Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 27, 2017 2:36 AM

Mar 2013
What a weird finale, lmao.
I might be rambling about how a harem anime ought to deserve a harem end, but when push comes to shove, it gets awkward to actually see it happening it heh.
Still there are some good series out there that deserves a harem conclusion rather than an open ending as a cop out.

Also, I know it's SOL and all but I find MC's lack of interest for his old family and world upsetting tbh. I was always curious if he really doesn't think about them :/
Sep 27, 2017 2:38 AM

Mar 2013
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
Anti-Venom said:
This Anime was like fuck it I am the Harem King. I get the hoes and I get everything.
Nobody can stop me I am a overpowered bitch.

9 wives, 9 wives, 9 Fucking wives.
fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk
Issei still holds the position of Harem King tho. He is going to have atleast 12 wives, 12 fuckin' wives xD

Whoa, I'm curious. And who might they be? Spoil me under the tag.
Sep 27, 2017 2:38 AM

Jan 2014
Great show for what it was. Had fun watching it. Hoping for season 2.
Sep 27, 2017 2:53 AM

Aug 2015
Absolutely rubbish finale.
Seems like a rushed episode. Feels like they expected to have a second cour, but was cancelled at the last moment.

Last episode they suddenly introduce the concept of the floating city, and how there are other locations to explore, and then suddenly this episode is "WE HAVE A BIG HAREM!!! KISS ME KISS ME!".

That end stinger lends hope that there may be a season 2. I'd love for there to be a season 2, but I would hope they tone down the harem crap, and focus more on the adventures and lore of the world. I think that has really been where the show has shone the most.

But that's just my silly opinion. Just hope enough people liked this show for them to justify a season 2. :)
Sep 27, 2017 2:56 AM

Dec 2012
Yes... Added to "Harem anime which is actually a harem anime and the MC does not chicken out Masterrace show" Category ... I am gonna follow the LN definitely ..

#2 Harem anime after Grisaia (Solely because of the events of ep 11 and 12)

Sep 27, 2017 2:59 AM

May 2012
He did not kiss the other two girls !!

I hope it get 2nd season. They even introduced a new character at the end with white hair

Sep 27, 2017 3:02 AM

Jan 2016
Touya is singing during the God of Love scene, is it a reference to something (DxD ?) ?
Sep 27, 2017 3:03 AM

Apr 2017
I'm expecting s2 for this

also wtf 9 waifus including that Leen xD
Sep 27, 2017 3:12 AM

Apr 2016
FinalFlash18 said:
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
Issei still holds the position of Harem King tho. He is going to have atleast 12 wives, 12 fuckin' wives xD

He is a goddamn lucky fucker !!
Sep 27, 2017 3:54 AM

Sep 2013
Oh a harem ending. Had I watched this ten years ago I'd be a little bit wierded out but as I watch more harem shows I begun to prefer polygamy lol. I read a lot of chinese novels (wuxia novels) and this kinda reminded me of one because in a lot of wuxia novels the main protagonist is really OP and has multiple wives by the end of the novel (as much as 13). He gets wives like catching pokemon. And it seems Touya aint gonna be that different because he'll have 9 wives lol. The biggest difference is probably Touya's temperament. You dont really see MC from wuxia novel who is just a complete "nice guy". They are either arrogant, perverted, serious, cold-blooded or maybe a mix of those.

The show isnt really that great but I dont think it's that bad either. I've seen so much wimpy MC that I started to prefer OP main characters but I can see why people dont like them. I didnt really have expectations for this show maybe that's why I didnt think it was that bad. It was pretty much as what I expected--OP main protagonist,a harem, and cheat-like skills. If you take this anime seriously, you're bound to be disappointed.

