Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2007 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Happy Takano is happy!

Everything seems to go right this arc. Rena, Keiichi and Shmion all remember their respective arcs and overcome some of their problems, Rika shows Takano and Tomitake the shed before the festival, the gang befriends Ooishi, Akasaka's wife doesn't die and even the Yamainu want nothing but the best for Rika.

It seems there's only one previous arc that hasn't been dealt with yet...
EntropyAug 16, 2007 5:05 PM
Aug 16, 2007 11:15 PM

Nov 2006
This ep made me feel good on the inside :D

Seeing Happy-Takano was creepier than anything else previously shown in this series though...God she creeps me out, haha. Her nipa~ was er...disturbing..as well.

Really really really liked this ep :)
Aug 17, 2007 4:23 PM

Mar 2007
There is an .ass file out now by anon... there were a few fake ones on Rapidshare earlier -_-

Anyway... this was a good episode... I hope Rika succeeds this time
Aug 18, 2007 9:50 AM

Jan 2007
Happy Takano is hilarious. I never thought she would act like that, much less say nipa~
As for the episode, i thought it was great. It's nice to see things heading into a good direction, but at the same time, it only makes me believe more in a bad ending for them. And it doesn't help that this is ep 7 and not ep 22. Anyways, looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 18, 2007 1:36 PM
Jul 2007
Ya, happy Takano was very unexpected. Totally changed my perception of her.
So everyone is remembering now, huh?
And wait, the white van guys are protecting Rika?
I wonder why ..

Aug 18, 2007 2:26 PM

Feb 2007
This episode kinda bugs me...

It was great... sure...
It hat quiete the lot of unexpected little things going on... which is great because this probably would´ve been the chapter where you start thinking "jeah got it, that´s what´s going to happen, all right" ( like rika did )
But they changed it to suprise both rika and the viewer...

It´s just so sad to think that it will most probably go wrong again because of this one "why" question that´s still not solved...
And this time I think it´ll be much harder than any time before...

So... the episode was great... but to think after all of this it´ll still go wrong is just terrible...
( and I hope it won´t go wrong... but since the show will be airing for quiete some more time I have somewhat little hope u.u )
Aug 18, 2007 2:38 PM

Feb 2007
never thought you would write at this forum o_o

btw. I had a little higurashi update marathon today so I'm fully in Killerloli-modo~

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Aug 18, 2007 5:14 PM

Jan 2007
xD Takano was hilarious.
And Hanyuu. "My image of Takano is very disturbed now."

I was actually surprised to hear that Akasaka's wife lived. I wasn't expecting that scenario to be mentioned again, actually.
But this episode made me happy inside. :D

But seeing as it's only episode 7, I can't see this as being a happy ending so soon.

Aug 18, 2007 5:23 PM

Jul 2007
Talon said:
Rika said it herself and she should know it the best
Actually, we as the viewers have had a lot more hints about the curse and the driving force behind everything that's going wrong in Hinamizawa than Rika has.
Aug 19, 2007 12:41 AM

Feb 2007
Entropy said:
Talon said:
Actually, we as the viewers have had a lot more hints about the curse and the driving force behind everything that's going wrong in Hinamizawa than Rika has.

I don't quite agree with that, she might even know more then the viewers because she sends Hanyuu out for scouting and can see the story again in this space between worlds.
she was never there when Shion Tortured everyone (until herself)
she knew about Kenichi's Paranoia at the first chapter... but she wasn't there to see it herself.
I could go on with examples where Rika wasn't there but she know about them.

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Aug 19, 2007 2:51 AM

Jun 2007
Aug 19, 2007 3:06 AM
Jul 2007
Another awesome episode. But I'm afraid that everything won't work like it should be. Actually, it is named massacre chapter :<
Aug 19, 2007 3:26 AM

Jul 2007
Talon said:
Entropy said:
Talon said:

I don't quite agree with that, she might even know more then the viewers because she sends Hanyuu out for scouting and can see the story again in this space between worlds.
she was never there when Shion Tortured everyone (until herself)
she knew about Kenichi's Paranoia at the first chapter... but she wasn't there to see it herself.
I could go on with examples where Rika wasn't there but she know about them.
Note that I said about the curse and what's going wrong. Like MarthX said
Also while we have already seen examples of the curse not being very consistent (see Tatarigoroshi) Rika still seems a firm believer.
Aug 19, 2007 7:51 AM

Feb 2007
If I might say that...

