Forums
New
Jun 9, 2023 11:53 AM

Oct 2017
The episode 1... sweet jesus 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 9, 2023 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
It becomes very wholesome about five minutes in, once that whole "I want to kill her" gag is dropped and never returns.

Jun 9, 2023 12:02 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
It becomes very wholesome about five minutes in, once that whole "I want to kill her" gag is dropped and never returns.

I don't even see why that bit was added in to begin with. Nothing would change about the story if he didn't want to kill her and is quickly forgot about and never mentioned again in future episodes.
Jun 9, 2023 12:05 PM
Sep 2020
BucketBall said:
Piromysl said:

I don't even see why that bit was added in to begin with. Nothing would change about the story if he didn't want to kill her and is quickly forgot about and never mentioned again in future episodes.

that part is pretty cringy so i had to remind myself he's just an edgy middle schooler while watching the first episodes
kiyxziiJun 10, 2023 12:32 PM
Jun 9, 2023 12:07 PM

Jul 2021
To be honest i had the same reaction with episode 1, almost dropped but the next episodes are very good with the romance and the relationship between these two.

It is really good when he stops with the "Kill You" Vibes just after the 2 episode, i recommend you to continue the anime give it a chance.
Jun 9, 2023 1:03 PM
Jun 2020
There is nothing more cringe than using the word "cringe".
Jun 9, 2023 1:12 PM
Jan 2021
Give it the 3 ep rule trust this anime is worth your time once he drops the cringe “im gonna kill you act” this show really takes off
Jun 9, 2023 1:16 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
BucketBall said:
Piromysl said:

I figured it was just an easy way to show how quickly he drops his whole chūnibyō persona and grows into a more well rounded person. I agree theres probably another way to do it, but since it’s so short lived I didn’t really mind personally.
Jun 9, 2023 1:27 PM

Apr 2021
Umbreon20 said:

I don’t trust anyone that says “cringe”, it is an over used term in the anime world and not even used correctly.

If you actually had some genuinely honest complaints about the first episode then you would list them out, but you don’t say anything that is worth listening too.

All you admitted is that you don’t get it, which you should then ask for why people like the anime series.

And another thing, you watched the first episode, that does not represent the entire anime series, it is not good to judge the entire show based on this one episode, they are barely setting up an anime in the first episode.

No one who just watches 1 episode of an anime, then stops, should be allowed to rate or review the anime, that is ridiculously unfair.

Also, the first episode actually does a good job of setting up the backdrop for the story and why two completely different people end up in the most unlikely state of being in love.

The boy with an obsession for murder, no friends, and hates all the students, especially the girl that he believes is a horrible person, actually learns first hand not to judge a book by its cover and to actually get to know people.

After getting to know her, and her him, they start to help each other, like each other, become friends, and even end up developing feelings for one another.

This whole interaction is funny and cute.
ejleonJun 9, 2023 1:51 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 9, 2023 1:32 PM

Apr 2021
Turquoisetic said:
Give it the 3 ep rule trust this anime is worth your time once he drops the cringe “im gonna kill you act” this show really takes off

1 episode or 3 episode watching is ridiculous, no one who does this should be allowed to rate or review the anime, only people who watch the whole anime series.

It’s like reading 3 chapters in a book or watching 3 scenes in a movie and then dropping it based on that, this is unfair to the writers.

How would you like it if you worked on some project and someone lazily took a couple glances and judged it was bad, without really giving it a chance?

This is completely illogical
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 9, 2023 1:34 PM

Apr 2021
BucketBall said:
Piromysl said:

The first episode actually does a good job of setting up the backdrop for the story and why two completely different people end up in the most unlikely state of being in love.

The boy with an obsession for murder, no friends, and hates all the students, especially the girl that he believes is a horrible person, actually learns first hand not to judge a book by its cover and to actually get to know people.

After getting to know her, and her him, they start to help each, like each other, become friends, and end up developing feelings for one another.

There interaction is actually funny and cute once as their really getting to know each other.

