Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 30, 2022 6:00 PM

Sep 2015
Zoro back at it with the spotlight (even though i'm not a fan of him)

RAIMEI HAKKE!! One could not imagine getting hit by that, especially being a DOUBLE kill from it.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 30, 2022 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
First Half: Nothing Happened, literally nothing, except BM falling in the water and that was not in manga... it's anime canon(I don't have a problem with it).

2nd Half was amazing, Animation was great and I'm glad they gave justice to Ashura. Zoro is MVP of 5S vs 2Y fight.
Kaido's Raimei Hakke was great, and Luffy at the end.....
2nd Half was 10/10

At some scenes animation was not good but overall animation was great when it needed and next episode they are going to keep the good quality. Next episode is going have another crazy moment.
ZORO Ashura against Kaido is one of the best moments for him!
removed-userJul 30, 2022 7:47 PM
Jul 30, 2022 6:31 PM
May 2020
Ehhh episode overall

I mean , well

the pacing tho...And the animation is not that great lmao

The chapter is perfect in the manga but in the anime ? Its mediocre at best
One Piece is bad, really
Jul 30, 2022 6:31 PM

Aug 2019
Yeah I wasn't a fan of how Toei made Big Mom actually fall into the sea since that contradicts the manga. The worst part was that Prometheus dove into the water even though he's literally a ball of fire, so he shouldn't have been able to do that, never mind that he's made from a Devil Fruit power also and would therefore weaken inside sea water, anyways.

Some other parts dragged on for too long as well, but at least Kaido vs Zoro was mostly good, especially Kaido's scar spurting blood. But as usual in Wano fights, we had to deal with more bullshit DBZ auras. Enough is enough, Toei.
Jul 30, 2022 7:42 PM

Nov 2016
Woro, just Woro. Only he's so badass while failing to bring his opponent down. But yeah, Toei went all out with adding some questionable original content again 😂
FMmatronJul 30, 2022 7:51 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 30, 2022 8:00 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Solid episode, covered most of chapter 1010 which is good.

The stuff with Big Mom dragged on for a bit. Also I'm not sure if she actually fell in the water (didn't happen in the manga), and it doesn't make sense that Prometheus would be able to go underwater.

But anyways, the highlight of this chapter was Zoro's Dead Man's Game!! Animation was on point. Next episode should be good.
Jul 30, 2022 8:05 PM

Feb 2017
As always the pacing was too trash to enjoy the episode
Jul 30, 2022 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
Quite a mixed episode. There wasn't too much going on in the first half besides Big Mom falling into the sea. Also kinda weird to see Prometeus go in there and rescuing her without any consequences. However, seems like this was finally the time for Prometeus to stab Zeus in the back, even if asking for a replacement....excuse me, I mean girlfriend, wasn't anything I expected at all lol. I'm already curious what "female" Zeus will look like.

The second half was a dream for every Zoro fan. The animation looked insane and they really did justice to Zoro's ashura technique. Kaido didn't fall, but there aren't many people who can say they gave Kaido a wound/scar and made him bleed. So far we never heard or got a confirmation if Zoro has conquerors haki, but Kaido surely wouldn't say this for nothing. That's crazy. Hopefully Zoro will learn to use of it in the future.

Luffy finally finished his nap after Kaido stomped him into the ground and so we're heading into the next round between them. With how much Zoro already invested into this fight, it's hard to tell if we'll get any more of him, even if I really wish for it. Law took a beating too, but he should still be in okayish shape.

Jul 30, 2022 9:08 PM
Feb 2015
ok, what Prometheus did there make no any sense, he just ability from devil fruit and he basically fire ...
Jul 30, 2022 9:18 PM
Dec 2019
Early_Morning said:
Yeah I wasn't a fan of how Toei made Big Mom actually fall into the sea since that contradicts the manga. The worst part was that Prometheus dove into the water even though he's literally a ball of fire, so he shouldn't have been able to do that, never mind that he's made from a Devil Fruit power also and would therefore weaken inside sea water, anyways.

