Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2022 9:49 PM
Jun 2019
Ok, definitely worth the wait for all this time, watching this in a cinema just give another blissful experience. You all know how Yuru Camp is, how realistic it can be to picture all of the nature beauty in the anime. Now imagine that all of you saw in the anime with a movie budget, and then with a cinematic sound system, absolutely much relaxing.

Tbh i haven't read the manga, so yeah i'm blind when it comes to the story, but based on the story from the tv anime, i can tell that the movie will of course revolve the same. About camping and other slice of life things. But hell i was wrong, the movie take a new concept and story. Took place maybe around 5 years after high school. One thing i sure glad is, everyone got their screentime respectedly.

If you ask did i enjoy the movie, i'd say yes, really enjoy it. If you are in Japan, go grab your ticket now, for those who are not in Japan, i just have to say be patience waiting for it come to your own country. It is a 10/10 from me without a doubt.
Jul 9, 2022 5:17 PM
Aug 2021
Ok why is the score apparently 7.32, I made a calculation and it’s 8.14 at the moment
Jul 10, 2022 5:17 AM

Oct 2010
ZXSHAWN01 said:
Ok why is the score apparently 7.32, I made a calculation and it’s 8.14 at the moment

I think it's weighed to avoid entries with very few votes appearing in higher ranks.
Jul 10, 2022 8:46 AM
Jun 2019
ZXSHAWN01 said:

Just MAL doing MAL things, the same happened with QQ movie
Jul 11, 2022 12:01 AM

Dec 2014
A great movie for a great franchise. I really hope YC will not end soon even if it means repeating itself.
By the way, did anyone managed to calculate the year difference between S2 and the movie inside YC universe? I did some assumptions in the previous forum post (https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2026763), but no one seems to be interested in it, so I decided to give it a try in this thread too.
Jul 16, 2022 3:22 PM

Jan 2020
I watched in theaters here in Japan yesterday and great movie!

Getting to experience the cast all grown up was sooo cool and was nice from start to finish.

Chikuwa is still so cute lmao

Oct 7, 2022 11:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's such a soothing series and the movie was no less of that special remedy. I'm so glad I got to watch this today, missed the first premiere yesterday in HK but it's fitting to have this end of the weekdays, ig.

An Op in the movie, that's not something we see very common in the industry but it was nice to hear Asaka-san. Eri Sasaki-san's ED though, now that was a whole different feeling! The movie dragged on for a bit in the middle but the usual comedic moment here and there kept things lively. And the theme of the movie was really nice too, when I heard that this was going to cover a bit of the future, I was hoping for the group to go camping, but making a campsite themselves? That's extra, as far as I'm concerned.

It looked a little dicey towards the 3/4th of the movie point when the plan was brought to a halt but of course, Aki-chan wouldn't just stop there. Coming up with the idea to make use of the artifacts was great. At one point, I was hoping the Japanese Govt. in the movie would just fudge off, xD. It's cool how their occupations made it a lot more comprehensive too (like Rin-chan with the editorial advertisement, Satou-san with her animal caregiving background, and Aoi-chan with her primary teaching experience).

On yeah, one thing I'm so very glad the movie didn't go on to address was regarding Chikuwa. I was getting death threats for real, good lord. Don't know how I'd take that given the nature of the series, lol. Having that Robo-kun of Aki-chan's was pretty interesting, on another note.

I literally got two of my friends who had no experience with the series to get both a good nap because of the comfy content and have a blast towards the end, lmao. A movie for all, certainly. Solid 8/10. Not as good as the series but a satisfying closure to the world of camping in Yuru Camp, overall. It's the only iyashikei series for me that nearly made it to the prestigious 10/10 category... I'll definitely go camping in one or two places that the series introduced in due time.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 13, 2022 3:14 AM
Oct 2021
I can't this movie anywhere. Somebody please tell me where to watch
Nov 6, 2022 3:58 AM

Jul 2012
Good movie, but still seasons were better. Felt slow even if it is SoL, but movie moves a bit away from camping and we see some camp planning and building (esp first hour). Though seeing Nadeshiko using tractor was really funny.
Love seeing the group coming from different places and camping like old days. When Rin had to ride again on her moped!

