Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 2023 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
Bojji and Kage are off to their own adventures, though finding Ouken just sitting at one corner of the forest...what's up with him?

King Desha going to the divine treasure vault to see some divine swords, it's a measure to turn Ouken back from his cursed immortality into a human. But without a head, Prince Despa and the Underworld's Captain must let loose of Ouken to retrieve his head, while Desha sacrifices a demon girl in the process.

Revitalized but still insane, at least Ouken is back as a human again. But fearing for the worst for King Desha, Ouken heads to the Divine Treasure Vault, only to find that the demon girl is still alive, and King Desha subject to the Ranking of Kings, with Ouken slaying the false king down before he could get any farther, and the former trading his memories instead, roaming around as a free man, passing both Bojji and Kage by.

With the surroundings, Bojji and Kage simmer down and look at the people passing by, the fruits of a kingdom under their noses.

A lil' side adventure of Ousama Ranking that may not excite like the main series, but a nice side story of sorts.
KANLen09Jun 15, 2023 12:16 PM
Jun 15, 2023 9:40 AM

Nov 2007
a special show next week w. casts attending. an important news awaits (will the sequel be coming?)
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/529023

New movie announced
https://twitter.com/osama_ranking/status/1671917209931890688
tsubasaloverJun 22, 2023 9:27 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 15, 2023 11:12 AM

Apr 2020
It was all right.
A big drop from S1 imo. 
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 15, 2023 11:34 AM

Mar 2021
It's always great to see Bojii and Kage have fun together really hope we get a season 2
Jun 15, 2023 11:47 AM

Mar 2021
KANLen09 said:
The anime-original story of Ouken's comeback after his immortality episode from the main series.

Ouken seemingly raised from the dead, brothers of King Desha and Prince Despa going to a treasury t break his immortality. And it sure took a lot of work to get Ouken back to his human self, back to being the Captain of the Underworld.

But Bojji and Kage are having fun going on their own adventure.

Well, this is a fun lil' side adventure of Ousama Ranking, that still carries the allure of the main series.
None of this episode is anime-original, actually. It starts at chapter 156 of the manga, picking up where season 1 of the anime left off, and adapts the next 10 or so chapters very faithfully. This is essentially the first episode of season 2. 
Jun 15, 2023 11:54 AM
Sep 2015
I didn't expect this spin-off to be a sequel at the same time, and this episode is so full of very important events, I almost skip this one.
Jun 15, 2023 12:05 PM
Nov 2021
Bandanaa said:
KANLen09 said:
The anime-original story of Ouken's comeback after his immortality episode from the main series.

Ouken seemingly raised from the dead, brothers of King Desha and Prince Despa going to a treasury t break his immortality. And it sure took a lot of work to get Ouken back to his human self, back to being the Captain of the Underworld.

But Bojji and Kage are having fun going on their own adventure.

Well, this is a fun lil' side adventure of Ousama Ranking, that still carries the allure of the main series.
None of this episode is anime-original, actually. It starts at chapter 156 of the manga, picking up where season 1 of the anime left off, and adapts the next 10 or so chapters very faithfully. This is essentially the first episode of season 2. 
I was about to say...this did NOT feel like anime-original/filler. It seems very signifiant with hints of new, important characters, new mysteries (and the solving of some old ones), and new plot points.

I loved it. A pleasant surprise. This episode, the previous one, and the ones focused on Ouken's fall are very important. People who miss those episodes going into season 2 (the real season 2) will have missed something significant.
Jun 15, 2023 12:06 PM
Feb 2020
Season 2 when? This cant be the end! I NEED MORE!!!
Jun 15, 2023 12:15 PM
May 2021
As a manga reader, I just want you to let you know, this is Episode 24.
Jun 15, 2023 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
Lol Ouken (and Desha too) had me for a second.

