Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2017 8:22 PM

Jan 2016
Class B vs Class C.

That Flashbacks... Hell Yeah, Ayanokoji Dark Side. So Badass.
Aug 16, 2017 8:45 PM
Aug 2017
I've longed for a really good anime. This has full filled my longing!!
Aug 16, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
Sakura well I did not see that coming ....
now I am interested in his past
Aug 16, 2017 9:00 PM

Aug 2014
Cops were nice enough to let the rapist finish unloading his spiel. Sakura's arc in general was pretty dumb. Except her ass. Is she even going to relevant? Thankfully it looks like we're moving on to class vs. class stuff.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 16, 2017 9:26 PM

Oct 2011
Can someone tell me if there's more than 12 - 13 episodes for this, or is the possibility of a 2nd season being high?

I mean, this series is so good, but the fact that it can be one of those series that only has 12episodes but with a plot that needs more than 25 is scary, we will finish it probably seeing only 20% of the full story, that's just sad.

If this was already discussed ago, sorry for that I don't really keep track of these things.
Aug 16, 2017 9:30 PM

Jan 2013
MC's idgaf sleepy now scary-eyed monotone demeanor add so much to his character (funny how alot of people are hating him bc of it before)...and they seem to throw in a minor meaning to it, i like that.

now then...is this 2 cour or just single? :p
Aug 16, 2017 9:44 PM

Jul 2012
The only problem I had with this episode was that Sakura knew someone was following her but decided to walk into a dark alley with no one around anyways lol. But besides that, it was a pretty good episode. Sakura looks good without her glasses :)

I'm glad this Sudo expulsion arc is over. Now we have even more questions about Ayanokoji... was he some kind of lab rat?

Hopefully, the next arc will make things more interesting!
Aug 16, 2017 10:04 PM
Apr 2016
And so Ayanokoji was a part of some kind of Japs government project (wow, so original (Zankyou no Terror)) to produce super-efficient, genius children. Drugs and isolation and stuff. By enlisting in the worst class he is trying to make up for being uncompassionate and ignorant of others, somewhat "weaker" children, I guess. Seems decent.
Re:formed
Aug 16, 2017 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
And so Ayanokoji was a part of some kind of Japs government project (wow, so original (Zankyou no Terror)) to produce super-efficient, genius children. Drugs and isolation and stuff.

Ayanokoji is Masterchief confirmed
Aug 16, 2017 10:23 PM
May 2013
Mikestriken said:
povveriess said:
not sure why this and the past 2 episodes are rated so high. it wasnt THAT good. solid episodes though for this sakura girl arc. i could do without it since she doesnt seem like she'd be an important person who will add to the story but ehh watever

also, i feel like they are overusing that epic piano ost first heard when anokoji and kushida were doing that rape scene. its literally played 3 times in a row for the past 3 episodes. the next few times they play it, the value of it is just going to go down and if there's something epic or crazy that happens later on, it wont be as good

Whattt???? I thought that the series JUST pick up!

mb i couldnt find the words for it until someone else said it. the anime is great and i agree with everyone here on AOTS, i just feel like the pacing is slow as fuck. 6 episodes and we have only seen the sakura girl arc and d class passing that test. i just want more limp girl and kushida. i havent read the manga but that limp girl...id put her in a wheelchair if ya know what i mean ✊✊💦💦👩‍⚕️
anime_master111Aug 16, 2017 10:30 PM
Aug 16, 2017 10:35 PM

Jan 2017
povveriess said:
Mikestriken said:

mb i couldnt find the words for it until someone else said it. the anime is great and i agree with everyone here on AOTS, i just feel like the pacing is slow as fuck. 6 episodes and we have only seen the sakura girl arc and d class passing that test. i just want more limp girl and kushida. i havent read the manga but that limp girl...id put her in a wheelchair if ya know what i mean ✊✊💦💦👩‍⚕️

got ya, yeah.... it is pretty slow moving IMO too
Aug 16, 2017 10:41 PM
Aug 2017
This really nice anime
Aug 16, 2017 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
Apparently, the writer thought this series wasn't tense and dark (literally) enough, so what do they decide to do?
Rape that has no place in the story or tone! Of course!
Aug 16, 2017 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
Ando said:
The only problem I had with this episode was that Sakura knew someone was following her but decided to walk into a dark alley with no one around anyways lol. But besides that, it was a pretty good episode. Sakura looks good without her glasses :)

I'm glad this Sudo expulsion arc is over. Now we have even more questions about Ayanokoji... was he some kind of lab rat?

