Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 24, 2021 7:05 PM
Jan 2019
miros said:
LostSpectre said:
Well, aside from the fact that the bath scene is animated instead of being completely static drawings, it's easily more sexual and fanservice heavy than the source material, to imply that they didn't change much of anything is just false, they even removed the steam on their butts from the shot where she's bathing the brother, giving us some equal opportunity fanservice lol. You just don't need to try this hard to make it seem like Passione isn't ramping up the fanservice, they have been doing so since the beginning, and I expect them to continue to do so, despite the manga essentially dropping it from ch. 8 onward.

if you are going to be that "technical" we may as well say it wasn't animated because both of her taking a shower and staying on the bathtub were just still shots...

I'm not trying to do/protect anything my bro i just don't like reading BS ,if you didn't paid attetion i said in my previous comment they made the water transperent (why do you think they did that specially in a bath scene? because it's passione...) also fog-kun disappear (whcih i forgot to metion) but saying they "changed/added" a lot of thing it's straight up false

well considering they wash themselves off before getting in the bathtub in japan it would be wired for the water not to be transparent unless they used some kind of bath bomb which I’m pretty sure they didn’t and the fog would disappear when little brother opened the door I’m not sure what mr technical is complaining about because every thing went down as it would in real life. So don’t waste time arguing with him
Oct 24, 2021 7:20 PM

Jan 2020
I liked this episode quite a bit. Maybe my favorite of the series

I appreciate seeing Miko's point of view for the whole TV stuff during the after credits scene but wow... that plot twist with the dad was something I wasn't expecting at all.

At first I was in disbelief and thought maybe it was her grandfather or something at first before I quickly realized it was actually what it looked like. It's pretty sad ngl

But good episode

Oct 24, 2021 7:30 PM

Feb 2014
The bath scene was defo highlight of this episode. But damn they had to hit us with the twist at the end.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 24, 2021 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
miros said:
LostSpectre said:
Well, aside from the fact that the bath scene is animated instead of being completely static drawings, it's easily more sexual and fanservice heavy than the source material, to imply that they didn't change much of anything is just false, they even removed the steam on their butts from the shot where she's bathing the brother, giving us some equal opportunity fanservice lol. You just don't need to try this hard to make it seem like Passione isn't ramping up the fanservice, they have been doing so since the beginning, and I expect them to continue to do so, despite the manga essentially dropping it from ch. 8 onward.

if you are going to be that "technical" we may as well say it wasn't animated because both of her taking a shower and staying on the bathtub were indeed just still/static shots...

I'm not trying to do/protect anything my bro i just don't like reading BS ,if you paid attetion inmy previous comment i said they made the water transperent (why do you think they did that specially in a bath scene? because it's passione...) also fog-kun disappear (whcih i forgot to metion) but saying they "changed/added" a lot of thing it's straight up false

Don't reply to me if the only thing you're going to demonstrate is your poor reading comprehension. I said "aside from" meaning not counting the natural difference between manga and anime, and yet you're bringing up the "technical" aspect as if you are making some elaborate point. Then you tried to imply that I stated they "changed/added a lot of things" when what I actually said was "to imply that they didn't change much of anything is just false" because they did make several relevant changes and lengthened the whole scene itself, making my viewpoint objectively more correct than yours. You should really just stop, you have previously admitted that you are lacking in good sense when it comes to issues related to the fanservice.
LostSpectreOct 24, 2021 7:51 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 24, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
Travis501 said:
miros said:

if you are going to be that "technical" we may as well say it wasn't animated because both of her taking a shower and staying on the bathtub were just still shots...

I'm not trying to do/protect anything my bro i just don't like reading BS ,if you didn't paid attetion i said in my previous comment they made the water transperent (why do you think they did that specially in a bath scene? because it's passione...) also fog-kun disappear (whcih i forgot to metion) but saying they "changed/added" a lot of thing it's straight up false

well considering they wash themselves off before getting in the bathtub in japan it would be wired for the water not to be transparent unless they used some kind of bath bomb which I’m pretty sure they didn’t and the fog would disappear when little brother opened the door I’m not sure what mr technical is complaining about because every thing went down as it would in real life. So don’t waste time arguing with him
What the fuck does real life have to do with whether or not it's spiced up compared to the manga? What are you even talking about?
LostSpectreOct 24, 2021 7:52 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 24, 2021 7:59 PM

Jun 2019
Welp, this still has yet to keep my interest so I’m gonna drop it.