Some other parts dragged on for too long as well, but at least Kaido vs Zoro was mostly good, especially Kaido's scar spurting blood. But as usual in Wano fights, we had to deal with more bullshit DBZ auras. Enough is enough, Toei.

what's wrong with dbz auras?
Jul 30, 2022 9:33 PM

Jun 2014
First half of the episode dragged on and on, take a shot every time you hear the word "Mama" lol.

Second half was great because Zoro, he's always great. His Asura technique looked dope and now Luffy is back on his feet.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 30, 2022 9:40 PM

Sep 2015
Kaido813 said:
Early_Morning said:

Because it does not fit their characters nor are they authentic to the series at all, very uninspiring, pretty much like copying other peoples homework to try to make it look as "pleasing" to the teachers. But in reality feels so sudden and unnatural.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 30, 2022 9:50 PM
Dec 2019
Early_Morning said:

you do know that oda was inspired by dragon ball z right so, of course, he was going to copy it's nothing wrong with it I think it's kinda cool but you are right it doesn't fit their fights but it brings a new feeling to it.
Jul 30, 2022 9:50 PM
Jun 2019
From the previous episode, we all knew this episode was hype with Zoro being THE Zoro. It was a great episode, but after for some overuse of flashbacks, it was great. We also had tons of Sakuga. Nothing really happened in the first half, with some anime original stuff, and the second half was where it's at, with Zoro getting the sakuga treatment he deserves.

Zoro just being Zoro. Nothing happened

The Sakuga

HE SAID THE THING!! Lol

Joey-XD19202Jul 30, 2022 9:54 PM
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 30, 2022 9:59 PM

Sep 2021
terrible episode ngl, except for ashura, the whole episode was pretty much filler.
i feel like they got the staff of the worst dressrosa episodes back and gave them a little more budget lmao but can't complain too much i guess because of the constant high quality episodes we have been getting, and also the anime getting closer to the manga due to the break.
one thing we can all be happy about is that after next week, there will be a 3 week filler arc related to film red so we can expect atleast a little better after that. i only wish they didn't butcher such an important chapter like this tho
Jul 30, 2022 10:34 PM

Nov 2019
We finally reached the pinnacle of nonsensical of Wano arc.

When Zoro did the same thing to Kaido with Broken Bones striking him with Asura

which are both nonsense moments in both series FT & OP
No double standards.

But People are free to Defend Wano

I rather stay a unbaised fan of One Piece & Fairy Tail that is aware of their flaws

Also Did they seriously change the line from chapter 1010??? lol
from

(That guy... I wouldn´t be surprised if he broke every bone of his body after their last attack )

Law is refering to Kaido and Big Mom´s combined attack in the previous episode

to

(He could´ve had every bone in his body shattered from that )

One Piece Anime does a good job hiding it´s flaws.

rant is over

Anime made the fight look cool though..

Waiting to see Robin´s fight!!!!!
Jul 30, 2022 10:39 PM

Aug 2019
Kaido813 said:
you do know that oda was inspired by dragon ball z right so, of course, he was going to copy it's nothing wrong with it I think it's kinda cool but you are right it doesn't fit their fights but it brings a new feeling to it.

Oda barely uses that aesthetic gimmick in the manga though, and on the very rare occasions where he does it's only been during very dramatic fight scenes where it makes logical sense, such as clashes involving Conqueror's Haki. ~90% of the time it's Toei who is deciding to use those aura effects to make the fights more intense in the anime. It's not like Oda told Toei to start adding DBZ auras to the anime in every other episode, because why the hell would he even care about that all of a sudden in Wano?

