Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 27, 2016 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
I swear to god, I will never flame in my league games anymore after watching this anime....

Holly, molly. The concept is so simple, yet explored in such a beautiful way... Man, this was tearjerking.
Music is just AMAZING!

It earned that 9.5 out of 10. Take it... Will decide between 9 and 10 after rewatching, which ill do soon to clear up some things.
TapuTapuuApr 27, 2016 1:15 PM
Apr 28, 2016 2:38 AM

Mar 2016
I think I'll give it a weak 8. It's nothing new but I enjoyed how it was packaged. It tugged at my heart a bit and I was a bit sad with the pairings but it makes sense. I liked the songs for the musical, wish we could have seen the whole thing.

ariefsantosa said:
Lel, NTR approved
I guess it wouldn't be a romance anime discussion without something bastardizing the meaning of NTR.
Apr 29, 2016 7:37 AM

Oct 2014
It looks good, the art is pretty, the characters were enjoyable and the pacing for the first hour or so was perfect..... but then the main girl act like shit at the ending.
I don't watch Evangelion
Apr 30, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2009
Naruse's dad was really mean! To say those things to her coz she told her mom about the cheating, she did not know, of course.
It's really nice to see that even her mom somehow blame her for the episode, so she decided to never speak again. The whole movie gives you the vibe that Takumi is falling in love with Naruse, but since the begging I thought that the it would be better if she would be with the "bad" guy, Daiki, I just wish the anime have gone that way before the end, you know, they both falling in love and supporting each other, but I also got happy that in the end he decides to confess to her! I wish there was more, I would like to see them as a couple! 8/10
May 1, 2016 7:05 AM

Mar 2010
I loved the serie 9/10 sure if i analyse just like all you guys i find faults.. But I wasnt bored really loved it and gave me the feels like anohana and true tears did
May 3, 2016 9:44 AM

May 2010
Wow, dad pls. Blaming it all on your daughter, not even caring that she's only a kid who can't read between the lines yet. Or you could try and not be involved in an affair, meh. At least you could to be manly and accept that you are part of blame.
Thanks to him, she is having a horrible trauma. Great parenting, congratz. I feel for her...

The subs get kinda weird at times. I wish they didn't use all those weird symbols when it's such a serious story. The actual translation is good tho.

Jun... I'm rooting so bad for her.

Pls Tasaki. Takumi is right, you ain't even helping. The real useless one is you.
When Jun started singing tho, at your face, Tasaki! hah.

Okay. So even her mother is all conscious about what others say about her child. Great. And here I thought she would be proud that she opened the door herself.
But I'm really glad Jun is starting to move forward, really proud.

Ooo that's a nice musical plot!

Man I love Jun more and more, she's precious.
And I loved Takumi taking her side. "She's always, really doing her best!" Really felt that line.

Man Tasaki had some good development there, and we can say Jun is the cause of it. I'm starting to like him now. He might be reckless and a little forceful, but he's not a bad guy.
At this stage, I don't really mind which pairing happens and which doesn't (ofc Takumi x Jun would be the ideal choice but ye anything is good)

You know, I think it was really necessary for Naruse to move on.

Good. It's okay like that. This way Naruse will move on strongly and without wavering. I feel like it's better this way rather than inserting ships and all that. The story was about Jun, rather than her love story. I'm glad she was able to love herself, really, really proud of her. Also, you know what's great about it? This time, she confessed herself, knowing she would be rejected. Still she was able to convey her words. And this time, she was appreciated, rather than dismayed. This will help her a lot in regaining her confidence. That was beautiful.
Man, that scene when Jun enters, I love it. I love how the timing was just right.

oooo I support this ship! Both these ships are good. Jun has someone who loves her, many people appreciate her now. That's great, I love it.