I don´t think Rika doesn´t know that these guy´s will kill her ( or will try to... )
And she also does seem to know when... because she seemed to know they will protect her if anything where to happen to her before they could kill her themself...
( Only thing that wonders me is the one case where Rika kills herself... in the others she´s long dead by that time... )

But anyway... I agree with Talon... Rika seems to know her situation far better than any viewer possibly can right now...
The only thing we have in advantage is some info about the grey guys I think... and ohhhh~... we know lots about them now don´t we >> ?

If she can see the events that happen after she dies or just knows because she wasn´t just around the times we watched, but quiete some time longer in which she might´ve seen them... I can´t say at this point...
But she DOES know about them... so I think she´ll also know about the gas explosion and everything else prior and after her death...
But there´s no proof of that and whatsoever up until now I think... just a feeling I have...
Aug 19, 2007 1:49 PM

Aug 2007
Even though it seems close i doubt it's going to work out for Rika this chapter given i'm still expecting another 19 episodes for it to work out.

But at least things are slowly changing or it may just be a lucky one of thing.

Aug 19, 2007 1:59 PM

Feb 2007
Sylias said:
Only thing that wonders me is the one case where Rika kills herself... in the others she�s long dead by that time...

that was the point where she realized where that world was corrupt too.
it wasn't posible to save other after seeing Shion going on with her killing spree~
and as she lately said, she has evertime less time to go back into the past. killing herself fast after realizing that world isn't to rescure anymore would save her some time at this point.

Aug 19, 2007 2:26 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Things are going to smooth that -knowing Higurashi- it just has to go wrong. Great episode, can't wait for more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 20, 2007 12:08 PM

Feb 2007
@Talon

I don´t think the time she dies has anything to do with the time she has left in her next try...
At least that´s the feeling I have... I could of course be wrong ( but so could you ;) ... )

But the thing that got me wondered about this isn´t that she killed herself... It´s that she should´ve been dead...
She´s mostly one of the first to die ( probably because some people "want" her to be killed... the rest is ( as I think ) random and a result of other things ( at least it seems to be random who gets the joker each time)... )...
But in this chapter she was alive and kicking... there where no evil men in grey suits... not a single thing... just shion going nuts...
It´s either that I´m paranoid...
or that I´m paranoid and there´s some mistake...
or that I´m paranoid and this will lead to some other little plot twist... ( or at least be explained like takanos "walking around while being dead" hopefully will )...
or that I´m NOT paranoid but all of you are just my imagination...
Aug 20, 2007 2:15 PM

Jul 2007
Sylias said:
She´s mostly one of the first to die
Disregarding Watanagashi and Meakashi she is always the last to die, or at least before it doesn't matter anymore. Also the reason she kills herself in Meakashi is because she doesn't want to be tortured to death by Shion like happened in Watanagashi.
Aug 21, 2007 2:50 AM

Apr 2007
Good episode.

Problems: It's the 7th episode out of 24, The chapter is called "Massacre" and well.. Knowing this anime.. It will end in a lot of blood.

Happy Takano was a new sight as well.
Sep 30, 2007 3:49 AM

Feb 2007
Another awesome episode. I was actually saying Ni-Pah as well when Takano said it. I knew there was that happy side to her.

Something that seems to be bugging at me is Rika's fate in arc 1 of Higurahi ni. Keiichi went paranoid, killed Mion and Rena, killed himself...then...what happened to Rika? Maybe the gas disaster happened and killed her afterwards, or maybe I'm forgetting something. I must be. My mind is playing tricks with me. xD
Oct 1, 2007 12:16 PM

Jul 2007
Yes, the gas disaster happened. Though it isn't mentioned in the anime at all.
Oct 2, 2007 4:28 AM

Feb 2007
Entropy said:
Yes, the gas disaster happened. Though it isn't mentioned in the anime at all.

