Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2022 5:04 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeNov 29, 2022 7:30 AM
Nov 29, 2022 7:30 AM

Jun 2019
my goodness... this episode was so fricking good. The direction was immaculate from Gosso. I was very scared and amazed at the same time. They didn't hold back at all. Himeno, my beloved. I'll miss you forever. Seeing that moment with that OST was too painful. Katana Man was too powerful and then the snake girl, Akane arrived.

Nothing more to say... but this is where everything starts to shift in Chainsaw Man. Kensuke Ushio is a legend. A very beautiful episode. And, a sad one at that. The ending once again was amazing with beautiful visuals and TK vocals.

RIP Himeno. T__T

Jul 2017
To get a fully anime-original opening sequence of how Himeno was setting up the SEGGS scene between her and Denji in a 1st person POV, HOLY WOW. This is how you know that Tatsuki Fujimoto's batshit insanity of a marvelous work has some areas left intentionally to add creativity, and MAPPA with director Ryu Nakayama is just having fun doing whatever they can to flesh new life adding into the anime.

Denji slowly about to get his first time from Himeno instead of Makima, and rather than her finding a dick, she finds a cola-flavoured Chupa Chups from the previous night of the welcome party, which Makima so happens to let Denji have a feel of his first-ever indirect kiss to remove Himeno's vomit taste in his mouth. Of course, the sex didn't happen from the night of drunkenness, and Denji persistently bickers his interest in Makima, which Himeno lends her help with, only on the condition that he will do the same for her with Aki. The unlikely breakfast secret alliance between the Chainsaw Devil and and the leader who has seen deaths many.

Makima's business trip to Kyoto, as mundane as it is, got mysteriously and suddenly killed by the Gun Devil's underlings, and this happened slowly to the rest of Division 4 as well...in smears of cold blood. Denji, Power, Aki and Himeno having a meal, when the same evil strikes, and even with Aki's Curse Devil, it isn't enough to stop the Katana Man. The woman
with the Snake Devil's contract that guides her, presses everyone to their limits, and likewise, to their deaths.

The only hope left being Himeno's contract with the Ghost Devil to get revenge for Aki, and that might be the most touching, yet gruesome death ever.

The 8th ED having been leaked hours ahead of time, and it's a banger since it's TK from Ling Tosite Sigure, with the deathly visuals.

Is all hope lost for the Devil Hunters? What is the comeback at this point?
KANLen09Nov 29, 2022 10:28 AM

May 2020
Horny power knows no bounds. There was Denji still going-over his post drinking hangover, but the moment he heard the magic word, “SEX”, it felt like as if he never went through the barf trauma to begin with. Though the dude is still a battle shounen protag, so no seggs for the time being.

You know jokes and everything sound funny only if it’s the right time, so given the total one-eighty tonal shift this episode had I almost forgot we were playing tease sex in the first half. The Katana Man arc is upon us, and the super explosive start with an all out attack over Tokyo shaked things down to its very core.

Mappa nailed the Himeno’s segment, and so did the Aki’s. Eighth episode, and the first major death. So long Himeno.

ED from Tk just the thing this episode needed.

Dec 2020
Well damn. RIP Himeno.
Nov 29, 2022 7:31 AM

Dec 2015
Man the gunshots scene was very well executed, definitely better than the manga!

Loved the OST played when the other devil hunters were attacked...
Nov 29, 2022 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, Denji didn't get his sexy time but hey, it looks like Himeno wants to hook him up with Makina. The train scene in this adaptation gave me the chills, just like in the manga.

So glad this was uncensored so it captured the magic of that fight. Intense episode!
Nov 29, 2022 7:35 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Himeno, she was a fine woman. Things became messed up really fast this episode.

Epi 8 ED:
MegamiRemDec 3, 2022 3:31 AM
Nov 29, 2022 7:37 AM

Dec 2020
I don't know why, but I found this ep underwhelming, even though the source material is great.

EDIT: Okay after re-watch I retract what I said, it's a pretty well done episode. My main gripe with the episode is the beginning when it takes 6 minutes to get into new content but I guess it was done because of what was to come, still not a fan of the choice but oh well.

The ed is also a banger forgot to mention that.
DeFa-Nov 29, 2022 10:09 AM

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Nov 29, 2022 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
Really solid episode with the best ED so far (tough competition but it gets the nod). Gosso working wonders to start off the concluding arc of season 1; we're now entering Chainsaw Man pacing.

The train scene was perfectly executed as well as Katana Man's entrance. His design slaps.

