Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Approve?
Sep 29, 2012 5:29 PM

Oct 2010
According to my work (NSFW):
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=498171
I witnessed to what may be the sickest shit. I though Blood-C was bad....AHAHAHAAA! THIS WORST! Sicker, more suggestive around and well enough to make you lose appetite to say the least.

What I want is what you think?

Certainly the money is worth to put if you love gore and this stuff. Not for the faint of heart and BTW no nipples on undressing scene, maybe Vol 2 might have them.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2012 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
Jesus that's nasty LOL.
Sep 29, 2012 8:25 PM

Oct 2010
Tyrel said:
Jesus that's nasty LOL.
Oh dear my reaction is right now, how are you feeling?

I passed my session with this. Yep I am pretty much mentally immune to this and hence safely can far less get hyper in the series for it. That's good, less freaking out when they eat the humans.

Imagine the Yamamoto part done. Oh dear intestines galore.

That being said, I totally am YEAH each time a BETA is shot and SPLAT!

Sep 29, 2012 8:28 PM

Jan 2008
Well that's one more reason why not to watch it. Lol.
Sep 29, 2012 8:30 PM

Jul 2011
Holy.......

Sep 29, 2012 8:37 PM

Oct 2010
Paul said:
You mean it's reason to thank God for censors. Right?
Obstinate said:
Holy.......
And thank you God for TV version with censors this time around.

Sep 30, 2012 9:07 AM
Jul 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
You mean it's reason to thank God for censors. Right?
Obstinate said:
Holy.......
And thank you God for TV version with censors this time around.
It wasn't even that much gore.
Sep 30, 2012 10:03 AM

Jul 2012
im gonna cry
Sep 30, 2012 10:07 AM
Jul 2012
why
Sep 30, 2012 10:22 AM

Mar 2011
Meh, after all the videogames I have played this sort of stuff does not affect me at all anymore, in fact I think its nice to see some gore from time to time in anime. I have seen a lot worse by the way
Sep 30, 2012 10:26 AM

Oct 2011
Okay then.........but,I played God of War,so I'm use to this.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 30, 2012 10:46 AM

Apr 2011
Thank goodness for censors.

Well, after watching episode 2, those scenes pretty much etch on my mind for long time until I got used to it, so seeing it uncensored doesn't made me sick than before.
Still, seeing those poor girls left to their cruel fate is darn sad and depressing.

I will never watch episode 2 ever again.
MagitoSep 30, 2012 11:07 AM
Sep 30, 2012 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
Oddly enough, that one with shadows where she gets pulled apart is the worst for me o_o, that was brutal.
Sep 30, 2012 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
rific said:
Oddly enough, that one with shadows where she gets pulled apart is the worst for me o_o, that was brutal.
The shadow effect makes it so but it would mind shock more if they did what they did to a twin in Blood-C last episode.

That's what it's made to be except the shadow effect was implemented. That being said people will get loads for their money on this one.

Sep 30, 2012 11:36 AM
Jul 2012
Disgusting but still not as disturbing as "that" scene of Muv Luv Alternative.
Sep 30, 2012 11:44 AM

Jul 2011
Yeah love it!

just like Blood-C
Sep 30, 2012 3:37 PM

Jan 2011
Fuck that shit...I'm definitely DL'ing the TV version...too much of a pussy for that shit.
Sep 30, 2012 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
yah once you sit though genocyber, play all 5 god of war games, all fallouts, and saw a real life heart surgery, this kind of thing doesnt even come close to phasing me

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 30, 2012 4:16 PM

Oct 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
yah once you sit though genocyber, play all 5 god of war games, all fallouts, and saw a real life heart surgery, this kind of thing doesnt even come close to phasing me
Indeed but it still surprises even some hardcore friends of mines.

Sep 30, 2012 8:02 PM

Aug 2011
Holy f***
Sep 30, 2012 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Fuck that shit...I'm definitely DL'ing the TV version...too much of a pussy for that shit.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. Even watching this new anime Shinsekai Yori, it scared the fuck out of me just from the sound effects. I'll stick to the TV version. ._____.
Sep 30, 2012 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
You all are lame, this is just another reason why I cant wait to see this series on BD.
Sep 30, 2012 9:23 PM

Nov 2011
Caster is happy: COOOOL!
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 30, 2012 10:07 PM

Mar 2009
Did we really need the jumbo size? >_<

Man, that is some messed up shit.
Sep 30, 2012 11:28 PM

Oct 2010
Mormegil said:
Did we really need the jumbo size? >_<

Man, that is some messed up shit.
Not me man, it was asked externally by someone. I think the messed up part about it is how some of the parts are actually better shown than Blood-C. I though about it and it seems to be the case.

So in fact Muv-Luv might surpass Blood-C in its gore quality.