Ah, thanks for that Entropy.
Jan 29, 2008 11:19 AM

Dec 2007
Interesting to see Takano being all happy and stuff. Even though everything seems to be going right in this chapter I have the feeling that it's all going to come crashing down at some point.

#NBHNC
Mar 13, 2008 4:59 AM

Jan 2008
this episode was great.
keiichi, rena and shion remembered what they did in the past.
akasaka's wife didn't die as well.
everything seems to be going the right way. XD

takano back there was really... uhm... weird. lol.
saying "ni pah" and doing those things were really disturbing. lol. xD

okay, onto the next episode. XP
Apr 19, 2008 2:49 AM

Feb 2008
Now, just waiting what to happen next..
Jun 22, 2008 11:15 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, this was a great episode. Nice to see things take a turn for the good, and I seriously think there's hope for everyone this time.

But uh... I seriously hope this arc just flip over itself, and mindfux everyone with a bad ending. :D

And jeez, does Rika have unlimited spawns? Each arc, she respawns. :D

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jul 19, 2008 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
=O!!!!!!! I love how this is going so far o__o.... And Takano chibi was cute xDD

But this arc is going pretty well and people are remembering stuff... It's kinda suspenseful in it's own way.... *anticipation* =3

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 20, 2008 4:07 PM

Jun 2008
As happy and satisfied as I am, I just can't force myself to believe this will be a happy ending ! Its only 7/24, something will go wrong, knowing Higurashi. I mean, the chapter name first of all, if maybe this was the LAST chapter, I'd believe it to end well.

Takano scared me, hahaha !
Sep 17, 2008 12:55 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, a happy episode! Though I was glad to see the characters be somewhat "cured" of some of what plagued them in the last arcs, I'm with Hanyuu on this one...I think something will go dreadfully wrong. Especially since the title of this arc is "The Massacre Killing Arc." D:

I speculated that the characters do subconciously learn from their mistakes in previous arcs (or they begin to learn after x number of times that an arc happens), but now it's actually put into action because they do remember what they did. I think Mion has something to do with this...Keiichi, paranoia-free, happily eats Mion's ohagi, Rena confesses her "dream" to Mion in the junkyard, and Shion tells Mion about the "dream" as well. We've never seen Mion go psycho in the past arcs, I think-maybe that has something to do with it? Even Oishi seems changed, with Mion playing the dice game with him and all. And Akasaka saves his wife...aww. :D The Yamainu are also protecting Rika as well. Hm, I think something will mess up Takano and Tomitake or one of them will mess up this happy chain of events. Takano's "Ni-pah!" was hiilarious, btw. :D
Sep 21, 2008 8:44 AM

May 2008
o_ o Okay,Hanyuu took the words out of my mouth - "My image of Takano is very disturbed now."
I really like how this is going,but I doubt Rika will succeed the first time. Still a few more chapters...

Anyway,keep watching and Nipah!!
Sep 30, 2008 3:04 AM

Mar 2008
interesting oO

part of me still wants someone to die though like Ooishi would be great!!! lmao XD
Oct 7, 2008 1:04 AM

May 2008
This is...an unparalleled event.

You know...it seemed like when I could only hear Hanyuu, that she was only giving her the courage to continue and that one of these days a good world would pop up.

And now that it has
I guess she's just trying to be comforting and a good friend either way.
She wants to give her hope when she has none, and try to prepare her for disappointment when things are looking up.

Her basically whole message has been pessimistic at times, but it's basically a whole message of "don't get your hopes up too high, you're only be disappointed all the harder if they don't work out".

Gosh I love Hanyuu, I can never get enough of her. I knew I was gonna love her the moment I saw her.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 9, 2008 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
Hmmm.. how ironic that the chapter is called "Massacre" but yet everyone who's suppose to die is managing to survive. And is it just me or are the guys protecting Rika the some ones that are trying to kill her? Who are those guys?
Oct 18, 2008 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
White van guys are interesting - where they trying to protect Rika this whole time?

Which means theres an unknown third party in the mix?

Further, Irie seems involved, which explains why he dies a lot as well.. hmm.

