Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 12, 2019 5:24 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
This was the first episode where I haven't been bored out of my mind. Not amazing, but certainly entertaining to watch for once.
Jun 12, 2019 6:13 AM

Jan 2018
So, it was a fast fight. As expected from the manga.

> Suiryu wanting to be Saitama's disciple? Nope.
> Saitama started to do some retrospection about his own status as a hero.
> Dat kick though. Epic.
> Ninja cooking that monster cell gourmet style. Hilarious.

Jun 12, 2019 6:37 AM

May 2010
lmao that ending part
Jun 12, 2019 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
So we're still complaining about this season's animation? When will we move from denial to acceptance?
Jun 12, 2019 6:53 AM

Dec 2015
By far the best episode of the series. The story finally is focusing Saitama, on his hilarious moments and about his depression. Also, it's a miracle the director didn't rushed his scenes like he's doing with basically everything else
Jun 12, 2019 7:01 AM
Jan 2018
Raphtaliamal said:
this is the worst episode of season 2 OPM, the images are very ugly and cheap, seriously after 1 week's hiatus, we get bad image animations, and the music playing is always the same, do they have no intention of using new music, by the way I'm watching in 720p HD , and the quality is so bad, I can't believe that JC ruined the best series in this dirty way, damn I'm very angry and disappointed with this event.

the 1 week hitaus was only for the french open
Jun 12, 2019 7:03 AM
Jan 2018
hobose said:
Anyone notice that any time any sort of fighting happens (not just when Saitama is on the screen), the anime will cut away to a different frame and play audio of fighting happening. Besides the first few episodes, this has happened almost every time. *Big sigh*

it most likely happens in the manga , nothing to do with them
Jun 12, 2019 7:08 AM
Jan 2018
rahamim said:
Does anyone know why Madhouse dropped opm?
i really miss the animation and art from the first season😭

still want to know why people still think madhouse would have done a better job for this season just because they did the first season 4 years ago , alot can happen in 4 years
Jun 12, 2019 7:18 AM

Aug 2015
Mattinator95 said:
rahamim said:

still want to know why people still think madhouse would have done a better job for this season just because they did the first season 4 years ago , alot can happen in 4 years

well I've seen a lot of animes from madhouse (HxH, parasite death parade and a lot more)
and they always done a great job, I don't see why it would be different with this anime.
Jun 12, 2019 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
This was...sorta adequate, I guess. Looks like the delay helped them not have anything feel blatantly unfinished (mainly cuz they skipped all the fight scenes, which is still pretty bad), even though Saitama just inexplicably changes faces and heads a lot of the time for no reason...again (cuz fuck if there isn't gonna be anything especially egregious in one of these episodes). They also had way too many fake-ends, though we're finally fucking done with that tournament arc and they're finally trying to explore the main thing Saitama struggles with again (they could have done a better job leading up to it tho, which is basically my issue with the writing as a whole: decent ideas marred by bad presentation and a lack of real progress or anything to have anything feel complete or earned). Maybe now we can get a genuinely decent or good episode of the show (visually or in terms of writing)!

That ending bit was pretty damn funny tho.
CodeBlazeFateJun 12, 2019 7:49 AM
Jun 12, 2019 7:39 AM
Jan 2018
rahamim said:
Mattinator95 said:

well I've seen a lot of animes from madhouse (HxH, parasite death parade and a lot more)
and they always done a great job, I don't see why it would be different with this anime.

have you seen any of their newest ones
Jun 12, 2019 7:48 AM

Apr 2016
operationvalkyri said:
So we're still complaining about this season's animation? When will we move from denial to acceptance?
Never cuz no one should accept poor quality lol
Jun 12, 2019 8:09 AM

Jul 2009
Okay episode. It was just as fast as the manga. I don't know why they already showed the credits while in the middle of a scene, but I guess that's the reason why there's no ED.

Still, it ends in 3 episodes. Too fast, but they are almost at the manga now.
Jun 12, 2019 8:25 AM
Apr 2016
Garou getting one KICKED this time, damn. Well, noticed that all S class heroes, Garo, monsters, all of them are nearly equal in strength, and none go above that level. Hopefully Sonic doesn't actually become a monster, I mean however strong he might get, he wouldn't be fighting Saitama on equal terms anymore, he wouldn't be a human whilst Saitama would be one.
Jun 12, 2019 8:48 AM
Oct 2017
Really enjoying the season so far. Btw was the dialogue of King with Saitama changed in the anime? For some reason I felt like Saitama disagreed with King at the end of the conversation in the manga but here he seems to agree with him. I think I'm remembering it wrong.
Jun 12, 2019 8:56 AM
Jan 2017
haha saitama geting boring again.. after the latest episode suiry almost die because fight again the monster and saitama back ,, like ussualy just one puch and it all end,,
btw king desaign its look good in this episode
Jun 12, 2019 9:31 AM

Mar 2013
Another person who learns of Saitama's true strength then. Then asks to be his disciple.