Of course we had to end with Boji and Kage. Loved watching this. Great complimentary material to the main series, but we definitely need a continuation. I guess if we get S2 it will continue from the events of this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2023 12:34 PM

Dec 2022
pretty good i wonder what will happen to desha
Jun 15, 2023 12:56 PM
Apr 2022
I'm a little bit disappointed in the last episode. After episode 9 which had a nice wrap to the point of Bojji and Kage meeting they drop an episode which let us wonder what happened to Desha.
They could make episode 10 being episode 9 but without Desha disappearing and then we would have a happy ending with a touching op1 song at the end and now it looks like there's going to be a continuation but why? what for? Imma watch it ofc but imo it'll be unnecessary
Jun 15, 2023 1:05 PM
Oct 2016
A very intriguing way to end this batch of episodes. Containing some stories set in between events of the first season, well before the first season or towards the end of after the first season. Desha going to save Ouken was not something I expected these episodes to show us. Desha did agree to accept the top ranking at the end of the first season but now we see the price he must pay to save his younger brother. Having to lose his memories to revert Ouken back to sanity. Many great shots as Ouken walked around the temple and especially when he tricked that god into lowering his guard. Bojji and Kage have made their way to a faraway kingdom as they journey across the land whenever the wind takes them. Kage is right that Bojji needs to keep being the wholesome boy he is, no need for Bojji to change. The moment of them two staring off into the peaceful city made me tear up, they're so precious together. These episodes have been a variety of quality ajd a variety of storytelling. I've enjoyed pretty much all of them and a few were very touching and heartfelt. I loved the parts set after the first season seeing Bojji and Kage mature selves and how things in the kingdom are progressing.
80/100
Jun 15, 2023 1:22 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I honestly was not expecting the final episode to be this ominous. This is the first time the chamber of the kings is shown and everything there reeks weird and kinda diabolical with lots of questions to be raised. Alas, Ouken is finally back thanks to Desha in exchange for his memories and once he realized it he won't stop chasing him to get him back. Meanwhile, Bojji and Kage are already on their journey when they briefly pass next to some guy with a cane (who was that?) only for them to end it at a view of a kindgdom of lower ranking.

Overall, at first I wasn't much of a fan of this season snce the episodes were cute but too tame without adding much to the overall enoyment since the drama was gone. However the Ouken episodes in particular changed my view about it and gave me the feeling that the much needed context to be told was here. So in that regard I can actually recommend the series or at the very least give it some points for it.

I wonder if there will there be more content for this series. In any case, I'll be in the lookout for it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 15, 2023 1:24 PM

Dec 2018
Really good way to wrap up the season. For a second there I thought he was going to revive but lose his mind. Thankfully he snapped out of it.
Jun 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Nov 2013
Intriguing episode. We finally see the vault. Gods and demons are so mysterious! Ouken is back but Desha is "gone". This was definitely a continuation of the main plot. Now they MUST give us S2.
Jun 15, 2023 2:07 PM
Apr 2019
This HAS to lead up to a second season. We can’t be left in the dark about Desha and the mysterious caned person!
Jun 15, 2023 4:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay, that was a fine spin-off, nothing too good but why not
Jun 15, 2023 4:23 PM

Jan 2009
oken is back but king desha lost his memories in return

so the ranking of kings has demons to grant wishes eh just like how the father of boji wish something like be the strongest man to a demon
Jun 15, 2023 4:46 PM

Jan 2021
I knew they wouldn't kill off King Desha. A life to give one back, nah he lost his memories is a hobo now. Well I'm glad we finally got to see the ranking of kings. Its still very cryptic which I appreciate. With how much was focused on the three brothers, then only a small portion for Boji and Kage. It makes me think we'll get another season with these two stories interweaving. Which I'm totally cool with. I originally thought that's what we were going to get.
Jun 15, 2023 5:04 PM

Feb 2021
Amazing ending and I liked how it led back to being cannon.

Is this disabled person someone we know or a new character?

"𝘏𝘦𝘺, 𝘏𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪... 𝘕𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦."
⁻𝘕𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘖𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘪
Jun 15, 2023 5:24 PM
Oct 2019
Definitely the best episode for sure.
Ouken is back but at what cost?

more mystery, more world building, more sneak peak character that might be involved in Season 2 onwards.

7/10

i need Season 2 announcement ASAP.
Jun 15, 2023 6:12 PM

Oct 2018
Another episode from series dir., makes it worth watching through all the uninteresting just for these types of eps. Not expecting S2 to be released soon but wouldn't mind one.
Jun 15, 2023 6:48 PM

Jul 2016
Oh boy, the lore. Really interesting stuff with the introduction of Gods and the "Ranking of Kings" people. Ouken is back but at the exchange of Desha's memories, who now looks like an empty vessel. Not gonna lie, this current storyline looks hella promising (unlike S1's disappointing second cour) so I kinda hope Wit makes a S2 announcement someday.

