Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 25, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Even though this is the season fianle, there were still plenty of case solving segments and analysis.

I must say, Toto has truly grown out of his comic self and became a capable detective. He's matured this season and showed what he's capable of this episode. This was a bittersweet case imo.

To be continued...

Season 2 confirmed

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-12-25/ron-kamonohashi-forbidden-deductions-anime-confirms-2nd-season/.205933
Stark700Dec 25, 2023 6:03 AM

Dec 2021
The pacing in this episode just felt off. It seemed rushed, and as a result, it didn't feel as satisfying as some of the other cases imo.

Toto uncovers the truth of the case in front of the villagers. The presented evidence makes the culprit admit their guilt, but Toto believes that there is still a mystery considering the motive. Thus, Ron, Toto, and Spitz join forces to unravel this final mystery.

I can't help but wonder how an old man could manage to take down someone in their prime with a fatal strangling. The thought that the academy might be tied to the criminal organization keeps popping into my head, especially if Ron is somehow involved. It's pretty brutal, but there's a harsh logic to it that's hard to ignore—they're even okay with killing children. If they were working together, I'd definitely spill the details on Ron's case. And speaking of Ron, we finally know how he got that "disease." It's a great cliffhanger that's got me hooked, but man, it's also a bit frustrating not knowing everything just yet.

Luckily, we won't be left hanging for too much longer because the second season is on its way. It's going to clear up all the questions the finale left us with.

It's an alright detective anime. I think it could have been much better if they hadn't wasted so much time on those filler cases.

Jul 2017
Continuing with the Yadagami-sama murder case, Toto has ascertained the sequence of events...to rule the Mayor as the main culprit. Considering the irrefutable evidence on site, he eventually confesses to the act of killing the government official...and Ron's usual sleuthing is back for Toto to stop him and save the mayor, with Spitz's older brother's help from a falling cliff, which both detectives noticed at the start. The dam construction, only hastened by the fact that he was targeted by a group, which then relayed to the official (which the mayor took his hands on the murder)...truth be told, his situation is dangerous enough that he has to go into hiding, and he eventually oversaw the entire operation to deem himself as a criminal liable for arrest. But in retrospect, it's the mayor protecting Mii's feelings for Spitz's older brother, and to both Toto and Ron, their case is resolved.

Back in BLUE, Spitz was so close to getting Ron's file that is with the principal, and her request to said professor to relay to Ron (and coincidentally both Toto and Spitz), it's a coded message. Turns out, the Bloody Training Incident while not being Ron's fault, he was the scapegoat that had all of the information erased unknowingly, the incident that happened 5 years ago, along with the mark that was on his neck, there is only one enemy: the House of Moriarty. The principal has hopes that Ron and his new assistants can help crack the case and reinstate his detective license, but going around to solve cases involved with them is a matter easier said than done that ends in mysterious deaths, other than BLUE having a spy from within. Despite that, they're willing to go to lengths to take the family down.

To the House of M, they're testing if Ron has any value to them to be part of the family, but having the blood of Sherlock Holmes meant that he will always remain their enemy. With that, the House of M sending their 4th born Winter to Japan to rout out Ron, this is the start of their despair offenses on him.

As expected, this story is to be continued in Season 2...though when that does come, no one knows yet.

As a detective-themed story, I'm just disappointed that Akira Amaro has fallen this low.
How will things look like in the future? Ony time will tell.
KANLen09Dec 25, 2023 7:55 AM
Dec 25, 2023 7:55 AM
Sep 2021
Interesting plot & characters & good mystery cases. Excited for more.
Dec 25, 2023 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
The answer to the case was pretty simple. Spitz's brother is fine and doing well too. Good to have Spitz onboard. Also things are just heating up as it seems like this is getting to the main plot. Gotta wait for s2 for that though.
Dec 25, 2023 8:34 AM
Aug 2020
once again it was not hard to find the culprit...

i hope that it was be less obvious for the S2...

it was not a bad a episode,we know more things now
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 25, 2023 8:44 AM

Oct 2011
i wanted to read the manga due to akira amano reborn fame but i found it boring and a drag to read

so i instead switched to the anime adaption and yeah well i find it lacking and unispiring so far

maybe s2 gets better and with more complex cases

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Dec 25, 2023 9:08 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Merry Christmas fellow MAL dwellers, it’s nice having some shows to watch on Christmas, and this was a good final episode. I was really lost with this case on how it could have been done, but Ron and Toto made quick work of this one, and in the process ended up finding Spitz’ brother and uncovered why he’s been hiding this whole time, as well as the fact he and Mii are in love, that’s nice I guess lol. I gotta say tho I think this case was my least favorite of the show, it seemed like there was even less room for the case to breath than usual, but I get they gotta set up what’s to come too.

