Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 22, 2020 11:14 PM

Oct 2017
katsu044 said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

The writer has the gift to start a good idea and then turn into a hot mess.

think that's why i've stuck with it after all these years like the arcs groundwork has something to build off into something good but it just shit's the bed every time by the end

Agreed.
Even Ordeal War is like this too.
Start off promising/ interesting -> end in bullshit asspull.

First half -> hey, Kirito actually suck this time cuz it's in real life and using real human physical capability! Other characters can finally shine for once. We're talking about someone who can get tripped while running in flat ground.

Last half: Just kidding. Kirito just not really trying in first half. He conveniently reach top 10 ranking within one day after retraining his kanto for 1 single day (despite getting out of touch for kanto in ages with shit stamina). He suddenly able to do super human action in real life and able to one shot 1 million mobs in one blow.

Guess the writer of SAO just despise effort / hard work and try to spit on it every chance he gets.
Ventus_SAug 22, 2020 11:23 PM
Aug 22, 2020 11:22 PM

Dec 2010
It comes to surprise to everyone that in this episode,

Eugeo is still confirmed best gril.

Kirito is basically God-tier and can do basically whatever the fck he wants.

Bros before hoes.
Aug 22, 2020 11:58 PM

Jul 2017
Welcome back, the blackswords man Kirito! Time to lay the final draw stakes!

The leftover battle against PoH a.k.a Vassago from Aincrad, and Eugeo's push only made things EVEN BETTER for a reawakening. A force logout to the other innocent players to spare their early death sentences, and achieving God-tier status (heck, just call him immortal) once again in the World Seed.

The PROPER fight between Kirito and PoH, nothing short of extraordinary spectacular, as to be expected of A-1 Pictures' top-tier quality. And converting him into the EXACT SAME tree in Alicization, that was a fitting end to their feud from Season 1.

The last instance for Kirito and Asuna: to find Alice and save her from Vecta a.k.a Gabriel Miller, whilst things in the Ocean Turtle only keep getting worse. A life expectancy of 200 years over vs. saving an STL to restore normal operations, the choice is obvious.

Alice's final farewell to her dragons on the World's End Altar, it's loyalty to the very end. In the nick of time, Kirito shows up in full Aincrad suit to face Miller, it's gonna be epic.

Onto the last quarter of Alicization, and the hype only keeps going.
Aug 23, 2020 12:22 AM

Jun 2017
Inorichi said:
I just can't. I've lost all hope. What the fuck is this. I'd rather have waited 3 years than get this.

I agree with your post. A1 and Ono seem to outright be sabotaging SAO this cour. They fucking cut a great KiriSuna scene yet kept shit like the tentacle scene (which they made even worse by implying things that never happened in the LN), they did a half-ass job of explaining incarnation to anime onlies which is why you see so much whining in these threads (to be fair there still would be even if they did) and we couldn't even get some good animation and drawings this week. I'm scared that they will just keep cutting more things and rush scenes at this point. Alicization deserved better.
Signature.
Aug 23, 2020 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
Yo Vassago!

Nobody expect Kirito to turn someone into a tree.

Aug 23, 2020 12:36 AM

Sep 2019
Kirito is getting way too overpowered, and should I feel surprise about that...

But still, decent ep, good music, stunning effects and fight scenes.

4 more episodes to go, hope that A1 will finish this well.
Aug 23, 2020 2:29 AM

Oct 2019
Liked a lot this episode. I'm always glad to see Eugeo and we finally see Kirito's sword Release Recollection. I will sure remember the fight between Kirito and PoH, it's the last word on a long story from long time ago. Now, there's the future to look to. I'll wait the next episode!!!
Aug 23, 2020 2:43 AM

Jan 2015
Amayori’s farewell got me quite emotional tbh, I wasn’t expecting that lmao. I was almost in tears

Good episode but somewhat slow
Aug 23, 2020 2:51 AM
Mar 2015
There's so much pointless crying, it's cringe as hell. It's like laugh tracks in shitty american sitcoms, except it's crying. They put them everywhere for dramatic effect when it doesn't even make sense.