I really enjoyed the storyboard and the direction of the episode. I was mostly curious how MAPPA would adapt the creative panels from Fujimoto like this one

and it was pretty well adapted.
Nov 29, 2022 7:50 AM

Jun 2015
Despite the massive marketing of CSM it didnt reach the KnY level of hype or even JJK so far. Everything will depend on this episode. If that doesnt explode then nothing else will.
Nov 29, 2022 7:59 AM
May 2020
I dont like saying this but wish the curse devil was 2d. It didnt looked as terrifying as in the manga. Still great episode but then again, I watched the low quality version in twitch which was very unpleasant. No wonder some ppl think it's bad lmao. Video quality rly matters
Nov 29, 2022 8:01 AM
Aug 2022
Nycro said:
Despite the massive marketing of CSM it didnt reach the KnY level of hype or even JJK so far. Everything will depend on this episode. If that doesnt explode then nothing else will.
it has surpassed jjk and kny outside Japan, but kny is unbeatable in japan
Nov 29, 2022 8:01 AM

Jul 2016
The episodes is really cinematic เญง(เน‘•ฬ€ใ…•ฬเน‘)เซญโœง Gosso cinema

RIP Himeno (TโŒ“T) real CSM tragedy starts now๏ผผ(º โ–ก º l|l)/

Banger TK Ending, "first death" very fitting song title. โ™ช๏ฝž(๏ฟฃε๏ฟฃ)
Nov 29, 2022 8:02 AM
Aug 2022
anduong16 said:
CGI too much. Never come close to KNY.
thats what happens when crappa takes 4 popular shows, instead of focusing in 1 or 2
Nov 29, 2022 8:03 AM
Jul 2022
Badguy_oncel said:
anduong16 said:
thats what happens when crappa takes 4 popular shows, instead of focusing in 1 or 2

Maybe they prepare budget for JJK ss2.
Nov 29, 2022 8:05 AM
Aug 2022
anduong16 said:
Badguy_oncel said:

Maybe they prepare budget for JJK ss2.
budget was never a problem for them, it's their fucking garbage schedule
Nov 29, 2022 8:06 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode, good fight, but not as good as the manga. CGI was indeed there again, and I can’t help but be bothered every time for some reason. Never had any issues with CGI in my life, but here in this anime is so annoying and ruins a lot of action sequences and flow of the fight (which is already not that well directed).
RIP Himeno
Badguy_oncel said:
Nycro said:

Lmao no. Good joke, it hasn’t surpassed neither.
Nov 29, 2022 8:11 AM
Aug 2022
Xenocrisi said:
Great episode, good fight, but not as good as the manga. CGI was indeed there again, and I can’t help but be bothered every time for some reason. Never had any issues with CGI in my life, but here in this anime is so annoying and ruins a lot of action sequences and flow of the fight (which is already not that well directed).
RIP Himeno
Badguy_oncel said:

nah it will surpass jjk, I mean it hasn't even finished a single cour
Nov 29, 2022 8:11 AM
Jul 2022
Nycro said:

I hear CSM fan say that this episode will be the best episode of the year so far and break the Internet haha.
Nov 29, 2022 8:13 AM
Jul 2022
Badguy_oncel said:
Xenocrisi said:
RIP Himeno

Maybe in the future, but right now, JJK sold more than 3 times compare to CSM and also has one of the most successful anime film.
Nov 29, 2022 8:15 AM
Jun 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
Xenocrisi said:
RIP Himeno

Let Jjk S2 air...๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Nov 2021
anduong16 said:

Ab_271004 said:
CGI MAN IS REALLLLLL
4/10 episode

Its easy to spot the hate bots cause when you go to their profiles you get

Nov 2016
TK one of the GOATS. He's the perfect performer for such a painful ending.

RIP Himeno. If I was an anime only I probably would've been shook.

Once again a great episode overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 29, 2022 8:17 AM
May 2022
Nycro said:

We haven't even gotten to the big fights yet and you're here saying ntn else will. Funny
Nov 29, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2014
Curse Devil scene was laughable. Especially sony-vegas-green-screen-ish blood trails
Nov 29, 2022 8:29 AM
May 2016
KINO! PURE KINO!!
Nov 29, 2022 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
Pacote-san said:
anduong16 said:

Ab_271004 said:
CGI MAN IS REALLLLLL
4/10 episode

Its easy to spot the hate bots cause when you go to their profiles you get

Typical degenerates.
Nov 29, 2022 8:34 AM

Jun 2015
anduong16 said:
Nycro said:

I hear CSM fan say that this episode will be the best episode of the year so far and break the Internet haha.

The chapters it adapts are entertaining for sure but the fans seriously overhype it. All it has is shock value of characters with 1-3 episodes of screentime if you exclude the one fakedeath. I believe their media competence is just very low.
Nov 29, 2022 8:36 AM

Apr 2021
Yep, it's from here on that the story truly starts. The power difference between characters, more details about Denji and so much more, it all starts from here. It was really sad :(
RIP Himeno. They gotta make a comeback soon.
Nov 29, 2022 8:40 AM
Nov 2021
NGL, the training is the episode I am waitiing the most this season
Nov 29, 2022 8:40 AM

Jul 2022
What a packed episode. Things are REALLY starting to get interesting now.
Nov 29, 2022 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
Nycro said:
Damn how will shounen jump ever recover from having 3 of the most profitable series of the past decade.