I really felt this movie. The plot felt close to my heart, and I really liked it. Tbh I don't get all the hate Mari Okada gets. Imo she tries to delve deep into her characters, and that's a good thing. Jun is a great example. It's melodramatic? So what. Deep inside, we all are melodramatic, awkward, pathetic and uncool. I appreciate her delving more into this human side.
TragicRomanceMay 3, 2016 9:52 AM
May 4, 2016 1:49 AM

Oct 2012
OK movie.

animation and sound directing was great. especially the first half, I liked the silence, no bgm. really fitting.
(only one thing - why play a song that's mostly acoustic guitar in a scene where they're playing the piano. ... it wasn't bad just seemed out of place. )
I was hoping to see more of the actual performance since the opening song sounded funky:

the ending
was over the top. they could've talked about that after the show which would be more realistic imo.

also, if anyone's wondering why egg .. it's a word play

玉子 王子 look similar. the former is read as tamago and the latter is kanji for prince.
fadesMay 4, 2016 6:09 AM

May 10, 2016 4:48 PM

May 2015
Fantastic movie. Great music and animation. For me 9/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 11, 2016 2:08 AM

Apr 2013
Beautifully executed movie with great visuals, character designs and ost. The final song was brilliant and the ending was very satisfying and touching. Unexpected ships at the end! Love the main didactic message in the show and the character interactions too! It was nice seeing the characters grow through each other.
9/10
May 11, 2016 5:55 AM

Oct 2009
When she comes to the stage while singing her curse, the feels hit like a truck.
Also, beautiful song.

Moniisek said:

also, if anyone's wondering why egg .. it's a word play

玉子 王子 look similar. the former is read as tamago and the latter is kanji for prince.

It is not just for the sake of wordplay, but also of her imagination of her father as a prince, and how her mother shut her mouth with eggs when she talked about it.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
May 12, 2016 10:15 PM

Apr 2014
I'm pleasantly surprised by how well 'Over the Rainbow' and Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata work together! Pathetique is by far one of my favorite songs to both play and listen to, so as soon as I heard the sung version of it in the previews for this movie, I was super excited. And wow, I just love how they combined it and made it sound as wonderful as it did. The music in this show- hearing a lot of classical songs reinterpreted as vocals and such- was just,,,ahhh,,,lsdkkss I loved it

As for the rest of the movie- it was a little underwhelming in some aspects and I felt like the story could have been told in a better way, but the music was just such a huge plus.

/ also that shot of Galileo Galilei in the beginning of the movie, such a wonderful band <3
/ my enthusiasm for the music in this movie is overwhelming and probably going to inflate my score of it

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

May 20, 2016 6:09 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, romance part of the anime sucks. what the hell happened?! that was so bad.

otherwise, enjoyable movie. i just wish they would've handled the romance part better.

7/10
May 21, 2016 3:15 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
"It's all your fault for telling your mom that I committed adultery with another woman."
What kind of father blames his daughter for that? ==

And her mom is seriously blaming her for not talking even though she was the one that broke the family apart?

How did this girl communicate in class this whole time? Did teachers just let it go? Wew, doing a Celty.

I wonder if she rejected that guy in the end. xp
May 22, 2016 3:30 PM
Mar 2016
kamisama751 said:
TheKillerAngel said:

The movie is pretty simple and straightforward. You don't have to like it, but if you can appreciate anime like Ghost in the Shell, Jin Rou or Serial Experiments Lain I don't see how Kokosake could be remotely confusing.

It's not confusing. It just makes no sense. The girl's speech got sealed by that prince but then it turned out all that are just her "imagination" for ~10 years. The creator is just trolling.

Actually it's rather common for people who are selective mute to have such problems as this. They usually blame themselves for one reason or another and that's why they don't speak. Either that or the other most common is the pressure to speak, but that's seen mostly in like younger children.

So the egg and prince thing was just the creator's way of putting it to the screen and showing everyone what she was thinking in her head. Instead of her just sitting there thinking those words which would be much less interesting.
May 24, 2016 1:40 AM

Mar 2013
japan, when will you learn to write endings?

I swear, I'm going to build a bomb. do you want me to have to start world war 3? get your shit together.
meditate on bass weight.
May 24, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2015
Who cares about whether story make sense or not, as long as it's enjoyable to watch. 10/10
May 25, 2016 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
When I stumbled onto this movie, I knew that there would be something special about it. The name was enough to hook me in, but to also learn it was by the same creator of AnoHana sealed the deal. When I think of the word anthem, I think of purpose. It has a more profound ring to it than song. A declaration, something that uplifts those who sing and listen to it. A very fitting title for a series where the heart of one girl finally gains a voice and inspires those around her.