That especially bothered me. She could've easily just gone into a public place, call the MC, and set up a trap.
But nope! The MC conveniently placed a tracker on her or something.
Aug 16, 2017 11:58 PM

May 2014
OMFG!! This show doesn't know the term "subtlety"? Sakura drama is veeery forced per se, but with implying that she had a stalker was enough, that rape scene was unnecessary and very anticlimactic, even was stupid, I mean "omg, someone is following me, I will run to that dark alley for my stalker do all he wants and no one see us, ¡but Oh wait! Almighty MC suddenly appeared for save the day and make him look more powerful than he is". Later that scene with Ryuuen "punishing" his gang members ¿are you students or yakuzas? that's bullshit.

¿The MC is OP because he was a lab rat? ¿are you kidding me? that's no backstory, that's just an empty excuse to justify his lack of personality and his almost perfection, like "Onii-sama". They only needed to write a decent background for him ¿even they can't do that right? Damn it! Also ¿what do you mean with "Ayanokouji dark look at the end"? it's exactly the same dull look he always has!

The only good things about this episode were the resolution of the trial (I admit Ayanokouji x Horikita team was well managed, they got along well) and the end that implies that something big is going to happen, only I hope they don't turn this in a gang war that nothing to do here.

AOTS my balls.
Rhapsody-Aug 17, 2017 12:05 AM
Aug 17, 2017 12:01 AM

Apr 2015
man, this Ayanokouji is so mysterious
Aug 17, 2017 12:03 AM

Mar 2017
Well, this shows all those people who were saying that "Ayanokouji is totally shallow and his dialogue and face is totally emotionless, this anime is horrible". Behind every emotionless face, my friends, is a backstory.
Aug 17, 2017 12:27 AM

Jul 2014
I figured there was something not right about Ayanokoji, but the fact that he was a lab rat of some description is not what I expected. And for those who are saying it's implausible in this show: is that really the case, when they're able to live in their school (which is more like a moderate-sized town really) and get everything they need while being given spending power by the school? This is clearly set in the near future or something, so with that in mind the lab rat thing isn't totally implausible, but I do admit it feels out of place tonally speaking.
Aug 17, 2017 12:35 AM
Apr 2016
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Ando said:

That especially bothered me. She could've easily just gone into a public place, call the MC, and set up a trap.

Oi, bad reading comprehension, m8, bad. If they have each others' numbers they can track each other down thanks to the application academy has installed in every its phone. You keep forgetting this is a state-of-the-art setting, where security and safety are maximized. The average japs store accountant would not have gotten away either way - there was a camera just across the street. Try paying more attention before defaming the story, please.
Aug 17, 2017 12:39 AM
Apr 2016
Rhapsody- said:

The only good things about this episode were the resolution of the trial (I admit Ayanokouji x Horikita team was well managed, they got along well) and the end that implies that something big is going to happen, only I hope they don't turn this in a gang war that nothing to do here.

AOTS my balls.

I agree, this is not anything close to the top contestants (which I don't even know, hence I am enjoying the series, not rating them), but nevertheless a decent psychological drama in half-dystopian society.
As for the gangs I also agree and doubt they are that generic to go with "gang wars", instead it will be a game of wits inside the rules of the academy, otherwise they would get expelled hard. Occasional fighting is inevitable, of course, but some scum need proper beating once in a while.
Aug 17, 2017 12:49 AM

Dec 2015
I really like The Episode And The Anime >.<
Aug 17, 2017 12:56 AM

Dec 2013
This is getting better but the substance still isn't doing much for me yet. I think it's the tonality and music that I'm liking the most. Pretty piece at 15min there.
Aug 17, 2017 1:01 AM

Dec 2013
That little flashback has me all excited (though I'm not expecting we'll get much of a reveal on his past before the end of this season). I wonder if he's been trained to assassinate or something. Ayanokouji always had that dangerous air about him, kinda like Kazami Yuuji....