Oct 1, 2012 12:09 AM

Mar 2009
Tyrel said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. Even watching this new anime Shinsekai Yori, it scared the fuck out of me just from the sound effects. I'll stick to the TV version. ._____.

I'll stick with the TV version. I honestly saw enough with the TV version, I don't understand people who get a kick out of that graphic stuff, it's not necessary to the story.
The TV version was bad enough to almost make me drop the whole series (It caught me off guard because at the time, some idiot had put a PG-13 + rating for this anime and I was watching it with the intention of going to sleep right after, first ep was fine, so I figured the rating was correct >_> ) I was too horrified to move when it started let alone stop the episode, and afraid that if I stopped it it would stop on a scene that I didn't want to see more detail of.

The only reason I didn't drop it was because I was told by someone that the gore and graphics wasn't all there was to it, and I wanted to see how Yui fared after such an experience. Also, I really hate dropping a show after less that 3-5 episodes.
And I don't care if anyone thinks I'm lame. Now I'm at least able to guard myself against that crap, but I'd still like to know who had rated it as 13 + (Though it didn't retain that rating long of course).
No rating would have been better at the time, at least I wouldn't have had my guard down -__-;;
Oct 1, 2012 12:49 AM

Mar 2009
I should add that:
What I just said above was NOT intended to bash this anime or anyone who likes the gore in it. I happen to love the story and characters. I just also have never and probably will never understand why such gore is needed to tell a story.In my opinion it's not needed-I've seen many fantastic shows that did a wonderful job or keeping it to a minimum and still managed to tell us a great story.
We would have gotten the idea of how bad they were if they'd just said something along the lines of:

But that's just me.
Mainly I'm still annoyed that I was mislead by that rating.

I think what I saw even if it was censored left little or nothing to the imagination. And my comments by no means suggest that I'm criticizing anyone who watches Violent anime or likes them or this one. I happen to really like Total Eclipse so far (Episode 2 aside). And I've seen my share of violent animes, but When I saw them I knew for the most part what I was getting into.
That being said, I like this anime enough to overlook the gore, but only in the tv version, I just don't understand why this kind of gore is needed to tell a great story. It makes no sense to me. So I hope no one takes any offense from what I said.
Oct 1, 2012 8:39 AM

Feb 2008
@ Windeen - Well, most shows subvert their violence to suit a wider audience, and it is really refreshing to have a show that finally leaves an impact. There are so many shows out there that make light of the topics of violence and war and in turn the emotions they carry become either diluted or confused. Not only is it thrilling to watch graphic violence, but it puts the context of war into perspective. It is hard to understand the true impact of this violence when it is hidden from sight or glazed over with cliche phrasings like the one you suggested. It's rare anymore than I am shocked or moved by anime violence, and when it happens I happily welcome it. Though in some cases I will agree that it can be excessive and not needed.

As a side note, another thing that really struck me as unique with this show was how in the beginning they would give us some decent fanservice and then almost immediately good doses of graphic violence. I bet as a girl you wouldnt understand the appeal of this either :p

After watching those Beta (even in the TV version) savagely rip apart those young girls, I wanted to see the Beta completely and utterly annihilated. Regardless of their alien perspectives and motives, I have a hard time believing the Beta can justify the xenocide of mankind. Nor would any of us really care after watching such a horrible and gruesome scene. The impact this event had on us was basically the premise of the show, and imo reinforces the emotional impact of Beta infiltration.
Oct 1, 2012 10:29 AM

Mar 2009
eternalmetal said:
@ Windeen - Well, most shows subvert their violence to suit a wider audience, and it is really refreshing to have a show that finally leaves an impact. There are so many shows out there that make light of the topics of violence and war and in turn the emotions they carry become either diluted or confused. Not only is it thrilling to watch graphic violence, but it puts the context of war into perspective. It is hard to understand the true impact of this violence when it is hidden from sight or glazed over with cliche phrasings like the one you suggested. It's rare anymore than I am shocked or moved by anime violence, and when it happens I happily welcome it. Though in some cases I will agree that it can be excessive and not needed.

As a side note, another thing that really struck me as unique with this show was how in the beginning they would give us some decent fanservice and then almost immediately good doses of graphic violence. I bet as a girl you wouldnt understand the appeal of this either :p

After watching those Beta (even in the TV version) savagely rip apart those young girls, I wanted to see the Beta completely and utterly annihilated. Regardless of their alien perspectives and motives, I have a hard time believing the Beta can justify the xenocide of mankind. Nor would any of us really care after watching such a horrible and gruesome scene. The impact this event had on us was basically the premise of the show, and imo reinforces the emotional impact of Beta infiltration.

Well, if it was me, I would get the idea that they need to be annihilated. But that's just me. I still think there was a better less graphic way they could have handled it. Even seeing it played out as shadows against a wall would have worked I think.
Though I do understand where your coming from, and what you mean.
I'll also admit that I MIGHT not have been so upset by it if I hadn't seen that 13+ rating and let my guard down. Usually, I watch an anime with some caution when there's a rating of R+ or no rating at all.
And never right before bed..... that would be just stupid of me, given that I am quite prone to nightmares.

