Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, even after all this time, it looks like Chistao still remembers all the good memories, especially ones with Takina.

Chisato fought with heart and the episode was made better with that main theme song. Glad to see they made it out of that mess alive and well. Not going to lie, I enjoy the character chemistry in this anime a lot, even in the finale. Cute little ending we got for this episode.

8/10.
Sep 24, 2022 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
With Majima still alive, DA isn't out of the woods while the rest of the Lycoris fight their way out of Enkuboku, which the terrorist is ready to re-enact the old incident once again with rigging the entire radio tower with explosives.

DA can only rests its last hopes on Chisato, who engages in fierce battle with Majima to settle their duel, and even if her artificial heart is failing, the terrorist pays heed and stops her for a drink and a chat over their logic on how they view the world around them as both the hero and the villain. Mika arrives to get Chisato's other heart from Yoshimatsu's briefcase and Himegawa, and bade goodbye to his former colleague. And even to the end, a bloodbath is all they got, and Takina managed to save Chisato in the nick of time.

While the rest of Japan goes back to normal, Chisato is nowhere to be found. And Takina going out to find the missing girl, which they both engage in a gun battle that puts them on a hilarious draw. The former herself ran away on her own holiday after recovery, forcing the latter to trace her with Kurumi's help, and enjoy their days off site. Yuri-bait FTW.

This ending...is alright, I guess (if they want to keep it open). Guess that I was anticipating too much, only to come out feeling a bit letdown.

Despite the lackluster ending, LycoReco definitely is my AOTS for Summer, without a doubt.
KANLen09Sep 24, 2022 10:19 AM
Sep 24, 2022 8:01 AM

Aug 2021
I can say that this end is satisfying!
it's finished, but I hope it gets a second season very soon!

Sep 24, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2014
It has finally ended. Had a blast! Best anime of the season!
Sep 24, 2022 8:03 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Anime original so I din't expect the ending to be particularly good, I also feel like they changed the show from its initial direction of a dark ending since it's clear the series has sequel potential so the producers wanted to leave it open to more entries in the future, although I am ok with this. Still I did like Chisato overall and she carried the anime, there was also a lot of effort put into this anime from the start with its presentation so I am satisfied. Just wish they really went a bit further with the world building and maybe had a few more episodes, perhaps characterized majima in a more interesting way but its a good anime despite all that.
Sep 24, 2022 8:07 AM

Jul 2021
What is with Shadows House 2nd Season and this having an abrupt ending (Yeah cus I really thought Chisato would be dead oh well) maybe another season would b nice. Some of the characters are one-dimensional to me because I couldn't really get invested further with Chisato nor Takina other than their interaction but what engages me the most in this series is pretty much the way the premise is presented and such.
CQLLISTSep 24, 2022 8:16 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 24, 2022 8:10 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, it was a pretty nice ending.

Overall, a good show but not one of my favorites of the season.
Sep 24, 2022 8:10 AM
Aug 2021
finally finished. have to rewatch some time.
Sep 24, 2022 8:11 AM

May 2020
You know things are serious as heck when they straight up skip opening, and all more to worry about when it involves the clash between the main protag and major antagonist. Though one thing that’s pretty clear is that both of them have run out of steam, but not enough to take a step back. We pretty much had a repeat of that first clash between Majima and Chisato but more gory and graphic this time around. Also in the end Majima definitely cemented his place as the most interesting character apart from our main duo.

Mika did something for once, I mean it’s good enough that someone took the initiative and had Yoshimatsu bite the dust, it was long overdue. Anyways obviously they went for the safest ending ever, though that’s good in its own right but yeah disappointment for those who were counting the death flags of Chisato this whole time.
Sep 24, 2022 8:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Decent finale, this. To be honest, the show took a bit of a nosedive for me in the final arc but it was still serviceable and Chisato was excellent as ever, so I'll take it.

Majima v Chisato, it's incredible how they seem like friends with different opinions at one point and out for blood at the other. At least he got what he wanted, Chisato whooping his arse, xD. I'm surprised they didn't kill him off though, what was that supposed to imply? If season 2, then I'm fine. Looks like the villain organisation is more shrewd than DA anticipated, I wonder if they'll try and change things a little.

