Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 21, 2009 1:27 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well i'm satisfied with it!! the graphics were really great and it was animated quite well. Now to wait for subs *sigh*

edit: finally watched this with subs :) it was an okay movie in the end. watching it with subs didn't make me like it any more or any less...
NaruleachJul 29, 2009 11:56 PM
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 21, 2009 5:44 PM

Mar 2009
Luv it!!! Luv it!!! Naruto was sooooo cute and Sasuke too (in his own way xDDD). There was Orochimaru with his cool voice mrr..:3 and the fighting scenes were awesome! Just luv it! ;3
常に信仰を守る!☆★☆★☆ 私はユンジェだいすきだよ. ( ˘ з•˘)♥(˘ε ˘• )
Apr 24, 2009 11:21 AM

May 2008
It's So Awsome, I Love It. Sasuke ruled in that. Best Naruto Movie :) I Love It So Much
Apr 25, 2009 7:46 AM

Oct 2007
I enjoyed it though i did presume that Sasuke would have featured more given the trailers that were out but good storyline & action. Nice animation aswell and had its comedy moments.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2009 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
Pretty good movie. Loved action in this movie. But plot kinda dull.

I'd give about 7-8/10

So far Shippuuden movie> Naruto movie 1> Shippuuden movie 2> Naruto movie 2> Naruto movie 3
Apr 25, 2009 6:01 PM

Apr 2009
what's with the reibi?
reibi dont have tails so reibi must not exist to be a tailed beast!
what a confusing plot! but all in all 10/10 for effort! and bonds!
friendship between them really rocks!
PM me and let's be friends.
Apr 25, 2009 7:43 PM
Nov 2007
Sasuke being in it, it is my favorite movie, I don't understand the reibi thing as well but it was a good movie, but I would have hoped there were more Sakura scenes as well... It was great to see Naruto and Sasuke fight side by side again, how they understand eachother in a fight and be compatible... when I finally thought that Sasuke get away after the fight he appeared again and pull Amaru... it was really great, Naruto seemed satisfied seeing his friend and feeling him as being old Sasuke still, I am satisfied as well...
TomoeApr 26, 2009 5:35 AM
Apr 25, 2009 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
2nd worst naruto movie to date... (IMO worst is #2). Best part of the movie was the ending song.
Apr 25, 2009 7:47 PM

Jul 2008
this reminds me of both the 2nd and 4th movie: the 2nd b/c some crazy guy takes over a fortress and uses a weird energy source to turn himself into a monster, and the 4th b/c it involves demons, this time a 0tail (who knew?), and also b/c naruto pretty much ends up with another girl liking him at the end there (though not as funny as the 4th).
and does anyone else think sasuke needs more clothes?
anyways, all in all it was excellent ^_^
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 25, 2009 10:09 PM

Mar 2008
the movie was alright. the action and overall animation was excellent but the plot seemed a little 'flimsy' in that there was so much going on at the same time. it made the dramatic climax seem less than it was and the some of the sentimental scenes during the course of the movie seem overly emotional for their spots of they were in...
this really doesn't make sense anymore.... i quit *-*

i like the action scenes... best so far (in the movies that is)

" Only God can judge me" - Tupac
Apr 25, 2009 10:12 PM

Jan 2008
heres a copy and paste of what i said on another forum.

from watching it, this is what i see....

Sai - Secret Agent Man 1.
Kakashi - Completely useless
Tsunade - Chill pill pl0x.
Neiji/Hinata - Be our eyes, we could care less what happens to you afterwards
Sakura - Tries so hard to be trsundere+moe /fail.
Bug Boy - Secret Agent Man 2
Amaru - WTH TARP??
Doctor Sensei Guy - i r street fighter, feer my over 9000 power lvl.
Naruto - Punch me cause i like it.
Sasuke - I'm so sexy i don't need to show up til the end of the episode and barely do anything.

That pretty much sums up the character roles.

now for some epic pics.

