Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 23, 2017 2:49 AM
Oct 2016
I like the chemistry between Mordred and her master, I think they have the best master-servant relationship. Mordred car scene was especially funny.
Aug 23, 2017 10:58 AM
Aug 2017
lainrusso said:
This was a really good episode with the fights especially between Karna and Vlad III. Excited to see it continued in the next episode. Don't like Shirou Kotomine he seems rather boring. He probably won't be as good an antagonist as Kirei.

Basically, this is it.

GinobiAug 23, 2017 11:42 AM
Aug 23, 2017 12:37 PM

Nov 2013
Hmmm not quite what I was expecting but it was nice overall. MC is still barely relevant though, why is he the mc again? D:

Ginobi said:
lainrusso said:
This was a really good episode with the fights especially between Karna and Vlad III. Excited to see it continued in the next episode. Don't like Shirou Kotomine he seems rather boring. He probably won't be as good an antagonist as Kirei.

Basically, this is it.

http://i.imgur.com/Xq0uJni.jpg
Ngl this was amusing.
Aug 23, 2017 4:20 PM

Apr 2015
Ginobi said:

Basically, this is it.

Gendo motives a mystery?? What the actual fuck???. That tier is kinda poorly made. Also then L should be at Delusional tier because he's childish as fuck and sounds chuunibyou all the time and not on that tier that has nothing to do with his motives o_o
And Madara at the top tier. What's going on omg.
Aug 23, 2017 4:25 PM

Jun 2017
astroprogs said:

I'm sorry, with respect to translation from LN, I would like to remind you that only volumes 1, 2 and 4 were done, but 3 has been unfinished for years and no one has touched 5, need I say more?
Bro, I'm a native Japanese. I've read all five volumes of this shit without any translation. I know the story very well indeed. So it's easy for me to know when someone is lying or distorting/rewriting story in accordance with your personal taste.

mira-pyon said:

Only volumes 1, 2 and 4 were done, but 3 has been unfinished for years and no one has touched 5

So, why are you trying so hard?

lol wtf, What the hell did I just read lol, this was undoubtedly the biggest bullshit I've ever read in any TypeMoon-related thread on the western websites lol
I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

You messed with the wrong guy this time... or worse still, a native Japanese. You are worthy of pity.
Anon1566Aug 23, 2017 5:10 PM

Aug 23, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2017
@Ginobi Almost certain it's a pic from some gundam thread on reddit.

@Veromaye To be fair, L isn't a villain. L is the Death Note hero.

Aug 23, 2017 5:01 PM

Apr 2015
@Anon1566

Hmm, I guess you're right. I find him more neutral than villain I guess.

But he still has a childish mind and 8th grade syndrome. At least in my perspective.
Aug 23, 2017 5:16 PM

Jun 2017
Veromaye said:
@Anon1566

Hmm, I guess you're right. I find him more neutral than villain I guess.

But he still has a childish mind and 8th grade syndrome. At least in my perspective.

he didn't like to talk too. Kek!

Veromaye said:

But she was exactly where it should be, for obvious reasons of plot. Sieg reveals his wish and then the next scene comes, and Shirou reveals his wish too.
The only place where the scene fits is before or after the scene in which Shirou reveals his wish.
Anon1566Aug 24, 2017 7:43 AM

Aug 23, 2017 5:21 PM

Aug 2010
Anon1566 said:
astroprogs said:

I'm sorry, with respect to translation from LN, I would like to remind you that only volumes 1, 2 and 4 were done, but 3 has been unfinished for years and no one has touched 5, need I say more?
Bro, I'm a native Japanese. I've read all five volumes of this shit without any translation. I know the story very well indeed. So it's easy for me to know when someone is lying or distorting/rewriting story in accordance with your personal taste.

Yes, you do, actually.

Not that I'm trying to cast doubt on what you're saying, but if you claim you have knowledge others don't have, you need to explain exactly why their point is invalid. Saying "I know Japanese, so I know better" isn't good enough.

So, from said knowledge of the complete Apocrypha experience and by citing from those untranslated volumes, why can't Apocrypha stand just as well, if not better, without Sieg?
That's the question that needs answering. That' the actual argument that needs to be specified. That's what I'm personally interested in hearing from someone who got the intended experience from it's original source.
Aug 23, 2017 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is total clash, chaos and destruction!...too much...
5/5.

Aug 24, 2017 1:05 AM

Sep 2014
Anon1566 said:

mira-pyon said:

Only volumes 1, 2 and 4 were done, but 3 has been unfinished for years and no one has touched 5

So, why are you trying so hard?

