Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
So this season decides to develop a relationship between Rudeus and Fitz. Obviously, it gave both characters a chance for their personalities to shine more.

Got to see some of Zanoba and his strange fasination wtih dolls. I have to admit that this character is kinda weird, at least from the impressions of this episode. Seeing Rudeus deal with a slave and the slavery market itself was kinda depressing. It's the way of their world...

Oct 2017
Am I actually gay?~ Rudeus. Try fucking her and you'll find out bro. Loving Rudeus x Fitz interactions. Zanoba's figure skulping begins. Felt bad for the dwarf child.

May 2020
Oh god, you need to look over the boys who are innocently living the life of a student in this magic university, because I mean there’s a beast stalking them day in and day out, ready to fucking gobble them as a whole whenever the opportunity presents itself… PLEASE DO SOMETHING AS THESE BOYS ARE BECOMING MEN AT AN ALARMING RATE.

Anyways, back to normal life, where Rudeus and Sylphy have again become the friends they used to be back in the day, despite just Sylphy having the memories of those days, but okay we move. Their conversation and Sylphy recalling the old days aside, I was not expecting they’d take the doll making joke thing so seriously, that we even went to slave searching just so they could help and cooperate with Zanoba making one lol.

Rudeus, Sylphy and Zanoba did go slave searching and they found one too… a frail and depressed looking girl lacking any signs of life within her. Though it might be that Rudeus was the one conversing with her, she did gain the will to live again, and yep now in their company, with a new name... Juliette.

Dec 2021
Isn't the slave market an intriguing place to observe?

As Rudeus gradually adjusts to his school life, a stronger bond forms between him and the enigmatic Fitz. Their connection deepens as they collaborate in investigating the transference incident. Among the inhabitants of the university is Zanoba, who regards Rudeus highly for his mastery of figurine crafting. Despite possessing extraordinary superhuman strength, Zanoba struggles to excel in creating figurines. In an effort to find assistance for Zanoba, Rudeus and Fitz decide to explore the slave market.

I must admit, I anticipated Rudeus to be more taken aback by the realization that his world condemns slavery, whereas it's considered normal in this realm. However, when they encounter the right slave, Rudeus's empathy for her plight becomes evident. This segment is executed with remarkable finesse. The moment when Rudeus's voice revert to despair mode strikes a deep chord within.
This is reassuring, as the slave's appearance conveys a profound sense of despair. I am intrigued to witness how Rudeus and his companions will help her regain her spirit and bring a smile back to her face.

The introduction of this new character piques my curiosity about how young Julie will reintegrate into society, with Rudeus providing unwavering support along the journey.

Dec 2020
So we are already half way through season 2 part 1 and this is a slow episode with not a lot happening, it's mostly developing the classmates of Rudy as well as Fitz as characters. To be more precise, we see how Zanoba tries to follow his dream to be able to make figures like Rudy did, but he fails since his magic isn't enough to make it. So he and Rudy go to find someone who could use magic. In the slave market, Rudy buying a slave is kinda weird for me but it makes sense in terms of what he wants to do. But he also in the back of his mind has the experiment of if the magic capacity one has depends on how much they use magic. We also see Elinalize be herself ;). Yeah generally it was a nice episode.as far as character development goes. Action wise it was not as good but that's to be expected in this arc and I am not disappointed at all since MT is peak fiction.
Aug 13, 2023 8:30 AM

Jul 2021
No wonder those modern-looking glasses are really important for Slyphy when she's in her Fitz mode. Oh, and about Zanoba, I kind of expected him to take his figures to an extreme level because of the nature of this series. Rudeus has a more traditional method for making figures, which is prone to mistakes that can be fixed, but it takes a lot of time compared to the magic method. They actually bought slaves to display, and if someone is inexperienced in these places, they might come across as quite new to these things. The scene with the slaves reminded me of Raphtalia when she was a kid. Glad Juliette feels more open than whatever her circumstance that what led her being inside a cage.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 13, 2023 8:32 AM
Aug 2022
So Short!!!!!!