I found myself immediately drawn in by Jun's earnest charm both at the start as well as when her every thought is written all over her face as she tries to reach out to Sakagami. Lol'd so hard when she sang to the class and ran out embarrassed. This movie had a simple but crucial message about the power behind words. I was constantly moved when Jun would muster up courage to speak up despite the pain it caused. "Words can hurt people, you can't take words back." This really cut deep. It made me reflect on some of the things I've said recently and how much of an impact what we say really has on both those around us and our own perspectives.

I was also able to touch base with Sakagami's feelings about how speaking up felt pointless and often resulted in silencing things I wanted to say. I really liked that bit when Sakagami picks up Jun at the castle. It's emphasized in Jun's line "Thanks to me, not my fault?" That her voice and feelings were being graciously accepted rather than blamed.

Those high school problems seem so small in retrospect, but if they're left alone they grow bigger. It seems like such a trivial problem with a simple solution, but once a mental barrier is made it's like climbing mountains to overcome it. This is evident with Jun's case and I also feel like there's things that still haunt me from my teen years as well. Things that, had I confronted and overcome back then, might not have followed me beyond high school.

Very beautiful, heartwarming movie with plenty to think about. The song at the end was particularly moving, I like how they incorporated that idea earlier on about combining two songs. Truly an anthem of the heart.

9/10

On a side note, the only thing that threw me off was the presumed pairing at the end. The hint of Tasaki x Jun in the near future just made me go "Ehhh???"
May 30, 2016 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
Loved this movie art and music was great part of me was slightly biased since i never thought i would see the anohana art style again and that Cameo near the middle with Naruko's friends didn't help!.

it was great up until the romance drama which i do agree was the weakest part and even with the unexpected twist of parings might of done this movie a disservice,though the play was well done as well.

overall really enjoyable movie 8/10
Jun 1, 2016 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
i was gonna give this a 7 when i thought that Takumi was gonna accept Naruse's confession
but wow
such surprise

8/10
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jun 3, 2016 1:14 AM
Apr 2013
I went in blind and one thing that kept bugging throughout the show was" Is this written by Mari Okada?" Holy shit on how right I am. Unfortunately.

The movie is average at best with the second half being plain boring and dramatically predictable. The worst will be the end pairings which don't make any sense. I do see the dynamics between Naruse and Takumi, but the same can't be said with Takumi and Nito. Nor Naruse and the big guy. Of all of the interactions I saw in the movie, the ones between Naruse and Takumi truly felt the most realistic, sincere and suits what the story trying to convey to us. I just don't see that between Nito and Takumi.

All in all, that's what I can get from Mari, a forced teenage drama movie.
Jun 5, 2016 4:37 PM

Jun 2013
This was a good movie. I found the story to be quite interesting and enjoyable. The drama and music was great but the romance was mediocre. I liked the main character Jun while others were okay expect for Nito who in reality is pretty obnoxious and insecure. I mean I understand that certain characters were there to add complexity and drama to the plot but it wasn't necessary.
worldeditor11 said:
I went in blind and one thing that kept bugging throughout the show was" Is this written by Mari Okada?" Holy shit on how right I am. Unfortunately.

The movie is average at best with the second half being plain boring and dramatically predictable. The worst will be the end pairings which don't make any sense. I do see the dynamics between Naruse and Takumi, but the same can't be said with Takumi and Nito. Nor Naruse and the big guy. Of all of the interactions I saw in the movie, the ones between Naruse and Takumi truly felt the most realistic, sincere and suits what the story trying to convey to us. I just don't see that between Nito and Takumi.

All in all, that's what I can get from Mari, a forced teenage drama movie.

True!

I am disappointed with the ending myself. I mean it didn't really seem like a happy ending for Jun rather it seemed like the author/writer was desperately trying to force characters together despite any chemistry. And honestly Mari Okada is famous for these kinds of ludicrous and redundant endings if you look at her other works. But still it sucks because both Jun and Takumi connected on a emotional level and the bond between them is very genuine. It's not superficial or vague like the one with Nito and Takumi.

