Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

My thoughts of Aldnoah Zero over all, and why i hate Slain. Do you hate slaine?

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 25, 2015 6:04 PM
May 2012
swn32 said:
Slaine continues to be the trainwreck of a character that he's been since the ending of season 1. I don't really see him improving.

Although he's trying to hide anything from Saaz even other Vers people in order to save the princess but that's just great.

So I guess he's officially become a biggest dick in this anime after all.

Unless IF he's become a biggest jerk plus a psychotic douchebag ala Sugou & Laughing coffin from SAO, I can get mad pretty fast.

fst said:
#slainedidnothingwrong

Since when they used a hashtag in Myanimelist forum anyway? It started to make no sense right now...
JafriZinJan 25, 2015 6:08 PM
Jan 26, 2015 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
I really hate fucking Slain cuz he reminds me of Suzaku from CG.Only reason I watch this show is to see him die.Not a big fan of Inaho either lol.
Jan 26, 2015 4:55 PM
May 2012
Still complaining over both Inaho & Slaine Troyard? Oh boo hoo just cry me a river...
Jan 26, 2015 8:47 PM

Mar 2014
r/fuckslaine
Mar 8, 2015 9:16 AM
May 2012
Whoever jumps into the conclusion for nothing is just way too stupid.

But now this is getting OFFTRACK real fast & I'll be damned.

(people these days)
JafriZinMar 8, 2015 9:33 AM
Mar 8, 2015 9:23 AM

Feb 2015
I like Slain as a character. I personally don't like the Princess. How dare that hussie steal Yuki's beloved little brother out from under her nose!

Mar 8, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2014
Don't really like Slaine :(
Mar 8, 2015 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
Mar 8, 2015 9:45 AM
May 2012
radle said:
After episode 9... Slaine is insane.

For crying out loud,

I REALLY BLAME THAT THOSE BRAIN-DEAD MONKEYS FOR MAKING IT SO (Saazbum, cruteo , princesses & etc who've always lied to him)!!
JafriZinMar 8, 2015 9:51 AM
Mar 8, 2015 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
Slanies job is being a heel and he does his job great i'd say he is on triple h's level
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 8, 2015 9:57 AM
May 2012
Mar 8, 2015 11:06 AM
Mar 2012
JeffreyZin said:
radle said:
After episode 9... Slaine is insane.

For crying out loud,

I REALLY BLAME THAT THOSE BRAIN-DEAD MONKEYS FOR MAKING IT SO (Saazbum, cruteo , princesses & etc who've always lied to him)!!

You seem upset.
Mar 9, 2015 1:49 AM
Feb 2015
I dislike slaine because of all the wasted potential in him.
Mar 9, 2015 8:08 PM
May 2012
I remember when he fought against Maryclyian during a duel fight and guess what? He has been slaine at the end. letting him die in suffocation.

NO ONE EVER MISSED HIM WHATSOEVER.
WHAT AN ASSHOLE.

Herlock said:
Slanies job is being a heel and he does his job great i'd say he is on triple h's level

Damn,

He used to be a wimp & never knew jackshit about it before. Now pretty much he like to hide everything over everyone's back in order to use an Aldnoah power & he used both Asselyum & Lemrina now?!

swn32 said:

You seem upset.

Huh? Me?

Look, I have a right to express my thoughts & reactions over this show like you guys are because things just drive me crazy even more. Damn, there's so many conspiracy all over the place & it's completely OUT OF NOWHERE!!

Well would you excuse me over my mega anxiously over-emotional feelings right now due to stupidity in this one...
JafriZinMar 9, 2015 10:14 PM
Mar 10, 2015 6:06 AM
May 2012
Viktor_Otaku said:

Like I said, it was completely random & outta nowhere. I hope Inaho will tear Slaine's apart once and for all! IF Cruteo is still alive, he would've stop him including Saaz! but too bad he's already dead & it was an anticlimatic for me.
JafriZinMar 10, 2015 4:04 PM
Mar 10, 2015 6:24 AM
Mar 2015
Darklight and swn still refusing to see anything beyond their narrow viewpoint I see.