It's also amazing how they manage to ruin the fights, when they obviously can do nice animations, but the fight choreography is just plain garbage. Tip of the sword perfectly hitting the edge of the carver and then shattering it is just so much cheese. Nevermind that in just this season alone we've seen this multiple times, lol. Literally copy-pasta fight scenes.

PoH's death was about the only thing that was well done in this episode.
Aug 23, 2020 6:29 AM

Sep 2017
Jesus-kun the savior is back! this episode is so ridiculous tbh but understandable since a lot of cuts from the source...

also no more sakuga like previous episodes, i was expecting some then i guess they are focusing on the final fight between Kirito v Subtilizer
Aug 23, 2020 9:40 AM

Oct 2017
I just realized that Kirito alone is much better than with friends.
All account conversions just to make Kirito have this scene waking up and saving everyone, why didn't the rest of the people do anything?
They are literally players from another game with full gear set and skills and just did nothing. This would be a good time to give screentime to the rest of the characters but they only serve to cry and shout 'Kirito save me.'

Kirito from Alicization part 1 was the best.

Would anyone know why the guy emanates black smoke and everyone goes insane?
Why the villains convert the characters from another game and are so much stronger than everyone else who converted too?

Aug 23, 2020 9:46 AM

Apr 2018
Kirito is finally back after being gone for a season and a half. Liked the part where Eugeo came back and helped Kirito fight PoH. Now its time for the real fight.
Aug 23, 2020 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
As far as punishments go, the way that Kirito made sure that PoH could never log out of the game BEFORE turning him into a tree from his swords was a brutal, but deserving way for PoH to be defeated.

Their overall battle wasn't blessed with the same animation quality as some fights prior in this season, but that doesn't mean it was bad. It was still rather good.

As for Alice, she wanted the two dragons with her to go back to the capital and have a quiet life, but they were willing to sacrifice their lives in order to buy Alice more time. Thankfully, Kirito arrived in time, along with Asuna, which now sets up a proper showdown against Gabriel, with such a small time limit to do it in, after what happened back on the Ocean Turtle.

A pretty good episode overall. =)
Aug 23, 2020 12:45 PM
Jul 2020
I don't think it's only me, but I was very disappointed with Kirito vs PoH. I am talking about the actual fight, not the Eugeo or tree part as I thought those were fine. I loved the Asuna vs PoH and Bercouli vs Vecta, but this just seemed so below those on animation even though I felt it should've been on par or above since it felt like an important moment that I was waiting for. I like this anime, but I gotta criticize it where it seems to falter. That fight just was mot satisfying, music was fine, but animation was bad. What do you guys think?
Aug 23, 2020 1:00 PM

Aug 2018
Y do you do dis to me 😢

Aug 23, 2020 1:08 PM

Dec 2016
Of the entire episode I liked this scene:
Aug 23, 2020 1:20 PM

Mar 2015
dropped the anime after this episode. So, Kirito can transform people into trees, forcing log outs, heal everyone and even fly.

This is trash
GuifoliveiraaAug 23, 2020 1:33 PM
Aug 23, 2020 7:34 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Of course, Alice didn't see Kirito carrying his waifu, but yay PoS PoH is finally "defeated". If PoHdoesn't make it out in 8 minutes, his brain will be fried. Welp. Sounds like he'll enjoy life as an NPC. That said, kind of confused on how the world will get 200 years older when they've barely finished cleaning up. Will Kirito make it out with everyone? Can he even tell? Sounds like he didn't tell Asuna the whole truth, although for what's important...that's enough I guess.
Aug 23, 2020 10:17 PM

Aug 2017
RIP PoH, being turned into a tree is the most brutal way to die combined with the power of accelerated time-dilation in the Underworld.

Happy Asuna is best waifu, as the couples carry off into the sunset.

It's fun watching the tears of all triggered autistic snowflakes.
Aug 23, 2020 11:06 PM
Apr 2015
ummm... if Alice is racing that guy to something why does she just randomly get off the dragon to start walking? and totally wasting their noble sacrifice by running back to them and crying. ughk bad episode. I hate when they introduce a countdown and then everybody proceeds to waste time. bad trope.
Aug 23, 2020 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
it was okayish not too overdramatic...
3/5.