The realism in this show is unbelivable.
the way the worlds is displaced here is and always will be how aisekai world be if It was in real life.
Aug 13, 2023 8:33 AM
Aug 2023
That was the shortest 24 minutes of my life lol
Hype Up!
Aug 13, 2023 8:37 AM

Jul 2017
This episode felt like 2 minutes, jeez. Everything just flew by so fast, but it was another strong, well-paced episode as a whole. Not too much plot movements but it was wholesome seeing Rudeus and Sylphie/Fitz interact a lot here at the library and even seeing Fitz in a cute fashion, want to go out with him as he and Zanoba planned to head to the slave market. The slave market itself is a part of the world and is widely accepted there, even if it is the complete opposite in our world for good reason, so values are just very different before virtue signalling takes place about the episode. Felt like the episode fleshed out the morals of the world and what is considered normal and acceptable practices there too to make it feel more crafted and detailed in the process.

Julie looked dishevelled and broken, especially with not getting the proper nutrition needed for such a young girl. Rudeus could somewhat empathize with feeling like there's nothing to gain moving forward in life and that there is no hope, but it's good to see Julie still want to live on, or at least for now, not want to die. Overall, this was a really nice episode that continues to build on the season effectively as well as characters in the process too. In this case, this showcased how Rudeus was progressing in his university daily life while actually having time to focus on improving himself and learning than just pure survival, and for Zanoba's case, figuring out different ways of how to fulfill his interests with figures that Rudeus brought to him years back. Julie's smile at the end was nice too, and it's good seeing her be treated well by them. Even Fitz had a lot of moments to make her/his character shine brightly here (even through her smiles). Loved her little teases to Rudeus about her master when in conversation with him, especially with how Rudeus is understandably oblivious to what is happening.

Nice seeing the return of other languages too with this season, that was a refreshing detail I did miss after season 1. This was such a breeze to watch through.
Aug 13, 2023 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
Hey! What the heck?! Why the episode was half-time this time? When Rudeus started teaching magic to Julie, I was sure the ending was at least 5-10 mins away.
AdrianRubinskyAug 13, 2023 8:43 AM
Aug 13, 2023 8:41 AM

Mar 2019
Its interesting that they portray the slave traders like a real life Arab slave traders
【LESSSS GOOOOOO】

- Convertible car
Aug 13, 2023 8:46 AM

Dec 2019
There aint no way in hell this ep went normal run time, this felt like it went 5 mins lol. Think the episode did such a damn good job with the immersiveness of the world and even portraying its harsh, problematic elements to us viewers as normal to that world since the morals there are different. Even Sylphie and Zanoba reacted to slaves without just vomitting by the thought of it since they have been in the noble world a lot and the concept was more widely accepted over there than here. Rather than change the world to fit Rudeus' vision of morals back in Japan, he's just living by it. He did save the beastwomen in season 1 but the slave traders themselves treated them really badly and they did kill 1 girl. Here, he did at least help Julie to motivate herself to keep pushing and provide her with tools to help her live forward and have her work with Zanoba to do what he can't accomplish - obviously without mistreating her too.

Sylphie was also great, and was constantly adorable from start to finish whether it was at the library or outside. Loved the episode a lot.
Aug 13, 2023 8:51 AM
Apr 2022
Utterly disappointed by the management doing the same trick again. They again time lapsed the 24min ep to 5min. I need another ep as compensation right now.
Aug 13, 2023 8:56 AM

Feb 2021
Rudeus is beginning to see the appeal of femboys.

Good episode covering how they got Julie, but they did skip the dialogue where Rudeus specifically said the slave had to be a girl, kinda of as nod to Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo, which the author of MT was fan of and was inspired by it.
Aug 13, 2023 8:58 AM
Sep 2021
The bond is strengthening between Rudeus and sylphy and hope rudeus can learn soon her true identity.
Aug 13, 2023 9:04 AM
Mar 2023
rudeus is a chaddd
Aug 13, 2023 9:08 AM

Feb 2021
Does swinging like that actually achieve anything? I've seen it in a loooot of anime but I still don't get it.
Also is it just me or the screen is always slightly moving? It's most noticable in scenes with little to no movement like 1:57. It's like in old movies, I like it.
Check out the full opening btw, it's good: https://youtu.be/fE9trKOuT3Q
7:44 This really reminded me of season 1 when they first met.
Poor Zanoba :'(
Slave market huh... This is going to get controversial.
Oh, so that's why Rudy has so damn much mana. I'm not sure if there was already an explanation though.
Languages! It's been a while since we've heard someone speak in a non-human language.
The title of the episode! I personally think that saying that she doesn't actually want to die makes her very strong.
Very good episode, it flew by.
Aug 13, 2023 9:08 AM

Aug 2022
I can't stand how short these eps are. Just give me 5 full seasons in one go ffs!
Aug 13, 2023 9:16 AM
Jun 2020
The Rising of the Impotent Hero.
Aug 13, 2023 9:25 AM
Jan 2019
Are they gonna raise a child or smt
Aug 13, 2023 9:28 AM

Mar 2020
Rudeus is so oblivious he thinks he's into boys, that is just comedy gold. If only he knew...

