Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2019
Well, there you have it. Rengoku is gone and will live in our memories. Akaza ran away while being the absolute GOAT and emotional setting b/w the boys and Rengoku was also there. The news of Rengoku's death has reached all the other Hashiras and it's a sad day for the Demon Slayer corp. Same ending song as the movie btw.

This is the end of the arc and yup, it was all a recap of the movie with a few extra cuts here and there. And, now we wait for the next week where we're going to start the next arc, Entertainment District Arc.
Nov 28, 2021 6:46 AM

Jul 2019
Pretty good episode ye, quite liked it for what it was even in TV format. Still looked clean and all, so respect to ufotable.

gotta love the smile tho.

Anyways, that is the end of the arc. Now for Entertainment District which is going to be amazing. Looking forward.
Nov 28, 2021 7:03 AM

May 2020
Was good for the while it lasted, though honestly didn't noticed any of those significant changes they were talking about, either they were too minor or I wasn't very perceptive while watching, but anyways that end was equally emotional as it was in movie.

So good thing we witnessed this arc again and now just get the real thing from next week. Pretty hyped.
Nov 28, 2021 7:12 AM

Nov 2019
Any real new content from this episode? I was hearing the movie omitted something from Rengoku's past. Did they add that?
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Nov 28, 2021 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Differences between the movie and the TV version:
- Additional static shots from different angles
- Akaza's one jump shot additional cut

Faithful to the movie as is, but I have to admit that the movie didn't really need a TV format to slide right into the Entertainment District arc starting there right after.

Scream with me: CASH GRAB!
Nov 28, 2021 8:19 AM
May 2021
They earned with this recap. Means this whole mugen train earned a lot. Hope they gift us with their usual quality content ❤️
Nov 28, 2021 8:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm Rengoku's final assault was just beautiful. After that display it was so unfortunate that Akaza managed to get away. I think its fair to say that Tanjiro's words were one that every fan of the series must had felt when we see this scene. In a way those that ruse to become Hashira's are not only the blades of the corps but also their strongest shields as well. In the end though Rengoku died in battle at least he died content and with a smile on his face. Very few can face their deaths like this. And with this tragic fight at at end its time to see how the corps would react when the new season starts. Overall i really liked the this rendition of the movie and thought that even divided into individual episodes it still managed to convey the overall narrative and its groundshaking events excellently with the new scenes adding a lot to the overall experience.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2021 8:29 AM
Nov 2020
omg i'm crying what a great final
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Nov 28, 2021 8:31 AM
Nov 2019
And back to the tears, because I didn't have enough from the movie.

Rengoku's death is still one of the best moments in anime and it still managed to wreck me a second time.

Specially Tanjiro's words, on the two times he says it:

- Rengoku didn't lose. Nobody died. We fight you in the dark where you have the advantage and you still run away, cowards!

- Everytime I master something a new wall arises, and people is fighting beyond it. It makes me feel so frustrated.

While I think this 7 episodes were basically the movie with 0 changes (basically what they did with Re:Zero Director's cut) I still appreciate it we get this JUST before the next arc starts as a catch up of sorts.

Hyped for next week!
Nov 28, 2021 8:32 AM
Feb 2021
Good to see rengoku getting shit on again
Nov 28, 2021 8:32 AM

Apr 2018
Well, Rengoku's speech was amazing. This was the most useless TV-recap with an original first episode that didn't really offer something amazing. New stuff is coming in a few weeks, looking forward to that.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 28, 2021 8:36 AM

Oct 2010
I already saw the movie but seeing one more time the excellence of Akaza is a must do. Tanjio demonstrated a negative IQ when he called on Akaza to come fight when he just avoided the sun, and to think that he is a demon slayer, wasn't he taught that demons evaporate in the sun? the fight was already won by the demon, Kyojuro was too weak.
Decent anime overall, let's see what the next season has in store for us.
Nov 28, 2021 8:37 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I did not watch the movie, so i loved it!
Looking forward to the next arc :)
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 28, 2021 8:37 AM

Nov 2016
This was good. Don't regret rewatching this arc, even tho there's not much merit in this TV version for people who have already seen the movie. Episode 1 was about the only aspect that added some value.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 28, 2021 8:41 AM

Jun 2014
I've already seen the movie twice and still became an emotional wreck during this episode. I swear this death hits way too hard. He wasn't around for very long but RenGOATku catapulted his way into the position of one of the top characters of the series over the span of merely one arc. And ffs, they kept the same ED song as the movie. Just when the tears were drying, that song started and I was right back to square one. It wasn't necessary, but I'm still happy we got this re-airing. Now that the appetizer is finished, let's move on to the main dish with the Entertainment District arc coming up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 28, 2021 8:41 AM

May 2011
Certified_retard said:
Good to see rengoku getting shit on again

That's Renguko-san for you.
Nov 28, 2021 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
Was a good recap journey, being good this dissection of the movie in episodes to analyze many parts individually.
Nov 28, 2021 9:03 AM

Mar 2021
Watched movie in 2021 start and still got goosebumps from the ninth form: rengoku, looking forward to entertainment district arc.

