Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 3, 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
First episode leaked by Crunchyroll...

Main guy had skills of a merchant before his life changes. Typical isekai stuff except he's also treated as too ordinary because of his level. There's catch with the show's leveling system so they're playing it off that gimmick. Fenrys is also introduced and I expect a good portion of the show to be focused on her and Filo.

Funny how she turned from innocent to a monster in just a flash.
Stark700Apr 3, 7:46 AM
Apr 3, 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
It's not just the affair of Crunchyroll's leaks, the Puerto Rico anime con is to blame.

But getting into the show, Miya Kinojo's series does play against it when it comes to the title, it's just that obvious of a ridicule of standard Isekai/fantasy elements known all too well.

Merchant Banaza (honestly just call him Banana) having to deal with both humans and demihumans, the prejudice of dealing with the latter is one, but being summoned to the Magical Kingdom of Klyrode as the 198th hero candidate, an Isekai fantasy within a fantasy, who may have no Divine Revelation, he's just like any lukewarm forgotten summoned hero who just wants to get back home. But the blunder of the kingdom has him being sent off to Delaveza Forest with an NDA forbidden treatment of leaking their mistake. At the very least, both humans and demihumans live alongside each other, so that's not bad at all. The gimmick, however, is with Banaza gaining to Lv2 and earning rather OP skills from the get-go...it's no different from starting out at Lvl 1 and doing the same thing.

Turns out, Banaza's OP skill just did eliminate the Dark Army while not killing monsters with infinite powers, eh, everything is easy-peasy for Banaza at this point. All he needs to do now is to feign an alias under a different name (Filo) and go on quests...until he spots a girl wanting to go to the forest. Of course, all of his magic is overpowered in the guise of looking average, enough to attract the attention of a few adventurers. But the young girl being a target for anyone going to the Delaveza Forest to see the Dark Army, she is no mere simpleton: the lupine Fenrys of the Infernal Four.

Yep, essentially everything in the standard generic Isekai story is all here and done before. What's new? The fact that J.C.Staff has the same couple VA pairings of ToraDora, Shakugan no Shana and even Zero no Tsukaima, now that's intention.
KANLen09Apr 10, 8:34 AM
Apr 3, 8:05 AM

Feb 2020
I think I have seen this one before. I mean, ehh.

Nothing much to say about this one. Pretty generic stuff.
Apr 3, 8:32 AM

Dec 2021
... I'm not the only one who wishes MC had stayed as a girl, right?

Every year, the Magical Kingdom of Klyrode calls upon numerous heroes from diverse realms to join their battle against the nefarious Dark One and his formidable army of demons. Among these heroes is Banaza, hailing from the Royal Capital Paluma. However, there's a glaring anomaly—Banaza, a mere merchant, lacks any magical prowess or combat skills, and his abilities are woefully inadequate. To compound matters, a misfortune renders him unable to return home. Deemed unworthy as a hero and abandoned in a foreign world, Banaza finds himself cast aside to the fringes of the kingdom by a callous king intent on his removal. His prospects appear grim indeed.

The idea isn't new, but it's daring. Instead of a high schooler, we have a fantasy guy transported to another world. His stats going infinitely high is a first for me. I'm curious why he didn't use purification, but using all his spells is cool. They must be summoning a lot if they're doubling up. Finding out the cute wolf girl is a powerful demon was surprising, but losing her cuteness is sad. Maybe she can turn back, but being a murderous demon takes away from her charm.

That title is a big fat lie. He was level 2 for a sec, then bam, he's over 350 just by cleaning up the forest.
IzanaSolosApr 7, 5:12 PM

Apr 3, 8:47 AM
May 2014
this is gonna be nice, btw the other "hero" not only he looks like a fool he is one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 8:51 AM

Jul 2020
not bad, as far as generic seasonal isekai's go
Apr 3, 8:53 AM

Mar 2021
Pretty generic Isekai nothing much makes it stand out.
Apr 3, 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
I feel like this shitty level design is actually realistic. Start with normal stats, level up once, activate infinite mode.

