Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this had some goofy moments as I had expected. It retained the art and look of the manga so I'm happy to see Mash being animated. 

Thought episode was alright, it didn't really blow me away with what it has shown so far. It did gave us some insight into Mash's personality but it actually had a somewhat serious vibe with its premise. We also see some magic and spells being used. The most noticable part is Mash's stoic face and reactions to practically everything around him. Not a bad start, looking forward to more.
Stark700Apr 7, 2023 11:00 AM
Apr 7, 2023 8:30 AM

May 2020
Waited for Harry Potter the animation Mashle and it’s finally here. And it started with that ever familiar hellish workout lol.

Magic world, filled with magic users, so of course it should be obvious for everyone to use magic… right? Except that isn’t true for our apathetically savage protag Mash. Though magic might not be his expertise, but building muscles and breaking things, somewhat, sure is. Living alone with his old man, who for obvious reasons is worried for Mash’s well being, did everything he could to avoid Mash’s magic-less existence to become public but hey as if things always go smoothly, in fact Mash brought it upon himself lol. Out for his favourite cream puffs and that’s all it took for a few bad people to notice this anomaly.

Bad guys did threaten old man, but as if Mash would’ve let them have their way, beat the FUCKING daylights out of them, in some fashion at that. Though beating one or two doesn’t mean it’ll be the last of these people going after Mash and old man, and that’s when the main thing came…enroll in the magic academy and become a divine visionary. Only that way they’ll be allowed to live peacefully.

Super fun premiere. We already have a horde of meme-worthy faces, and it’s just the first episode lmao. A-1 nailed this thing from the get-go. So much looking forward to the rest now. 

Opening is catchy by the way and the ending is filled with PLENTY of sweets lol.
Apr 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
One of Weekly Shonen Jump's biggest juggernauts, mangaka Hajime Komoto's One Punch Man and Harry Potter mesh of Mashle: Magic and Muscles, has finally arrived!

The OP is your usual standard-ish Shonen fare, while the ED is crazy catchy and good, spliced with fun.

The magic-less proclaimed Saitama character of Mash Burnedead, living with his grandfather Regro, and trying to combat stress with the kind, amenable son that has no knowledge of the city. But a call for some Goblin cream puffs lead him into the city, which showcases Mash as an Unmarked that caught everyone's attention, even the Bureau of Magic's Security Force, reaching the ears and eyes of Brad Coleman, stuck in his lowly policeman-like position, looking for a promotion with Mash's capture.

The home largely hidden in a forest, it's hiding very secretly and working out that even the animals are scared of him. The world oppressed and relinquished of the Marked and Unmarked, it's the typical outcast setting that Regro has spent most of his life being a useless bum and ready to take his own life, that is until he found the abandoned aby that changed his life, that he prepared to sacrifice his life for the greater good of Mash. But heeding the call of family, Mash doesn't stray away from Brad's challenge, and Brad's magic is swatted like a fly so easily, and his spirit so easily broken thanks to Mash's unusualness.

So then, the only deal to set this off: to be the chosen Divine Visionary as God's chosen and roam free, it's a clear choice by being enrolled in a magic school, and crushing it with his fist.

Mashle's gonna be a whole lotta fun with A-1 Pictures coming in and raging like One Punch Man. Easily one of the best premieres of the Spring season so far.
KANLen09Apr 7, 2023 11:59 AM
Apr 7, 2023 8:50 AM

Apr 2018
Mashle is finally here and we're in for an enjoyable ride. It's basically a guy without magic, and pure physical strength. He lives together with his grandfather who he loves a lot. Well, that's just for this episode because he'll be enrolling in a magic school to become a divine visionary. It's by A1 studio so it should be a pretty good adaptation. The manga is close to ending so I can only hope we'll get more of it! Great ED.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 7, 2023 8:51 AM

Oct 2017
Anime adaptation of one of the few wsj mangas in recent years that I don't read. So was looking forward to seeing how this one is and this was a decent shounen premiere. A bit similar to some other popular series but lets see where this one goes.
Apr 7, 2023 8:51 AM

May 2017
This first episode was good, pretty cliche but still I liked the humor. Mashle's voice actor, Kobayashi Chiaki did a great job with this character. Can't wait to see more of this.
Kazuma Desu
Apr 7, 2023 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
About time A-1 is doing a Jump title. Most anticipated anime this season and we're off to a pretty good start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2023 10:05 AM

Nov 2012
This was fun to watch. Looking forward to the season.
The magic mark reminds me of Dr. Stone.

Mash isn't that smart. Good thing he's pretty.
Apr 7, 2023 10:05 AM

Feb 2021
So this is basically Harry Potter shounen edition

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
-DxP-Apr 7, 2023 11:39 AM
Apr 7, 2023 10:07 AM
Aug 2020
Good flow, I heard a lot of it.

