Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
Look at Sunraku. Dude is so proud of his own strength that he isn't holding back on himself.

Fighting crystal scorpion mobs takes guts so I give him credit for the effort. Plus, I'm impressed at how much Sunraku managed to improve himself all this time, and he had a plan in mind. One more episode left!
Mar 24, 3:13 AM

Aug 2013
The god got some materials; either they're god tier or trash, guess we'll find out next episode.
Mar 24, 3:18 AM

Feb 2021
3:53, 4:57 Ah, I was wondering why was the character 群 - "group; flock; swarm" in the name, it's because they are always in groups. 水晶群蠍 - "crystal group scorpion"

I love the dynamic between Sunraku and Emul so much lol

12:30 転送:格納空間 - "Transfer: Storage Space"

12:50 格納空間 - "Storage Space"

13:22 転送:現実空間 - "Transfer: Reality Space"

13:33 - 13:38
靭晶脚 - "soft/pliable crystal leg"

纏晶殻 - "wear/wrap crystal shell"

断晶鋏 - "severance/cut crystal pincers"

踏晶爪 - "step crystal talon"

Btw do they get some kind of penalty for being killed by enemies like this?
I started playing gacha games recently, so I understand your pain very well, Sunraku  ̄へ ̄

One of the funniest SLF Minis XD
Last episode next week.
Mar 24, 3:34 AM

Apr 2011
SF was so far truly "Kami game" so far, but being able use inventoria in middle of fight is HUGE exploit that need to be fixed. Even weirder is that it's super common for games prevent such things and there is no way author who is clearly passionate gammer would miss it
Tenzen12Mar 24, 3:38 AM
Mar 24, 3:44 AM
Sep 2015
One episode left. Seems like this will have a simple ending instead of epic ending.
Mar 24, 3:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Now Sunraku on farming mode, fully use the benefit of his unlimited space of inventoria to gathered all those crystals. Wonder what he gets from those item when tampering it hard by Bilac? Another good dagger? Also, too bad goddess rng won't bless him good timing to get the item he wanted, scorpion stinger. I feel like he got karma after so selfishly trying to exploit inventoria that hard without rest. Serve you right, birdman!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 4:11 AM
Jan 2024
Incredibly hilarious, with Sunraku laughing at his own genius or mocking the scorpions
Mar 24, 4:44 AM
Nov 2023
Sometimes friendly fire is the easiest way to kill a group of enemies, especially if they are high level.
Loved watching Sunraku showing off his gamer skills, even if he didn't get the rare drop this time due to RNG (that's rough, buddy...).
Also props to Uchida Yuuma for giving us some incredible Kira laughs.
Mar 24, 5:21 AM

Jul 2017
The over Lv, 100 Crystal Scorpions are next on Sunraku's hitlist, and what he finds...is the Crystal Nest Cliff that's a whole other world than itself, with the monsters perfectly camouflaged. But when one comes, the others follow, and Sunraku finds himself surrounded by a swarm of scorpions, which he only realized Bilac's advise when danger came straight for him. And Emul may be frustrated about his endeavors, but nothing like carrots will give it such predictable warmth. So then, Sunraku is ready to face it once more again, and this time, he finds a crystal loot which is able to give him some legendary weapons...which did not last. But at least he didn't leave empty-handed and got the Aroncaleth Hard Lapis, a component of the crystal lands...which after some thinking, got him EVEN more fired to experience the unknown by pure greed. Too bad Emul..you're just the piece in the puzzle for SUnraku's gain.

The 3rd time's the charm, and Sunraku...knows how to deal with them: going back to Inventoria to get his weapon of choice: a teleport that by the scorpions clashing against each other, they break into pieces of gathered rare materials and loot that becomes easy to maintain with said inventory. Only one item left: the super-tough stinger, and Sunraku would make this happen by hook or by crook with the same strategy back and forth. The problem is...Sunraku could've had it if he was a little bit forth in distance, however instead, dying to his death and respawning back in Rabituza. Instead, going to Bilac for praise for the rare items, no point going back for death.

The master of trash games...just still can't hilariously be programmed by the Random Number Generator enough.
Mar 24, 5:40 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Tenzen12
SF was so far truly "Kami game" so far, but being able use inventoria in middle of fight is HUGE exploit that need to be fixed. Even weirder is that it's super common for games prevent such things and there is no way author who is clearly passionate gammer would miss it
@Tenzen12 since it is reward of beating Wazaemon, possibly the top 3 strongest unique monster, i guess this is acceptable to use inventoria at any time
Mar 24, 6:52 AM

Jan 2009
the inventoria item they got from weathermon is very handy eh
Mar 24, 6:53 AM

