Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 22, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Once again, Mineta knows where the goods are with a great view of Momo's butt. Shame that she caught him out though. XD

It's cool to see the other student's performance too. Todoroki just made the entire thing look ridiculously easy when he froze the whole building, including the 'villains' and thus, achieving his objective with ease.

Deku is now getting acknowledged by his classmates after his performance, which surprised him, but I'm sure he's happy about it. =)

Overall, it was a great episode and I'm curious about the main villains and what they'll be doing in future episodes to come.
May 22, 2016 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
Why would you be lol?

Because currently I don't see anything likeable in him and would rather see him turn into a potentially entertaining villain?
May 22, 2016 1:39 PM

Dec 2015
LuZeke said:
Tokoya said:
Why would you be lol?

Because currently I don't see anything likeable in him and would rather see him turn into a potentially entertaining villain?

That'd be too reminescent of the Sasuke BS. If that happens here too, I'd be seriously disappointed with this series.
Shitty personality =/= villain route
May 22, 2016 1:46 PM

Jan 2008
My favorite episode so far.

Iida swooning when being praised was so LOL...

Momo with perfect analysis, even All Might was stunned...

The music which started playing when Todoroki froze the building and they showed the other students was really great.

My favorite character Tokoyami looked so badass walking slowly towards the "villains" with his dark cloak and then suddenly revealing his quirk.

The class interactions were funny as hell, Mineta, Aoyama and Iida are a riot.

Powerful scene at the end, even All Might does not have anything to say to Bakugo. As much as an asshole he is, I just cannot hate him - his strong conviction to be the best is just so charismatic. Nice to see him admitting he is not so great though :)

Perfect episode 5/5
May 22, 2016 1:54 PM

May 2014
So happy to see Tokoyami, Todoroki and Momo get their screen time :D

Bakugo stole the episode - loved the scene between him and Deku at the end.

Great episode overall, just wish it was 24 episodes instead :(
May 22, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Bakugou get totally rekted mentally in this episode. Ice dude is OP as fuck, he didn't even need the intervention of his partner to complete the training. The students of Deku's class are cool and likeable so far. Apart of Uraraka and Iida, I like Tsuyu, Mina and the bird dude (who has a really badass Quirk).

The final part of Bakugou made him a bit more likeable in my eyes. He is an asshole without any doubt, but he has redeeming qualities and I find his determination cool despite how much of a jerk he is.

And we see the villains at the end. Cannot wait to see them in action.

Specimen021 said:
Also, Mina. She's pink, fluffy and seems nice. Looks a bit like a cross between a human and a moth, when she's in her hero outfit. I hope it's not too early to call our 'best girl' shots.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who likes her.

Lol you will see almost nothing of todoroki and tokoyami's charisma this season. :v
May 22, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
The_Deceiver said:
All other powers beside the ice guy look really boring.Also the "villains" finally show up.
a morph able body, electricity, ear plug=sound, Hardening of the body and Shadow powers are boring to u ????
KokoroYuudaiMay 22, 2016 2:01 PM

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
May 22, 2016 1:58 PM

Sep 2014
KokoroYuudai said:
The_Deceiver said:
All other powers beside the ice guy look really boring.Also the "villains" finally show up.
Electricity, a morph able body, electricity, ear plug=sound, Hardening of the body and Shadow powers are boring to u ????

I only noticed the body morphs, where did you see the electricity?
May 22, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
The_Deceiver said:
KokoroYuudai said:
Electricity, a morph able body, electricity, ear plug=sound, Hardening of the body and Shadow powers are boring to u ????

the kid with the headphones.

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
May 22, 2016 2:03 PM
Feb 2013
Y'all watck Bokuto pull a Sasuke !
May 22, 2016 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
The_Deceiver said:
KokoroYuudai said:

He is talking abt kamineri's quirk.
May 22, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Bakugou is really mad, i really hope that he will change.
That guy that can freeze and them melt his own ice is a boss! Kachhan was actually scared when he saw him fighting xD
Damn next episode...can't wait.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 22, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
Bakugo got a real explosion of reality. Not only Deku "beat him" but now he is starting to realize the world is a big place and that he is far of being the big shot he thought he was since there are people with far stronger Quirks, not to mention more hardened mentalities that far outclass him. GOOD, you needed that you lil arrogant shit.

Funny how Deku becomes the center of attention. People adore him and that's nice. Getting looked down for being Quirkless and now getting praise and respect, that's beautiful.

I love All Might's english phrases (Oh Shit), and he got a proper scolding himself. He is a pro hero but realizes he has a lot to do before being a teacher. He is a mentor but at the same time he is learning himself.

