Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
That Roxy doll deserved better. No wonder Rudeus was in a bad mood this episode compared to some of the others and he took some of personal business.

A lot of raw emotions going on this episode and I find it kinda amusing how personal Rudeus took this. It was like a mixture of dark drama and comedy the same time. Not exactly sure what this episode was aiming for being it did keep me somewhat entertained. Of course they didn't want to leave Witts out of this either.

May 2020
Yes, but if all she does is go on about “Rudy this, Rudy that” even in her internal monologues, then why not just come clean and make things easier for the dude and even for us. JUST SAY WHO YOU ARE AND STOP MAKING THIS OVERDUE… or does it really need to be so complicated just for the sake of it??

Anyways, jesus this doll making or sculptures or whatever stuff is so fucking unserious. I mean dude is now grown up and all, so by all means he should’ve stopped getting so worked just because someone trampled over his favourite ROXY-SAMA DOLL, right? Though, as if. Dude literally went out red faced just to get his revenge over those poor creatures who crushed a meagre clay sculpture… and them being those cat girls. 

First humiliated them, kept them hostage, presented a cringe as fuck act of praising panties, and whatnot. I’m kind of surprised he didn’t strip them naked and jumped right over those bare white bodies, a surprise indeed. 

Whatever the problem they were dealing with in this episode did get solved, but it once again made it crystal clear that dude’s still a lost cause.  

Oct 2017
So guys don't mess with anything related to Roxy or Rudy ain't gonna leave you alone. Poor Linia and Pursena. Their interactions were amusing though, specially Pursena trying to push the blame on Linia lol. That Sylphy bit at the start was really cute, she's a girl in love. Loved Fitz x Rudeus interactions again, so cute.
MegamiRemAug 20, 2023 8:32 AM

Dec 2021
Sad day for Rudeus as it seems his precious gem was destroyed, the Roxy doll.

One day when he was making dolls with Zanoba and Julie, Rudeus remembered the Roxy doll that he once made and drifted to Zanoba's possession. He asked Zanoba for confirmation, but the doll was in pieces. When Rudeus discovers that two of his new schoolmates have destroyed one of his precious figures, he swears revenge. So, Rudeus, Zanoba, and Julie abduct Pursena and Linia after they are found responsible for damaging the revered figurine. They engage in questionable activities involving them, crossing ethical boundaries. Subsequently, both mystical companions, Pursena and Linia, become followers of Rudeus.

Rudeus's intense frustration upon discovering that the two beast girls had wrecked his cherished Roxy doll was pretty funny I can't lie. The situation escalated to even greater amusement when, consumed by anger, he divulged the concealed contents of his shrine.

As Fitz experiences growing envy due to Rudy's gradual harem formation, is it possible that she might unveil her true identity as his initial love, Sylphy.

Aug 20, 2023 8:33 AM
Jan 2020
You know an episode was good, when it feels short at the end.
Aug 20, 2023 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was so great and chaotic, I loved it. The animation was excellent and super expressive to watch and made scenes feel even funnier in the process. Episode flew by so well and the pacing was great as a whole. Sylphie's perspective before the opening being added was really good, showing her feelings of what she is undergoing with Rudeus there and showcasing glimpses of her daily life too in the process. Rudeus and Zanoba's scenes were so eccentric but hilarious to watch, especially with how over the top the facial expressions were when Zanoba felt that he was so fucked when Rudeus asked him about Roxy. He sure did react and purge the heretics in Linia and Pursena there. The animation with Rudeus taking down the beastfolk girls was great and reminiscent of some of the Rudeus-Eris scenes in season 1 cour 1, even with the music there. Fitz being supportive of Rudeus at the end there and not letting Linia and Pursena go scot-free was really good and again, loved their interactions as usual towards the very end. That slow build has been super satisfying to watch.