Dec 2022
dynamit bone in muscle brust sounds like something a 8th grader with chunibyo would come up with like time for my special move "Dynamite Bone-in Muscle Brust"

anyway the RNG gods do be like that like i was trying to do a quest to catch 5 wolf i had one hour left caught 4 wolves the last one didnt show up that hella pisses me off

anyway i really wanted Bilac to say these are just useless pieces of shards nothing but decorational but can fetch a high price
Mar 24, 7:05 AM
Oct 2016
Sunraku just couldn't help himself could he. The definition of a obsessive gamer going back to get some super rare loot even though others tell him its dangerous. That first attempt where he tried to sneakily get that mineral but the pick axe gave him away was hilarious. Those huge crystal scorpions diving up out of seemingly nowhere is very familiar, that's honestly a very typical gaming experience when you get jumped by strong enemies suddenly. Its great how this show really understands those intrinsic gaming moments that only make sense if you've been there yourself. The struggle Sunraku went through just to get those rare pieces of the scorpions is very funny to see. That feeling of being so close yet so far from what you were trying to accomplish in game. Sunraku did think of an ingenious way to beat the scorpions by having them crash into each other when they jump him. Simply slipping into that inventory space to escape their stingers and they smash into one another and leave pieces behind that are much easier to grab. The excitement Sunraku got from grabbing all those pieces was great. Now he can show them off and brag to Bilac about it.
Mar 24, 7:18 AM

Mar 2022
Fun Episode, love the dumb antics he goes through to break the system, last episode next week hope we get a second season.
Mar 24, 7:35 AM

Feb 2021
A smart way to loot by get into inventory and getting out to loot XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 24, 8:37 AM

Dec 2021
Damn, Inventoria is so OP. And that frustration with RNG... yeah, I know the feeling.

Anyway, knowing it's ending next week kinda bums me out.

Mar 24, 9:14 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Tenzen12
@Tenzen12 it's definitely a feature, not an exploit lol

It is the reward for defeating one of the hardest bosses in their game. And it's unique to the party that did it. No matter how OP the reward is, it won't affect the millions of other players in their VRMMO at all. Nerfing it makes no sense
Mar 24, 9:56 AM

Apr 2011
Fair enough, I guess.
Mar 24, 11:02 AM

Apr 2020
Developers probably weren't worried about people exploiting the inventoria since that's future game stuff. But what makes inventoria particularly OP, besides a convenient room, is that there seems to be little to no cooldown on its usage and that Sunraku was able to use it midair/mid motion.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Mar 24, 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
Lmaooo look like Sunraku bit off more than he can chew with the crystal scorpions. Had to rethink his strategy. Thanks to some advice from emul, he was able to get some nice item drops. Having the scorpions duke it out and just swooping in for the rewards was brilliant. Reminds me of watching Elden ring videos a couple years ago. Work smarter, not harder.

I love how this show is basically an animated let’s play. Seeing Sunraku work his way thru these boss fights and get all giddy when something like the inventoria unique skill works is funny.

Now we’re off to Bilac to brag 😂 I agree with him that shit talking is half the fun.
Marinate1016Mar 24, 11:40 AM
Mar 24, 11:08 AM
Oct 2022
compressed through ingestion? so was hsle just taking a pickaxe to their 💩-pile for the first mats?
Mar 24, 12:01 PM

Mar 2007
So he finally figured out how powerful Inventoria is - because when he first got that Item all I could think of is "now you have your very own re-spawn points that you can use anywhere as kind of like a 3rd bind point and that's so OP it's broken."

What does he do? Exploits the heck out of it to FARM rare materials! High risk farming too but exciting farming with loads of lovely crystals.

Can we talk about how beautiful those crystal scorpions are? My jaw dropped. They really did the animation and design justice! The gem enthusiast in me was drooling at the types of jewelry this could make, I don't think they'd be good armor since crystals do break if hit at the right stress points, unless they're super hard like Diamonds in which case they're going to be difficult to turn into items. Maybe you need a blacksmith with jewelcrafting skills? But I digress.

And then that Goddess of RNG ... LMAO ... every gamer has felt that more than once, so yeah, we can relate especially with the blurred out middle finger salute.

Finally, is it just me or is Emul the cutest Sidekick character? Her expressions are to die for. I want one.
Mar 24, 12:03 PM
Sep 2023
Limi said:
The god got some materials; either they're god tier or trash, guess we'll find out next episode.

I got the same feeling too! He’s hyping up the materials so much but something tells me it’s no gonna yield the result he’s expecting haha.
Mar 24, 1:09 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
It's another grinding episode with the mytical appearance of a true player's worst enemy: shitty RNG. Yes, that godess can be so cruel at times in these kinds of games, more so even in party like games where luck is pretty much key. Regaardless, with that teleport technique and the loot acquired I wonder what will be the catalyst next episode to end the season. We still haven't seen the pink haired girl from the op after all.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 24, 1:31 PM
Oct 2020
Imagine if everything but the stinger is actually trash unusable material lol
Mar 24, 3:03 PM
Feb 2019
It was funny to watch
Mar 24, 3:06 PM

Jan 2021
Very like Sunraku to laugh like a madman being chased by tons of 100 level monsters. Glad he's so motivated by greed and curosity. The dude is right that's what gaming is all about, solving puzzles especially in unorthodox ways. It's making your own fun of an already good game. That's one of the reasons why this is such a good "gaming" anime.

