Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 7, 2022 11:42 AM

Dec 2019
Kyubi_Ruto said:
Objectively, it's demon slayer. For me, it's AoT.

"Objectively"
What the fuck? Are you sure you're not basing this off of its popularity? Because Demon Slayer, in terms of its writing and characters, really fucking sucks.
Aug 7, 2022 12:00 PM
Nov 2021
chainsaw man is better
Aug 7, 2022 12:18 PM

Jun 2019
No, Mob Psycho is much better.
Aug 7, 2022 12:30 PM
Aug 2013
Jojo's bizarre adventure is the best but I guess it doesn't count as new, even though the anime are new the original material isn't.

So if we're counting Jojo's then i'd have to count the 2011 remake of HXH too

Would have to probably be between these:
Beastars
Attack on titan
Black clover
Magi series
Tokyo revengers
Mob psycho 100
~AnimeDownUnder~

Aug 7, 2022 12:40 PM
Aug 2013
TheAngryNerd said:
Kyubi_Ruto said:

"Objectively"
What the fuck? Are you sure you're not basing this off of its popularity? Because Demon Slayer, in terms of its writing and characters, really fucking sucks.

The story sucks in demon slayer, but the characters are some of it's good points like Hashirama were cool characters. Tanjiro kinda lame though and muzan not really well written as a villain they haven't even really tried to develop muzans character at this point the villains need to be better developed too. So far they're only attacking because they're villains and they don't really have any motive it's bad writing. In the final episode of district arc you finally see some backstory from the villain but they waited until the fight was finished before even showing that like wtf could've actually put that first before they even started fighting then the fight would have made a lot more sense and carried more emotional weight knowing the reason why it was happening and being more connected to the characters during the fight
~AnimeDownUnder~

Aug 7, 2022 1:23 PM
Dec 2021
imobBlack clover>jjk>=aot>>>>>>>>>>demon slayer
Aug 7, 2022 2:32 PM
May 2021
If we’re talking only anime then it’s Demon slayer hands down.

If it’s manga i’d say black clover or chainsaw man.

JJK is good but sometimes gives me a headache when I read it
Aug 7, 2022 2:59 PM
Dec 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
Nah,vinland saga solos,it is definitely among the best tho

Vinland Saga… isn’t a shonen…

If you consider AOT a Shonen then it gets the title but I’d say JJK comes next.
Aug 7, 2022 3:01 PM
Jun 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
Nah,vinland saga solos,it is definitely among the best tho

Isn't Vinland a seinen?
サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Aug 7, 2022 4:31 PM

Oct 2021
Jujutsu Kaisen is mid. Chainsaw Man is objectively the greatest new gen shonen. Delete this embarrassing thread OP.
Aug 7, 2022 5:24 PM
Jan 2022
Yes. It's got a great and such an interesting premise and it's got a dark sweet spot that I love and brilliant characters.
Aug 7, 2022 5:38 PM

Jan 2021
Nope. No offense, but when Itadori was enraged and became black and white, it reminded me of an iconic scene from a mega popular shounen a few years back. But let's suppose that's the best. That's a pretty fucking low bar to set your standards.
Aug 7, 2022 6:26 PM
Jun 2021
DukeGoesCrazy said:
Imma toss a curve ball and say Fire Force 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fax, FF last season gonna prove it
Aug 7, 2022 6:30 PM

Aug 2020
no black clover is miles better. Also I'm gonna throw out a hot take here, but Tokyo Revengers was much more enjoyable than jjk.
Aug 7, 2022 8:26 PM
Mar 2022
Stacias said:
Is Jujutsu Kaisen the best new gen Shounen or not?

I think aot edges it out a little but jjk is an easy second demon slayer fans stay mad
Aug 7, 2022 9:54 PM
Oct 2020
Chainsaw Man part 1 is a shonen so....
Aug 7, 2022 10:11 PM
Jun 2022
Stacias said:
Is Jujutsu Kaisen the best new gen Shounen or not?

Depending how things go down in s2 it has some potential
Aug 8, 2022 12:07 AM

Dec 2020
Kyubi_Ruto said:
People don't think of AOT as a shounen

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Aug 8, 2022 6:12 AM

Dec 2018
I still don’t know what people mean when they say new gen shounen. Tbh I don’t think I’ll ever get what they mean.
Aug 8, 2022 7:19 AM
Mar 2022
Kyubi_Ruto said:

AoT isn't new Gen Shonen, new gen Shonen generally refers to written in 2015 or later
Aug 8, 2022 7:23 AM
Apr 2021
Anime only currently and from a quality standpoint I just find jjk mid.
Sure there’s cool fight scenes, nice character designs and nice animation but it never made me feel something other than hype.
It was just a very well made 8/10 hype beast shonen and that’s ok, but I don’t think it competes with demon slayer, especially season 2.
It just has better fight scenes, better character designs, and much better animation. Not saying it’s an 11/10 masterpiece sent from jesus, I just think it outclasses jjk in almost every aspect
Aug 8, 2022 7:28 AM