Waited quite some time and enjoyed the movie. Think expected something different, but still good! Overall 7/10 waiting for s3
Nov 12, 2022 5:54 PM

Nov 2018
They are all grow up, but still not much change😁

Shima Rin and her moped is a must when it come to Yuru Camp

Aoi pls stop teaching your students about "Sobaudon"😄
Nov 13, 2022 4:52 AM
Jan 2017
i feel mix feeling between happy and sad when see the girls is grown up i feel old enough,
but i love how the story goes on, how they making the camp site together,, all this moment very warming my heart and also i not forget about the scenery is very beautiful,,
i love this movie
Nov 15, 2022 2:27 AM

Feb 2021
i dont even know how to explain it, it just... good
Nov 16, 2022 6:27 PM
Aug 2022
NazunaRiyn_ said:
u can watch in zamazon prime video
Nov 16, 2022 6:29 PM
Oct 2021
NazunaRiyn_ said:

I means I can't . I missed a word
Nov 18, 2022 8:02 AM

Sep 2021
NazunaRiyn_ said:

It's now available on G*g*an*me site
Nov 18, 2022 1:56 PM
Jan 2019
Very enjoyable to watch. I haven't read the manga so I don't know if the time skip to them as adults is a thing but it was still good to see them all however many years later and re-joining to not only camp but to build a camp site together.

Worth the watch non the less. I'll have to give the manga a read and hope YC gets animated again

Edit: I seen on MAL that there's going to be a season 3 Anime of Yuru Camp OwO see you guys there when its out
ThatTea_Nov 18, 2022 2:16 PM
Nov 18, 2022 5:08 PM

Mar 2020
2 hours straight of Yuru Camp feels a bit overwhelming, but this movie was completely worth the wait! Great views of Mount Fuji, a lot of happy, comfy, therapeutic moments that warmed me up on a nice wintry evening.

The girls have all grown up, after a bit of a time skip, and each are adulting in their own ways, with Rin working at a editorial office, Nadeshiko working at a camping goods store, Aoi at an elementary school, Ena at a pet store, and the surprising driving force of the movie, Chiaki, was working at a tourism centre. With everyone being an adult, with less free time on their hands, it's only fitting that they come together once again to pass on the joys of camping to others, so they decided to build a campsite. The process of building was awesome, resembling the anime Do it Yourself, to some extent, with all the tools.

There was one point in the movie where I was a bit concerned about the direction, when there was a hiccup in the construction, and I thought things might turn for the dramatic, but luckily, things were resolved in a very nice way. Through this, there were some good themes tackled, such as the responsibilities of being an adult. Special shut out by the way, to Rin's co-workers, they were awesome, and so supportive. Adulting can be hard, but there's still a lot of joy to find wherever you go!

All in all, a very nice movie, and my favourite instalment of Yuru Camp so far! Very excited for Season 3.
Nov 18, 2022 6:09 PM

May 2015
One of the best anime movies I've seen, right up there with the K-On the Movie.
Nov 18, 2022 10:14 PM

Nov 2018
I'm extremely sad about the tragic loss of Rin's hair, but it was otherwise very good.
Nov 19, 2022 5:12 AM

May 2020
Amazing movie honestly i loved it, only Rin's hair is too short i like it more in the series but Nadeshiko looks so cute with shorter hair tho

Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Nov 20, 2022 12:29 PM
Sep 2021
Loved it, the movie was super chill and calming at the same time. Overall score 9.45.
Nov 22, 2022 4:40 AM

Jul 2020
Fantastic movie. So calm and sweet and wholesome. Loved seeming them all grown up and in a new setting and the concept of working on a campsite together was awesome and made just the right amount of plot to make the movie perfect. So sad that it seems like this series has come to an end (?) but I will always cherish the memories of Yuru Camp.
Nov 23, 2022 1:34 AM

Feb 2014
Aww the squad has all grown up including the dog. They've come a long way but still regain their quirky childish nature. Doing and building what you liked throughout the years is like a coming of age story. In some terms this movie was similar to Sakura Quest. They fell down but came back better. Go on girls up to your next adventure.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 24, 2022 12:30 PM
Nov 2018
In my totally unbiased opinion, this is the greatest movie of all time.
Nov 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Jul 2020
I finally had the chance to sit down and watch the movie, and while looking around for reviews, came upon this incredibly detailed and thoughtful post on what the movie does well. A few cool things that reviewer pointed out:

• Chiaki's based out of the Yamanashi Prefectural Government Office in Kofu
  • Chiaki's taxi ride over to Takaori from Nagoya with Rin was a three hour ride over 155 miles and cost her 92930 yen
  • The Takaori campsite is based on a real location, but in real life, it's a farmer's field
  • Since Akari's in post-secondary now, the movie is set at least 10 years after the original story
  • Nadeshiko invites Rin to the Honzawa Hot Spring in the Yatsugatake mountains of Nagano. It's a 2 and a half hour hike up here, and it is the highest open air hot springs in Japan
  • Sakura has a left-hand drive vehicle, which is a status symbol in Japan. They're more expensive and probably is a reminder of how much she loves to drive

It's always great to see the amount of detail put into anime (and how some people have an eye for these same details).
Nov 24, 2022 10:08 PM

Jun 2021
It's hard to even explain but this movie was an absolute masterpiece. Yuru Camp's been my favorite anime ever since I watched it and this movie just easily reminded me why I love this series so much, if not even strengthened my love for it more. I could feel myself smiling through like the entire thing and even getting hit in the feels a lot as well... (yes I might've even openly cried multiple times) This series will always hold a special place in my heart and this movie was just another perfect installment in an already perfect franchise. I agree with others when they say the ending does feel like the end of Yuru Camp (which technically it could be since I wanna say season 3 goes back to where season 2 left off and this movie comes after everything, but not like I'm even close to being caught up with the manga so I could be wrong) but regardless I'm beyond hyped for Season 3 now even more after seeing this movie. One of the easiest 10/10's I've given to any anime for sure, this series is just perfection.
Nov 25, 2022 3:18 AM

Feb 2020
Great movie. As funny, relaxing, and wholesome as the series.

I can't wait for the season 3!
Nov 25, 2022 7:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
tender and cute film to close this great anime series!!!

the positive of the film, were the words in the thermal bath, when one is an adult one loses in ignorance to gain in responsibility, but still it is not the end.

The negative was to use such a simple story, but I would have liked a little more adventure.

I hope it's not the end, but a start of something.!!!! kekeke
Nov 25, 2022 8:18 AM

Jun 2019
I just love this series.

Rin makes me want to buy a bike too. She's using a cool bike now.

So season 3 is set before this? They're old here. Can a manga reader confirm this?
Nov 25, 2022 5:45 PM

Jul 2017
A decent movie, some fresh mild changes like them being grown ups and having a bit more plot here than normal, but I do prefer the TV style of episodes where it can be watched in short durations as pick-me-ups than a whole marathon of a movie. Definitely felt dragged out for my liking at times, and the art is fine but slightly underwhelming, looks weaker than the first season from my memory.

But besides that, it was a fairly traditional Yuru Camp movie when it came to vibes and it did what the series has done in the past. It was mostly relaxing, had some charm with the characters, expanded on the setting well and didn't abandon its tone much despite being a 2 hour film. If you are a dedicated fan to Yuru Camp, this movie should give mostly everything that was enjoyable from previous entries but just longer and more aged-up with the characters. Probably too simple and a bit too long for me to call it a good movie that I highly enjoyed since I did definitely have moments of zoning out when seeing this, but it was still a respectable enough showing nonetheless.

Still prefer season 1 though over this movie and season 2 to be honest, something about that season just felt more fresh and charming to me compared to season 2 and this movie, even though I appreciate the movie's story for at least having the characters be older to provide a different context with them camping now as responsible adults. The movie felt too much like the series, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't give me as much of a refreshing vibe as I would expect compared to on paper. Solid 6/10 for me. Still not quite sure if this show needs a season 3 though, especially after this movie. But I'll see what's to come down the line.
Nov 25, 2022 5:49 PM

Feb 2020
bassyey said:
I just love this series.

Rin makes me want to buy a bike too. She's using a cool bike now.

So season 3 is set before this? They're old here. Can a manga reader confirm this?

