Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 2, 2023 7:06 AM

Sep 2012
They went all out with the science work in this one. A little bit too fast pacing for my liking and would've prefer to watch this as a full movie. Ryuusui has a similar personality with Senku but an arrogant one and full of himself. This was a great bridge and also acts as kind of a prologue for the next season. 
Feb 11, 2023 2:37 PM

Nov 2009
so... they re-created the "Money" system again...

Money is crap really... it's the literal bases of Greed and Slavery.

As once money is there, the "rich" can control the "poor". (just like how Gen showed us that by using monetary value, he controls others to work)

Especially since the world has been living for 3000 years without any monetary system, people helped each other to live and survive.

I also do hope they won't really end up with this Money thing next season.

___ ___ ___

And LOL, Yuzuriha asked for a simple Loom, and Senkuu build her a manual machine.

But it still takes quite a while.

Meanwhile... Gen is bribing the muscle-brains to work.

And apparently to make more "money"... they had Yuzuriha make "modern styled Fashion Show" to sell... Yuzuriha's pretty happy to make all these cloth tho, cause this was her Hobby from before.

___ ___ ___

And they finally build the Blimp.

Chrome: "The world really is round", *angry Kkona noises in background*

And they face the danger of flying a Blimp, it's weak to wind directions since non-propelled Blimps can't go against the wind.

And it's a miracle that Senkuu held on without any strap... dude would have died.
amlgFeb 11, 2023 3:02 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 16, 2023 5:03 AM

Jun 2019
I kinda forgot how much I love this show. This special was so amazing. Ryuusui looks like a fun character. Science Rules...
Mar 21, 2023 12:08 PM
Mar 2023
very good introduction to my favourite character
Mar 21, 2023 12:08 PM
Mar 2023
very good introduction to my favourite character
Mar 23, 2023 8:04 PM

Aug 2019
I'm hype for season 3 
Mar 24, 2023 3:32 AM

Jul 2014
The comedy and the moment are way better in this special ep. had to give it a higher rating than the rest

9/10 , definitely watching S3
Mar 25, 2023 6:56 PM
Jan 2023
could have been longer
Mar 29, 2023 8:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The last part in the hot air balloon was absolutely incredible!
Apr 2, 2023 7:23 AM

Jun 2017
I haven't watched Dr.Stone in a while, so I might be misremembering things, but I didn't like this special much at all. First of all, the idea that they are sailing to "the other side of the world" to find the source makes 0 sense. They have absolutely no clue where that beam originated. What, they will search all of the Americas "street by street, neighborhood by neighborhood" like Gaddafi's infamous declaration? lol. Not to mention that the travel plan picture showed they intend to go to Chile. You'd think they would at least go to the US as it is the most likely source.

There were other things too. I didn't like the idea of money returning and inequality rearing its ugly head again with the full support of everyone, or how Senku remained hanging from the air balloon for who knows how long without anyone pulling him just to make a stupid joke, or how other than that they were never afraid of falling off the air balloon.

I hope Season 3 will be better and the logic of this trip will be explained (unless it has been explained already and I forgot).
Apr 2, 2023 6:26 PM
Nov 2016
Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger Bunger
Apr 3, 2023 2:15 AM

Mar 2015
Okay that was an awesome special! Ryuusui is an awesome fella and I look forward to the third season!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 6, 2023 1:33 AM

Nov 2021
got to know about this special ep just today.
I don't know how I missed this one.
Apr 6, 2023 5:58 AM
Dec 2018
Really enjoyed this movie/episode.
Apr 6, 2023 3:57 PM

Jul 2016
54 minutes of pure science and crafting without any of the cliche shounen bs the two previous seasons had? Best Dr. Stone entry ever!
Seriously, really liked this Special. Seeing Yuzuriha becoming an important part of the inventions was great and the emotion Chrome felt during his first time flight almost got me.

7,5/10 -> 8/10
Apr 7, 2023 11:06 AM
Sep 2019
really great episode
Apr 8, 2023 1:01 AM

Nov 2020
Bro just woke up in a pure and new world and the first thing he did is brought back capitalism 💀💀💀

Tsukasa wasn't totally wrong

Apr 8, 2023 1:30 PM
Mar 2022
very very good, great humor and writing. Looking forward to the rest.
Apr 12, 2023 1:06 PM

May 2016
I'm a big fan of Ryusui, great character to add to the course.
Apr 12, 2023 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
This is exhilirating! Really enjoyable. I remember reading this arc in the manga and I'm glad to see it animated now though it feels weird because I keep on remembering black and white manga panels :ehe: 
Apr 13, 2023 7:19 PM
May 2017
This is Dr Stone at it's best. Season 1 was full on science based, season 2 traded that science for action, this was a return to the largely scientific explanations of season 1 but it retained the excitement of season 2. Oddly enough, I never heard of this even though this was the bridge from season 2 to 3. I found this just by chance while looking at the page for season 3. That explains why I felt the first episode was "missing something" ah well, shit happens. 

