Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 9, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Another episode, another kiss. Itsuomi and Yuki truly do act like a couple now. Plus, she was even staying over at his house.

Episode also did a decent job at building more character relationships. The fireworks festival part was especially memorable imo.
Mar 9, 6:05 AM
Mar 2022
They adapted this episode so well!!!
Itsuomi and oushi conversation is just wow!
The way itsuomi handle that situation is so mature and straightforward!!!!
😭👏🏻❤️
Great episode as always!!!!
Itsuomi and Yuki best couple!!!
I love both of them so much!!!❤️
But I like itsuomi more!! 😍❤️
I can't believe the anime adaptation rating is only 8.29 it also deserve as much rating as the manga which is 8.49!
The anime adaptation is just as good as the manga!
But of course the manga is more better cause it got more stuff going on than the anime.
kisaragi_ekiMar 9, 6:19 AM
Mar 9, 6:11 AM

Feb 2021
Madoka's voice being a little off is such a nice detail
Itsu said that they'll save the sleepover for next time, but Yuki still ended up spending the night at his place? I don't get it.
Lmao Itsu talking with Oushi feels really different from usual, it's kinda funny
13:19 (Non-CR subs) This was translated as "No dirty stuff, though.", but it's more like "Don't get any lewd ides", as in "Don't think I'm inviting you to do something lewd".

Holup, Kyoya is Itsu's cousin? I must've forgotten that.
Smol Yuki so cute
The scene where Oushi realized his feeling was really good! I like him much more now. Him and Itsu can actually be really good friends.
Amazing episode.
Shin and Emma next episode yesssss!
Mar 9, 6:25 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Embient
Itsu said that they'll save the sleepover for next time, but Yuki still ended up spending the night at his place? I don't get it.
Lmao Itsu talking with Oushi feels really different from usual, it's kinda funny
13:19 (Non-CR subs) This was translated as "No dirty stuff, though.", but it's more like "Don't get any lewd ides", as in "Don't think I'm inviting you to do something lewd".

Smol Yuki so cute
The scene where Oushi realized his feeling was really good! I like him much more now. Him and Itsu can actually be really good friends.
Amazing episode.
Embient said:

Itsuomi said this is not the real sleepover. The real sleepover they will do it next time.They just spent time together.

Do you get it?
like Yuki already told her mother she going to stay at Rin place but yuki lied to her mother that she stay at Rin place and Yuki actually stay at itsuomi place.

Oh and the real sleepover in the manga is just 😳🥴🔥🔥
You're not ready to see that scene...😩
If that scene ever get animated its going to be pretty spicy...🤭
kisaragi_ekiMar 9, 7:25 AM
Mar 9, 6:27 AM

Mar 2021
Just another fantastic episode Loved the focus on Itsoumi and Oushi this time and i hope eventually Oushi backs off and let's Yuki be happy with Itsoumi.
Mar 9, 6:30 AM
Mar 2022
They skip this wholesome scene 😔💔
kisaragi_ekiMar 9, 6:59 AM
Mar 9, 6:33 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Reecey91
Just another fantastic episode Loved the focus on Itsoumi and Oushi this time and i hope eventually Oushi backs off and let's Yuki be happy with Itsoumi.
@Reecey91
Reecey91 said:
i hope eventually Oushi backs off and let's Yuki be happy with Itsoumi.

Well...😌
Mar 9, 6:42 AM
Aug 2022
She stayed over his house 😏.
Mar 9, 6:43 AM

Apr 2022
nothing like two love rivals lowkey hitting it off at the bar, also over some bread talk. itsuomi really dragged oushi's ass through uni lmao he's built different and i liked their dynamic this episode. he's staying good in my eyes as long as he's not getting in itsuomi's way. more yuki and itsu cuteness over their movie but they're taking it a little easy this time. also yuki's friend madoka is kinda interesting, how she lost her hearing much later in life and still tries to speak. neat touch how her voice is kinda shakey.
Mar 9, 6:45 AM
Jul 2023
Itsuomi continue to be the ideal man, the ways he handle relationship is so mature.
Mar 9, 6:47 AM
Mar 2022
Ricky16 said:
She stayed over his house 😏.