Overall, the movie did entertain me for a while. still say circus movie was bettur
Apr 25, 2009 11:04 PM

Jan 2009
Man I saw so many comments saying how this movie was good, but i think it plain sucked. The entire movie had so many flaws and loopholes its not even funny. The characters were bland and uninteresting, bad plot and bad movie overall. They did not even adhere to the "rules" of the Naruto universe and just created something on their own. The only thing similar to Naruto is the fact that the characters and moves are the same.

This movie just seemed like a sorry excuse for putting some action sequences in. I'll say some of the action sequences are nice, like the one with Sai thrashing those retards, but other than that nothing made an impact of me. This is probably one of the worse waste of my time ever and I totally regretted watching.
Apr 25, 2009 11:15 PM

Feb 2009
I really felt like this wasn't an actual movie, but more at the time of when this was being sent out as a teaser and trailer, just a show of Sasuke.

I have to admit that the animation is alright and the fighting sequences were actually pretty decent. Overall, it was the best Naruto Movie of all Naruto movies, although that really isn't saying much, since I base this on content rather than the actual plot. Then again, when do Naruto Movies have good plots?

If I really had to say something, there was not much character involvement. Again, it felt more of a promotion than anything. All the characters were there, though most had singl-sentenced lines, and minors like Kakashi and Shikamaru in this film weren't really given any action. Even Sakura and Hinata, who were in the team of the day didn't get in on much!

The only fights really were the mini Sai vs. Sky Combat Peoplez... And Naruto - Sasuke vs. Reibi. The fights weren't even that great, no offense. And what the hell is the Reibi anyway?! I don't read manga, so I wouldn't know if this was some filler character, but it seems kind of absurd for a Zero-Tail, and on top of that, way bad designing.

If you're a Naruto Fan, you'd watch it, just for kick I guess. If you're not, I think you'd be dissapointed.

~ Maybe This Should've Been A Review So That I Could Rant More =P After All, Naruto Movies Have Plenty Of Subjects In That Area! ~
Apr 25, 2009 11:44 PM

Apr 2009
I watched it for Sasuke. But i loved it. I was sitting there smiling and crying (at the mostly, "I'll bring you back to Konaha" Naruto says.) and holding onto my Sasuke plushie. Amazing, it was worth the wait for the sub. yes, i watched it subbed. :D
Apr 26, 2009 12:17 AM

Dec 2007
The best Naruto movie to date!
Apr 26, 2009 2:12 AM

Jan 2009
I...

I...

I...

I can't describe this... So many feelings flowing through me, It was just....

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 26, 2009 2:23 AM

Aug 2008
It got annoying, Bleach movies still pwn it.
Apr 26, 2009 3:02 AM

Dec 2008
I found some parts pretty hilarious when it wasn't supposed to be. Best parts were when Naruto & Sasuke were together. It's nice to see that again, haven't seen it in a while =(

And, like, Yaoi :3
A few pictures:

And Yes, I lol'd when they had the longshot of Amaru sucking Naruto's leg. It definitely looked wrong xD
Apr 26, 2009 3:08 AM

Mar 2009
Paul said:

Amaru - WTH TARP??
Sasuke - I'm so sexy i don't need to show up til the end of the episode and barely do anything.

now for some epic pics.

Overall, the movie did entertain me for a while. still say circus movie was bettur

oh my god thats so true
who didnt thought about son goku ss lvl 3 when he saw the weird doc evolving to his "ultimate body"
*omg im so hawt with ma ultimat body im gonna pwn evryone*
*omg im so hawt takin ma tshirt of ta show evry1 ma muscls*

guess who they are....

i also think its the 2nd worst movie after #2
Apr 26, 2009 5:46 AM
Sep 2008
Paul said:

Amaru - WTH TARP??

now for some epic pics.

Well i think reading that made watching it worth the time spent..
was ok IMO but wasnt wat i was hoping for...