May 2013
Probably but it's close to demon slayer

Aug 8, 2022 8:26 AM

Feb 2015
Yeah it probably is.
Aug 8, 2022 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
I don't think it's the best, very rarely think about it

Demon Slayer has stayed in my head for longer and left a bigger impact on me that JK
Aug 8, 2022 10:46 AM
Sep 2021
No but media wise it is. It’s definitely gonna be remembered. But I feel like Attack on Titan is more up there for sure, even if it’s not considered new gen or whatever it kinda is??
Aug 8, 2022 11:13 AM

Feb 2022
Jujutsu Kaisen is very overrated ngl, it really wasnt anything special at all.
Aug 8, 2022 1:26 PM

Jan 2021
The new gen shonen in general are worse than the previous generation, but in any case Jujutsu definitely isn't the best among them.
Aug 8, 2022 2:29 PM

Apr 2019
Ionliosite2 said:
The new gen shonen in general are worse than the previous generation, but in any case Jujutsu definitely isn't the best among them.

^^^ idk which one id give the title too tho. not a jump (mha kny csm jjk) manga for sure
Aug 8, 2022 4:06 PM

Mar 2022
I would not put Black Clover in the discussion. AoT fell of the cliff, DS is average at best, CSM anime is yet to be aired. Jigokuraku also hasn't aired... ugh...
Right now, Jujutsu Kaisen is the best new gen shounen.
Aug 8, 2022 4:18 PM
Jul 2022
Not really, in the early arcs yes I’d definitely say it could be arguably near that too spot, but honestly after the Shibuya arc it has really fallen imo and just doesn’t really have that good a plot and has WAY too much filler.
REMINDER THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
I have my opinion you have yours noone is wrong I just dont think its the best (it is good tho)
Aug 8, 2022 5:52 PM

Jul 2022
JJK is a very good Shonen. It most probably is the best new gen for most people and I personally liked the manga a lot especially the Shibuya arc. However JJK did get boring for me after that arc. I didn't liked the new cast as much as I enjoyed the old cast and dropped the manga because of how bored I got reading it.

I personally enjoy CSM a bit more than JJK mostly because Chainsaw Man has much better humour than JJK. JJK's humour is not funny at all. The art style and panelling of CSM is much superior to JJK as well. Also CSM has a lot of movie references for movie nerds like me to enjoy. I would say CSM is the best new gen Shonen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2022 4:51 AM

Jun 2020
No its not. The end of the discussion.
Aug 9, 2022 6:10 AM
Aug 2022
It's below garbage
Aug 9, 2022 10:08 AM
Jul 2022
Black clover but jjk is in the top of list
Aug 9, 2022 10:30 AM
Feb 2022
So, the question said shounen which is pretty broad, but I going to assume you meant battle shounen and I think new gen battle shounen includes series from 2014 until now.

With that being said it is the fourth best new gen battle shounen behind Black Clover, CSM, and MHA, but I will say it is close between JJK and MHA but I would say MHA's best arc is better than JJK's best arc so I will give it a slight edge.
Aug 9, 2022 2:24 PM

Mar 2022
Since thread is in Anime discussion, I assume we're talking only about anime and not manga. That would mean, CSM is not in the discussion yet.
Even if we ignore this and talk about both anime and especially manga, both CSM and Black Clover are lacking in sales to be considered new gen shounen.
Aug 10, 2022 4:50 AM
Feb 2022
Black Clover
JJK and Mha are good to
and btw, AOT is old gen
and DS is mid show with peak animation
Aug 10, 2022 4:53 AM
Feb 2022
Kyubi_Ruto said:
Sujal234 said:

But is AOT a new gen? because it is almost going to be a decade since aot s1 aired right?
Although I agree with you , it is better than Demon slayer and Jujutsu kaisen .
(I read the mangas of both DS and JJK too)

I guess relative to KnY and JJK it isn't. But for me it kinda falls into next gen since a new season just got released, it's still relevant, and there's still going to be installments in the future. It just comes to what the definition of next-gen we're going to go with

Then you're considering one piece new gen too
Aug 11, 2022 2:47 PM
May 2022
yes until chainsaw man
Aug 14, 2022 6:20 PM
Feb 2021
Probably after Demon Slayer
Aug 15, 2022 7:21 PM
Aug 2022
If you want to call AoT a Shounen it goes to that hands down. As someone who prefers drama and dialogue over straight action, Jujutsu Kaisen was a struggle to get through. The comedic elements are great but it is hard for root for the empty characters.
Aug 16, 2022 7:47 AM
Feb 2021
BlueMoose said:
Anime only currently and from a quality standpoint I just find jjk mid.
Sure there’s cool fight scenes, nice character designs and nice animation but it never made me feel something other than hype.
It was just a very well made 8/10 hype beast shonen and that’s ok, but I don’t think it competes with demon slayer, especially season 2.
It just has better fight scenes, better character designs, and much better animation. Not saying it’s an 11/10 masterpiece sent from jesus, I just think it outclasses jjk in almost every aspect