Looks like the Govt. managed to completely cover things up with that movie teaser after all, that was so lame imo but well, it is what it is. Majima doesn't seem like he's done though, he looks like a mummy now. I found the whole conversation between equilibrium rather interesting actually, when there's DA, there's Majima. Arrogant much?

Chisato did end up surviving and Mika-sensei hid some of the details. My "ultimate guess" was found to be needless, I suppose a part of me would've preferred that because the show would've left a bigger impression that way but, at the same time, please no. Kurumi's reaction was on point. Didn't think the crane was totally just for show. Anyway, I found it hilarious she just vanished because of being trapped in the hospital, that's so much like her. But leave it to Kurumi and Takina to find and recruit her back. Off to Hawaii, Kusonaki-san is definitely not pleased. Ending the show off with that goofy segment in the end, that's what I loved about this show!

I'll settle with an 8/10 here. I'm not like a big overpowered character trope fan but this show just nailed it. Chisato's serious face coupled with the jolly attitude and backed up by the amazing VA performance made her standout right from the get go and the best girl award isn't far off, I think. Definitely no. 1 for me. Oh, and the theme songs! Yes! Hana no Tou, in particular, that's so good ~
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 24, 2022 8:16 AM
Apr 2021
I'm fine with how they were aiming for a more light-hearted tone series but I feel like they oughta spend a bit more time on it rather than just the second half of the final ep because in the first half you're still trying to conclude a somewhat unpredictable conflict.

In that aspect the plot surrounding the artificial heart feels kind of unnecessary because it's only directly affecting Chisato's outlook on life and nothing else.
Sep 24, 2022 8:20 AM

Nov 2010
Wrap gun played an active role in this episode. Although there were many issues, they were settled somehow, and the show was concluded with a happy ending.
---
As the first episode suggested, the show was a class-AB show; attractive characters, cool gun actions, real world settings, and fanciful plot here and there. It resembles some martial art movies like Desperado, Kill Bill, Azumi, and especially John Wick; an invincible protagonist knocks down opponents single-handedly. If a movie version is made in the future, I hope it will have a more realistic (and not redundant) plot like Leon.
That said, the show was a good entertainment as a whole. Also it worked well that the show didn't have a source material. Consequently, there was no room to know what comes next, and it made the show full of suspense.

--- edit ---
Incidentally, the final episode was aired just in the middle of the autumn higan period and Lycorises are in full bloom in Japan.
kuroneko99Sep 25, 2022 6:56 PM
Sep 24, 2022 8:20 AM
Jan 2021
A good example of a case where "Sword Art Online's ideology" is implemented in another anime.
Sep 24, 2022 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
Satysfying ending, like I was tired with anime lately, LR ended rly good. Tbh nothing else in this season was as good to watch as Lycoris. For sure top.
Sep 24, 2022 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
I'm so glad my girl Chisato survived. Mika for once did something and he did great. So in the end Majima's alive and out there, prolly gonna stir things up again in future. Chisato and everyone's in Hawaii enjoying their time. Chisato looked beautiful in tropical outfit. Chisato x Takina moments were sweet even in the finale.

Really glad we got a happy end, anime of the season for me. Chisato best girl this year. I wonder if we'll get more of Lycoris Recoil in future. There's definitely room for more and I can see this getting a movie given the recent trend. I'll definitely love watching more of Chisato.
MegamiRemSep 24, 2022 9:48 AM
Sep 24, 2022 8:51 AM
Jun 2020
majima lost this is bullshit and they got their happy end i hope it dont last and i hope for a 2 season where he destroys them
Sep 24, 2022 8:52 AM
Apr 2022
CHISATO X TAKINA IS REAL
Sep 24, 2022 8:59 AM

Apr 2020
This has good animation... And that's about it.
I saw someone saying this is John Wick - Anime Girls Edition and I have to agree.
And like John Wick I didn't care about the story and the characters.
There was a few cute moments with the two MCs but overall it's all very forgettable imo.
4/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 24, 2022 9:02 AM

Apr 2014
Sep 24, 2022 9:09 AM

Oct 2016
this was really bad the last 5 episodes or so, the cast was pretty good
just like everyone, im going to probably forget this series in 2 or 3 months
4/10
Sep 24, 2022 9:10 AM

Feb 2019
I love when a highly anticipated finale drops and crunchyroll don’t even have subs working

Ok finally got to watch the episode. Majima v Chisato is one of the strangest dynamics I’ve seen lol. A snack break in the middle of the final fight had me dying. A-1 definitely brought the sakuga for those scenes. So the big explosion ended up just being fireworks. As Alfred once said, “some men just want to watch the world burn” and it seems like that’s the extent of Majima’s motivations. Anarchy.