Slaine's entire character arc is of him realizing that Saazbum, despite his desire to kill the princess, is ENTIRELY in the right considering the state of the Vers empire and is CENTRAL to him because he has directly experienced the discrimination of the empire because of his Terran status. When Saazbum showed the powerpoint/video to him of orlane and explained to him exactly what he planned to do, Slaine started his character story of moving away from being the Princess' dog. There is real character conflict within him as he now has to struggle between being loyal to the Princess and reforming the Vers Empire.

Furthermore, he was completely isolated within the Vers Empire after his father died. His only friend and person who cared for him in the Vers Empire was Asshime and when she left him, he was completely alone. In the midst of this, Saazbum comes in and treats him extremely fairly, cares for him, and even provides a real motivation to his life by showing a possible future for Slaine.

Thus, it's no surprise at all that Slaine rescued Saaz because at that point, Saaz was the ONLY person in his life who cared for him and treated him well. Yes, he knows that Saaz wants to kill the princess, but the princess wasn't with him through his trials and hardly payed attention to him anyway. If he didn't save Saaz, he would be throwing away the only person in his life who cared for him and the only one who had helped him.

It's only when Saaz shoots the princess that the conflict rears its head fully in Slaine again and thus he mentally breaks down completely in the finale.

In the 19 months between S1 and S2, he grows up and learns more about the world and realizes that the Vers Empire is truly rotten which is shown by the clear discrimination that persists even though he has Tharsiss and the approval of the most powerful count.

Yet darklight and swn completely ignore any of this complexity and simply cover their ears and yell that "SLAINE IS LITERALLY HITLER+STALIN+MAO+POL POT" because he opposes their oh so perfect INAHOJESUS and shows a clear understanding of the world he lives in compared to the fairy tale reality of the princess.

What the fuck was he going to do to stop the war when Asshime told him to shut down the war? All the soldiers he had commanded, all the sacrifices he had made, and the clear decision by the Vers soldiers who had overcome their intial discrimination to salute him and accept a Terran as a viable count thrown to the wind? Fuck no. That was real progress shown by the Vers Empire, much more than Inaho or the princess had ever accomplished. He managed to make racist soldiers and counts salute him and acknowledge that Terrans could have a place in Vers society.

Finally, anyone who accuses Slaine of being a loon are out of their godamn minds. Sure, a lowly Terran seen as SUBHUMAN by the Vers society rises to become the most powerful count with the devotion of many (but not all) the Knights who hated earth for 15 years is "JUST A LOON PEOPLE! HE DOESN"T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING AND IS AN IDIOT!!!
Mar 10, 2015 8:47 PM
Feb 2015
JeffreyZin said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

Like I said, it was completely random & outta nowhere. I hope Inaho will tear Slaine's apart once and for all! IF Cruteo is still alive, he would've stop him including Saaz! but too bad he's already dead & it was an anticlimatic for me.

I pretty much hope that Inaho dies in a fire after this as well, or ends up as a permanent vegetable. He is pretty much a stamp of the mill OP-never changing-boring as crap MC from a shonen anime.
Mar 10, 2015 9:07 PM

Jan 2015
TheDeceiv3R said:
I really hate fucking Slain cuz he reminds me of Suzaku from CG.Only reason I watch this show is to see him die.Not a big fan of Inaho either lol.

So technically you hate him but he's the only reason why you're watching it at the moment, damn bruh.

And Icezera, I do believe that those who tend to bash on slaine are those who typically wanna be like Inaho, r/God and as such, with Slaine being like a normal human being with emotion and mistakes and all, the weabo tend to hate him cause they refuse to think that they're like him.
Mar 10, 2015 9:15 PM
Feb 2015
OfficialMikoSM said:
TheDeceiv3R said:

So technically you hate him but he's the only reason why you're watching it at the moment, damn bruh.