Next week will be our last episode. This will definitely get a second season.
Mar 24, 4:05 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So far I’ve enjoyed this series a lot and always look forward to watching it every Sunday. Sad that next week is the finale for the season, but I’m sure we will get some sort of news on a continuation of this series. It’s been a wild ride and the animation especially during some of the fights have been crazy. Looking forward to the last episode and what will come for this series
Mar 24, 4:23 PM
Feb 2018
It is me or Sunraku is dumb like he use inventoria all the time for all the loot but when it come for the stinger he didn't us it or maybe there is a cooldown if so mb
Mar 24, 7:23 PM

Nov 2012
"Sunraku-san has grown rather unstable desu-a."
Emul, it took you long enough to notice.
Mar 24, 8:38 PM

May 2019
Imagine Bilac telling Sunraku that the materials he collected aren't that useful and are more for show than for use as crafting materials lol. NGL, I thought this was the finale until I came to update my watched series and realized there's one more episode remaining.
Mar 24, 10:31 PM
Apr 2023
This is about to end and it really feels these last episodes after the Weathermon fight are really extras. They probably saw that they overshot their estimates and now they have to even stretch the filler chapters of the source manga just to deliver the 25 episodes in their contracts 😆
Well at least we get to see more Emul cuteness
Mar 24, 11:56 PM

Sep 2010
I agree, surprised so many people liked this episode, I thought it was awful. Love the show, but this feels like a filler written by the B team to me.
Mar 25, 4:37 AM

May 2015
Losing the rarest item when you almost had it is the worst thing that can happen to you in a game.
Mar 25, 8:55 AM
Oct 2019
Very Funny Episode!!

That laugh when bro found out how to exploit the game LMAO

All those Luck point means nothing to RNG Goddess lol

That slf-mini was also hilarious.
Poor Emul always got abused.
Mar 25, 8:59 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Soolz
It is me or Sunraku is dumb like he use inventoria all the time for all the loot but when it come for the stinger he didn't us it or maybe there is a cooldown if so mb
@Soolz he needed to touch it first, he literally said it in the episode.
Mar 25, 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
I need something similar to Emul to make me sleep... 😳😖
The only thing that's missing is Emul being a teddy bear... 😆

Sunraku is more or less—nah, he's an idiot.. 🤣
I guess he can't use the inventory travel while in mid-air. 😏
CrazyButNot4UMar 25, 3:32 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 25, 3:28 PM

Jul 2016
Episodes shouldn't feel this relatable. Good thing Sunraku will have it easier next time he encounters those Scorpions, given his MP will be fully restored.
Also props to him for discovering how to exploit Inventoria. I lowkey gasped when I realized what his intentions were.
Mar 26, 4:52 AM
Jun 2012
Decent as always. The scorpions actually made the rest of the production value stand out as better. Since they were out of place almost blending in yo the background structure. In an unintentional way.
Mar 26, 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
Bismuth?!? lolololol!!!! At least it'll keep his tummy settled!
Mar 26, 8:09 PM
Feb 2021
i really love the rabbit emul act so cute
Mar 26, 10:31 PM

Oct 2019
Very exciting and funny episode.
Mar 26, 11:19 PM
Mar 2024
Cool anime the graphics so awesome and story to
Mar 28, 11:32 AM

Oct 2022
I really understood the appeal of this show after watching this episode. He repeatedly killed those crystal scorpions just ad nauseum like how you'd do it in actual ones. Tbh, it's just a very obvious observation but that's really what makes this anime special and different compared to Sword art online, in which it's really the players being immersed and avoiding reality. This one is for enjoying. And actively reminds us it's only a VR game. Anyhow, awesome episode, really can't wait for the next episode's arrival. |~v~|
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Mar 28, 11:06 PM
Mar 2024
I died of laughter with Sunraku, the charisma that overflows is incredible and even more so its seiyu who does an excellent job, but the animation drops a little in quality, even so it is not annoying and it doesn't look bad.
Mar 29, 3:16 AM
Sep 2021
Sunraku gets rare items from crystal scorpion which is very difficult to obtain & he cannot defeat it due to their levels & numbers. Felt more like a filler episode & introduction to new monsters of the game.
Mar 29, 6:00 AM
Mar 2019
Sunraku is a consistent gamer after my own heart. He likes working on the loopholes of a game to use to his advantage. That takes skill, and experience. One more episode to go.
Mar 29, 5:27 PM
Jun 2016
Literally skip this entire episode if you bother watching the anime. Embarassing trash.
Mar 29, 7:13 PM
Oct 2021
good episode, but a little bit boring
Mar 31, 12:58 AM

May 2020
Thought the era of fillers is going to sunset, but then you get episodes like this.

Oh wait, it has been this way since the start.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31

108 by Demonskunk »»
Jun 2, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Abysmally slow pacing is ruining the anime

GangsterCat - Nov 19, 2023

40 by Tetraquads »»
May 28, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18

91 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

91 by leeyo69 »»
May 17, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11

156 by Akapilka »»
May 15, 8:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.