And on another topic, I'm so tired of Zoro. I had to deal with him in the manga but the anime somehow makes his character so much more tedious.
Jul 30, 2022 10:56 PM
Dec 2019
Early_Morning said:
Kaido813 said:

Oda barely uses that aesthetic gimmick in the manga though, and on the very rare occasions where he does it's only been during very dramatic fight scenes where it makes logical sense, such as clashes involving Conqueror's Haki. ~90% of the time it's Toei who is deciding to use those aura effects to make the fights more intense in the anime. It's not like Oda told Toei to start adding DBZ auras to the anime in every other episode, because why the hell would he even care about that all of a sudden in Wano?

And on another topic, I'm so tired of Zoro. I had to deal with him in the manga but the anime somehow makes his character so much more tedious.

I truly don't know why I guess they want this arc to be more intense. and I don't mind seeing Zoro do his thing he's a badass. Toei is just going all out with the wano arc. even though in the manga it's already over. but just enjoy the ride let them do they thing.
Jul 30, 2022 11:01 PM

Jul 2016
Early_Morning said:
Kaido813 said:

Yeah, the art style from animation to paper is very different.

I hate the auras thing. It is not DBZ.
Jul 30, 2022 11:08 PM

Feb 2015
damn Law's ass got kicked lol
loved the episode <3
Jul 30, 2022 11:33 PM
Apr 2022
Pacing was trash at the start but as a zoro fan boy I was super hyped to see asura and thought they did it justice.

Although his been taking a lot of screen time I hope we get to see more of zoro later, would love to see another strong technique or the attack he used to beat pica in dressrosa again. It's Luffys time now though!
Jul 30, 2022 11:44 PM

Jun 2021
Episode was great.. Zoro carried it with his climax move and his animation! Toei nailed it but with pacing? Nah chief.. Idk about that one last episode's was great pacing but they reverted literally.. Also, I heard there's gonna be a 2 eps filler about film red Its a filler but its now a must watch! Latest chapter confirmed that Uta is canonically shanks adopted daughter

Next episode gonna be great! Slippers vs Bat 👌
Jul 31, 2022 12:23 AM

Nov 2012
Three headed 6 armed Zorro. 'nuff said
Jul 31, 2022 12:40 AM

Jun 2019
What an episode. That Zoro sequence was fucking fire. Kaido got cut but still stands tall.
Jul 31, 2022 12:57 AM

Aug 2019
A fire goes into the ocean, and comes out still burning.

Then there's a flashback to it ... in the same ep.

Jul 31, 2022 12:58 AM

Jul 2007
So this is what the director meant by Leveling Up the animation. Just add more aura effects lol. Serously? "Were going to level up", Get it? straight out of DBZ's ass i suppose. I can't imagine what THAT scene is going to look like now if its this crazy already.

Jul 31, 2022 1:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, Zoro’s tenacity is to be feared. I really hope it won’t keep getting dragged on like this though, there’s just no way he can handle more than this xD. New Ashura move, that was quite something!

Just enough time for Luffy to recover, and he seems awfully calm right now. Zoro managed a scar, so he’ll have to at least do better than that now.

And lol, I agree with many above, Promethius diving into the water and coming out unscathed was both baffling and hilarious.

Next episode should be fire! Is it really the end? Man, I can’t wait! And also, this arc has been a little too long, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 31, 2022 2:10 AM
Oct 2021
Zoro didn't give kaido a scar... Reading these comments is hard work. Let's get this right: Zoro has cut kaido deep enough that it will leave a scar. Kaido even says this... Scars are what's left after a deep wound is healed not what is there instantly.
Jul 31, 2022 4:18 AM

Sep 2020
I don't know why Toei added Big mom falling in the water but I'm certainly not complaining. Overall a decent episode with Zoro busting his chops and showing the level of his mental fortitude. Luffy is back from his unconscious state once again but the odds are stacked against him and the probability of him getting pummelled again is at an all-time high.

