Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Uncle from Another World
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2022 12:53 AM
May 2020
I read the scans, I bought the books, and now the anime is here. And it's great! They really nailed translating the art style and comedy from the manga. I'm so happy this is working out. I laughed so many times watching this episode.
Jul 7, 2022 12:56 AM

Jul 2013
Wow that Sonic opening really hits the nostalgia.
Jul 7, 2022 1:09 AM

Oct 2016
That swerve at the beginning with truck-kun lmao. This shit is fucking great, it feels really refreshing, especially for an isekai, this slaps.

Tsundere elf is really going to tsun her way to the modern world, now that's dedication.

I want to know what Ojisan thinks of the Yakuza series as a Sega fan. Really looking forward to more of this show.
Jul 7, 2022 1:31 AM
Nov 2018
Very funny show. Lots of interesting ideas.

commonxreaction said:
He seems to have had it rough, but, at the same time, he's clearly very powerful. So it's still somewhat of a mystery as to why things were so hard. With so much power you'd think he'd at least be able to mitigate some of those situations. Not sure if they'll address it any further than "he was just ugly though."

They did address it. He is not just ugly, he is also extremely clueless. Most of the time he doesn't realize problem exists, it would be the first step for mitigation. Like kids attack or elf girl's feelings.
Jul 7, 2022 2:21 AM

Apr 2009
Very unexpected. Seems like it's One Punch Man for Isekai. Very good.
Jul 7, 2022 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
Wdtm86 said:
1 episode and already more funny than 2 seasons + movie of Konosuba

wow, cannot be more true.
Jul 7, 2022 2:43 AM
Dec 2020
Nobody noticed the Alien Soldier reference when the uncle mentioned the girl he loves that was killed and then turned into a weapon? He's actually talking her boss fight in that game.
Jul 7, 2022 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
Hilarious first episode. I wasn't expecting it to be this funny.

I really feel sorry for the uncle. The way the girl and the two kids reacted to him when he saved them was depressing.

The uncle being clueless about the elf girl's feelings was funny.

Jul 7, 2022 3:57 AM

Feb 2019
Ten minutes in and I've identified both of the only two jokes this has. Another weak Isekai, away with it.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 7, 2022 4:41 AM
Jan 2017
laughing so hard when watch this,, sure,, must watch series,,
Jul 7, 2022 4:51 AM

Jan 2014
Honestly really fun to watch. It’s almost like a parody of the isekai genre. With dumb, geeky and dark comedy. Characters are likeable and memorable, art is nice, animation is kinda mid, but the show doesn’t need to have the smoothest animation for it to work, so it’s not a big deal.
I’m looking forward to it.
Im excited for this show and I just hope that the comedy keeps on delivering because I had a blast on this first episode.

Jul 7, 2022 5:08 AM
Jun 2020
The uncle is unintentionally the most suave man in existence.
Jul 7, 2022 5:31 AM
作画

Nov 2019
Khunime said:
Horrible adaptation for sure.
it's literally near perfect, are you on crack or something?
Jul 7, 2022 6:10 AM

Mar 2008
Didn’t know a show could be so equally depressing as it is funny.

The art style feels like a mixed feeling for me. It looks good somewhat old school vibes and like crap at the same time. I think it must be the thin more hand drawn looking line art doesn’t look good on the size screen I am watching on and a lot of stuff isn’t drawn with any detail. The animation seemed to be pretty decent.

Liked the OP first round too.
Jul 7, 2022 6:42 AM

Nov 2013
Dammit! Forgot to read the genre again and thought it would be some PTSD, psychological anime about coping with reality. I mean, I can't imagine the mental stress one must endure after spending 17 years in another world, and then returning to their own. Turns out this is a comedy lol. It's really interesting and entertaining though.

Fells bad for that elf-girl... xD
Jul 7, 2022 6:42 AM

Mar 2012
Finally someone getting rid of a tsundere! The MC I've been waiting for is finally here! Such a shame that he's ugly
Jul 7, 2022 9:39 AM

Oct 2015
Good start.

I'm loving it already, love how it's not pretentious like most isekai trash out there.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 7, 2022 9:45 AM
Apr 2022
I was thinking the man will get Isekai. But it's the uncle that back from Isekai world. Got thinking that the uncle is delusional but Lmao, it's funny and since the characters involved older human as one the main.
Jul 7, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2018
this is hilarious, I'm gonna enjoy this
Jul 7, 2022 10:23 AM
Jun 2021
Fumiya_I said:
I didn't understand the SEGA game related clips since I'm not that old, still I enjoyed the first episode. It's like a whole new type of Isekai. Lets see the coming episodes.

https://youtu.be/wmk7m1HTkU4
Jul 7, 2022 11:06 AM
Jun 2019
I’ll admit, it had me in the first half ngl

Takafumi>>>> Any isekai protagonist. He LITERALLY survived the indomitable Truck-Kun.