Flat no.

I think Saitama has had enough of disciples at this point. Suiryu is definitely capable of becoming Class A on his own though once he gets over his fear and learns more about fighting monsters. So I wouldn't worry too much about him. He'll probably show up again as part of the unofficial Saitama Crew (which is currently King, Genos, Bang and Mumen Rider).
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 12, 2019 9:43 AM

Jan 2014
Pacing is too fast, music in many moments are random, I dont feel anything.
I dont have a problem with lack of animations during Bakuzan and Gouketsu moments because nothing really happen.

3/5

I think that Murata and One made a mistake. I dont mind killing Gouketsu off screen (even if it is controversial) but I have a problem that we didnt see full power of Gouketsu. Also Murata should show how EXACTLY Saitama is punching Bakuzan, not just smoke and dirt. Since episode 1 we didnt see any full punch from Saitama.

Imo first episode of this season should adapted special manga chapter "A New Wind Blows" because there was a solid punch from Saitama.

Jun 12, 2019 9:44 AM
Nov 2016
Riotstarter said:
Suiryu is definitely capable of becoming Class A on his own though once he gets over his fear and learns more about fighting monsters.

Suiryu is already S-Class material, he's probably at Puri-Puri Prisioner or Tank Top Master's level, I won't be surprised if Suiryu is actually stronger than them.

Didn't you see how Suiryu defeated a high Demon level monster? there are no A-Class that can defeat high Demon level monsters by themselves, maybe 3 A-Class can defeat a high demon level monster but 1vs1? the A-Class has no chance. The A-Class can only defeat the low Demon level monsters by themselves like the Crow guys which are the disciples of Gouketsu.

Now to be fair there are some high Demon level monsters that are more sturdy and more dangerous than others so maybe Suiryu won't be able to defeat some high Demon level monsters but he's still S-Class material.
xZabuzaxJun 12, 2019 10:00 AM
Jun 12, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2013
xZabuzax said:
Riotstarter said:
Suiryu is definitely capable of becoming Class A on his own though once he gets over his fear and learns more about fighting monsters.

Suiryu is already S-Class material, he's probably at Puri-Puri Prisioner or Tank Top Master's level, I won't be surprised if Suiryu is actually stronger than them.

Didn't you see how Suiryu defeated a Demon level monster? there are no A-Class that can defeat a Demon level monster by themselves, maybe 3 A-Class can defeat a demon level monster but 1vs1? the A-Class has no chance.

Now to be fair there are some Demon level monsters that are more sturdy and more dangerous than others so maybe Suiryu won't be able to defeat some Demon level monsters but he's still S-Class material.

Maybe but he'd be best off starting at Class A (or even Class B) while he learns about actually being a hero. Throwing someone who still has some big fears to conquer into Class S would be a mistake.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 12, 2019 9:53 AM
Nov 2016
Riotstarter said:
xZabuzax said:

Didn't you see how Suiryu defeated a Demon level monster? there are no A-Class that can defeat a Demon level monster by themselves, maybe 3 A-Class can defeat a demon level monster but 1vs1? the A-Class has no chance.

Now to be fair there are some Demon level monsters that are more sturdy and more dangerous than others so maybe Suiryu won't be able to defeat some Demon level monsters but he's still S-Class material.

Maybe but he'd be best off starting at Class A (or even Class B) while he learns about actually being a hero. Throwing someone who still has some big fears to conquer into Class S would be a mistake.

I updated my comment above, there are different classes of Demon level monsters, some are low class and others are high class.