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊."- 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jul 31, 2022 4:20 AM

Sep 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:

Next episode should be fire! Is it really the end? Man, I can’t wait! And also, this arc has been a little too long, lol.
This arc isn't even close to ending. There are so many things that haven't been revealed yet and a bunch of fights that have not started/ended.

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊."- 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jul 31, 2022 4:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
samsince04 said:
This arc isn't even close to ending. There are so many things that haven't been revealed yet and a bunch of fights that have not started/ended.

Right, of course, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 31, 2022 4:35 AM
Jul 2018
How can we not love Zoro? 😍 Amazing showcase of his power. Kaido should be afraid if all of them connect their most powerful techniques into one ultimate attack. Now Luffy's pissed off, let's see what he's capable of.
Jul 31, 2022 4:52 AM

Mar 2015
Zoro is just the best.

I can't wait to see Kaido fall already!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 31, 2022 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
Zoro stop being so goddamned cool all the time! 😩
Jul 31, 2022 5:37 AM

Oct 2018
the return of the 9 sword style Ashura of Zoro ^^ really beautiful, Zoro was really badass like always
Jul 31, 2022 5:45 AM
Jan 2022
This episode is great if only it doesn't ruined by pacing and, animation of Zoro rokutoryuu also how Kaido got cut down then his blood spilled which look underwhelming imo (Zoro's final cut vs Killer was much better than this).

Now kinda tired of worst gens vs yonko fights, move to strawhats vs tobi roppo please.
Ardi8Jul 31, 2022 5:50 AM
Jul 31, 2022 6:04 AM

Apr 2018
The first half of the episode was once again full of flashbacks and stuff like that which wasn't really important at all. The second part is back to Big Mom/Kaido vs The Worst Generation where Luffy got shit on and the rest had to survive on their own. Kicking Big Mom off the island felt odd for some reason and easilly Promth. just jumping into the sea was even more "what the fuck?". Eh, it's probably anime original content. Zoro's nine-sword style hyped me up last weekend and it didn't miss for sure. Maybe a bit though due to the overuse of the aura around them. I don't have anything against it, I love it actually but it clearly doesn't fit One Piece characters nor the fights unless it's like showing off eg. observation haki atc. You barely managed to see the technique because of the aura. Also, it felt so underwhelming for some reason. Expected much more but it's just the same as the tornado technique. Still don't know the purpose of the purple aura if they're just going to use yellow for the rest but aside from that, it's an alright episode. Also, Luffy's dialogue in the end gave me some chills, man never give ups and the next episode looks pretty good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 31, 2022 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
Imagine if Zoro coordinated that attack with Law they could've done way more damage to Kaido. That's still very badass though goddamn.
Jul 31, 2022 8:10 AM
Dec 2012
Ah yes, the very important flashback to big mom falling in the water even though it happened 5 minutes before. Dragged out episode, the usual one piece tactics.
Jul 31, 2022 8:21 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Law thought of a plan to separate Prometheus, Napoleon and Zeus from Big Mom but Kaido interferes attacking Zoro and after Kaido defeats Law and Zoro Luffy gets up
Jul 31, 2022 8:56 AM

Dec 2019
The first half was boring but the rest was amazing

Zoro was so freaking cool

Also luffy at the end was so cool too
Jul 31, 2022 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
Leave it to Toei to ruin chapter 1010’s adaptation. Split the chapter into half and make the first half of the episode terribly paced filler.
Jul 31, 2022 10:11 AM
Jan 2020
How incredibly disappointing. Mediocre animation and horrendous pacing focusing on Big Mom for no reason, it's everything I dislike about modern One Piece episodes wrapped up into one package. Even Asura looked wonky as hell.