Yay another new art!!
Both of them looks so cute!!!
Itsuomi and Yuki best couple!!! 😭♥️
kisaragi_ekiMar 9, 6:53 AM
Mar 9, 6:54 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to ryzxgum
nothing like two love rivals lowkey hitting it off at the bar, also over some bread talk. itsuomi really dragged oushi's ass through uni lmao he's built different and i liked their dynamic this episode. he's staying good in my eyes as long as he's not getting in itsuomi's way. more yuki and itsu cuteness over their movie but they're taking it a little easy this time. also yuki's friend madoka is kinda interesting, how she lost her hearing much later in life and still tries to speak. neat touch how her voice is kinda shakey.
ryzxgum said:
he's staying good in my eyes as long as he's not getting in itsuomi's way.

Well....🙂😌
kisaragi_ekiMar 9, 7:11 AM
Mar 9, 7:18 AM

Apr 2010
Well the talk between the boys went better than expected, hopefully it stays that way.
Yuki staying over was funny she was full of nerves, it was her first time staying over after all.
Now there is one more obstacle the couple needs to face Emma and i wonder how that will go.
Mar 9, 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
Itsuomi, not wanting to invade on Yuki's privacy of Oushi calling her, she's clearly feeling confused. But other than that, being in his bedroom for the first time just lights her feelings all the more. And Madoka's reply is a green light, even though she has quite a worse condition than Yuki's on her onset hearing loss. But this is the life that Yuki is having, the affections of Itsuomi, but still minding the way he does his kisses and mannerisms, which is wholesomely mature. And Oushi confronting Itsuomi, the battle's going to happen anyways between two udes.

Itsuomi is quite the popular guy in school yet wants to play games with Oushi about Yuki. But clearly, Itsuomi is still not getting what Oushi's words mean, so all things are settled at the bar for some pokes and shiz. But truthfully, Oushi's reason for learning sign language, him seeing his older sister conversing with Yuki, it's like how childhood friends pick up the slack and learnt as time passes, their "secret code" of conversation. And him wanting Itsuomi to break up with Yuki, it's not so simple with mutual interest, and no matter how they'd met in college or not, they'll always fall for each other. And between man to man, Oushi's facade broken in front of Itsuomi, the latter has the confidence to back it up to not disappoint his one and only competition.

Straight to the face Itsuomi.
Mar 9, 7:31 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to KANLen09
Itsuomi, not wanting to invade on Yuki's privacy of Oushi calling her, she's clearly feeling confused. But other than that, being in his bedroom for the first time just lights her feelings all the more. And Madoka's reply is a green light, even though she has quite a worse condition than Yuki's on her onset hearing loss. But this is the life that Yuki is having, the affections of Itsuomi, but still minding the way he does his kisses and mannerisms, which is wholesomely mature. And Oushi confronting Itsuomi, the battle's going to happen anyways between two udes.

Itsuomi is quite the popular guy in school yet wants to play games with Oushi about Yuki. But clearly, Itsuomi is still not getting what Oushi's words mean, so all things are settled at the bar for some pokes and shiz. But truthfully, Oushi's reason for learning sign language, him seeing his older sister conversing with Yuki, it's like how childhood friends pick up the slack and learnt as time passes, their "secret code" of conversation. And him wanting Itsuomi to break up with Yuki, it's not so simple with mutual interest, and no matter how they'd met in college or not, they'll always fall for each other. And between man to man, Oushi's facade broken in front of Itsuomi, the latter has the confidence to back it up to not disappoint his one and only competition.