Someone please save me from watching all these garbage shows.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 3, 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
The tsundere queen back in action, how much have I missed her.

As for the episode, was your average isekai fantasy but there are cute girls. The blonde knight specially. Kugimiya Rie's voicing the loli so that's a plus too.
Apr 3, 9:44 AM

May 2021
So that's the generic issekai trash anime of the season. Good thing they didn't miss even a single trope otherwise they might need to get a bit more creative.
Apr 3, 9:55 AM

Apr 2022
Yet another leaked generic isekai, but with the twist that this actually seems watchable. Dare I say - it may even be decent. The tf scene was pretty unexpected, though welcome.
Apr 3, 10:10 AM

Dec 2022
man bro is insta killing the wolf

anyway finally something very unique never before seen isekai
a lv2 isekai we have evolved no more lv1 isekai we have lv2 whats next lv3 lv 367
Apr 3, 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Fondle these titties; who are you again? Lord over me 2nd spawn.

At least the MC seems like a decent guy that got out of a place with some bad people.

Looks pretty good so far.
Apr 3, 11:01 AM

Nov 2016
Honestly just picking it up because JC Staff bias. Many elements in this one are a turn off.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 11:28 AM

May 2020
Zero no Tsukaima duo lol, and that's pretty much it.. the VA's. The show itself is something we could say we have already seen the likes of million times, but then again, even they knew it... the advocate of such shows, JC Staff.

Hope I could at least make it to the halfway point if nothing.
Apr 3, 12:52 PM
Jul 2015
Fuck, that was just too many levels of stupid.
Apr 3, 1:56 PM
Jul 2021
At first I legitimately thought this was the second season to the Isekai pharmacy slow life anime and they were finally showing how he got isekaied: the MC looks almost exactly like that guy grew his hair out a bit and the wolf girl like she grew up.
Apr 3, 3:04 PM
Jul 2021
Yona_Runcandel said:
The first episode was quite good. It was somewhat sad when he utilized the shapeshifting magic; I wished he had remained a woman.

mc is a man, no need to become a woman.
Apr 3, 3:51 PM

Jun 2013
Blonde dude is a hacker, everything is level 999 from the get go
Apr 3, 4:01 PM

Mar 2024
Useless weak guy is now omega powerful for no reason?
Nobility BAD but princess GOOD?
Voice annotated RPG game elements?
A harem of bland girls the MC saves in the first episode?
A BIIIG scArY monster which totally isn't gonna get one-shot?

Wow. This is such a good combination of themes that they should turn this into its own genre! I could watch this all day! :)
Apr 3, 6:41 PM
Nov 2018
Slime + Shield Hero S1 + OP MC vibes. It seems unique enough amongst a generic genre. I think i'll enjoy watching this show. not gonna blow my mind but will be a fun thing to watch week by week.
Apr 3, 8:12 PM

Sep 2016
bro boutta wipe the entire forest kek

or not since the wolf has the same name of the second character listed as main in the anime info

so I guess demons are the good guys in this story, not surprising since the human king is EVIL, and he chose a fool for his hero

anyway title is fraudulent he stayed level 2 for less than a minute, with that purification spell he mopped the floor with square kilometers of magical beasts, anime is officially level 367 cheat skill now

I bet the fool hero stats will stay defaulted at 999 no matter his level, also I bet he is actually super weak bc they are .999 actually, would be funny if true lol
FullyChargedApr 4, 5:17 AM
bruh
Apr 3, 8:22 PM
Apr 2023
This guy got the Saint's Omnipotent treatment.
Apr 3, 9:51 PM
Aug 2020
I have read the manga and it does get a lot better real soon it just has to get through the set up to get to the meat.
Apr 4, 4:17 AM

Jan 2013
MCs with a cheats on lvl 1 are godlike
Bro with a cheats on lvl 2 became a god LMAO

i don't understand where it is going. bro is worrying about his broken sword, but he can one punch everything in this world
Apr 4, 5:30 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to LostSpectre
I feel like this shitty level design is actually realistic. Start with normal stats, level up once, activate infinite mode.