This was literally one of the best chapters in the manga in recent memory and it's so sad that they butchered it like this.
Jul 31, 2022 11:11 AM

Sep 2010
Was a great episode, but the flash backs are killing me. Was bad enough when they flashed back to Zoro blocking that attack, I was thinking that was only like 2 or 3 episodes ago we don't need a flashback to it, but then they flash back to big mom falling which happened in the same episode which is just unacceptable in my opinion. I know they have to drag things out so they don't catch up to the manga, but its such a lazy way of doing it.
Jul 31, 2022 11:25 AM
Jan 2021
Continuing off the last episode, Big Mom is plummeting into the sea. Prometheus and Zeus would immediately come to help but they’re a little… occupied to say the least. Everytime Prometheus tries to fly over, Zoro is there to cut him up, again and again and again.

Law thinks back to when Zoro blocked Kaido and Big Mom’s Conquest of the Sea combo attack and says that Zoro could’ve had every bone in his body shattered from that attack. You don’t get it Law. We’re talking about Pirate Hunter Zoro, AKA the first member of the Straw Hat Pirates, AKA The Right Hand Man to the Next King of the Pirates! That baby attack won’t do crap to him, not as long as Luffy is his main source of motivation. With a great motivation, anything is possible, and Luffy is the greatest motivation in all of fiction. He’s absolute BAD-ASS-ER-RRYYYYY!!!!!!

Killer is taking care of Big Mom’s sword, Napoleon, and for some reason… KAIDO…. IS STARING AT LUFFY WHILE HE’S PLAYING DEAD!

You guys don’t actually believe that Kaido has done any significant damage to Luffy! HE’S THE FIFTH EMPEROR FOR A REASON! LUFFY DEFIES ALL RULES, LIKE AN ABSOLUTE BADASS! THERE USED TO BE ONLY FOUR EMPERORS AT A TIME, BUT THEN LUFFY CAME OVER TO WHOLE CAKE ISLAND AND DECIDED TO CLAP KATAKURI’S CHEEKS AND GET SANJI BACK! KAIDO IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE IN COMPARISON TO LUFFY’S GREATNESS AND BADASSERY! DON’T EVER QUESTION THAT!

Kaido then decides to step in for Big Mom and stop Zoro from cutting up Prometheus. Law decides to help Zoro out by using Chambres to switch places, and then hit Kaido with Injection Shot. Kaido attacks him and Law tries to block with Antibacterial Curtain, but that ends in absolute failure as he flies back into a rock behind. Prometheus picks up Napoleon and flies over to save Big Mom.

Zoro tells Law this, but then Law says, and I quote, “I’d rather the mission failed… than have one of us die.” Zeus is still struggling in the box that he got trapped in. Kid gathers up a bunch of metal and heads out with Killer to take care of Big Mom.

Prometheus and Napoleon are able to save Big Mom. Big Mom is appreciative of Prometheus for doing so and they get to talking. Prometheus says that Zeus is useless and shouldn’t be part of the family, and Big Mom agrees with him. Purple lightning starts coming down and Prometheus tells Big Mom that he needs a girlfriend. Big Mom agrees, and it seems that she’s going to use the power of her Soul Soul Fruit powers to create a replacement for Zeus that will be the lover that Prometheus wants.

Law’s crew are looking at Onigashima from their submarine and figure out that Big Mom survived and that they can’t get to the island, but they’re determined to get to it somehow.

Kaido then has the AUDACITY to talk about busting up Luffy’s brain or eyes or head. KAIDO, AGAIN, WE’RE TALKING ABOUT STRAW HAT LUFFY! YOU’RE NOT INTERRUPTING HIS LOVELY NAP! DON’T EVER TRY THAT CRAP!

Zoro informs Law that he’s about to push his limits and that he will die if this fails. He asks Law to take care of the rest. Zoro gets out all his swords and Kaido senses Oden when Enma is drawn. Zoro essentially tells Kaido that if he wants to smash Luffy’s head, he’s going to have to go through him first! THAT’S RIGHT KAIDO! LUFFY DOESN’T HAVE TIME FOR SMALL FRY!