And Icezera, I do believe that those who tend to bash on slaine are those who typically wanna be like Inaho, r/God and as such, with Slaine being like a normal human being with emotion and mistakes and all, the weabo tend to hate him cause they refuse to think that they're like him.

Well its not only that, people who can relate to him are also disappoint because the writers had failed to explore on his character, even when he is by far the most interesting one in the entire series.
Mar 10, 2015 11:47 PM
May 2012
Viktor_Otaku said:
I pretty much hope that Inaho dies in a fire after this as well, or ends up as a permanent vegetable. He is pretty much a stamp of the mill OP-never changing-boring as crap MC from a shonen anime.

REALLY?! YOU WANT THAT EMOTIONLESS SON OF A BITCH TO DIE AS WELL?!

What are you anyway?

I basically watch this anime & nothing but overreact rather than criticized over flaws throughtout this one.

I guess everyone has a different perception after all. NO wonder why NOBODY seems to please me over my rants all the time. When someone dies, NOBODY CARES!! And they were like fuck him, he's a worthless character.

I CARE ABOUT IT FOR FUCK SAKES!! EVEN CROSS ANGE WHO GAVES ME A GODDAMN INTENSE ANXIOUS FEELINGS LIKE THIS SO MANY PEOPLE KILLED IN THAT SHOW!!
JafriZinMar 11, 2015 12:18 AM
Mar 11, 2015 1:21 AM

Sep 2014
JeffreyZin.

You probably need like, some sedatives.

Don't get me wrong, you're one of my favorite users because I can literally feel the freakout behind your posts, but I'm also starting to worry about you. You need to be sure you stay healthy and don't explode or something, because otherwise I would miss seeing your passionate reactions.
Mar 11, 2015 1:28 AM

Feb 2015
I think both characters are good, the mc's logic is tight and slaines supposed to be a dick, hes a indirect antagonist.
Mar 11, 2015 3:14 AM
Feb 2015
JeffreyZin said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

What are you anyway?

I basically watch this anime & nothing but overreact rather than criticized over flaws throughtout this one.

I guess everyone has a different perception after all. NO wonder why NOBODY seems to please me over my rants all the time. When someone dies, NOBODY CARES!! And they were like fuck him, he's a worthless character.

I CARE ABOUT IT FOR FUCK SAKES!! EVEN CROSS ANGE WHO GAVES ME A GODDAMN INTENSE ANXIOUS FEELINGS LIKE THIS SO MANY PEOPLE KILLED IN THAT SHOW!!

If you are asking my opinion then yes, I just want every single character in the show put down humanely, because it would spare the forums the agony of the fanboys fighting over the scraps by claiming that their favorite character survived he is the better one.
Mar 11, 2015 3:25 AM

Apr 2008
Viktor_Otaku said:
JeffreyZin said:

What are you anyway?

If you are asking my opinion then yes, I just want every single character in the show put down humanely, because it would spare the forums the agony of the fanboys fighting over the scraps by claiming that their favorite character survived he is the better one.

That already happened at the ending of last season
Mar 11, 2015 3:31 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

It didn't stick, as we are all (sadly) aware.
Mar 11, 2015 4:15 AM
Feb 2015
ANGRY2011 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well we can always keep our fingers-crossed now right ? I did open a champagne if both Inaho and Slaine die, the Princess living would at least not cause as much a storm as them two.
Mar 11, 2015 4:19 AM

Apr 2008
ANGRY2011 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Why sadly? Having an entire season focused on nothing but SLaine would be an absolute nightmare.
Mar 11, 2015 4:24 AM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
ANGRY2011 said:

Why sadly? Having an entire season focused on nothing but SLaine would be an absolute nightmare.