A rather slow episode in terms of progression, but at the same time, this episode felt like five minutes, it just flew by. Love seeing the Rudeus and Fitz moments, nice and wholesome. We also got to see Zanoba's interesting fascination into figures. To help him with the sculpting, Rudeus, Zanoba, and Fitz went to a slave market to look for a young child to teach incantations to, and they found Juliette, a young girl who seemed to feel hopeless. Rudeus, having faced a similar situation before, was able to empathize with her, and great that they were treating her well.

This arc so far has felt much better paced and I'm enjoying it more than the first arc for sure.
Aug 13, 2023 9:35 AM

Mar 2021
Mushoku tensei back with 2(4) minutes episodes. Truly amazing episode. Zanoba's got statue fetish. Feels bad for his future wife!!
Aug 13, 2023 9:37 AM

May 2015
Ahhh yes. Slaves market....my favourite.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 13, 2023 9:38 AM
Oct 2016
Rudy has settled into a nice routine at the school. Figuring out what his day to day should be is important so that he doesn't waste his time. Some light athletic training, going to a few classes to brush up on what Roxy taught him, working on figure making since Zanoba keeps begging to learn. Rudy has a full plate pretty much everyday now. Studying any kind of teleportation is difficult since it's very Taboo in this world. The saving grace is that book Fitz recommended to Rudy. Fitz is turning out to be very useful since he also offered a novel idea of how to help Zanoba figure making. It's very cute seeing Fitz try to get closer to Rudy, along with teasing about who he/she really is. I love those scenes as an audience member since we know while Rudy doesn't. Fitz's idea of getting a slave to help Zanoba make his figures is great! Zanoba super strength makes it impossible for him to hand craft figures so a slave would do him well. Rudy was very compassionate towards the little dwarf slave girl. Knowing her language helps him out too. Asking her if she even wants to live after being enslaved, he would've put her out of her misery if that's what she wanted. But her cries that she doesn't want to die were enough. Giving her a beautiful name Juliette named after the little brother Zanoba accidentally killed when he was a kid. Juliette is a sweet addition to the group, and will help Zanoba a lot making figures. 
Aug 13, 2023 9:43 AM

Nov 2021
This episode marks the return of made up languages that indicates the dedication of the whole studio and cast to make this language as believable and realistic as possible for a phenomenal fantasy isekai. I always appreciate that the studio still keep doing this different language conversations, it makes it more believable and doesn't feel like they did it last season for the sake of looking like an isekai. Don't ever change, Studio Bind.

Extra details -
When Zanoba was a child the king's 7th wife maybe who gave birth to her first child, whom they named Julius was unfortunately killed by Zanoba. He had a liking for dolls since a small age but due to his strength he gets to have strong stone dolls which he could not easily break. The king and queen were happy to see Zanoba taking interest in his little brother but Zanoba brutally ripped his brother's head off though I was technically an accident, Zanoba got under trial for killing his brother and king's 7th wife's first child but punishing him was considered too high of a price as he was a miko and beneficial for the Shirone army. Yes, Zanoba may not look like it but he's a monster and a very strong touki (fighting spirit) which is a physical barrier you may know about it already from season 1. It basically doesn't let arrows and swords through the skin. The stronger the touki, the more the protection.
Now, Zanoba was not punished, but someone had to be punished so Zanoba's biological mother was thrown out of the kingdom.

Aug 13, 2023 9:45 AM

Nov 2014
Isekai & unnecessary slavery

name a more iconic duo
Aug 13, 2023 9:46 AM

Dec 2020
Rudeus really think he is gay haha that reaction was funny but he will soon notice who fitts really is.
Rudeus, fitts and Zanoba are going to buy a slave for the crafts of the figure and they find a dwarf namef now juiliette.
Nice episode op is a banger.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 13, 2023 9:48 AM
Dec 2021
when will rudeus find out who fitz is? id like some kind of episode estimate
Aug 13, 2023 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Stupid Sylphie, why does she keep playing with Rudeus like this?!