PS. Im pretty sure Im not the only one who keeps seeing Kirito in the MCs character design.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 27, 2017 4:08 AM

Feb 2013
Arghhh.. I demand for the 2nd season. They've even left the arc in Volume 2 incompletely adapted into anime. Indeed, Touya has 9 wives officially but he also has mistress though.
Sep 27, 2017 5:12 AM

Jan 2014
Well, at least there were some redeeming elements this episode:
  • Prof. Regina, God, and Aphrodite 4th walling like crazy
  • The background music (which seemed to have received a serious boost in quality)
  • Yumina's aristocratic political scheming capabilities

That's not enough though. If it'd been a serious take on polygamy and varying cultural standards, maybe with the story being told from Yumina's persective, it might have been interesting, but it is just a clear ploy to put the MC together with several (underage) girls.

As it stands, I thoroughly enjoyed this show up untill and including the Mismede episodes. I looked like a cute, rather innocent, Konosuba. In the end it turned out to be simply a more perverted humorless Konosuba.

3/10

ZBlastHistory said:
So he will end with 9 wife? and who was that? new character for next season or something?

Nine waifu, nine laifu,..

If I hadn't known about that, I'd said Ende would be number ten as a trap.
LaionidasSep 27, 2017 5:18 AM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 27, 2017 5:35 AM
Dec 2016
I personally hated this episode, i just hate it when girls are absolute bitches in anime (same goes for real life). All of the girls were just idiots and especially in the battle. I dropped the episode halfway
Sep 27, 2017 7:21 AM

Sep 2016
was expecting this anime to be better but in the end i am dissapointed. *sigh*
Sep 27, 2017 7:42 AM

Apr 2011
welp its over, this anime is trash and so am i.
8/10

relaxing predictable and unassuming, all romcom and harem plebs will enjoy.

pls another one lik dis
Sep 27, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2013
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
FinalFlash18 said:

Sep 27, 2017 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
FinalFlash18 said:
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:

Sep 27, 2017 11:34 AM
Mar 2016
Whooooo, glad that's over.
Sep 27, 2017 11:45 AM
Nov 2012
Isekai fantasy with overpower MC is my favourite genre by far.

Smartphone had the potential to be good but it lacks the Oomph that Knight's & Magic, Overlord, Youjo Senki, and NGNL have.

I can't quite put my finger on the problem.
It's either the MC's blandness and pussy attitude or the fact that everything happened TOO conveniently for him.
The Main character had no character, and so, we weren't invested in him. There were literally 0 challenge presented to him.
The man could conquer any and everything with ease. There was no tension anywhere, Touya shows up and Everything gets resolved in 1-2 simple moves

btw Who are the 2 on the far left and 1 on the far right of the 9 wives? Is that pink girl the goddess of love??!
KonichiwaKunSep 27, 2017 12:31 PM
Sep 27, 2017 1:10 PM

Nov 2016
Starzen517 said:
ValentineXIII said:
I always feel my opinion is biased for "another world" type of anime. I also am not much of a critic and find almost all the anime I watch to be enjoyable in one way or another. except School days. Honestly, screw that anime. I still felt like this anime was judged a bit harshly. I found a lot of the scenes to be quite funny, particularly the action scenes. The characters weren't terrible and they left a nice cliffhanger, if there were to be a season two. Which I personally would enjoy seeing.

MAL always seems to be like this with shows like Isekai Smartphone. This show is just suppose to be relaxing and stress free, there's little to no drama because it's not suppose to be a show where you're worried someone might die, get traumatized, or get seriously hurt. That's why the MC is OP to find funny and clever ways to defeat his enemies quickly. It's not a show to be taken seriously, I mean it has SLIP as an OP spell? It's just a show about an OP MC who goes on adventures with his powerful wives. It was funny and it was entertaining throughout and that's why I enjoyed it. Also loved the true harem ending, but of course Yumina is still best girl! I personally give it a 9/10.