Jun 9, 2023 1:38 PM
Jan 2021
ejleon said:
Turquoisetic said:

1 episode or 3 episode watching is ridiculous, no one who does this should be allowed to rate or review the anime, only people who watch the whole anime series.

It’s like reading 3 chapters in a book or watching 3 scenes in a movie and then dropping it based on that, this is unfair to the writers.

How would you like it if you worked on some project and someone lazily took a couple glances and judged it was bad, without really giving it a chance?

Im serious tho i love this show however if for example another show isnt good in 72 minutes (3 episodes) it isnt worth my time 72 minutes is more than enough time to tell if a show is good enough
Jun 9, 2023 1:43 PM

Apr 2021
Turquoisetic said:
ejleon said:

Im serious tho i love this show however if for example another show isnt good in 72 minutes (3 episodes) it isnt worth my time 72 minutes is more than enough time to tell if a show is good enough

I love this show too, so I hope people give it a chance.

I would disagree.

I have watched anime where the show doesn’t really get good until after 1 - 3 episodes, then I really ended up liking the anime that I thought wasn’t going to be good earlier on.

Unless you really don’t have the time for some reason, I think you are missing out on some good anime by doing this and misjudging them also.

Jun 9, 2023 1:52 PM
Aug 2021
BucketBall said:
Piromysl said:

he didn't want to really kill her. That was how he was dealing with his feeling of inadequacy and atraction to a girl he never thought he had a chance with. it's why he dresses like a punk and reads books about murder. To keep people away from him so he can't be hurt again.
Jun 9, 2023 2:07 PM
Jan 2021
its awkward typical non non biyori mixed , wdym cringe bru getcho azz out here mane
Jun 9, 2023 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
bro need to watch whole anime before tag line it cringe lmaooo , if u want the "real cringe" watch kanokari bozo
Jun 9, 2023 2:14 PM
Dec 2021
kiyxzii said:
BucketBall said:

ikr it doesn't change anything i really dont get why it would be added in the first place. its cringy so i had to remind myself he's just an edgy middle schooler while watching the first episodes

tbh i think its just to sbow how childish his mentality is before he met yamada
Jun 9, 2023 3:13 PM
Nov 2020
KYi7O said:
bro need to watch whole anime before tag line it cringe lmaooo , if u want the "real cringe" watch kanokari bozo

I disagree with this, you can't expect someone to watch a whole anime while not liking it before labeling it as cringe imo.
Jun 9, 2023 3:44 PM
Jul 2021
The only people that unironically use the word cringe are either socially inept losers or people under 14

Also, the “murder” schtick was pretty necessary. The kid is an edgy teenager obsessed with dark things, he’s basically a chuuni. He became obsessed with Yamada and equated it with the feelings for him wanting to murder things and stuff like death (basically intrusive thoughts) because he didn’t understand his own feelings for her. There’s a reason it basically went away after he became aware of his true emotions.
Jun 9, 2023 4:00 PM

Oct 2021
BucketBall said:
Piromysl said:

You want to make the bland mc even more bland? The dude is a chuuni loner edgelord, it's fitting his character.
Jun 9, 2023 4:13 PM
Jan 2021
Cats999 said:
KYi7O said:

I disagree with this, you can't expect someone to watch a whole anime while not liking it before labeling it as cringe imo.
thats the point of story progression brudda , if u dont know 
Jun 9, 2023 4:55 PM
Apr 2022
Different people have different "cringe" tolerance and views about what they think is "cringe". I myself, found this show to be more cringe than "Ijiranaide Nagatoro-San", almost to the point of dropping it at around episode 6. Can't put my finger on why I find it so cringe to be honest, but Ichikawa definately is the male MC I found myself "hating" (read that as 'not liking', not exactly hating) the most in all rom-com anime I've watched.