At least Julie is adorable though.
Aug 13, 2023 9:55 AM
Jan 2023
The world building is so good here. Rudeus has definitely been naturalised in the way the slavery didn't bother him...

Fitz is definitely becoming less taciturn. The lid will definitely come off that secret soon.

It was interesting to see the daily life in education versus the life of the adventurer. He seems to be adapting well
Aug 13, 2023 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
Man it's so frustrating as the viewer to know Fitz's secret while Rudy remains oblivious. I just want to tell him so bad 😭😭

So Zanoba is so....into statues that not only does he do lewd things to them, but he, Fitz, and Rudy went out of their way to get a slave that they'll teach how to make figurines for Zanoba lol. Rudy having that conversation with Julie was depressing, but in the end she didn't want to die and is now being cared for so that's nice. A slower episode this week, but it still went by quick as usual.

ChickenDan said:
Isekai & unnecessary slavery

name a more iconic duo
An isekai with a medieval fantasy setting has slavery? No way 😱😱😱
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 13, 2023 10:10 AM

Apr 2020
I was flailing at how screwed up the slave market was the whole time, but it 'wouldn't be an isekai without slavery' ahahaha...

Side note. Mr. Fitz gives off way too much feminine charm. It's too blinding.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Aug 13, 2023 10:19 AM

Sep 2007
Think what you want but I thought it was hilarious when Fitz made that comment about the slaves being "naked" 

At first I thought Fitz was commenting about the obvious female slave but upon rewatching the scene again I realized Fitz was referring to something else....

Look at me wasting brain cells on that. lol...or maybe I'm just slow
IkanoAug 13, 2023 10:23 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 13, 2023 10:22 AM
Jun 2023
Another really good episode. Sylphie ascending in best girl rankings with each passing ep.
Aug 13, 2023 10:24 AM
May 2022
can someone explain this to me? Has Sylphiette lost her memory? Why doesn't she tell Rudeus about herself ?
Aug 13, 2023 10:27 AM

Feb 2019
Rudy Lowkey bi for getting turned on by Fitz 😂 but I don’t blame him, cute is cute.

Episodes like these are just what makes mushoku tensei so great. No action, just amazing worldbuilding and intimate character moments. I mean we essentially just had Rudy and Fitz talk, Zanoa and Rudy talk and the slave market, yet I constantly was checking the tv for how much time was left because I didn’t want the episode to end.

Moments like Fitz smiling about Rudeus not being able to meet her master, being nervous to ask could she accompany Rudeus to the slave market and Juliette getting named are as good as any sakuga action scene. This is how you write a good story and make people become invested. And they didn’t need to cut the OP today to do it!

Brilliant episode
Marinate1016Aug 13, 2023 10:32 AM
Aug 13, 2023 10:27 AM
Jan 2023
Pastern said:
That was the shortest 24 minutes of my life lol
Hype Up!

because it feels like they stretch 2 panel lol
Aug 13, 2023 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
Based Rudeus supporting slavery to help the fetish of his bro. The slavemaster looking like an Arab was the cherry on the top.
Aug 13, 2023 10:37 AM
Jul 2023
People squirming and thirsting of a ecchi scene is quite amusing to watch

Aug 13, 2023 10:51 AM
Jan 2022
masterpiece at the genre of Isekai..but sex related things are too much..it will put a bad impact to it's rating that's for sure.
Aug 13, 2023 10:56 AM
Jul 2020
as great as ever from mushoku
Aug 13, 2023 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
Emad0140 said:
can someone explain this to me? Has Sylphiette lost her memory? Why doesn't she tell Rudeus about herself ?

It will mostly and probably be given in the later episodes, just wait. If you can't, then, spoil your fun. 😏

Anyways, this episode was rather subtle that it was mostly decent but Syl—Fitz movements were quite lovely. Even Rudeus was stunned by her charisma? appeal? 🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 13, 2023 11:25 AM

Feb 2022
Interesting to see this show go at a slower pace, so many episodes skipped openings and endings or were extended in the prior season but seems like at the pace we might see normal episodes more frequently. Not that I mind, though I do want more openings that show off the environment better getting a better feel for the school and surroundings would have been a nice touch and keep this show at the top when it comes to world building for isekai, at least to me.