KANLen09 said:

What do you mean by that?
I don't understand.
Mar 9, 7:35 AM
Jan 2021
I love how this episode makes Oushi more sympathetic than in the manga. The emotions are conveyed incredibly well through the animation, and the new found kinship between Oushi and Itsuomi leaves a lot of room for development. Can’t wait for the next episode!
Mar 9, 7:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ah watching the fireworks together as children a delightful memory. Madoka sure was a bundle of joy. Still talking and signing at the same time showed well Madoka's determination to not forget those skills. Damm that display of Itsu's mastery of languages really was awesome. Lol Oushi's reactions to this. The insight into how Oushi met Yuki back then was pretty insightful. As was the look at Oushi's inner thoughts regarding Yuki as well. Itsu's way of resolving the Oushi situation was simple but ensured that it was resolved without resentment of any kind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 7:49 AM
Oct 2023
It was a great ep. At the time they kissed, it felt like the story was going other way that means they goanna do it, but they didn't. Yuki's reaction to every time Itsuomi shows his affection was KAWAI and at the last, the way Itsuomi helped Oushi sort out his feeling for Yuki, that he loved her was astonishing. Itsuomi and Yuki are great pair but Oushi and Yuki are also great match for each other. I am shipping for Oushi-kun. GAMBARE OUSHI KUN I AM ROOTING FOR YOU.
Mar 9, 7:56 AM

May 2015
I guess Oushi is a bit late to this party, he should have asked out Yuki years ago. If this anime wasn't a shoujo (or not even an anime) I would have expected that sleepover to end in sex, but of course this is not that kind of show; the intentions of the prince-sama should "have to" be pure just like the girl's, his heart chivalrous.
IshitatesoMar 9, 9:55 AM
Mar 9, 8:00 AM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode

i was not a big fan of itsuomi but now is ok. he is a great guy...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 9, 8:21 AM
Sep 2015
Ooooh, a man-to-man talk. Nothing sexual, though.
Mar 9, 8:27 AM
Dec 2020
Loved this episode, aswell as pretty much every other episode, this anime has me on a choke hold.

Great episode for both Itsoumi but especially Oushi. And really wholesome at the start with Itsuomi and Yuki
some people...
Mar 9, 8:29 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to kisaragi_eki
They skip this wholesome scene 😔💔
@kisaragi_eki Thats a shame, would have been cute to see this, but it was a great episode nonetheless!
some people...
Mar 9, 8:46 AM
Aug 2022
I’m not complaining at all I’m glad she’s with Itsu but Idk were the hell the trope of the childhood friend always being rejected came from.

Like I swear every anime with a childhood friend always leads to them being rejected it’s such a random trope 🤣🤣
Mar 9, 9:19 AM
Mar 2020
I don't mind Oushi-kun if his presence doesn't mean bullshit melodrama, and that was much less melodramatic than I expected. How very perceptive of Itsuomi to choose that tactic to draw him out.
Mar 9, 9:28 AM
Feb 2024
I love that he turned off the noise so he could experience what she did when watching movies 🥹 that’s literally adorable (*≧∀≦*)

"You're important to me, so I want to treat you right."
The fact that he loves her and respects her boundaries is something I'll never stop loving about him. He pushes her to try new things but makes sure that she's actually okay with it.
Also love how he lowkey kidnapped Oushi there 😂
Social anxiety is afraid of Itsuomi
Mar 9, 9:39 AM
Sep 2021
really cute episode! I do feel bad for Oushi though. He never could tell Yuki how he truly felt for her. Maybe he will but its probably too late for him now.

Sad to see that we will only have 2 more weeks left of this great anime but it's been a great ride so far!
Mar 9, 9:45 AM
May 2023
Fenyy said:
really cute episode! I do feel bad for Oushi though. He never could tell Yuki how he truly felt for her. Maybe he will but its probably too late for him now.

Sad to see that we will only have 2 more weeks left of this great anime but it's been a great ride so far!

I don’t feel bad for him at all. His first ever sign to yuki was him calling her a fool
Mar 9, 9:47 AM
May 2023
“I dont want to let this guy beat me without a fight” I’m sorry oushi. Pretty sure you were out cold for a while now there
Mar 9, 9:53 AM
Sep 2021
SenshadouOtaku said:
Fenyy said:

I don’t feel bad for him at all. His first ever sign to yuki was him calling her a fool

boys tease the girls they like when they're his age. He made a serious commitment to learn sign which is no easy feat. He didn't learn it out of malice. Sure he teased her a bit but all boys do that at his age. They became really good friends which wouldn't have happened if she felt hurt by it. It wasn't his intention at all to be mean.
Mar 9, 10:06 AM

Dec 2021
I like that people in the show talk about their problems. It took a while with Oshi, but they finally opened up. It's rare to see problems in anime solved by just talking like normal people.