Last but not least we got our next psycho villain. Ever since I saw Kouki Uchiyama voice Yuu (Charlotte) and Bairi was it? (Guilty Crown). I'm entirely convinced he fits the psychopath profile way too well.
May 22, 2016 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
As a manga reader, I wish the the word "Sasuke" would be banned from all Boku No Hero discussions in existence. It's bad enough people wouldn't stop on Mangareader until Bakugou saved us recently from it, it's even worse to see people are already starting that bs here way before the Sasuke conspiracy theories reached peak annoyance by crazed Sasuke seers at a point in the manga.

BTW, he's much, much, MUCH, more like Vegeta than Sasuke, if you have to do comparisons.

Anyways, the real reason I came here was to ask if anyone could tell me who the other two official recommendations were to join the class other than Todoroki and Momo, because I seem to have completely forgotten about this and I can't seem to find through google who these other two people were. Spoiler tag it I guess when responding.
Jaywalker.
May 22, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
strider98 said:
Illyricus said:
Bakugou get totally rekted mentally in this episode. Ice dude is OP as fuck, he didn't even need the intervention of his partner to complete the training. The students of Deku's class are cool and likeable so far. Apart of Uraraka and Iida, I like Tsuyu, Mina and the bird dude (who has a really badass Quirk).

The final part of Bakugou made him a bit more likeable in my eyes. He is an asshole without any doubt, but he has redeeming qualities and I find his determination cool despite how much of a jerk he is.

And we see the villains at the end. Cannot wait to see them in action.

Lol you will see almost nothing of todoroki and tokoyami's charisma this season. :v
That's why I started the manga today. Waiting each week for the anime is really painful.
May 22, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Hhhhhmmmmm. Much calmer episode compared to previous, but I kind of needed that considering what happened. Quirks are so weird though.

Bakugo is starting to learn, and I like that.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 22, 2016 2:36 PM
Feb 2013
Illyricus said:
Specimen021 said:
Also, Mina. She's pink, fluffy and seems nice. Looks a bit like a cross between a human and a moth, when she's in her hero outfit. I hope it's not too early to call our 'best girl' shots.

My Mina! MY Mina! No touchy! Grrrrr.
May 22, 2016 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
KonoYume said:
That'd be too reminescent of the Sasuke BS. If that happens here too, I'd be seriously disappointed with this series.

The problem with Sasuke wasn't so much that he turned into a villain, but that he -never- grew as a character. Not once. He was always a whiny bitch and even when shown that he was completely utterly wrong, he did the same vengeance shit again.

Bakugo's current trajectory is villain (Heck, the other students even say as much in the previous episode), which is not necessarily a bad thing in terms of story. Having him suddenly become a good person after having been a bully his entire life would make absolutely no sense.
May 22, 2016 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
Izuku is starting to get admired by everyone in his class!
May 22, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
Madcat6204 said:
Illyricus said:

My Mina! MY Mina! No touchy! Grrrrr.
Let the waifu wars begin then (・`ω´・)
May 22, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
Damn Bakugo needs help. His inferiority complex is way too strong and he literally just went catatonic. Watching Bakugo was really quite painful. When he, an extremely prideful person, started shivering and crying in front of the whole school, you know that shits hitting him way too hard.

He needs some counselling at the very least. I really feel sorry for him.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
May 22, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2016
Very good episode. Deku and Uraraka interaction and Kacchan (not shocking) taking some angry pills.
May 22, 2016 3:07 PM

Jul 2011
Kacchan reminds me when a elite kid goes to Harvard and realizes they're a dime a dozen. Although exaggerated, being on top of everything your whole life and suddenly becoming nothing special really hits the pride and ego hard. Looks like he'll break down that hurdle thru the power of rivalry though lol.

Next, the villian appears! Man I hope there's a second season.
May 22, 2016 3:09 PM

Dec 2015
LuZeke said:
KonoYume said:

The problem with Sasuke wasn't so much that he turned into a villain, but that he -never- grew as a character. Not once. He was always a whiny bitch and even when shown that he was completely utterly wrong, he did the same vengeance shit again.

Bakugo's current trajectory is villain (Heck, the other students even say as much in the previous episode), which is not necessarily a bad thing in terms of story. Having him suddenly become a good person after having been a bully his entire life would make absolutely no sense.

Though he doesn't have to be goody goody with others. He just needed to tone down his douchebaggery a little then he'd be fine. No need to be a villain imo.
May 22, 2016 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
I found this episode to be rather slow, still was nice to see how Bakugou change as a character ^^
May 22, 2016 3:33 PM

Aug 2013
Now more than ever.

