.
As an anime only without favourite parts of the manga to look forward to, this has been a total snoozefest so far.
Nov 8, 2022 12:03 PM

Feb 2010
Low key want to fight Makima now. Great episode
Nov 8, 2022 12:04 PM
Apr 2021
awesome scenes :)
Nov 8, 2022 12:06 PM
Nov 2020
I loved this part in the manga, can't wait to see the next episode!
The ED is very, very similar to "Gamble" (Tsukimichi OP); I think it's from the same author.
Nov 8, 2022 12:12 PM
Aug 2018
OMG ITS KOBENI SO CUTE I LOVE HER
Nov 8, 2022 12:13 PM
Jun 2020
Very nice. Ending was beautiful. I cried like a little baby.
Nov 8, 2022 12:17 PM

Jan 2021
Spicy episode.

• Denji finally touching those female parts but first got pranked by Power lmao, but then he touched it for real and man was out of this world, man's eyes were wide open. He got what he always wanted but he didn't feel like it was that great.

• Makima decides to throw an 180, grabs his hand, exchanges dialogue and literally puts Denji's finger in her mouth, that was an real surprise to see, holy shit lol. Makima then out of nowhere puts his hand on her female part, alright then. Denji goes in total shock that he literally falls from the chair, I never saw such an shock in his eyes. Makima then comes closer that their lips almost touch each other, she knows how to play it dangerous.

• Makima comes with the suggestion that Denji needs to defeat the Gun Devil and if he does that then he can do with Makima what he wants, like an reward. Gun Devil showed up 13 years ago in America and killed 1.2M people in 5 minutes, goddamn.

• Showing Aki's past, he had a little brother and he was sick in bed at the time but Aki wanted to play catchball with his Dad but Dad said that the little brother is sick and yeah, so the little brother decides to go play along with Aki but Aki doesn't want him following him, so they start an snowball fight until the lil brothers hand gets cold so Aki suggest that he gets his gloves and puts them on so that they can play catch, now here comes the sad part, upon returning home his lil bro waves for the last time and then suddenly their house gets wiped away by the Gun Devil, Aki being in literal shock ofcourse because his family just got killed.

• It looks like Makima is showing bullets that reflects as one so its like an magnet and devils prolly have swallowed them so they need to find the bullets I guess.

• Arriving at the hotel, now that is an roller-coaster lol. Himeno throws an sorta reward that if someone kills the devil first then they get a kiss on the cheek, Denji ofcourse canceling that offer because he only wants to kiss one person and yeah we all know who that is. Himeno then comes closer to him and whispers "I'll give you a French kiss", ofcourse Denji gets all excited and storms off through the halls but Arai stops him.

• "Aki, don't die.", we then go back in time when Aki got recruited for the first time, Himeno saying that the previous teammates all died and that they were "garbage" so she said the exact same phrase to Aki back then as she said now.

• The hotel in question is rather mysterious, they found one Devil but that was not the one they were looking for because it didn't have any reaction to the bullet, so they decide to go upstairs and find the devil but wait, they're back at floor 8th? how? Arai went downstairs but ended up back where he was, that is totally confusing and he is losing his mind if I can tell by his expression and there you have it, cliffhanger!!.

next ep prolly the devil fight, at least that is what I think and oh the ED was alright this time, still cool though.
__andre__Nov 9, 2022 4:53 PM
Nov 8, 2022 12:20 PM
Oct 2022
Episode was slower but I love getting to see the characters just as much as the fights
Nov 8, 2022 12:25 PM
Aug 2021
This episode makes No Nut November very hard
Nov 8, 2022 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
poor denji, he was lied to and manipulated but what a good favour in return, who would of known (except for manga readers) Makima is down bad like that. cant wait for next episode!
Nov 8, 2022 12:27 PM
Oct 2021
Me gusto y el ending esta muy perro 10 de 10
Nov 8, 2022 12:27 PM
Mar 2018
from the beginning till the end, this episode was on fire. literally on fire which implies that this could have been one of the craziest episodes of 2022 regarding feelings and deficiency of something important lol. interactions between new characters, background of aki and rollercoaster feelings about himeno... they were all cool and interesting. the scene within the graveyard sent chills down my spine. therefore, felt good overall
Nov 8, 2022 12:28 PM

Apr 2022
another episode where all the details were on point. ma boi denji finally did it tho
ED was also fire
Nov 8, 2022 12:28 PM
Oct 2021
kobeni kobeni kobeni kobeni, and kobeni
Nov 8, 2022 12:34 PM
Sep 2018
That Makima scene tho... Its now the start of my fav arc the hotel floor! I really love the Aki Squad and the portrayal of the Division 4 cast has been amazing thus far
Nov 8, 2022 12:35 PM
Sep 2018
Thimmun said:
This episode makes No Nut November very hard
Indeed... Indeed it does
Nov 8, 2022 12:38 PM

Aug 2017
Really nice episode.

Denji feeling traumatized after groping Power's breasts.
But shortly after, he gets intimate with Makima through sensation and touch.
Makima is very smooth with it and tells Denji to kill the gun devil in exchange for any reward.
She basically offered Denji an offer that he can't refuse.