Thankfully it didn't cause any, but that was probably because I made myself stay up extra hours to watch AMVs from some G rated animes and read manga to get it out of the forefront of my head.
I honestly can't imagine what would possess someone to rate this 13 +
And it wasn't just here on MAL, it had that rating on one or two other sites also..... makes me wonder if it was intentionally mis-rated. If maybe the animation studio or whoever wanted people to get a nasty shock (If that's the case my opinion of them will considerably drop- though I doubt that they'd care what I thought).
I think something like that was done with Madoka Magika, it was misrepresented as something else on purpose. From what I hear (I dropped that around episode 3 because I couldn't find anything to like with the characters).
Oct 1, 2012 10:51 AM

Mar 2011
Good 'ole Blood-C
Oct 2, 2012 7:16 PM

Nov 2010
Nothing really surprises me after CHOMP

Seriously, CHOMP is that good since CHOMP IS surprising as hell.
Oct 2, 2012 7:21 PM

Oct 2010
zeroyuki92 said:

It could be most likely better if it gets animated!

Oct 2, 2012 7:27 PM

Nov 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
zeroyuki92 said:

No thanks, two still images are already enough to give nightmare.

But ironically, it forges both of the main character and the viewers to walk through literally everything in the rest of the series, while in 2nd TE ep, it's just a kind of shock factor (while it isn't bad at all)
Oct 2, 2012 7:46 PM

Oct 2010
zeroyuki92 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
zeroyuki92 said:

No thanks, two still images are already enough to give nightmare.

But ironically, it forges both of the main character and the viewers to walk through literally everything in the rest of the series, while in 2nd TE ep, it's just a kind of shock factor (while it isn't bad at all)
I guess then animated would freak out anyone for that matter.

Oct 2, 2012 11:39 PM

Jul 2012
Whoa that is wicked awesome I was expecting generic blobs of organs and buckets of blood. MLA TE totally delivered!
Oct 8, 2012 1:35 AM

Jul 2012
That's pretty cool. Certainly better than a black censor taking up 3/4 of the screen.
Oct 8, 2012 2:14 AM

Sep 2011
Is there really anyone who honestly can say "thanks god for censor" without being sarcastic?
Oct 13, 2012 8:34 AM
May 2012
That's just brutal compared to TV version of it.
Oct 13, 2012 8:38 AM

Dec 2009
Sury said:
Is there really anyone who honestly can say "thanks god for censor" without being sarcastic?

Thank God for censors.
Oct 13, 2012 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
Can't see why Blood-C is not sicker than TE in its BD form.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 14, 2012 2:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Now if they did an uncut F/Z version....

Nah. Gratuitous gore is totally uncalled for. Put gore to serve its purpose. Gore for the purpose of gore is not good. In the case of Total Eclipse, I think they did it just right. Highly conservative scenes (most of the gore are still hidden in uncensored version)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 14, 2012 3:45 PM

Oct 2010
wakka9ca said:
Now if they did an uncut F/Z version....

Nah. Gratuitous gore is totally uncalled for. Put gore to serve its purpose. Gore for the purpose of gore is not good. In the case of Total Eclipse, I think they did it just right. Highly conservative scenes (most of the gore are still hidden in uncensored version)
They did pretty good with S1 and the kids, right?
symbv said:
Can't see why Blood-C is not sicker than TE in its BD form.
Only thing is less eating so far but it might get as bad as Blood did.

Oct 15, 2012 12:53 AM

Mar 2011
I rather those scenes censored :x
Oct 15, 2012 8:18 AM

Jul 2011
Seems totally fine with me... hence why it's BD

MichaelJohnOct 15, 2012 8:40 AM
Oct 19, 2012 4:31 PM
May 2012
I think I'm gonna be sick....
Oct 29, 2012 5:58 AM

Jan 2008
rific said:

somebody else who noticed that she gets ripped apart twice? o.O In the scene where she is pulled up from her seat you can already see that she lost the lower part of her body but then comes the shadow scene where she is pulled apart again? I get the feeling that they did something wrong there :P
Oct 29, 2012 7:59 PM

Oct 2012
so when's the BD release?
Nov 16, 2012 1:50 AM

Jul 2011
Which reminds me of... since it's BD , Yume.

You don't have nipple samples of the girls wearing their tight suits? :P
Dec 6, 2012 4:15 AM
May 2012
Continued, I mean so much insanity than the TV version one...
Dec 9, 2012 8:02 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, that gore is pretty sick... still is tame compare to
in Alternative. That scene made me unable to continue for 3 days. Had to spend sometime to cool off from being traumatized.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.