I know Rudeus has been through a lot but I find myself not liking him as much with his more dark and indifferent "traveled" personality. He may have been a bit ignorant to reality but I wish we saw more of that optimistic and goofy version pop out, maybe time at school will help with that. Seeing him experience a slave market like he's shopping for his groceries for the week felt a bit off to me.

Spending a good chunk of his time to teach a language and magic to a young girl is an interesting way he's choosing to spend his time. That's a lot of hours down the drain to teach her sculpting... I guess he's just going with the flow since the god led him this way but still I'm surprised he didn't even have an inner dialog wondering if this was for the best instead of improving himself or learning everything he can about teleportation.

Really curious how this arc will play out, not easy to predict what may come next so that's nice in a way.
Aug 13, 2023 11:26 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 13, 2023 11:29 AM
Jul 2016
I can't believe that they're suggesting slavery to solve a problem with a lack of skill and talent. Only Mushoku Tensei. I mean I guess the show is overall less gross now since everyone is a teenager now. But damn, no taboo is left untouched in this wholesome fantasy anime.

For now I continue watching.

Anyway I love the fake yaoi dynamic between Fitz and Rudeus. <3
erikkamirsAug 13, 2023 11:33 AM
Aug 13, 2023 11:34 AM
Jan 2021
its just boring and the worst epsiode on this seasone
Aug 13, 2023 11:35 AM

May 2015
I wish Ruijerd was here, he would have freed all of these people. Apart from that, it's cute to see Syphie spend time with Rudeus, the ED made it seem like she was always going to be on her own and watching him from afar.
Aug 13, 2023 11:36 AM

Dec 2019
Droebie said:
Interesting to see this show go at a slower pace, so many episodes skipped openings and endings or were extended in the prior season but seems like at the pace we might see normal episodes more frequently. Not that I mind, though I do want more openings that show off the environment better getting a better feel for the school and surroundings would have been a nice touch and keep this show at the top when it comes to world building for isekai, at least to me.

I know Rudeus has been through a lot but I find myself not liking him as much with his more dark and indifferent "traveled" personality. He may have been a bit ignorant to reality but I wish we saw more of that optimistic and goofy version pop out, maybe time at school will help with that. Seeing him experience a slave market like he's shopping for his groceries for the week felt a bit off to me.

Spending a good chunk of his time to teach a language and magic to a young girl is an interesting way he's choosing to spend his time. That's a lot of hours down the drain to teach her sculpting... I guess he's just going with the flow since the god led him this way but still I'm surprised he didn't even have an inner dialog wondering if this was for the best instead of improving himself or learning everything he can about teleportation.

Really curious how this arc will play out, not easy to predict what may come next so that's nice in a way.
I mean he's already working on improving himself magic-wise and trying to heal mentally slowly, and learn about the teleportation. But he also just wants to enjoy his life a bit and he does consider Zanoba a friend so he is willing to help him out, guy hasn't had many bros as mates in the series so far so it's a nice gesture to help him and Julie out like that. He is not as much as indifferent 'traveled' personality, but more politefully distant I would say. He is on good terms with Zanoba and Fitz but he is also not trying to get way too close either considering what happened in the past with abandonment issues and his ongoing ED. It's not as bad as the previous arc where Soldat called him out on it all the time but it still does linger for him. School arc should hopefully have his issues melt away and he can be a bit goofier and more lively as time progresses.
Aug 13, 2023 11:38 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode of mushoku tensei this week
felt pretty bad for the slave child but shes in good hands now
cant wait for the next ep
pretty excited for ep 7 seeing as its the incident with the beast girls

Aug 13, 2023 11:43 AM

Jan 2018
Damn. Looks like it's keeping the OP from the last episode. I guess the lack of insert songs can kind of be explained by the beginning of the episode. Showing the same school too many times could get boring fast. But I'd rather they just skip the OP entirely like Re:ZERO and dedicate that time to content that would get cut otherwise.

It's frustrating to see Rudeus not connecting the dots and recognizing Fitz is Sylphie. But I guess he really just forgot about Sylphie already considering he didn't mention her once.

The "I Don't Want to Die" scene was more positive in this episode than what I had expected which I guess was good.

Zanoba got a slave just so he could make anime figures. Well, at least the slave Julie will have a better life now than when she was just rotting away in a cage with the other slaves.
0451Aug 13, 2023 11:48 AM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.