The fanservice coming back doesn’t help, but what really did it in was that it wasn’t funny and it wasn’t scary. So we just watch Mieruko get really scared of ghosts that she can’t touch and can’t do anything if she doesn’t react? Over and over again for 12 episodes? I’ll pass. I don’t need to keep getting frustrated at why she keeps looking at them and trying to stop other people from interacting with them. I know it’s not a good situation, but come on.

If it gets much better later then I might pick it back up, we’ll see.
Oct 24, 2021 8:09 PM

May 2019
KitsuFreeze said:
So it seems that now the spirits are following Miko even at her house. Things will get even more exhausting now... In the beginnin of the episode, she bought a pudding with Hana. And it turns out that after all she gave the pudding for her grandfather. Putting it on the little temple at their home.

"And it turns out that after all she gave the pudding for her grandfather"

Well, this is what happens when people watch anime in a mobile, vertically, and with 2x speed.
Oct 24, 2021 8:10 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
At least she woke up to her best ghost yet.
Oct 24, 2021 8:16 PM
Jan 2019
LostSpectre said:
Travis501 said:
What the fuck does real life have to do with whether or not it's spiced up compared to the manga? What are you even talking about?
look your the one that started it comparing the manga with the anime so now you get mad when someone use your reasoning to the changes against you like of course things would look differently from manga to anime and I’m just saying the anime did it in a more realistic way than the manga. Just stay mad because there’s a bit of fan service
Oct 24, 2021 8:16 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, it turns out that Miko's father is dead, what a plot twist
Oct 24, 2021 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Travis501 said:
LostSpectre said:
look your the one that started it comparing the manga with the anime so now you get mad when someone use your reasoning to the changes against you like of course things would look differently from manga to anime and I’m just saying the anime did it in a more realistic way than the manga. Just stay mad because there’s a bit of fan service
No. You're just saying things that are either irrelevant or make no sense, and you're assuming my personal stance on the fanservice.
Oct 24, 2021 8:20 PM
Jan 2019
LostSpectre said:
Travis501 said:
No. You're just saying things that are either irrelevant or make no sense, and you're assuming my personal stance on the fanservice.
no you’re just mad because you tried to get all technical first and got your argument shoved right back into your face and now your arguing because your to hard headed to admit you wrong
Oct 24, 2021 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Travis501 said:
LostSpectre said:
no you’re just mad because you tried to get all technical first and got your argument shoved right back into your face and now your arguing because your to hard headed to admit you wrong
You literally don't even understand the original discussion, you just interjected with some moronic take. I'm done with you. Move along.
Oct 24, 2021 8:30 PM
Jan 2019
LostSpectre said:
miros said:

if you are going to be that "technical" we may as well say it wasn't animated because both of her taking a shower and staying on the bathtub were indeed just still/static shots...

I'm not trying to do/protect anything my bro i just don't like reading BS ,if you paid attetion inmy previous comment i said they made the water transperent (why do you think they did that specially in a bath scene? because it's passione...) also fog-kun disappear (whcih i forgot to metion) but saying they "changed/added" a lot of thing it's straight up false

Don't reply to me if the only thing you're going to demonstrate is your poor reading comprehension. I said "aside from" meaning not counting the natural difference between manga and anime, and yet you're bringing up the "technical" aspect as if you are making some elaborate point. Then you tried to imply that I stated they "changed/added a lot of things" when what I actually said was "to imply that they didn't change much of anything is just false" because they did make several relevant changes and lengthened the whole scene itself, making my viewpoint objectively more correct than yours. You should really just stop, you have previously admitted that you are lacking in good sense when it comes to issues related to the fanservice.
like to begin with your whole complaint is that they took away the steam that covered her and that the water was transparent (like isn’t that how water works in real life) second you complain that the extended it well ya they have to have this show go for a certain time so why would they put effort into something that would last way shorter so logically it makes sense to have the scene drag out a bit longer. Like they didn’t add any unnecessary body parts, as it is animation they have to make it somewhat more realistic than the manga does.
Oct 24, 2021 8:36 PM

Jul 2015
The ending was completely unexpected.Her father being a ghost was unforeseen.

Oct 24, 2021 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
Is it just me or was Mieruko’s tits seriously buffed this episode
Oct 24, 2021 9:37 PM

Apr 2020
bruh the last scene got to me :(

5/5 Episode, better than I thought
Oct 24, 2021 9:44 PM
Aug 2021
I wonder why she won't talk with her father
Oct 24, 2021 9:46 PM

Jan 2016
LostSpectre said:
miros said:

talking about having poor reading comprehension LoL , the "technical" thing was just a ironic throwaway asnwer because of that stupid remark of yours, you know if you wanna use smartass answers be prepered to receive some aswell ...

about your second point Travis pretty much already cover it

But let me ask you this, what did you want from that scene?Did you want the have done something on the lines of Gokushufudou?