Can’t wait to see the next episodes
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 7, 2023 10:20 AM

Mar 2020
A-1 Pictures doing a shounen for once, and I'll get the bad out of the way first, which is that the character designs look very "flat" and uninspiring. However, the show itself was some dumb fun, and Mash's stupidity made for some dumb comedy. A good setup for Mash to go to a magic school. That said, it has the poor fate of airing at the same time as The Ancient Magus' Bride, which also has a magic school in its current season, and it'll definitely be a tall task to even come close to measuring up to that. Better than I expected though, let's just hope Aniplex doesn't cause any more delays, though I'm not very optimistic about that.
Apr 7, 2023 10:23 AM

Feb 2021
Great first episode. Really looking forward to meeting everyone shown in the OP and ED
Fun fact: Cream puff in japanese is シュークリーム (shuu kuriimu) and it's from French “chou à la crème”. That's why it's written "shuu cream" in the ED
Apr 7, 2023 10:23 AM
Jul 2015
This MC is so stupid, the argument lacks sense and the character designs are poorly made. But even so just to pass 23 minutes per week is ok. This series looks bad but entertaining.
Apr 7, 2023 10:26 AM

Oct 2022
Harry Potter filled with gags and where the MC is OP but he isn’t able to use magic: a funny over the top show that will be with us for two cours (at least 24 episodes I read the info on twitter)… a great start

Apr 7, 2023 10:26 AM
Apr 2023
I just watched the first episode and I will definitely continue this anime! It's so funny already! Can't wait for more. I didn't read the manga so I am very excited! Everyone who loves magic and funny shows should watch it :D
Apr 7, 2023 10:27 AM

Jul 2021
I'm really enjoying reading the manga, so naturally I really liked the episode :D
Apr 7, 2023 10:28 AM
Mar 2021
Great episode for me, it will be fun
Love the ending song
Apr 7, 2023 10:29 AM
Sep 2015
I like the fast pace, I get a lot of story from just one episode.
Apr 7, 2023 10:30 AM
Nov 2021
I really liked the manga.... the comedy was gold so I'll definitely keep watching.....
Pretty good for a start...
Apr 7, 2023 10:31 AM
Dec 2022
Great OP and ED and a great premise. Let's see if this is as good as people say.

Also why are Reki and Langa from sk8 the infinity here?
Apr 7, 2023 10:34 AM

Feb 2019
First episode didn’t do anything for me. Now that I been reading Spellblades this doesn’t even feel like an “anime Harry Potter” set up for me. We’ll see how the world building goes and what the side characters bring to the table, but meh.

Didn’t feel much. Your usual shonen OP MC, older grandpa figure, setting off on a journey tropes. Animation was good though.
Apr 7, 2023 10:36 AM

Jul 2021
if they aren't naming the following arcs/seasons like this I don't want.
Apr 7, 2023 10:41 AM
May 2021
As a manga reader I am really happy to see it got adapted finally 🔥🔥
Apr 7, 2023 10:42 AM
Apr 2022
That was a lot of fun! Badass and pretty funny too. Op was alright but ed was good. I think this one is definitely one to look out for
Apr 7, 2023 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Having read the manga and after watching Episode 1, I just realized that Mashle in baby form in this episode is even younger than his other baby form in Innocent Zero's flashback... So it doesn't make sense...

I also realized that Mashle going to school was under Brad's idea but this Brad character was totally forgotten in manga LOL.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 7, 2023 10:43 AM

Dec 2020
This is really good comedy for me i like the first episode how they introduced the character and excepted he is strong haha.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 7, 2023 10:44 AM
Aug 2021
That's why I don't read a lot of manga so I can just be happy with anything that the anime offers. I want the animations to be top notch, but I don't really mind it at all. You can still enjoy the show by how the story progresses. But the animation is still great with this one though. IDC what some other people say, I enjoyed the first episode. LOL
Apr 7, 2023 10:46 AM

Oct 2020
Mashle will be my favourite anime of Spring Anime 2023
Apr 7, 2023 10:54 AM

Jan 2023
Great… now I really want a cream puff :/
Apr 7, 2023 10:57 AM
May 2021
Hahaa what a good first ep!!
Apr 7, 2023 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
I've heard a lot about Mashle so this was another Spring title I was keeping an eye on, and I like it so far. Seems like a show that'll offer some dumb fun and entertainment, so I'm in for the ride. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 7, 2023 10:59 AM
Oct 2022
Mash is so cute😭, it’s so funny to watch him🫶💫
Apr 7, 2023 11:03 AM

Nov 2021
That was a great first episode imo, it had a little more comedy than I expected. Kinda reminds me of One Punch Man. I hope A-1 Pictures can keep up the production of this.
Apr 7, 2023 11:08 AM

Oct 2008
okay okay okay! so we have here something from Weekly Shounen Jump...hopefully this is gonna be fun!
5/5.

