Aug 16, 2022 7:34 PM
Dec 2020
i feel like people who watch anime just dont want to see more superhero shit
Pillsbury_UchihaAug 16, 2022 7:48 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2022 7:48 PM

Oct 2015
Grown out of battle shounen~

Does that counts as a reason? I cannot enjoy shounen like I did when I was younger~
Aug 16, 2022 7:54 PM
Apr 2021
its been a while since I've watched it but I would say simply the mc and some of the other characters I'd have to watch it again to explain more
Aug 16, 2022 7:55 PM
Jun 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

At first I loved My Hero, but I think now I am done with it. It has an amazing start and I’m reading the manga just to finish it. seasons 4 and 5 were just a major disappointment. I also think it just can’t stand up to Demon Slayer and Jjk anymore. Then Black Clover is a underrated hit as well, My Hero just doesn’t do it for me anymore.
Aug 16, 2022 7:56 PM
Jun 2021
Mrassassin124 said:
its been a while since I've watched it but I would say simply the mc and some of the other characters I'd have to watch it again to explain more

Ya I’m really done with Deku and Bakugo now. And so many good characters get no screen time
Aug 16, 2022 7:58 PM
Jul 2021
Idk for sure but after season 3 it starts to lose it's charm and after season 4 this show throws out everything that made it enjoyable i.e. season 5 is hella boring and worst season, hope season 6 will be a comeback season.
Aug 16, 2022 7:58 PM
Dec 2021
I would like to say that I haven’t finished My Hero, but from what I watched so far I do not dislike it. I just think it’s a little over dramatic when some of the stakes aren’t very high
Aug 16, 2022 7:59 PM
Dec 2020
Sagepool said:
Mrassassin124 said:

Ya I’m really done with Deku and Bakugo now. And so many good characters get no screen time
welp
Sagepool said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

At first I loved My Hero, but I think now I am done with it. It has an amazing start and I’m reading the manga just to finish it. seasons 4 and 5 were just a major disappointment. I also think it just can’t stand up to Demon Slayer and Jjk anymore. Then Black Clover is a underrated hit as well, My Hero just doesn’t do it for me anymore.
Sagepool said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

mha is good in your first 20 anime it just gets worse
Aug 16, 2022 8:01 PM
Dec 2020
Why did i quote 3 things đź’€
Aug 16, 2022 8:01 PM
Jan 2021
Started out with an interesting concept but unfortunately fell into the same category as so many other shonen. I liked it more when Izuku knew very little about his powers, now it's just like Naruto where he is so insanely strong compared to everyone else. Plus the pacing has been all over the place, the series can go from very high highs to some of the most boring stuff I've seen from a modern shonen
Aug 16, 2022 8:03 PM

Jan 2020
I don’t necessarily dislike it, its just that there are other and better series out there.

Though, Its a great series to introduce to someone who’s still new to anime imo
Aug 16, 2022 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
I think it has an interesting concept. The only issues I have with it is I feel like it can be a little overly dramatized and there can be too much introspection when it comes to characters' reactions or thoughts regarding developments that happen in the story.
Aug 16, 2022 8:08 PM
Dec 2020
oddeyez said:
Started out with an interesting concept but unfortunately fell into the same category as so many other shonen. I liked it more when Izuku knew very little about his powers, now it's just like Naruto where he is so insanely strong compared to everyone else. Plus the pacing has been all over the place, the series can go from very high highs to some of the most boring stuff I've seen from a modern shonen

and people who watch anime dont want to see more superhero shit
Aug 16, 2022 8:09 PM
Dec 2020
TheFireNinja said:
I think it has an interesting concept. The only issues I have with it is I feel like it can be a little overly dramatized and there can be too much introspection when it comes to characters' reactions or thoughts regarding developments that happen in the story.

theyve done nothing for it 120 episodes
Aug 16, 2022 8:09 PM

Jul 2022
Guess I just found it boring and dropped it after 15ish episodes. Didn't really feel attached enough to any of the characters to care what happened to them, so I dropped it.
Aug 16, 2022 8:14 PM
Jun 2021
characters = extremely boring
plot = predictable
concept = interesting but gets old fast
Aug 16, 2022 8:14 PM

Dec 2016
It's a story that seems to live and die by action shounen conventions. I would hard pressed to find many things it does that other shounen haven't done already.