"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

May 22, 2016 3:37 PM

Apr 2016
This was a fine episode.

First part was fast which was a logic way to end things about the training and we got some new character introduction, which was nicely done.

Second half was more interesting, we have a new Deku-Bakugo moment and villains entering the story.

Watching this to me is like watching the original Naruto series, there are some similar ideas and it looks like we have a new promising shonen series.
My latest Hajime no Ippo AMV:
May 22, 2016 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
This series has such a charm that even episodes in which there isn't that much going on like this one are very enjoyable. One thing that I liked quite a bit is the fact that Bakugo felt outclassed by someone else other than just being beaten by Deku,
Also, I say it every week but the ost is topnotch stuff.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 22, 2016 3:51 PM

Nov 2014
Kacchan got a nice character development this week! It's nice to see that he really isn't just a spoiled kid who absolutely won't bow down to others, but actually able to tell his own weakness. But seriously, that ice kid is seriously insane.

(It'll be even nicer if Kacchan tried to be less neurotic though, lol. Just watching him always contort his face make me exhausted)

Deku really told him about his little secret haha, I wonder how will All Might repond to that decision
May 22, 2016 4:27 PM

Jan 2012
Epicenter said:

Anyways, the real reason I came here was to ask if anyone could tell me who the other two official recommendations were to join the class other than Todoroki and Momo, because I seem to have completely forgotten about this and I can't seem to find through google who these other two people were. Spoiler tag it I guess when responding.

May 22, 2016 4:36 PM

Oct 2013
Well, the half cold and half hot quirk seems really powerful. I am looking forward to seeing that guy often
May 22, 2016 4:46 PM
Feb 2013
animefan8800 said:
Epicenter said:

May 22, 2016 4:56 PM

Jan 2010
Nice episode, the issues between Deku and Kacchan are being handled well. Seeing the flashbacl from both of there perspectives is a nice touch imo. Todoroki is pretty OP, wish we got to see a little more of Tokoyami but this wasn't a bad introduction to his ability. I like All Might's concern over Kacchan as well. They're really bringing the feels out through the anime. Very nice teaser of the villains at the end of the episode.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 22, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2014
I'm really liking Kacchan's character development.
May 22, 2016 5:49 PM

Apr 2016
Anarchi4 said:
Now more than ever.

Haha, i laughed way too much on that!
May 23, 2016 12:55 AM
Apr 2015
LuZeke said:
KonoYume said:

Other students are just as wrong as Bakugo is when he says Deku can't be a hero.
Repeating what KonoYume said, having a bad personality is not the same thing as being a villain.
Bakugo won't become a good person anytime soon, but he isn't a villain either.
Despite what it looks like right now, BnHA isn't a completely Black&White story about perfect heroes defeating evil scum. Many heroes act like actual people with flaws.
Maybe you will entertain the thought of Bakugo as a hero more once you see how Endeavor(Hero #2) is as a person.
May 23, 2016 1:45 AM

Aug 2015
Anarchi4 said:
Now more than ever.

Hahaha, that kills me. Would be hilarious if it became a meme xD
...At least let me finish.

May 23, 2016 1:46 AM

Oct 2014
CrazyMerlyn said:
Other students are just as wrong as Bakugo is when he says Deku can't be a hero.

What did that have to do with anything? Edit: Misread it at first. But, no, they're not wrong at that point. Bakugo wasn't wrong either. When he was without a quirk, Midoriya could not be a hero in the sense that he wanted. The fact that he got one later doesn't change that fact. In the same sense, if Bakugo fixes his shit later, that doesn't make the other students reaction to him during the class wrong when it happened.

Yeah, sure, a bad personality doesn't equate to being a villain. -Acting- like a villain does. Bakugo acts like a villain. I will entertain the thought of Bakugo as a hero when he starts acting like it, which may or may not happen.
LuZekeMay 23, 2016 3:21 AM
May 23, 2016 2:21 AM

Aug 2012
Not much happen in this episode, though some students got kinda...interesting and OP quirks. Bakugo was a crybaby, so much for his pride ╮(╯▽╰)╭

What's with the *facepalm* villain guy anyway..!?? What kind of quirk is that lol
-Shinrei-May 23, 2016 2:51 AM
May 23, 2016 2:54 AM

Jan 2016
Todoroki is soo cool, and he's kinda hot too (pun intended)

Invisible girl is finally nude! 10/10

Laughed at how funny Bakugou's grenade-hand design is and think it was the worst outfit in the series (so far), and then there's this guy with a glove as his gas mask.
マジ Saitama 殴り
May 23, 2016 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
Yay, Shi I mean facepalm-kun finally appears.
Only 1 chapter adapted this episode huh.
I can remember someone on reddit predicting this
If they adapt 2 chapters per episode from this point, the anime should have adapted a total of about 21 chapters.

