Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 19, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
I admire Usato's work ethic but it seems they're putting him into harder training than anyone else in the show at the moment. Then again, it's important for his survival.

Compare to the first two episodes, this one took a darker tone as Usato discovered dead beasts in his adventures. Tbh, this episode had more survival elements than fantasy adventure. Usato had to fight a giant snake just to survive. I guess this show did want to be serious after all. First two episodes were almost comical but this one hits different.
Jan 19, 8:25 AM

Dec 2021
Why not give healing the bears a shot? It hasn't been that long, has it?

Thrown into Lyngle's Darkness, where monsters roam by Rose, Usato begins a survival journey to hunt the Grand Grizzly as a trial. Initially overwhelmed by the Grand Grizzly, Usato gradually develops an attachment through continued observation. A few days later, with determination, Usato heads to defeat the Grand Grizzly, only to witness a gruesome scene; they were already defeated by a huge snake.

I was half-expecting the bunny to end up as lunch. I just feel like more people should go through the process of growing and killing their own food to truly appreciate it. As for Usato's actions, well, I think he's being a bit silly, but it's kind of what any regular person might do. It makes me wonder, though, shouldn't there be some sort of reward for Usato in this whole scheme? He's this outsider in the kingdom, yet he's stuck doing grunt work. The training seems all about punishment, with no silver lining. And to top it off, even his food gets swiped occasionally.

Can we just cut my man Usato some slack from this never-ending hell?

Jan 19, 8:46 AM

Apr 2022
Well I'll be damned, that was a way quicker find than expected

good aim, I guess?
Jan 19, 9:14 AM

Oct 2017
Damn that fight looked painful but Rose came to the rescue. He almost had it though. The grizzly cub and the rabbit are both so adorable. Glad we'll get more of them. Also the demons are here, a thicc one at that.
Jan 19, 9:46 AM
Sep 2015
The orphan bear is so sad.
Jan 19, 10:14 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Hm yeah best episode so far, but way too dark for this kind of isekai.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 19, 10:31 AM

Mar 2013
That rabbit is so adorable...
I laughed so hard when it was so proud while on top of Rose. That's so cute... >_<

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 19, 10:36 AM

Apr 2011
Quite surprised though. If it's Roses pet I would expect tiger or something. Certainly not cute bunny.
Jan 19, 10:37 AM

Jul 2019
Cute pet - Acquired ✅
Jan 19, 10:40 AM
Sep 2016
Ah, so that's why the rabbit's there... Frankly, I didn't even remember there's a rabbit in the manga (I didn't read the LN). Blu, however, is the best boi of the series.

PS: Everytime I see the black knight looking menacing in the OP, I chuckled....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 19, 11:00 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The smugness killed me, you go, rabbit!
Jan 19, 11:03 AM

Dec 2022
well he almost managed to kill the snake also he gained a friend
Jan 19, 11:14 AM
Feb 2022
With every new episode I like rose more and more. Now she has a super cute and smug rabbit companion I don’t know how she can be beaten for best girl of the season
Jan 19, 11:32 AM

Feb 2019
Woah what an episode, Usato was thrown to the wolves and managed to come out alive. He’s ready to take his place on the battlefield.

Training for battle is one thing, but nothing will prepare you like an actual life or death situation. For having never been in one before, Usato handled the snake fight as well as possible. From tracking it down, to reading and analysing the snake’s movements, his training with Rose has really paid off. I mean like he said, if you survive daily training with Rose, nothing should scare you lol

Fight was actually really brutal too. I wasn’t expecting this series to have as much blood splatter and gore as this episode had. The snake biting down on Usato’s arm was hard to watch! Luckily his healing magic came in clutch and he was able to stab his way out of there.

Rose coming in clutch to save Usato at the end was cool. Probably a good idea to not shout out insults about the person you need to save you, though 😂 no sleep for him tonight. But he does gain a new pet companion which every isekai needs.

