Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 30, 2023 5:41 PM

Sep 2015
SHORT RE-CAP.

Yamato finally meets the strawhat crew :O, Sanji and Brooks reaction were underwhelming though!! And seems like Momo has got quite the glow up. But that does not matter, Yamato is the only thing that mattered this episode.
AhriTheS3xyFoxSep 30, 2023 5:47 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Nov 2016
Sorry Yamato, Momo is the real Oden 2.0 and he even got the Devil Fruit of your daddy. If both those characters hit their prime in addition to Luffy, no one will ever mess with Wano again.

Although Momonosuke could be Kojuru's son

Incredibly emotional episode. Between all the islands traveled so far, never have we been more invested in the story of a country and it's citizens like with Wano.

FMmatronOct 2, 2023 2:13 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 30, 2023 5:57 PM

Dec 2021
Damn I got chills from the moment Momo started speaking until the episode concluded.

As the broadcast preparations clear up and the air of confusion dissipates, Yamato encounters the remaining members of the Straw Hat Pirates. Despite some initial objections, Yamato firmly declares their decision to join the crew, even though Luffy had yet to make up his mind. Meanwhile, Tama reminisces about her past. As Momonosuke senses his own apprehension, he gathers his resolve and proudly announces his name, unveiling his adult form for the first time. With unwavering determination, he proclaims himself as Wano's new shogun, urging the people of Wano to unite and help restore the glory of their land. Momonosuke's words move everyone to tears, as he internally reaffirms his commitment to fulfill the promise he made to his parents. Following this emotional moment, he embraces his younger sister in a long-awaited hug. As Momonosuke and the group depart, the narration foretells that he will go down in history as Wano's most revered shogun.

Oden chose to embark on a journey with Roger and his crew, so it's only fitting that Yamato takes up the mantle as the "Oden" figure for the aspiring Pirate King, Luffy. (Even though I'm not a fan of the whole "I'm Oden" thing, haha). Besides, Yamato has been confined to Wano for their entire life, so this marks a long-awaited moment of freedom. And finally, we get to witness adult Momo in action. LET'S FUCKING GOOOO!! The resemblance to his formidable father is striking, and it's amusing to see Kin'emon striking the Oden pose. It seems Wano is in capable hands now.

Now we're about to witness the events unfolding beyond Wano over the last few days. The next five episodes are bound to be truly epic.

Sep 30, 2023 6:25 PM
Jan 2020
Momo has one of the best character developments ever! I just love it and it seems like Yamato will join the crew!
Sep 30, 2023 7:04 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to LuffyHammock94
Momo has one of the best character developments ever! I just love it and it seems like Yamato will join the crew!
@LuffyHammock94 He literally kept jumping between saying "I can't stop Onigashima!" to "I'll stop Onigashima!" and back again like two dozen times in the past year alone. Literally every single time he doubted himself, someone had to give him a pep talk, which he'd forget an episode later and repeat the same damn cycle until last week's episode when the island was no longer airborne. What about that was "the best character development"?

Episode was lame but I expected it since I knew what the episode would contain. Apparently we needed yet another Toki flashback because the audience probably forgot the previous 30 Toki flashbacks that we'd already seen. Oh and an Otama flashback was also very necessary because reasons.
Sep 30, 2023 7:33 PM

Apr 2016
Adult Momonosuke is finally revealed and gave a great speech, I loved seeing all the Akazaya bursting into tears
And now the night of Roof Piece officially comes to an end!
Sep 30, 2023 7:33 PM
Jan 2022

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
Olde-JoOct 1, 2023 8:22 PM
Sep 30, 2023 7:40 PM

Nov 2012
Momo's the most handsome 8 year old man I've ever seen.
Sep 30, 2023 7:47 PM