I feel the same way in everything you said. With the exception that I personally give it an 8/10 and Leen is best-girl 😍

Sep 27, 2017 4:38 PM

Jul 2012
AsT5 said:
If you really want to know about Ende, well upcoming spoilers obviously...
He is not someone that god brought over. He is a dimensional traveler. He's not from that world, that coin that he was carrying was from the Babylon times so that's why they didn't accepted it as currency. He travels through dimensions chasing the Fraizes, the creatures that Regina was talking about. If this has a second season and hopefully it does, both Touya and Ende will be fighting these Fraizes but both have different motives for defeating the Fraizes. Don't worry Ende doesn't have a villain type motive in case you're wondering. Btw Ende won't be joining the group he's just going to run into them from time to time. Oh and get this, you think Touya is OP? Well, Ende is a lot stronger and more strategic than Touya. One time, Ende was able to single handedly defeat a Fraize without breaking a sweat.
I'm hoping for a season 2, because I honestly loved this anime. It wasn't dark or dramatic but that's why I loved it. (Although the upcoming arcs do get a bit dark) It's just a relaxing happy fantasy show with an OP MC going on adventures with his harem of powerful wives, and I found it very enjoyable.

I dont agree with ende>touya... what chapter did you read?
Sep 27, 2017 8:39 PM
Apr 2016
jjampzz said:
AsT5 said:
If you really want to know about Ende, well upcoming spoilers obviously...
He is not someone that god brought over. He is a dimensional traveler. He's not from that world, that coin that he was carrying was from the Babylon times so that's why they didn't accepted it as currency. He travels through dimensions chasing the Fraizes, the creatures that Regina was talking about. If this has a second season and hopefully it does, both Touya and Ende will be fighting these Fraizes but both have different motives for defeating the Fraizes. Don't worry Ende doesn't have a villain type motive in case you're wondering. Btw Ende won't be joining the group he's just going to run into them from time to time. Oh and get this, you think Touya is OP? Well, Ende is a lot stronger and more strategic than Touya. One time, Ende was able to single handedly defeat a Fraize without breaking a sweat.
I'm hoping for a season 2, because I honestly loved this anime. It wasn't dark or dramatic but that's why I loved it. (Although the upcoming arcs do get a bit dark) It's just a relaxing happy fantasy show with an OP MC going on adventures with his harem of powerful wives, and I found it very enjoyable.

I don't remember correctly the chapter
I read it 4 months ago

in recent chapter we get know that touya is also a demigod which means he is more powerful than ende
Sep 27, 2017 9:05 PM

Feb 2013
AsT5 said:
jjampzz said:

I don't remember correctly the chapter
I read it 4 months ago

in recent chapter we get know that touya is also a demigod which means he is more powerful than ende

Indeed ENDE was a lot stronger than Touya initially in terms of physically and raw powers but as the story progress, Touya is getting more and more powerful not to mention his superior of magical prowess, his body is also invincible, there's nothing can't injured him. He is basically a demigod, and one day I'm sure he will become the god himself. Simple to say, he's Saitama with magic. It's understandable that ENDE is strong in fight because he's experienced a lot in fighting with monsters and such, like I said before no need to worry as the story progresses he will gain more experiences and will mature enough to make a good decision.
Sep 27, 2017 9:39 PM

Dec 2010
cringe face the entire episode
Sep 27, 2017 11:52 PM
Mar 2011
I found myself not really enjoying this show for a while because I was judging it based off of other Isekai stories. While watching this though I started enjoying it because it was really a harem anime with the Isekai being the background instead of the other way around. It has been a while years since I watched an Harem anime so it took me a while to start to enjoy this.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Sep 27, 2017 11:55 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was weird.
I knew it was a harem from the start, but god damn did they push that hard.
He’s also stupid op. What’s the point of the show lmao
Sep 28, 2017 2:16 AM
Jul 2012
9 wives? Seriously? Does he intend to marry every girl he meets? And why isn't Francesca one of them? :S
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Sep 28, 2017 4:19 AM
Jul 2014
There's some strange similarities between this and One Punch Man. The MC is pretty laid back and totally OP, and you know that he's always going to win in the end, but then that's not really the point -- the fun is in the character interactions and seeing just how he pulls off the win each time.