They totally underplayed Sakura and her issues from last week, leading to the reveal of her stalker problem this week to be a bit out of the blue. Good thing Ayanokouji is capable of working on multiple cases at the same time. Seriously though the camera sales dude was creepy, and now he's gonna get what he deserves.

Solving Sudo's issue was less straight forward, and I wonder about the ramifications from hereon out, seeing as the C Class leader will now specifically target him and Horikia now.

Oh and screw the initial pairings. I'd take Ayanokouji x Sakura any day. I'm pretty sure they can lead a happy, monotonous and carefree life together. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 17, 2017 1:11 AM

Jul 2017
i think maybe ayanokoji is "perfect super student" or "successful experiment" for lab rat
just curious if he really that OP why he just want low profile

and this anime just like battle royal for 4 class (mention that even you A class , you not "king" in this school)
Aug 17, 2017 1:37 AM
Jul 2018
LN readers please tell me there's more of Ayanokouji x Sakura
Aug 17, 2017 2:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some really enjoyable episode to watch.
Didn't expect Horikita and Ayanokoji to make up such a wonderful partnership and it was surely unexpected to see his dark past towards the end as well. His expression in the end was quite menacing as well, and consequently therefore it will be intriguing to see how all this connects and eventually ends up. Fascinating to see Classes C and D also participating in the mess targeting him and Horikita and it just makes it all the more curious-stimulating and wonderous. Can't wait to see more of this...
_MushiRock11_Aug 17, 2017 2:41 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 17, 2017 5:02 AM

Jun 2013
that one flashback is enough for me to come up with a prediction for who Ayanokoji is, and since i haven't read the light novel this should not be a spoiler:

Aug 17, 2017 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
This guy doesn't take a shit from anyone.

Aug 17, 2017 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Oi, bad reading comprehension, m8, bad. If they have each others' numbers they can track each other down thanks to the application academy has installed in every its phone. You keep forgetting this is a state-of-the-art setting, where security and safety are maximized. The average japs store accountant would not have gotten away either way - there was a camera just across the street. Try paying more attention before defaming the story, please.

How the heck am I supposed to remember all those details when watching an anime WEEKLY?
Sorry, but if I think there's a problem with an anime, I'm going to think there's a problem with the anime.
Aug 17, 2017 7:21 AM

Jan 2017
that was unexpected, should pick the LN after this anime end. I thought he somewhat a guy from strict prestigious or samurai family looking for normal life, but did not expect that background at all. again, OP Mc hiding something from beginning, obviously anime of the season.
No kushida this ep nevertheless Im looking for more about Ichinose.
Aug 17, 2017 7:27 AM
Sep 2016
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

How the heck am I supposed to remember all those details when watching an anime WEEKLY?
Sorry, but if I think there's a problem with an anime, I'm going to think there's a problem with the anime.

Man Looks like these details have been revealed with this EP and then the GPS is installed on all devices that allow it. The rest is all logical. If you dont pay attention to these small details, the problem isnt Anime but yours
Aug 17, 2017 7:31 AM
Sep 2016
someone who read the Novel can explain me why in Vol.4
Aug 17, 2017 7:42 AM

Jan 2017
Ando said:

This indeed bugged me. I mean if you felt that someone was chasing you, you do not go into a dark alley

Now with the pacing of the series so far I'm really hoping that we get around 25 episodes (or a second season, I guess) since after six episodes we just got to finish this little arc with Sakura

I did not expect Ayano-kun to be a lab rat of some sort though. Well, the setting of near-future fits in but I just wouldn't expect it in such an anime. Hopefully this goes well

But seriously: his face may have been exactly the same face as he usually makes, but it just felt badass with all sounds stopping and the shadow of the umbrella covering half his face

Overall, a great episode (bar the out-of-place attempted rape scene)
Aug 17, 2017 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
I dont get it. There were cameras. Cameras recorded fight, but school do not want to interfere into conflict. Do I understand it correctly?
Aug 17, 2017 8:41 AM

