Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2022 1:18 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
It was a hot summer day and I woke up thristy so I went to drink water from the tap. But just then, a 7ft tall albino Norwegian gorilla attacked me and said yea so yea yeah..and stole my tap..and run away shouting hey dad look at me.
Shame on you Tapling Haaland for stealing my tap..

Oct 8, 2022 1:29 PM
Sep 2022
peak pls🤌🏿🔥... Let's Fvcking!!! Go!!!
Oct 8, 2022 1:30 PM
Apr 2022
I hadn't read the manga but went into the 1st episode not expecting anything. Now that I watched it I WANT MORE. I'm excited to watch next week's episode.
Oct 8, 2022 1:31 PM

Sep 2020
Pure insanity! I didn't expect to see football be portrayed like this after finishing Ao Ashi, they really did flip the script. The start really did have me fooled with them playing "one for all and all for one" and then being told to be egoistical to secure a spot on the world cup team. It was also epic to see when Yoichi decided to leave Igarashi and go for the bigger fish.
Oct 8, 2022 1:34 PM
Dec 2018
I've anticipated this anime and it is finally here.

The episode was pretty intense. The characters playstyle was show well and I know we're definitely going to see more.

I got hyped they've shown Bachira's moves. They showed Nagi & Reo my two faves along with Chagiri.

I have a feeling this sports anime is going to top the others. It gets super intense and the characters developments are no
disappointment.

Ego is creepy tho
Oct 8, 2022 1:35 PM
Nov 2020
This episode had me feeling some type away. Protag seems cool, looking forward to next week.
Oct 8, 2022 1:36 PM
Nov 2020
This episode had me feeling some type away. Protag seems cool, looking forward to next week.
Oct 8, 2022 1:37 PM

May 2016
WHAT. THE. HECK. THIS WAS THE MOST INTENSE FIRST EPISODE I HAVE EVER WATCHED JESUS CHRIST, IF THEY KEEP THIS LEVEL OF ANIMATION, I MEAN, EVEN CAN BE ANIME OF THE SEASON???
Oct 8, 2022 1:40 PM
Aug 2017
was a very impressive first episode, interesting animation style
Oct 8, 2022 1:42 PM

Aug 2021
sports anime is typically not a genre i tend to like but this looks like it will be pretty good. animation looks good, cool concept, should be fun.

Mar 2020
This was a pretty generic sports setup, with over the top edginess. Definitely not my cup of tea but I can see many enjoying this, and that's fine. I can already see this devolving into a battle royale style "death game" show, which is a bit of a red flag in terms of my enjoyment for this. What's important in sports shows is the character development, and that has gotta be absolutely amazing in later episodes for me to get truly get invested in this.
Jan 2019
Wow, this was the best soccer anime since Ao Ashi.
Oct 8, 2022 1:44 PM

Feb 2021
triplepsycho said:
Okay, so this is basically reverse Ao Ashi. Unrealistic and over-the-top with an individualistic outlook, compared to Ao Ashi’s realistic and grounded, with a focus on teamplay. Pretty interesting so far, but I also agree with the character who exclaimed, “This isn’t soccer!” I’m gonna keep watching, not for the soccer, but rather for all the craziness this series seems to have.

Of course it is different from Ao Ashi. There it is command game with friends, here it is practically survival game where you should beat your opponents and stay at the end.

Pretty harsh. But I like it! Animation style is the same as in manga! It looks like that I am reading the manga, not watching the anime!

Very sad that Kira was thrown away at the beginning... But it is the rules, sadly.

Great start!!
jTiKey said:
damn, those tight body suits... I'm here for the plot

I like it too! So trained bodies! And these tight sport costumes!
MemoreOct 8, 2022 1:49 PM
Oct 8, 2022 1:52 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
The premise seems kinda weird, looks more like a death game rather than a sports Anime.
Oct 8, 2022 1:52 PM
Dec 2021
very intense soccer
Oct 8, 2022 1:54 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dangit, voted 4/5 by accident instead of 5/5. Gonna haunt me forever as one of my biggest regrets in life

I'm so glad Isagi eliminated Kira. I still would've love to see these two rise in the ranks together, but I feel like Kira made a very rash, spur-of-the-moment decision in going through those doors just to "prove them wrong". He clearly is a team-player and far from an egotistical one, so naturally you'd probably just feel bad that he'd be giving up nationals for a project he probably won't get very far in anyway.