Plus, a True Harem End. That's pretty rare.
Sep 28, 2017 4:20 AM

May 2011
this's embodiement from do what you can do efficiently (sometimes we audience thinking why cant you do that! even thou you had that power!!), even though something like that made the story uninteresting, but actually very bad story can be interesting in many ways because it badness.

9 wives is not enough, i though they'll include francesca & the poor little girl that he pick in the road into his harem
Sep 28, 2017 4:35 AM

Jan 2014
FlameMasterKun said:
I personally hated this episode, i just hate it when girls are absolute bitches in anime (same goes for real life). All of the girls were just idiots and especially in the battle. I dropped the episode halfway

Come to think of it, how in the world was Touya using rubber bullets in that duel O.K.? Rubber bullets seriously mess you up, at the least. So do blunt swords, and reïnforced gauntletts, but at least with those you can adjust their strength of impact, or the user can pull a dangerous blow at the last second.

sarnlack said:
this's embodiement from do what you can do efficiently,..

If it's about that, I rather rewatch Hyouka, and see Oreki Houtarou do it properly by intellect (rather than by some God-gifted gimmick).

Xynic said:
Oh a harem ending. Had I watched this ten years ago I'd be a little bit wierded out but as I watch more harem shows I begun to prefer polygamy lol. I read a lot of chinese novels (wuxia novels) and this kinda reminded me of one because in a lot of wuxia novels the main protagonist is really OP and has multiple wives by the end of the novel (as much as 13).

I am currently reading Genji Monogatari. Polygamy seems acceptable, because you can see it in the context of its time. A modern show, aimed at a modern audience, featuring polygamy in a non-critical, virtually contextless setting is still fricking weird.

Starzen517 said:
This show is just suppose to be relaxing and stress free, there's little to no drama because it's not suppose to be a show where you're worried someone might die, get traumatized, or get seriously hurt. That's why the MC is OP to find funny and clever ways to defeat his enemies quickly.

I enjoyed that part too. My problem is that the hard pushed polygamy theme doesn't fit with that at all, and the overall execution was downright shitty.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 28, 2017 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
Looks probable for a second season of this show, if for no other reason than that they introduced a new character in the last fucking minute of the last episode. Despite being an uninspired show, i look forward to a second season, so i can watch Touya continue growing his collection of babes.
Sep 28, 2017 5:42 AM

Jun 2016
in the future MC has freaking wives .... OMG

i think he will be a king
Sep 28, 2017 6:33 AM

Jan 2011
Given the premise I figured this would be the last show to play those tired old tropes completely straight. It's fucking unfair that this of all things got a harem end.
Sep 28, 2017 6:45 AM

Mar 2013
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
FinalFlash18 said:

Sep 28, 2017 7:34 AM

Jan 2013
Well, it's over. Glad that at least they "ended up" together xD And not like in TLVR.
It was a pretty chill anime and the fact that the MC was too overpowered made it kinda different but in a nice way xD
Doubt that there will be a 2nd season.
7/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 28, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2013
man if he gets nine wives that's at least 9 kids and that's a lot of crying babies
Sep 28, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2016
FinalFlash18 said:
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:

Sep 28, 2017 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
FinalFlash18 said:

Alright, gotcha! thanks, fam.
Sep 28, 2017 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
This show is trash and so am i

This grew on me as the time passed 6/10
Sep 28, 2017 5:17 PM

Feb 2016
Lucky bast***d that is all
Sep 28, 2017 10:38 PM

Apr 2016
Most of the episodes were great, but sadly, the ending was really uninteresting...
Sep 28, 2017 11:53 PM
Feb 2017
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
Anti-Venom said:
This Anime was like fuck it I am the Harem King. I get the hoes and I get everything.
Nobody can stop me I am a overpowered bitch.