If you think

Danganronpa character voice in English is better than Japanese

Please Get Some Help

Nov 28, 2021 9:05 AM

Aug 2020
Just as amazing as the movie !
I love that they kept Homura as the ending theme
Nov 28, 2021 9:11 AM

Sep 2017
What an amazing emotional climax. Tanjirou screaming out about how Rengoku won etc really got me going and everything afterwards built on that. I fucking love Tanjirou as a protag man.
Nov 28, 2021 9:16 AM

Dec 2014
Even though I’ve seen it before, I can’t help but tear up at Rengoku’s death. The part where Tanjiro yells after the fleeing Akaza about how the Demon Slayer Corps are always fighting at a disadvantage from time of day to the mortality of their bodies still gets me. Especially when he ends saying that this was Rengoku’s victory,

Rengoku’s final words and the aftermath are also make me tear up and then they hit me with Homura. Talk about being completely destroyed emotionally.

For the show itself, likely wasn’t necessary but hey it’s the same thing as the movie which was incredible and I have no qualms about rewatching it. I already commented on the movie thread and my stance remains unchanged and I see no reason to give this a different rating either.

10/10
Nov 28, 2021 9:17 AM
May 2021
Welp, that's 6 episode slots wasted for S2. Remember guys, we're only getting 18 eps for S2 and that's including the 7 eps of the Mugen Train arc. In other words, the Entertainment District arc will only be 11 eps.

Honestly, wth was the point of a TV recap when the movie was also made available on both Funi/CR, and a 2 hour movie certainly hits harder than a movie cut into 6 eps. It should've just been ep 1 and then straight to the ED arc. *face palm*
XO2HKIMNov 28, 2021 10:26 AM
Nov 28, 2021 9:30 AM

May 2015
It was ok for a cut movie (not counting 1st episode).
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 28, 2021 9:32 AM
Nov 2020
I knew what was coming, still I cried hard throughout the episode. I loved the movie, but this TV version left me with a lot more feels.
Nov 28, 2021 9:39 AM
Oct 2021
I knew what is coming next but still can't stop myself crying. Will miss you Rengoku San
Nov 28, 2021 9:42 AM

Dec 2015
so excited for the official second season!!!!
Nov 28, 2021 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
I was curious if the movie+ version would make me love this arc and It surely does. I knew what was coming but man without anyone beside myself and my cat I’ve got the chance to break out in tears. We’ll remember you Rengoku-san 🔥
Nov 28, 2021 9:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well okay for a rewatch, but watching everything at once (movie version) felt better and more emotional for my case, anyway can't wait for next week to see the 2nd season!
Nov 28, 2021 10:04 AM

Apr 2014
Had to be one of the best fights for me this year. Rengoku's demise is one of the emotional for me this year. Despite the loss and death of a Flame Hashira. No innocent life was lost. Despite knowing Rengoku's death he encourages Tanjiro, Innouseke, and Zenitsu to keep moving forward no matter what happens because time will not wait for you. Giving his speech that he and the other Hashira will not allow the young buds to be nipped, and tells them not to feel bad that his death is at hand. Oh man. What an episode. Next week we will begin the new arc. T_T farewell Rengoku-san your words will forever be etched into the hearts of many.
Nov 28, 2021 10:09 AM
May 2020
XO2HKIM said:
Welp, that's 7 episode slots wasted for S2. Remember guys, we're only getting 18 eps for S2 and that's including the 7 eps of recap. In other words, the Entertainment District arc will only be 11 eps.

Honestly, wth was the point of a TV recap when the movie was also made available on both Funi/CR, and a 2 hour movie certainly hits harder than a movie cut into 6 eps. It should've just been ep 1 and then straight to the ED arc. *face palm*

If you wanted 18-26 episodes of new content you would've had to wait next year for it to air
Nov 28, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2021
Even if entertainment district arc is going to have just 11 episodes, remember that first episode of it is gonna be an hour long, so if we conisder first episode as 3 episodes, we are getting a total of 13 episodes, which is fine ig, would have preferrred 24 episodes but still if the whole entertainment district arc is getting covered in 13 episodes then its fine

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 28, 2021 10:17 AM
May 2021
@Mansibuddin101 That's a valid point, however, I think we all would've been fine with just the 12 eps of new content (ep 1 + 11 eps of ED arc) if 6 weeks hadn't first been wasted on 6 eps of recap.