Overall 7/10
I-JitsuJun 5, 2016 4:54 PM
Jun 10, 2016 4:17 PM

Mar 2016
The art/animation/story/voices/characters were all amazing

but wtf was that random ending, personally I thought the ships should have been the other way around like idk why they didn't do: Jun x Takumi and Nitou x Daiki.
Jun 13, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
The last 30 minutes is killing me, and I really wanna punch Takumi in the face
Jun 14, 2016 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Though there were problems, I really enjoyed this movie. It was cute, and all the characters grew on me by the end. (The extra drama with Jun towards the end was pretty frustrating though, to be honest.)

It took A LOT of guts for the makers of the movie to not make the main two into a couple in the end, and I really liked that! There aren't enough platonic male/female relationships out there in movies like this.
Jun 18, 2016 6:17 AM
Mar 2015
I love that. Would like to see more especially seeing that manga is still on-going [???].

Actually got kinda sad while this movie, kinda story from my life, but without ending.

I only didn't liked one point in this movie - that Naruse and Sakagami at the end weren't together.

still 10/10, maybe 9.9/10 for that.
Jun 26, 2016 3:35 AM
Dec 2015
Very nice heartwarming anime to watch! I was surprised that I even enjoyed the music! Normally I don't but was very nice!
The romance was perfect as wel but wish tasaki didn't confess to haruse those two really do not suit each other and hope she rejected him cold 😂 But was a very enjoyable anime!
Jun 28, 2016 10:00 PM

Mar 2009
can someone please help me find the voice actor for the fairy egg? I looked through the character list but I can't seem to recognize him...thank you in advance!
Jul 3, 2016 4:08 PM

Oct 2013
I watched this today and enjoyed it very much. I wish there were animated films like this when I was younger. Back then the only thing available were HIV + teen dramas featuring shitty celebrities you wished would catch on fire. I never watched romantic dramas when I was a youngster - a steady diet of horror, war, police flicks, etc. Today I am here nearing the latter part of my life and finally finding something I can enjoy in this genre -but it has to be animated. I can't watch celebrities.
Jul 9, 2016 2:13 AM

Jan 2013
Ouch, I was hurt by the "There's someone else I love" line. I mean from the viewers perspective how could you not be rooting for Naruse. Since Takumi spends the whole film interacting with her. Since his past with Nitou is barely explored except for the painful memories he had, of course I'm not going to care for her. The ending was a real curveball.
Still, I enjoyed most of it. 8.5/10
Jul 11, 2016 5:30 AM
Aug 2010
7/10

While I really loved Jun and her execution, the characther development was decent, and the story was quite original and interesting. The romance was totally unnecesary, if they just focused on how to develop a friendship between the characters while trying to solve Jun trauma, or if they really wanted romance without the melodrama, it would be a masterpiece.

And really what was the point in having the other female character, all the story telling was because of Jun, I got to relate to her, but instead the guy just chooses the other girl because of information we don't get to know. Really hate when they go in the romance route developing a character just for that character to experience drama.

Jun's acting 10/10
Melodrama 1/10
Hans_0819Jul 11, 2016 5:34 AM
Jul 16, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2014
I enjoyed the movie up to the point where the "romance part" ruined everything. The choice Takumi makes is based on stuff we don't know and understand (or care about), it surprised me and I couldn't even really enjoy the part that came after.
Jul 21, 2016 2:40 AM

Aug 2012
I dunno why some people feel that what Naruse Jun's did is exaggerated.. Apparently I happen to know that it is a condition called selective mutism, and this movie portrayed it beautifully. One thing that disappoint me a little is the fact that this movie doesn't mention it at all.