Also since when can naruto make rasengun with out a clone?
shade0oApr 26, 2009 5:51 AM
Apr 26, 2009 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
And so Naruto's got another woman. the movie was meh. the animation was pretty good but the story's just bad. good to see sai and shino in badass action. sakura and hinata once again deemed useless. the trailer was misleading.. i would've preferred more sasuke. loved the ending song.
Paul said:
3 hands is better than 1... if that is a hand.
i lol'd
Apr 26, 2009 7:18 AM

May 2008
this movie sucked like the other Naruto movies...the story was lame (flying ninjas wtf?!), that girl was really ugly, most of the characters were just slacking off...
i only gave the movie a 7/10 because Sasuke was in it
Apr 26, 2009 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
Defitely people who love Naruto will hate me after I say my opinion about this movie.
First I will say that this has any originality in it.
Naruto was never original and my opinion, or at least the anime is not original at all:

I always thought that Naruto was Dragon Ball with ninjas instead of space warriors (sayan) but this is the extreme. And not only because dragon ball....there are many things I think that have not any originality.
That Castle in the saky that is a mass destruction weapon? Wow...where have I seen that before? wait...no... OH WAIT: Laputa the Castle in the sky. even the interior has some things in common.
And that Shinou guy.... when I saw him transforming I though "Oh gosh, he is a sayan?" yeah...not original at all.
After that my sister said that scene he fuses with that beast Reibi remembers her a lot of Naraku from Inuyasha.
Really >_> I don't criticize guys who like Naruto and I am not teying to say it is junk. It is fine for who loves it but I think it has no originality at all. specially in this movie.

Ah...I liked the movie a bit so that's way I scored it 7/10

sorry for my bad english
LainApr 26, 2009 12:04 PM
絶対大丈夫だよ

Apr 26, 2009 10:34 AM

May 2008
It was a good movie and for a change I didnt hate sasuke that much in it. At least he helped a little and sometimes made me laugh

over all it was a good watch despite me thinking every now and then "doesnt the sensei remind anyone of dragon ball?" meh

just one thing confuses me. The Movie synopsis here on MAL mentions Itachi appearing before naruto... did I miss that bit? I never saw Itachi in there anywhere
Apr 26, 2009 10:55 AM
May 2008
It was well made, nothing to moan about honestly. Although i have one question, as i didn't watch "Naruto" movies, just the latest Shippuuden. Did all of the previous movies also end up with Naruto having one more girlfriend?
Apr 26, 2009 1:15 PM

Nov 2007
Movie was alright. The ED song is great.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 26, 2009 3:29 PM

Sep 2008
it was worthwhile to have been wauting for this thig fo like a year? i dont even remember now
naruto and sasuke figting was awsome hehe
huracain rasengan + guts rasengan are the ew rasegan movie version he?
any way i love it
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 26, 2009 4:16 PM

Dec 2007
Vudis said:

oh my god thats so true
who didnt thought about son goku ss lvl 3 when he saw the weird doc evolving to his "ultimate body"
*omg im so hawt with ma ultimat body im gonna pwn evryone*
*omg im so hawt takin ma tshirt of ta show evry1 ma muscls*

guess who they are....

i also think its the 2nd worst movie after #2

I thought it was SSJ level 4? He just missed some minor details. Level 3 still had Golden hair and now eye brows and his hair wasn't that long. He also made me think a bit of Raditz too.

According to the trailers I expeced more Sasuke & Naruto instead of only a small part of the movie and what the fuck happened with Hinata being trapped in that flying thing all of a sudden while Sakura was with her before Sakura went to Naruto. One of th ebiggest flaws in it.

Overall, it was pretty good. Something different then "Mission assigned, approved, complete it" where some movies eventually got made from. The story sucked. It was quite funny at the Battle Ships with Shino's bugs. that they used a classic tune in the background music.

Since I am not making a review. I am going for my enjoyment that is 8/10. Good to see some good ol' Sasuke.