Apr 2022
jesus fucking christ the tama flashback was so much sadder than in the manga, can't have one happy episode man always gotta make me depressed :((
the real shogun of wano is finally here; momo as an adult and the akazaya 9 are back, and the people of wano are straight-up flabbergasted. what momo lacks physically, he makes up for with this spirit now.
yamato meets up with the strawhat gang finally and gets an instant green light to join the squad, especially from sanji and brook lol.

break next week, recap episode of the gear 5 episodes. 1079 in 2 weeks.
Sep 30, 2023 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
After years of torment and 20 years of it passed. Wano is finally liberated and free. A new ear or age begins in Wano.
Sep 30, 2023 7:51 PM

Feb 2014
Kin'emon looking like a proud father. UwU

Sep 30, 2023 8:08 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Can't believe that we're ending this arc soon in the Anime.
Sep 30, 2023 8:17 PM

Jun 2014
Emotional flashbacks and a motivating speech from the new shogun of Wano. Adult Momo is finally here to get Wano back on the right track.

Still feels surreal that this arc is just several episodes away from officially being over.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 30, 2023 8:20 PM

Jul 2022
Holy fk....
I knew Tama's past is fking sad.
But this episode.... Who the fk put a onion on my desk!!!!!

I hope from now on, Tama's live will only have happy memories.

Also, if Yamato rly joins Mugiwara crew.
It's gonna be EPIC!!!
Sep 30, 2023 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
The poor residents of Wano are experiencing one shock after another, even if the return of the Akazaya is of course something very positive.

I had somewhat suppressed the fact that no one except Luffy knew that Yamato was Kaido's "son". However, this resulted in an extremely funny reaction from Brook, Usopp and Franky. By getting to know Yamato's character near the beginning of the raid, I was hoping that she would eventually join the Straw Hats. I'm so happy that this is actually becoming a reality, because Luffy is the last person who would say no to it. This could probably make her the final member, which I think is a perfect fit. There should be some funny scenes if it is found out that Yamato is actually a woman :D

I was wondering whether Tama's devil fruit has a permanent effect or whether it will wear off or disappear at some point. The following scene with Horselina was really sweet. Since Tama lost her parents at a very young age, she seems to have finally found a great mother replacement, which makes me really happy for her. It was also nice to see how she was able to let her feelings out because Luffy kept his word as always and she can look forward to a peaceful future.

Momo's speech with "We are" playing in the background couldn't have been better in my opinion. All the sacrifices that had to be made were not in vain. Wano is now officially free and no one will be able to do anything about it.
Kinemon may not be Momo's real father, but I always saw him as the perfect replacement role. The close relationship between the two became clear again here when Momo asked him for advice on what else he could say. In general, Momo has truly undergone the most extreme character development. On his own, Momo would undoubtedly have given up long before, which isn't surprising since we're talking about an 8 year old. However, with the help of Luffy, Yamato, and Kinemon, he was able to overcome any hardships, which should help him tremendously in his thinking, and ruling Wano in the future. It simply allowed him to grow as a person. By the way, his design as an adult fits perfectly. I may sound like a broken record, but it's still hard to believe we're actually at the end of Wano.

I can't wait for this news to get out into the world, so that everyone can learn about it. The reactions will be so satisfying to watch and I can only imagine what the new bounties will look like.

It seems like we'll have another recap of the fight between Luffy and Kaido next week. Most likely the last part of Barto's Secret Room.
Natsu88Sep 30, 2023 8:49 PM

Sep 30, 2023 8:50 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Good ep! It’s rare I watch a whole episode these days without skipping anything. I even got a little bit emotional.

Love the speech from Momo, one of my fav scenes from the end of Wano in the manga. BUT I didn’t like Crunchyroll’s wording choices. Momonosuke means “second to none” not “peerless” like wat

They missed on a couple little moments, like Tama’s crying but it was still good.

Also every time I hear Franky speak it just dawns on me how old his voice actor is now. Sounds so different to the OG Water Seven days.