But anyway, it was a fun ride. Definitely 10/10.
Jul 21, 2016 9:44 AM

May 2013
Alright so finally got around to finishing the highly anticipated movie made from the same cast who created AnoHana and god damn was this movie amazing. The music they used was really heartwarming, especially the "Over the Rainbow" song, which I personally enjoyed their rendition of the song. At first I was surprised that Takumi rejected Naruse's confession, but to be honest, I feel like I would have liked this a whole lot less, if Takumi said "I love you too!", well simply because that would have been forced and contrived as fuck. After thinking about it, Takumi didn't really show any "romantic" feelings toward Naruse, you could tell he was helping her out of raw sympathy and consideration. My favorite character was defintley Tasaki, idk I always tend to like those sort of deliquent, "oh im a big guy on the outside, but inside im a soft and sensitive man", tsundere type characters. I am glad he confessed to Naruse at the end, and I feel like they suit better than Naruse and Takumi. I just wished it portrayed their relationship a whole lot more in the film, but hey its alg mayn. The themes of "expressing yourself" was conveyed in a very interesting way, and I really liked it. I enjoyed watching the musical, and couldn't help smiling like a fag when Naruse finally sang infront of her school, but more importantly; in front of her mum.

Overall this movie was HIGHLY enjoyable to watch, decent animation, beautiful sound/music and the characters interacted in a fun, yet realistic way. I'm feeling a strong 8.5 - light 9.0 on this one. Great film and would highly recommend to anyone!

EDIT - I can see why it is a huge kick in the balls making you watch the chemistry evolve between the main two protagonists and make you think they will end up together where it turns out that is certainly not the case... but hey, better to be original and not mediocre right? hehe xd
SneakoJul 21, 2016 9:50 AM
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Jul 21, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Rorek said:
The last 30 minutes is killing me, and I really wanna punch Takumi in the face
Agreed, it ruined it for me. They were really focusing on Takumi and Jun throughout the whole movie and then suddenly a switch that made no sense happened. The duet saved it at the end. Call me salty, but that ending ship was bullshit. Nito was the most uninteresting character in the entire movie.
Aug 6, 2016 5:24 PM

May 2012
Well that was quite the movie I must say! Really interesting story actually with such a focus on psychological problems of a girl, and how she managed to get over it!

Really loved the atmosphere and especially that ending.

A great movie in general I must say!
Aug 7, 2016 5:31 AM

Aug 2009
For some reason the pair couples switchup really surprised me and caught me off guard lmao

May Tasaki + Jun be happy lol.. they actually do seem cute!
Sometimes one doesnt even like the guy the MC loves, but if you yourself likes the MC you want her to be happy and support her choices. Personally didnt like Sakagami that much for her anyway.

Coming from a person that used to be more outgoing and loud, but because of past reasons became to be very shy and cautious, I really related to this movie. Unfortunately I havent turned my life around yet but I hope it does one day.
Aug 13, 2016 8:07 AM

Aug 2016
I'm mad that Jun didn't get with Takumi.... Honestly Nitou and Takumi have nothing in common while Jun helped change Takumi and shares a similar life experience. They had so much screen time together for them not to end up with each other..? He spent so much time thinking of her yet he doesn't love her while the girlfriend he had a longtime ago who couldn't help him when he needed it most is the one he has feelings for. I would think after meeting someone like Jun i would completely forget about someone like Nitou.
~More then one waifu will ruin your lifu~
Aug 24, 2016 6:20 AM

Dec 2014
I was looking forward to this movie ever since the first trailer came out, but then I completely forgot about it since so much time passed. Today though, today I remembered this movie came out and finally watched it. It was worth the wait. The music and especially the voice acting was amazing. I was enjoying everything about it right up until the last act. It was obvious that there was going to be drama but I was hoping we'd get through it quickly. Instead it ending up being the entire end of the movie. Besides that though I loved it. Even though the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be I can't just forget everything that happened before it.

9/10
Sep 2, 2016 5:15 AM

Feb 2013
I loved it!
Well,until Sakagami said that he wasn't in love with Naruse.
The last 30 minutes were awful, at least until the end when Tasaki confessed to Naruse.
Nitou was annoying the entire movie, I hate her.
And I can't forget about her father who is a total scumbag, her mother wasn't great either.
UlquiorraSep 9, 2016 2:49 PM
Sep 4, 2016 1:37 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty interesting story this anime has i must say. and moreover, the romance, not really what i had expected to be. from my perspective, the author, the storywritter didn't really focus more on the romance instead he focused more on the school life. AnoHana is a good example for that. yes there are some romance in the story but that's not the main point of the story. there are problems with the mc in the story and the point is to tell the watcher what will happen to her afterwards. that's what i see from this movie. so overall, from the story, it think it was pretty interesting and enjoyable to watch even tho it was pretty simple. and it was cute regardless of that.