With that said, the highs of this show kinda make-up for it, Yamada is a very charismatic female MC and the show has very wholesome moments. Personally a 6/10 show for me, definately would have loved to see Ichikawa being a bit more direct with Yamada, but I can find enjoyment out of it in the end.
Jun 9, 2023 5:31 PM
Jul 2022
This anime had one of the worst first episodes I've ever seen. I really wanted to hate that little weirdo loser but he gets better as the anime goes on. I have no idea why they made him out to be this edge lord in episode 1 lol
Jun 9, 2023 5:39 PM
Nov 2020
KYi7O said:
Cats999 said:

for shorter anime I'd understand your argument but for things that are long you can't really expect people who don't like it to sit through 4 hours worth of content
Jun 9, 2023 6:26 PM

Jan 2013
That reminds me, I really hated how pointless that first episode was, what happened to the "I'm going to kill her" angle? It really doesn't make any sense to write that off as just a chuuni moment, but I digress. I wanted to see a romcom about a budding serial killer who falls in love with the girl who he planned to make his first victim. lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jun 9, 2023 7:17 PM

Apr 2022
yeah, there has been some progress but i still find it, and the mc's whole emo look cringe. 
one of my friends who is liking the series told me he likes it because having an edgy phase is relatable so he finds it somewhat realistic, which i never had. 
so i guess it's just not for me, i find it odd, not realistic lmao.
Jun 9, 2023 8:27 PM
Jan 2023
I dropped it after watching episode 2. It was too much cringe. But I picked up episode 3 and now I kinda like it.
Jun 9, 2023 9:18 PM
Jan 2023
It's very cringe of course, but after the firts episodes boku no kokoro is transform into a very cute romance with a good development (sometimes a cringe moment happens, but nothing horrible or extremely embarrasing)
Jun 9, 2023 9:51 PM
Apr 2022
its a very wholesome anime/manga
Jun 10, 2023 3:07 AM
Feb 2018
Is all part of the characters development. You will get it eventually, and look back to it and understand it.
Jun 10, 2023 3:19 AM
Jan 2021
Cats999 said:
KYi7O said:

for shorter anime I'd understand your argument but for things that are long you can't really expect people who don't like it to sit through 4 hours worth of content
its not gonna cost 4 hour mane wdym kekL , if u dont know the jokes that author and director want in this anime just leave go to more mainstream option . and for kokoro yabai i think its worth it tho honestly , and sometimes people say hey its boring cause dont watch the whole and blabla people preference like this we DO NOT CARE if u dont watch the rest of it , if u wanna review , watch the rest of it , if u dont ur opinion just like paper plane fly through the sea and drowning . it just doesnt match u know cause people dont know the rest of it and pointing out one mistake just like OMG GUYS GUYS ITS CRINGE , its just bozo things these days that they dont know awkward comedy .
KYi7OJun 10, 2023 3:26 AM
Jun 10, 2023 3:28 AM
Jan 2021
idk why still calling it "cringe"  , fam i hate it type this c word but yea , even the music is good that supporting the awkwardness of situation yall dont even notices this bruuu , ur taste only in action honestly , mid taste of ears i guess .
Jun 10, 2023 3:31 AM
Jan 2021
like dont stuck in ur 2000s fake nostalgic , mane gonna move on , a lot of anime this year that actually good and stop dickraiding old anime , like fr aint gonna lie .
Jun 10, 2023 4:09 AM
Apr 2023
BucketBall said:
Piromysl said:

Just keep watching.
Season 1 is not end.
Jun 10, 2023 5:53 AM
Jun 2022
I feel like this anime is made for those who are psychopaths who loves to people die. as first episode goes it is indicated that mc tried to kill fmc so psychopaths will stick to the story and see what happens but surprisingly they will stuck to a best romance of this season and stops being psychopaths. it was author's purposeful decision to make first 1-2 episodes like that.
Jun 10, 2023 6:57 AM
Jan 2021
st970715 said:
BucketBall said:

Just keep watching.
Season 1 is not end.