But yeah, Suiryu needs to conquer his fears first before doing the Hero thing and should try starting from A-Class to defeat weak monsters to build his confidence again.
Jun 12, 2019 9:57 AM

Aug 2015
Mattinator95 said:
rahamim said:

the most recent anime I've seen from madhouse is overlord season 3
and aside from a couple of annoying CGI scenes, I was satisfied.
I'm 90% sure madhouse would have done a better job for this season of one punch!
but whatever I take what I can get.
Jun 12, 2019 10:08 AM
Jan 2018
rahamim said:
Mattinator95 said:

the most recent anime I've seen from madhouse is overlord season 3
and aside from a couple of annoying CGI scenes, I was satisfied.
I'm 90% sure madhouse would have done a better job for this season of one punch!
but whatever I take what I can get.

almost alll the old staff of OPM pretty much did Boogipop and others apparently including the director .
Jun 12, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2015
I liked the scene with King and the overall theme of Saitama not being satisfied with the way things are and not knowing what to do. Apart from that, I still don't care. Sonic was funny though, I hope he won't lose his humanity after all.
Jun 12, 2019 11:03 AM

Dec 2018
The mc or what i like to call him Banana eating asshole,...(it kind of suits him)... Hear the annoying cry for a hero and saves the day,,,,,,,,,,

They talk for like 20 fucking minutes, I would like to see some action in a action anime!!,,,,, But lets talk!!,,,,,And where are the girls? Then he goes on how bored he is,, I kind of having the same feeling watching this load of donkey crap,,

For some odd reason we have a short love scene between a hedgehog and a naked man,,,,

No boring overall,, And i want my glorious waifu Tatsumaki to kick some ass,,,Until she comes back you will be stuck at 1/10,,,, Better your self to next week this is ridicules,,,

Jun 12, 2019 1:31 PM
Apr 2019
Jc staff really did the best they could to complete opm s2 in short spam of time,i agree that the animation is not as good as first season but its still good. Everyone knows that jc staff is one of the best animation studio with action animes like danmachi,shakugan no shana, a certain magical index, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. So everyone please respect their work and be grateful that we get see one punch man season 2.i have to say i really enjoying watching saitama again in action and i also want say if jc staff get more time to animate one punch man iam sure they can give us a master piece.
Jun 12, 2019 2:59 PM

Jul 2016
Delayed a whole week for... more filler.

MAL lists an episode count now? Is that right? This season's only going to be 12 episodes long? And we've had like 3 canon episodes?

What a waste. This could've been a great season. It started out so strong. :(
Jun 12, 2019 5:12 PM

Jul 2014
No ending this time. Was waiting for it but nevertheless, great episode as always, though it's unfortunate that we'll only have 12 eps
Jun 12, 2019 6:43 PM

Apr 2014
rahamim said:
Mattinator95 said:

Their recent output has had iffy quality (Boogiepop, for example) but I still can't imagine it would be any worse than this.
Jun 12, 2019 9:22 PM

Jan 2018
Yuri-Crusader said:
The mc or what i like to call him Banana eating asshole,...(it kind of suits him)... Hear the annoying cry for a hero and saves the day,,,,,,,,,,

They talk for like 20 fucking minutes, I would like to see some action in a action anime!!,,,,, But lets talk!!,,,,,And where are the girls? Then he goes on how bored he is,, I kind of having the same feeling watching this load of donkey crap,,

For some odd reason we have a short love scene between a hedgehog and a naked man,,,,

No boring overall,, And i want my glorious waifu Tatsumaki to kick some ass,,,Until she comes back you will be stuck at 1/10,,,, Better your self to next week this is ridicules,,,

It's called retrospection. Even FMA: Brotherhood had its own retrospection scenes. It's still in pace with the manga.
Jun 12, 2019 9:27 PM

Dec 2014
so like more satama action... it is becoming frustrating to see so litle saitama over the course of second season
Jun 12, 2019 11:13 PM

Dec 2018
Nine_ZnT said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

It's called retrospection. Even FMA: Brotherhood had its own retrospection scenes. It's still in pace with the manga.

Well it have been a lot of talking in every episode and i find it damn slow dull and fucking boring ,and the whole season have more then less been a big disappointment , And soon at the season end with almost no fighting i think they can talk a bit less and fight more

This is a action Anime that have less action then my cute girls doing cute things shows, and the animations my god its horrible ugly, i have never read the manga, i only compared what i previous seem and that is One Punch Man season 1,Just for fun we can also compared it to Love Live!,,, My cute girls pillow fights have better action then this,,,, Its a joke on every front ,,,,,, But i like Tatsumaki more of her and i might give this anime a decent grade in the end,,,

This is just my opinion and personal taste, not saying anyone needs to agree with it,,,

Yuri-CrusaderJun 13, 2019 4:34 AM
Jun 12, 2019 11:20 PM

Jan 2014
Yuri-Crusader said:
Nine_ZnT said:

And soon at the season end with almost no fighting

no fighting? in every episode is fight.......
Jun 12, 2019 11:23 PM

Dec 2018
Taito10 said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

And soon at the season end with almost no fighting

no fighting? in every episode is fight.......