Would have liked to have seen him fleshed out more, but knowing he’s still alive somehow after that fall, could set up more lycoreco stuff in a gacha or ordinary days.

I would’ve liked to have seen how Takina managed to pull Chisato up after the glass broke lmao. The physics of that are wild

Aaaand officially the series ends as yuri bait. Never a confession from either of the two, but at least we get a happy ending. After episode 6 or so I was very convinced we’d be crying at the end, instead we’re laughing and smiling with gorgeous new outfits for Chisato.
Marinate1016Sep 24, 2022 9:43 AM
Sep 24, 2022 9:13 AM

Jul 2019
ZQakariae said:
I can say that this end is satisfying!
it's finished, but I hope it gets a second season very soon!

Let's not go that route. It's already fine as it is.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 24, 2022 9:15 AM

Jan 2021
Happy that there wasn't a yuri ending, that would have been weird to me. I liked the character interactions and the plot was dumb sometimes, but it was a nice watch.
Sep 24, 2022 9:26 AM

Apr 2014
Ah yes!!!!!! It's a happy ending.
Takina's secret mission was to bring Chisato back from Miyakojima!? lol At least, both Takina and Chisato can spend their time together under a beautiful sunset.
Aloha!, I really want to see the Hawaiian version of cafe LycoReco. Hawaii spin-off when!??
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 24, 2022 9:31 AM
May 2022
So does this ending mean we get a movie or OVA confirmation or maybe even better a Season 2????????
Sep 24, 2022 9:34 AM

Apr 2020
Lovely anime.
Just gotta say that I will miss the anime, both Chisato & Takina, and the weekly radio by Anzai Chika and Wakayama Shion.

Thank you, Lycoris Recoil!
Sep 24, 2022 9:35 AM

Mar 2013
Majima still lives! YEAH!!!
I ship Chisato and Majima together. Obviously... XD
I'm glad there's a possibility of a 2nd season or a 2nd cour after they ended their fight in just the first half, or let me hope that they will... 😭😭😭
Majima looks like a romanticist after pranking Chisato with that bomb turning into fireworks... lmao

P.S. The best thing I am always looking forward to in this series are those CGDCT scenes like the last half. Entertaining characters, lovely character designs and especially the lovely VAs who voiced out our two fmc.
CrazyButNot4USep 24, 2022 9:41 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 24, 2022 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
Decent finale, this. To be honest, the show took a bit of a nosedive for me in the final arc but it was still serviceable and Chisato was excellent as ever, so I'll take it.

Majima v Chisato, it's incredible how they seem like friends with different opinions at one point and out for blood at the other. At least he got what he wanted, Chisato whooping his arse, xD. I'm surprised they didn't kill him off though, what was that supposed to imply? If season 2, then I'm fine. Looks like the villain organisation is more shrewd than DA anticipated, I wonder if they'll try and change things a little.

Looks like the Govt. managed to completely cover things up with that movie teaser after all, that was so lame imo but well, it is what it is. Majima doesn't seem like he's done though, he looks like a mummy now. I found the whole conversation between equilibrium rather interesting actually, when there's DA, there's Majima. Arrogant much?

Chisato did end up surviving and Mika-sensei hid some of the details. My "ultimate guess" was found to be needless, I suppose a part of me would've preferred that because the show would've left a bigger impression that way but, at the same time, please no. Kurumi's reaction was on point. Didn't think the crane was totally just for show. Anyway, I found it hilarious she just vanished because of being trapped in the hospital, that's so much like her. But leave it to Kurumi and Takina to find and recruit her back. Off to Hawaii, Kusonaki-san is definitely not pleased. Ending the show off with that goofy segment in the end, that's what I loved about this show!

