Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 28, 2023 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
This episode goes to show how much Komari cares about Villhaze. Sure, the latter might annoy her a bit but deep down, she really does care.

Hell of an episode though. Komari shouldn't be underestimated for her determination. Against someone like Millicent, she fought the hardest she could. That awakening is some next level stuff.
Oct 28, 2023 6:59 AM

Jan 2018
Komari cooked this episode let's gooooo. Banger episode.
Oct 28, 2023 7:05 AM

Feb 2020
What an awesome episode. Nice job, Komari.
Oct 28, 2023 7:28 AM
Dec 2018
this episode is very amazing i Verry Amaze went watch it
Oct 28, 2023 7:41 AM

Feb 2022
How can this Anime just have such a low rating? This episode blow minds! The animation much better than The Eminence in Shadows Season 2, which has a 8,7 rating. With every episode it becomes better and better!
Oct 28, 2023 7:46 AM

Apr 2010
So she turns into a beast when she drinks blood and she doesn't need much blood for that to happen.
Well it's nice that one enemy is gone but what will be the next thing she will have to deal with, hopefully not another maniac like this one.
For now we learned a lot about the past, the question is will the past keep haunting her.
Oct 28, 2023 7:51 AM

Mar 2021
Simply an amazing episode it was so satisfying seeing Komari take down that bitch Millicent
Oct 28, 2023 7:54 AM
May 2014
Terakomari went "Release restraint level 1" Alucard like on her ass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2023 7:55 AM
Sep 2015
What about Komari's father falsely accuse Millicent's father of treason? I think there should be some kind of consequence here, surely Komari's family's not gonna get away with it just because Komari is the protagonist?
Oct 28, 2023 8:03 AM

Oct 2007
that was a deliciously violent fight. Komari prove to her men that she is indeed strong!

looking forward to the next member of her harem.. err... I mean the new girl next week!! haha

5/5
Oct 28, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2022
rough stuff, komari and bluelight both experienced trauma but lived very different lives after that. komari's red aura looked fire though and she got the win. good to see vill and her chill together again at the end.
Oct 28, 2023 8:21 AM
Feb 2021
this was a pretty good episode
Oct 28, 2023 8:57 AM
Oct 2019
I hate how they made Millicent the personification of an evil bully and then they tried to save it by providing the most basic/generic backstory ever.
Oct 28, 2023 9:02 AM
Dec 2022
Yoooooo. This episode was off the charts!! Mercy of the Lonely Crimson? A supreme core implosion that only happens once every one thousand years. Honestly, the moment she awakened, I was stunned and amazed. I knew there was something special about her. I'm looking forward to seeing how far she grows with that power of hers.
Oct 28, 2023 9:02 AM
May 2021
So I started this anime at the right time lol. Binged all 4 episodes and got to see her transformation episode without waiting for weeks XD. Epic Episode!
Oct 28, 2023 9:05 AM

May 2020
But this is still no justification how bullying others helped her overcome trauma in any sense, though whatever. 

Also, didn't the blue haired already know how destructive Komari's special/hidden powers were, but she still didn't learn lol. Anyways, hopefully we won't have another evil villain who's just evil for the sake of it.
Oct 28, 2023 9:09 AM

Dec 2020
Komari was drinking just a bit of blood from vill and yet she a complete other person and very strong so what will happen when she drinks a cup full of blood.
So that was why she hat blood okay very good episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 28, 2023 9:36 AM
Aug 2022
Seeing Millicent get her arms cut off by komari was so satisfying. I’m so glad she’s gone.
Oct 28, 2023 9:51 AM
Aug 2015
Reply to phantomfandom
What about Komari's father falsely accuse Millicent's father of treason? I think there should be some kind of consequence here, surely Komari's family's not gonna get away with it just because Komari is the protagonist?
@phantomfandom I know right, that's the only reason why she wanted vengeance against our female MC in the first place and at the end I think they said after the fight was over. She's in custody now so I kind of wonder what's going to happen to Millicent and I seriously doubt that because he is the female MCs father that he's going to be punished for falsely accusing her father of treason which is the reason why she did all of that in the first place
Oct 28, 2023 9:57 AM
Aug 2015
I wonder what's going to happen to Millicent now that they said at the end of the episode that she's in prison or custody or whatever, she's probably going to be a recurring character in the novel or something. I heard that this was a Yuri harem anime so she might become part of the harem later on. But I kind of wonder what's going to happen with her now that she was defeated. And I wonder what's going to happen to our female MC's father because he fell asleep accused her father of treason and they were banished for it and because of that she ended up in a terrorist group because they're the only ones who would take her. So this whole mess is actually kind of their own fault
Oct 28, 2023 10:07 AM