Aug 24, 2020 12:59 AM
Apr 2020
Finally a long awaited episode that were waiting for, right off the bat after he woke up, he already banged PoH. The superpower shit is kinda stupid at that point (the commands)
Kirito already knew that he can transcript skills from SAO to Underworld (that also applies to PoH like his sword special skill) but my god that flying command spell was so stupid. I have no idea how and where did he learn that.

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT KLEIN MEMEING OUT OF HIMSELF SAYING TO SAVE SOME HEROIC SCENES FOR THEM. I burst out laughing from that.

Not gonna lie after that scene from Turtle they really wanna wrap up this underworld stuff even after Kirito woke up. So from what I saw from the start, they made all the characters suffered and devasted by the enemies then Kirito just walking by them to finish the job.
Aug 24, 2020 5:52 AM
Aug 2020
The best scene kirito yellow eyes.
Aug 24, 2020 6:18 AM
Jun 2017
GOD KIRITO IS BACK.. AND WITH SOME NEW ADMIN POWERS... he can log out any players instantly... hahaha

anyways love that fight he have... and now we are here... Emperor Vecta vs God Mode Kirito.. im excited for this one
Aug 24, 2020 8:25 AM

Mar 2017
That was some harsh punishment Kirito gave to PoH but he deserved it for sure! I was so happy when Kirito & Asuna finally reunited... so romantic ❤

It hurts me every time Eugeo appears again so can they stop with the whole 'Eugeo's ghost' thing?!
Aug 24, 2020 11:00 AM

Nov 2019
Ventus_S said:
CrossBlack said:
If there was any kind of power balance in this world, this season just made sure to ruin it. Kirito is basically a god at this point, even though he's not even an administrador (maybe the characters who helped to bring him back all saw him as a god), characters are killed but they don't die ( Emiya was right all along!), ass pulls happening every episode, Kirito back to acting as the total badass that he is, expect now he's somehow even edgier. One thing I don't understand is how they manage to give Kirito his suit every fucking season, just why???

The reunion was nice, I was sure they would kiss but ok. Alice is finally back and I hope she gets more screentime now. I hope they give us another epic fight in the next episode.

Yeah, season 2 is the only season with the best fighting I guess cuz Kirito is not there to ruin the balance as hacker. (Well Victors' tropes are hackers too)
I guess I only enjoy the fight that was fought by UW NPCs themselves cuz it seems to make the most sense. (Knights vs Dark Territory)
Any other fights related to Kirito/ Victor's tropes are asspull.

One big hacker slaughtering a bunch of bad hackers = SAO story in a nutshell.

Well tbh we needed some OP guy to fight the OP villain. At least Kirito levelled up from 0 to get here. Subtilizer entered OP. Lol. Both of them are at the same level of strength. Next week's fight will be something.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Aug 24, 2020 12:34 PM
Sep 2018
That episode was just unbelievable. Nothing to say.
Aug 24, 2020 1:35 PM
Jun 2019
As an anime-only watcher i'm a bit confused about how kirito become that OP but well it's epic so it's fine i guess

Hype to see the fight between Vector and Kirito !
Aug 24, 2020 11:52 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Fine episode overall, but...
Kirito vs PoH battle scene isnt as good as what I hoped to be, the battle with Eiji is still million times better, probably the best one.

..and those crying scenes...ugh so cringyyyy, why are everyone there crybabies?

well anyway still much better episode than previous almost useless melodramatic episode.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 25, 2020 6:20 AM
Feb 2018
Guifnogueira said:
dropped the anime after this episode. So, Kirito can transform people into trees, forcing log outs, heal everyone and even fly.

This is trash
Have you even been paying attention to anything that has been happening?
Aug 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Jun 2015
I was expecting an awakening and I got one. Heck, the eps title was testament to our prays. Its no SAO 24 awakening, but its enough to keep me glued to the screen. Love it!

Aleph199X said:
I'd hate to be an anime-only this season. I'm sure to most people it seems that everyone has random superpowers. They did explain incarnation throughout the first half but then again, judging from the MAL forums, I doubt anyone remembers.