Definitely an interesting take on the isekai genre. But now I wonder how to get got into a coma. If he did it via the traditional way, aka Truck-kun, then I’m amazed his body is still normal.
The show itself seems pretty self-aware, especially with the first 60 seconds of it. You gotta watch you Truck-kun, they’re onto you.
With this anime and the virgin road isekai anime, maybe, JUST MAYBE, being isekaied is that the right word?, isn’t so great after all. You win some, you lose even more.

First episode, and we got Truck-kun, bandits, tsunderes, trolls on the internet, some internet slang words, and isekai protags being nerds or otaku with no friends. And maybe a calling on dense protagonists?

I love this guy!

I also love this guy, he’s basically kinda like us, the audience, with anime knowledge and understanding.

Anyway, the first episode was great. A solid 9/10 for me. This anime, along with Made in Abyss, has become the highlight of my Wednesdays.
Joey-XD19202Jul 7, 2022 11:11 AM
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 7, 2022 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
another one i liked! great
Jul 7, 2022 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
I havent commented in a mal discussion in a long time but I just watched this because it was on netflix. Cant believe mangaka's can still think of a unique take on the isekai genre and I actually find this hilarious. Im not even much of a comedy fan.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 7, 2022 12:18 PM

Jun 2016
i really enjoyed this show already !!
very funny to watch ..
Jul 7, 2022 12:49 PM

Apr 2022
Tatsuya said:
LoveScope said:
They had a few hiccups like the wrong sonic music in the flashback but other than that EP1 was a great adaptation and it seems like the director did his homework.

It's possible that's meant as a reference in itself, as it's the music for the beta stage from sonic 2 known as wood zone which might have been used in early preview builds for the game they used in shops in japan.

Never heard of the chemical plant using wood zone's OST before. In fact the earliest prototype I could find was this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TpqoPPqWdg.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Jul 7, 2022 2:30 PM

Jan 2009
LoveScope said:
Tatsuya said:

It's possible that's meant as a reference in itself, as it's the music for the beta stage from sonic 2 known as wood zone which might have been used in early preview builds for the game they used in shops in japan.

Never heard of the chemical plant using wood zone's OST before. In fact the earliest prototype I could find was this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TpqoPPqWdg.
I wasn't talking about chemical plant using wood zone as a music track, what i was referring to was back in the day, sega would sometimes have demo carts that didn't actually let you play games on them, that would loop generated gameplay on, this was a japan only thing if i remember right, but my point is that it's possible that this was a deeper reference that someone who didn't live in japan at the time, wouldn't get.
Jul 7, 2022 3:00 PM

Apr 2022

Maou_heika said:
Finally someone getting rid of a tsundere! The MC I've been waiting for is finally here! Such a shame that he's ugly

You should just drop the anime if you don't like Sui.
Tatsuya said:
LoveScope said:

I wasn't talking about chemical plant using wood zone as a music track, what i was referring to was back in the day, sega would sometimes have demo carts that didn't actually let you play games on them, that would loop generated gameplay on, this was a japan only thing if i remember right, but my point is that it's possible that this was a deeper reference that someone who didn't live in japan at the time, wouldn't get.

I've never heard of a Sonic 2 demo cart that did that. Would be nice for somebody that knows more or that lived in Japan to confirm it though.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Jul 7, 2022 3:18 PM
Aug 2020
"A man who choose SEGA console cannot live an ordinary life."
Oh God LMAOOOOO

Loved this, especially the SEGA references, I identified with the uncle hard. Hyped
Jul 7, 2022 3:28 PM
Oct 2017
Rock solid first episode!
I'm totally hyped and content, wew!
Jul 7, 2022 5:23 PM
Oct 2012
Damn the fake truck-kun in the opening, just for a real truck-kun to have existed.
Really weird show, decently fun.
The SEGA jokes really got me.
Jul 7, 2022 9:26 PM

Sep 2018
This was one of the best 1st episodes to a series I ever seen. A solid 10/10 so far from me. Love the tsundere elf, and how cool the uncle is.
Jul 8, 2022 6:39 AM

Jan 2021
Looks like a fun anime, and poor uncle, dude was so ugly that everyone tried to kill him. Hope he finds out that elf loved him in her weird sort of early 2000's tsundare way.