"almost no fighting" ALMOST,,,,,The amount is to small for my taste,,,,,,, and to ugly,They fight for 10 sec then talk for 15 min ,And i find that slow.going sluggish and tedious .It also fails to play its strongest cards , i like strong females ,,, My waifu shall have more screen time if the anime wants more then 1/10 from me ,,,

Yuri-CrusaderJun 13, 2019 1:00 AM
Jun 13, 2019 1:22 AM

Jul 2016
qwertyMrJINX said:
Delayed a whole week for... more filler.

MAL lists an episode count now? Is that right? This season's only going to be 12 episodes long? And we've had like 3 canon episodes?

......... Do you even know what does "canon" meant? This episode is canon lol.
Jun 13, 2019 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know the reason why people are calling this a good episode, but there's that.
Jun 13, 2019 4:32 AM
May 2018
revyHOLiC said:
Who's VA that female hero association member at the end credit? Her voice is make me wet

I want to know her name too
Jun 13, 2019 6:26 AM

May 2018
Klad said:
I don't know the reason why people are calling this a good episode, but there's that.

Probably because the episode has some interesting conversation going around here and there and less fights between characters no one cares about. In that regard the hating-brigade in the animation category can't hate as much as usually.

So yes, for OPM standards (and I mean the WHOLE series), that was one of the more interesting episodes in my opinion.
Just three episodes left, phew.
Jun 13, 2019 7:16 AM

Apr 2019
The episode was really dialogue filled which I don't really mind what I did mind though was animation especially saitamas face.
Jun 13, 2019 8:47 AM
Jun 2019
I like this episode,it s true that here isn't so much fight,humor is good though !
my grade for this episode is 4

Jun 13, 2019 2:53 PM

Jun 2010
Venturize said:
revyHOLiC said:
Who's VA that female hero association member at the end credit? Her voice is make me wet

Hmm, the ending credits list "Risa Tsumugi" as "female executive". Hard to tell, since she seems to have not many prior roles, especially none of the "mature woman" kind (at least I couldn't find any), but yes, her voice sounds nice!
Jun 13, 2019 2:56 PM
May 2018
ok, thank you (my reply has to contain 15 characters for some reason)
Jun 13, 2019 2:57 PM

May 2013
Mattinator95 said:
rahamim said:

Because Madhouse always does a spectacular job?

They're pricier so they're pretty choosy with their projects though.
Jun 13, 2019 4:21 PM
Mar 2014
Fun episode. Not as action filled as I would've liked, and Saitama's face was a bit off during his talk with King, but the humour was there and on point too so no complaints from me.
Jun 13, 2019 4:25 PM

May 2019
The dialogue was great in terms of character development this episode, especially with completing Suiryu's character development. I like that Saitama's depression was fleshed out a little more, although the manga captured the Gouketsu fight a little better. Overall an extremely good episode covering one of my favourite parts of the OPM manga.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jun 13, 2019 6:03 PM

Jan 2015
This season has no comedic timing whatsoever. The whole scene with Saitama talking to Suiryu had a ton of "sarcastic thing said -beat-" moments that had no impact because of the motivational music playing throughout uninterrupted
Jun 13, 2019 9:44 PM

Nov 2016
Nokogi said:
Venturize said:

Hmm, the ending credits list "Risa Tsumugi" as "female executive". Hard to tell, since she seems to have not many prior roles, especially none of the "mature woman" kind (at least I couldn't find any), but yes, her voice sounds nice!
Why MAL not listed her yet I wonder
Jun 14, 2019 2:24 AM
Jan 2018
Pxi2 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Overlord 2 & 3 , boogiepop and others and thier newest series afterlost would disagree .

And boogiepop and other's pretty much had the orginal OPM team from season 1 working on it
Jun 14, 2019 2:43 AM
Oct 2014
Mattinator95 said:
Pxi2 said:

Overlord 2 & 3 , boogiepop and others and thier newest series afterlost would disagree .

And boogiepop and other's pretty much had the orginal OPM team from season 1 working on it

HxH and Neuro also comes to mind.
Jun 14, 2019 3:20 AM

Mar 2016
Finally, it got funny again. Saitama's lack of motivation is one of my favourite parts of this anime.

Oh god, Sonic is too cute. He actually cooked the cells into a posh looking meal. Hahaha. But, no matter how posh you are, you can't run away from diarrhoea.

Saitama rejected Suiryuu without a second thought. Haha
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 8:55 PM

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.