9 wives, 9 wives, 9 Fucking wives.
fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk
at least he is not a overpowered bitch. he is just a pervert.
Sep 29, 2017 1:23 AM
Jul 2015
This show sucks, since the MC sucks a lot. Even the somewhat boring Mononobe Yuu from Juuou Mujin no Fafnir was a better MC than this.....boy.

MCs like Mononobe Yuu, Lux Arcadia, Nomura Fudou, Ousawa Akatsuki are fine for battle harem anime, but this Touya boy is the worst MC in battle harem fantasy anime history.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Sep 29, 2017 5:17 AM
Sep 2017
ahh it's a kind of hurt that this anime series ends with 12 episodes ahm this is my first time watching this anime movie ahm for me i wish that their will ahmm another upcoming episode like episode 13-25 like that ughh its not a happy ending ya know!!
please my god the maker of this anime series should make more and it will be fun...
And the ending is hard to understand and there's a new boy character and would have given the chance to play in that movie ugh it sucks ya know!!
Sep 29, 2017 6:57 AM

May 2017
generic and the beta MC remained beta even until the end but surprisingly a pretty enjoyable series and just for that rare true harem end take this

10/10
Sep 29, 2017 7:03 AM

May 2017
Anti-Venom said:
Hitesh_Ghugtyal said:
at least he is not a overpowered bitch. he is just a pervert.

Not so sure about that, you probably just count Issei's harem, idk if Issei married them but Touya's 9 wives are canon, if we're just counting his harem, Touya's harem would pass his 12 easily, he has some sidechicks too, the loli, Leen's student, the girl from Eashen, the maids, the countless robot clones, the ninja maids, the robot girl's creator too
Sep 29, 2017 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
ok I liked it all the way...finally a harem ending with closure...but it was too cliche.... Nine wives ...you go touya...you deserve it
Sep 29, 2017 1:22 PM

Oct 2013
9 wives boi, i guess there won't be a ship war then, now everyone can just chill and get off the ship. So in the end who is this Ende guy ? why even bother putting him in the OP if he only got one short scene. Most people say the MC is dense but think he is not as dense as everybody thinks, he's just keeping it lowkey

And who are these 3 girls we haven't seen in the whole series ?

What a foken cliffhanger, or this will trigger a 2nd season ?

The MC is OP but there's no rival for him which makes it kinda boring a lot of potentials went by just like that

7/10
Sep 29, 2017 9:17 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Poor finale to a fairly bad-to-average series, to sum if all up.
Seriously, if all this harem and wifely matters didn't appear, I would have given this show a considerate 6/10 or somewhat of the sort. I know I'm being biased here, but it wasn't handled well either so I can't really come to terms with it. It was seriously disappointing to see all the female leads fall for our overpowered main character in the first place, and now marriage with not one or two but all 9. You've got to be kidding me, lol!
Overall, a poor 4/10 is all I can possibly award this show but I'm sure it will be a show soon forgotten considering that a Second Season does not come out and most likely so.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2017 12:07 AM

Oct 2008
Yumina won as the first one who Touya willingly initiated the kiss!
Even Elze & Yae loves Touya and also wants them get married also lolz!
I'm pretty sure what Francesca gave to Touya is a Type-C USB cable connector lolz!
sleeping Kohaku is too cute!
That was an advanced spoiler for the other 3 wives aside from Leen and the original 4 girls!
4/5.
7/10.
matias067Sep 30, 2017 12:22 AM

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

110 by tengo1984 »»
Apr 26, 12:55 AM

» A question for the Light Novel readers regarding his identity

Cyanide86 - Mar 10

2 by Cyanide86 »»
Mar 10, 8:57 AM

» 10/10 from me.. who else? ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 26, 2023

65 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Mar 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2017

163 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2017

262 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.