I don't see how this makes any difference though and I don't see where I said 'all the Volumes have been translated'. Regardless of whether Volume 5 has been fully translated, we already know what happens in it. We only need the plot to understand who's more important than who. Apo can stand easily without Sieg. We just need Jeanne and Shirou. By that I mean the concept, not necessarily the whole story. Of course Sieg, like every other character, has a role to play. Take away that role and there would naturally be problems.

lol wtf, What the hell did I just read lol, this was undoubtedly the biggest bullshit I've ever read in any TypeMoon-related thread on the western websites lol
I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

You messed with the wrong guy this time... or worse still, a native Japanese. You are worthy of pity.

Urr, what? XDD God, you're hilarious. You think saying you're 'a native Japanese' will make anyone on the internet believe you? From my perspective, you're the one who seems piteous. Ooooh, now I'm scared. Seems I've messed with 'the wrong guy'. Boy oh boy, what am I gonna do now? ᕕ (ᐛ) ᕗ

Jokes aside, we have many, many translators on Beasts Lair and Reddit. They will literally all tell you what I have said. Your silly lies are going to get you nowhere, m8, because currently it's the word of 2 different Type-Moon communities VS yours. And even if by some amazing chance you were a native Jap speaker, reading something =/= comprehending it. A person who's read a translation or summary of something could comprehend it far better than the person who actually gave the translation or summary.

And 'what the hell' did you just read? You read me countering yours and forcestriker's ridiculous points. Bullshit? What bullshit?

Everything there is pure, unaltered truth. :^)

If you don't like the truth so much, why don't you leave? :^)))))
mira-pyonAug 24, 2017 1:14 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Aug 24, 2017 2:05 AM
Dec 2008
Episode 9 Preview

Aug 24, 2017 7:38 AM
Oct 2007
Somehow I still can't really get into the animation, not sure if a battle at night plays a role in that. Lancer fight of both faction was pretty cool nonetheless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2017 8:09 AM

Jun 2017
dmr said:
Episode 9 Preview

Episode 9 Preview streamed, and MyBUSHIDO translated it with story line for the episode.

Aug 24, 2017 7:07 PM

Jul 2009
I kinda regret not getting Atalanta for Fate GO :(
Aug 24, 2017 7:21 PM

Aug 2016
JaimeC said:
WTF, for some reason I thought Lancer was the leader of Blacks and not a servant.

He is the leader, even though he is a servant along with Darnic
Aug 26, 2017 5:24 AM

Sep 2015
SomaHeir said:
I kinda regret not getting Atalanta for Fate GO :(

I have her in the NP lv 2. Shes a crit beast! Episode was great, Atlantas NP animated was the highlight for me.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 3, 2017 1:57 AM

Oct 2015
They changed River Styx to a fire :x Don't know what to say Lol
Sep 3, 2017 2:09 AM

Aug 2014
EGOIST said:

They didn't change it.
Earlier versions of Achilles' myth have Thetis burning away is mortality with flames instead of bathing him in the Styx.
Fate is simply using one version instead of the other.

Why do people keep complaining about this detail instead of first checking if it has some basis in legend?
Sep 3, 2017 2:11 AM

Oct 2015
LeloTheUnamused said:
EGOIST said:

They didn't change it.
Earlier versions of Achilles' myth have Thetis burning away is mortality with flames instead of bathing him in the Styx.

Why do people keep complaining about this detail instead of first checking if it has some basis in legend?
Not really complaining but thanks for the clarification. (That's what most of the movies/reference books say so I didn't know) :D
Sep 3, 2017 2:14 AM

Aug 2014
EGOIST said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

They didn't change it.

Not really complaining but thanks for the clarification. (That's what most of the movies/reference books say so I didn't know) :D

I know, I know. The Styx version, even if arose later, became more known thanks to more popular stories.
I believe the Iliad uses it, for example
Sep 7, 2017 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
The fighting's basically started, only Saber is left to join and wreak havoc. I really wanna see what Shirou is capable of in a fight!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 25, 2017 11:31 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Start the battle, and their are differents battles fronts and all are interestings, although Master/disciple, Centaur/Achilles!!!
Sep 30, 2017 4:50 AM

Jul 2009
Great battles! I don't know for each team I should cheer for...
Oct 7, 2017 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
The narration remains interesting, despite the jumps, of the situation in the situation. Even the fall in the field of other characters makes the plot even more interesting. Drawings and animations, more than enough. Finally, not only Saber and Rider are emerging as characters, especially Vlad.
Nov 6, 2017 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
Karna look OP as fuck. this is the first time I ever loved Lancer class. the other are Gilgamesh (archer class).

Vlad actually pretty badass too. but I doubt him to be stronger than the Son of Sun God, Karna.

someone please spoil me who's the strongest servant in here.
is it Achilles, Karna, Vlad, or Shirou?
Nov 9, 2017 9:57 PM
May 2017
I was hoping they would acknowledge Chiron and Achilles relationship and they did. Its not an exact retelling of the myth but I don't care. Its a damn good interpretation.