Im kinda suspicious of Hanyuu, she seems to spend a LOT of time discouraging Rika from getting involved, it COULD be shes trying to save her from future dissapointment but things seem to be doing so well right now.

Im also curious as to why she got so angry with Takano? Saying she hated her and that the statue in the statue in the shed WASNT Oyashiro-sama...
Nov 9, 2008 3:22 PM

Nov 2007
Ooh, this episode seems to have brought back the anticipation I had for each ep. in the first season :D Something about everything going *right* for once (even a happy Takano!) makes me want to see what's going to happen next even more. Also, another LOL preview. OoishixKeichi doujinshi = DO NOT WANT o_o;

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 17, 2008 5:17 PM

Aug 2008

I agree with Hanyuu and Rika... that totally changed my perception of Takano... her nipa~ was probably the 2nd scariest thing I'd seen on these shows so far...
Pitiful Rika-chama... her hopes will get tranpled upon once again. It will all go terrible wrong for her again and reveal all the stuff in this episode was just an allusion... Note, I'm a very optimistic person-nano desu.
Onto the next, tragey-impending-episode!
Feb 10, 2009 6:58 AM

Aug 2008
Quite interesting development, really want to see what's going to happen now that everyone remembers the past worlds.
Mar 8, 2009 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
so wait... those guys in white are her security? so does that mean there are other guys in white who want to kill her? or one in the same?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 11, 2009 9:29 PM

May 2008
Wow Keiichi, Rena, and Shion all remember previous events. Also Hanyuu talking about Takano in the shrine was great haha. Kinda weird that the white van people are even helping Rika atm, although who knows if it'll stay this way.
Apr 3, 2009 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
This world is really trippy. It's almost like a video game, in which you learn as you go. The characters are all gaining a 6th sense for avoiding danger. I wonder how this will end up failing (or if it will fail, which it probably will since it's so early in the season). I don't want to see Rika lose all hope :'(

It's also pretty interesting that Rika is cursed to continue living in that world; a parody of sorts on the curse of Oyashiro-sama.

Hanyuu was so kawaii in this episode, especially with Takano. She is some good comic relief and almost like a speck of consciousness in the confusing world that is Hinamizawa.
Apr 12, 2009 4:17 AM

Jul 2008
Happy Takano was pretty great, her saying Nipaa~ is totally awesome. And did Hanyuu suggest that Oyashiro-sama exists?
Apr 28, 2009 11:46 PM

Aug 2008
Things are going good.. too good. All the pieces are in place but like Hanyuu I somehow have a gut feeling that things wont be going as planned

Jul 9, 2009 2:22 AM
Apr 2009
So the van guys are good now?
Aug 21, 2009 1:17 PM

Aug 2008
How will it turn into a Massacre, i wonder..
Aug 26, 2009 1:24 PM

Aug 2009
I liked this episode :)

It seemed like everything would fall into place...

But, quoting deViate
deViate said:
Good episode.

Problems: It's the 7th episode out of 24, The chapter is called "Massacre" and well.. Knowing this anime.. It will end in a lot of blood.

Happy Takano was a new sight as well.

the chapter is called massacre, so I dunno what to expect DX

Nevertheless, I luved this episode ^^

Thanks to Shiro-chan for scripting! ♥
Aug 27, 2009 9:06 AM

Jul 2009
I have a feeling everyone's going to die.
Sep 13, 2009 8:46 AM

Jul 2009
Nipaaaa~~ Miyo was so cute and out of the ordinary =D

I wonder why Hanyuu got so angry and said Miyo was wrong about the deity statue though?
And the fact she is trying to hold down Rika's hopes from getting too high, it's almost like Hanyuu know things will go bad. She also says it's "unusual" for everyone to remember their past murderous deeds and avoiding them, but she doesn't say it have never happened before.

Makes me think she knows more than she are willing to tell.

Anyway the whole episode left me with such a good feeling I almost don't want to watch any more and see how everything fails =P
Oct 31, 2009 6:56 AM
Jul 2009
MarthX said:

Maybe this time she will be able to see them killing her, so then in the next world she has that knowledge.
Jan 7, 2010 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
Happy takano XD Lol.

I really liked this episode, its getting better and better!
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.