It would had made a somewhat acceptable ending if there was no season 2, anyway vice versa the thought of having Inaho in the spotlight without him experiencing any character growth or having any influence on the story is just as terrible.
Mar 11, 2015 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Maybe for you. I'd totally watch it. I snore through the terrans "fighting" anyway.

And even without opposition a story about the construction of a new country is intersting. Or there could've started the civil war among the Vers.
Mar 11, 2015 5:04 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Preference. I don't like it when huge season ending cliffhangers that are especially high on drama with a "will they live?" kind of feel in a show set during a war is negated at the beginning of next season with "they lived!"

Inaho could've died. Princess could've died. Saaz could've died. I would have been happy if any one of them did... but they all made it.

Still bugs me.
Mar 11, 2015 5:31 AM

Apr 2008
ANGRY2011 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Preference. I don't like it when huge season ending cliffhangers that are especially high on drama with a "will they live?" kind of feel in a show set during a war is negated at the beginning of next season with "they lived!"

Inaho could've died. Princess could've died. Saaz could've died. I would have been happy if any one of them did... but they all made it.

Still bugs me.

Princess had not been found. That was pretty blatant that she wasn't dead. Inaho was vague since we never saw WHERE he got shot and as proven one of the many theories that it was the eye was proven correct. Sazbaum on the other hand yeah he should've been dead. Then again Slaine's aim with a pistol was horrendous throughout the first season.

And again Slaine did not have what it takes to support an entire season on his own.
Mar 11, 2015 5:37 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
ANGRY2011 said:

Still bugs me.

Princess had not been found. That was pretty blatant that she wasn't dead. Inaho was vague since we never saw WHERE he got shot and as proven one of the many theories that it was the eye was proven correct. Sazbaum on the other hand yeah he should've been dead. Then again Slaine's aim with a pistol was horrendous throughout the first season.

And again Slaine did not have what it takes to support an entire season on his own.

Shrug. Just what I would have preferred. The way it played out left a bad taste in my mouth.
Mar 11, 2015 8:18 AM
May 2012
Viktor_Otaku said:

I think they were talking about my attitude lately. My gosh, people these days couldn't handle my expressions, criticisms & objectivity properly.

ANGRY2011 said:

Don't get me wrong, you're one of my favorite users because I can literally feel the freakout behind your posts, but I'm also starting to worry about you. You need to be sure you stay healthy and don't explode or something, because otherwise I would miss seeing your passionate reactions.

This is Myanimelist. I'm free to express myself over everything that happened in this anime even the previous shows that I seen in my entire life after Guilty Crown & Valvrave The liberator like you guys are. Because I'm finding this even MORE irritating to watch since the last season...

Not just loose ends, plot holes & dumb scenes that they pulled lately.

Hell, I seen the same comment like this on youtube, facebook & twitter when it comes to reaction towards all this.

JafriZinMar 11, 2015 8:58 AM
Mar 11, 2015 8:25 AM

Sep 2014
JeffreyZin said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

ANGRY2011 said:

Guys, this is Myanimelist. I'm free to express myself over everything that happened in this anime even the previous shows that I seen in my entire life after Guilty Crown & Valvrave The liberatoer like you guys are. because it's trying to get me nerves since the last season. NOT just loose ends, plot holes & dumb scene that they done lately which it's really annoys & pisses me off.

Hell, I seen the same comment like this on youtube, facebook & twitter when it comes to reaction towards all this.

Like I said, you're free to do what you want, I actually like you. I'm just worried you might have an aneurysm or something.
Mar 11, 2015 9:18 AM
May 2012
Great, I was trying SO HARD to fix'd my last post but still... ugh.

ANGRY2011 said:
I don't like it when huge season ending cliffhangers that are especially high on drama with a "will they live?" kind of feel in a show set during a war is negated at the beginning of next season with "they lived!"

Still bugs me.