@TsutanaiFuun Ah I had forgotten about that, good point!
XO2HKIMNov 28, 2021 10:23 AM
Nov 28, 2021 10:40 AM

Mar 2018
I'm so glad this came out as a split series, the movie was ruined by little shits screaming eren yaeger throughout so this is a god send, 10/10
gonna book an empty cinema next time, ive learned my lesson, fuck weebs
Nov 28, 2021 10:55 AM

Oct 2018
very emotionnal final like we saw in the film with this sad end :(
Nov 28, 2021 10:55 AM
May 2021
Episode was soo good, watched the movie twice & the final fight always gets me… Entertainment District Arc see u there!!
Nov 28, 2021 11:21 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it amazing episode..
Nov 28, 2021 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
its over now to see the brothel arc
Nov 28, 2021 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
so there was no lead in to the next arc like the defenders suggested would happen. in the grand scheme of things, it was totally unecessary since every DS fan had already seen it and first episode coulda just been an ova. it was good to revisit but i could do without it
Nov 28, 2021 12:09 PM

Jun 2020
yea dis shit kinda ehhhhhh on tha 2nd time thru
Nov 28, 2021 12:17 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Honestly, I expected at least the visit to the Rengoku residence to be shown or something of the sort but it literally ended right at the time of the movie...

That aside, however, this was a really emotional episode. And of course, Ufotable's quality stood out as well. For these reasons alone, I would say that this recap experience may not have been ideal but certainly more than good enough.

Unlike many though, I thought the first episode was so-so and that being the only visible change is kind of weird to take in. But well, it is what it is. Yuukaku-hen, here we come!

7/10 from my side.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 28, 2021 12:58 PM
Apr 2009
In what way is this a cash crab? You want to force the tv viewing audience to buy the blu-ray or just cut this whole arc out of the anime?
Nov 28, 2021 1:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
With a slightly longer episode due to the credits, we finally finished the 7 episode Mugen Train arc in anime form as opposed to the movie, and honestly I loved watching through it again since I last watched it back in May, it’s a truly awesome arc with so many good moments, amazing animation and good fights, I really love it.

This particular final sequence shown in the last episode is as of rn my favorite moment in the series, not only is the fight great but the final moments of it are what sell it for me. The amount of raw emotion from Rengoku and Tanjiro is amazing, I especially love Tanjiro’s speech he screams at Akaza, it makes me tear up hearing it again and it especially got me when I watched it the first time, it’s so good.

But yeah, it’s controversial but I loved this anime version as much as the movie, onto the new stuff starting whatever week that starts!
Nov 28, 2021 1:07 PM
Jun 2021
This is it! I was hoping for more new scenes at the end but its alright i guess. HYPED for next week new season is real!😁
Nov 28, 2021 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
i remember i cried from the movie too but for some reason i cried way more from this.
i need the sequel NOW, not in a week
Nov 28, 2021 1:25 PM
Aug 2021
I already watch the movie when it was released but still this episode brought me tears in the end. Farewell Rengoku-San you will be remembered...
Amazing Direction Haruo Sotozaki Sir! Really looking forward for the Next Arc!!!
Nov 28, 2021 1:40 PM

Feb 2020
Guess it'd be more impactful if I'd never watched the movie beforehand. Not like I'd have known they'd be doing this anyway.

For what it was worth, I guess it was okay. something to build up to for the new season? Definitely high quality for animation, though I can't say the same for everything else here.

Wished there was more original content...
Nov 28, 2021 1:45 PM

Jun 2013
i'm crying that was a great episode
Nov 28, 2021 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
Mugen Train arc in movie format was great, but I feel like turning the movie into TV series, with all additional content (like that first anime - exclusive episode) madge it even more entertaining to watch.

Rest in peace, Rengoku-san.
Nov 28, 2021 2:45 PM
Mar 2015
Rengoku made his mama proud
Nov 28, 2021 3:19 PM
May 2020
Fuck, that was beautiful, I teared up. Even after all the fucking spoilers I teared up.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Oct 10, 2021

173 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 17, 2021

79 by TaigaDominatesMe »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 21, 2021

58 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 14, 2021

54 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 7, 2021

59 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.