Joel77 said:
Yep, it's from here on that the story truly starts. The power difference between characters, more details about Denji and so much more, it all starts from here. It was really sad :(

I feel like it starts to change after this point and get more experimental but I also dont wanna hype up the false expectation that its just a non stop thrill ride that subverts expectations from here on out cause it really is a gradual shift into what it becomes rather than one big blowout moment. Id say if there really is a specific spot to hype up as, oh here where it hits its stride and never loses it till the final chapter wraps it'd be the stuff i imagine mid S2 is gonna get to with

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2022 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
CGI during the fight was quite disappointing NGL. Couldn't care less about it in episode 1 but this time it STICKS OUT too much. Expected so much more considering the studio, budget, hype and ad-s this show was getting... sad, sad, sad...

Other than that, it was a good episode.
Nov 29, 2022 8:48 AM

Nov 2019
I guess that Chupa Chups was able to cleanse the weird aftertaste for Denji.

Don't know who this girl is, but she is quite scary.

Nov 29, 2022 8:55 AM
Nov 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
CGI during the fight was quite disappointing NGL. Couldn't care less about it in episode 1 but this time it STICKS OUT too much. Expected so much more considering the studio, budget, hype and ad-s this show was getting... sad, sad, sad...

Other than that, it was a good episode.
I speak the expert in animation and cgi I want to see your doctorate 10-year-old boy and do your homework help do what you do at home
Nov 29, 2022 8:55 AM
Nov 2019
Another episode with solid animation. The atmosphere was cinematic and one of the best CGI on big scale that I have seen in anime. Amazing animation. If their is any category in which CSM is peak at the moment then it is ost and animation.
AbhiCh123Nov 29, 2022 9:25 AM
Nov 29, 2022 9:03 AM
Apr 2018
Overall a good episode, but it just felt short because we didn't get any real new content until 6 minutes in the episode.
Nov 29, 2022 9:06 AM

Jul 2012
Himeno can't be gone. No way. Already?! Makima, Kobeni and Arai?! We were just beginning to warm up to all the characters wtf.
Nov 29, 2022 9:06 AM

Apr 2021
JizzyHitler said:
Nycro said:
Damn how will shounen jump ever recover from having 3 of the most profitable series of the past decade.

Joel77 said:

I feel like it starts to change after this point and get more experimental but I also dont wanna hype up the false expectation that its just a non stop thrill ride that subverts expectations from here on out cause it really is a gradual shift into what it becomes rather than one big blowout moment. Id say if there really is a specific spot to hype up as, oh here where it hits its stride and never loses it till the final chapter wraps it'd be the stuff i imagine mid S2 is gonna get to with
I think anime onlies will get a taste of what CSM's actually gonna be like after watching this episode. And yeah starting from the
CSM's gonna be getting much better
Joel77Nov 29, 2022 9:57 AM
Nov 29, 2022 9:08 AM

Nov 2015
This is it.
Chainsaw Man really starts now.

Prepare yourselves, anime onlys.
Feb 2021
anduong16 said:

Fr KNY is the best anime ever made and have the best animation of all time
Jul 2015
I feel like for me this show was ok untill this EP. This EP was good especially the second half of the ep. Things are getting interesting. I don't think makima is dead as many people cannot shut up about her, so she is not dead ig. Himeno might be dead. I hope there is no stupid training arcs in this anime to get stronger (which based on how people talk about this show would not have).
ZeroZ00Nov 29, 2022 9:37 AM
Nov 29, 2022 9:09 AM

Aug 2022
curse devil looks so ugly lmaooo... it's over cgisaw man. this is what csm fans hyping for like ages? lmaooo... that gun shot was still great tho, rest was meh.cgi completely ruined this episode

ugly cgi!! ugly cgi!! ugly cgi!!
Nov 29, 2022 9:10 AM

Jun 2009
The direction in this episode was amazing. Honestly I think the pace feels much better then in the manga, they let the story breathe. Makima geting guned down and the aftermath gave me chills. The music was on point too.
Nov 29, 2022 9:17 AM
Aug 2019
Might have been my favorite episode so far, has been great seeing this series weekly
Nov 29, 2022 9:18 AM
Jul 2021
GREAT.. waiting for next episode
Nov 29, 2022 9:19 AM

Jun 2014
God I love how you can tell how much passion and love the staff has for this project. Whether it's little things like adding anime-original moments or using cinematic shots and angles to immerse viewers more deeply, I love how the anime feels like a totally different breath of fresh air compared to the manga.

Anyway, here we are ladies and gentlemen, the true beginning of Chainsaw Man. If everything up to this point has been an appetizer, we're now digging into the main course. We dive into the Katana Man arc and this is where the story really begins to pick up. RIP Himeno, this is just the first taste of CSM's habit of introducing a character then clapping them a few chapters/episodes later. It goes without saying, but what a great episode with some great action and shocking moments (like the Makima train scene). We're off to a damn good start to this arc and I can't wait to see how the rest is adapted. Also, banger ED by TK, his ED was the one I was looking forward to the most.
thebrentinator24Nov 29, 2022 9:26 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 29, 2022 9:23 AM
Oct 2021
WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH?
Nov 29, 2022 9:25 AM

Oct 2021
this is peak cinema... the director is literally trying to replicate the movies cinematography into anime format, a thing that was very common in old animes but pretty rare nowadays. those katanaman fight shots and assassination scene were the highlights of this episode.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

591 by thatlittlefox »»
May 24, 7:33 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.