Ryusei ftw, he has that larger than life persona that meshes perfectly well with Senku, Chrome and Gen

9/10 
Apr 14, 2023 10:14 AM

Oct 2011
Not gonna lie, that fashion show made me laugh out loud!! xD
Apr 19, 2023 3:42 AM
Mar 2020
Amazing! Gave me goosebumps!
Apr 20, 2023 9:13 PM
Oct 2019
i was entertained. significantly better than season 2 (even though this was only 2 "episodes" in length lol), which was a major disappointment imo

only thing i didn't care for was the thunderstorm air balloon scene. the top of a cumulonimbus cloud is way outside the oxygen/air pressure levels that humans can survive

aside from that, all the sciencey stuff was great (thread/cloth/loom, money, searching for oil, hot air balloon - aside from the thunderstorm haha, etc)

and props to that guy for his drawing of a boat. that was a really great idea, actually. the new sailor guy is pretty compelling

7/10. honestly probably would've been 8/10 if not for that "great escape" hot air balloon
Apr 22, 2023 2:42 AM

May 2009
Damn so many things happened in this episode! building a ship, establishing currency, making hot air balloon, opening a department store.. I was enjoying every moment of it that I didn't notice that this was actually 50+ mins long!

Everytime this series makes me appreciate the modern world, I can't help but feeling a liiiittle bit teary-eyed.

Also this version of Good Morning World definitely gives me goosebumps!

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 29, 2023 6:28 AM
May 2020
FLIGHT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!!!!
May 3, 2023 9:15 PM
Jan 2022
GOOD ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
May 16, 2023 3:52 PM

Sep 2017
You know, I'm starting to wonder: How the hell hasn't the people's language changed after 3000 years?
خ
May 29, 2023 9:35 PM
Oct 2020
Somehow I missed this one- only found out when I was ready to start season 3. So I paused the new season to watch Ryuusui and boy, I'm glad I did! In addition to it's importance to the overall story it felt like I was back in season 1. That is to say: back in the science discovery phase instead of the more story-oriented Stone Wars arc. Not that it was bad: I love all of the Dr. Stone seasons so far and they all rate 10/10 for me. The concept is just so great, and the execution is perfect every time. So excited to dive back into season 3!
May 30, 2023 2:20 PM

Oct 2019
A great special with a neat demonstration of not just science but social engineering. I can't wait to start the next season!
Jun 3, 2023 3:55 PM
May 2019
Funny and interesting, didn't disappoint! Reminded me why I really love this show haha
Jun 9, 2023 11:06 AM

May 2015
So fun! They are flying now! NEAT!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 13, 2023 12:32 PM

Dec 2017
 this got me hyped a lot more than S2
Jul 6, 2023 11:36 AM
Jan 2016
Pacing is immaculate. Hypes up for the entire next season.
Great Animation, character designs, music, visuals.

Peak
Jul 7, 2023 8:49 PM

Jan 2014
I loved how Ryuusui trying to trick senku into giving him wealth but then got scammed a minutes later by Senku & Gen duo
Aug 16, 2023 2:48 PM

Dec 2007
wow it's been some time 'till i finally decided to watch this. good to be back in dr stone, i actually missed this anime.

ryuusui is crazy as senku lol, he actually made currency based on oil they hasn't found yet.
and yet, they did so much on this episode - started building the ship, made the air balloon, but they haven't achieved much. which made this special, little, erm, pointless?
well you can say that presenting ryuusui was the important part.

while i found here same pace issues s2 did have, in s2 it made some sense i believe, but here i found myself wishing this was more of 3 ova 20min episodes rather than long 50 minutes. i think it would give little more breath time.

either way, i really enjoyed it.
Sep 10, 2023 8:28 PM
Apr 2021
super i loved this episode
Sep 17, 2023 5:47 PM
Sep 2023
Ryusui is amazing. that's just it.
Nov 1, 2023 9:01 AM
Sep 2015
Simple , Fun and exciting to watch people coming together to create scientific wonders !
Dec 1, 2023 6:31 PM