Music was exceptional too as usual, whether for the more action-driven scenes, or goofy, chaotic scenes, it all works. This was a weird yet fantastic episode, definitely the best adapted and visually animated episode in this season of MT so far, very reminiscent of S1 quality. Direction was top notch too and the pacing was great. The overall execution was so stellar, and Volume 8's adaptation as a whole has been phenomenal and a vast improvement from Volume 7.
Aug 20, 2023 8:35 AM
Apr 2022
Watching them tied up gives me chill, so they don't wear bra huh?
Aug 20, 2023 8:49 AM

Dec 2019
Considering the shitstorm social media reaction for last week, dont think this ep will make it any lighter to watch even with Rudeus and Zanoba treating Julie well here lol. This episode was crazy and damn fun to watch the whole time. Zanoba's terrified faces and Julie's panic when seeing Rudeus go berserk was hilarious, even the scene with Rudeus showing his divine altar to them, Linia and Pursena was so goofy and great since the anime really nailed it with the over-the-top wackiness of it. It is nice that Rudeus respects Roxy that much but it can also be weird and terrifying from another's perspective, which was the case here. The bit of action with Rudeus destroying Linia and Pursena and learning from how he lost to Gyes was really dope and showcased nice growth there, and his interactions with Sylphie continue to be really wholesome, love how Fitz defends Rudy through these times and isnt putting up with Linia and Pursena learning nothing and having Rudeus be the overall culprit from the start.
Aug 20, 2023 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
Also forgot to mention, absolutely loved Julie joining in with Zanoba and Rudeus with yelling Roxy even when she didn't know her at all lol. That was so weird yet kinda adorable too?
Aug 20, 2023 8:53 AM

Nov 2021

This is the only opening i've never skipped yet.

Aug 20, 2023 8:55 AM

Aug 2017
Man takes his figures too seriously.

A funny episode, which was welcome especially after the depressing episodes that happened this season. 
Aug 20, 2023 8:56 AM

Feb 2021
The scene where Rudeus gets angry because of what happened to Roxy's figure was really well done, overall this episode was a really good adaptation.

Julie was great too, just seeing her being afraid of Rudeus was really funny. 
Aug 20, 2023 9:10 AM
Aug 2022
Amazing episode! Loved it. Felt like of 1min.

F*ck the haters, I love this series.

The second Op was Garbage but the 1st and third brought salvation.
Aug 20, 2023 9:11 AM

Feb 2019
Nah man I love mushoku to death and don’t get upset about anything cause it’s fiction and loved this episode. But the think pieces about to go crazy this week cause this episode was wild 😭

If it’s one thing you DONT mess with Rudy about, it’s Roxy. The beast girls ganging up on Zanoa and destroying the Roxy figure triggered something primal in Rudeus. He was out for blood today lol.

The fight really did show just how much of a gap there is between Rudy, Eris, Paul, Rudjerd etc and everyone else. He’s been really fortunate to have been trained by some of the strongest people in the world, making fights like this a walk in the park.

Bro just casually copped a tiddy squeeze for his troubles and then made the girls stay tied up for an entire day, even forcing them to pee on themselves. Very wild sequence of events. Fitz joining in and trying to assert some dominance, but backing down after it went south had me dying. Those girls won’t be going against him anytime soon, though.

Speaking of Fitz, he was ready to throw it all away for Rudeus on that bed. We’re getting close to a reveal and I can’t wait.
Marinate1016Aug 20, 2023 9:17 AM
Aug 20, 2023 9:14 AM

Feb 2021
Oh, are they adapting the chapter with Fitz's daily routine? (I'm not an LN reader, just seen it in AniNews' videos about skipped content. Check out his channel btw) Nice! I got to feel like an LN reader for a minute there.
Where does the magic water come from btw? Everything in Mushoku Tensei is very detailed so there has to be an answer right?
3:18 putting an arm in the air when in bed like that, relatable
Really good to see Julie being treated well. She's precious.
And wow, a whole month? (but Rudeus says this is actually fast) I wonder how long it took Sylphie to start using incantationless magic.
6:07 Why did they translate it as "junior disciple"? He clearly says 妹 (imouto) - little sister here.
Oioioi we can't have no DV here LMAO JULIE RUN
10:45 OH NO SHE'S A TITAN SHIFTER EVERYONE RUUUUN
15:09 And here we see the most galaxy brain moment ever in Mushoku Tensei. Truly remarkable.
21:11 Daaamn this was such a tease.
This episode was hilarious lmao. Looking at the episode title I thought I'd be super serious. I still feel bad for the sisters though. I really want to see more of them now.
Aug 20, 2023 9:18 AM

May 2015
Even beast girls didn't turn him on
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 20, 2023 9:22 AM
Jan 2009
This is not a spoiler or anything, but in the novels, wasn't rudeus alone in the room with the beastgirls?
Aug 20, 2023 9:25 AM
Sep 2021
Had good laughs after watching the episode. Enjoyed to see how they handled it well.
Aug 20, 2023 9:25 AM
Jan 2009
Embient said:
Oh, are they adapting the chapter with Fitz's daily routine? (I'm not an LN reader, just seen it in AniNews' videos about skipped content. Check out his channel btw) Nice!