Ew a recap next week
Sep 30, 2023 9:58 PM

Oct 2009
Coupled with Tama’s flashback and Momo I teared up :’)

I wish Momo introduced Hyori as well though..
Sep 30, 2023 10:19 PM

Aug 2019
If Otama is happy we are happy
Sep 30, 2023 10:25 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The rest of the Strawhats finally meet Yamato (except for Zoro who's still being treated). She would fit in the crew just fine. <3 But that's if we would see it happen.

I can honestly feel the outpouring emotions from Tama, the Akazaya Nine, Hiyori and all of the citizens of Wano now that they have been finally freed from the terrible 20 year reign of terror from Kaido and Orochi. Twenty years is a long time, and as an anime watcher, I've been watching this arc since 2019 while the Onigashima raid officially started in 2021. It's like the fight against the Beasts pirates will never end hi Blackbeard but here we are... To be witnessing the land of Wano being freed after all these difficult years. No more Kaido. No more Orochi. But what they earned is a new Shogun who is the most deserving to be the Shogun to lead Wano into a brigher future. Adult Momonosuke looks so gallant in delivering his speech.

The longest night in Wano has finally come to its end, where the entire country is now free. A remix of "We Are" played during halfway of this episode and that hit me right in the feels as it showed the Wano citizens celebrating after 20 years of Orochi tyranny. ;_;
Sep 30, 2023 10:29 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to AhriTheS3xyFox
SHORT RE-CAP.

Yamato finally meets the strawhat crew :O, Sanji and Brooks reaction were underwhelming though!! And seems like Momo has got quite the glow up. But that does not matter, Yamato is the only thing that mattered this episode.
@AhriTheS3xyFox We gon miss my boy yamato after wano
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Sep 30, 2023 10:31 PM
May 2021
Really an emotional episode,Wano is finally at its end .
Sep 30, 2023 10:44 PM

Jun 2014
so yamato is joining huh and momonosuke reveal was hype he looks kind and badass at the same time ^^ next week seems like a recap which is sad. i'm excited to see what the next arc is about ><
Sep 30, 2023 11:23 PM

Nov 2018
This episode truly feels like a wrap-up for the arc now that Momonosuke has announced himself as the next Shogun of Wano. Years of build-up in the anime has all lead to this.

Great and emotional episode!

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 30, 2023 11:24 PM

Mar 2020
My Momo-kun is a big chad now. I will surely miss cute Momo-kun since punk harazard.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Sep 30, 2023 11:27 PM

Apr 2015
Damn when I read this in the manga it actually didnt hit me as much as it did in the anime. I was bawling my eyes out. Its been a long journey for all of them and they've finally retaken Wano back!
Otama's past made me cry so much, She was so lonely, Aww poor Otama selling hats.
This episode was a 10/10
😭
Oct 1, 2023 1:28 AM
Aug 2021
it was so pretty animation was so beautiful
Oct 1, 2023 1:50 AM

Oct 2017
Momo finally became the shogun, it took them a long time to liberate Wano but here it is.
Oct 1, 2023 2:49 AM
May 2021
Ep was emotional still cant lie, Wano is now pretty much done, gassed for egg head!
Oct 1, 2023 3:03 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to ryzxgum
jesus fucking christ the tama flashback was so much sadder than in the manga, can't have one happy episode man always gotta make me depressed :((
the real shogun of wano is finally here; momo as an adult and the akazaya 9 are back, and the people of wano are straight-up flabbergasted. what momo lacks physically, he makes up for with this spirit now.
yamato meets up with the strawhat gang finally and gets an instant green light to join the squad, especially from sanji and brook lol.

break next week, recap episode of the gear 5 episodes. 1079 in 2 weeks.
@ryzxgum

Why the recap... it happened like 3 episodes ago for gods sake.
Oct 1, 2023 3:44 AM
Aug 2022
Another great episode finally got to see Momonosuke which was amazing to be honest it was a little emotional Tama's backstory was definitely needed and it added to the scenes really well. Luffy and Zoro are still injured hope they wake up soon and Yamato says she is joining the crew Which is great, Nearly the end of the wano saga I cant wait for the next arc.(Recap next week, Epiosde 1079 on the 15th)
Oct 1, 2023 4:07 AM
Mar 2018
I CRIED MY EYES OUT
Oct 1, 2023 4:27 AM

Nov 2019
Protecc Tama at all cost.
Oct 1, 2023 4:59 AM
It's finally over. You know what, I think Wano will open its borders during the final war. Also, too many emotional scenes!