The demon lord being on the move finally means that the story is probably gonna pick up from here on out. I’ve enjoyed seeing Usato learn to fight and handle himself, can’t wait to see everyone in a real battle
Marinate1016Jan 19, 11:38 AM
Jan 19, 11:33 AM

Aug 2021
Kukuru best wingman, also, Bluey finally joins the gang, I was really looking forward to it, Usato with Bluey are such a cute duo
Jan 19, 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
What was this pokemon episode lol. Heal a random animal, have it follow you and understand your language lol. I always hate it when it happens in anime.

The river water part was interesting.

That giant snake reminded me of Sekiro lol.

Also not sure if a normal high schooler like him knows to leave marks on the trees in order to count days.

"There's nothing scarier than Rose" lol

The fight against snake was awesome, I liked every moment of it...

Lol, forget what I said in the beginning, the rabbit was a bait lol. It got me, ngl. Damn this makes this episode all the better.

Hahaha Rose carrying everyone in her one hand is too funny.
HirugikuJan 19, 12:08 PM
Jan 19, 12:24 PM
Mar 2023
Guys, I highly recommend this anime! It started off as a big debut and so far it's been great. Watch and then thank me!
Jan 19, 1:04 PM

Jun 2023
Couldn't usato just heal the bear?
Also worth mentioning: He almost killed that snake.

But most importantly: Cute pet (saved the series)
Jan 19, 1:10 PM
Aug 2020
i'm lovin it more and more

it was a great episode

the animation is good

things are getting more serious on the next episode...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 19, 1:19 PM

Jun 2023
Poor cub. The smug rabbit is a great addition haha
Jan 19, 2:12 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Forphy

@Forphy He said he would, but he completely run out of juice healing himself from snake poison.
Jan 19, 2:50 PM

Apr 2021
Wow the DUB was better than the SUB
I didn’t see that coming
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 19, 2:59 PM
Jun 2019
Really didn't expect this episode to be this good, wow
Jan 19, 3:46 PM

Mar 2007
That time I got yeeted by my muscle mommy trainer for a quest to kill a giant Grizzly, only to have that poor bear family killed by a snake! The rabbit was a spy, I knew it was too convenient! And he almost killed the giant snake too, showing all his training is yielding results. I am happy to see him getting a companion bear cub that is already big enough to carry him, when it's just a baby.
Stormy_77Jan 19, 4:25 PM
Jan 19, 4:49 PM

Feb 2019
don't worry, usato, you weren't the only one fooled by that usagi! lol but look at you, you got an even better familiar pet! lol
Jan 19, 5:18 PM
Dec 2011

Where'd he get bread after 10 days in the forest?
Jan 19, 5:31 PM
Aug 2022
I genuinely didn't see the snake killing off the bear coming, that was unexpected, heartbreaking and a great motivator!

My silly headcanon is that when she tells them at the end "Don't think you're getting any sleep tonight" she was actually impressed with him so she's gonna fuck him till he can't go on anymore lol.

I'm excited to see what the blue grizzly cub adds to the show, it's so cute!

Jan 19, 5:43 PM

Oct 2021
Still don't understand about the meaning of the "wrong" part in the title.
Jan 19, 6:05 PM

Sep 2023
MC training is paying off, he can outrun bears now! I guess they can talk to animals, is that unique to healers?

UmptyMaDoo said:
Where'd he get bread after 10 days in the forest?

He was catapulted in the forest with a bunch of bread, he must have rationed it.

Jan 19, 6:22 PM

Nov 2013
- that's a cute rabbit lol didn't expect it to be Rose's familiar
- damn that snake was scary, it totally obliterated the 3 bears, rip
- mc actually beat it with a little help from the blue bear, nice
- or not, it was still moving, but Rose saved the day (i mean she was waiting for a dangerous moment even against the bears)
- waaa Rose is strong , picking mc and bear like it's nothing lmao and ofc, she wasn't too happy being called an ogre, rip mc hahaha
- demon army is ready, time to fight
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 19, 7:14 PM

Nov 2021
This anime is surprisingly good I really enjoyed this episode. I really thought he would try to heal the bears though 😭😭😭
Jan 19, 7:29 PM
Apr 2023
Nice we're finally past the 'survival training' phase. I guess it's probably better for a 'healer' soldier to kill most of the enemies in the battlefield so that less allies will need to be healed.
Jan 19, 8:57 PM

May 2019
When Usato's classmates couldn't find Rose I figured she wouldn't be too far from him to keep an eye out and she came in to save the day right in the nick of time. However, I was surprised that the black rabbit was her pet as I actually thought it was a wild animal but thinking back it makes more sense it belonged to a human since it knew what Usato was saying.