Bad excuse.... Others not only me are flipping out about it. I would have watch the 2nd one if it's focused on new/other characters.
JafriZinMar 11, 2015 9:23 AM
Mar 11, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
ANGRY2011 said:

Still bugs me.

Asseylum: Shot once in the chest, second shot not confirmed to have hit, third shot implied to the head as she whipped it back upon impact. Stays entirely motionless from that point onwards. Scene ends with Slaine walking away from her/Inaho's bodies.

Inaho: Badly wounded from previous fight, lost lots of blood and could only crawl. Shot point black in the head.

Sazz: Slaine shoots the entire clip, but only hits once, maybe twice? Shown to be alive, but bleeding out. Nothing further.

Sazz's I can live with, as his injuries were by far the least significant. But Inaho and Asseylum were both dead for all money. As viewers we are conditioned to use certain standards when it comes to plot developments in order to correctly interpret what we see. When events play out exactly as we saw in that finale, that means the characters are dead. The writers chose to shit on these standards with the plot of Season 2 so they could have the best of both. Death is a very important plot device, and if you're playing with it so flippantly then you're only significantly weakening your story

As viewers, what are we left with after this? When the next climax comes, how do we know something who's been fatally wounded is actually dead? They've already shown that a gun shot to the head isn't fatal if you're important enough. They've put themselves in a position where any fate short of sending a main character through a meat grinder can be met with doubt (an exaggeration of course, but you see my point).

Edit: Correction
Shadzy_Mar 11, 2015 4:47 PM
Mar 11, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2008
Shadzy_ said:
Darklight0303 said:

Asseylum: Shot once in the chest, second shot not confirmed to have hit, third shot implied to the head as she whipped it back upon impact. Stays entirely motionless from that point onwards. Scene ends with Slaine walking away from her/Inaho's bodies.

Inaho: Badly wounded from previous fight, lost lots of blood and could only crawl. Shot point black in the head.

Sazz: Slaine shoots the entire clip, but only hits once, maybe twice? Shown to be alive, but bleeding out. Nothing further.

Sazz's I can live with, as his injuries were by far the least significant. But Inaho and Asseylum were both dead for all money. As viewers we are conditioned to use certain standards when it comes to plot developments in order to correctly interpret what we see. When events play out exactly as we saw in that finale, that means the characters are dead. The writers chose to shit on these standards with the plot of Season 2 so they could have the best of both. Death is a very important plot device, and if you're playing with it so flippantly then you're only significantly weakening your story

As viewers, what are we left with after this? When the next climax comes, how do we know something who's been fatally wounded is actually dead? They've already shown that a gun shot to the head isn't fatal if you're important enough. They've put themselves in a position where any fate short of sending a main character through a meat grinder can be met with doubt (an exaggeration of course, but you see my point).

Yuki's narration after the credits said they never found the princess' body. You didn't see that did you? ALso she didn't say anything about Inaho dead either and you'd think she would given he's her precious little brother.

You are one of the few who took things for granted whereas others were already thinking of ways they could survive and those ways turned out to be true.

There were ZERO confirmed deaths in the post credits report. This is the fact that a lot of people ignored
Darklight0303Mar 11, 2015 7:21 PM
Mar 11, 2015 7:53 PM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Yuki's narration after the credits said they never found the princess' body. You didn't see that did you? ALso she didn't say anything about Inaho dead either and you'd think she would given he's her precious little brother.

You are one of the few who took things for granted whereas others were already thinking of ways they could survive and those ways turned out to be true.

There were ZERO confirmed deaths in the post credits report. This is the fact that a lot of people ignored

Ah, no I did not see that. That's interesting, and I'll be sure to go back and check that out, but it doesn't really change anything in relation to my point.

Whether they were confirmed dead or not, these characters still suffered fatal injuries and lived. As a result, any emotional impact and significance of being shot from this point on is lessened because so far we're 3 from 3 on major characters surviving gun shot wounds.
Mar 11, 2015 8:30 PM

Apr 2008
Shadzy_ said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ah, no I did not see that. That's interesting, and I'll be sure to go back and check that out, but it doesn't really change anything in relation to my point.