Did I forgot that my sis actually made fun of Orochimaru being MJ lying down in his bed? It actually made me laugh.
Apr 26, 2009 5:27 PM

Feb 2008
Worst Naruto film out of the five:

-The story was horrible. It felt like they were making it up as it went along.
-Too many inconsistencies within the plotline.
-They didn't keep the characters as they are in the main show.
-Sakura and Hinata became beyond useless again.

The only thing that prevented a 5 was the fight scenes which were decent, so it gets a 6 overall from me.
Apr 26, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
hinata was hot thats all thats matter
Apr 26, 2009 6:07 PM

Sep 2007
Best movie; proves Naruto is Ninja DBZ. Sasuke being less emo made everything A-OK!

Also, Naruto should hook up with more women in general. Dump that ho Sakura and have Amuru be his off-screen love interest for the rest of the series.

Side characters did nothing (again); Shikamaru's brilliant plan was to stand on the beach. Still, finally gave Sai and Shino a chance to look productive. Also, WTF Konoha getting obliterated every six months. I'm surprised anyone even bothers living there anymore, not to mention that most of their ninja should probably be dead.

All in all, best Naruto movie. Plot has never been big in these, but at least this time it had a little more feeling.
Apr 26, 2009 9:22 PM

Apr 2008
I watched it for Sasuke. He made the movie good. All the parts without him were pretty dull but the Sasuke moments were awesome for me. ^_^

<--needs more Sasuke-ness ^.^
Apr 26, 2009 10:52 PM

Jan 2009
Not bad but not too great too IMO.

1. The plot is kind of dull as mentioned. I think it's kind like taking of plots and scenes from other series. Also, not really like the sky ninja concept, it only too strange IMO.
2. the action is quite good, at least I enjoy it.
3. the quality is quite good as well.
4. soundtrack had no comment. Because I already forgot.
5. As mentioned, only some characters got some screentime while all the others just useless or had a few sentence of words only.

That's all.
Apr 27, 2009 1:47 AM

Sep 2007
I don't want to call it the best, but it was the movie that sucked the least.

I'm just happy there was no random-bad-childhood-side-character Naruto had to beat some sense into by going into flashback-mode like it happens every time... That and Shino sinking an entire fleet of battleships.
Apr 27, 2009 3:13 AM

Apr 2008
Spade said:
I don't want to call it the best, but it was the movie that sucked the least.

TRUE... DAT.
Apr 27, 2009 10:26 AM

Feb 2008
Best Naruto to date.

Loved the Sky Ninja concept, reminds me a little of the mecha genre which I love.

and LOL @ Super Saiyan.

Apr 27, 2009 10:55 AM

Apr 2008
What the hell..... I don't get it, so many people finding THIS the BEST NARUTO MOVIE !!?? I thought it was pretty lame, just supernatural energy beams shooting, an old man going SSJ 3 and like... how many REAL NINJA FIGHTS were in this movie ?? They hardly used any jutsu's and sasuke was gone as fast as he came ....

dunno why everybody who disliked this movie thought 2nd naruto movie was crap too though, sure the supernatural not ninja-ish stuff was also there, but ninjas from the sand using mucho jutsu's is cool, CMON , GAARA OF THE FUNK ! xD
Apr 27, 2009 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
llamaben said:
2nd worst naruto movie to date... (IMO worst is #2). Best part of the movie was the ending song.

definitely... XD

i love the 1st movie best.. XD followed by the 4th and the 3rd..

@paul..
LOL!!! a nice review.. XD if that is even a review.. XD
... =_=

Apr 27, 2009 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
Amuru is only good point in this movie

Overall technique aspect:

2,5 / 10

Beauty of Amuru :

15/10

so my score is :
7,5/10

nuff said
Apr 27, 2009 12:39 PM

May 2008
Best part was how Sakura got owned, i was so happy
Apr 27, 2009 4:21 PM

Apr 2007
Story sucked, DBZ rip off is happening and a lot of fanservice. And if you're a manga reader....

7/10

It was kinda better than all the other movies.

Apr 27, 2009 7:33 PM

Jun 2008
A ha hi hi a ha ho hu a huu a huu... And I thought the other Naruto movies were bad.