Someone please save me from watching all these garbage shows.
@LostSpectre

Nobody is safe...
Commit to the suffering...
Respectfully ofc

Apr 4, 6:18 AM

Sep 2016
native isekaijin got isekai'd lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 4, 6:55 AM

Mar 2013
I dropped the manga after seeing the infinity symbols in his stats... let's see how they adapt this story.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 4, 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
lmao
i usually have fun with almost every isekai, but this one is a little too much...
i mean, kill 3 slimes and become the strongest person in the universe, it's a little too farfetched LOL

the wolf girl too... i understand her trying to kill the other 4 who tried to attack her, but mc was literally the only one who was trying to help her, she could at least spare him... whatever, fuck this episode

i won't add it to my drop list yet, but i'll decide when ep2 comes if i even feel like watching it ...
maybe it gets better after as someone said before me
oh yeah, having tsundeRie as a voice surely makes it watchable, i take back what i said :D
winddevil1Apr 4, 10:55 AM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 4, 12:31 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to winddevil1
lmao
i usually have fun with almost every isekai, but this one is a little too much...
i mean, kill 3 slimes and become the strongest person in the universe, it's a little too farfetched LOL

the wolf girl too... i understand her trying to kill the other 4 who tried to attack her, but mc was literally the only one who was trying to help her, she could at least spare him... whatever, fuck this episode

i won't add it to my drop list yet, but i'll decide when ep2 comes if i even feel like watching it ...
maybe it gets better after as someone said before me
oh yeah, having tsundeRie as a voice surely makes it watchable, i take back what i said :D
winddevil1 said:

Not that I"m trying to defend the show, but I feel like you missed something. She wasn't actually seeking help. She was trying to trick adventurers into accompanying so she could literally feed them to the demon army.
Apr 4, 3:10 PM

Apr 2014
Ngl, I am enjoying this. I am a sucker of seeing how characters thrive when people understimate their worth.

Also Fenrys is so cute.
I hear nothing but Kiana through her. LOL

Apr 4, 3:25 PM
Mar 2024
Very much your typical generic Isekai. The plot and setting are introduced very quickly and the mc gets op even quicker. We the get introduced to his potential harem and main love interest, depending on how the anime develops. It's looking to be one of the better fantasy Isekai/reincarnation trash of the season. Looking forward to episode 2.
Apr 4, 5:28 PM
Jan 2013
i want to see the king face when he finds out he lost his guy
Apr 4, 6:14 PM
Apr 2023
This is what happens when we rely on numbers too much 😆 Now that he has infinite stats, I feel sorry for the king as he will have a hard time figuring out how to reconcile with Flio and try to get him back as surely the Blonde Hero will fail hard on his role.

Anyway, this anime adaptation really feels nostalgic, but only because the main voice actors are both legendary seiyuus and some of you should be familiar with them, Hino Satoshi (Overlord's Ainz) and Kugimiya Rie (ToroDora's Taiga) as they have been paired together in lots of animes in the early 2000s like 'Shakugan no Shana' and the isekai anime 'Zero no Tsukaima', among others. It's been a while since they've been both cast together as mains and not to mention that this is adapted from a pretty decent light novel (manga adaptation is pretty nice too), so this might just be a sort of ride down the memory lane. Let's hope JC Staff does a good job on this one.
Apr 4, 10:44 PM

Jun 2023
Infinite right off the bat??
Apr 4, 11:13 PM

Jul 2019
Generic and stupid but it works for me. That muscle girl though. *chef's kiss*
Apr 5, 3:55 AM