May 2009
I like where this is going. F*ck yes to interesting background stories. I am hoping this will be a good one (and not too cliche). The Sakura arc wasn't really my thing honestly, but I like what is going on between the classes.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 17, 2017 8:46 AM

May 2009
Mikestriken said:
povveriess said:

got ya, yeah.... it is pretty slow moving IMO too

Am I the only one almost praying to the studio that it IS slow pacet like this? I feel more series should be like the series in 2006 (yes; here comes grandmother) where they take their time to tell the story even though not all events have to do anything with the main plot? Wondering if anyone can relate, lol.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 17, 2017 9:19 AM
Apr 2016
kilhana said:
I dont get it. There were cameras. Cameras recorded fight, but school do not want to interfere into conflict. Do I understand it correctly?

Horikita and Ayanokoji planted fake cameras there to pretend that the whole thing was recorded. As they have already told, if the recordings were real neither that self-proclaimed edge king from C nor Student Council would keep going. Those stupid adolescents were being played.
waffles1009 said:

I did not expect Ayano-kun to be a lab rat of some sort though. Well, the setting of near-future fits in but I just wouldn't expect it in such an anime. Hopefully this goes well

This does not have to be "near-future". This is 2015 and it still fits. The lab-crap is as real as ever - either no one has proven that they exist or they do not get started because if every found out anyone connected with human experiments will get their names blacklisted by most governments and international institutions. Not mentioning the local outrage. The academy-city itself is most surreal, and this is where they take it to extreme - it is possible, but it would not make any sense to do so in reality. They made it real for the purpose of the series, which fits well in both actual Japan and fictional merit-based "utopia".
Aug 17, 2017 9:26 AM
Apr 2014
povveriess said:
Mikestriken said:

Haha, hell af. Some people's out there crying for the cut scenes. We're on the same bout then. tho i could get along with it. I hope it'll end with a cliffhanger, itll be much better. Maybe like AD 1, that kinda scene

ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

dude, u could just type u didn't catch it, and say sorry or whatever. Beside, if u really have it like that, then just dont post anymore, just so you know, this is a forum, a place for discussing.
houki_23Aug 17, 2017 9:37 AM
Aug 17, 2017 9:29 AM

Sep 2015
God damn they really spent three episodes on this plot. At least they threw in another story. Unfortunately it was a really generic and unfortunate one about a stalker who wants to rape one of the main girls. That really left a bad taste in my mouth. That scene was so unnecessary and went on for so long. It's only saving grace was how brutal it was to the rapist after the fact. Wrecked that dude's whole life. And while I didn't want to give them the satisfaction. Sakura commenting that Ayanokouji never looks at her lustfully. Was kind of cute.

Speaking of which really curious about his past. Now that they're dropping these juicy little hints. What was he raised in some really cruel experiment? Is that why he's so emotionless? I remember when I thought he was just deadpan. And supposed to relate to lazy listless viewers. I'm really surprised how much I've come to like him. At first I thought he was the worst part of the show. But at some point his monotone delivery just clicked with me. Interested to see a new story play out next week. And maybe finally some answers on what the hell Kushida's deal is? I feel like this show is setting up way more than it can answer in twelve episodes.
Aug 17, 2017 9:51 AM
May 2011
lol ok so first thing to note is that im being followed.... i should go into a dark alley...... hmmm seems like i didn't think this all the way through :V

Anyone else find it funny that in an anime where all the characters are so flamboyantly drawn with multi color hair that the rapist is just drawn as a regular asian dude. hmmmmmmmmm

UGGGGGGGGGGH THE LAB RAT CLISHE...... REALLY.... come on... this is just going to be another anticlimatic light novel adaptation with a 2/3 episode info dump to force feed the story. This sakura arc was pretty boring becauseits stuff we've seen a bajillion times but now they want to do a lab rat arc. Who writes this stuff man.
Aug 17, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
ok time to rate this anime.