I am caught up though
Jun 10, 2023 7:05 AM
Sep 2020
After ep 3 it gets WAYY better. Trust. This is probably the most wholesome show of this season
Jun 10, 2023 9:00 AM
Mar 2023
Once you realize that the kid is a total chunibyo and is basically pretending to be nuts because he thinks it makes him interesting then the whole thing becomes a lot cuter.
Jun 10, 2023 10:55 AM
Jan 2023
Polvo_Aranha said:
There is nothing more cringe than using the word "cringe".

damn right my guy 💯
Jun 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Nov 2020
his edgyness is pretty much nonexistent after a couple of episodes
Jun 10, 2023 12:16 PM
Jan 2021
Out of the 30 shows I started with this season, this is top 3 for sure. Worth the watch
Jun 10, 2023 12:24 PM
Apr 2016
Probably It started as a One-shot manga then got serialized and changed the want-to-kill-her route to a better. Everyone should watch at least 3 episodes befor rate.
Jun 10, 2023 12:30 PM
Sep 2020
TheCupSlammer said:
kiyxzii said:

ikr it doesn't change anything i really dont get why it would be added in the first place. its cringy so i had to remind myself he's just an edgy middle schooler while watching the first episodes

tbh i think its just to sbow how childish his mentality is before he met yamada

yeah i know, i went into the first episode without any knowledge so i thought to myself he's just edgy and young(been there) whenever he would think about killing Yamada. i continued it to be able to properly judge it and im so happy i did. i started the manga too, i love seeing them slowly grow:)
Jun 10, 2023 12:43 PM
Feb 2021
People saying that Ichikawa is "cringe", hence are embarrassed by what he's saying and doing, or even openly hate him after several episodes, are, in my opinion, rather close mentally and in age to him. In other words, they hate to be reminded of their own past as a insecure 14 year old kid or compare it how they'd done it instead of him at his age.
Me, I don't care about how insecure he is or gets, I'm more than three decades older than him and it's part of the narrative which allows for good character progression.
I do however agree with the notion of the whole "I want to murder everyone/Yamada" part being superfluous. Cut that out and you'd not really loose anything.
Jun 10, 2023 2:56 PM
Feb 2022
nah, it's just you. Or maybe I'm cringe too.
Jun 10, 2023 3:35 PM
May 2020
to be honest it is just your
Jun 10, 2023 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
The irony of all these cringe fucking comments complaining about the OP calling the first episode cringe. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jun 10, 2023 5:19 PM
Jun 2013
Wow, teenagers be acting cringe in school, who would thought?
Jun 10, 2023 5:38 PM
May 2017
Umbreon20 said:

they are goddamn junior high school students
Jun 10, 2023 6:11 PM

Mar 2013
ejleon said:

This idea of requiring people to finish reading a work is completely unrealistic standard to judge most works, honestly. Most of us do not not even do this in real life beyond fiction. To quote someone reviewing a fantasy series
"If the first 400 pages are awfully written, then how can I expect the next 400 pages to be better?"
It is one thing to judge a book in the first three sentences or an anime in the first 4 minutes, but it is generally agreed that there is a fixed amount of time that would needed to invest in a work to see if it is appealing or well-written. 400 pages is more than enough to establish characters, a narrative, or some kind of hook. Likewise, many people think three episodes are enough to determine whether an anime is well-written or at the very least worth pursuing.

Three episodes, amount to little more than hour of screentime, is not comparable to three scenes in a film. You can disagree whether or not the three episode rule is a reasonable limit to set, but I doubt you finished every book you read or every film you have seen, and I disagree that this standard should be the litmus test with whether or not to take someone's opinion seriously. At they very least, I think you would agree that if I watched the first 99 percent of a film and found it horrible, that I am not being shortsighted because I did not see the very last minute.

OT: There are some behavioral issues I take with him, or rather how the story seems to romanticize some of his "romantic behavior", but in terms of cringe they are teenagers. I expected as much.
PeripheralVisionJun 10, 2023 6:15 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

282 by Nokic »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

135 by ichigo_rafi »»
May 21, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

370 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 2:44 PM

» The femal cast support the MC too fast?

passtur - Apr 15

23 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

255 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.