The movie is original material. Season 3 probably picks up where the previous season left off (after the trip to Izu)
Nov 25, 2022 6:48 PM
Jun 2020
Really makes you want to travel and camp round Japan though, I searched up some of the locations, such as the 2150m high hot spring and there is a picture that looks just like what was shown in the film, but it was in Autumn and there was some guy in the spring. When I'm a bit older and have money I am so doing this lol.
Nov 25, 2022 10:54 PM
Oct 2020
Even though season 3 has been announced, this movie would have been a perfect end to the series. such a good movie seeing them all grown up and all coming back together again.
Nov 26, 2022 3:40 AM

Sep 2018
Two hours was a bit much for Yuru Camp, especially since the whole movie revolved around the gang slowly and meticulously creating a camping site. S1 of Yuru Camp is still peak. 7/10.
Nov 26, 2022 6:37 AM

Apr 2016
Well, ... you see, i do like Yuru camp, but i'm watching it because of the "laid back" atmosphere, camping setting and overall nice stress free experience with a cast of very colorful characters. But what this movie game me instead, was "we are adults now, life sucks a massive horse dong, everything we loved is gone, and there is nothing we can do about it" ... CORPORATE SLAVE LIFE BANZAAAAI!!!

I am very sorry, but this movie missed the mark by like a mile for me, and as some people above already mentioned, the two hours length definitely did not helped it either. Small, compact episodes works much better for this kind of show.

Hope season three is more back in line of what we are used to.
Nov 26, 2022 7:40 AM

Sep 2021
I WANT SEASON 3!!!
Nov 26, 2022 8:04 AM

Jan 2016
So heartwarming, wanna go camping in Japan 🤗
Nov 26, 2022 8:15 AM
Aug 2022
Wow.
Finally saw it today.
And, I will say it's just so beautiful and beautiful and beautiful.

First of all, great concept was used for the movie.
It's really realistic and yet so passionate.

One thing I want to know, I think it's anime original, but I want to know from manga readers, is it or not?

Well that aside, the storytelling was fantastic and pacing was also amazing.
And, I was glad to see them in their Adult forms and it was really amazing to see it from Adults' perspective, it was so refreshing to see them work together to build the campground and icing on the top was that the difficulty was shown and problems the project brings.
Specially, I really like how much problems adults face, were shown.
I got really sad when the campground got on hiatus.
But through their efforts and most important, passion for camping, they cleared it.
Also, great coincidence is that I have watched this series in Winter, or in same month as anime.
The movie today too, same month as in movie.

Really enjoyed it to the fullest.
Want to recommend the series to everyone, atleast give it a try, you will not regret it.

For us.
It was 9/10.
Nov 26, 2022 8:17 AM
Aug 2022
PHNika1 said:
Wow.
Finally saw it today.
And, I will say it's just so beautiful and beautiful and beautiful.

First of all, great concept was used for the movie.
It's really realistic and yet so passionate.

One thing I want to know, I think it's anime original, but I want to know from manga readers, is it or not?

Well that aside, the storytelling was fantastic and pacing was also amazing.
And, I was glad to see them in their Adult forms and it was really amazing to see it from Adults' perspective, it was so refreshing to see them work together to build the campground and icing on the top was that the difficulty was shown and problems the project brings.
Specially, I really like how much problems adults face, were shown.
I got really sad when the campground got on hiatus.
But through their efforts and most important, passion for camping, they cleared it.
Also, great coincidence is that I have watched this series in Winter, or in same month as anime.
The movie today too, same month as in movie.

Really enjoyed it to the fullest.
Want to recommend the series to everyone, atleast give it a try, you will not regret it.

For us.
It was 9/10.
I want Season 3 so badly.
Hope it comes quickly.
Nov 26, 2022 3:27 PM

Feb 2019
I like how Inuko's eyebrows are so important, they are on the outside of her hats.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Nov 26, 2022 5:41 PM
Jun 2021
What a gorgeous movie. Glad I finally got the opportunity to watch it.
Nov 26, 2022 7:16 PM

Sep 2021
I liked it very much but I felt like the climax(?) in the middle was rather unnecessary and diminishes the laid-back vibe of Yuru Camp. For me, this would have been a solid 10/10 otherwise but that climax plot and them getting so down over it made this a 9/10...
Nov 27, 2022 8:46 AM

May 2020
This definitely made my day, so glad I could watch it early. A different direction from the usual camping experience but I didn't mind, I love all the characters and I'm glad to see them in action in a two hour movie. I'm so looking forward season 3

8.1/10
I'm might be bias here but I don't care, still makes me happy
JoshhhpJun 16, 2023 11:13 AM