Jul 2019
No, thank you. Too generic lmao
Apr 5, 8:26 AM
Sep 2019
Bro it almost feels like Ep 1 of every single anime this season got leaked.
Apr 5, 3:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
medieval fantasy setting - check

weapon wield OP MC - check

smug "rival" dumbass character - check

people not taking the MC seriously - check

asshole/dumbass king - check

demi-humans - check

OP knight girl - check

monster girl who can transform into the animal - check

pseudo harem - check

guilds/adventurers - check

quests - check

mysterious forest - check

demon army - check

anyway, thank fuck this one is a bit more ecchi from what i think i saw

GangsterCat said:
native isekaijin got isekai'd lmao

that was probably the most creative thing of these naru or w/e you call them isekai has done in a long time
EcchiGodMamsterApr 5, 3:46 PM
Apr 5, 7:39 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty good hopefully it follows the manga I didn't read the novel
Apr 5, 7:48 PM
Dec 2015
Oh man this is one of worst first episodes for isekai anime I have seen, straight up copy of Shield Hero and How I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Even the 999lvl hero looks like the spear hero
Apr 6, 10:08 AM

Jun 2019
I would have rethought my career choice as a summoner after the 100th failed hero summoning
Apr 6, 11:08 AM
Aug 2023
KANLen09 said:
It's not just the affair of Crunchyroll's leaks, the anime con is to blame.

Once again, another typical Isekai, though this is pretty much like Dekisono, except actually written well of all things.

Come again, another Fluffy Paradise of sorts...?

what is dekisono??
Apr 6, 8:59 PM

Nov 2023
Generic isekai with an overpowered ability. Cool.
Apr 7, 12:00 AM
Feb 2024
As a manga reader, I can't wait til the anime-onlys figure out what just happened.

Let. Him. Cook.
Apr 7, 10:22 AM

Jun 2020
The stupidity of this man is in another level. He really can’t put 2+2 together
Apr 7, 2:58 PM
Feb 2024
kirA_-_ said:

To be fair, this is so outside the realm of possibility, it's easy to not understand at first.
Apr 7, 3:08 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Paulternative
kirA_-_ said:

To be fair, this is so outside the realm of possibility, it's easy to not understand at first.
@Paulternative well I agree but he is already from some other fantasy world like I don’t expect him to understand that he is the most powerful man in the world now but at least some kind of logical reasoning’s needed to be appear especially after peoples reaction . He just didn’t think once somehow
Apr 7, 4:59 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to Paulternative
As a manga reader, I can't wait til the anime-onlys figure out what just happened.

Let. Him. Cook.
@Paulternative definitely let him cook
Apr 8, 5:41 AM

Jan 2023
So, as a manga reader, I was waiting for this one impatiently, and I must say that so far I'm very satisfied with the adaptation: the characters act, talk and move as I imagined them and the show seems to have very decent production (music, voice acting, animation) values from what I can tell.
It felt great seeing Balirosa, the king's daughter, that nasty blond hero... and all of them being animated!
The only 'bad' thing for me in this first episode is that we have to wait one more week to see more of Fenrys, and of Flio's powers :)

One thing that hit me as pretty unique when I read the manga was how this is an isekai but from one fantasy world to another fantasy world.
I don't think I ever seen it done before (or I did and I forgot about it maybe).
In a way that makes it a little bit complicated because you learn stuff about two differents fantasy worlds at the same time.

I'm pretty certain this will be a very fun show for me.
Expecting more action, but also a lot of slice of life, romance and comedy :)
MeguSae38Apr 8, 6:24 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 22

62 by ahmedhassan99988 »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 29

44 by MegamiRem »»
May 30, 10:41 AM

» Feels like Im back in the 2000s

StalkerFairy - May 26

10 by ejleon »»
May 29, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 8 Discussion

Aversa - May 27

30 by waldy713 »»
May 29, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 15

83 by MegamiRem »»
May 28, 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.