from the personality, characterization and development, it think they made it pretty well or managed to made it looks real and interesting as possible. and i kinda like that they add some fairy tales story's vibe into the story. it kinda makes it more enjyoable to watch for me. and the romance. it got me really hard and suprised me pretty well. the ending. i bet not only me but some people here thought that Naruse would ended up with Takumi but lol, actually nope. Takumi rejected Naruse sadly cause he still likes Nitou and Daiki ended up liking Naruse and....shit they cut the story right there. gg god dammit! so in the end, the romance remain a mystery. well, overall, i think it was a pretty well done too.

Animation, without any doubt, it was a great animation.
and soundtrack, it was okay. not really that good, nor even that bad. just okay to me.

it was an enjoyable and pretty emotional ride.
9/10 from me.
Sep 5, 2016 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
6/10 becomes 7/10 because I was able to predict the ending. Flaws it has are seen in most anime like this so no reason to complain.
Sep 16, 2016 12:39 AM
Jan 2015
This movie was very enjoyable to me, but I didn't appreciate how the pairing turned out at the end. They didn't feel that genuien like the movie was striving for. A solid 8/10 for me
My Queens

Sep 17, 2016 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
This time I won't analyze and discuss plot, characters, drama moments. This is the rarest case when anime just hit me hard right in kokoro. There's no actual explanation, just huge wave of feels.
Thank you, A-1 Pictures, for creating this little masterpiece. 10/10
Sep 18, 2016 11:44 PM

Apr 2013
Here's some of my problems with this anime:

- The movie simply doesn't treat Naruse's mental illness as serious as it should. Apparently she stop talking for years and her parents didn't even take her to a doctor. I mean Jesus, how irresponsible are these people. Also nobody her in school seem to mind too much. It's difficult to take the movie seriously when its very premise is so unrealistic.

- Sakagami is a super forgettable character.

- Nitou is not only super forgettable, but she also shouldn't even exist. She just serves as a plot device to the whole love triangle thing that also shouldn't exist. I felt like the story about Naruse's trauma conflicted with the romance and the movie didn't give a satisfying ending for neither.

- Tasaki is a cool character, but in the end his purpose was only to confess to Naruse so the audience doesn't feel bad about her being rejected before. Cheap.

- This movie is predictable and doesn't have memorable scenes. The relationship between Naruse and Sakagami is kind of sweet, but the plot is pretty straightforward, so nothing really interesting or unexpected happens for most of the movie.

The animation and music are good, and I liked the main character. But as it is I can't say this a decent movie, let alone good. I'm giving it a 4 out of 10.
Sep 20, 2016 10:35 PM

Apr 2012
It's not melodramatic at all. It is very much a coming-of-age story where the drama is subtle (not reliant on big plot twist and such). I think it's a movie that relates to many of us in our youth, about expression of our inner thoughts. Though, I can certainly agree that due to its subtle nature sitting 2 hours to watch this movie can seem a bit long.

Personally 7/10, not that it means anything.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 10, 2016 4:01 PM
Dec 2014
I felt like the love triangle didn't even make any sense. It didn't even occur to me that the popular girl and the boring guy would get back together in the end. Like I seriously thought he liked the main girl so imagine how shocked I was to hear him reject her?? They spent all that time building this relationship between the two of them only for him to be like "Oh yeah, I'm only helping you 'cause you reminded me of me. That's all. Soz." I mean did anyone watching even want him to end up with the popular girl?

Though to be fair the baseball guy turned out to be way more decent...

Honestly, all round the characters were pretty average. I'll probably never remember them.

Disappointing ending. The whole mess at the end just felt rushed and badly put together. Watching the baseball guy develop as a character was probably the most entertaining. I'm left feeling like the boring guy wasn't even likeable in the end.
Oct 13, 2016 4:02 AM

Dec 2012
Simple, peaceful, not so tear-jerking anime but I love it :)

- barely alive -
Oct 23, 2016 12:06 AM

Jan 2012
Its a very good movie but they didn't go that extra mile in order to become a great movie.