And the teasing of the next season was interesting, so the principal of Blue is actually an ally and informed Ron and the gang of the true villains behind everything, being the House of Moriarty, which we already knew but it was cool seeing Ron’s reaction, he’s fired up which I like to see. And ending on teasing the upcoming villains was cool as well, these folks do seem a bit fucked in the head, maybes besides Winter, but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what they plan against Ron because Season 2 was announced within the episode which I was very happy to see, mainly because this finale felt like a “just the beginning” kinda thing so having that confirmation puts me at ease.

And that was the end, I’m really gonna miss seeing Ron and Toto solve cases on my Mondays. It was quite the fun show with some interesting cases, only issue I really had tho was that despite Toto being the detective it was really Ron solving everything lol, Toto did get a bit better by the end tho, and we’ll probably see him get better next season too. The other thing that was cool was the unique aspect that Ron forced the culprits to die using some mysterious power, only thing is tho was that all it took to stop it was Toto intervening, I feel like they could have done more with it but perhaps there’s more we haven’t seen yet, maybe Toto will fail to save the culprit at some point like what we nearly saw in the finale. And I really loved the OP and ED for this show, mainly the ED, that was perhaps one of my favorite EDs of the fall season. And since we got a Season 2 announcement, I’ll be waiting patiently for that, as well as hope for some good mystery anime to come next year.
Dec 25, 2023 10:14 AM
Oct 2017
Decent show but I'm not sure I'll be back for S2. Toto was once again slow on the trigger while Ron was doing his suicide speech. Even the granddaughter, Mii, barely reacted.
Dec 25, 2023 10:53 AM

Jun 2021
ProtectThePaint said:
Decent show but I'm not sure I'll be back for S2. Toto was once again slow on the trigger while Ron was doing his suicide speech. Even the granddaughter, Mii, barely reacted.

Agree on that late reaction part, kinda annoying to see that EVERY time Ron's in a trance. But I'll still be back for S2
Dec 25, 2023 11:25 AM

Oct 2009
While the episode and the series are overall fun (and yes I realise this isn't a new development), I do wish we could have a detective series that didn't try to link back to Sherlock Holmes. Especially when this one already has its own weird/unique setup with the academy and Ron's "hypnotism", whatever that is - just go with that instead of dragging that classic into the millionth thing.
Dec 25, 2023 11:29 AM
Dec 2023
I can't wait to see next episode 🤩
Dec 25, 2023 11:32 AM
Apr 2022
Waiting for more forbidden deductions in Season 2.
Dec 25, 2023 12:20 PM

Mar 2012
Weak ending.
Surprised this bland show got S2.

Novelty wore off fast and not only the show didn't manage to make interesting cases, but they threw this amalgamation of "our genius is the descendant of the two most successfull masterminds in detective history" without nothing to tell.
But well, is always said that a character is as inteligent as the one writing it so can't blame him for setting a bar too high and failing.
Waifus only represent ideals
Dec 25, 2023 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
An interesting trick. Happy for Spitz's brother Mii but Gramps taking it in his own hands to make sure she's happy is kinda sad.

Considering he didn't even want Ron or his brother to know it has to be the House of M.

Good cases all round but I'm more interested in seeing how Ron faces off with the House of M. No wonder they have him killing people after solving a case.

It's as if he has been fused with the traits of both his bloodlines. One to solve the case and one to commit a crime to punch the culprit.

He should probably call that power of his Crime and Punishment before he gets it fixed.

All jokes aside. Still curious how the heck his parents got together though. Hopefully we see them in the next season
Dec 25, 2023 1:00 PM
Apr 2013
I love mystery shows and was glad to watch this show. I like how clues were laid out for us viewers, and there was some funny bits littered throughout, too. Can't wait until the second season because the stakes are getting higher and higher.
Dec 25, 2023 1:01 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode! Waiting for the season 2!
Dec 25, 2023 1:49 PM
Nov 2018
I absolutely enjoy this show. Reminded me so much of Case Closed. Ron is Conan, and Toto would be Detective Moore. Except for you don't need the sleeping detective routine.