"Classroom of the Elite"
TtAR Score: 5.5 eps

...that's "Time to Attempted Rape"
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Aug 17, 2017 10:13 AM
Jan 2015
Yep Ayano is Tatsuya in a non-supernatural/superpowered setting. I fuckin love this. Great episode btw.
My Queens

Aug 17, 2017 11:23 AM
May 2011
Spoiler time

Aug 17, 2017 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
It's nothing too impressive but I love the vibes it gives off and the choice of color palette in the anime. The music is quite uplifting too.
More than anything, I love the mysterious nature of the MC. But damn, I clicked the spoiler button XD

Also, I quite not liked the idea of MC being the lab rat. Was hoping he'd be the natural OP human haha.
FinalFlash18Aug 17, 2017 11:54 AM
Aug 17, 2017 12:00 PM
Mar 2012
Ayanokouji mindgames very smooth.
Lots of characterization for Sakura's difficulties & hiding behind a mask, besides just shyness.
Ayano as most defective student. lol lab kid? In Oreki style, he prefers the effortless life, but why he seems so apathetic, even while helping everyone?
"your life is over"
"don't hate me" lol so much gangter vibes, 4v4.
Art so purple & rainy, seems like some war is brewing.
Aug 17, 2017 12:16 PM

Jan 2011
*Rolls eyes* It doesn't fit right. That implied science/social experiment at the end genuinely made me jeer at the end. I feel like I've seen it in a another, more suited genre, poorly done but still better than how this feels.
Aug 17, 2017 12:19 PM

Mar 2016
i can't tell if this show is too serious for no reason, or if someone big is gonna develop other than remedial high school drama. ayanokoji is probs a sociopath, i hope he has something rly terrible hiding in his past, like he murdered his entire family or something. i still can't really tell what kind of vibe i'm getting from this show
Aug 17, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2016
The MC is a BEAST! God it's been a long time since I have enjoyed a MC so much
Aug 17, 2017 1:30 PM
Mar 2016
Wlep too bad for the Stalker store attendant, he just can't keep his dick inside his pants, nice move that Horikita and Ayanokoji did, setting them Class c trio to drop charges on Sodu, and now the class D teacher is getting interested on Ayanokoji, looks from here one his private life being a science experiment is gonna be dug up.
Aug 17, 2017 1:46 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that for the moment they managed to stall the trial for the moment but they still need to find clear evidence. Everyone has masks that they will create to protect themselves as they go through life. But using modelling to help hide her loneliness is a new one. But at least she enjoys helping and cheering people up with her photos though. But it seems that Airi now has a obsessive stalker on her tail. Hmm so Suzune and Kiyotaka are searching for clues in the gym eh. Unusual for the gym not to have any camera' at all though. Which in turn makes it a perfect place for the enemy to stage their attack i guess. By providing that testimony i think Airi has managed to gain a level of trust from the rest of the class as well. Hmm so their plan was to call out the three main witnesses and try to force them to reveal the truth eh. The camera though is a double edged sword in that it has the potential to get both sides expelled as well. Hmm so the school is testing them to see whether they can solve this themselves eh. This revelation sure crushed the opposite parties unity though. The tag team of Kiyotaka with his bluffs and logic and Suzune with her clear ideas really is impressive in forcing them into a corner.

Its nice that Honami is the type of person that has a honost personality though. So the culprit was that creepy guy from the store eh. Man good thing that Kiyotaka got there in time though. Its nice that his logic and the threat of the camera's was able to get the guy to flee though. Smart of Kiyotaka and Honami to call the cops before going to rescue Airi though. The most effective way to deal with these people is to deny that they are their fans and its nice to see that Airi use this method. Thank god for GPS though. So Airi's mask was her idol self eh. She actually looks much prettier without her glasses tbh. Looks like Airi and Kiyotaka's friendship have only gotten stronger. I guess it will be natural for Sae to be curious at how the case collasped with the withdraw of the complaint. Hmm so even Sae's determined that Kiyotaka is not a ordinary guy at all. The revelation from Sae was pretty surprising. Whats more surprising was that the president was impressed enough that he wanted to offer Kiyotaka a seat on the council. Looks like Class C will continue in their attacks though. The encounter between the members of class C and Arisu and her classmates of class A was interesting. So now Suzune is suspicious of Kiyotaka eh. Looks like the struggle between classes is only just getting started then. Hmm the mystery behind Kiyotaka really is deepening.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

344 by Laachii »»
Jun 9, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

529 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

236 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

336 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2017

358 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 8, 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.