Oct 2017
Your typical annoying cliché villain stuff which almost put me to sleep. Anyway Komari put her on her place so that's that. Nice reveal about Komari's power which was hinted since begining. She's so strong they had to hypnotise her to not drink blood as a result she doesn't remember the events from when her power activates. Cool action animation btw, Komari with the red aura specially.
Oct 28, 2023 10:08 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I see, so Komari really is as overpowered as she claims she is once she drinks blood but as the risk is too great to be used her reaction comes in crutial moments. That sounds a bit convenient but at least the premise now makes more sense than before. Guess is back to yuri now.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 28, 2023 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
Kind of disappointed they didn't go the "manifests power through adversity" part after setting up for it with Millicent's backstory; would've been great justification for Terakomari to awaken to the Core Implosion after almost dying a true death but choosing to keep fighting rather than running away like before, rather than being "the chosen one." But I guess then she would know she actually has the power.
Oct 28, 2023 10:12 AM

Sep 2019
Reply to Francis685
@phantomfandom I know right, that's the only reason why she wanted vengeance against our female MC in the first place and at the end I think they said after the fight was over. She's in custody now so I kind of wonder what's going to happen to Millicent and I seriously doubt that because he is the female MCs father that he's going to be punished for falsely accusing her father of treason which is the reason why she did all of that in the first place
@Joshua_Bell @phantomfandom Wow you guys actually believed every nonsense she was on about and didn't stop to think about how her father seemed suspicious from his behaviour towards the Gandesblood family in the backstory. Also @Joshua_Bell you are trying to justify her actions saying she did all this cause her father was falsely accused.. Surely then she bullied her too cause she knew her father was gonna be falsely accused lol.

She's just a mentally broken character who wants to hurt others and feel good/superior.
Oct 28, 2023 10:18 AM

May 2019
Reply to Adayauu
I hate how they made Millicent the personification of an evil bully and then they tried to save it by providing the most basic/generic backstory ever.
@Adayauu

I definitely would say so. Also one thing that I'm echoing off from other comments that I've seen from the episode: her backstory doesn't necessarily justify her actions, so it irked me slightly that that was some sort of vibe that I got from her backstory. It's somewhat of a given at this point that a traumatic past rationalizes a person's actions, but an exception must be drawn for this instance, especially at the cost of bloodshed. Millicent's family is completely corrupt on the basis of self-interest, gain, and worth, especially at the outset of her father's appearance, and I cannot bring myself to forgive or even to sympathize with someone such as her.

@ArimaKana said:
She's just a mentally broken character who wants to hurt others and feel good/superior.

Yup, I feel that pretty much sums up my thoughts. Her broken character was only exacerbated by her actions that led up to the events of this episode as a result of her familial experiences, and yet she reaped what she sowed as a result as the episode came to a conclusion.
NekOniiChanOct 28, 2023 11:04 AM
Oct 28, 2023 10:43 AM
May 2013
Reply to phantomfandom
@phantomfandom alas the empress was okay with it.
Afterall millis father was to blame for it.

He inflicted bodily harm to his dautgher so that she develops a core implosion too.
This is a missconception - LN 3 Spoiler

Milli becomes extremly triggered when core implosion are mentioned due this and started the bullying.

In that regards Millis Family/father was to fully blame for it.

Oct 28, 2023 11:17 AM

Jan 2008
Komarin! Komarin! Komarin! Her crew showed up at the perfect time to witness her almightyness.

I do hope this isn't gonna be more a routine of a big problem occurs, she deals with it, her allies are see and she doesn't.
Oct 28, 2023 11:27 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to GensoTV
How can this Anime just have such a low rating? This episode blow minds! The animation much better than The Eminence in Shadows Season 2, which has a 8,7 rating. With every episode it becomes better and better!
@GensoTV 7.3 is not a low rating, your brain has been poisoned by MAL users over rating everything.
Oct 28, 2023 11:28 AM

Jul 2021
Never in my wildest dreams did I think Project no 9 was capable of producing anything close of being called good animation
I was pleasantly surprised this episode, 8/10
if this can look so good why is that travesty of a Shojo anime and that Angel anime look so awful.
Oct 28, 2023 11:29 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to phantomfandom
@phantomfandom "Falsely" came from Millicent, and she's not exactly trustworthy.
Oct 28, 2023 11:30 AM
Dec 2021
As much as I loved this episode, it is kinda a shame that some things weren’t adapted. The timing that the squad shows up is different, Komari blowing off her arm with the same thing that Millicent kept using (magic bullets), the arms that kept her in place that came from the blood I think, and some dialogue between the queen and the komari’s father too.
Oct 28, 2023 12:20 PM
Mar 2023
I never thought that one day I would see a project n9 anime with an episode with this type of quality
This episode blew my mind
Oct 28, 2023 12:26 PM

Feb 2022
Vlemish said:
@GensoTV 7.3 is not a low rating, your brain has been poisoned by MAL users over rating everything.

Fair enough, but seeing other stuff getting easy 8+ is frustrating.
Oct 28, 2023 12:40 PM
Feb 2022
Ugh it's gonna be a pain if she can't remember her powers so it'll keep coming up as a plot point. It's been a very good plotline up until now but I can't see how they can milk it much more and keep the plot/story quality. Still Anime do have a way of making odd stuff like this actually work so I'll keep my hope up.
Oct 28, 2023 12:47 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to Paul
Komarin! Komarin! Komarin! Her crew showed up at the perfect time to witness her almightyness.