Apr 7, 2023 11:09 AM

Mar 2020
Thought the art looked nice in the poster and the premise interested me initially. A bit slow and I'm just a bit confused. It's like a foodie Harry Potter with pretty eyes get trapped in his home like Rapunzel? Don't hate it, don't love it either. Maybe it'll get better later we'll see :P

Apr 7, 2023 11:11 AM

Dec 2020
Well, this looks like it is going to be a fun ride! I like the OP and the ED as well. 
Apr 7, 2023 11:13 AM
Jul 2021
The animations looked really incredible at times, and I just love the voice acting for some reason. Probably expected of A-1.
Anyways good first ep , looking forward to more
Apr 7, 2023 11:13 AM

Oct 2011
Voldemort would ***** himself when he has to face Mashle
Apr 7, 2023 11:15 AM

Jun 2019
I've heard good things about this show on the funny side of things. So... I'm looking forward to this. Both, OP and ED are good. Mash looks like an interesting protagonist. The show is filled with magic and funny moments which I can't wait to see more of. Hoping, A-1 pulls through.
Apr 7, 2023 11:18 AM

Oct 2020
Such a fun first episode. Loved the heck out of it. And the ED was fun as well.
Apr 7, 2023 11:24 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The Harry Potter/One Punch Man inspired Mashle has come to life in anime form. While the story is not original at first since it features an overpowered MC that can reject magic spells with his God given strength, it has tons of goofy moments that made me laugh. Mashle has been living in isolation from the rest of the magic society with his adopted father as Mashle does not have facial marker indicating that he can use magic. After getting into a fight with Brad for causing a scene in the city with his unusual strength, he proposed that Mashle should enroll in a magic school so that he can become the Divine Visionary in exchange for not hunting down Mashle and his adopted father for hiding a unmarked child. Mashle agrees and his journey into the magic school begins.

This series is shaping to be a banger of the season as Mashle has a great blend of action and comedy. It also has a great soundtrack including the OP and ED.
Apr 7, 2023 11:30 AM
Apr 2021
A-1 Pictures really giving us PHENOMENAL CUM INDUCING animation I have full on faith that they’ll ace this adaptation and it’ll make this the Demon Slayer for A-1😩😭😩😭😩😭
Apr 7, 2023 11:30 AM
Oct 2021
wow what an episode. i’m so glad i decided to watch this
Apr 7, 2023 11:35 AM
Apr 2022
Treyv0n said:
A-1 Pictures really giving us PHENOMENAL CUM INDUCING animation I have full on faith that they’ll ace this adaptation and it’ll make this the Demon Slayer for A-1😩😭😩😭😩😭
Ok slow your roll pal… it good animation but it’s nowhere near demon slayer or even A-1s best project
Apr 7, 2023 11:38 AM
Feb 2016
At last, good shounen not that overrated sawman or naruto with curses. Creampuffs for life!
Apr 7, 2023 11:39 AM

Jan 2021
Mash is a total himbo, he works out, has a good heart, and has nothing going on upstairs. The first episode sets the tone really well, the vibe I'm getting is a very goofy Shonen. I'll keep watching 
Apr 7, 2023 11:41 AM
Apr 2021
Rimusimp said:
Treyv0n said:
Ok slow your roll pal… it good animation but it’s nowhere near demon slayer or even A-1s best project

Nah man Mashle got potential and with the animation quality they putting in I can see this becoming their next big anime like MAPPA with jujutsu kaisen yk
Apr 7, 2023 11:43 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned, please refrain from asking where to watch/download the episode.

Comedy is top notch, the door scene and the scenes where he was working out and much more was very funny, I already know I will like this anime. xD
Apr 7, 2023 11:44 AM

May 2019
Yeah I want a cream puff too now lol. The way Mash bench presses... damn, definitely gag humor. I've liked watching A-1 Pictures previous works so I'm looking forward to watching this. Also got some "Harry Potter" vibes with all the magic that's being used.

Btw, I noticed towards the end Mash has a mark on his face. I'm thinking its because he is hiding the fact that he can't use magic and doesn't want to upset other people that don't know? His strength will be his magic (or at least the counter to magic as he has already shown).
Apr 7, 2023 11:47 AM
Apr 2020
So happy to see mash animated and
have to say they've nailed the adaptation . This is going to be a fun ride
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2023

158 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
May 2, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2023

231 by AlastorV6 »»
Apr 29, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rasterman7 - May 12, 2023

130 by HaruYing »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

124 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 24, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

142 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 23, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.