That NTR habbit of A-1 strikes again!
NoobHunterDOct 23, 2016 12:11 AM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 24, 2016 9:57 AM
Jul 2016
[ May contain spoilers]
In my opinion Kokoro ga Sakebitagetterunda had the potential to be an anime movie masterpiece if the story line and ending wasn't so contradictory.

The beginning was fantastic, Naruse's traumatic childhood was understood by the viewers and it was clear that she was beginning to understand and develop feelings for Sakagami, vice verca; especially after the piano session at his house and the transparent infatuation between Sakagami and Naruse was made evident after his conversation with his ex Nido on the street where Sakagami just kept talking about how he wanted to cheer Naurse on and Nido knew he was in love with her.

After that the story line just fell into a whirlwind of contradictions instead of Naruse and Sakagami while Tazaki and Nido become an item it was the opposite which seemed contradictory especially after the foreshadowing during their conversation between Tazaki and Nido at the train station highlighting how they understand each other because they were both abandoned by the baseball team and Sakagami rather it was Nido and Sakagami that became an item while Tazaki and Naruse the same, this ending was just to contradictory because it was only Sakagami that knew where Naruse was because she opened her heart to him while he did also by telling her about his parents and his grandparents clearly wanted Naruse as Sakagami's girlfriend likewise with Ms. Naruse after his support at the hospital when Ms.Naruse was having a mental breakdown which made her see how good a person Naruse really is and not a burden, but only someone in love would say those things about another, if Tazaki was really in love with Naruse why didn't he say anything there?
Nevertheless the ending was just unexpected because of these deceptive lead ups the ending just doesn't make sense and is hard to grasp and leaves the viewer dissatisfied with everything because it makes the previous scenes useless it should have been Tazaki who found her at the hotel so SHE could say all the mean things she thought about him especially after Tazaki's harsh words in the classroom instead of Sakagami who was nothing but nice to her, it didnt make sense it was just to contradictory.

However maybe Tatsuyuki Nagai wanted the ending to be contradictory because life doesn't always go as planned just like when young Naruse wanted her mum and dad together forever and he foretold this countless instances throughout when he apologised to Naruse he was blushing, when they met at the train station he was blushing etc

Furthermore Tatsuyuki Nagai showed us how Nido and Sakagami were meant for each other because they were both perhaps "sexually driven" teenagers unlike Naruse because after seeing their two two class mates kissing Sakagami looked totally unflustered but instead entranced maybe that is what he wanted from Nido which she was prepared to give because she was jealous and Sakagami knowing he would never get this from Naruse fell in love again with Nido.
Oct 25, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2012
IMO, the ending felt kinda rushed though, like how Tasaki suddenly like felt in love with Naruse and confessed, considering Naruse just get rejected by Sakagami.

Sakagami feelings toward Nitou also was a bit staged i felt like Sakagami wasnt really shown or express that he was still in love with Nitou, and seriously apart from the character development ( which rather feel rush apart from Tasaki and Naruse), the relationship is kinda meh.

Not that im Sakagami X Naruse team but showing how their relationship is focused in this movie (not too mention there are a lot of scenes with them together) I thought they might end up together although not NOW, but maybe like later on. the plot twist kinda taken me aback for a little, as I thought Tasaki likes Nitou, and TBH they seems good together haha.

The egg metaphor was kinda nice, and I totally feel the story background and plots, been there and how I know words hurt more than physical abuse (although sometimes it may come together). I wish it would have been a series instead and I rather prefer it to be in dark theme xD,
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» let's talk about the ending ( 1 2 )

Joshiki - Mar 21, 2019

79 by sg_epk_1048596 »»
May 6, 12:32 PM

» I was liking it but that ending...

supernicolasman - Oct 6, 2020

9 by mangalicker94 »»
Mar 9, 6:56 PM

» Musical Songs

Saki_e_aql - May 23, 2022

1 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 24, 2022 9:49 AM

» Happy romance wise end?

Haldeyr - Feb 14, 2017

41 by SandraEis »»
Nov 16, 2021 2:30 PM

» Spoilers please? (please avoid if you want to remain spoiler-free :D )

karmenmeghan - Dec 31, 2015

7 by CarbonMD »»
Mar 23, 2020 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.