Anyway, looks like we'll be getting more action with the demon king's army attacking, with a thicc leader.
Jan 19, 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
Interesting, gonna follow this one to the end.
Jan 19, 10:31 PM

Jun 2009
Reply to Forphy

@Forphy this. Smug look of superiority of the bunny made me laugh out loud scaring the crap out of my family.
Jan 20, 1:34 AM
Apr 2021
Holy this is actually a really good Isekai usually they’re trashy and some are good and this one might just be gold bc this episode was pretty good and it was funny too

When Rose came outta nowhere from the sky and stomped out the snake in slow motion gave me goosebumps a little bit bc that shit was COLDDDDD😭😩🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jan 20, 3:45 AM

Jul 2011
This ep was.. ok I guess.

Pros:
1. Nothing too cringy happened.

Cons:
1. Lots of still frames were used and it was noticeable.
2. Why it is so hard to make a good isekai/fantasy without effin' magical creature companions/familiars ? :S
Jan 20, 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
The MC should start punching things.

Really.

Seems like he doesn't grasp how strong he is. Straight up destroyed that snakes skull. If he ups his hand-to-hand combat he could just become Saitama v2.
Jan 20, 6:25 AM

Jun 2016
damn yoo rose is gigachad alpha female !!!

i want her to crush me so badly..
Jan 20, 8:06 AM
Feb 2023
Episode 3 make me interesting

best development chara for Ken Usato

Voila, chef kiss
Jan 20, 9:11 AM
Jul 2015
First episode looked like it could be decent, second was soso, third made it clear it's a generic pile of crap.
Jan 20, 11:07 AM
Oct 2020
Finally a good isekai^^ Never thought I would Like it that much, but it's definitely an enjoyable Experience so far.
Jan 20, 4:48 PM

Jul 2022
This one's my favorite for the Winter season. Loving the character design and expressions, and I'm a sucker for the friendly animal pals. Somebody pointed out the "still" scenes cutting corners with animation, but it works for me, only a little distracting during the wandering/exploring the forest montage. Can't wait for some battle action, the next few episodes will be too short.
Jan 21, 12:07 AM
Aug 2021
efwrwrwrrfwerffe
Jan 21, 1:24 AM

Jan 2014
All of this is training btw. Rose doesn't hold back on Usato. But this will help him in the upcoming battle a lot.
Jan 21, 10:59 AM

Nov 2022
The amazing episode aside, it was really sad seeing the little bear realize what has happened to his family T_T I'm glad he'll become Usato's pet tho.

And boy the bunny was so kawaii! ^.^ Must protecc him and the bear at all costs!
Jan 21, 1:04 PM
Feb 2022
The training arc looks good so far. The only real dumb thing was the old "Force my apprentice into a situation where failing means death with no chance of help" training thing. Yes I mean the yeeting. Though it was done in a entertaining way so I don't mind it at all here.

Anyway no annoying characters, world mechanics or plot points so far which is rare indead. I like what I see.
Jan 21, 5:50 PM

Sep 2013
This is turning out to be a good isekai without the bad tropes that normally accompanies this type of show. Like that they are taking their time with the training
sic mundus
Jan 22, 1:19 AM

Feb 2018
Sheesh Rose did the "Stand proud, you're strong" thang lmao.

Looks like a fight is coming up too, gotta see how that'll go.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 22, 1:46 AM

Dec 2015
who is playing the demon lord in the final scene? he isn't listed in the MAL Staff and Cast section. voice does sound familiar, could it be Junichi Suwabe?
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

68 by RicFie »»
May 26, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5

140 by ALUCARD47 »»
May 26, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

58 by Ayano_Kuma »»
May 25, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

107 by callmethebigG »»
May 24, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8

68 by G_Spark233 »»
May 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.