Overall, it feels really nice to witness the end of wano!
Oct 1, 2023 5:23 AM

Jul 2013
Oh shit Toei is is fucking doing it again, they're dragging it again
Oct 1, 2023 5:31 AM

Jul 2007
For those of you who want a more accurate translation here ya go. This episode was pretty great but CR kind of butchered the translation pretty bad. The implication here from the naration is that Momo will one day become wano's greatest leader. Most likely alluding to him being the one who leads wano's forces during the final war.

ArtimesGamerOct 1, 2023 5:37 AM

Oct 1, 2023 6:08 AM

Jun 2023
Chills throughout the episode. 🔥🔥🔥

Amazing arc as a whole, even with its ups and downs. 😁
Oct 1, 2023 6:16 AM
Jul 2023
Adult Kozuki Momonosuke making an entire country cry will always be in my top 10 moments in fiction
Oct 1, 2023 6:17 AM

Sep 2023
I can't put my feelings into words. I was getting goosebumps every second. Some scenes made me 😭. This is the heaven. 🖤
Oct 1, 2023 6:18 AM

Jun 2008
One Piece being painfully slow paced again. Just finish Wano already, the next Arc is so much more interesting.....
Oct 1, 2023 7:51 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 1, 2023 8:30 AM

Jan 2016
I wanted to give a 3/5, but atleast Otama's backstory was fresh, so gave 4/5 anyways.

As awesome as it would be, I don't see Yamato being accepted as a main member of the crew. Some expectations I have are:
-He becomes a defender of Wano, with Kaido's goons being under him or offered to leave
-He takes Kaido's goons to travel with his own crew
I'm going with the first thing, as I'm guessing Kaido's goons would rather be domesticated then go out on their own, also, while Momo keeps country closed, Yamato will stay until Joyboy makes the world more safe to be opened. Yamato being part of Luffy's grand fleet of allies or whatever.

Hiyori was so cute, finally got to hug her brother <3

Them keep pulling at heartstrings drives me crazy, but at least it's fresh material of Otama backstory. I feel like most of the Gifters will stay tamed and genuinely love Otama and Wano. Gifters will be very helpful for rebuilding the country.

We still don't know what World Government's next move will be.

So I think they confirmed Izou and pink hair guys death her? Not me Izo Q_Q
As long as Okiku retires I'm fine, she was such a disappointment in the raid on repeat.

Oct 1, 2023 9:04 AM
Oct 2018
One of the most emotional episode out there. I cried while watching Otama's background srory.
Oct 1, 2023 9:11 AM

Aug 2021
adult momo has finally arrived in the anime. music went crazy this episode
Oct 1, 2023 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
Great One ! Momo. Wano is free.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey there

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 1, 2023 11:44 AM
Feb 2022
Great episode! It gave me goosebumps almost all the time. Tama's memories were sad, I even almost shed tears. I'm waiting for the moments in the next episodes where everyone will celebrate the victory and other events that will happen.
Oct 1, 2023 12:23 PM

Feb 2020
Momo looking fricking badass
Oct 1, 2023 12:50 PM

May 2016
Great way to finish it.
Oct 1, 2023 1:13 PM

Aug 2011
Oct 1, 2023 1:23 PM
May 2022
The one piece is you mother
Oct 1, 2023 2:35 PM
Sep 2019
godinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikey625 - Apr 21, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1085 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Nov 25, 2023

92 by OddlyCasual »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

40 by G_Spark233 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 678 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 17, 2015

143 by Kurusu_kun »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.