I think it's a bit early to talk about skipped content in the current arch, since they seem to be jumping around a bit between the events, and skipping some minor things along the way. In the novel you had a bit more jumping around and having several threads going on at the same time, here they seem to want to stick to one thing at a time.
Aug 20, 2023 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
Dam this anime took a major L...Very slow and boring, and pushing the whole emasculation, gender bender topic...S1 was exciting but S2 is very political.Zzzzzzz
Aug 20, 2023 9:36 AM

Jun 2021
Nothing major happened but still entertaining to watch:D At least we got a breather after those previous heavy episode.
Aug 20, 2023 9:36 AM
Apr 2020
peak fiction 100%
Aug 20, 2023 9:37 AM

Oct 2013
Ah to be honest was hoping the pantsu reveal to be much funnier like the manga was 

But glad to see more of Pursena being animated since she really cute and hot 

Sylphy looking really cute at the start which was nice too, I loved the timing of her in the bed and the window there which then transitions to the OP which have great matching visuals to the scene of her right before
Aug 20, 2023 9:41 AM
Jun 2023
animejas said:
Also forgot to mention, absolutely loved Julie joining in with Zanoba and Rudeus with yelling Roxy even when she didn't know her at all lol. That was so weird yet kinda adorable too?

julie bout to shit out her pant at that
Aug 20, 2023 9:41 AM
Jul 2023
Ay twitter gonna have a field day, the hentai shaky camera effect is done masterfully
Aug 20, 2023 9:42 AM

Aug 2022
It always amazes me how easily this show can make mundane side plots so much fun to watch. Whole episode flew by!
Aug 20, 2023 9:44 AM

Nov 2014
Did he seriously just forget to feed them and let them use a toilet? It was a fun episode, but that one moment got kinda dark.

Fitz tease is killing me. Give us a reveal already :s
Aug 20, 2023 9:48 AM
Mar 2015
Revenge for Roxy On the cliff with Fitz
Aug 20, 2023 9:50 AM

Sep 2007
I was totally waiting for Rudy to fix/make the "NEW AND IMPROVED ROXY FIGURINE" right there but he didn't :') I hope it's shown at some point cuz I'm bloody curious what an "improved" one would look like...

Other than that....I thought they'd be more surprised that Rudy knew the name of their relative Gyes (was that even spelled right)? But it didn't seem like it...They didn't show THAT much surprise when he name dropped Ghislaine either imo (though they did recognize she was a sword king)so...idk....it felt odd to me for some reason because of that....

Also thought his ED might react to Fitz lying in the bed (blame the fact I've lately been reading a bit of manhwua with a crossdressing heroine)...but nothing either? 
TO BE CONTINUED....
IkanoAug 20, 2023 9:54 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 20, 2023 9:58 AM

Apr 2017
this is the only anime since i began watching anime that feels like every episode is 5mins long, and it's so scary everytime i see the ending song....
Aug 20, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2020
this was another amazing episode
it was one of the parts i was most excited to see adapted
and it was done perfectly
cant wait for the next ep to see

Aug 20, 2023 10:03 AM

Apr 2017
Arctic_Lonewolf said:
You know an episode was good, when it feels short at the end.
ikr? each episode feels too short like 5 mins short, it makes me wanna go in a coma and wake up finding all episodes aired and ready to binge watch them lol
Aug 20, 2023 10:04 AM
Oct 2022
boring episode without any progression. S2 is nothing comparing to s1 unfortunately.
Aug 20, 2023 10:05 AM

Oct 2013
Half the fun lines of the beast girl speech patterns where cut, their offer of submission by 'showing their bellies' and that racial detail was cut, they didn't show him groping the other one too for some reason as well, nor Zenoba suggesting to 'break them to the same state' (aka death, tho Rudy denied it)... Btw did they even mention he killed multiple people? Also the miko stuff? I don't remember, but this adaptation keeps being sloppy af, also the toning down all the wrong things in all the wrong ways... And yeah this looks even worse in visual form lol "You broke a doll i sold so i'ma kidnap you, grope you, leave you without food and water for a day, tied, so you piss yourself, and we're not even starting the punishment btw"... Then again, their tribe did strip him naked for a week... Although under very different and much more serious circumstances so i dunno
Aug 20, 2023 10:05 AM

Apr 2017
JustAnotherShiro said:
Did he seriously just forget to feed them and let them use a toilet? It was a fun episode, but that one moment got kinda dark.