Overall, pretty nice installment to the Ousama Ranking franchise. Really appreciated the extra context for certain events as well as the additional background info regarding some specific characters. Episodes focused on Bojji were sweet and all but the ones focused on Ouken and his brothers were easily the most engaging ones.

7/10
Jun 15, 2023 6:59 PM

Mar 2021
uuuuno said:
Bandanaa said:
I was about to say...this did NOT feel like anime-original/filler. It seems very signifiant with hints of new, important characters, new mysteries (and the solving of some old ones), and new plot points.

I loved it. A pleasant surprise. This episode, the previous one, and the ones focused on Ouken's fall are very important. People who miss those episodes going into season 2 (the real season 2) will have missed something significant.
It will be impossible to watch season 2 without watching this episode! Makes me wonder if they're going to re-air this last episode as the first episode of the eventual second season, or if they're really just going to rely on people going out of their way to watch this spinoff series. Either way, this episode's existence makes me really optimistic about a future continuation.
Jun 15, 2023 7:00 PM
Apr 2023
There is something i dont get it. On imdb it says there will be two more episodes this season but everyone says this is the last episode to this season. So will there be two more episodes or no? If we see another two episodes, will they be canon like this episode? If they will be canon it will almost catch the manga so i rather see good fillers like the other episodes, otherwise we will need to wait years for the second season or we will never see it happen.
Jun 15, 2023 7:23 PM

Apr 2022
was hoping for some more bojji and kage and they gave it in the end. not the worst thing this season but still one of the disappointments of the season, 5/10 bang average.
Jun 15, 2023 8:10 PM

Mar 2023
this final episode was amazing, Ouken finally got back to normal but sadly because of Desha's sacrifice of his memories. I do have a few questions which i bet the manga will answer but

1) whats the deal with the Ranking of Kings? like they don't exactly seem to be evil but at the same time they arent really helping anyone. Plus who are all the silhouette people in that room?

2) a more obvious question but whats gonna happen with Desha? the story of the Mad King is kinda explained "in between the lines" in both seasons with subtle hints so im assuming Desha will possibly also go homeless and insane too but the difference between both the Mad King and Desha is that people are looking for and trying to help Desha. So who knows maybe he will get his memories back eventually.

3) last and quick question, who was that guy with the weird eyes and cane? Bojii and Kage passed him in the town they stopped at and it was very obvious from that slow-mo that he is very important. I thought it was indicating that he pickpocketed Bojii or something but then he never showed up again and the episode ended.

Aside from the questions, I really loved this episode. It gave closure to some plot points from the first season while also making new plot points that seem far from being answered. im giving this a 10/10 once again. hopefully a 3rd season will come out soon otherwise im gonna read the rest of the manga.
My Candys!

Jun 15, 2023 8:31 PM
May 2017
They saved the peakest content for episode 10. Ahh poor Despa, he regained a brother but lost his other one, will those 3 ever be reunited again? Their fate is always so tragic. But aside from that woahhh, Ouken is just the third person we've seen defeat a god in single combat, other than Bosse amped with Bojii's potential and Desha killing their weakened father. But going off of that, I didn't know there were any gods still alive until now. It seems survivors of their race lives in hiding now, I wonder what that god wanted with those beings inside those crumbling ruins? At first I thought they were ominous beings, but whatever they said to Ouken completely changed his tune. I wonder what they are? Whatever the case is, that was a perfect transition for a season 2. Oh I almost forgot... what was with that cane dude? He obviously has something up his sleeve..