Come on let me understand you
mirosOct 24, 2021 9:52 PM
Oct 24, 2021 10:16 PM
May 2020
Oh shit, she was shocked by seeing her dead dad not that giant ghost, poor girl. That was quite sad.

That after ed scene was actually creepy.
Oct 24, 2021 10:32 PM

Feb 2016
The father scene made me cry.

Awesome!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Oct 24, 2021 11:09 PM

Aug 2021
Father's death went straight to my feelings. Goodbye, ecchi...
Oct 24, 2021 11:28 PM

Jan 2020
Damn that was sad 😭
Oct 24, 2021 11:58 PM

Jun 2019
Passione is beginning to redeem themselves just a bit in my eyes off the heels of the Sotsu disaster.

Best episode of the series yet. It had everything contained within it which I love - Too much to mention right now.

I'll just say - Sibling scenes were sublime.
WatchTillTandavaOct 25, 2021 12:02 AM
Oct 25, 2021 12:02 AM

Oct 2017
now I just want to be miko's brother

Oct 25, 2021 12:05 AM
Sep 2021
Love the show so far but still waaaaay to much fan service.
Oct 25, 2021 12:29 AM

Feb 2016
The ghost can’t hurt her physically right?
Oct 25, 2021 12:31 AM

Mar 2020
Great episode!! Oto-chan's already dead. That's a surprise and kinda sad.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 25, 2021 12:38 AM

Mar 2016
Mieruko having trouble sleeping now with having to deal with her spiritual encounters constantly, and possibly increasing. Can't even have a bath or breakfast in peace in her own home :(
And while Kyousuke was definitely being creepy as a brother, at least he was genuinely worried for her.

That final scene with the father before the credits though. They managed to pull a damn Sixth Sense on us with how well they played it. I did not authorise the onion-cutting ninjas to show up at this viewing :"(
Oct 25, 2021 12:41 AM

Aug 2020
MegamiRem said:
How casually they hit us hard with the plot twist at the end, like damn. When I first read the manga I never expected a plot twist like this and it caught me offguard. Watching this part animated after all this time still made me quite emotional. I'm glad they delivered that scene well.

Yeah while reading the manga, two months ago, I wasn't expecting that twist and it hit hard 😔.
Oct 25, 2021 1:53 AM

Oct 2016
Imagine just watching tv, but you still see and hear the ghosts, damn. Really good episode! The fanservice is back, though I heard this is the last of the fanservice unless you know, Passione does their thing lmao. I don't really care if there's fanservice or not, but Miko do be hot though.

Damn, I like that they showed us the dad in the previous episodes thinking he was fine and dandy, then bam the twist this episode. That was great and bittersweet, the dad is still watching over them. Miko finding those tiny ghosts cute was pretty cute... until they aren't.

I guess the brother being protective is because their father is gone now, so he's trying to man up and protect the fam. That's sweet. Really looking forward to the next episode, looks like we'll officially meet the smol pigtail girl now.
Oct 25, 2021 2:41 AM
Feb 2018
Shindoma said:
Love the show so far but still waaaaay to much fan service.

Bcs the director is yuuki ogawa

His other works are Hajimete no Gal, Miru Tights, Ishuzoku Reviewers, and Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2
Oct 25, 2021 3:00 AM

Dec 2018
Actar said:
Now that I think of it, I'm not too sure if I agree with Passione's decision to introduce her father early. From what I remember in the manga, this was the first time that Miko was able to see him. What the viewers assumed to be her shock at seeing that giant ghost was actually Miko's shock at seeing her father suddenly appear at the table. That effect is really downplayed when it's hinted that she's been seeing him for quite some time. So, was that shock from seeing that giant ghost after all?
I'm agree with you. After watching this episode, I'd remember that she actually shocked seeing her dead father all the sudden. But her father appear in the episode 1 made this episode like she's scaring seeing that giant horse looking ghost more than her father ghost.

Oct 25, 2021 3:32 AM

Sep 2011
Loved this episode, Miko's little brother thought her sister had a boyfriend and she was strange for that reason lol BTW, I'm feeling bad for Miko, she is exhausted to see that monsters and she doesn't know what to do.
Oct 25, 2021 3:33 AM
Oct 2020
Aheghost
Aheghost
Oct 25, 2021 5:03 AM
Oct 2019
ngl that scene when miko was about to pick up the 500 yen made me jump off my seat.

holy shit that twist in the end...
when Miko offered the pudding in front of her father Picture, i was like WTF!!!
that really caught me off guard.