A character being so ugly that people want to kill him. This is what Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- should have been. Not the MC getting a fricking mask that solves all his problems.
Jul 8, 2022 7:25 AM

Apr 2020
Yeah no doubts this is a fun anime. We already have such a nice interaction from Takafumi and Ojisan, and I don't know where to begin.

Ojisan being such a SEGA incel suddenly knowing the concept of Internet, clickbait thumbnails and Nintendo being the dominant console is such a leap. Also I can't believe he can show his memories from another world like a regular video. But funs aside, Ojisan really went through a lot from the pestering of the tsundere Elf, to the disapproval of the other world for his ugly face, shit is tough for him.

But now that he's here, he can enjoy a different kind of life that is different from the 1990's life and the Isekai life, of course with the powers that he somehow maintained post-isekai.
Jul 8, 2022 7:45 AM

Jan 2016

this is a personal attack on me
oh... but sonic r was so fun...
Jul 8, 2022 8:43 AM

Mar 2018
The man is stupid and clueless. I don't watch stupid
Jul 8, 2022 8:49 AM
Dec 2020
Funny start, the animation is pleasing to the eyes
Jul 8, 2022 10:35 AM

May 2013
This is an absolute sleeper hit.
Didn't expect it to be so fcking good.

9/10 first ep.
I hope they keep this level.
Jul 8, 2022 10:53 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Uncle went into a coma and ended up in another world where he was hunted but an elf ends up falling in love with him and he always ran away from her and when he wakes up he starts to win money with your powers
Jul 8, 2022 1:01 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I love this. The art, the sound, the characters. I already new this was going to be something big and it already has in only the first episode.
This is the way anime should be and not the stupid fancy stuff like AOT or something similar. Looking forward to next episode.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jul 8, 2022 3:29 PM

Sep 2017
Lol this was so weird. I guess we will get a mix of content from isekai vs irl. Dude just had to worst isekai progtag life. Plus that sega/Sonic love. I wonder how much they had to dish out to be able to say/show that.
Jul 8, 2022 4:39 PM
Jan 2020
Sleeper hit of the season, omg I died.
Jul 8, 2022 4:39 PM

Dec 2008
A fellow SEGA FAN! YAASSS! I loved this. 8 out of 10 so far. I am shocked Netflix has finally find out how to make a good anime for once, because everything else they makes sucks. THIS WAS GOLD! I look forward to the rest! ^<^
Jul 8, 2022 4:53 PM

Jul 2014
Loved it! Best comedy I've seen in a while. MC reminds me of long hair from Prison School.
Jul 8, 2022 5:11 PM

May 2017
this one is diffrent looking isekai and i like it, i will watching it till the end
Jul 8, 2022 6:26 PM
Jan 2019
Based on the first episode alone, i would like this anime.
Jul 8, 2022 8:42 PM
Oct 2018
He concludes to say the spells in Japanese to make them work, but how come the mind erasing spells are still in Granbahamal?
Jul 8, 2022 10:45 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
17 yrs no harem, uncle is chad!!!

The premise is really interesting, not a lot of anime like this so I'm glad to see something new since most isekai anime don't show what happens after they return to their world. I thought this was be a lot more comedic, it did get a few good laughs from me but I guess my expectations were a bit too high.

It's amusing how Takafumi is using his uncle's magic for YouTube videos, I thought he was going to come up with some different idea since I am sure his uncle would be able to find a way to achieve with his extensive knowledge.

Seeing Takafumi's uncle complaining about the tsundere elf was funny, especially how we see her true feelings but his uncle doesn't get it. That ring scene was too funny and I can't believe he took it back to sell and she still stuck around him, I hope we see how he ditched her in the end lol.

Jul 9, 2022 12:31 AM
Jul 2021
How many MC's can say they survived the mighty Truck-kun?! This MC can LMAO. Good overall first episode, let's wait and see if this anime keeps on delivering in its entire duration.
I hope it's does but with todays anime you can never know for sure.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 9, 2022 7:25 AM
Jul 2020
Meh, it was ok. I’ll watch yo episode 3 at the very least. Only got a chuckle out of me at the beginning with truck kun not hitting him. Animation wasn’t my favorite either.
Jul 9, 2022 9:05 AM

Dec 2018
Such a weird first episode... It's amazing that he still can use magic in the real world... Just curious how he's back to his original world after those 17 years stuck on the other world.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2022

83 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 20, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2022

160 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 19, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2022

129 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 19, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2022

189 by RGreatDanton »»
May 19, 7:45 PM

» season 2?

Eldencheese - Dec 21, 2023

10 by Urdli »»
May 8, 11:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.