Half of the movie I was just staring at the screen dumbfounded. I'm glad at least the art was ok and there were one or two scenes that I somewhat liked. Otherwise... buh.

I can imagine how the story was put together:

a: Ok guys after a lot of hard planning I came up with the elements we're going to build this movie around
b: Man I can't wait, spill it!
a: Ok so the main points are
- A girl as a main side character Naruto has to protect
- The girl Naruto has to protect falling for Naruto
- a plan to take over and/or destroy the world
- a long lost civilization and/or an ancient beast that rises from the ashes
- movie ending with the awesomely awesome RASENGAN
and what else what else, oh right
- SASUKE... and the usual sexual-non-sexual tension between him and Naruto
- KYUUBI FORM!
b: MAN that sounds awesome!!
c: Hold on hold on hold on... that sounds way too familiar.
b: Pfft what do you mean?
a: Hm... you may be right. OK let's add something FRESH!
b: Dude I'm shaking with excitement already!
a: OK SO... Let's first make it seem like Naruto's finishing the work with RASENGAN, BUT! WITH A TWIST.... It fails at the last moment. AND the movie still ends with Rasengan, BUT LET'S MULTIPLY IT BY A HUNDRED. Man I'm on fire! But wait there's more, let's FRESHEN' up the signature move a bit and call it DETERMINATION RASENGAN! That's so Naruto-like and all, quick figure out how he makes the name up.
a: And that's not all! Since Naruto is growing up at a fast rate, let's make him actually notice the going-to-be-seen-only-in-this-movie-chick and make him blush or something while glancing at her feminine forms. Oh and at some point he should probably be very very close to her, preferably with his head between her breasts or something. I bet the audience will blush and giggle! Oh and let's put the two recurring female characters that have a thing going on for Naruto hanging around in the background as well.
b: OH MY GOODNESS YOU'RE THE MAN
c: That sure sounds fresh, I'm sold as well. Hurry up and get your ideas to Bubbles so he can start working on it right away

Ah well... maybe it was meant to be like that? I don't know, I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

---
There were so many things I disliked about this that I forgot about a lot of them while writing that wannabe-funny dialog. A few hours later and reading the other comments I got my blood boiling again.

Dark chakra? Ryuubi?! Holy crap how stupid to add something like this for a movie, and the way it was implemented... yippee. Unless this is something Kishimoto made up and just gave it for the writer to use, but that's unlikely considering how ridiculous the whole concept is, even in terms of... well...

And the things mentioned a lot of times.
When that old guy whose name I can't remember anymore SUPAHCHARGED I literally facepalmed.
The story really did feel made up as they went and most of the characters were discardable and there just for show.
A lot of el stupido moments here and there like how they left the girl whose name I can't remember anymore alone in the middle of nowhere when she was just moments earlier nearly killed by a trap. Or well why not, it might be a good idea the one with least combat experience to fend for herself while there might be who knows how many enemies lingering around.
Oh and when that old super sayan or whatever used the SUPARWEAPON to destroy the mountain... why did he do that? To destroy his own fleet? Or did he destroy more of Konoha along the way?
And that of course leads to the whole Konoha being nearly reduced to rubble yet again. Hooray. Somebody should tip them off not to rebuild it any time soon.

Buuut since none of what happened in the movie is going to have any effect whatsoever in the series I suppose it doesn't matter. Maybe it is just a joke not even meant to be taken seriously. Somehow the beginning of it with Sasuke and the background music that felt a bit off made me double-check it's not another one of Dattebayo's troll releases. Well I suppose if you think of it as a non-canon nonsense movie and forget everything you know about the world of Naruto ,it does it's job as a time waster moderately. As mentioned, at least the art and action's ok... somewhat.