Anyways 7/10 overall

I was convinced I wouldn't give this anything above a 6, but this episode carried 
Jun 15, 2023 8:37 PM
Oct 2022
muy buena terminacion la verdad muy entretenida esta serie acalra muchas cosas
Jun 15, 2023 8:55 PM

Sep 2018
Ended up better than the original, 7/10. I do enjoy spin off series like this, similar to the Slime diaries.
Jun 15, 2023 9:02 PM

Mar 2021
I really do appreciate little side stories, background stories, and what not, but I was quite surprised that we just rejoined the main story just like that. Now I just will wait patiently for a season two... 
Jun 15, 2023 9:23 PM

Feb 2019
So this felt like a lead into season 2. Kinda have a clear direction for Ouken and his brother now. Is there enough manga stuff for it
Jun 15, 2023 11:38 PM

Feb 2021
The price Desha had to make Ouken normal again is wiping out his memories...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 16, 2023 12:43 AM

Jun 2021
This was a watchable spin-off. Just enjoyed Boji and Kage's little adventure and other characters backstory as well.
Jun 16, 2023 2:47 AM

Oct 2016
Oh, this episode definitely didn't feel like a side story and it was fantastic, we're getting into the Gods now and the secret of the Ranking of Kings, well, I say now, but it's probably gonna be a while, if and when we get a season 2.

While this episode was fantastic, the whole season overall is just ok, it was good, but the parts I enjoyed the most are definitely the episodes that are set after the first season and as well as the episodes about the 3 brothers. Man, they really not letting all 3 of them live happily at the same time lmao, 1 has got to suffer, but it's good to have Ouken back at least.. Anyway, I hope we get a season 2 announcement soon. 7/10
Jun 16, 2023 3:48 AM

Mar 2016
In this season full of side-stories, I didn't expect to have a non-side story in the very last chapter, and what a chapter!. It is very welcome and now I want to see more. Hopefully we get a new (real) season soon.
Jun 16, 2023 8:39 AM

Apr 2021
I'm so glad Ouken in back T^T
Jun 16, 2023 8:43 AM
Jan 2016
it was eh up til the last episode tbh
Jun 16, 2023 11:16 AM
Mar 2015
And everything is right with the world
Jun 16, 2023 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
that was intense .. so excited for the continuation
Jun 16, 2023 3:56 PM

Jun 2009
good final episode which definitely will be the lead in to the next actual season

overall, not bad. felt they could have labeled this as specials and then my expectations would have been different. but always enjoy watching Bojji. can't wait for the next installment.
Jun 16, 2023 5:37 PM
Feb 2020
It made me cry when I saw desher lol
Jun 16, 2023 9:17 PM

Feb 2021
This finally was amazing
Got emotional when Ouken got back his humanity. 

I really need to know what happened to King Desha, this show could easily have a sequel.
Jun 17, 2023 2:25 AM

Jul 2011
Ouken is broken man, straight out crossed a God off the census!
Jun 17, 2023 9:48 AM

Sep 2020
I need that new season announcement STAT! There were more than a few stories worth watching and It's always nice to see more footage of your favorite characters. This episode was all about Ouken returning back to his human form and setting up for next season.

8/10

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 17, 2023 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
Shitty season, but this episode didn't feel like a filler and was good, was it adapted from the manga?
Jun 18, 2023 2:21 AM
May 2020
a very different story from the usual side stories, ouken is back to normal after all this time, get get to see a lil bit of the treasures that comes with being 1st in the rankings of kings and the the exploitation of these devils make it oh so interesting. I'm wondering though if this episode is canon or not?
Jun 18, 2023 10:38 AM

Sep 2013
Well, now they just made the wait for season 2 that much worse. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Overall super nice season, was very good having not just cute moment but a lot of context and insight to other characters, specially in the underworld.
SEASON2SEASON2SEASON2 MANIFEST!
Jun 18, 2023 2:42 PM
Feb 2019
I’m hoping they’ll rebroadcast this as episode one for season 2 when that comes out in the future. I’d feel bad for those who’ll have to watch essentially 9 episodes of filler to get to this episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking: Yuuki no Takarabako Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 1, 2023

51 by haydnwright »»
May 24, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking: Yuuki no Takarabako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Apr 13, 2023

104 by wallus81 »»
Mar 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking: Yuuki no Takarabako Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 18, 2023

39 by Thrillerx »»
Feb 22, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Most half hearted cash grab attempt that you've seen?

GakutoDeathGlare - Apr 20, 2023

14 by Gator »»
Jan 26, 3:23 AM

» Slight hypocrisy going on?

GakutoDeathGlare - Apr 13, 2023

42 by Gator »»
Jan 26, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.