Fool. You insult anime only watchers and somehow feel superior. What gives you the right to talk down on us?
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 26, 2020 12:57 AM

Jun 2017
Roch2001 said:
I was expecting an awakening and I got one. Heck, the eps title was testament to our prays. Its no SAO 24 awakening, but its enough to keep me glued to the screen. Love it!

Aleph199X said:
I'd hate to be an anime-only this season. I'm sure to most people it seems that everyone has random superpowers. They did explain incarnation throughout the first half but then again, judging from the MAL forums, I doubt anyone remembers.

Fool. You insult anime only watchers and somehow feel superior. What gives you the right to talk down on us?

I wasn't really insulting anime-onlies. I was
a. criticizing A1 for giving up on trying to explain things this cour and
b. making fun of a lot of MAL posters who for the entirety of Alicization, they have tried to post "criticisms" when most of the things they complain about could be explained through the anime itself.
Signature.
Aug 26, 2020 4:48 AM

May 2018
Finally the battle against the PoH guy is over. Now the true final battle against the main antagonist has begun
Aug 26, 2020 12:09 PM

Jun 2017
I expected the action to be lackluster because of the comments, but it was fairly good. It wasn't Bercouli vs Vector level but it was fast paced and lasted long enough.
That little bit of info dump should have been done by someone like Sortiliena. Yuuki only exists in Asuna's memory and she shouldn't know anything about underworld. The explanation for PoH becoming a tree wasn't skipped fortunately.
The last few minutes were setting up the stage for next episode. The episode wasn't half bad actually.(4/5)
Aug 26, 2020 9:00 PM

Sep 2011
Arin-san said:
For some of the idiots in this thread-

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/iekoy8/sword_art_online_alicization_explaining_the/

Go learn what incarnation is, and stop with the "Kirito overpowered" bullshit

Incarnation is a lazy copout that A1 didn't bother explaining well. It just lets Reki/A1 handwave whatever they want as they change the rules to suit the plot.

Other than that my only new complaints are A) Why did stabbing the hole in psycho man's chest suddenly hurt him, B) No Kirito you can't keep him from logging out. That's not how any of this works. and C)"Age of a human soul" SAO you need to choose between being grounded scifi or full fantasy scifi.
Aug 26, 2020 9:05 PM

Sep 2011
DrivZone said:
-Stray said:
also Yuuki, you dead right? STAY DEAD! Stop fcking appearing ep after ep and talking like you fking mother Mary or some angel shit.

Really explained how i feel about this shit, she was so random at appearing in the story to start with, and now she comes out to say some dramatic shit everytime an ant breath.

I too wish they'd stop unnecessarily desecrating the only good character in SAO's grave
Aug 27, 2020 6:53 AM
Nov 2018
This became such trash once they pulled in thousands of outside, ordinary users to a closed military off-shore experimental computer system. So that the Evil Americans could take the place of the dark in-game forces who had been with us for the entire series - but who switched to join the good side in the middle of the very first battle, so we could have speeches about We Must Not Hate Each Other. It was only an evil American masquerading as a god who made the dark species attack, after all.

Then, Evil American players: "So you mean we can kill AND MAIM as much as we like?"

This episode, about Japanese, Chinese and Korean players: "They went home. It turns out people don't want to kill each other."

I'm not American, but all of this is ridiculous.

But this quote takes the cake: "I just sent the memory of this sword into your body."

What?

Let me rephrase that:

WHAT?

What superpower did Kirito-kun use this time? Sending memories?

Also, I want a gif of his extremely pathetic face when he hallucinates Eugeo. It was so obvious all the time that Eugeo would appear in the nick of time and give him the strength he needed to win. Somehow. The entire, hyped war had almost no strategy, and almost no tactics. Instead every danger is solved in one of two ways:

1. Friend appears to help.
2. Hero finds new motivation from imagining loved ones.
Aug 27, 2020 7:24 AM
Nov 2018
Extra bonus: Amusing to see Arin-San post four times in this thread attacking people for having a different opinion about the show. Calling them "idiots". And like a typical sperg uses in-world explanations to defend stuff like Kirito suddenly being able to fly. Spergs always get it backward. In cases like this the author decides first what effect he wants to show and then pulls out some explanation to justify it. Or he wrote himself into a corner and can't come up with anything else - such as, the character needs to quickly be somewhere else.