Fitz tease is killing me. Give us a reveal already :s
it's a punishment, not feeding them or using the bathroom is part of it.
Aug 20, 2023 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
Don't mess with anything Roxy-related or Rudy will make you pay lol. Another amusing episode, but also another week where we get blue-balled into thinking Fitz will reveal their true identity to Rudy 😭
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 20, 2023 10:06 AM

Apr 2017
Mainnus said:
Ay twitter gonna have a field day, the hentai shaky camera effect is done masterfully
isn't that like everyday though? the field day i mean.
Aug 20, 2023 10:15 AM

Apr 2017
HangyakuNo_Nikki said:

This is the only opening i've never skipped yet.
besides that i avoid skipping it so the episode can feel longer but to no avail, it still felt so short, every week...
Aug 20, 2023 10:19 AM

May 2020
it was so short WTF! so... will fitz reveal her identity to rudeus soon?

Aug 20, 2023 10:21 AM

May 2015
Embient said:
6:07 Why did they translate it as "junior disciple"? He clearly says 妹 (imouto) - little sister here.

I noticed that too. My best guess is that the word they're using is 妹弟子 (imoutodeshi), the female version of 弟弟子 (otoutodeshi, younger pupil of the same master)

Vooo said:
S1 was exciting but S2 is very political.Zzzzzzz

"Anything I don't like is political."
El-MelloiAug 20, 2023 10:26 AM
Aug 20, 2023 10:22 AM

Jun 2015
there would be no going back after seeing mr fitz
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 20, 2023 10:23 AM

Apr 2017
FrozenRaider said:
Even beast girls didn't turn him on
ED is no joke fr (makes me feel sorry for those with an actual ED)
Aug 20, 2023 10:23 AM
Jul 2023
Kirito_online said:
Mainnus said:

Well, now it’s doubly so
Aug 20, 2023 10:24 AM

Feb 2021
El-Melloi said:
Embient said:

I noticed that too. My best guess is that the word they're using is 妹弟子 (imoutodeshi), the female version of 弟弟子 (otoutodeshi, younger pupil of the same master)
Oh, nice! This is most probably it. I didn't know the word 弟弟子 (otoutodeshi) - "younger pupil (of the same master); younger disciple; junior member". Thanks!
Still doesn't really make sense though, Rudy was saying this while referring to Julie's relationship with Zanoba, while "younger pupil" is her relationship with himself.
EmbientAug 20, 2023 10:37 AM
Aug 20, 2023 10:25 AM
Jul 2023
The last two parts were very boring. There are no progress that is very dissapointed. I hope that in the next parts Rudeus finds out where Fitts is.
Aug 20, 2023 10:26 AM

Jun 2015
Mainnus said:

Get a grip will you. This is not hentai. Its two beast girls tied up becuase they upset MC and broke his apprentice roxy doll and he teaching them a lesson. If you really want to watch some hentai pm, ill share. Its also not twitter, its X
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 20, 2023 10:26 AM

Apr 2017
Mainnus said:
Kirito_online said:

Well, now it’s doubly so
more free advertisement for the show lmao!
Aug 20, 2023 10:27 AM
Jul 2023
Roch2001 said:
Mainnus said:

Get a grip will you. This is not hentai. Its two beast girls tied up becuase they upset MC and broke his apprentice roxy doll and he teaching them a lesson. If you really want to watch some hentai pm, ill share. Its also not twitter, its X

I’m complimenting the camera effects, not the scene
Aug 20, 2023 10:37 AM
May 2020
freaky aah episode
Aug 20, 2023 10:46 AM

Jan 2018
Wait, is Rudeus actually serious about creating a new religion about Roxy?! It's not a joke? If it's not, he's more delusional than I thought.

Rudeus kept two girls locked in his room for so long that they were starving and pissed themselves. Why am I not surprised?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

260 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.