Todoroki is badass. Really wish there was more than just 13 episodes ;-;
Anyway, good episode. Enjoyed the little bit at the end with Midoriya and Bakugou :D
May 23, 2016 4:50 AM
Apr 2015
LuZeke said:
CrazyMerlyn said:

What did that have to do with anything? Edit: Misread it at first. But, no, they're not wrong at that point. Bakugo wasn't wrong either. When he was without a quirk, Midoriya could not be a hero in the sense that he wanted. The fact that he got one later doesn't change that fact. In the same sense, if Bakugo fixes his shit later, that doesn't make the other students reaction to him during the class wrong when it happened.

Izuku probably wouldn't have been as cool or effective as he is after getting a quirk, but he still would have made a good hero like, say, Mumen Rider.
As for fixing his shit later, I will yet again say that a character can be awful as a person and yet be a hero. I agree that Bakugo's behavior is not hero-like, but then Luffy's behavior isn't pirate-like either. In BnHA world, heroes aren't as heroic as heroes are usually supposed to be but I really don't wanna spoil anything so I will refrain from continuing this argument any further.

LuZeke said:

Yeah, sure, a bad personality doesn't equate to being a villain. -Acting- like a villain does. Bakugo acts like a villain. I will entertain the thought of Bakugo as a hero when he starts acting like it, which may or may not happen.

I don't think Bakugo acts like a villain. He just has a bad temper and doesn't think twice about bullying. Neither of these are good qualities but aren't really villainous either. Harry's dad was also a bully and I doubt one would call him a villain.
May 23, 2016 6:14 AM

Oct 2014
CrazyMerlyn said:
He just has a bad temper and doesn't think twice about bullying.
As if those are his only bad qualities.
May 23, 2016 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
AYY BOKU NO HERO LET'S GO!!
YOO THE RECAP, EPIC SHIT
YEAH YOU GOT BESTED BAKUGO, MAH MAN MIDORIYA RIPPED YOU A NEW ONE.
Finally back to continuing the episode, I started writing this comment 8 hours ago
This nice body girl is pretty knowledgeable and intelligent
HAHAHA LOOK AT BAKUGO
The ice dude's team is moving, I'm interested in his abilities
Yoo he's OP!
Ayy lightning user!
Midoriya getting recognition, always good to see mah man being appreciated!
Nice episode! The pacing was slower than usual but still good and enjoyable episode!
I'm liking Bakugo more
Yoo the villains coming in! Excited for this
3.4/5
May 23, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2009
Todoroki was really cool ! (not as cool as in the manga though)
But did he have the left part of his face frozen in the manga ? I don't remember. I think it's pretty lame
May 23, 2016 9:43 AM

Sep 2014
Bakugo swore he's just getting started, which is just the title drop for the episode. It's nice seeing some character development in him. I can see why he wouldn't believe Izuku. Who would believe that he had borrowed someone's Quirk? Oh well, it did led to Izuku's declaration.

Anyways, it's nice to see that people are starting to admire Izuku! I also find it nice for this episode to show some of the class' Quirks and personalities. The people who got recommended are really strong. I look forward to hearing more from them, though by how these shonen anime work I can say that they'll have at least a huge supporting role... Or at least those who were seen here.
May 23, 2016 10:44 AM

Oct 2015
shinka_otaku said:
But did he have the left part of his face frozen in the manga ? I don't remember. I think it's pretty lame

Yeah, he did
And you've read the manga right? So you should know why his costume is like that... Not very lame to me.
May 23, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
Tsukkimaru said:
shinka_otaku said:

Yeah, he did
And you've read the manga right? So you should know why his costume is like that... Not very lame to me.

I remember the rest of his body being frozen but not the face. In the manga it actually looks good !
And now that you've mentioned it you refreshed my memory on why he had that costume. Thanks :D
May 23, 2016 11:26 AM

Feb 2016
kacchan is still the same fucking kid he was since the start of the show

Like seriously , he lost a fight then his elite world shatterd on his head after seeing that there is some people who are stronger than him out there

I'm glad he's gone ( hopefully he'll come back as a fucking villian )
Also deku need to stop trying to justify what he is doing to that brat kid , there was no reason for him to follow kacchan and explain to him .
Not a bad episode but kinda slow 3/5
hisokathebutcherMay 23, 2016 11:29 AM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
May 23, 2016 4:32 PM

May 2015
that's right bakugo, don't be too much pride like that
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.