Or, the author is in love with his own creation and thinks everyone else is too.

But when people point out what a ridiculous way this is to end things, you get some sperg who goes "Noooo, it is perfectly logical because look at this explanation that was thrown in there! Stop attacking my beloved story!"
Aug 27, 2020 3:11 PM
Jul 2020
The second I saw eugeo's hair I started chanting his name omg, its nice seeing your favorite SAO character of all time even after he dies.
Aug 27, 2020 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
Although, Everything in this anime happens because of a certain will in the character. So, I guess, It was already decided about Kirito the blackswordsmen would win at last. I haven't read the manga, but it seems he's going to loose someone he cares about, could be Sinon. As she was defeated by Subtilizer. Does Kirito Stand a chance against him. Well, I think he's got to give a good fight to him. Well, sacrifices are to made.
Aug 28, 2020 7:29 PM

Feb 2014
Lol, I actually got worried about the dragons for a moment there.

Kirito can now fly, lol.
Aug 29, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2015
Aleph199X said:
Roch2001 said:

I wasn't really insulting anime-onlies. I was
a. criticizing A1 for giving up on trying to explain things this cour and
b. making fun of a lot of MAL posters who for the entirety of Alicization, they have tried to post "criticisms" when most of the things they complain about could be explained through the anime itself.

Ah, apologies. I've been feeling a bit prickly recently as MAL has been consumed by people who thrive on negativity and its encouraged by there staff. Let us view this weeks episode and enjoy it for what crazy spectacle it brings!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 1, 2020 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
The fight itself was cool, and Eugeo sort of helping Kirito, although I don't really get how Kirito gained all these new powers again. Turning the villain into a tree and forcing him to never be able to log out for some reason, while on the other hand easily logging out anyone else. Now he can fly and heal anyone as well. But at the same time, even the two villains had these crazy powers for no reason at all, since these are supposed to be their SAO accounts, not the god mode accounts... But okay.
I keep reading about this incarnation stuff as an explanation, but it doesn't really help that the anime didn't explain this (or maybe I forgot?).

Final fight then. I wonder if this 10 mins will be the Dragon Ball sort of 10 mins which will actually be 3 episodes. Still, I hope that the fight will be cool at least.
Also, please move on Alice when your dragons are clearly trying to buy you time.

Yuuki... please stay dead. I liked you a lot, and a small cameo like Asuna imagining her helping with the 11-hit combo was great, but we really don't need her talking and stuff. No need to ruin her character and sad passing.
Sep 9, 2020 4:56 AM

Aug 2017
PoH's fate was quite satisfying, doomed to be a tree forever or for many years at least. Looks like the final battle is there. We're close to the end!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2020 2:54 PM

Mar 2010
Im not sure if kirito is just OP Asf for alice has just become fatigued. Iirc they were on par.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 19, 2020 2:28 PM

Nov 2014
both best bro and best sis at each of Kirito and Asuna sides, that really soothing.

Dual wield ( night-sky + blue rose) + blackwyrm coat + "Find your swords in this land" BGM + great battle animation. Wonderful battle between Kirito and POH, and somehow in the end He prevented PoH from logout by turned in into another cedar.

and.... after the reunion.. where is the KISS !!!! XD haha, it's unfortunate that they didn't adapted KiriSuna kiss, still that was okay. The way their embracing each other and touching each others faces + hugging already satisfied me :DD

well... time to beat the last boss and bring Alice to real world .....
Oct 6, 2020 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
SCUFFED OBITO vs. BLACK SWORDSMAN next EP

Oct 7, 2020 8:18 PM
Jul 2016
Woah...I don't have words 😂.
Kirito is back and that's good and all but man, how OP is he?

That tree curse honestly creeped me out tho.
PoH would be a nightmare for future generations
Oct 9, 2020 5:58 AM

Feb 2013
Poh deserved that, he can stay there forever.
Dec 11, 2020 4:58 PM

Mar 2020
That's really nice how Yuuki gets a little bit screen time. I honestly thought Yuuki wasn't going to appear again.
kioalneDec 11, 2020 5:19 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.