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Nov 27, 2022 4:30 PM

Aug 2014
It's as beautiful as the day we left it. Haven't watched almost any of Yuru camp since the last special but it's still so wonderful and good to hear they are still together even after so long into the future.
Absolutely lovely and the atmosphere changing from a bit dark to a wonderful happy atmosphere being presented simply by the way the pinecone spoke.
As wonderful as it has always been. 10/10
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 28, 2022 1:51 PM

Jan 2012
It's shallow pale and emotionless.
I watched it and could not get two things
1. Why she hates Nadeshiko and
2. Does that Queen girl practice shibari or something
but anyway
Nov 29, 2022 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
I think this was an excellent addition to the series. Certainly a bit more loaded in terms of emotional struggle, but it doesn't really go too far into that and in the end there has to be something about the issues of adult life in it. What makes it work well in my opinion is that, while certain conflicts seem inescapable and make the film less of an escapist experience, it does take narrative points suggested and/or developed already through the show and it doesn't lose focus of what defines the series. Like for instance it is totally a Rin thing to feel stuck the way she does in her job and finding a gateway both through the project and through the appreciation of her ties with her coworkers. Or it makes complete sense for Nadeshiko to be this level-headed and confident in her job, or for Chiaki to be so invested in the project and so fulfilled to see it grow and to receive validation through it. The movie imagines a future life where the characters need to adjust to adult routines, changing their priorities and struggling a bit, but it knows where it comes from and these little conflicts and the resulting rewards are fully cohesive with their personalities and character arcs. I know this show is supposed to be quiet and laid-back, but there has always been in it a component of struggle and problem-solving toward a rewarding closure, it's not like the beautiful moments are handed to the characters freely. In that sense the movie escalates the conflicts a little accordingly to fit the complications of adult life, but the end goal is equally liberating and comforting. I understand that this escalation could get a bit too far to some, but in my opinion it was a fair deal.

When I first started watching it, I felt a bit tired. In the meanwhile, I got gradually more invested, sometimes enjoying the vibes, sometimes in a way getting a little bit of that stressful feeling of adulting, and then feeling completely soothed in the end. I think this is very much a Yuru Camp experience and I'm glad they could deliver it so efficiently.
jal90Nov 29, 2022 6:30 AM
Nov 29, 2022 1:55 PM

Nov 2018
What should I start with? It was a very encouraging and heartwarming story! It was much better than I expected! Nothing forced, nothing far-fetched. Or almost nothing...

That's incredibly rare in real life!

However, even if rare in real life, such things still exist. So, I think the movie has a great balance. Also, there was no predominance in the girls' contribution to the project! I loved seeing each of one's unique talents highlighted through their teamwork!

Last, but not least,
Delightful!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Nov 30, 2022 9:26 AM

Mar 2015
It was kinda sad to see what Rin's future employment/life ended up being. Almost like a caged bird but good to see her parents still very much cared for her. Loved that care package her mother sent. She seemed like the least happy out of the 5 of them. Wish the side characters had more screen time.

Also thought chikuwa quietly passed away when he didn't respond to Ena when they were taking a break.
vong10Nov 30, 2022 9:54 AM
Dec 1, 2022 7:00 AM

Jan 2019
Somewhat kind of disappointing, same as adult life irl. No more fun and games. There are only taxes, responsibilities and back pain. Still good movie. In my case it did work better being episodic.
Dec 4, 2022 2:41 AM

Mar 2012
I liked S2 more, but man, Yuru Camps warms my heart like nothing else.
The "drama" felt a bit forced albeit expected given that a movie can't work with the format of the series, still it didn't overstay it's welcome so good handling in the end.
Waifus only represent ideals
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Nadeshiko Boss

hopp17 - Dec 30, 2022

2 by Rafdrk-n8 »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:46 PM

» is there a time skip in the manga too?

Jupiterbae - Nov 27, 2022

4 by yg »»
Dec 7, 2022 11:50 PM

» Watching Outside Of Japan

Roderick24_ - Jul 6, 2022

5 by Tuna_Fresh »»
Nov 25, 2022 9:50 PM

» Anyone else saw it? contain some spoilers

NekoToChiru - Jul 1, 2022

6 by Gigas001 »»
Nov 11, 2022 2:58 AM

» International theatrical distribution begins

JohanJ04 - Sep 1, 2022

2 by Eunos »»
Nov 9, 2022 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.