Itsomi is great. I'm glad he tried to understand Oushi, and it's cool how Oushi reacted positively.

Mar 9, 10:07 AM

Oct 2020
Oushi just give up already, it will be better for you.
Mar 9, 10:18 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Oushi again with the "me me me me me" mindset (ーдー) I really dislike this guy. Episode itself wasn't bad though
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Mar 9, 10:31 AM

Feb 2019
An oushi episode finally. About time we got to see his inner thoughts and what makes him tick

First, some more cute Itsuomi and Yuuki moments. “Don’t get so nervous when we’re cuddling” The way Itsuomi holds her hand and kisses her to make her feel at ease 😩. It’s gonna take a while for her to settle in to the relationship so respect to Itsu for taking things slow and making sure she’s comfortable, prioritising her feelings over his desires, opposite of Oushi.

Shin got some good advice from Kyouya. Time to put your feelings first and let Emma know how you feel. She’s fighting a losing battle with Itsuomi anyway. Hopefully he finds his happiness soon, such a kind and genuine guy for not interfering with her crush on Itsuomi for all these years.

And the moment we’ve been waiting for, Itsuomi and Oushi first meeting since Itsu and Yuuki became a couple. “Can we skip all this bullshit” lmaoooo Itsuomi cooked his dumbass. Then, seeing Itsu getting spoken to by everyone on campus had to make Oushi feel even worse. How he gonna get mad after HE approached Itsuomi tho??

Inviting Oushi out for drinks and trying to get to know him outside of his crush on Yuuki was a very mature decision by Itsuomi. Most people wouldn’t handle that nearly as well. “If you Know yourself and your enemy, you have nothing to fear” and all that jazz.

It’s interesting that Yuuki is still this little girl who’s kind of isolated from the world and needs protecting in Oushi’s mind. Sign language was a way for him to feel special because he was one of the only people who could communicate with her. Like he said, it was their “own secret code” seeing Itsuomi come in so quickly and sweep her off her feet and learn it has to cut deep, but in reality his motivations are shallow and selfish. He wants Yuuki to stay in a little bubble rather than grow.

“It wouldn’t matter when or where we met if fall for and choose Yuki anytime” Yea, hate to say it ,Oushi, but it’s over. Let it go lmao

Not the head rub lmaoo getting lil bro’d by your romantic rival is crazy. Poor dude. Made some stupid choices and needs to grow up, but that doesn’t make him a bad person. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes with Yuuki and finds someone who chooses him.
Marinate1016Mar 9, 11:03 AM
Mar 9, 10:39 AM

Mar 2021
Oushi's first words to Yuki were literally "you fool" XD

But actually, in a more typical romance story, Oushi would've ended up with Yuki. What I like about this anime is that it doesn't fall into the typical romance tropes—with Yuki meeting Itsu in college and both open to learning new things (Itsu's already a polyglot and is now learning sign language, Yuki attends college as a deaf person and searches for part-time work so she can travel with Itsu), it shows romance as opening up new doors ^^

Also, it would've been easy for Itsu to just be an antagonist toward Oushi, but it's cool of him to try to get to know Oushi. It's like how Yuki made an effort to meet Shin despite being in an unfamiliar environment and first seeing Shin drunken lol. It shows that Itsu recognizes that, in a weird way, Oushi is an important character in Yuki's life :)
Mar 9, 10:55 AM
Feb 2023
a bromance is born?
Mar 9, 10:57 AM
May 2022
Reply to Embient