What sad is, she pretended can't see her father all this time?
damn that was something.

How can they mixed fearness, culturedness, comedy & sadness in this Anime and still nailed it.
Oct 25, 2021 5:06 AM
Oct 2019
bastek66 said:
Passione did it again.

STUDIO PASSIONE is Cultured!!!
Oct 25, 2021 5:52 AM
Jan 2021
that twist at the end tho... i wasn't expecting the father to be dead because he blended well into the surroundings. That’s the second time this show has hit me with a feels moment when I least expected it.
Oct 25, 2021 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
scary 5% , fanservice/horny 95%

LOL
Oct 25, 2021 6:10 AM

May 2009
NirvashX1 said:
scary 5% , fanservice/horny 95%

LOL

Scary is actually 0% because no anime "horror" can be scary.
Oct 25, 2021 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, not gonna lie, this is just a pretty disappointing adaptation all around now. It's adapting all the chapters and only taking very minor liberties since that anime-original first half of episode 1, but the humour is still not landing and even the emotion of the dad reveal just kind of fell flat compared to its execution in the manga. Granted, it doesn't help that they introduced him early to mess up the misdirection with the horse-esque spirit at breakfast, but even so it still should've worked well enough.

Well, that said, they did needlessly ramp up the fanservice again big time, which is continuing to distract from everything else going on (though, even without that, the spirits somehow don't feel overly impactful despite the obvious effort put into making them look as creepy as possible). Regardless, I just think this is a series that works better in manga form that it is in anime form so far, which is a real shame.
Oct 25, 2021 6:24 AM

Mar 2020
Actar said:
Now that I think of it, I'm not too sure if I agree with Passione's decision to introduce her father early. From what I remember in the manga, this was the first time that Miko was able to see him. What the viewers assumed to be her shock at seeing that giant ghost was actually Miko's shock at seeing her father suddenly appear at the table. That effect is really downplayed when it's hinted that she's been seeing him for quite some time. So, was that shock from seeing that giant ghost after all?
Thanks for mentioning this. I knew it was really weird and I went and checked the previous episodes, only to find that the father was there even before she started to see the ugly ones! Gotta give the manga a read
Oct 25, 2021 7:02 AM

Jul 2014
Hey, fanservice is back in full force, nice! I'm glad it didn't just go away.

The twist about his father would have been amazing if I hadn't been spoiled by comments on Youtube. Seriously, someone always mentioned a twist about him or feeling bad for him. I still teared up though.

That post-credits scene... damn it, she can't even watch a show about ghosts without a ghost being annoying lol.
Oct 25, 2021 7:07 AM

Apr 2018
I wasn't prepared to hear about dad's death.
Oct 25, 2021 8:08 AM

Dec 2016
So all this time Miko has been seeing her passed away father too. That revelation was quite sad. It must be tough for Miko to pretend that she can't see her dad.

Because of all the fan service even with the younger brother, I couldn't really take that revelation about the dad seriously but I do feel bad for Miko.

The whole scene when Miko went to buy soda really annoyed me. First, the way she was holding the coin really pissed me off, what kinda dumbass holds a coin like that when inserting it in a vending machine. Second, she really pretended to throw the coin just to see that “cute” disgusting tiny old man?? That was dumb as heck.

Is it normal for siblings to take a bath together like that...especially when both of them are quite old enough ◐.̃◐
Rickydory123Oct 25, 2021 8:22 AM
Oct 25, 2021 8:23 AM
May 2021
Yeah kinda unexpected to see her father ghost, not too rushed for that scene, very enjoyable and sure nice voice fx for after credit scene, that's the real horror tho

Yeah yeah I know what y'all think, perfect whole naked miko's body
Oct 25, 2021 8:30 AM

Aug 2020
otakuclub94 said:
Loved this episode, Miko's little brother thought her sister had a boyfriend and she was strange for that reason lol BTW, I'm feeling bad for Miko, she is exhausted to see that monsters and she doesn't know what to do.

Same. I hope this will change. They are even at her house now.

Oct 25, 2021 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
The twist explains why DAD was ignored since episode 1
Oct 25, 2021 1:45 PM

Jul 2016
sigh* Another week, another episode ruined because Passione took the minimal fanservice from the manga and turned it up to 11... just like with episode 2.
Oct 25, 2021 4:36 PM
Sep 2016
oh damn, it's the horse from Berserk!
Run Miko! RUN!!!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

260 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 4, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Oct 31, 2021

144 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

304 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 30, 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.