I will also be honest that seeing how much the fanbase puts this very average story on a pedestal makes me think of it more negatively just by association.
Aug 16, 2022 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t dislike it but it just doesn’t have that thing about it that grabs me. I watched it to the middle of the second season and it still didn’t have an established/interesting villain, the villains and antagonists really helps take a show to the next level. Also other than Todoroki I don’t have much of a connection to any of the characters, so I’m not that invested in anyone else
Aug 16, 2022 8:21 PM

May 2021
Its predictable and cringe.
Aug 16, 2022 8:23 PM
May 2022
I don't dislike it.. Besides the storyline going nowhere, this anime has a lot to be praised
Aug 16, 2022 8:32 PM
Nov 2021
I just think the show is very generic I think the art style looks outdated I think most of the quirks are really bad like alot of the super powers these people have are pretty stupid only a handful that are actually cool I could keep going but I'll stop there

edit: To add one more thing last season they did the training grounds thing and I swear they did that like two other times already so it comes off as if they're rehashing shit and running out of ideas and as a viewer I don't wanna see the same thing we've done these little obstacle courses type training things before why did we have to do it again and not only that make it last like half the season almost?
KasutoroSamaAug 16, 2022 8:44 PM
Aug 16, 2022 8:35 PM
Apr 2021
Reckless_weeb said:
Idk for sure but after season 3 it starts to lose it's charm and after season 4 this show throws out everything that made it enjoyable i.e. season 5 is hella boring and worst season, hope season 6 will be a comeback season.

ikr!!! s5 put me into sleep cause how boring the season was
Aug 16, 2022 8:36 PM
Mar 2022
for me, all characters except todoroki I either can't stand, or are bland as hell, or barely get any screen time, they always had the most boring arcs at times like class a vs b, and pretty much anything to do with the school, I lost interest in mha after the forest arc
Kenji_3Aug 16, 2022 8:42 PM
Aug 16, 2022 8:38 PM
Apr 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
Sagepool said:

welp
Sagepool said:

Sagepool said:

mha is good in your first 20 anime it just gets worse

the first season isn't that bad but then it goes downhill in the later ones
Aug 16, 2022 9:00 PM

Mar 2015
it has a lot of boring chunks that should had been compressed to one or two episodes but instead often take around half of a season
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Aug 16, 2022 9:00 PM
Nov 2021
I got bored on season 3 because only Deku, Bakugo, Todoroki and All Might are important in the story. The cast of characters are just backround characters with an mini backstory or some to none plot, that's it. I hate this type of story.
Aug 16, 2022 9:02 PM
Apr 2022
Frankly, its characters are incredibly shallow to me in an anime that tries so hard to make itself about the people behind the heroes.
Aug 16, 2022 9:02 PM

Jun 2011
I don't dislike it, I just think it's really bland and that there's really not much to it. It got carried hard by the OST and animation.

The first chapters/episodes did well to capture the spirit of shonen and the will to get better in my opinion, but after that it didn't really do anything special. None of the characters really stand out, and worst of all they tried to redeem Bakugo's garbage character just for the fujoshi to fawn all over the abusive relationship between Bakugo and Deku.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 16, 2022 9:03 PM
Jul 2021
I got bored and lost interest after completing s1.
Aug 16, 2022 9:05 PM
Aug 2021
TheFireNinja said:

fire pfp (15 characters)
Aug 16, 2022 9:16 PM
Dec 2021
Lost interest, the protagonist got annoying to me and personally I didn't really find this show special to me, the characters are ok, the plot is fine, just isn't my cup of tea anymore.
Aug 16, 2022 9:19 PM
Sep 2021
INSANELYWP said:
characters = extremely boring
plot = predictable
concept = interesting but gets old fast