The only thing I really didn't like was that they gave away the big villains' identity at the end. That takes out all the suspense the show had building for me.
Dec 25, 2023 2:23 PM
Aug 2022
Great finale which set up well for season 2, I’m excited too see more of Toto and Ron’s bromance as they solve more cases.
Dec 25, 2023 2:31 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Moppit
I absolutely enjoy this show. Reminded me so much of Case Closed. Ron is Conan, and Toto would be Detective Moore. Except for you don't need the sleeping detective routine.

The only thing I really didn't like was that they gave away the big villains' identity at the end. That takes out all the suspense the show had building for me.
@Moppit, Conan is much better! Still this series is also amazing! I like it so much!
Dec 25, 2023 2:53 PM

Aug 2011
Seeing that it said "1st season" on the visual before the show aired that I knew that a 2nd season was planned from the start. And this season ended with a lot of intrigue here as Ron is both a Holmes and a Moriarty. It's pretty well known that Sherlock Holmes and James Moriarty are enemies, and the murderous intent comes from his Moriarty bloodline. Definitely something worth looking forward to.
Dec 25, 2023 3:01 PM
Nov 2018
Memore said:
@Moppit, Conan is much better! Still this series is also amazing! I like it so much!

I like Conan a lot better also. Just saying I get similar vibes from it.
Dec 25, 2023 3:28 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to ProtectThePaint
@ProtectThePaint Although it is annoying, this is a convention of the genre, just like in
Detective Conan, the people around him do not notice that the sleeping person does not open his mouth or move his lips when talking. :)
Dec 25, 2023 3:39 PM

Jan 2021
I'm surprised Ron never considered he might be from the house of M
Dec 25, 2023 4:29 PM

Sep 2018
Well, my theory on that last case was way off! Didn't get a single thing correct, ahah.

It's a bit of a pet peeve how easily Toto is able to stop the murderers from offing themselves – it's like the "Swiper no swiping" in Dora The Explorer... Why is Ron banned from sleuthing when the spell is so weak it can literally be undone with whatever is convenient for the plot on the case at hand? Although now that we know the principal of BLUE is an ally, I suppose it could have been done to keep Ron safe and preserve his skills by forbidding him from doing detective work.

Overall I did enjoy this anime though! The mystery aspect was a lot of fun, although I would've loved for the smaller cases to be more participatory for the viewer. In addition, as someone who recently watched Yuukoku no Moriarty, seeing the Sherlock/Moriarty parallels has been a nice treat too! But my absolute favorite thing ended up being the one I originally started the show for: a deranged yet cool detective MC played by one of my favorite seiyuus. (๑>؂ •̀๑)
Dec 25, 2023 4:30 PM

Dec 2018
So, the principal was actually on the good side after all. Hope for a season 2.
Dec 25, 2023 5:15 PM

Sep 2018
Incredibly dull buddy cop show that barely touches into it's overarching narrative. 4/10.
Dec 25, 2023 5:20 PM

Mar 2007
Good resolution to the case (even though I figured out it was probably the Mayor).

The message from the principal was a nice touch also.

The post credits bit was just Chef's Kiss. Now THAT is how you end a season while teasing the 2nd season!

All I can think about is how TF did descendants from two warring families end up having baby Ron? That's some f'd up Romeo and Juliet story right there, and Ron has the blood of both families, making him possibly the most dangerous and smartest one? Just thinking of the possibilities makes me rub my hands in glee, in anticipation of S2.
Dec 25, 2023 5:28 PM

Apr 2022
sherlock's descendant huh. one of biggest disappointing mystery shows in recent times but i'll give s2 a chance anyway and if it doesn't improve then i'll drop it there. need more answers about this mf's geass.
Dec 25, 2023 6:02 PM

Mar 2019
Can I say that I thought the story of this anime was very bad, that the characters were all very boring and that the mysteries were sillier than those in Scooby-doo without being insulted for free? lol ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Dec 25, 2023 7:00 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Stark700
Even though this is the season fianle, there were still plenty of case solving segments and analysis.