Zoro uses Demon Aura Nine-Sword Style! Asura! Blades Drawn! The last time Zoro used Nine-Sword Style was against Kaku in Enies Lobby! In fact, that was the first and only time prior to this episode! Zoro and Kaido are clashing their swords and club at one another, and then Zoro uses Nine-Sword Style! Asura: Blades Drawn… Dead Man’s Game! Zoro reopens the scar on Kaido’s chest and causes his blood to shoot out. Kaido points out that Zoro also possesses the Color of the Supreme King, which is another name for Conqueror’s Haki. Zoro showcased this on Episode 984 in which he infiltrated Onigashima disguised as one of Kaido’s subordinates.

Zoro tells Kaido that he has no clue what he’s talking about, so either Kaido is wrong, Zoro is playing it off, or Zoro himself doesn’t even know this. Zoro is disappointed that he wasn’t able to at least make Kaido fall, but Kaido commends him for the scar. Kaido starts walking toward Zoro, and Law starts to panic a bit. Kaido goes straight at Law and hits him AND ZORO with Thunder Bagua. Kaido tells the two of them that if they join him, they can dominate the world.

Luffy isn’t having this crap, so he gets up from his nap, makes the environment red with his Conqueror’s Haki, and tells Kaido off! Luffy gets up, LIKE A BADASS, and calls Kaido an idiot! KAIDO DO YOU REALLY THINK ZORO AND LAW WOULD ACTUALLY JOIN YOU OVER THE FIFTH EMPEROR?! HELL NO! Luffy tells Kaido that they love the samurai. Luffy takes a breath, and says to Kaido “I’ll kick your ass at any cost… I’ll kick your ass at any cost!”

THAT QUOTE WAS SUCH BADASSERY THAT LUFFY DECIDED TO SAY IT TWICE! SAYING IT TWICE ADDED TO THE IMPACT OF HIS WORDS ALONG WITH HIS BADASS DELIVERY! AS LUFFY IS SAYING THIS, THE INTENSITY OF HIS EYES INCREASES AS HE TURNS TO LOOK STRAIGHT INTO KAIDO’S SOUL. I WAS SHAKING IN MY BOOTS SEEING THE BADASSERY THAT WAS OOZING OFF LUFFY! OH MY GOD THIS EPISODE WAS SUCH BADASSERY AND I’M EXCITED FOR THE NEXT ONE!
Jul 31, 2022 1:25 PM

Feb 2016
Bad pacing aside, I'm genuinely wondering what's up with Toei's writing/direction decisions in Wano, because in this episode:
1.They nerfed Law's Injection Shot. In the manga, Law's attack made Kaido spit blood and he got irritated with Law's devil fruit power while in the anime...none of that happens. Law hits him with Injection Shot and Kaido doesn't bleed nor get irritated with Law. Wtf Toei?

2.They made Big Mom fall into the water in this episode even though I don't remember this happening in the manga.
3.They made Prometheus (a goddamn fireball) go into the water, swimming to Big Mom to save her, which also never happend in the manga.
4.They made Zoro reflect several of Kaido's club hits and his Ashura attack had Kaido bleeding massively (spraying blood type of beat), both are things which also never happend in the manga. The entire Ashura scene was made so spectacular in the anime even though Zoro couldn't even knock Kaido down and his attack left Kaido with a small scar, but somehow, the anime changed it so that his little scar on Kaido had Kaido bleeding severely, while Oden's scar on Kaido which is much bigger and had Kaido fall to the ground, only had Kaido bleeding a little? Toei is not even trying to hide to what characters they're bias to. First they made Zoro block Kaido and Big Mom's attack for a minute, and now they made Zoro's attack on Kaido so spectacular as if he severely injured him, even though Kaido pretty much tanked Zoro's attack in the manga and only bleed a little, not a damn liter amount of blood.