Whether they were confirmed dead or not, these characters still suffered fatal injuries and lived. As a result, any emotional impact and significance of being shot from this point on is lessened because so far we're 3 from 3 on major characters surviving gun shot wounds.

Potentially fatal. Again we only saw the injuries on Sazbaum's body and just like the victim himself pointed out mockingly, Slaine hit anything but the vitals. The other two had their wounds EXPLICITLY hidden.
Mar 11, 2015 8:45 PM
Feb 2015
Shadzy_ said:
Darklight0303 said:

Such ambiguity are potentially ruining, it gives the opportunity for writers to reintroduce previously dead character. While it does not seem like such a bad thing, but combine it with newly introduced character we can see a potential jocking for screen time and character development, and it the end all characters end up half-baked. A perfect example would be Fairy Tale where we have now over 40 main cast members who all demand their place in the spotlight and how little they actually receive.
Mar 12, 2015 1:49 AM

Apr 2010
Posts like these make me disappointed because fangirls actually believe that Slaine is a good character by seemingly outsmarting the empire and going against Asseylum's wishes.

http://aboynameddeath.tumblr.com/post/109084013361/where-the-fuck-are-all-you-slaine-haters-hiding-at

Which totally makes sense because some of them are also yaoi fans:
http://ther0xypanda.tumblr.com/post/108689868048/3-well-if-u-are-a-fangirl-u-can-understand

My gosh, I like yaoi too, but are you serious??? You have to draw the line somewhere and they've gone way past it.
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Mar 12, 2015 2:03 AM

Oct 2008
Sapphirebreeze said:
Posts like these make me disappointed because fangirls actually believe that Slaine is a good character by seemingly outsmarting the empire and going against Asseylum's wishes.

http://aboynameddeath.tumblr.com/post/109084013361/where-the-fuck-are-all-you-slaine-haters-hiding-at

http://ther0xypanda.tumblr.com/post/108689868048/3-well-if-u-are-a-fangirl-u-can-understand

My gosh, I like yaoi too, but are you serious??? You have to draw the line somewhere and they've gone way past it.

Unpopular opinion here ,but fojoshi female fans are pretty much the absolute worst anime fans out there....
The amount of cringe surrounding Free or Kuroko no Basuke communities for instance,is downright depressing.
Mar 12, 2015 2:16 AM

Apr 2010
amateur said:
Sapphirebreeze said:

Unpopular opinion here ,but fojoshi female fans are pretty much the absolute worst anime fans out there....
The amount of cringe surrounding Free or Kuroko no Basuke communities for instance,is downright depressing.

I agree, some of us are quite delusional as we've fallen far too deep for salvation to come and save us. As much as I like yaoi, I love to keep it separate from other fandoms and be logical and reasonable about it as possible. Like the Slaine/Inaho pairing, yeah not gonna happen. Don't even mention it, don't even look at it, just no. It's not going to happen.
Bashing on female characters because they ruin your otp doesn't help either.
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Mar 12, 2015 2:38 AM

Apr 2008
Sapphirebreeze said:
amateur said:

I agree, some of us are quite delusional as we've fallen far too deep for salvation to come and save us. As much as I like yaoi, I love to keep it separate from other fandoms and be logical and reasonable about it as possible. Like the Slaine/Inaho pairing, yeah not gonna happen. Don't even mention it, don't even look at it, just no. It's not going to happen.
Sapphirebreeze said:
amateur said:

....Can I....Can I shake your hand? First time meeting a sane Yaoi fan.
Mar 12, 2015 3:25 AM

Apr 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Sapphirebreeze said:

Sapphirebreeze said:

....Can I....Can I shake your hand? First time meeting a sane Yaoi fan.