I must say, Toto has truly grown out of his comic self and became a capable detective. He's matured this season and showed what he's capable of this episode. This was a bittersweet case imo.

To be continued...

Season 2 confirmed

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-12-25/ron-kamonohashi-forbidden-deductions-anime-confirms-2nd-season/.205933
this anime is very good.
Dec 25, 2023 11:04 PM

Apr 2015
Eh didn't care about the case, pretty lackluster all around. I'm mostly curious about learning more about the characters in the House of M, so I'll be sticking around for Season 2. Overall quite a disappointing show for me tbh. I'm really not a fan of the genius MC/ditzy deuteragonist dynamic and the mystery cases were handled badly with the dumb crime motivations and nonsensical character actions. I expected more from the author of KHR but oh well.
If I have to say something positive about the show though, I liked the humor for the most part - Ron's stupid, random antics carried this show for me. Spitz's character was also a surprise, I didn't think I'd like him at all from his first appearance yet here we are. The trio's friendship is nice to see, looking forward to seeing how they'll face off against the House of M in the sequel.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 25, 2023 11:34 PM

Mar 2011
I feel like the Tatami mat just falling back into place upon someone opening the door would NOT work. Also that’s something all Detective animes I’ve watched so far are guilty of… Culprits never really try to defend themselves/deny it. These are not solid proves to charge them guilty. I think Ron is a genius solving these cases but there is always at least one step missing for the conclusion or something I would say if I was the culprit. But in that case it’s at least a little understandable because of Miiya and Spitz’ brother but still…

Also at this point it’s a little ridiculous that NO ONE… not a single person witnessing the guy willing to jump to death doing absolutely nothing. I get it’s surprising if you see this for the first time, but come on! They really just try to find a reason to make Tototo more useful. It would be interesting if Ron’s trick would mess with the others around him too and Tototo would be the only one immune to it but this was it’s almost annoying.

Compared to the manga I felt the resemblance between Spitz and his brother more in the anime. What this anime does well is tying the cases together or rather tying them together with Ron and his background. While not all cases do that (or could do it) I feel it makes it very entertaining to watch and see the events gradually unfold. So it almost never feels like boring or unnecessary. Not saying all cases are equally good but I feel like it’s important for a Detective series that uses and will use repetitive methods.

My favorite moment of the show: when Spitz told Ron about the file not being there he fell while his cat was still casually sleeping between the space of his legs. Like sometimes you really have to pay attention to get the jokes but they are so absolutely worth it (or I’m just used to situational comedic parts due to watching too many K-Dramas). I had to replay this several times because it was perfect.

Can I just mention how they did not only nail Ron’s voice with his VA but also Mylo’s *-*? Also music and animation for this episode were at their prime peak.

As for the ending I think it was perfect. Seeing some lose ties but already knowing in what way they are tied to Ron, yet still leaving many questions open regarding him, the M. Family and BLUE (for example who the mole/s is/are). They couldn’t have done a better job. So as far as for pacing the anime adaptation did an amazing job. Ha ha, I can only say this because I saw the notification for the 2nd season which by the way made me really happy. I can’t wait for more <3. Despite the criticism I had this might be my favorite anime of this season. Although I haven’t decided on my final rating yet. But I’m really glad I watched it and I feel like this anime is much too underrated.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Dec 25, 2023 11:42 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Moppit
Memore said:

I like Conan a lot better also. Just saying I get similar vibes from it.
@Moppit, yes, me too.
Dec 26, 2023 2:57 AM
Apr 2021
Yeah I definitely can’t wait for season 2 I really wanna see how The House of M works and shit

I see ppl complaint about Toto’s late reaction every time Ron makes a suspect commit suicide but I kinda like seeing the suspense of them about to actually kill themselves idk it’s just cool to me to see Ron’s powers do it’s thing yk

I LOVE how Moriarty’s voice actor is voiced by the same guy who voices Yukihira Soma and Bell Cranel it’s so hype hearing him take on a villain role😩🔥🔥🔥🔥😮‍💨

The cases weren’t too complex like some Detective Conan cases but it was still fun to solve the murders I’m hoping they’re a little more complex and hard to figure out in the next season🙌🏽🔥
Dec 26, 2023 4:57 AM

Mar 2013
A very wholesome series but it's getting darker.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 26, 2023 5:39 AM
Apr 2020
Im so disappointed, they end the show with tototo being so dumb, it makes me not want to watch the s2.