Now all I need is Chiron and Atalanta talking about all of Heracles's crazy antics on the Argo and trading stories about all the other Greek heroes and I will me in mythology nerd heaven.
Dec 29, 2017 3:26 PM

Sep 2010
So wait did Shakespeare create all those skeleton warriors? Seems like it. Nah, maybe it's Semiramis and all Shakespeare did was 'order the parts on Amazon.'
Dec 31, 2017 7:49 PM

Sep 2010
If your last name is Kotomine and you are a priest then yep you are OP. Well I doubt that Shiro will bring up even half of the hype that is Kirei but still, I always enjoy the normal guys trying to take on servants in fate series.

We sure seen nearly every servant showcasing their abilities in this episode but truly, the red archer really needs to step up her game as well... Vlad basically ignored her existence when taking on Karna. I love her design but other than that, her being an archer class destroys the ever so glorious overpowerness of archers.
Feb 4, 2018 3:19 PM

Aug 2017
The episode was boring until Mordred appearance. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 23, 2018 10:57 AM
Mar 2012
Lots of good stuff. Backstory of heroes Vlad, red Rider, Centaur nice to have, which some other fate tends to skip too much. Plus some details on black Castor, homunculus/Sieg motives (lol asking soldiers to become deserters), and Fran powers.
Priest feels misguided, leave everything to god, really?
Rider's true name talk made no sense tho.
Still not sure how can Spartacus change masters? The original master didn't relinquish the seals.

Jun 23, 2019 2:47 AM

Dec 2018
Black team got 2 Berserker.
Red team got 2 Assassin.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 7, 2019 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
The fighting was way too dark, could hardly see what was happening. Also how is Assassin of Red an assassin if she can create a flying fortress and undead? lol
Jul 7, 2019 4:33 AM

Oct 2014
Gator said:
how is Assassin of Red an assassin if she can create a flying fortress and undead? lol

she has a very rare skill called "Double Summon", it gives her the class skills of both assassin and caster
Jul 7, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
Shayon said:
Gator said:
how is Assassin of Red an assassin if she can create a flying fortress and undead? lol

she has a very rare skill called "Double Summon", it gives her the class skills of both assassin and caster

So either they haven't mentioned that so far or I missed it.
Jul 7, 2019 5:38 AM

Apr 2016
Gator said:
Also how is Assassin of Red an assassin

She the Semiramis, first person in recorded history who poisoned someone to kill him. Thats why she can be summoned as assassin. It wasn't mentioned here but in the book.
Jul 7, 2019 9:31 AM

Oct 2014
Gator said:
Shayon said:

there are servant profiles that you can read in the LN

it wasn't mentioned in the anime, the characters themselves don't mention it in the LN either iirc
Jul 7, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
Shayon said:
Gator said:

there are servant profiles that you can read in the LN

it wasn't mentioned in the anime, the characters themselves don't mention it in the LN either iirc

At least in one of the later episodes she herself mentioned that she knows some magecraft, though that's all the explanation we got. I don't read LNs though, so I only get such information from you guys.
Aug 26, 2019 5:40 AM

Mar 2018
Ulquiorra said:
Cool fights.
I don't get why isn't Vlad's attack something in Romanian.

You mean Kazikli Bey? That is his Turkish title/nickname, meaning "the Lord Impaler". It was given to him by the Turks whom he warred against.
Mar 12, 2020 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
Like father, like son. Lol Mordred.
Apr 11, 2020 9:01 AM

Dec 2014
hmm the war is actually good..still don't understand why do people dis this show so ,uch
Apr 28, 2020 9:16 PM

Feb 2018
Atlanta is so cute
Nov 18, 2023 8:27 PM
Jul 2023
War!
- wow, Atlanta’s noble phantasm is overpowered!
- Shakespeare just not participating is funny
- WOWWW Vlad took out that whole army with no effort
- Karna can just tank Vlads attack? That’s exciting
- Achilles and Chiron meet! Looks like they follow the exact same story from legend
- Kotomine wants to love and heal all people? I bet it’s more messed up than he says
- Astolfo is launching an attack on the fortress alone?
- Spartacus is now on the black team. 6v7
- Black Caster is building a recreation of Adam?
- Shirou Kotomine invited Frankenstein to the Red Team? Interesting play
Dec 1, 2023 6:57 PM

Nov 2023
Lancer is a cool servant
Dec 18, 2023 10:28 PM

Jan 2017
I am so used to Shirou (FSN) on being such an annoying MC that I actually don't mind Sieg at all.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.