-shakes your hand- It's a pleasure to meet you too ^_^
Mar 12, 2015 5:10 AM

Sep 2014
Sapphirebreeze said:

The first post gets part of it right, more of it wrong, and is so heinously annoying in tone. Ugh.

On the other hand, the comic in the second post was pretty funny.
Mar 12, 2015 5:13 PM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Shadzy_ said:

Potentially fatal. Again we only saw the injuries on Sazbaum's body and just like the victim himself pointed out mockingly, Slaine hit anything but the vitals. The other two had their wounds EXPLICITLY hidden.

Yes, potentially fatal.

But you're still missing my point. The implication of death was there, and it wasn't at all subtle. What's relevant here is how it was interpreted, and I can tell you most people interpreted that scene as leading to at least one death, if not several (just check the S1E12 / S2E1 discussion threads if you need convincing).

The events taking place as they did leave the viewers in an awkward position where the significance of a character being held at gunpoint, being shot, or being put in any situation that could lead to death are now muddied because we know that, unless the death is shown so explicitly that there can be absolutely no doubt whatsoever, then the character may not even have suffered the fate that was implied.

Like I said, the importance of Death as a plot device cannot be understated. If the writers are playing with us in this regard, then they'd better be ready for the reaction follow a characters 'death' to be people not giving a shit on the count of the writers having cried wolf once too many times.

Edit: Was going through the S1E12 discussion thread out of curiosity, as I wasn't posting here on MAL at that time, and I happened to notice this quote, which seems humorously appropriate given the current discussion.

Darklight0303 said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Same don't think they died just cause.

Headshots are lethal
Shadzy_Mar 12, 2015 5:28 PM
Mar 12, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2009
Sapphirebreeze said:

Slaine is a good character in a way, just not as a likable one, i look at slaine as being the sephiroth(sorry, can't think of an anime equivalent) of aldnoah zero, irredeemably evil, selfish with arguably a hero/god complex depending on your interpretation of his actions and goals, he could kill both lemuria and asseylum and slaine fans would still love him for the same reason some still look at characters like souther from hokuto no ken as likable, they either find him cute, the "bad boys are hot" trait, or empathize with them for whatever reason, this is something i cannot understand people having, but they do have it.

I find slaine the most fleshed out character in the series, that doesn't make me like him, far from it in fact, heck i outright despise slaine especially after the last episode, that however does not mean he is not the character that has the most character development as well as the most obvious goals.

I doubt inaho will die, though i expect him to possibly end up like lemuria before the end of the series, i hope slaine get's a pine box.
Mar 12, 2015 6:50 PM

Jan 2015
Slain reminds me of Suzaku from Code Geass, honestly fuck those two kids.
Mar 12, 2015 7:19 PM

Apr 2008
Shadzy_ said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yes, potentially fatal.

But you're still missing my point. The implication of death was there, and it wasn't at all subtle. What's relevant here is how it was interpreted, and I can tell you most people interpreted that scene as leading to at least one death, if not several (just check the S1E12 / S2E1 discussion threads if you need convincing).

The events taking place as they did leave the viewers in an awkward position where the significance of a character being held at gunpoint, being shot, or being put in any situation that could lead to death are now muddied because we know that, unless the death is shown so explicitly that there can be absolutely no doubt whatsoever, then the character may not even have suffered the fate that was implied.

Like I said, the importance of Death as a plot device cannot be understated. If the writers are playing with us in this regard, then they'd better be ready for the reaction follow a characters 'death' to be people not giving a shit on the count of the writers having cried wolf once too many times.

Edit: Was going through the S1E12 discussion thread out of curiosity, as I wasn't posting here on MAL at that time, and I happened to notice this quote, which seems humorously appropriate given the current discussion.

Darklight0303 said:

Headshots are lethal

That poast was made before I had time to really sit down and process the scenes after the initial shock :P
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.