Dec 26, 2023 7:58 AM

Mar 2012
This anime was average at best. The whole thing with Ron's glowing eyes forcing the criminal to die is the most stupidest thing.
Dec 26, 2023 10:11 AM

May 2020
Everything about this case screamed lame from the very first minute, but then this conclusion.. can't even laugh honestly. Failed to see what was the "MYSTERY" here.

Also lmaoooo, his brother just came before him after well over a decade and they shrugged off that matter with, "Someone was after me so I was left with no choice, and hence disappeared"... really?? 

Anyways, it has been a disappointing series overall. I really love these kinds of shows, but there was nothing about this series to love, and moreover the way every next character looks like someone straight out of kpop makes this even more frustrating.
Dec 26, 2023 12:22 PM

Feb 2019
So it was the mayor after all! No shock there. Think the last few cases have been a little too obvious. Undead girl murder farce which was the best mystery show this year, had so many twists in turns in the cases. These in this show just feel like a plot device for Ron and Toto to bond.

Speaking of which, why was Toto so slow to react to save the old man. He should know by now that after every case Ron will go into a trance. Should’ve been right next to the mayor lol.

Worked out in the end and gave us an opportunity to see Spitz brother. I figured he was still alive when I didn’t see a body last week. I wonder who he pissed off to come after him like that. The mayor took the fall, but Spitz brother got a happy ending in the end lol.

Finally they set up a direct house of M conflict. I’m excited for season 2 to see a direct confrontation with Winter and Ron. The separate cases were cool, but that’s what I’m most looking forward to.
Marinate1016Dec 26, 2023 12:28 PM
Dec 26, 2023 6:53 PM
May 2022
Well the fact that I’m a bit disappointed isn’t exactly surprising because I fell off the manga about 50 or so chapters in. If they picked up the pace they could have ended on a better note but as it stands it was a bit weak. The humor was intact but I was pretty bored watching this week to week. I think the mystery/detective genre like this might just not be for me in general.
Dec 26, 2023 10:53 PM

May 2019
Regarding this episode, I was wrong on the suspect and Spitz's brother as I thought he was dead. I do find it hard to believe that the mayor was able to murder that surveyor guy alone though but there didn't seem to be any more suspects. I am intrigued about why Spitz's brother was in hiding and for now I'm thinking he knows something regarding House of M.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear a 2nd season has been announced as I will watch it and I think the story will really pick up with Ron's half siblings. While I've only watched a couple of mystery-themed animes I thought this one was good. 7/10
Dec 27, 2023 1:24 AM

Dec 2018
Not a great ending, but still watchable... It's a miracle it got season 2... Maybe because the studio got nothing much to do and decided to continue the series.
The old man is still strong to manage to kill the younger man by using that method........
I thought Fritz is going to get kill.... glad he's alive...

Dec 27, 2023 4:18 PM

Oct 2019
Not sure I'm going to watch the next season of this. The plot holes and character inconsistencies are too strong and many to suspend my disbelief, and time is precious to waste on mediocre anime.

Even many deductions and crime resolutions made little to no sense. I rate it 6/10 and I think I'm being generous.
Dec 28, 2023 10:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last episode to close the season, and the truth appears with surprises...
although the best appears after the ending included a second season confirmed!!!

6/10

kekeke
Dec 29, 2023 1:04 AM
Nov 2022
how good is this ?...
Dec 29, 2023 2:47 AM
Dec 2023
probably the most entertaining anime i have watched in awhile
Dec 31, 2023 1:23 PM

Jul 2011
They're aiming for season 2 I suppose..
Dec 31, 2023 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
A very "it's fine" adaptation. I'm mostly disappointed with poor pacing and hopefully season 2 fixes this
Jan 4, 7:35 AM
Mar 2021
Both of the families are born enemy and someone from both of the families decided to have friendly meeting 🙂🙂thus resulting Ron 🤦🤦suddenly i remember a sentence from the starting episodes "it's as if he can understand the criminal's mind" and things kinda make sense now
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2023

25 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2023

38 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2023

54 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

70 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

38 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 30, 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.