I'll settle with an 8/10 here. I'm not like a big overpowered character trope fan but this show just nailed it. Chisato's serious face coupled with the jolly attitude and backed up by the amazing VA performance made her standout right from the get go and the best girl award isn't far off, I think. Definitely no. 1 for me. Oh, and the theme songs! Yes! Hana no Tou, in particular, that's so good ~

You definitely speak for me too with many of your points. Ultimately Lycoris Recoil could've left a bigger impression if it went the down the darker route, but Chisato and Takina had me sold nonetheless. Been a while since I was so fond of the "chemistry between two females"..let's leave it at that xD Majima also a W and the whole LycoReco team.

AOTS and EOTS 8/10 ❤

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 24, 2022 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
God damn Mika you fucking GOAT!!!!!!!!!!

Man they fucking nailed this episode. The second part of the fight between Majima and Chisato was just animated beautifully. I fucking cried because of 1. I didnt know if Chisato would fucking survive. 2.Just everything was so damn good. Mika...jesus christ dude for him to Kill his lover like that...fuck man I feel for that dude but god damn if he ain't a fucking legend.
Majima is STILL ALIVE?!?!??! HOWWWWWW?????? I there is potential for a season 2 but idk if we will get it.

After credits scene was cute as fuck.

10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 24, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
at least Yoshi died but what happens if Chisato knows that Mika killed him to get the artificial heart for Chisato that is season 2 material there

Majima is still alive too and his plan is still in motion that the seeds of doubts among the people of Japan will grow and maybe hate the Police State that is DA

but overall good anime Chisato and Takina are waifus especially Takina

but wait maybe Chisato knows all along that Mika killed Yoshi? because Yoshi told Chisato the artificial heart is inside of him so the only way to get that artificial heart is to kill Yoshi anyway so i got a feeling she knows thats why she runaway and give her self time to think

anyway i could have scored this anime much higher if not for the inconsistent animation quality but ye still very enjoyable show

degSep 24, 2022 11:39 AM
Sep 24, 2022 9:39 AM
Jun 2020
astralkill00 said:
Majima still lives! YEAH!!!
I ship Chisato and Majima together. Obviously... XD
I'm glad there's a possibility of a 2nd season or a 2nd cour after they ended their fight in just the first half, or let me hope that they will... 😭😭😭
Majima looks like a romanticist after pranking Chisato with that bomb turning into fireworks... lmao
i think he knew about her situation with her heart so he wasnt serious in the fight at all it was enough for him landing a hit with a bullet in her body next time he is going to kill her
Sep 24, 2022 9:41 AM
Apr 2017
Love the anime and it has so much to build on for the future. Enjoyed my time watching.
Sep 24, 2022 9:41 AM

Oct 2021
It was a good anime and an OK ending. 7/10
Sep 24, 2022 9:43 AM
Mar 2021
I like the Ending , good show enjoyed alot & looks like majima is alive , hope we a sequel in future 8/10
Sep 24, 2022 9:43 AM

Dec 2012
WHAT
A FUCKEN
EPISODE LADS

I'm gonna miss watching the ED every single episode, and if there somehow is a season 2, please do it
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 24, 2022 9:44 AM

Sep 2021
Against all the death flags, we got a happy ending!
This was a really fun watch of the season for me, even though the ending was... I mean, am I happy we got a happy ending? Of course. But something about it just fell a little flat for me. Still, I'm really glad that this was my first seasonal anime ever.

It's nice that they wrapped things up in a way that actually gives us a conclusion, while also leaving it open enough for a sequel, if they end up wanting to do that. Majima ended up being a much more interesting villain than I thought he would be, and even though it was kind of ridiculous, I loved his chat with Chisato in the tower over some sweet drinks. The final fight was pretty good, also- and of course there were fireworks at the end, because... it's Majima, after all.

The 'epilogue' + after-credits was really cute, it was fun seeing the gang in Hawaii, and all of the voice acting there was just perfect. Chisato's seiyuu was such a highlight of this show! I didn't come in expecting too much besides a fun ride, and I think we got that, so I'm satisfied. I really loved this show for all of the slice of life stuff in between Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Like Assassination~

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Sep 24, 2022 9:45 AM

Apr 2022
This was an alright ending I guess. I don't know, it did what it needed to do to end the season, and that's about it. It also throws in some hooks for a potential season two. But all in all, this finale felt underwhelming, especially compared to the emotional roller coaster that was the episode before this.