I agree. it was one of my first anime but got over it in a short amount of time. it's j boring :/
Aug 16, 2022 9:21 PM
Aug 2021
This show had great potienal when it came out but it did not reach the heights it should have. I don't hate it just disappointed as hell.
Aug 16, 2022 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
I liked season 1 and 2, afterwards it just went downhill. Deku becomes unbearable to watch, the villains are the most uninteresting i have ever seen in an anime, power system is dumb and the scaling rarely makes sense, All Might was benched to soon, Bakugo's attitude gets old and he doesn't have the charm required to be the typical grumpy rival to the mc we see so often in shonen. The "story" progresses at a snails pace and there are way too many unnecessary scenes that should have been filled up with character development instead because as bad as the main characters are, the supporting characters are much worse. Season 5 was dog shit and never should have happened.
removed-userAug 16, 2022 9:30 PM
Aug 16, 2022 9:28 PM
Jul 2020
I enjoy the show, but the characters seem shallow as far as personalities go. Deku wants to be a hero, we get it, but what else is there to his character. Bakugo wants to be #1 hero and is angry all the time. Todoroki was burned as a kid and let’s that define his whole personality. Just my personal take on it, but it has been quite some time since I’ve watched. I should probably go back and rewatch some bits.
Aug 16, 2022 9:32 PM
Mar 2022
deku
deku
deku
uraraka
Aug 16, 2022 9:35 PM

Jul 2022
The show started fine but got extremely boring and repetitive after the first three seasons. This author likes living in his comfort zone and makes no attempt to change the status quo of the series at all. The characters are all extremely basic and are not compelling to watch at all either. The show failed to make me attached to any of its characters so watching the show felt extremely tedious and not enjoyable at all. I dropped it at season 4 and have no intention of picking it back up again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2022 9:45 PM
Dec 2020
YO_MAN_12345 said:
The show started fine but got extremely boring and repetitive after the first three seasons. This author likes living in his comfort zone and makes no attempt to change the status quo of the series at all. The characters are all extremely basic and are not compelling to watch at all either. The show failed to make me attached to any of its characters so watching the show felt extremely tedious and not enjoyable at all. I dropped it at season 4 and have no intention of picking it back up again.

like its been 120 episodes and wtf hss really happened
Aug 16, 2022 9:49 PM

Jan 2020
I actually like the series, especially the earlier seasons. S5 had its problems tho
Aug 16, 2022 10:21 PM
Nov 2021
First season was ok but it started to get boring af and the characters imo are extremely annoying.
Aug 16, 2022 10:44 PM
Jul 2022
bakugo (character limit)
Aug 16, 2022 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
The first seasons were good, later it was only downfall. Moreover, Deku gets more annoying than he was imo. I'm gonna watch further story, only because I want to end what I started.
removed-userAug 16, 2022 11:17 PM
Aug 16, 2022 11:38 PM
Mar 2022
Sagepool said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

I agree (character limit)
Aug 16, 2022 11:51 PM
Mar 2022
I think the honeymoon phase of My Hero is great, but when I think back about watching it…most of it was just meh. I’m still going to watch S6 because why they hell not, but my expectations are lower than they were for S5
Aug 17, 2022 3:00 PM
Nov 2021
Annoying protagonist, boring characters. Thats it mostly
Aug 17, 2022 3:23 PM
Jan 2021
Awesome show, Overhated, only thing I don’t like is the verbal explainations of all their powers in the middle of action.
Aug 17, 2022 3:29 PM
Jun 2021
Too many training arcs tbh, like i get it, they’re in school, but if they haven’t got anything cool to fight just give us a bit of slice of life inbetween, that would’ve been quite unique to blend heavy action shonen with like more of the daily lives of these people, especially since when we get moments like with bakugo and deku meeting todoroki’s family it makes for a really entertaining episode. Then we go onto the action side of things and get more depth, put the classroom characters at actual risk (kill off someone or put someone important in a coma).
Like i get that the author realises some characters mean more to the viewers than others, thats why we get so much todoroki.
But as of the latest season of the anime the quality is waining in storytelling, the animation has barely improved since season 1 and likely never will.
Im kinda annoyed by how the main character deku really doesn’t feel as important as he actually is and this last season gave him a “gear 2” like upgrade that came about and we all went “oh ok then so hes going to be ridiculously op by the end of the story”
Aug 17, 2022 3:31 PM
Jun 2022
Annoying protagonist, way too many training arcs, horrible pacing, horrible fanbase, fights are meh just kinda underwhelming considering the large buildup and I really hate when they explain quirks mid fight it just is so unnecessary and ruins the rhythm and flow of a fight
Aug 17, 2022 3:39 PM
Dec 2019
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

I don’t dislike the ANIME, I just dislike the 5th season tbh
Aug 17, 2022 3:43 PM
Jun 2021
It was fun for the first 3 seasons, it went downhill tho.
Im not enjoying it.
I might read manga later tho.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.