Loving this cast of characters, the art-style, everything. At its core it's very basic, but elevated on every front.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 8, 2022 1:54 PM

Feb 2021
kizumi91 said:
The premise seems kinda weird, looks more like a death game rather than a sports Anime.

It is indeed a death game in a way. You have to defeat all the people in order to win.
Oct 8, 2022 1:56 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Memore said:
kizumi91 said:

It is indeed death game in a way. You have to defeat all the people in order to win.

The Manga of this Anime has the same author as "Kamisama no Iutoori ni", I guess that's the main reason why it looks like that.
Oct 8, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2021
kizumi91 said:
Memore said:

It is indeed death game in a way. You have to defeat all the people in order to win.

The Manga of this Anime has the same author as "Kamisama no Iutoori ni", I guess that's the main reason why it looks like that.

Yes, and that is why general idea of death game is also in Blue Lock.
Oct 8, 2022 1:58 PM
May 2021
Nice pilot episode, I'm really looking forward to this anime.
Just hope it's as good as the manga or better yet, better than the manga

NOTICE: This is not an accurate representation of the beautiful game, but it's still going to be one hell of anime
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Oct 8, 2022 2:00 PM

Feb 2021
Jaytaro10 said:
Nice pilot episode, I'm really looking forward to this anime.
Just hope it's as good as the manga or better yet, better than the manga

It was the first episode, not a pilot.

I too hope that it will be as great as the manga!
Oct 8, 2022 2:00 PM
Sep 2021
they censored ego's speech lmaooo
Oct 8, 2022 2:02 PM

Feb 2021
Phjsh said:
they censored ego's speech lmaooo

Really? What parts were removed? I haven't noticed something significant.
Oct 8, 2022 2:04 PM
Dec 2021
phantomfandom said:
The animation quality is top notch, even though the previous season had Ao Ashi which already has high production value, but Blue Lock even exceed that.

But I question every principle I found in Blue Lock. Yes, Japan doesn't win a World Cup yet, and yes, it needs a revolution in a systemetic level, but soccer can be played in more than one way. Narcissistic quotations from soccer superstars look nice on paper, but there are also many GOAT strikers that value teamwork.

But honestly I couldn't be more care less about soccer. Ao Ashi might nail the principle of soccer right, but it doesn't have 300 highschool boys in a skintight suit locked in the same place. Blue Lock has.

Oh, talking about "Lock Off", I just realized that it's a play on the word "Log Off", but change Log to Lock as in Blue Lock, nice play here.

Lol in the manga he said “fuck off”
Oct 8, 2022 2:05 PM

Feb 2021
split09 said:
phantomfandom said:
The animation quality is top notch, even though the previous season had Ao Ashi which already has high production value, but Blue Lock even exceed that.

But I question every principle I found in Blue Lock. Yes, Japan doesn't win a World Cup yet, and yes, it needs a revolution in a systemetic level, but soccer can be played in more than one way. Narcissistic quotations from soccer superstars look nice on paper, but there are also many GOAT strikers that value teamwork.

But honestly I couldn't be more care less about soccer. Ao Ashi might nail the principle of soccer right, but it doesn't have 300 highschool boys in a skintight suit locked in the same place. Blue Lock has.

Oh, talking about "Lock Off", I just realized that it's a play on the word "Log Off", but change Log to Lock as in Blue Lock, nice play here.

So only that phrase in the manga was censored?
Oct 8, 2022 2:06 PM
Sep 2021
man the studio did really well animation wise.
Oct 8, 2022 2:13 PM

Nov 2017
Having read 2 volumes of the manga yet, it's a masterclass! The chara-design is super neat and I also really like the opening!
ElyshionJan 13, 2023 6:49 AM
Oct 8, 2022 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
nabqz said:
Pyoung said:
Sorry, but this is not my cup of tea. I'm more into sports anime that focus on team work like Haikyuu. If anyone else feels the same way I recommend watching Ao Ashi. It's an amazing soccer/football anime

Finally, an Ao Ashi fan who doesn't hate on BL just because it's not their preference for a football anime.

That is a really unfortunate abbreviation.

But man, this was way more intense then I was expecting. Nice to see something really different for a sepak bola anime
Oct 8, 2022 2:21 PM

Apr 2020
ICIIIII C'EST PARIS
I don't know how signatures work

Oct 8, 2022 2:25 PM
Oct 2022
This anime has sooooo much potential i can see it next to One Piece and AOT
Oct 8, 2022 2:26 PM

Apr 2021
good first episode, the ending has great visuals, but the song is garbage
Oct 8, 2022 2:27 PM
Oct 2020
Simplesmente perfeito.
Estou no nível em mal-badges. Veja meus emblemas.
Oct 8, 2022 2:27 PM
Jun 2020
PERFECT, BEST ANIME OF THE SEASON
Oct 8, 2022 2:29 PM
Aug 2015
As retarded as expected.