And finally, we get to the hotel devil arc.
This arc is what kept me motivated to keep reading the manga all the way through.
It's going to be epic. One of the major arcs.

Nov 8, 2022 12:50 PM
Aug 2022
Great episode overall, with that kind of cliffhanger at the last one i'm glad they adress it immediately and did not play with flashbacks ans such.

We got everything we hope for a great episode: character development, backstory to some characters, little bit of action and ,of course, more of Denji's horniness. Really hope that the rest of the anime keeps it up.
Nov 8, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2021
Dukino said:
As someone whom begrudgingly read the manga after it was hyped to oblivion and back, I gotta say I forgot how horrible these early arcs are. Later on it gets decently good, or at least better than the early parts. But like this stuff right now is trash. Denji has got to be the most pea brained protagonist ever made. His sole motivation is sexy time of any capacity. Not even exclusively with Makima like we just saw. Dude doesn't even have any loyalty. As soon as Himeno mentioned tongue Denji folded and completely forgot about his promise with Makima. Dude is the literal definition of a caveman. Sees hot girl, falls head over heals for hot girl, completely forgets everything else. Its really dumb. Denji is absolutely the worst part of this show right now. Thank god for Aki, that dude saves this thing in the early days. He's like the only motivation I have for watching as the early arcs get adapted. Power gets better later too but even her right now is annoying. This is just a real slog and I'm pretty sure this first season won't get to anything good yet. Maybe a certain arc after this one but idk.

wow u rly dont like early arcs, i personally love early arcs, and yeah in next eps or arcs it gets hella better. progression like between Power and Denji and they individual too ofc are insane. and Aki too ofc. but even now how someone can find them annoying lol. those must be rly annoying themselves.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2022 12:54 PM

Feb 2016
erikkamirs said:
First time watching an episode without it lagging!!!

Anyway, episode was more of precursor to the crazy shit yet to come.

Damn Aki's backstory gave me goosebumps, and I only get goosebumps to songs I really like. So MAPPA gets an A++ on that!

Also manga spoiler

Ending song looked good. Himeno, Kobeni, and Arai had some fun interactions! Also the infamous gum scene got animated!!!!

Feels like episode 2 again! But with a little more devil carnage.

Man, I was instantly pumped when I heard Syudou start singing in the outro. He started out as a Vocaloid artist, so it's super cool to hear his music show up in Chainsaw Man of all things. The ED video was dope as hell too.

This episode was great. Loved all of the chemistry (and sometimes lack thereof) between all the characters as we finally get to see them all interacting together this episode.
Nov 8, 2022 12:56 PM

Sep 2017
He's literally me fr fr on god
Ų®
Nov 8, 2022 12:57 PM
Dec 2021
its funny how Kobeni is the only real girl of the series
My Candies:

Jan 2011
aight we have a clear objective now

Jul 2012
At last, Denji got to touch boobs... with both girls! lol

Nice to see a little of Aki's backstory, really tragic :/

And hell yes! Blonde daddy from the OP finally makes an appearance! Can't wait to see more about him, he already won me over with his voice lol
Nov 2022
nice
very nice indeed
Nov 8, 2022 1:03 PM
Nov 2019
Foarte mega super giga sigma foarte bun THE GOAT
Nov 8, 2022 1:04 PM

Jul 2016
very good episode. Well animated and the sound design really kept me interested. I am a big fan of this adaptation.
Nov 8, 2022 1:04 PM
Jun 2020
makima giga hot woof woof
Nov 8, 2022 1:07 PM
Jul 2021
El mejor capitulo del año ijosdelpico
Nov 8, 2022 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
boobas, goal for a kiss, i am assuming the gun devil will be the main vilain AND scp 087 Pog
Nov 8, 2022 1:11 PM
Jul 2015
insane episode !!
Nov 8, 2022 1:13 PM
Nov 2020
It adapted the manga perfectly and leaved a very intresting finale that makes you sturve for the next episode!
Nov 8, 2022 1:13 PM

May 2018
I think the main cast is here now! Ah, the classic walking through the same floor and again and again. The ED was amazing as usual.
Nov 8, 2022 1:17 PM
Aug 2022
amazing so far, deserved all the hype
Nov 8, 2022 1:28 PM
Aug 2022
this episode was a little less exciting compared to the previous episodes, but still pretty good!
we get some more background on himeno and how she also made a contract with a devil. do all devil hunters have a contract? himeno and aki do at least. maybe the scared brown haired girl has one too. also that dude that tagged along with himeno was pretty annoying. i honestly feel like he'll get killed off but i don't know.
that scene with denji and makima felt pretty uncomfortable, but i'm pretty sure that's the point. anyways decent episode.
Nov 8, 2022 1:28 PM
Jan 2022
man i love himeno. She just sounds and looks so pretty in the anime
Nov 8, 2022 1:29 PM
Oct 2021
loving this series so far. it’s really funny (especially the gun devil being from america). great episode
Nov 8, 2022 1:46 PM

Jan 2021
Denji is learning a lot and growing in his own way. Also another new ED, wow I thought they were only going to have one because of power, but they might do this every or every other episode.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

987 by Johny_Hotbody »»
53 minutes ago

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - Yesterday

11 by Naveen6662246 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.