Smol Yuki so cute
Amazing episode.
Embient said:
So that´s why her voice sounded weird. She sounded like she had something in her mouth, like she was eating or something, but she hadn´t so I ddin´t know why she was talking like that. Makes sense now.
Mar 9, 11:23 AM
Jul 2022
This episode was so good!!!!! I loved how Itsuomi handles Oushi's feelings about Yuki in such a mature way. I hope they can be friends and Oushi can let Yuki be with Itsuomi and he can be happy with someone else.
Also, I want to know more about Madoka and how she got deaf and how she handled it.
Mar 9, 11:36 AM
Feb 2024
This anime is getting too personal ;-;
Mar 9, 11:58 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to Fenyy
SenshadouOtaku said:
Fenyy said:

boys tease the girls they like when they're his age. He made a serious commitment to learn sign which is no easy feat. He didn't learn it out of malice. Sure he teased her a bit but all boys do that at his age. They became really good friends which wouldn't have happened if she felt hurt by it. It wasn't his intention at all to be mean.
@Fenyy she didn't even consider him a friend at the beginning of the series, she was friends with her sister

boy didn't even have her number...

"boys will be boys" is not an excuse to act as a jerk, especially with someone who probably already felt left out and isolated as a young kid.

it might have not been his intention, but there was no way he was gonna win him over when he kept acting like this for years

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 9, 12:51 PM
Nov 2022
This episode finally ended one of the dramas, this anime is a masterpiece.
Mar 9, 1:00 PM
Oct 2023
this episode showed me once again why i love this story and why it’s so special
what kind of love triangle is that ? i loooove it, itsuomi being himself, not the usual battle between two guys for a girl who doesnt know what to do blabla
Mar 9, 1:08 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode!

Embient said:
Madoka's voice being a little off is such a nice detail...

Cannot agree more.

Itsuomi and Yuki are a nice couple. It is easy to picture them married, with children of their own, happy and loving each other.

Is Oushi fighting the Universe? Hope him to not go Faust's way...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 9, 1:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man, pure banger of an episode right here. I really liked the things related to being deaf in this one, first one being where Itsuomi watched the movie muted with subtitles, I have a lot of respect for that because I feel sound adds so much but to sacrifice it to have a similar experience to Yuki’s is very nice, and there was also the video call with Yuki’s deaf friend who actually became deaf later in life and continues to speak so she doesn’t forget how, and that right there is very sad but once again mad respect, that is a great fear of mine but I feel that I also wouldn’t want to forget speaking. I also gotta commend the VA there because I’m not sure how accurate it is but it sounded convincing to me.

And of course Oushi’s whole bit in this episode was heavily related with how he viewed sign language, it was like his own little thing with Yuki and Itsuomi invading that explains why he’s been feeling this way, gotta say Itsuomi was pretty funny with how forceful he was with Oushi tho lol, and of course by the end Oushi even seemed to be buds with Itsuomi, man has that natural gravitational pull. I’ll say tho, I don’t believe in fate so I’m not sure if Itsuomi is right that he would fall for Yuki every time but it was a very romantic thing to say so I did like that line, but I also respect Oushi’s newfound fire to come for Yuki if Itsuomi screws up, I doubt he will but I like this outcome, maybe it’s not good for folks that don’t want a love triangle tho lol. Definitely looking forward to seeing where things go between Itsuomi and Oushi from here, it’s just too bad there’s only two episodes left of this great show.
Mar 9, 1:16 PM

Feb 2021
What a sad episode! I really hope that in the manga Yuki and Oshi will be together!!

Poor Oshi, he doesn't deserve all that happened to him!!

Mar 9, 1:32 PM
May 2018
Oushi's face is perfect. Dude just accepted his fate, lol

Mar 9, 1:51 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to maarda
Oushi's face is perfect. Dude just accepted his fate, lol

@maarda, for BL relationship, yes.

I hope that he will be with Yuki!!
Mar 9, 2:03 PM
Oct 2023
This was a 10/10 episode.
Mar 9, 2:15 PM

Sep 2018
Dude really cried on the chest of his crushes boyfriend, you cannot be serious lol, two more episodes of this cheesy artificial romance, I hope it doesn't get another season, so Ajia-do can work on better projects in the future.
Mar 9, 2:31 PM

Sep 2017
Itsuomi is the ultimate gigachad bf. But only in the non toxic sense. The cuck lord himself Oushi has been dealt with. I hope Emma finds out before this season ends.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

140 by KandyJar »»
May 21, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

127 by Phixiately »»
May 18, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

196 by Hachimitsuchan »»
May 14, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
May 11, 7:24 AM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.