2/10, can't even finish the pile of stupid shit.

The bar is appallingly low for this to be praised. (u_u)
Oct 8, 2022 2:30 PM
Feb 2020
Just amazing. Like, a perfect start to the anime.
Oct 8, 2022 2:30 PM

Jul 2017
Fuck, the way they explained "ego" is awsome. The episode was filled with hype af. Can't wait to see more.
Oct 8, 2022 2:32 PM
Jan 2017
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Oct 8, 2022 2:39 PM
Sep 2022
The first episode got me locked in already, can't wait for the next one. Wonder what the next drills gonna look like. Also, Meguru looks like he will be my favorite character in this series
Oct 8, 2022 2:40 PM
Feb 2021
goodddd 1st episode
Oct 8, 2022 2:49 PM
Apr 2020
very well done, i thought the last moment would be a little bit more prolonged though
Oct 8, 2022 2:50 PM

Jan 2009
This will all be in vain once they face Harry Maguire in the World Cup.

PS: its one of the stupidest idea ever for a manga. maybe even too stupid for its own good.
Oct 8, 2022 2:53 PM

Jan 2021
I was not really into sports anime myself until i watched Inazuma Eleven and truly liked it, when i saw Bluelock coming i watched the trailer for it and thought maybe this is interesting and i wasn't wrong.

It starts out with Isagi losing for the nationals and feeling bummed about it even to the point of crying, because he thought that if he didn't pass the ball would go in for sure but he thought about teamplay.

Isagi gets an letter to be invited to some sort of school and Ego stands there explaining everything to them with his frightened look, Nagi gets mad and doesn't accept it for one bit so he goes all out on him but when Ego opens the doors Nagi still decides to compete in it.

They all change and whatnot until Ego comes up on the big screen and tells they will start with "Tag" in the room with the ball, So Isagi thinks he better strike someone lower than him cos he has better chances but ends up failing, until his blue rage comes up in him and he literally kicks the ball across the room against Nagi, which was unexpected.

I really like the art style of this anime even though they have scary looks on their faces sometimes but that's what it makes it even more fun to watch imo (in my opinion), so im looking forward to see what will happen next.

P.S.: Those references to the real football/soccer players was nice (Messi, Ronaldo, Pele) etc.
Oct 8, 2022 2:55 PM
Jun 2019
Çok farklı hissettiriyor
Oct 8, 2022 2:57 PM

Dec 2020
It is as cool as I expected from the show, I usually get let-downs on at least a little bit worse than the original but this was as good- even better than I expected. I am so excited for the next episode. October always is a good month, last time I got Akudama Drive, Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle and ofc my birthday and this year is even better, what more could I ask for?

For card delivery, please click the picture on right
Oct 8, 2022 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
Knew nothing about this anime, so first i was like , yeah this going to be another lame football anime , but after half point i got hooked . Gonna check out more episodes .
Oct 8, 2022 3:07 PM
Sep 2019
2 yrs of waiting was so worth it
Oct 8, 2022 3:13 PM
Feb 2021
I really appreciate this reversal of team sport themes
Oct 8, 2022 3:13 PM
Sep 2018
Phenomenal introductory episode. Perfect balance of lore-setting and action with a great twist at the end. As someone who hasn't read any of it, I'm already impressed and anticipating episode 2 next week. Can't wait!
Oct 8, 2022 3:14 PM
Dec 2021
Memore said:
split09 said:

So only that phrase in the manga was censored?

Guess so
I really wanted to hear that dude just say fuck off, and go on YouTube to see how people reacted to that.
Oct 8, 2022 3:19 PM

May 2021
Surprisingly good adaptation, way better than the ao ashi adaptation, now comes consistency

but damn they censored all of ego's "fuck offs" to lock offs, guess they are not gonna keep any of the heavy cursing in the source
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

343 by bubba460z »»
May 25, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

223 by rahneyskies »»
May 20, 2:15 PM

» Why is it a power point?

Leon888 - May 14

46 by Kaitaka12 »»
May 16, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

130 by Cammell »»
May 9, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

184 by Cammell »»
May 8, 3:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.