I do hope this isn't gonna be more a routine of a big problem occurs, she deals with it, her allies are see and she doesn't.
@Paul To be completely honest, i think her crew showing up just in the wrong timing just lower the hype of komari showing off her Rekkaku Liberty . But i think they need to add this scene so her crew can more believing that she is actually strong and continuation of the story.

Same here. Just need to time it right when her subordinates can support her or not.

Additionally, outside of that, the unveiling of the blood that awakens her power and not her pendants is mind-blowing. But i think that pendant still playing a big role in the next episodes. What a twist!
EaxillierOct 28, 2023 12:55 PM

Oct 28, 2023 12:56 PM

Jul 2020
This episode made me realize that komari is one of the best candidates to give malty some good beating
Oct 28, 2023 1:05 PM

Feb 2011
Komari going super saiyan was sick. Sucks about the brain washing, i wanna see her use that power more

Oct 28, 2023 1:15 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
The ost when she used her power, dude, that was incredible.
Oct 28, 2023 1:15 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Extremely cringe until the end part of this episode. Would have been better if she could have whooped that bitches ass from the beginning.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Oct 28, 2023 1:17 PM
May 2013
Reply to Eaxillier
@Paul To be completely honest, i think her crew showing up just in the wrong timing just lower the hype of komari showing off her Rekkaku Liberty . But i think they need to add this scene so her crew can more believing that she is actually strong and continuation of the story.

Same here. Just need to time it right when her subordinates can support her or not.

Additionally, outside of that, the unveiling of the blood that awakens her power and not her pendants is mind-blowing. But i think that pendant still playing a big role in the next episodes. What a twist!
@Eaxillier small spoiler, if they dont take anything before it happens in ln then no. It only becomes relevant in ln5.
The Anime seems to aim for ln3 end.
Oct 28, 2023 1:25 PM

Nov 2014
AMAZING EPISODE WTF
Oct 28, 2023 1:49 PM
Feb 2021
holy fuck that glow up now the army really has a reason to go komari komari all the time
Oct 28, 2023 1:50 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Aversa
So she turns into a beast when she drinks blood and she doesn't need much blood for that to happen.
Well it's nice that one enemy is gone but what will be the next thing she will have to deal with, hopefully not another maniac like this one.
For now we learned a lot about the past, the question is will the past keep haunting her.
@Aversa most likely yes
Oct 28, 2023 1:50 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to yuukiwr
@Eaxillier small spoiler, if they dont take anything before it happens in ln then no. It only becomes relevant in ln5.
The Anime seems to aim for ln3 end.
@yuukiwr okay thanks for the heads up man! I hope there's another season in the future to revealing the pendant.

Oct 28, 2023 1:51 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to lucio54
The ost when she used her power, dude, that was incredible.
@lucio54 any chance you know the name of said ost?
Oct 28, 2023 1:56 PM

Feb 2019
Insane episode project no.9 really cooked. This show is criminally underrated rn. The contrast between the quality of this episode and Ojou to banken kun is so stark. Wish that show got this type of love too

As you’d expect, Millicent had an awful upbringing and no type of parental love or guidance other than being beat up by her master on a daily basis. Being called a failure and a disgrace as a little girl will have negative consequences on anyone. Ironically, if her father had shown her the tiniest inkling of love, then she would’ve likely awakened her Core Implosion abilities.

Komarin and Mili actually had a lot in common, but the difference is Komarin had a loving family to motivate her and support her. Even now she’s got Vill and her subordinates that want to see her succeed. Milli’s all alone. Poor girl never had a chance.

Sakuga during the Crimson core implosion was incredible, storyboarders deserve a shoutout for this episode for sure.

I think Vill being able to see the future based on people drinking her blood and Komarin using blood as a power up is a pretty cool way to link their destinies together. They really make the perfect team just like Euphie and Anis from earlier in the year.

“ I’m looking forward to our future together, so please stay by my side forever” THEYRE SO GAY I LOVE IT. Such a cute ending to the episode
Marinate1016Oct 28, 2023 2:04 PM
Oct 28, 2023 1:58 PM

Jun 2017
She killed her whole family at 3? That's wild. (good thing they could resurrect lol)
Oct 28, 2023 2:09 PM
May 2013
Reply to MomoSinX
She killed her whole family at 3? That's wild. (good thing they could resurrect lol)
@MomoSinX and 3 whole squads + crimsons lords who where sent to investigate the school bullying event.
Sadly this wasnt mentioned in the anime ^^"
Oct 28, 2023 3:36 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Reply to Lucyw18
@lucio54 any chance you know the name of said ost?
@Lucyw18 Its from Go Shiina (the man that makes music for kimetsu no yaiba) i think but i don't know much more than that.
Oct 28, 2023 3:38 PM

Dec 2013
Well if it wasn't the consequences of the Bluenight lineage's own actions, a bunch of awful people that got had it coming and would blame the others, Millicent was unfortunately yet another victim that ended up turning into a bully and got too much enjoyment out of it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

62 by Magicmist »»
Yesterday, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2023

114 by Delphantasist »»
May 25, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

61 by Magicmist »»
May 21, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

90 by Delphantasist »»
May 17, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2023

73 by Delphantasist »»
May 16, 7:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.