Nov 2023
This was a good recap through stage play
Dec 27, 2023 6:37 AM

Nov 2018
they made it.... they made money....
Jan 5, 9:59 AM
Aug 2023
in mang this happter
Jan 13, 6:49 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to deg
Tsukasa should hate Ryusui since he is the embodiment of capitalism and economic inequality because he is one of the elites or rich lol

i was worried Senku will lose his grip in the hot air balloon though but surprisingly Senku has a lot of grip strength

"People are Power" - Senku
@deg fr he is like the opposite of Tsukasa
Jan 13, 6:49 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to EstebanOD
I genuinely hope that money won't play an important role in the next seasons
@EstebanOD sameeee
Jan 13, 6:50 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to HD90
i'm happy to see senkuu and gen evil face again... lol
@HD90 sameee😭😭😭😭
Jan 13, 6:52 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to KinjiKido
I don't see any point of selling science in exchange for money while you can just printing money. I mean if he (ryusei) want money then just print money to give him. there is no point of selling like clothes or joker card to get those useless paper (money). in the dr stone world I only consider silver gold diamon jewel is currency and worth its power.
also working in dr stone world is the most powerful currency.
@KinjiKido THATS LITERALLY WHAT I THOUGHT. Like can’t they just secretly make
More money. It’s literally just ordinary paper it has no value
Jan 13, 6:54 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to amlg
so... they re-created the "Money" system again...

Money is crap really... it's the literal bases of Greed and Slavery.

As once money is there, the "rich" can control the "poor". (just like how Gen showed us that by using monetary value, he controls others to work)

Especially since the world has been living for 3000 years without any monetary system, people helped each other to live and survive.

I also do hope they won't really end up with this Money thing next season.

___ ___ ___

And LOL, Yuzuriha asked for a simple Loom, and Senkuu build her a manual machine.

But it still takes quite a while.

Meanwhile... Gen is bribing the muscle-brains to work.

And apparently to make more "money"... they had Yuzuriha make "modern styled Fashion Show" to sell... Yuzuriha's pretty happy to make all these cloth tho, cause this was her Hobby from before.

___ ___ ___

And they finally build the Blimp.

Chrome: "The world really is round", *angry Kkona noises in background*

And they face the danger of flying a Blimp, it's weak to wind directions since non-propelled Blimps can't go against the wind.

And it's a miracle that Senkuu held on without any strap... dude would have died.
@amlg I was really upset when they brought back money. Like
Money never did any of us good
Jan 13, 6:55 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Tsunamii_
Bro just woke up in a pure and new world and the first thing he did is brought back capitalism 💀💀💀

Tsukasa wasn't totally wrong
@Tsunamii_ exactly, it hasn’t even been a month and capitalism is back sigh
Jan 13, 6:58 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to MagePhaira
Damn so many things happened in this episode! building a ship, establishing currency, making hot air balloon, opening a department store.. I was enjoying every moment of it that I didn't notice that this was actually 50+ mins long!

Everytime this series makes me appreciate the modern world, I can't help but feeling a liiiittle bit teary-eyed.

Also this version of Good Morning World definitely gives me goosebumps!
@MagePhaira fr human race came so far
Feb 18, 3:41 AM

Nov 2019
This movie Gen shone through the most with his play reenactment of Senku to influence the brawny survivors to join Senku's side, The ship building competition to get the 2 scheming survivors on board with the plan, finding a captain for the ship, bringing in the drago money to influence working culture among the community, buy the rumors sell the news tactics to influence the wealthy to work and sustain the drago money's value, the competition for who could weave the longest thread which was also schemed by Gen to get the survivors to continue production of threads, the department store to create luxury goods at high price to make drago back for oil prices and more. Especially getting captain to work for free using the reverse pscyhology method and making him not win a spot on the hot air balloon. Such an interesting short movie though.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Continuity errors?

ST63LTH - Feb 18

9 by dearestclaudio »»
Mar 6, 3:01 PM

» The new guy: Ryuusui - What do you think of him?

Sysny - Jul 11, 2022

27 by SarahxLevi »»
Jan 13, 6:43 PM

» OP "Good Morning [New] World"

deg - Jul 10, 2022

9 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:44 PM

» Is this canon?

StuntMastah - Jun 25, 2022

15 by gyroandhisballs »»
Mar 11, 2023 10:19 AM

» Is it necessary to watch this?

ItzNishant_123 - Nov 2, 2022

27 by ItzNishant_123 »»
Nov 3, 2022 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.