Regardless of all of that, Chisato and Takina continue to be cute together! And the whole gang's trip to Hawaii in the post-credits scene is humorous.

Also, unrelated, but part of me wonders what an ending in which Chisato doesn't survive would be like. Obviously it doesn't fit the tone of the show, but it could make for an interesting alternate universe version of it I think.
Sep 24, 2022 9:51 AM

Mar 2020
Ah... so they went for the happy ending. It's still a solid ending, with Chisato and Majima having their final fight, and the explosion being a dud after all, which I did expect. There had to be a major casualty this episode, and we got that.

Great anime, top 3 of the season, but can't help but to be just a tad bit underwhelmed with all the death flags that were thrown around, though I never really put much stock in that. A light 9/10.

Feb 2018
Man I'm just glad Chisato survived, Takina saving her waifu was great.

Dec 2010
So it's a "no one dies and nothing gets resolved" ending? That being said I still loved the series. Majima was one of the best "villains" in recent memory. I thought he'd be just a minor goon, but he ended up as such a major character. Also Chisato was cute as fuck with a 10/10 design.
I suppose it's very likely we'll be getting a second season, with how successful the anime turned out to be and all the plot points left untapped.
Sep 24, 2022 9:52 AM
Jan 2021
im gonna miss this show :(
Sep 24, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2020
ngl I was expecting a worse ending. I mean, it was obvious that neither of the girls would die nor would they kiss , but they still managed to make the first half of the episode somewhat dramatic and the second half pretty sweet
7/10 for me
Sep 24, 2022 9:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
FMmatron said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

I'll settle with an 8/10 here. I'm not like a big overpowered character trope fan but this show just nailed it. Chisato's serious face coupled with the jolly attitude and backed up by the amazing VA performance made her standout right from the get-go and the best girl award isn't far off, I think. Definitely no. 1 for me. Oh, and the theme songs! Yes! Hana no Tou, in particular, that's so good ~

You definitely speak for me too with many of your points. Ultimately Lycoris Recoil could've left a bigger impression if it went the down the darker route, but Chisato and Takina had me sold nonetheless. Been a while since I was so fond of the "chemistry between two females"..let's leave it at that xD Majima also a W and the whole LycoReco team.

AOTS and EOTS 8/10 ❤

Ah, how could I forget to mention the chemistry? It was quite special indeed, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 2021
This was a good ending to one of my favorite shows of the season.

Hope we get a season 2
Jun 2020
What a beautiful mess this anime. Enjoyed it all through out.
Sep 24, 2022 9:56 AM
Jul 2016
Nice episode with a lot to build on for a sequel or other future projects related to the main storyline. Majima lives and continues his whole balance crusade, Alan Institute is still a question mark the story could build a plot on, the unrecovered guns still within national borders, and LycoReco hasn't stopped accepting "requests". Not to mention a potential clash or team up with the LilyBell and potential backstory relating to Chisato. The VA's were splendid, Music and OST were great, and the Plot and Planning were awesome in making this anime adaptation. Thoroughly enjoyed my time watching this show and looking forward to future related projects they might put out. Overall a good watch.
Sep 24, 2022 10:02 AM

Jun 2021
Chisato and Takina are the perfect girlfriends <3 Loved this anime so much, i hope we will get a Season 2

I wanna see LycoReco in Hawai xD
Sep 24, 2022 10:04 AM
Feb 2021
Lycoris Recoil is definitely my favorite anime this season, mostly because of amazing characters studio came up with. That was really fun, thank you!
Sep 24, 2022 10:04 AM
Jan 2018
It was a good ending, it closed the important points of the work, however I had the feeling that it could be something more impactful, and I also felt that there is much more to the story to explore than what was shown. Anyway, this was a good anime, however I would like it to be darker.

7/10.
Sep 24, 2022 10:05 AM

Mar 2018
Really like this conclusion, and especially this show in general.

Takina and Chisato OVA trip to Hawaii!! Of course, I think the show, despite the loose ends it left, is fine ending here for good; though, I wish I could watch more.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

304 by xiiraito »»
May 4, 9:07 AM

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

120 by Spunkert »»
May 1, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.