Get ready for jjk season 2 then🗿 about to be good asf
Jun 2, 2023 8:41 PM
Sep 2021
Yes. We hv an MC who hv personalities of an old gen mc, a well written female casts(yes, even the useless is well written), a deuteragonist who look emo but is a nice guy & a hot sensei coz no new gen anime is good without gojo
Jun 2, 2023 9:51 PM

Mar 2021
I guess so, mostly because it's far ahead of it's competitors (only CSM comes somewhat close to it). What are the most influential battle shounen out there right now JJK, Demon Slayer, MHA, Black Clover and Chainsaw Man. 
Black Clover is fun and have some intelligent world building but I don't think it even come close to JJK in terms of story telling and character interaction. 

Demon Slayer to be honest can only compete with JJK in terms of animation, battle animation to be more specific. I enjoy watching KNY, but we all know how dumb the characters talk and interact with each other. Most of the times it's all about hashiras and the uppermoons (most of the hype is around them, both MC and the main antagonist are boring and bland) and lack of world building is quite noticeable.

MHA, let's be honest, it's a bad show. It had some potential in the beginning but it wasted all of them, it's like you have all the right ingredients still somehow you f*ck the recipe. As a result, most emotional scenes that are meant to be sad end up making the audience cringe.

CSM is the only real competitor it has. Now comparing these too is somewhat tough as both are very well written and well executed battle shounens. Although personally I find some aspects of JJK better than CSM (which is quite subjective) like the amount of likeable characters and rewatchablity factor. Also I feel the story of JJK is like a constant increasing graph with possibly no low points, but I did find some lows in CSM story.

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jun 5, 2023 8:07 AM
Sep 2022
Animillion said:
Kyubi_Ruto said:
As generic as it sounds, it's gonna have to go to demon slayer. Love it or hate it, the show's success is undeniably massive

Ufotable is a god that allowed that to happen. Don’t get me wrong l, I like DS but it’s the art and animation that elevated the series to even be considered for this status
ufotable? Allowed that happened? Art and animation? Bro without Demon Slayer's story and magnificent Characters ufotable wouldn't be making so much money right now. Other ufotable's work didn't get recognition because their Storylines weren't as appealing as Demon Slayer, nobody would even be talking about ufotable if not for Demon Slayer.
Jun 5, 2023 8:21 AM
Sep 2022
It's definitely up there but Demon Slayer is just on another level in terms of creativity, characters, fights, animation and storytelling.

JJK seems to be lacking in so many aspects like fight build ups and most of it feels like there is no plot and rarely feel anything from it like DS.
Talking about other new gens... Black clover is garbage, mha fell of after season 3.
If AOT is considered new gen I would also put it in the competition with Demon Slayer.
Jun 8, 2023 8:55 AM

Jan 2020
Staxrex said:
Animillion said:

Ufotable is a god that allowed that to happen. Don’t get me wrong l, I like DS but it’s the art and animation that elevated the series to even be considered for this status
ufotable? Allowed that happened? Art and animation? Bro without Demon Slayer's story and magnificent Characters ufotable wouldn't be making so much money right now. Other ufotable's work didn't get recognition because their Storylines weren't as appealing as Demon Slayer, nobody would even be talking about ufotable if not for Demon Slayer.

By no means am I hating on Demon Slayer because it’s one of my favourite anime. I was just saying this because someone I know who finished the manga and also watches the anime shared this opinion. Also, it’s undeniable that Ufotable has carried Demon Slayer to another level. But yea, I also like Demon Slayer’s characters and story
Jun 13, 2023 8:32 AM
Sep 2022
Animillion said:
Staxrex said:

By no means am I hating on Demon Slayer because it’s one of my favourite anime. I was just saying this because someone I know who finished the manga and also watches the anime shared this opinion. Also, it’s undeniable that Ufotable has carried Demon Slayer to another level. But yea, I also like Demon Slayer’s characters and story
I didn't say you were hating.. I was trying to tell you that ufotable elevated demon Slayer and Demon Slayer elevated ufotable.
They wouldn't have been globally known if not for DS. Also a show is nothing without great animation, I can't consider a show top tier if it has trash tier animation.
Jun 14, 2023 10:44 AM

Jan 2020
Staxrex said:
Animillion said:

I didn't say you were hating.. I was trying to tell you that ufotable elevated demon Slayer and Demon Slayer elevated ufotable.
They wouldn't have been globally known if not for DS. Also a show is nothing without great animation, I can't consider a show top tier if it has trash tier animation.
Fair point. I can stomach bad animation if the underlying show is entertaining, but it’s really tough to do so for action battle anime
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Today, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
Yesterday, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.