How Toei depicted Oden's wound on Kaido:

How Toei depicted the wound which the Scabbards gave to Kaido:

How Toei depicted Zoro's wound on Kaido:

How is it that Oden's Togen Totsuka (which is stronger than Zoro's Ashura and the Scabbards version of Togen Totsuka), was potrayed in the anime as the least impressive of those attacks? Toei even made Kaido in the anime bleed a ton amount of blood after the Scabbards hit him with Togen Totsuka even though they couldn't even open up the scar which Oden gave Kaido, while the massive scar which Oden gave Kaido was instantly healed and only bleeding a little. And now Zoro's Ashura which left Kaido with a small scar, had Kaido spraying tons of blood in the anime.

Since when does a small scar bleed liters amount of blood, but a massive scar instantly heals? Where is Toei's logic in that? They censored the damage that Oden's attack did to Kaido, but overexaggerated what the Scabbards and Zoro did to Kaido. I'm so confused. What makes this mad funny tho is that because of how Toei changed it like that, what Kaido said to the Scabbards makes no sense now.

He claims that the Scabbards are not strong enough to even open up the scar with Oden gave him, but Toei made the Scabbards injure Kaido more than Oden did, so none of this even makes any sense lmao. They fked the entire Powerscaling up because of how badly they adapted these fights. (Oden vs Kaido for example. They censored the damage which Oden did to Kaido, made Kaido get back up immediately after Oden's attack even though he was still lying on the ground in the manga before the distraction happend, and Oden was going for the finishing blow. Oden and Kaido never dashed at each other for a final clash in the manga. Kaido was done for after Oden's attack).

Fyi:

Oden's attack left Kaido's entire chest covered with blood in the manga.

The combined attack of 4 of the Scabbards had Kaido bleeding, although not that much.

Same goes for Zoro's attack, only a little blood, nowhere as much as Oden's attack.

And yet, Toei decided to have Kaido instantly heal the massive scar which Oden gave him, but then had Kaido spray blood after Zoro's attack, which is supposed to be much weaker than Oden's attack. I'm genuinely wondering why Toei decided to change it like that. Is there some bias for Zoro going on, or...?

Extra:

Zoro turned into a beyblade/fidget spinner in this episode...for whatever reason.

And I won't even be going into the whole aura shit since I know Toei is just doing whatever they want with the One Piece anime at this point so I guess Zoro has yellow aura around him because he secretly turned into a Super Saiyan.

And his eye turns red because he secretly has a Sharingan.

It's just bad.

At least the next episode looks clean, going by the preview, so there's that.
sumchiJul 31, 2022 1:35 PM
Jul 31, 2022 3:00 PM

Feb 2015
I thought that Big Mom falling to the sea was gonna make them breath, I wasn’t counting that fucking Prometheus can go underwater, despite his powers come from a devil fruit too. Zeus was trapped, but who cares, let him go with Nami. Zoro is in a completely different level, I wasn’t expecting that, Kaidou also hinted that he has conqueror’s haki. Animation on point.
Jul 31, 2022 3:14 PM
Dec 2021
Early_Morning said:

yes exactly like wth was that. rofl
Jul 31, 2022 3:16 PM
Dec 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Kaido813 said:

Because it does not fit their characters nor are they authentic to the series at all, very uninspiring, pretty much like copying other peoples homework to try to make it look as "pleasing" to the teachers. But in reality feels so sudden and unnatural.

well nothing is really "original" as long as it looked cool im perfectly fine. lol
Jul 31, 2022 4:13 PM
Nov 2013
Atlas77 said:
I thought that Big Mom falling to the sea was gonna make them breath, I wasn’t counting that fucking Prometheus can go underwater, despite his powers come from a devil fruit too.

To be fair, Prometheus' power did not come from eating a devil fruit. But yeah, not sure how a fireball can go under water...🤔
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

40 by G_Spark233 »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 678 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 17, 2015

143 by Kurusu_kun »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 543 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Apr 14, 2012

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 541 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimbobwa - Mar 31, 2012

70 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Dec 18, 2010

119 by bakakisima »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.