My head hurts.
---
EDIT2:
YankowichDec 9, 2010 6:15 PM
- TAH

"Even those with fortitude have joints."
Apr 27, 2009 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
Yankowich said:

- SASUKE... and the usual sexual-non-sexual tension between him and Naruto

I Lol'd.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 28, 2009 2:42 AM

Oct 2008
@Paul #12

awesum post :D and totally true

Chill pill pl0x :ASD:+:ADS:"+
Apr 28, 2009 7:20 AM
Sep 2008
Seriously....what....STANDARD FARE this movie was. How disappointing...

1) Trailer looked to promise to stray from standard cliches
2) Movie actually went BACKWARDS with progressive-ness. Instead, the MORE cliches they could add, they better off they were apparently. I think the director had a quota of cliches that had to filled for the movie to start production.
3) Everyone gets knocked out with 1 punch, except for Naruto who still stands after being hit with the SUPER-MEGA-ANDRIOD 13-AWESOME-MEGA-MEGA DARK (DID I MENTION MEGA?) ENERGY BLAST!
4) Let's introduce the bad guys who do absolutely nothing and rape "story structure" in the ass for the sole purpose ofgiving as much screentime to Naruto as possible!
(Ya know, cuz its not like the show is about him enough to warrant giving ANY screentime to anybody else in the movies)

And this isn't even mentioning how much of a DIRECT COPY this movie is of DBZ : Return of Cooler (Meta-Cooler).
Apr 29, 2009 5:10 AM
Feb 2009
Seriously, will I ever watch Naruto movie that doesn't suck?

The only interesting thing in this movie was Sai vs Sky ninjas. Nice animation and music during that battle. However, that's only 90 seconds of the movie. The rest was just bad.

For a moment I was sure that old man's hair will turn yellow.
Apr 29, 2009 5:14 AM

May 2007
So.... I watched it. it was interesting. my main question: IS there anything going on between amaru and naruto.... ending sequence VERY suspicious... lol and ... movie wasnt complete failure I liked it. at least.
Apr 29, 2009 9:13 PM

Oct 2007
anyone notice the flight of the bumblebee remix when shino's bugs were owning the battleships? totally made the movie fucking worth it.
Apr 30, 2009 10:07 AM

Mar 2007
When the movie first started (Sasuke behind the waterfall), the music that was playing reminded me of trigun... +1 for awesome intro music

Then, the movie just went straight downhill from there
First off, the girl. She seems masculine at first, even facial features that look guy-ish. Then, by the end of the movie when she loses her bandana, she magically gains thicker eyelashes, pinker lips and a higher pitched voice... wtf? The fact that her long hair was hidden is not a problem. The fact that her eyes/lips/voice changed is what is messed up.

Naruto destroying the structure in order to get Sasuke to leave? Okay, after all this time of looking for and trying to get sasuke to come back to Konoha, he pushes him away, only to say "I am going to bring you back"? Not very characteristic of Naruto.

-Now, for quick annoyances-
-Flying ninjas?... *facepalm*

-Shino's bugs... Too overpowered. Within such a short time, he is able to create metal-eating bugs? Sorry, bad writing

-Naruto's one-handed rasengan... He did that multiple times during the movie, and yet I dont ever recall him being able to do it during the series.
-Naruto's "guts Rasengan"... Do I even have to explain how corny this was?

-Naruto's 4th-tail transformation... 1) Just by seeing the word "seal", he turns back to normal? That doesn't seem right. 2) After going back to normal, his skin is perfectly fine... Again, that doesn't seem right

Seriously, Im not the type to complain this much about a movie, but I was extremely dissapointed by this one. Way too many problems with it.
Apr 30, 2009 11:03 AM
Sep 2008
Naruto movies would be so much better without Naruto.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» when in the series should this be watched?

HimeCrycho - Dec 11, 2010

1 by 11AM »»
May 13, 2011 5:40 PM

» Naruto Shippuuden movie 2 is OUT!!!!

DankEvergreen - Apr 25, 2009

10 by Shancakeschan »»
May 4, 2009 7:37 PM

» Subbed Version ( 1 2 )

Mayumu - Aug 4, 2008

60 by Gote-nks »»
Apr 28, 2009 7:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.